Filter by:

• Overall

About talech

talech is a cloud-based, Point of Sale software system for restaurants, bars, cafes, retail and service businesses.

Learn more about talech

Brian C.
President in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

Normal POS system.

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Has lots of options. I can manage employess with this.

Cons:

It is not stable. Especially if I use this with 3~4stations , it is not working properly.

Gina B.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Software user since 2016

4 2 years ago

Comments: I have used many different accounting systems with inventory. Overall this software shows real potential as an easy to setup and easy to use system.

Pros:

This software is easy to setup and use. Customer support is great. I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times and the problems were fixed very quickly. The description field is large enough to allow a proper description of my products. The tags and categories give me breakdowns on the reports so I can determine what is selling and what not to purchase again. The markup field makes it easy for me to determine sale prices of my products. The inventory log helps me find a customer sale so I can do proper return prices for my customers.

Cons:

I wish the tags were listed in alphabetical order. I wish the sales tickets were available for more than 2 months so I could do returns to credit cards instead of having to give my customers cash. When I have trouble with my internet connection and it get dropped after it hits the gateway, there is no way for me to determine that the charge went through. I’ve had at least a dozen instances of this happening. It then shows only 1 sale on my system and my customer has 2 charges on their credit card. I then have to credit the sale so it credits my customers card, and then I have to renter the sale as cash so I can balance inventory and sales amounts. I wish the sales tax list would indicate which tax code I have currently marked. I have never been able to get the jewelry labels to print.

Spenser C.
Store Owner in US

Video Game Store Owner Review

4 5 years ago

Comments: We have loved Talech since we got it. It's got a lot of great features that other POS's don't have or utilize as well as Talech. Keeping with cash or orders is made simple, though my only real complaint is that as a video game store, we take in a lot of used items purchased from customers. When we pay out in cash, it's fine. Talech keeps up with that, but there isn't a really great way of doing it other than doing a transaction as "store credit", hitting the payment as other, and then refunding it to that customers account. Other than that major complaint, everything else has been pretty smooth other than the actual card swiper. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. It frequently has problems, and can never really be relied on. It will only update during a transaction and I have had several occasions where that lasts up to 15 minutes with a then irate customer afterwards.

Pros:

I love the ease of use, and how within minutes of using it, I already had the hang of it. There weren't any features that I wasn't made aware of by the software immediately, because it's all out in plain view rather than some backdoor menu. It's responsive and I love the fact I can keep up with my customers, and their data with it including sending out emails to them periodically.

Cons:

I really hate during a transaction that if you accidentally add an item or have a customer remove one from their cart that you have to trash the entire order. That slows the process, and keeps the customer from having a smooth checkout process. Honestly, it feels like sometimes due to the credit card machine that we are known as those guys who might be having problems today. That sucks lol. That's almost been enough where I have wanted to switch because its not our POS software but just one we use.

5 years ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, Spenser. I've shared your product feedback with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us - we love to hear from you. Thanks for being a talech customer.

Kari C.

Talech Pros and Cons

5 5 years ago

Comments: Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process. I have been able to help another pizzeria more streamline there system do it works better for their needs. Both Talech support and boomtown are great, they are always trying to help and most times they can this was just a new area for them. I have never had anything but an exceptional experience from either customer support. I do love the fact that Talech does listen to customer feedback and is continually improving their product.

Pros:

It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Cons:

it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant. No delivery option Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

5 years ago

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!

Eric T.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Better than the Big Boys

5 5 years ago

Comments: I own a coffee shop / cafe in New Mexico. Before this I have worked in all positions imaginable in many different types of restaurants. I have used most of the Big Name POS systems out there. As a manager I had to program them, change prices, add buttons and all that. Usually you have to do these things in the middle of a big rush on top of ten other things. I'll tell you what, Talech is by far the easiest I have ever encountered. I can add a button, scratch that, I can have an employee add a button with a few instructions over the phone! Also, by using ipads as terminals, my costs stay way low. a refurbished ipad is like $200. Compared to the other guys' pricey terminals, they are practically disposable. I bought a backup just in case! I love Talech and will tell it to anyone willing to listen. In this business, it is nice to find something that works!

Pros:

Low initial cost. Intuitive setup. Rapid adjustability

Cons:

Not compatible with Android OS

5 years ago

We're so happy to hear that you are happy customer after 2+ years, Eric! Thank you for being a loyal talech customer and for writing a review. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

Christina S.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Talech User

4 5 years ago

Comments: We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

Pros:

It is pretty much user friendly

Cons:

More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

5 years ago

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Carrie M.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees

Great POS system with top notch customer service support

4 2 years ago

Comments: I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

Pros:

When we do have issues with card reader or printers (which are obtained from the credit card processing vendors) it is easy to reach the Talech customer service reps to talk us through the issue and resolve the problems. It keeps up with product inventory levels and gives decent reports.

Cons:

Since I am not familiar with any other POS systems I can’t comment on the cons other than it is geared to restaurants and merchandise retail and not necessarily wineries....(thinking it might be nice for it to also monitor our bulk wine products?)

David W.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

Talech register using iPad

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

Pros:

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

Cons:

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Cathy T.
Salon Owner in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Good product, exceptional customer support

5 5 years ago

Comments: I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

Pros:

All the options

Cons:

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

5 years ago

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Kelye D.
Retail

Very happy with Talech!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Customer service is the best. There are things I wish I could access with Talech, but not yet available. I am told they are working on it. I am very unhappy with my card company Elavon, but haven't switched yet because I need to find someone that will allow my point of sale to be Talech.

Pros:

Different ways to inventory and access products.

Cons:

I need to have the availability to print reports showing all new inventory added per year.

5 years ago

We're so glad to hear that you're happy with talech, Keyle! Thanks for being a customer and writing a review. I've shared your feedback about inventory reporting with the product team. We'd love to know about the things that you'd like to access but aren't yet available. Please reach out at your convenience and let us know. We'd love to hear from you!

Randy H.

Just missed the mark

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall my experience is poor. I was sold on this program, that it would do everything I needed for my business. It did not live up to its end.

Pros:

Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs

Cons:

Where to begin. The software is horrible. Every time there is an upgrade something goes wrong. Be it a printer malfunctioning or part of the program not working properly. I spend hours with customer service to get nowhere. They must constantly send out patches for the problems they create.

David M.

Retail sals

4 5 years ago

Comments: I would like to see a better way to track inventory such as being able to look up 1 item and tell the sales history for that item. I would also like to see better instructional videos about how to use tags, modifiers, etc. I think you are to much geared towards restaurant and not retail sales.

Pros:

Easy to use basic functions

Cons:

Inventory tracking,

5 years ago

Thanks for writing a review and sharing feedback, David. I have shared your comments about better inventory tracking with the product team. We'd love to hear more about additional features that would help your retail business. What else would you like to have to help you run your business better? Please let us know. We love hearing from you!

Shaheen G.

Lux Ave boutique

4 5 years ago

Comments: I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Pros:

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Cons:

Not a retail friendly

5 years ago

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Camille G.
Owner/Operator in US

User Friendly POS always making improvements

4 5 years ago

Comments: Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others.
So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

5 years ago

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.

Kent P.

A great system

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have been using for several years. Very few issues and were quickly resolved. The only disappointment is with gift cards. Of course that is an issue more with processors. However, you would think that would be a priority. Overall the system is very strong and for the cost it is a good deal

Pros:

Very intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons:

I would like to see a better and more affordable option for gift cards.

5 years ago

Thanks for writing a review and sharing feedback, Kent. I've shared your request re: gift cards with the product team. Please continue to share your feedback so we can continue to improve the product. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Tami F.

Talech is amazing!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I've always loved Talech and shared my experience for the system with other small businesses. It's ease of use makes it perfect for our small store. What brought me to Talech was the ability to manage inventory and now the new integrated 2.0 is exciting!

Pros:

Ease of use

Cons:

I wish I could link my website for online sales.

5 years ago

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing us a review, Tami! We're so happy that you love and still love talech after 2+ years. We can integrate talech with some ecommerce sites. We'd love to see if we can integrate talech with your site. I'll have someone reach out! Or feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.

Christi W.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Good system, but has its limitations.

4 5 years ago

Comments: The Talech system is overall good value for the money. Nicer features include inventory tracking and reporting. I also like that employee time sheets are integrated. However, the purchase order feature is worthless. POs do not include the item number, which make them useless to vendors. This is a real handicap if the intended use is for supply chain.

Pros:

Inventory tracking and reports

Cons:

Purchase orders do not include item numbers

5 years ago

Thank you for the review, Christi. I have passed along your feedback regarding purchase orders to the product team. We appreciate the candor and encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts on the product so we can continue to make improvements. If there is anything else you'd like to share -please let us know. Thank you for being a customer!

Charles M.

Keeps getting better

5 5 years ago

Pros:

We use it for multiple retail stores and use the inventory management function. It has improved greatly in the last year. We'd like to see some integration to view the inventory across multiple stores simultaneously. Keep up the great work.

Cons:

Hardware choices need to be all integrated into one unit.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review and feedback, Charles. I've shared your request for multi-store inventory management with the product team so they can continue to work on features and functionality that are important to you and your business. Please continue to share request and feedback with us. Thank you for being a talech customer!

David W.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

best pos system out there

5 5 years ago

Comments: no issues, does the work for me, awesome system! does all of the paper work for me, taxes, sales, employee time clock. lowest rates and the best customer service!

Pros:

it does all of the work for me. taxes, time clock, sales trends.... ease of use and excellent customer support

5 years ago

David, thanks for being a customer and the positive review! We're so glad that talech is working so well for you. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Carter C.
Co-Owner in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Not made for my Business

3 5 years ago

Comments: The overall idea of this point of sale system is great, however it just isn't made for a record store. I am entering in new inventory each week and over time it is causing my Talech App on my iPad to run slower and slower. There are times where it takes up to 5 minutes in order to sign in and get everything loaded. Normally I would blame the iPad, but it works flawlessly on everything else. I just don't think the app itself can handle thousands upon thousands of different items. It works for now for the most part, but I will probably have to change point of sale systems soon in order to keep everything running smooth.

Pros:

User friendly

Cons:

Gets slower over time

June B.

Talech Thoughts

3 5 years ago

Comments: We had a rocky start with the talech system, I'm not sure it was presented to us correctly. However the tech support has been very good except for the training portion which I believe has been corrected. The inventory system is good but could give a little more detail in the inventory tracking. Being able to folllow the daily activites of the store when I am not there is a plus.

5 years ago

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues, June. I've shared your feedback with the product team. Also a member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to help!

Ken M.
Ownwr in US
Restaurants

Bluetooth always is disconnected, system goes down during busy times

3 5 years ago

Comments: My blutootth will disconnect at least once a day. Forcing the customer to wait. Calling customer service has been a joke waiting for 20-45 minutes if I wait or if it's not a busy signal. I really liked the option to have customer service call me back.

5 years ago

Ken, thank you for being a customer and writing a review. We apologize for the challenges with bluetooth connectivity and any recent slower response times when you have needed help. We'd like to hear more about your recent challenges and figure out how to help. Someone from the team has reached out via phone and email and would love to hear from you at your convenience.

Courtney C.
US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

LOVE Talech

5 5 years ago

Comments: Since we switched over to talech collecting money has never been easier. Our patients love the ease of the system and at the end of the day when we need reporting we can access them so easily and see exactly what we collected, by which type of card and it all matches up with our needs. Thanks!

Pros:

The ease of use, how user friendly it is and how the back end does not take rocket scientist to use!

5 years ago

Courtney, we're so glad to hear that you love talech! Thanks for being a talech customer and writing such a lovely review. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. We're here for you.

Cherry C.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Customer Support

4 5 years ago

Comments: All of Talech representatives are super friendly and helpful, but the wait time to reach them was unbelievably long, can not get get help as soon as needed.

5 years ago

Cherry, thanks for writing a review and sharing feedback. We apologize for any long waits for customer support. We are definitely here to help. We've made some changes so wait times should be better. Thank you for your patience and for being a talech customer!

Ken M.
Food & Beverages

Best software ever!!!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE using talech!!! So easy and user friendly. Reports are a breeze. Very powerful, yet easy to use and cost effective. I tell everyone I know to switch to talech!

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy to train employees to use. Reports are extremely powerful. Cost effective. Easy to view information while away from the brewery.

Cons:

nothing!

5 years ago

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a positive review, Ken! We are so happy to hear that you love talech and that you even tell others about us. We appreciate you!