Video Game Store Owner Review

Reviewed on 04/11/2016
Spenser C.
Store Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have loved Talech since we got it. It's got a lot of great features that other POS's don't have or utilize as well as Talech. Keeping with cash or orders is made simple, though my only real complaint is that as a video game store, we take in a lot of used items purchased from customers. When we pay out in cash, it's fine. Talech keeps up with that, but there isn't a really great way of doing it other than doing a transaction as "store credit", hitting the payment as other, and then refunding it to that customers account. Other than that major complaint, everything else has been pretty smooth other than the actual card swiper. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. It frequently has problems, and can never really be relied on. It will only update during a transaction and I have had several occasions where that lasts up to 15 minutes with a then irate customer afterwards.

Pros: I love the ease of use, and how within minutes of using it, I already had the hang of it. There weren't any features that I wasn't made aware of by the software immediately, because it's all out in plain view rather than some backdoor menu. It's responsive and I love the fact I can keep up with my customers, and their data with it including sending out emails to them periodically.

Cons: I really hate during a transaction that if you accidentally add an item or have a customer remove one from their cart that you have to trash the entire order. That slows the process, and keeps the customer from having a smooth checkout process. Honestly, it feels like sometimes due to the credit card machine that we are known as those guys who might be having problems today. That sucks lol. That's almost been enough where I have wanted to switch because its not our POS software but just one we use.

by talech on 11/11/2016

Thank you for your review and feedback, Spenser. I've shared your product feedback with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us - we love to hear from you. Thanks for being a talech customer.

Owner of The 1000 Islands Cruet

Thomas N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I think the software works great. I have one thing that would make it even better. It has to do with your discount part. You can't discount different items separately without going into each item being sold.
Example: I sell 3 size bottles of oil and vinegars. I run a special buy five and get one free on the smaller size is 60 ml. If that's all they buy it works great. The problem is running another discounts at the same time for other size bottles. (200 ml & 375 ml)
If I am running the above special (1 free bottle would be $6.95 discount) and I also am discounting all larger size oils and vinegars say 10%. The software will do the $6.95 plus the 10% all items. So the discount on the 60 ml bottle works out to be $6.95 + 10% not just the $6.95. Being able to do separate discounts for variations of each item would make it a lot better instead of having to go into each item and discount them individually when trying to keep different discounts separate. I know being a small business with a suggestion that this might not be practical cost wise. But making the modifications would also make it more attractive to any business. I would like to hear back from you if possible. I have spoken with numerous small business owners about your software and why it works so well. Keep up the great job! oh I love being able to run the reports anytime to see how sales are and what we need to do to improve them. Sincerely Tom

Pros: Ease of use, reports, layout of pages, customer service.

Cons: limited discount ability.

by talech on 16/11/2016

Thomas, thank you so much for writing a review and providing such detailed feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding discounting with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love to hear from you and really value your feedback. Thank you for being a customer!

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

John H.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance. I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State, some 1600 miles away. And the ease of use of Talech, the customizability, and the adaptability of the team running the program from the Talech side are splendid. The only real issues we've had tend to be more related to the specific processor used (we use Elavon), or the local internet connectability. The reporting available in the system is very powerful, and new little tweaks are coming out on a constant basis to improve the utility of the system for the needs of the small business owner. Talech support is also available 24/7 on the phone, which is very helpful for businesses like mine that are open late into the evening. If you have any questions, please let me know - I have now ample experience with the system and would be happy to discuss its qualities.

Pros: Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

Cons: Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

by talech on 15/11/2016

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

Great product overall

Jeannette O.
President / Owner
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Pleasant and professional staff, which is what won us over when we first decided on the program. Love that everything is cloud-based and also can be accessed from anywhere. Menus are easy to create and modify. Great overall functionality but a few improvements could be made - offering partial refunds, for example. Also, would appreciate more prompt and regular auto-batching (we have ours set up but numerous times, it stopped working and we found out the hard way when payments weren't deposited for days; also, despite the confirmation that the setting is correct, we still have to manually auto-batch daily but we're glad to do so to ensure payment). Also, not completely sure if they are exclusive to a certain merchant service provider but at the time, in order for us to use the program, we had to go forward with that one merchant service and also had to purchase all the equipment (printer, iPad stand, etc.) we did not have a need for. In addition, being tied to that merchant also meant being tied to those fees at the rates they wanted. As far as the program itself, we find that it meets our needs, is user-friendly, offers the analytics tools we like, and is offered at a reasonable rate, especially compared to some of its competitors. We do recommend it to others. Good luck!

Pros: Please refer to review.

Cons: Please refer to review.

by talech on 16/11/2016

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a detailed review! I've shared your feedback regarding the partial refunds, auto-batching, and hardware with the product team. Please continue to share with us - we love to hear from you!

Cheapseats need to approve

Norma R.
Owner/Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you need a back up system ....Sat Oct 30 your system was down for like 3 hours ouch that hurts my restaurant :( get generator or something. I got to say your employees are GREAT!!! I BOW TO THEM they are nice, courteous on top of everything. So, so understanding I got to admit I have called maybe twice and I was a poop :( but your employees handle it well your are lucky to have such an awesome crew keep it up. I worked in customer escalation dept so I know how it is your bless I love you folks .... thank you for asking for my feedback I appreciate. Have a great day.

Pros: The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

Cons: It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

by talech on 09/11/2016

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

The 3 Weird Sisters

Beth K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work, driving or at home with my children at that point. It takes far too long to get simple issues resolved with this company . customer service has improved since I first started with them by way of polite people getting questions answered seems to take three times as long now. and when I do get a wrap to walk me through and show me what I need to do it often doesn't work like it should even after they've checked all the settings and they have to go back to the design and again no resolution on my end

Pros: The cloud storage

Cons: Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

by talech on 15/11/2016

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

Talech Pros and Cons

Kari C.
Customer Support

Comments: Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process. I have been able to help another pizzeria more streamline there system do it works better for their needs. Both Talech support and boomtown are great, they are always trying to help and most times they can this was just a new area for them. I have never had anything but an exceptional experience from either customer support. I do love the fact that Talech does listen to customer feedback and is continually improving their product.

Pros: It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales
The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen
It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Cons: it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant.
No delivery option
Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

by talech on 09/11/2016

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!

Love talech as a possible option.

Barney D.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am. Our pos system wouldn't allow us to run credit cards. I called talech customer support and got absolutely no answer. I actually was on hold twice for 20 min.
Finally I had to ask our customers to pull money from the atm.....reimburse them the fee from the atm, and let them pay in cash.
Also, if our Internet goes down we have no way to pull up tabs. It would be nice if there was some feature that holds the tabs in the pos system for that nights business just in case something happens.
I don't want to spend money on anether source of Internet because there was a hicup in the Internet providers service.
If it would store tabs for a couple days until they are settled and submitted it would be awesome.
I will say that normally the support is on point and fast. But when we needed it the most it wasn't there at all. A message on the support line saying you guys were having issues and would be repaired soon would have been nice.

Pros: Relatively easy to use.

Cons: Could be more flexible and customer support status messages would be nice when something goes wrong on your end.

by talech on 09/11/2016

Barney, thank you for being a customer and for the review. We apologize about the recent outage on the processor side and the inconvenience it caused you, your employees, and your customers. I've shared your feedback with the product team and we will continue to work on offline mode improvements. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate it!

Better than the Big Boys

Eric T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I own a coffee shop / cafe in New Mexico. Before this I have worked in all positions imaginable in many different types of restaurants. I have used most of the Big Name POS systems out there. As a manager I had to program them, change prices, add buttons and all that. Usually you have to do these things in the middle of a big rush on top of ten other things. I'll tell you what, Talech is by far the easiest I have ever encountered. I can add a button, scratch that, I can have an employee add a button with a few instructions over the phone! Also, by using ipads as terminals, my costs stay way low. a refurbished ipad is like $200. Compared to the other guys' pricey terminals, they are practically disposable. I bought a backup just in case! I love Talech and will tell it to anyone willing to listen. In this business, it is nice to find something that works!

Pros: Low initial cost. Intuitive setup. Rapid adjustability

Cons: Not compatible with Android OS

by talech on 09/11/2016

We're so happy to hear that you are happy customer after 2+ years, Eric! Thank you for being a loyal talech customer and for writing a review. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

Talech for a full service restaurant and bar

Bruce H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is easy to set up your menu and make changes. It is fairly easy for my employees, mostly highschool students, to learn. The system tends to slow down during busy times. It takes too long to switch from one screen to another. It also takes a long time to sync when you first log in. The security is not very good. It is too easy for one employee to log in with someone else's id, making the security feature essentially worthless.
Each employee should have a card to swype in order to log in. That would be a huge improvement.
The reports are nice and easy to read. All in all a pretty good system but it needs more built in security.

Pros: easy to learn and to set up

Cons: The security features are weak. Too easy for another employee to log in with another persons id. The system tends to bog down when it gets busy. It takes too long to synch when you log in.

by talech on 10/11/2016

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I have shared your comments about security and system lag with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Talech POS

Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Bernie H.
Senior PACS Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Talech works great for us at our retail store. We have many SKUs and building the product list was very taunting but I imagine that it would have been on most software platforms with the large number of products we carry. Once it is up and running it performs very well and provides some reporting, there could be more, but whats here is useful. Tier 1 tech support has not been very useful with a lot of my issues but once you get to Tier 2 its much better. Overall this is a great software with a nice interface. If you need a POS definitely give Talech a look.

Pros: The interface on this software is very nice at the register. While it seems to be designed for restaurants it can be easily transitioned into retail very easily. It is easy to navigate and has a great flow that can be taught very easily to new employees.

Cons: Can be buggy at times on the web interface. Since you are relying on web browsers there are many factors that can cause the software to act strangely at times. Also I wish there was better integration with QuickBooks.

El Gordo Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Marco C.
Restaurants
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After searching for weeks for a pos system for our restaurant, we came across a new app and system, Talech. We were getting quotes from 15k-20k for traditional pos system. When a US Bank representative told us it would cost less than 5k, we were intrigued. We sat down, she gave us an overview of the app and its components. Right away we were hooked. With the ease of us, easy installation, and price, we would be foolish to go with any other pos company. We got bluetooth printers, wiring and set up was a breeze. And this is coming from a person who in not good with technology and i was able to install it all. If you can read you can set up the whole system. Weve been working with talech for 3 years now and it continues to make changes to the app that makes it more efficient to provide a good customer experience. We are glad to continue working with Talech.

Pros: Cost

Cons: 2 outages, one from the app and one from evalon credit card processor.

by talech on 11/11/2016

Marco, thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are happy about choosing talech even after 3+ years. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. We're here to help!

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Richard T.
Owner, managing partner
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Pros: Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Cons: Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

by talech on 15/11/2016

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

New Interface is Awesome

Chrsitopher C.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience. the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner. Keep up the good work.

Pros: Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

Cons: The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

by talech on 10/11/2016

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Gets better every month

Jeff F.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive. I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Pros: Continually getting better

Cons: Multi store use and options

by talech on 09/11/2016

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Talech User

Christina S.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

Pros: It is pretty much user friendly

Cons: More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

by talech on 10/11/2016

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Mixed Satisfaction

Katie C.
Owner/manager
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

Pros: I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Cons: It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

by talech on 07/12/2016

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Great system, horrendous customer service!

Reviewed on 25/08/2018
Kerri S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Pros: We purchased a complete Talech POS system for one of our 2 locations, so that we could get set up before launching the 2nd store.
I did a lot of research and we ultimately settled on Talech because we wanted to keep our credit card processor, and the rep recommended Talech.
Service before the sale was stellar.
The system arrived and we couldn’t set up, the printer didn’t ship. A half dozen people were pointing fingers at one another via email and copying me “the customer” in on it, highly unprofessional and unproductive. At one point in time they demanded that I got the printer but must have thrown it away with the packaging. It wasn’t even on the packing list!
Long story short, the printer was on backorder. Wow.
However, that didn’t stop Talech from charging us for our 1st month even though we couldn’t set up.
We were very reluctant to get the 2nd system but we already had time and training invested in our employees. Otherwise, a big fat juicy “NAY NAY STAY AWAY.”
Also, the only weekend support available is for tech support. No customer service or sales support on the weekends.
Uhmmmm.... the users of your equipment are restaurants and retailers. Kind of absurd. Especially since they boast about 24/7 support. Well, sorta....

Cons: Love the software. Perfect for our business. Easy to set up and use.

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Ginny S.
Founder, Head-Honcho Cashier & Litter Mediator
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pros: Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Cons: The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

by talech on 09/11/2016

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

Pizzeria with talech

Jose R.
Pizzeria owner
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer support is fast and friendly. It is not 100% a pizzeria pos but it gets the job done. I have had it for over 2years and its one of the easiest pos systems i have ever worked with. Thank talech

Pros: Easy to use and very easy to learn. Its a monthly thing so no contracts! I had it for over 2 years now and im happy!

Cons: I wish it had a feature for pizza delivery. So far just dine in and to-go

by talech on 09/11/2016

Jose, thanks for being a customer and writing a review. We thank you for being a long-time customer of talech. I have shared your feedback with the product team. We'd love if you could provide additional details about what you'd like to see for your pizzeria. We love hearing from you and are here to help!

Something Borrowed Review

Deborah M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Like the software a lot because it's simple. Some things I'd like to see different is to have the refund button not so easy to hit it accidentally. Then for the online side it would be great to have more subtotaling of receipts by day in order to eliminate the hassle of downloading a report to reconcile with the bank deposits. It also seems to be geared toward restaurants. We are in the rental and floral business. Adding a module for these would be worth an up-charge if it's not too much.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: lack of reporting See other comment.

by talech on 16/11/2016

Thanks for writing a review and being a customer, Deborah! We're so glad that overall you are pleased with the software. Thanks for sharing product feedback. I've passed this along to our product team. Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see for your business. It's great to hear from you.

Very good program

Roger D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Works well and new features are added frequently. The interface with the credit card reader is sometimes an issue, and I am not sure if that is a ipad issue, the reader issue or and issue with Talech. Periodically the program will not connect to the card reader or gets stuck in a loop. Having to back out of the charge and sometimes the program itself and restart it. That usually clears up the issue. It would be great if this bug could be addressed as when you are busy it adds stress to the day. Customer service has always been very helpful.

Pros: Ease of programming and ease of use

Cons: No gift card availabilty and the previously mentioned credit card issue.

by talech on 09/11/2016

Roger, thanks so much for the review and feedback. I have passed along your recent challenges with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us. We love hearing from you!

Great cloud based POS at a great price

Josh B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Cons: Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

by talech on 09/11/2016

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Love our Talech POS

Yvette Z.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We were using another system in our restaurant that was not very user friendly and the monthly fees were a bit high considering the customer service was terrible. Since switching to Talech about a year ago we couldn't be happier. So easy to try new employees to use this system.

Pros: The fact that adding or deleating menu items is so simple and training new employees to use this POS system is very easy.

Cons: The new updat seems slower. I shut down the iPads over the weekend to see if this helps.

by talech on 09/11/2016

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review. We're glad to hear you're happy you chose talech.

Has the system been running more quickly for you after the restart? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. I went ahead and shared your feedback with the product team. Please continue to share what's working and not. We appreciate the feedback!

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

Mary ann Q.
Co-Owner
Food Production, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then people processing orders at the end of the day. Of course, processors would seem like they made the most money that day. I have tried to get this changed, but was told it couldn't happen in the near future, but it was noted. Then, we experienced some glitches in the discount button. last week, we tried to apply a 10% discount, and it would register as giving a discount in the $1000's. This was really frustrating and I haven't had a chance yet to call tech support. Shortly there after on a busy Thursday, we were unable to process credit cards because that option was down in the system. Luckily, we had an analog credit card machine that we were able to use. I tried calling tech support for 4 hours, and couldn't get through. We had to wait to process orders until the next day when the system was up and running again. Another thing we have issues with is finding tickets to reference an open order. Apparently, it purges from the system after 3 months and we have to call tech support to retrieve it. There are a few other issues that I have that I am unable to articulate right now, but that is the bulk of my frustration with the program. Please take these responses into consideration. Having my concerns addressed and fixed would be amazing as I love this program and I want it to succeed so that my business can succeed as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please contact me to discuss further.

Pros: That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

Cons: It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go.
Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

by talech on 16/11/2016

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.