About Slides

Cloud-based presentation management solution that helps businesses of all sizes create, present & share slide decks with custom editor.

Learn more about Slides

Pros:

It's very easy to use and organize everything so that I can present to my clients in an uncomplicated fashion.

Slides ratings

4.6
4.3
4.2
4.5

8.5/10

Slides has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 31 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Slides before?

Christina H.
Christina H.
English Teacher in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Useful presentation tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: I really like to use this program more so than any desktop option that I've seen. It's portable and easily editable.

Pros:

The best part of this software is that it automatically saves your changes and is accessible from any computer with internet access. This is useful for when I have to switch classrooms to present lessons. I don't have to carry a flash drive or email myself a presentation. I can also edit the presentation easily WHILE I'm actually presenting it! You can easily add in images and videos. You can change fonts, text boxes and other creative elements as well. I use slides for every lesson even if I'm just displaying the directions for an assignment.

Cons:

There are not as many pre-created templates as PowerPoint. You have to upload ones you either find for free or purchase in order to use them (which is easy but time consuming). It is also a little bit more difficult to customize your slides, but I imagine this will continue to be developed as the years go by.

IT Consultant in Panama
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

It all about teamwork

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience is that is a great tool for quick, simple presentations for a one time show. For more complex stuff I wouldn't recommended

Pros:

What i like the most, is the fact that several things can be done at the same time, the beautiful and stylish templates help to create fast presentations with a high level of professionalism.

Cons:

The least I like is the fact that depends on internet with high speeds for optimal functionality, and that can't support complex presentations with different templates.

Steve C.
Youth Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Slides - A Great Tool for Pastors!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I have LOVED using Slides. I was looking for an effective alternative to both Keynote (Apple) and PowerPoint (Microsoft), and Slides has proven to be an excellent option! I love how easy it is to access and edit my presentations from both my phone and my computer.

Pros:

I love how easily I can create effective presentations that help me deliver sermons on a twice-weekly basis. I preach every Sunday and Wednesday, and Slides helps me tremendously in this endeavor! Also, I love how I can access and change the presentations through my phone as well as my computer, as the presentations are saved within my Google Drive.

Cons:

I wish there were more template options available. However, the customization features enables me to ultimately create any kind of slide presentation I would like.

Sr. Technical Recruiter in US
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees

Good value for your money

3 4 years ago

Pros:

It's easy to collaborate using this product. It also basically works like PowerPoint so the learning curve on use is not too bad.

Cons:

The product is a little glitchy when trying to edit slides. On the last presentation I made I had to back out of the app several times because it kept freezing. At least it automatically saves all changes!

Julie K.
Teacher in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Five Stars!

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I LOVE Google Slides. The fact that this software is free, yet you can do so much with it is amazing. I love adding backgrounds, word art, fonts, gifs, animations etc. to bring my slides to life. I love that it all saves right in my drive so I can access my slide decks from anywhere. There are also great add ons that help make Google Slides even more amazing.

Cons:

There are many features in Powerpoint that sadly aren't supported in Google Slides. The biggest issue I have with Google Slides is not being able to use the different fonts I have downloaded. I would love to be able to keep my color scheme from slide deck to slide deck without having to recreate it each time. I love the "scribble" outline that PowerPoint has but is not an option in Google Slides.

Human Resources Services Specialist in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

WITH TEMPLATES THAT EVERYONE CAN BE SATISFIED WITH

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I have been looking for a way to enhance my reports and presentations. Everyone is accustomed to the Microsoft Powerpoint, and I am as well, since, I have been using Powerpoint since I can remember. And it is similar to Google Slides. I have heard of Google Slides and its features, I have never considered switching until I have tried it myself. With Google Slides, our team was allowed to discuss our slides and its contents, we can make first-hand corrections while discussing those corrections. It is amazing what technology can do nowadays.

Cons:

Microsoft Powerpoint will always be a classic when it comes to slides and presentations, so it is not difficult to make comparisons between the two since they have many similarities. Powerpoint is indeed more user-friendly. And although it provides great features, when it comes to complicated powerpoints, I must say, I will still use Microsoft Powerpoint.

Muhammad S.
Customer Services Representative in Germany
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

Best for presentations

4 2 years ago

Comments: Good experience

Pros:

Newer version has very beautiful templates and almost everything that is there with the powerpoint. Content sharing is swift.

Cons:

Keeping track of slides made even in the recent past is confusinh at times.

Elvira M.
Elvira M.
Senior Specialist in Azerbaijan
Banking, 201-500 Employees

Creative presentation platform with collaboration ability

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Best advantage and difference of Google Slides is collaboration feature which made teamwork possible. Ability to work together at the same time on the same presentation increased creativity and decreased time consuming in a significant level. My main difficulty was lack of ideas when creating a new presentation and it extends project completion time. Thanks to Google Slides now I don't suffer from the lack of ideas and we complete projects before the deadline. The last feature which I like is chatting and commenting feature which made our work more amusing.

Cons:

Main insufficiency of Google Slides is internet connection requirement. For some features it requires internet connection, but considering benefits of Google slides this is not big problem.

David S.
David S.
Software Developer in US

The best slideshow builder for presentations

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are using Slides for business presentations and for creating sharable learning slides within our own organization.

Pros:

The designs and the slide builder are amazing! It's super easy to create a presentable slideshow without having to put much time into the design. It's also easy to get it to do what I want without a lot of effort.

Cons:

There's not too many integrations. I wish Slides would integrate with our other document sharing tools instead of being a standalone service that we have to go to. It would be a lot more convenient and easier for us to organize if these Slides could be copied to other services.

Erik R.
Erik R.
Owner + Videographer + Drone Pilot in US
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Wish I Knew About This Tool Sooner

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Extremely easy to use. The best part of this software and others like it on Google's platform is the auto save feature, I can't tell you how many times this has saved my butt.

Cons:

Just like any other tool in the Google Drive cache there seems to be a lack of features that you might get if you were to be on any of the Microsoft Office programs.

Daniel enrique R.
Student in Venezuela
Used the Software for: Not provided

Among many options I decided to make my presentation with this software!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It is totally online and I can use it through my google account for free. Its interface is super friendly. Easy to use and intuitive. I love the style of its editor very well structured creating a comfortable environment for the creation of the presentations. I am very impressed with the control of changes that the tool has since this is very useful to review the changes we have made over time to our presentations. It allows to create a link to share the presentation with the audience of our interest.

Cons:

I do not recommend using it with slow Internet connections, since the work is very heavy. The presentations that you elaborate with your free version are not private, since they make them public and locatable through the Internet, is a restriction that we must accept who try this software for free.

Carl alain B.
Project Coordinator in Brazil
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Great!

5 11 months ago

Pros:

I really like to use this software! I'm using this program and honestly, finding it better than the others. I like the interface, I think it has interesting functions to use.

Cons:

Very easy to use! slide is very useful for presentations at the university or at work, I use it a lot and I am very satisfied.

Prevention & Intervention in US
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees

Golden Alternative to Powerpoint

5 3 years ago

Comments: Slides platform gives users 'free-reign' to create slides that are dynamic, great for both developers and designers.

Pros:

Among its many great features, Live Present Mode, is one of its beat. This feature lets you control your presentations with your phone, rather than tapping next on the laptop. **Be sure to adjust the setting of your phone's lock-screen and laptop to 'none.' This way you don't have to constantly stop your presentation to enter in your password.

Cons:

Where many other powerpoint alternatives offer a plethora of templates, Slides gives none.

CEO in US

Hands down, its my favorite presentation app

5 3 years ago

Comments: I use slides for all of my presentations and I love that it allows me to use my cell phone as a clicker.

Pros:

I love the ability to add custom html and css

Cons:

Its not easy to add customer css on the free version of the app.

Ana H.
professor in Venezuela

pleasantly surprised with the quality of the presentations I make with this application.

4 4 years ago

Comments: I was able to create excellent presentations in a quick and free way so that my students could see them online.

Pros:

It is easy to use and has a modern appearance. the grid guide of the editor allows to organize the elements of the slides of simple form. you can easily access the application with the accounts of your social networks like facebook and google. You can use it for free and the paid versions are relatively inexpensive for the functionality they offer. It offers very useful presentation control options like open speaker view, remote control through sms and you can share links to see the live presentation. It allows inviting collaborators to presentations and assigning them editing and comment permits or just comments as a viewer.

Cons:

It has few predesigned templates to choose from within the same application that one can take as a model to follow. Presentations take a little longer to load than with other similar applications. in the free version you can not export the presentations in any format to see them offline, they can only be shared to see them online.

Paweł M.
Online Manager in Poland
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Slides review

4 2 years ago

Comments: I would recommend the program to people who can't or don't like using PowerPoint.

Pros:

What I like the most about the Slides are interactive features such as adding animations. A big advantage is also the option of export the presentation as a pdf and the option of password protection of the project.

Cons:

I noticed that with complex projects Slides slow down.

Raj P.
Management Consultant in New Zealand
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Alternative to MS PowerPoint

4 2 years ago

Comments: Works well, does the basics, interfaces with Google Drive so makes sharing easy.

Pros:

Slides is a cut down version of Microsoft's PowerPoint which allows you to quickly create a presentation. It does the basics well and is relatively easy to use without training.

Cons:

Slides lacks the sophistication of PowerPoint so for more professional, complicated presentations it may fall short of a user's needs. Personally I create highly visual presentations with animations so for me I have found PowerPoint to be more useful.

Data Analyst in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

The best slide deck tool in the market!

5 4 years ago

Comments: I created some awesome slidedeck!

Pros:

It is cloud-based, lots of great out of box templates, love that you can embed videos easily to a slide background

Cons:

Lack of coding option on the free version, there is often some lag when you want to control your deck from your mobile phone.

Kelli D.
Kelli D.
Writer/comedian in US
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees

Found by accident, became a treasured friend

4 3 years ago

Comments: I started using slides.com because it was the only way to do presentations for my events in altspace VR but it quickly became my favorite presentation option. I use it anywhere I know I will have good wifi.

Pros:

By far the biggest benefit of this over other similar software is the robust presenter's view. It has so many more features than anything else, including classic powerpoint. It's also just less complicated looking and easier to use.

Cons:

Very very very limited free capacity, have to add paid to get most of the features. Worth it but still a little sneaky.

Alicia T.
Alicia T.
Outreach Coordinator in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Good for basic presentations

4 2 years ago

Comments: I used this system very briefly when collaborating on a project with others across sites. I would not typically recommend this with the amount of free systems available.

Pros:

I really like that I can click through the presentation via my cell phone. This is a great feature when traveling. I also like that I can share the presentation and others can make edits remotely. This is good for team projects where people are spread throughout different physical sites. It is a basic system but very user friendly.

Cons:

The features are a bit limited. I honestly find that I can do more on Powerpoint than Slides, without paying the monthly cost. The platform is fine, but the cost is a deterrent with so many free systems available. This system also relies on internet access which is not always available at all sites.

Zach S.
Zach S.
Graphic Designer in US

Slides has some neat features and makes web-based presentation easy.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Solid platform with a nice web integration and good sharing features.

Pros:

Slides had some awesome transitions built into the platform and made sharing decks with our sales team very easy.

Cons:

There were some import and compatibility limitations that we're frustrating to our design team.

Customer Success Associate in US

Using this to make slideshows

5 4 years ago

Comments: Making presenations

Pros:

What I like most about slides is that allows me to create presentations with a team and we can all edit

Cons:

What I would improve about slides is to make it easier to find the different tools because sometimes I get stuck

Lukáš S.
Project manager in Czechia
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Somewhat decent Powerpoint alternative

4 9 months ago

Comments: Slides gives you a solution to create a presentation in a browser without having to download a bulky application to your device.

Pros:

Fully capable software for your presentations which are stored, edited and presented via online platform.

Cons:

Some features of PowerPoint are missing in Slides making it harder to use it for every scenario. I have encountered some strange UI glitches while draging and droping certain objects.

Wences D.
Wences D.
Inspector de Seguridad Industrial in Venezuela
1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent for online presentations!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It is a tool that you will find online and everything will be saved in a cloud, so you can save the amount of slides or presentations you want, it has the function of sharing, uploading videos, it is very good.

Cons:

The only drawback is that if you do not have internet or if your internet is of low quality that is to say slow you will not be able to do anything with this tool, simply that would be your biggest counter.

Cassie M.
Artist in US
Design, Self Employed

Helps Me Organize and Present

5 last year

Comments: Overall, my experience with Slides is a positive one.

Pros:

Cons:

It's a lot like other, free programs, so I would like a few extra features to make it feel a little more worth my money. I do like what it has though.