It all about teamwork

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
IT Consultant
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience is that is a great tool for quick, simple presentations for a one time show. For more complex stuff I wouldn't recommended

Pros: What i like the most, is the fact that several things can be done at the same time, the beautiful and stylish templates help to create fast presentations with a high level of professionalism.

Cons: The least I like is the fact that depends on internet with high speeds for optimal functionality, and that can't support complex presentations with different templates.

Useful presentation tool

Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Christina H.
English Teacher
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really like to use this program more so than any desktop option that I've seen. It's portable and easily editable.

Pros: The best part of this software is that it automatically saves your changes and is accessible from any computer with internet access. This is useful for when I have to switch classrooms to present lessons. I don't have to carry a flash drive or email myself a presentation. I can also edit the presentation easily WHILE I'm actually presenting it! You can easily add in images and videos. You can change fonts, text boxes and other creative elements as well. I use slides for every lesson even if I'm just displaying the directions for an assignment.

Cons: There are not as many pre-created templates as PowerPoint. You have to upload ones you either find for free or purchase in order to use them (which is easy but time consuming). It is also a little bit more difficult to customize your slides, but I imagine this will continue to be developed as the years go by.

WITH TEMPLATES THAT EVERYONE CAN BE SATISFIED WITH

Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Human Resources Services Specialist
Hospitality, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have been looking for a way to enhance my reports and presentations. Everyone is accustomed to the Microsoft Powerpoint, and I am as well, since, I have been using Powerpoint since I can remember. And it is similar to Google Slides. I have heard of Google Slides and its features, I have never considered switching until I have tried it myself. With Google Slides, our team was allowed to discuss our slides and its contents, we can make first-hand corrections while discussing those corrections. It is amazing what technology can do nowadays.

Cons: Microsoft Powerpoint will always be a classic when it comes to slides and presentations, so it is not difficult to make comparisons between the two since they have many similarities. Powerpoint is indeed more user-friendly. And although it provides great features, when it comes to complicated powerpoints, I must say, I will still use Microsoft Powerpoint.

Among many options I decided to make my presentation with this software!

Reviewed on 10/06/2018
Daniel enrique R.
Student
Customer Support

Pros: It is totally online and I can use it through my google account for free. Its interface is super friendly. Easy to use and intuitive. I love the style of its editor very well structured creating a comfortable environment
for the creation of the presentations.
I am very impressed with the control of changes that the tool has since this is very useful to review
the changes we have made over time to our presentations.
It allows to create a link to share the presentation with the audience of our interest.

Cons: I do not recommend using it with slow Internet connections, since the work is very heavy. The presentations that you elaborate with your free version are not private, since they make them public
and locatable through the Internet, is a restriction that we must accept who try this software for free.

Golden Alternative to Powerpoint

Reviewed on 26/05/2019
Prevention & Intervention
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Slides platform gives users 'free-reign' to create slides that are dynamic, great for both developers and designers.

Pros: Among its many great features, Live Present Mode, is one of its beat. This feature lets you control your presentations with your phone, rather than tapping next on the laptop. **Be sure to adjust the setting of your phone's lock-screen and laptop to 'none.' This way you don't have to constantly stop your presentation to enter in your password.

Cons: Where many other powerpoint alternatives offer a plethora of templates, Slides gives none.

Hands down, its my favorite presentation app

Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Hasin A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use slides for all of my presentations and I love that it allows me to use my cell phone as a clicker.

Pros: I love the ability to add custom html and css

Cons: Its not easy to add customer css on the free version of the app.

Creative presentation platform with collaboration ability

Reviewed on 24/09/2018
Elvira M.
Senior Specialist
Banking, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Best advantage and difference of Google Slides is collaboration feature which made teamwork possible. Ability to work together at the same time on the same presentation increased creativity and decreased time consuming in a significant level. My main difficulty was lack of ideas when creating a new presentation and it extends project completion time. Thanks to Google Slides now I don't suffer from the lack of ideas and we complete projects before the deadline. The last feature which I like is chatting and commenting feature which made our work more amusing.

Cons: Main insufficiency of Google Slides is internet connection requirement. For some features it requires internet connection, but considering benefits of Google slides this is not big problem.

pleasantly surprised with the quality of the presentations I make with this application.

Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Ana H.
professor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was able to create excellent presentations in a quick and free way so that my students could see them online.

Pros: It is easy to use and has a modern appearance.
the grid guide of the editor allows to organize the elements of the slides of simple form.
you can easily access the application with the accounts of your social networks like facebook and google.
You can use it for free and the paid versions are relatively inexpensive for the functionality they offer.
It offers very useful presentation control options like open speaker view, remote control through sms and you can share links to see the live presentation.
It allows inviting collaborators to presentations and assigning them editing and comment permits or just comments as a viewer.

Cons: It has few predesigned templates to choose from within the same application that one can take as a model to follow.
Presentations take a little longer to load than with other similar applications.
in the free version you can not export the presentations in any format to see them offline, they can only be shared to see them online.

Wish I Knew About This Tool Sooner

Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Erik R.
Owner + Videographer + Drone Pilot
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Extremely easy to use. The best part of this software and others like it on Google's platform is the auto save feature, I can't tell you how many times this has saved my butt.

Cons: Just like any other tool in the Google Drive cache there seems to be a lack of features that you might get if you were to be on any of the Microsoft Office programs.

Alternative to MS PowerPoint

Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Raj P.
Management Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Works well, does the basics, interfaces with Google Drive so makes sharing easy.

Pros: Slides is a cut down version of Microsoft's PowerPoint which allows you to quickly create a presentation. It does the basics well and is relatively easy to use without training.

Cons: Slides lacks the sophistication of PowerPoint so for more professional, complicated presentations it may fall short of a user's needs. Personally I create highly visual presentations with animations so for me I have found PowerPoint to be more useful.

The best slide deck tool in the market!

Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Hasin A.
Data Analyst
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I created some awesome slidedeck!

Pros: It is cloud-based, lots of great out of box templates, love that you can embed videos easily to a slide background

Cons: Lack of coding option on the free version, there is often some lag when you want to control your deck from your mobile phone.

Found by accident, became a treasured friend

Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Kelli D.
Writer/comedian
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I started using slides.com because it was the only way to do presentations for my events in altspace VR but it quickly became my favorite presentation option. I use it anywhere I know I will have good wifi.

Pros: By far the biggest benefit of this over other similar software is the robust presenter's view. It has so many more features than anything else, including classic powerpoint. It's also just less complicated looking and easier to use.

Cons: Very very very limited free capacity, have to add paid to get most of the features. Worth it but still a little sneaky.

Good for basic presentations

Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Alicia T.
Outreach Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used this system very briefly when collaborating on a project with others across sites. I would not typically recommend this with the amount of free systems available.

Pros: I really like that I can click through the presentation via my cell phone. This is a great feature when traveling. I also like that I can share the presentation and others can make edits remotely. This is good for team projects where people are spread throughout different physical sites. It is a basic system but very user friendly.

Cons: The features are a bit limited. I honestly find that I can do more on Powerpoint than Slides, without paying the monthly cost. The platform is fine, but the cost is a deterrent with so many free systems available. This system also relies on internet access which is not always available at all sites.

Slides has some neat features and makes web-based presentation easy.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Zach S.
Graphic Designer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Solid platform with a nice web integration and good sharing features.

Pros: Slides had some awesome transitions built into the platform and made sharing decks with our sales team very easy.

Cons: There were some import and compatibility limitations that we're frustrating to our design team.

Using this to make slideshows

Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Customer Success Associate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Making presenations

Pros: What I like most about slides is that allows me to create presentations with a team and we can all edit

Cons: What I would improve about slides is to make it easier to find the different tools because sometimes I get stuck

Excellent for online presentations!

Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Wences D.
Inspector de Seguridad Industrial
1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is a tool that you will find online and everything will be saved in a cloud, so you can save the amount of slides or presentations you want, it has the function of sharing, uploading videos, it is very good.

Cons: The only drawback is that if you do not have internet or if your internet is of low quality that is to say slow you will not be able to do anything with this tool, simply that would be your biggest counter.

Good value for your money

Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's easy to collaborate using this product. It also basically works like PowerPoint so the learning curve on use is not too bad.

Cons: The product is a little glitchy when trying to edit slides. On the last presentation I made I had to back out of the app several times because it kept freezing. At least it automatically saves all changes!

Tried to replace PowerPoint, but it didn't work

Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Jahana U.
Customer Support

Pros: I love that it's connected to GSuite and easily integrates with Sheets, Docs, and Drive. I can easily import images from Drive.

Cons: I really wanted to stop paying for PowerPoint and use slides exclusively, but Slides just didn't have the functionality. It was missing several features that only PowerPoint offers.

Great for making slides that have nice animations

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Team Manager, Recruiter, developer and Human Resources
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love how I can add nice animations with great pictures to my boring slides.

Pros: I first saw this in a meeting, and I was amazed by the quality of the animations and the beautiful pictures. Since then, I use it for every single project.

Cons: It was hard to learn at first, but after a while it gets easier.

Better than PowerPoint

Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Quality Assurance Analyst II
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Slides is super easy to use and provides a lot of features to make any presentation fun.
It is a great presentation maker.

Cons: I used the free account so my presentations were public, I wish that wouldn't be the case.
But other than that, I do not have anything bad to say about Slides.

slides is very convinient and great to use.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Crew Member
Restaurants
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it simple to use and i am able to make beautiful professional presentations.

Pros: Slides is one of the best presentation makers i have ever used , it really knocks out the competition , is simple to use and you can create spectacular slides that you can easily share with your friends and coworkers. wether its for a presentation or for a certain event , slides is the way to go

Cons: There is some feature that I still haven't really managed correctly, for example, adding videos I cant seem to know, how to add the link, i just don't know how to add a video.

Great Online Tool for making Presentations

Reviewed on 10/02/2018
Laron H.
Student
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Creating lovely presentations.

Pros: Slides is very easy to use and is packed with a lot of features that I like like. It recognizes a lot of different media types, and one can control the presentation using a mobile device.

Cons: It's not really what I don't like, but due to the number of presentation creation tools that exist, persons might be hesitant to switch and start using Slides. I also like that I can make speaker notes, viewable only to the presenter and I can also export the presentation to PDF.

Easy to use online tool for creating presentations.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Medical Scribe
Hospital & Health Care
Customer Support

Pros: All the functionality you could want. Having it online makes it easy to use if you're swapping between multiple devices.

Cons: On a slow internet connection the software really seizes up. If you're often working from public spaces with variable WiFi speeds this might not be the software for you.