• Overall
    4.2/5

About Slides

Cloud-based presentation management solution that helps businesses of all sizes create, present & share slide decks with custom editor.

Learn more about Slides

Christina H.
English Teacher
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"Useful presentation tool "

Comments: I really like to use this program more so than any desktop option that I've seen. It's portable and easily editable.

Pros: The best part of this software is that it automatically saves your changes and is accessible from any computer with internet access. This is useful for when I have to switch classrooms to present lessons. I don't have to carry a flash drive or email myself a presentation. I can also edit the presentation easily WHILE I'm actually presenting it! You can easily add in images and videos. You can change fonts, text boxes and other creative elements as well. I use slides for every lesson even if I'm just displaying the directions for an assignment.

Cons: There are not as many pre-created templates as PowerPoint. You have to upload ones you either find for free or purchase in order to use them (which is easy but time consuming). It is also a little bit more difficult to customize your slides, but I imagine this will continue to be developed as the years go by.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
IT Consultant
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"It all about teamwork"

Comments: My overall experience is that is a great tool for quick, simple presentations for a one time show. For more complex stuff I wouldn't recommended

Pros: What i like the most, is the fact that several things can be done at the same time, the beautiful and stylish templates help to create fast presentations with a high level of professionalism.

Cons: The least I like is the fact that depends on internet with high speeds for optimal functionality, and that can't support complex presentations with different templates.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Muhammad S.
Customer Services Representative
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Best for presentations"

Comments: Good experience

Pros: Newer version has very beautiful templates and almost everything that is there with the powerpoint.
Content sharing is swift.

Cons: Keeping track of slides made even in the recent past is confusinh at times.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Good value for your money"

Pros: It's easy to collaborate using this product. It also basically works like PowerPoint so the learning curve on use is not too bad.

Cons: The product is a little glitchy when trying to edit slides. On the last presentation I made I had to back out of the app several times because it kept freezing. At least it automatically saves all changes!

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Paweł M.
Online Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2020

"Slides review"

Comments: I would recommend the program to people who can't or don't like using PowerPoint.

Pros: What I like the most about the Slides are interactive features such as adding animations. A big advantage is also the option of export the presentation as a pdf and the option of password protection of the project.

Cons: I noticed that with complex projects Slides slow down.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2020
Daniel enrique R.
Student
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2018

"Among many options I decided to make my presentation with this software! "

Pros: It is totally online and I can use it through my google account for free. Its interface is super friendly. Easy to use and intuitive. I love the style of its editor very well structured creating a comfortable environment
for the creation of the presentations.
I am very impressed with the control of changes that the tool has since this is very useful to review
the changes we have made over time to our presentations.
It allows to create a link to share the presentation with the audience of our interest.

Cons: I do not recommend using it with slow Internet connections, since the work is very heavy. The presentations that you elaborate with your free version are not private, since they make them public
and locatable through the Internet, is a restriction that we must accept who try this software for free.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2018
Elvira M.
Senior Specialist
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2018

"Creative presentation platform with collaboration ability"

Pros: Best advantage and difference of Google Slides is collaboration feature which made teamwork possible. Ability to work together at the same time on the same presentation increased creativity and decreased time consuming in a significant level. My main difficulty was lack of ideas when creating a new presentation and it extends project completion time. Thanks to Google Slides now I don't suffer from the lack of ideas and we complete projects before the deadline. The last feature which I like is chatting and commenting feature which made our work more amusing.

Cons: Main insufficiency of Google Slides is internet connection requirement. For some features it requires internet connection, but considering benefits of Google slides this is not big problem.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2018
David S.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"The best slideshow builder for presentations"

Comments: We are using Slides for business presentations and for creating sharable learning slides within our own organization.

Pros: The designs and the slide builder are amazing! It's super easy to create a presentable slideshow without having to put much time into the design. It's also easy to get it to do what I want without a lot of effort.

Cons: There's not too many integrations. I wish Slides would integrate with our other document sharing tools instead of being a standalone service that we have to go to. It would be a lot more convenient and easier for us to organize if these Slides could be copied to other services.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Erik R.
Owner + Videographer + Drone Pilot
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Wish I Knew About This Tool Sooner"

Pros: Extremely easy to use. The best part of this software and others like it on Google's platform is the auto save feature, I can't tell you how many times this has saved my butt.

Cons: Just like any other tool in the Google Drive cache there seems to be a lack of features that you might get if you were to be on any of the Microsoft Office programs.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Raj P.
Management Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Alternative to MS PowerPoint"

Comments: Works well, does the basics, interfaces with Google Drive so makes sharing easy.

Pros: Slides is a cut down version of Microsoft's PowerPoint which allows you to quickly create a presentation. It does the basics well and is relatively easy to use without training.

Cons: Slides lacks the sophistication of PowerPoint so for more professional, complicated presentations it may fall short of a user's needs. Personally I create highly visual presentations with animations so for me I have found PowerPoint to be more useful.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Human Resources Services Specialist
Hospitality, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2018

"WITH TEMPLATES THAT EVERYONE CAN BE SATISFIED WITH"

Pros: I have been looking for a way to enhance my reports and presentations. Everyone is accustomed to the Microsoft Powerpoint, and I am as well, since, I have been using Powerpoint since I can remember. And it is similar to Google Slides. I have heard of Google Slides and its features, I have never considered switching until I have tried it myself. With Google Slides, our team was allowed to discuss our slides and its contents, we can make first-hand corrections while discussing those corrections. It is amazing what technology can do nowadays.

Cons: Microsoft Powerpoint will always be a classic when it comes to slides and presentations, so it is not difficult to make comparisons between the two since they have many similarities. Powerpoint is indeed more user-friendly. And although it provides great features, when it comes to complicated powerpoints, I must say, I will still use Microsoft Powerpoint.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Prevention & Intervention
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2019

"Golden Alternative to Powerpoint"

Comments: Slides platform gives users 'free-reign' to create slides that are dynamic, great for both developers and designers.

Pros: Among its many great features, Live Present Mode, is one of its beat. This feature lets you control your presentations with your phone, rather than tapping next on the laptop. **Be sure to adjust the setting of your phone's lock-screen and laptop to 'none.' This way you don't have to constantly stop your presentation to enter in your password.

Cons: Where many other powerpoint alternatives offer a plethora of templates, Slides gives none.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2019
Hasin A.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Hands down, its my favorite presentation app"

Comments: I use slides for all of my presentations and I love that it allows me to use my cell phone as a clicker.

Pros: I love the ability to add custom html and css

Cons: Its not easy to add customer css on the free version of the app.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Ana H.
professor
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"pleasantly surprised with the quality of the presentations I make with this application."

Comments: I was able to create excellent presentations in a quick and free way so that my students could see them online.

Pros: It is easy to use and has a modern appearance.
the grid guide of the editor allows to organize the elements of the slides of simple form.
you can easily access the application with the accounts of your social networks like facebook and google.
You can use it for free and the paid versions are relatively inexpensive for the functionality they offer.
It offers very useful presentation control options like open speaker view, remote control through sms and you can share links to see the live presentation.
It allows inviting collaborators to presentations and assigning them editing and comment permits or just comments as a viewer.

Cons: It has few predesigned templates to choose from within the same application that one can take as a model to follow.
Presentations take a little longer to load than with other similar applications.
in the free version you can not export the presentations in any format to see them offline, they can only be shared to see them online.

Hasin A.
Data Analyst
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"The best slide deck tool in the market!"

Comments: I created some awesome slidedeck!

Pros: It is cloud-based, lots of great out of box templates, love that you can embed videos easily to a slide background

Cons: Lack of coding option on the free version, there is often some lag when you want to control your deck from your mobile phone.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Kelli D.
Writer/comedian
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"Found by accident, became a treasured friend"

Comments: I started using slides.com because it was the only way to do presentations for my events in altspace VR but it quickly became my favorite presentation option. I use it anywhere I know I will have good wifi.

Pros: By far the biggest benefit of this over other similar software is the robust presenter's view. It has so many more features than anything else, including classic powerpoint. It's also just less complicated looking and easier to use.

Cons: Very very very limited free capacity, have to add paid to get most of the features. Worth it but still a little sneaky.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Alicia T.
Outreach Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"Good for basic presentations"

Comments: I used this system very briefly when collaborating on a project with others across sites. I would not typically recommend this with the amount of free systems available.

Pros: I really like that I can click through the presentation via my cell phone. This is a great feature when traveling. I also like that I can share the presentation and others can make edits remotely. This is good for team projects where people are spread throughout different physical sites. It is a basic system but very user friendly.

Cons: The features are a bit limited. I honestly find that I can do more on Powerpoint than Slides, without paying the monthly cost. The platform is fine, but the cost is a deterrent with so many free systems available. This system also relies on internet access which is not always available at all sites.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Zach S.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Slides has some neat features and makes web-based presentation easy. "

Comments: Solid platform with a nice web integration and good sharing features.

Pros: Slides had some awesome transitions built into the platform and made sharing decks with our sales team very easy.

Cons: There were some import and compatibility limitations that we're frustrating to our design team.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Customer Success Associate
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Using this to make slideshows"

Comments: Making presenations

Pros: What I like most about slides is that allows me to create presentations with a team and we can all edit

Cons: What I would improve about slides is to make it easier to find the different tools because sometimes I get stuck

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Wences D.
Inspector de Seguridad Industrial
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2018

"Excellent for online presentations!"

Pros: It is a tool that you will find online and everything will be saved in a cloud, so you can save the amount of slides or presentations you want, it has the function of sharing, uploading videos, it is very good.

Cons: The only drawback is that if you do not have internet or if your internet is of low quality that is to say slow you will not be able to do anything with this tool, simply that would be your biggest counter.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Jahana U.
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"Tried to replace PowerPoint, but it didn't work"

Pros: I love that it's connected to GSuite and easily integrates with Sheets, Docs, and Drive. I can easily import images from Drive.

Cons: I really wanted to stop paying for PowerPoint and use slides exclusively, but Slides just didn't have the functionality. It was missing several features that only PowerPoint offers.

Team Manager, Recruiter, developer and Human Resources
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Great for making slides that have nice animations"

Comments: I love how I can add nice animations with great pictures to my boring slides.

Pros: I first saw this in a meeting, and I was amazed by the quality of the animations and the beautiful pictures. Since then, I use it for every single project.

Cons: It was hard to learn at first, but after a while it gets easier.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Quality Assurance Analyst II
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2018

"Better than PowerPoint"

Pros: Slides is super easy to use and provides a lot of features to make any presentation fun.
It is a great presentation maker.

Cons: I used the free account so my presentations were public, I wish that wouldn't be the case.
But other than that, I do not have anything bad to say about Slides.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Crew Member
Restaurants
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"slides is very convinient and great to use."

Comments: it simple to use and i am able to make beautiful professional presentations.

Pros: Slides is one of the best presentation makers i have ever used , it really knocks out the competition , is simple to use and you can create spectacular slides that you can easily share with your friends and coworkers. wether its for a presentation or for a certain event , slides is the way to go

Cons: There is some feature that I still haven't really managed correctly, for example, adding videos I cant seem to know, how to add the link, i just don't know how to add a video.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Laron H.
Student
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2018

"Great Online Tool for making Presentations"

Comments: Creating lovely presentations.

Pros: Slides is very easy to use and is packed with a lot of features that I like like. It recognizes a lot of different media types, and one can control the presentation using a mobile device.

Cons: It's not really what I don't like, but due to the number of presentation creation tools that exist, persons might be hesitant to switch and start using Slides. I also like that I can make speaker notes, viewable only to the presenter and I can also export the presentation to PDF.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2018