• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.8 /5

About CRIO ONLINE

Easy to use online horse & barn management system to automate horse breeding, sales, invoicing, boarding, health and much more.

Learn more about CRIO ONLINE

Lindsay L.
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Ton of features A+ Support"

Comments: I've been on the hunt for a barn management app that was geared towards breeding farm. THIS IS IT! Tons of customization, record keeping, reference horses, detailed Info for stallions and mares. They've been expending with things like boarding, invoicing, training, competitions and more. REALLY fast friendly support if something hiccups too. I can't say enough good about this software. Looking forward to a mobile app in the future to make it even better!

Pros: Aimed for breeding barns and sales. Still learning all the features and this software has met almost every want.

Cons: Waiting for a mobile app. The feed section is complicated. Was hoping for something where I could print a stall card for each horse that had their feed, meds, turnout, information on it.

by CRIO Equine Software on 08/11/2019

Thanks Lindsay!
About the STALL CARD, we already have that feature. We will contact you to help you set it up. It includes Diet you can print a QR to display information on your phone.
The iOS App is in development.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Alex M.

"Review"

Comments: I’ve been overall happy with it. Customer service is excellent.

Pros: Easy to use, good price. I like the barn set up, horse tab, and the expenses tab.

Cons: Although it’s easy to use. Configuration is difficult. Many of the tabs are useless to us. Few instructions. I’m still finding features I didn’t know it had. Boarding tab is useless for us, even that’s our main part of what we do. Invoicing is ok but need a way to delete them.

Jonathan G.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2019

"5 stars for Crio Online"

Comments: Inventory has been a lot easier with Crio as well as recording and remembering key important dates in one central location.

Pros: Almost everything, I like being able to track health and vaccine records, diets, training records is a big one too! I like the breeding portion of it to manage broodmares. It is very helpful if, like us, you have broodmares, training horses and horses competing to track each horse to its individual needs. Very easy to use at an affordable price!

Cons: Only snag I really don't like is the boarding feature is difficult to customize. Once a horse is boarded for a couple months and then canceled that horse cannot be reinstated into boarding later if he returns and he cannot be reactivated.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2019
Arlene O.

"Equine mgmt software"

Comments: Help to track all of my horses. Their medical and breeding needs as well as maintenance

Pros: Ease of use. Ability to manage all aspects of my herd

Cons: Hard to edit from my phone and some of the time the edit screen moves around

by CRIO Equine Software on 13/12/2019

Thanks for your words, Arlene!

I can tell you that we are releasing an iPhone/Android App in the first quarter of the coming year... and you will be able to view and enter information even when you don't have access to the internet. Thanks again!

Camilo A.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2016

"Great horses software :)"

Comments: We use CRIO ONLINE to track all of our horses' info, their health and farrier records, breeding, training and expenses. It has lots of ways to customize and it is very comprehensive. Our vet has access and she loves it! No need to send me reports about what she does, I can access the information from my iPad anytime I need it.

Pros: Week after week you enter and you see some new options or improvements. The last one I found is that you can create QR codes and images to share in instagram or facebook.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2016
Ana G.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Every horse owner should have it"

Comments: Sometimes keeping track of all health charts of too many horses is difficult, I share it with my vet and never missed a treatment again!

Pros: You can keep track of every horse born and the inbreeding percentage.
As an Iberoamerican horse breeder this helps a lot to breed mares with new studs.
Also, I keep track of all the health/pregnancy aspects. Simply love it!

Cons: I have no complains, used it on mobile with ease as well as for desktop

by CRIO Equine Software on 13/12/2019

Thanks for the time to review our software, Ana!
If you are using it on the cellphone now... imagine when we release the iPhone/Android App! It is scheduled for Feb/March 2020.

Rafael M.
Food Production, 201-500 Employees

"Hello"

Comments: Amazing

Pros: The product is amazing. I just asked a lot of Times for some way thats more easy to see ALL of the weights and heights in the same report.

Cons: Nothing. Every thing is OK! Thank you anyway

Jennifer W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2019

"Great program!"

Comments: This is a very detailed program. Its helped me get all horses of all breeds and disciplines in one place. I love the reporting features. I print a report for my customers when a horse finishes the training cycle. It looks great! I haven't tried the invoicing yet because I use QuickBooks. But may start next year. Their customer service is exceptional

Pros: Customer service
Detailed or summarized
Professional look
Easy to navigate
Easy to install

Cons: You have to manually click for vaccine reminders- but this is easy to work with because I print out a monthly report show7ng sho is due

by CRIO Equine Software on 05/06/2019

Thanks for your words Jennifer!

• Reviewed on 01/06/2019
Erica H.
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"LOVE this product"

Comments: HIGHLY recommend giving this system a try

Pros: I love how easy this is to use. I find something new I can do with this program every time I log in. I have yet to find something it CAN'T do.

Cons: it can be slow somtimes and lag behind

• Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Ramon B.
Attorney
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"My opinion"

Comments: Breeding Paso Fino Horses

Pros: The fact, that it captures all necesities.

Cons: It doesnt have an APP available, to use it.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Paula C.
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2017

"Exactly what I was looking for"

Comments: This is the perfect program for my private veterinary practice. It is easy to use and a great costumer support.
I would definetely recomend it!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2017
Ranching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2019

"Great Handy Program for Horse data tracking"

Comments: Easy to maintian and search for all horse data, including photos, medical, shoeing, it's a great tool

Pros: Cloud based, easy to use, having all my data easy to access from phone, tablet or computer anytime is the best tool

Cons: cannot export to excel, otherwise all features are very good

by CRIO Equine Software on 25/06/2020

Thanks for taking the time to write the review!! BTW, every report can be exported to Excel, CSV or PDF... let us know what you need to be exported to excel and we will include it!

• Reviewed on 26/12/2019
Eden K.
Stud Manager
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"CRIO for Equine Management"

Comments: CRIO helps us store important information on each of our horses, aswell as other farming notes. It is easy and reliable to use.

Pros: Organises the data well, the layout/design is easy to read, can use easily on mobile phone

Cons: A little bit slow to load. Also a 'back' or 'return' button would be helpful to get back to the previous page. Finding it takes awhile to get back to pages. Maybe can have more drop down tabs from the top menus? Would be quicker to access information

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Jodie G.
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2017

"Not enough stars available"

Comments: I have used a lot of equine management software over the years in an effort to manage our many horses and the multiple things that we do with them. Crioonline is absolutely second to none. But more than just the general idea and functionality, the support and continual development of the product is outstanding. The team at crioonline actively take an interest in your business and what you are trying to achieve with the software. Whether it is to manage one horse or two hundred crioonline is outstanding.

Pros: It is the complete package for managing my horses.

Cons: I cannot wait for them to release an iPad/iPhone app

by CRIO Equine Software on 25/02/2017

Thanks Jodie!
What a great review!
We are starting with an APP for Android and iPhone/iPad... soon you will have news ;)

• Reviewed on 30/01/2017
Grant J.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Great for horse breeding"

Comments: Very happy with program and being able to track our horses

Pros: Ease of use and what you can record for breeding, health and love the extended pedigrees etc

Cons: Would like an ap version for some things

Thanks Grant!
I'm happy to inform you that the iPhone/Android App will be shipped in a couple of months!

Oscar M.
Ing
Farming, 11-50 Employees

"Easy t use"

Pros: What i ike most about this software is its easy of use, the fact that ican easily access the animal's history and relate it to its ancestry and offspring and share it neatly.

Cons: I still cant't say that there is something i dislike

Kim S.
Assistant Business Manager
Ranching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Great Software"

Pros: This software is really user friendly, and love everything we are able to keep track of in one spot.

Cons: Nothing, they have added everything we were looking for!

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Niki P.
Administrator
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Great horse records software"

Comments: We use this software to keep records for over 100 horses on a breeding and competition farm, horses range from mares, stallions, foals, young horses, through to our competition team. We find the software intuitive and comprehensive, and importantly, cost effective. We can track all the things we are interested in and the dashboard is a great quick visual. Right now we are using it to record basic horse info such as name, pedigree, DOB, colour, sex, location, owner, etc, we also record breeding info, health records, competition results, horse movements, contacts, various information in the notes section, reporting, and for keeping track of horses for sale and their sold status. There is so much more we can do with CRIO (invoicing and tracking costs for horses for example) and are working towards using more features. Of course there are things we would change and enhance, nothing comes out of the box and fits everyones needs, but the support has been really great and some changes have already been made to better suit our needs. Like any records system, this software is only is good as the information entered, we think its worth the effort.

Pros: Its intuitive, it was very easy to add horses and start using it effectively, it allows us to record all of the information that we are interested in for our horses. The visuals are great and easy for all stakeholders to see the information they want, love the Dashboard. Dynamic Groups are great for automatically putting horses in meaningful groups and displaying them on the dashboard In terms of horse information, there really isn't anything missing and most of the various sections can be customised to fit our requirements. Being able to add notes and pull those notes up easily via a report is also a great feature. We also love the fact that that the system will automatically show us things like siblings and offspring and we can download all information onto spreadsheets or run reports.

Cons: Nothing much and in our experience, there are ongoing enhancements. The main one would be that it needs an App, the system is responsive but difficult to use from a small screen such as a mobile phone. My understanding is that an App is being developed.
Would also like to see enhancements to reporting and more ability to customise reports.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Dorota R.
facilitator
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Helpful software for the management of equine business"

Pros: The software offers numerous options for storing information about horses. Each horse's profile can be completed with details on its origins, physical characteristics, training and competitions, travel, dietary needs, breeding, pedigree and inbreeding percentage, shoeing, and others. The information is easy to input and update, and there are automatization features which make data entry very efficient. The program is user-friendly, in that it is thoughtfully designed, intuitive and very easy to learn to use. It is also pleasant to view.

Cons: There are some small technical elements that could be improved. For instance, once I view a theoretical pedigree, and then want to go to look at another hypothetical pedigree (cross with another mare, for example), then I cannot just go one step back, but have to start the process of making the hypothetical pedigree from absolute start. The program does not make it easy to switch between horses when looking at the horse's profile. It requires going to the main menu. Also, if duplicates of a reference horse were entered, the program does not allow for easy deletion of the extra horse profile, and replacement with the correct one. Other details, such as automatically placing the cursor in a window to type or autocomplete, would make data entry much more easy. The price is on a high side for anyone who is not a professional breeder.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Business Analyst
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"The software is closed all our workflow gaps and improved overall farm/horse maintenance."

Comments: We are able to keep electronic health records of all our horses, keep track of our inventory, upload/share videos/pictures, and track all daily activities by our Farm Maintenance staff.

Pros: CRIO is the only software that met all of our needs and is open to our suggestions/requests for future developments.The ability to work one on one with team to create/modify workflows and system functionality is excellent, we could not accomplish everything we have without the team.Turn around time for modifications/system questions are always realistic. The system is extremely user friendly both administrative and front-end.

Cons: I have no cons regarding CRIO, everything we've added to our "wish list" was completed and is now in Production with little to no issues.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2018
Bronwyn V.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Functional software for the discerning breeder"

Comments: A well balanced software suite obviously designed by people that understand horses and that suits both small and large breeders with functionality and ease of use at the forefront of the users experience.

Pros: As a breeder of quality Warmblood sport horses it is important to us to keep accurate pedigrees and bloodlines of our horses and this software allows us to do so and modify it considerably to our specific needs and requirements.

Cons: There are a few little quirks but nothing at all major and these I am sure will be ironed out in future updates as most already have over the years we have been using this.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Dee H.
Mounted Police
Law Enforcement, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"Great for tracking expenses"

Comments: I enter my expenses quarterly and then come tax time I just print it off and take to my accountant. It has made it really easy to track my expenses.

Pros: I use this software to track horse expenses for tax purposes. I like the ease of finding expenses for a certain period or category.

Cons: I only use the expenses section so I feel like I’m paying for a lot of product I don’t need.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Linda R.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"I have been looking for a very long time for a robust, comprehensive application and this is it!"

Comments: Manages all the information I need to track for 20+ horses, very useful, should not miss major tasks in the future!

Pros: Very functional, can be used for breeding, training, performance, and expense management. Provides reminders for routine tasks such as de-worming, vaccinations, calculates due dates for brood mares, can add expense information to track expenditures as well.

Cons: Occasionally run in to non-English descriptions and areas. Also, not extremely intuitive, but support is very good.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Jill L.

"Equine software review"

Pros: Customer support was always open to suggestions

Cons: Needs more implementation of accounting features/reporting

Jeff L.

"Crio revoew"

Comments: Tech support was great just missing key features

Pros: Ease of use tech support response was quick

Cons: Missing key functions accounting reports

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for taking the time to review our product!

About the missing accounting reports, just send us a sample report and we will be more than happy to include it in the product. We are incorporating new reports by the requests of our users all the time!