• Overall

About Play Digital Signage

Easily create engaging digital signage content and publish within minutes of signing up.

Learn more about Play Digital Signage

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Play Digital Signage before?

Aaron W.
Aaron W.
IT Support in UK
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Pros:

Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Cons:

Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

George Z.
Director of Customer Success in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

I recommend to everyone

5 last month New

Comments: This platform gives us the ability to quickly create and publish content on the screens in our facility.

Pros:

The price is the single largest attractor for us. Being able to have pro-rated billing is clutch since we don't have the screens on all the time. The first screen is free which is the one we keep on all the time with general information. We can then easily scale up to as many screens as we need during events.

Cons:

Social media integration. There is just a bit lacking from the ease of use and layout options.

last month

Hi George, Thanks for the review - We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I'd be happy to get your input on what we should work on for the social plugins. You can e-mail me at [email protected] Regards Lars

Dwayne C.
It in Canada
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees

Dwayne

3 3 years ago

Comments: Awesome tool for beginners

Pros:

Ease of use User friendly Fast reliable

Cons:

Needs more plugins Library needs more tools

3 years ago

Hi Dwayne, Thanks for the great review! If you have 5 minutes I would love to hear more about what plugins and tools for the library you think would benefit the user most - You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Rene M.
Owner in Netherlands
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Especially given the budget there is no better system

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Pleasantly surprised that there is so much possible. The hardware is also flexible and ensures that everything runs smoothly.

Pros:

Flexible, with many possibilities. Good hardware choices

Cons:

rss feed limited, limited roles for users

2 months ago

Hi Rene, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Please e-mail me your feedback regarding the limited RSS feed and roles, perhaps it's something for the roadmap.

Dustin H.
A/V Engineer in US
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

Best Interface Bang for your Buck!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Going from a signage company that controlled our content and required us to submit for changes to Play Signage that we control, design and broadcast, is priceless.

Pros:

The familiarity of the interface to my desktop slideshow software is awesome. So easy to put together the slides I need for my displays quickly and efficiently.

Cons:

I would like to drag and drop images directly to a slide from my desktop as opposed to the image asset upload.

2 months ago

Hi Dustin, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Paul H.
CEO in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Easier and Better than a Dedicated Device

5 last month New

Comments: We use Play in our store to show product-specific information.

Pros:

The software supports most streaming devices as well as PCs. We run it on a PC on-screen and an Amazon Fire on another one. Setting up the presentations is relatively easy using a browser-based editor. It is a breeze to push the new content to all or select screens. I feel that the software will not become obsolete and can evolve as displays get better.

Cons:

Setting up default zones on multiple slides for touch screen use is difficult. There should be a template that you can apply. Getting the best/correct resolution for the screen can be confusing. The editor is pretty easy to use, much like power-point but has its quirks that take some getting used to.

last month

Hi Paul, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Jess W.
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Exactly what you're looking for if you work primarily off-site.

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Working remotely as a Marketing Director this has solved many of our in-office marketing issues. All of our screens are synced, easy to update, and it is so easy to update specials and flash sales.

Pros:

I like that I can update the signs any time of the day. I work remotely and I appreciate that with this software I don't have to coordinate with a team member over the phone to make sure the software is working, or walking them through how to update it. The tech support is by far the best I've ever had. The team responds within minutes with very detailed answers to any of my questions. I even had a representative go above and beyond by researching our TV and the player we wanted to use to see if it would be compatible.

Cons:

It's a bit of a pain to have to buy a player for every single screen we want to use (not all of our screen are smart TV's). However, I understand why it is that way and couldn't think of a better way to do it.

last month

Hi Jess, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Chief People Officer in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Play Signage customer for years!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: No issues whatsoever. We have Play Signage on 6 digital billboards inside our campus.

Pros:

Like an apple product, it just works. Set it and forget it.

Cons:

Setting up a new playlist takes some training if you're not used to it, some steps could be eliminated to make it less confusing

last month

Hi, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Kevin M.
Kevin M.
Owner in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Getting out Play on!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Being able to silently but visually let clients know about upcoming promotions and important product information.

Pros:

I love that I have control of exactly how everything looks, with the content that I provide. It’s nice to be able to see it all come together for our digital displays

Cons:

There was a bit of a learning curve. But plenty of support and helpful tutorials

last month

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Mark E.
Mark E.
Coworking Catalyst & Founder in Canada
Commercial Real Estate, Self Employed

Start small, can scale too.

4 2 months ago New

Comments: I have been able to ensure a consistent look and feel to our external and advertising displays, make updates on the fly and used very simple hardware.

Pros:

Play allows me to easily design and deploy digital signs across our coworking spaces.

Cons:

The software is very feature-rich, which can be slightly overwhelming when you first get started.

last month

Hi Mark, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Oak N.
CFO in US
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use, priced right

5 2 years ago

Pros:

We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting. That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV. I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

Cons:

The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

Anthony C.
Associate Director in US
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

5 2 years ago

Comments: For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

Pros:

It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

Cons:

The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

Emma M.
Emma M.
Associate Director of Development in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Easy to deploy; works as expected

4 5 months ago

Comments: For how inexpensive it is, it's a GREAT product. We looked into Yodeck and ScreenCloud, and we might've gone with them, but we wanted fast and simple and inexpensive deployment. If that's your needs, you can't go wrong with a simple Fire Stick and Play Digital Signage. My boss was very impressed, too!

Pros:

It's so simple to get it set up. I had beautiful digital signage going in about thirty minutes -- and that included the setup of the Amazon Fire Stick, too! I appreciate that it's simple to use but has more bells and whistles still to explore and utilize. I love the ability to schedule a slide for certain time frames. Love that you can do video or images. I believe there's even the ability to add widgets!

Cons:

There's a little oddity when slides transition -- particularly with video slides. But cutting down the display time by half a second takes care of that. It also wasn't totally clear to me how to get the content from my computer to the TV the first time (with asset uploads, playlist creation, deployment, etc.). But once I understood it, it was a piece of cake.

5 months ago

Thanks for the great review - We really appreciate you taking time to do this. If you have a few minutes, I'd love to hear what could have changed the 4 stars to 5 stars? You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Jake T.
Jake T.
Videographer in US
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

A wonderful low-budget option with cheap startup costs!

4 5 months ago

Comments: Our company is now able to provide important updates (departments working this weekend, upcoming events, important announcements, etc.) at the snap of a finger to all of our employees. We have over 4 screens and will continue to add more in the future. Managers and HR can update the screens with their own account from their own computers and our employees LOVE the modern entertainment and announcements we have on our screens. It really was a game changer for our company. The VP said these screens make us look like a fortune 500 company, which is so true!

Pros:

The fact that this can be ran off of a fire stick is a game changer. You don't have to purchase a big, expensive computer and mount it behind a TV. Instead, you purchase a $30 Fire Stick, plug it in and open the app. That's it. I also LOVE how you can manage all of the content from any computer and update the screens automatically. The built in editor is pretty nice too with a lot of interesting plugins and features. Support with this company is incredible. I reported a background music bug and within a month it was fixed and I was emailed an update from the tech team.

Cons:

I wish you could edit playlists on mobile devices or tablets. It would be nice to have better templates to start with. I had to create all of our screens from scratch. The learning curve was very small though.

5 months ago

Hi Jake, thank you for the very generous review. We are working on a solution that will give you the ability to edit the content on a mobile device, but it's a tough one as the editor requires a lot of space.

Meredith A.
VP in US
Sports, Self Employed

Highly Recommend!

5 6 months ago

Pros:

I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television monitor in the locker room that was available to use. I began doing my homework on electronic signboards, learning and researching the various products. That's how I came across Play Signage. After watching the videos and reading the tutorials, I gathered up my courage, created an account, and started to create a slide. And then another slide. And another. And another. The learning curve was so easy and the capabilities were so robust. It was easy, and fun, and most of all, in no time I had created a deck of slides that I was really proud of. I included animations, gifs, plug-ins for the weather, time & date, quotes, and even some YouTube videos. If this retired person in her 60s could do this, anyone can do it. When I hit an occasional roadblock, Lars from Play Signage was on the chat line ready to help. He was generous with his time, and was always available -- weeknights, weekends, and even holidays. The customer support was above and beyond any software or application I have ever used. I highly recommend Play Signage.

Cons:

I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

6 months ago

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

Anthony H.
Support Worker - Homeless Project in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great Product - Shocking Support

5 4 months ago

Comments: Sadly the support does not prop up the high level and quality of the software. Due to a misunderstanding it was believed we had intentionally created duplicate accounts and their support (a single individual on all different occasions) accused us of being fraudulent thieves, and 'did we see how this looked'. After resolving this we found the account to be blocked again a few months later - we had added team users which we were told was okay, but that we had added 5 screens which again, was fraud and because of the unacceptable behaviour on our account (but only two users had ever logged in?) they were not prepared to continue providing us with a free screen. We have moved to a different paid product now as we realise the benefit of a digital display to our residents, and we would recommend Play, but do not use the FREE single screen license unless you are prepared to experience judgemental, accusatory and pretty offensive support that considers you to be fraudulent criminals.

Pros:

The software itself is easy to use, adaptable and widely available on a lot of different platforms which makes it an easy choice for both beginner and advanced users. The online control panel is very easy with a drag-and-drop approach to creating slides and zones, the scheduling feature is great for delivering timed content.

Cons:

There's not much I didn't like about the software - as a charity organisation it was a great free offering that allowed us to showcase important information such as support lines, centre information but the plugin options were somewhat limited in comparison to competitors.

4 months ago

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Our free screen concept has been and is still very unique, but unfortunately, we see a lot of users trying to cheat the system by creating multiple accounts to get more free screens. When our system marks accounts and duplicates we check them manually to make sure no mistakes were made. After our last conversation we did reach out to you with a couple of screenshots and a more in-depth explanation - I hope you received the e-mail.

Björn H.
Managing DIrector in Netherlands
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

The signage solution that has never let us down.

4 2 months ago New

Comments: It was very easy to finally have a tool that shows the content the way I wanted it. The content is displayed with the maximum ease of use and after I deployed it myself, it was really easy to transfer knowledge to the ultimate owner of the system, who is self supporting and never needs any assistance or help.

Pros:

What I like most is the simplicity, the ease of use and the fact that it never let us down. We haven't had a single downtime second in the 2 years that we have used the product. We have deployed Play on an Amazon Fire stick and 2 displays show content the way we want it without a single interruption.

Cons:

I could see a nicer integration with some images banks, external sites, or some other tools, but all of these are less relevant to the real usage we have.

last month

Hi Björn, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Danielle O.
Art Director in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Easily the most robust solution at this price-point.

5 2 years ago

Comments: As a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Pros:

Play offers an incredibly robust product at the absolute best price-point available. Customer support is nothing short of outstanding, and the fact that they integrate seamlessly with an extensive list of devices (FireStick, Android, Chrome, Apple, Raspberry Pi, Windows, etc.) and offer a clean intuitive cloud-based editor loaded with plug-ins and easy scheduling, there isn't another solution that even comes close. Play has completely streamlined the way we push content to the displays in our office. And as a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Cons:

I haven't run into any negatives with the software.

Bruce L.
Manager in US
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Intuitive software with fantastic customer service

5 last year

Comments: I had an initial conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before trying out the software. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and personable, and did not try to "sell me" the product. We discussed it's potential and limitations.
Once I started playing with the software, I had a couple of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was just an email or IM away.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond in helping me out. I am really impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the software and the company.

Pros:

The software is pretty easy to use, I love the drop-in, plug-and-play capabilities. And when things get a little confusing, the customer service is beyond extraordinary, going way and above what you would expect!! I also really liked the image and video options that come standard with the package.

Cons:

I 'm not a fan of the gif's but I'm sure others could find better uses for them than I could. It would also be nice to be able to edit my playlists from my smartphone, but having a tablet that works, helps tremendously.

last month

Hi Bruce, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Antonio B.
Clerk in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ease of use

4 3 years ago

Comments: I create presentations for our health care facility and often I need a lot of flexibilty combined with easy solutions to make quick, entertaining flyers and event promotions that catch the eyes of our residents and their families. Play is making it easy for me to do my thing without having to rack my brain too much on how to do it. Overall, I think they have a great product worth checking out.

Pros:

Play is easy to use and easy to understand. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out other types of digital signage; but Play is very familiar because of its similarity to Powerpoint. So far, I am able to convert most of the powerpoint slides I have to this program and can build on them quite easily. Nice to find something that is easy to use "right out of the box"

Cons:

There are a few features that I loose when converting powerpoint files, but its not all that bad. I have to spend alittle time trying to recreate certain effects; but, some of the extra features like adding a time/date, RSS feeds, and websites make up for what I may have lost.

3 years ago

Hi Antonio, thanks for the great review ! If you have any functionality you think we should add to our road-map, please don't hesitate sending us an e-mail at [email protected]

Jackie S.
Director of Technology in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

Stonewater Church

5 2 months ago New

Comments: We needed the ability to have multiple sites where we could create different groups for management of screens. We also needed the ability for video walls in various formats. Playsignage was great to work with us and help us work through issues along the way.

Pros:

Playsignage is a great product from the ground up. It can be installed on many hardware configurations. The software is versatile and users pick up the management quickly. Pricing is very competitive and support has always been responsive.

Cons:

There is not anything that stands out as something we do not like.

2 months ago

Hi Jackie, Thanks! We appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Antonio B.
MIS Clerk in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Digital signage made easy

5 3 years ago

Comments: I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Cons:

Only that it is limited by my imagination.

Mark A.
President in US
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Great communication tool

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Before we switched to digital signage we had clocks and whiteboards throughout our facility to communicate messages. The clocks were always off. Now everyone is on the same schedule and getting the same message.

Pros:

We use Play digital to communicate information to employees throughout our facility. The main template shows the time, date, weather. We have different templates for breakt times and holidays.

Cons:

When we create a slide for a future date we can't see it in the preview. Wish there was a way to see the preview for a slide with a future date.

last month

Hi Mark, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. I have added a discussion on the next dev meeting to add an "override future slides in the preview" functionality. Regards Lars.

Dan H.
IT Manager in UK
Events Services, 51-200 Employees

Great Product

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Play is simple to use and produces a highly polished final product, the support is amazing I just wish more companies took notice how they support their product. very quick to setup and you can use a multitude of delivery methods to keep initial outlay low, it represents great value.

Cons:

not being able to group playlist assets into project folders

2 years ago

Hi Dan, thanks for an amazing review - Regarding the grouping of Playlist Assets, can you explain what you mean with that? Are you referring to grouping the playlists themselves or assets in the editor?

Scott S.
CTO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Interesting interface and easy to use

4 3 years ago

Comments: While a great alternative to the more basic cloud CMS providers, and less complicated or hardware-dependent than the more expensive ones, there's still some polish needed on the plugins (aesthetically) and a few seemingly basic plugin options missing like news. I'm sure I could brainstorm more ideas for our particular use-case, but I don't know how useful that would be for others... we're a charity just looking to provide something to make our clients' wait time seem shorter. In addition to advertising other local charities, having dynamic content, like "this day in history", "famous quotes" and news makes the screen more engaging and interesting.

Pros:

The ability to create screen content directly along with imported assets is great.

Cons:

Lacking in dynamic content options such as news. While some competitors are lacking in the UI department, some have quite the "plugin" or "addon" selection to make up for it. On that note, the ability to use MRSS is great, but for our use-case, the cost to emulate competitors addon-based dynamic content with a 3rd-party feed service makes it cancel out the "1st screen free" benefit. Plugin suggestion: News from the major networks/outlets and the sub-categories as part of the selection.

3 years ago

HI Scott, Thanks for the review! We do appreciate any feedback we can get - both for usability, plugins and stuff to make our software easier to navigate in. So any feedback you have please send it to me at [email protected] You have rated us 0 stars for Customer Support - Why is this? Have you emailen us, used the online chat or called ?? What happend ??