Play Digital Signage Reviews

by Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Filter by:

• Overall

About Play Digital Signage

Easily create engaging digital signage content and publish within minutes of signing up.

Learn more about Play Digital Signage

Meredith A.
VP
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2021

"Highly Recommend!"

Pros: I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television monitor in the locker room that was available to use. I began doing my homework on electronic signboards, learning and researching the various products. That's how I came across Play Signage. After watching the videos and reading the tutorials, I gathered up my courage, created an account, and started to create a slide. And then another slide. And another. And another. The learning curve was so easy and the capabilities were so robust. It was easy, and fun, and most of all, in no time I had created a deck of slides that I was really proud of. I included animations, gifs, plug-ins for the weather, time & date, quotes, and even some YouTube videos. If this retired person in her 60s could do this, anyone can do it. When I hit an occasional roadblock, Lars from Play Signage was on the chat line ready to help. He was generous with his time, and was always available -- weeknights, weekends, and even holidays. The customer support was above and beyond any software or application I have ever used. I highly recommend Play Signage.

Cons: I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

by Play Digital Signage, Inc. on 06/07/2021

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2021
Antonio B.
MIS Clerk
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2019

"Digital signage made easy"

Comments: I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Cons: Only that it is limited by my imagination.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2019
Robert B.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"Extremely well built software!"

Comments: We use it daily for our adversiting display and information for customers in our lobby.

Pros: Its stable! Runs great and on many platforms. The admin screens are so easy to use, you don't need training. You can figure out almost everything in 10 minutes of playing with it.

Cons: More advanced tools for the screen and plugins. API for connecting to 3rd party hardware or systems for example; emergency fire or shooter alerts and evuacations.

by Play Digital Signage, Inc. on 28/10/2020

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the review :) We do have an API to control the content on the screens in case you're interested in integrating it with external systems: https://api.playsignage.com/docs

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Charles N.
IS Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Simple Use Signage"

Comments: Provides a professional option to disseminate information to guests in our front office without resorting to printed media. Very easy to configure and implement. Runs 24H a day, 7 days a week and is very stable. Only issues when the internet is slow or down, which is not often. For the small business that only needs 1 screen this really works well for us. As it is slide based anyone who knows PowerPoint can design in it and produce something professional.

Pros: Everything! Simple to use. Methodical in approach for rollout. For one screen totally free!

Cons: Nothing. Wouldn't use it if it wasn't fit for purpose :)

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Michael S.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2018

"PlaySignage has been a great replacement of PowerPoint for our entry readerboard!"

Comments: Parents are kept informed of upcoming events

Pros: The software is easy to use, not a lot of extra options to get in the way. I really like having the assets folders so I can update slides from almost any computer.

Cons: I wish there was a way to archive a slide for later use instead of just removing it. I would also like to be able to copy a slide from one playlist to another.

by Play. on 06/02/2018

Hi Michael, thanks for a great review - we really appreciate you feedback!

Regarding the "archive a slide" ... We're working on slide parking at the moment, so you should expect this in the next release.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2018
Richard J.
Chair of Digital at GBGC
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2019

"Great bit of software - didn't expect it to be this good!"

Comments: As a private members club we are trying to communicate better with our members and Play Digital Signage has really helped in getting messages out as members walk past the screen in our foyer. This has generated interest in other activities at the club and also shows we are trying to make our promotions look professional.

Pros: Free software is often disappointing but not Play Digital Signage. The software is really easy to use - I taught the club pro to use in in less than 5 minutes (no exaggeration!). Easy configuration and easy deployment - what more can you ask for?

Cons: The lack of a recycle bin has caught me out a couple of times, would be a nice feature to have,

by Play Digital Signage, Inc. on 11/09/2019

Hi Richard, great idea! I'll add it to our roadmap - Think it's a small job to implement it. And thanks for the great review.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2019
Tommy J.
IT
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Easy"

Pros: It was easy to get started with the software and publish the infoscreen on our Gym, we planned for a second screen and we like the cost for this. Have been online now for three weeks whitout any problems.

Cons: Maybe some more setting / options in RSS plugin

by Play Digital Signage, Inc. on 28/12/2018

Hi Tommy, Thanks for the great review ! Can you send me a couple of lines on the subject "settings/options in RSS plugin"? More specifically what settings and options you see as valuable for a user?

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Chris N.
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2017

"Fantastic, streamlined digital signage solution"

Pros: Super easy to use and setup (in comparison to MANY other products in this space) with all the key features you'd need to setup and use a digital signage product.

Cons: - Would love to see an iOS app version for both managing your content and using as a signage display.
- Would love to see some kind of CRM style solution to dynamically manage/update product menus.

by Play. on 17/10/2017

Hi Chris, Thanks for reviewing - We love both pros and cons, so that we know what is great and what we should work on.

Regarding your last request with Product MENU's - Can you perhaps send me an e-mail explaining this in details?

Regards Lars Normark @ Play Digital Signage

• Reviewed on 17/10/2017
Janika M.
SEO assistant
Internet
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2017

"Excellent for small business thinking of testing out digital signage."

Pros: So easy to set up and start using it. My absolute favourite thing is the support for variety of file types. I can add a video or images (or even a pdf, if you'd like), and won't have to worry about converting anything. It allows me to just concentrate on getting the campaign up and running. Also, you can customise and schedule your playlists as you wish. Whole thing feels quite dynamic and adjustable to my personal needs.

Cons: Two things I would like to see: First - to be able to create grouping for playlists too. Currently I can create screen groups (e.g. by location), but I would like to be able to create groups for my playlists as well (e.g. newcomer offers). Second - allowing websites to be displayed is awesome, but adding some functionality to it (e.g displaying stuff behind login wall) would make it more useful (like displaying analytics)

• Reviewed on 17/05/2017
Amarjeet M.
Pharmacist Owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Awesome Service"

Comments: PDS is awesome software . Easy to use , great support system

Pros: Customer care is awe some .I use this for my business and as well for community church .When ever I had problem just sent a message on chat and response was there in few minutes

Cons: I am new user and have not experienced any problem yet

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Philip B.
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2017

"great!"

Comments: the software is wonderful. i can upload new designs from home and have them show up as soon as i make them.

Pros: I love how sophisticated the software is, at the same time its so easy to use.
The idea that i can create an ad and set it to only play at certain times in the day is the best thing for me.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2017
Nicolaas W.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2017

"Excelent software"

Comments: What i miss is a clock and date that can be shown, in the slides, and also you can set a start date for every slite but not an end date, if you could implemen that so you can set a start and stop date per slide, would be nice.

by Play. on 22/03/2017

Thank you Nicolaas!

P.S. if you have feature requests, please contact our support.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2017
Aaron W.
Aaron W.
IT Support
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team."

Comments: Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Pros: Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Cons: Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2018
Oak N.
CFO
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Easy to use, priced right"

Pros: We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting. That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV. I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

Cons: The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Bruce L.
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Intuitive software with fantastic customer service"

Comments: I had an initial conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before trying out the software. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and personable, and did not try to "sell me" the product. We discussed it's potential and limitations.
Once I started playing with the software, I had a couple of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was just an email or IM away.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond in helping me out. I am really impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the software and the company.

Pros: The software is pretty easy to use, I love the drop-in, plug-and-play capabilities. And when things get a little confusing, the customer service is beyond extraordinary, going way and above what you would expect!! I also really liked the image and video options that come standard with the package.

Cons: I 'm not a fan of the gif's but I'm sure others could find better uses for them than I could.
It would also be nice to be able to edit my playlists from my smartphone, but having a tablet that works, helps tremendously.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Harry F.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2019

"Sophisticated, yet easy to use signage development"

Comments: Designing three displays in a visitor center. It was easy to do this without a lot of preplanning. As I worked with the Play Digital Signage editor, I was able to make improvements as I saw how things looked.

Pros: Complete functionality
Easy to use
Integrated with other composition products such as Google Slides
Produces a solution that runs on inexpensive controllers

Cons: Editing response time a bit slower than I wanted -- can't be perfect

• Reviewed on 10/08/2019
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"The Best So Far I Found!"

Comments: Using it over a year on multiple devices and the smooth operation and stability made my decision!

Pros: Amazing ease of use, full of features, great pricing!

Cons: Nothing at all. Everything is running perfectly for my needs!

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Md A.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Elegant, easy & affordable"

Comments: Attract more customers

Pros: Because of running a business, I need to try different kind of softwares. Play degital Signage one of it. It is easy to synchronize with tv and also easy to design content. 1st screen is free(free means totally free without any logo) and for additional display you need to pay. The software has so many free plug in option(weather,instagram,watch & so on)

Cons: I have tried other digital Signage software . All the free version has logo visible on the display. But PLAY one completely free for the 1st screen.

by Play. on 23/07/2018

Thanks for the great review - We appreciate you take the time to review us.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Brian C.
Director of Technical Innovations
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"Most Comprehensive Interface of all the Signage Software Solutions"

Pros: Ease of use and familiar Power Point type interface.
Ability to snap to grid and keep things easily lined up on the screen
Ability to put content ANYWHERE on the screen and not be limited to predefined zones
Easy broadcast to Amazon Fire TV Stick which is very economically priced.
Excellent customer support!

Cons: None to mention at this point, the software is outstanding!

• Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Daniel M.
Daniel M.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"After trying many others singage "solutions" I finally found this PERFECT software service."

Comments: I completely solved the management of the screens in my highschool.

Pros: Easy management and edition. Online storage of contents, including conversion of PDFs and presentations. Useful friendly plugins.

Cons: Really I don't know what to say. I only had a problem with one screen that didn't update contents but I reinstalled it and the problem was solved (I guess there was a wifi connection issue, nothing to do with the software).

by Play. on 25/04/2018

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the review - This is exactly the experience we want our customers to have when signing up for Play.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Hans hendrik S.
Hans hendrik S.
Webmaster
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2017

"Their software is top notch!"

Pros: Very intuitive to use software, and what I liked the most is that the customer support at PlaySignage was very fast to respond to my technical questions.

Cons: I wish there were more social network integrations, such as Linkedin and Instagram, hopefully some day.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2017
Elsen K.
menager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"great product"

Pros: Really happy with the software and would highly recommended

Cons: no cons to this service , it takes a few to get used to it but its well worth it

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Scott D.
District GM
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"Cost-Effective and Smooth"

Comments: Great. First time. Learned about it last week, and have signage up in less than a week. I think we can easily have this done under $400.

Pros: Cost-Effective
Media
Aesthetics

Cons: Need sound on Youtube videos
Everything else was a breeze

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Brian C.
Technology Coordnator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"Digital Signage applications can be rough!"

Comments: Only one issue, and it was my fault. Default setting for a playlist is 5 seconds. I didn't change it, and then I couldn't create a playlist over 5 seconds long. The proof of good support is when you ask a stupid question like, "why can't my playlist go over 5 seconds when I set the length to 5 seconds?," and you get a polite answer. I don't think I could have answered without adding some sarcasm.

Pros: Play is easy enough to use that even the most technophobic can step in and use it with minimal training. Give me 5 minutes, and I can create a display for our front hall with 15 slides and different timings and transitions.

Cons: I wish it played animated GIFS for backgrounds.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Wolfgang F.
Web Agency
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Review"

Pros: its very easy to use and it work online.

Cons: The transitions in the sliders falter and are unclean on some transitions

by Play Digital Signage, Inc. on 13/06/2019

Hi Wolfgang, thanks for your review.

Can you elaborate on "The transitions in the sliders falter and are unclean on some transitions"?

Depending on the player (More specifically player resources) animations and transitions are not always smooth.

Would love your feedback.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019