15 years helping British businesses

About Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM is a game-changing solution designed specifically for the unique challenges that sales managers and sales teams face.

Learn more about Maximizer CRM

Pros:

Ability to capture lots of information is there but it overwhelming to find all the places to input.

Cons:

I haven’t really use this software a lot so I can’t really say a lot of things that I dislike about the software.

Maximizer CRM ratings

3.8
4.0
3.9
3.8

7.5/10

Maximizer CRM has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars based on 352 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Maximizer CRM before?

Ajbinder
Ajbinder
President, Chief Investment Officer in Canada

Making Maximizer Your Firm's Cornerstone

Comments: We are able to complete our tasks much more efficiently and able to coordinate with other members of our team. Over the years we have tried other CRM options but Maximizer has been the one we have been looking for. Extremely glad we made the switch.

Pros:

Maximizer is very intuitive to use and the layout feels as if it has been designed with the end user in mind. The easy to navigate fields and customization allows it to be adaptable to many different practices. Our efficiency has improved significantly as a result of Maximizer.

Cons:

Personally, I am still confused on how to best set up households and individuals within that household and it feels like I have some duplication but I have not been able to figure out how to clean it up.

Adam
Manager in Canada
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Good Update from Past CRM

Comments: We switched from Goldmine because of the extreme limitations we were finding with ongoing support and updates. We have been pleasantly surprised with maximizer, but still feel as though there are opportunities for improvement.

Pros:

The interface is intuitive and allows for easy access to information that is needed to confidently engage a client across all team members.

Cons:

It would be nice to include some type of gant chart to help track projects that are not sales-based.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM: Maximizer was a better fit for our size of staff.

2 years ago

Hello Adam, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you Maximizer easy to use and intuitive. I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address these challenges. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Javier
Development Director in US

Clunky, undeveloped; Not useful

Comments: It was not a good experience. Nothing was as advertised, from the user experience to the security of purchase. The address book was not able to be converted from the Leads module and the maps feature wasn’t able to connect from Leads. The mobile version has a lot of bugs and isn’t very functional. They have a tutorial, yet aren’t proactive in distributing it to new users. Their focus is on sales. And it’s not a very salable product in my opinion. The worst aspect of this company is that they aren’t risk free. If you purchase a year software and decide after a few weeks it simply isn’t for your company, there are no refunds. I had to initiate a chargeback with my bank after being told that “unfortunately, due to the terms and conditions...”
No customer wants to hear that. They tried to bully me into keeping their software. There are far too many options in 2021 for CRM to be forced into one, especially one so difficult to use. When I asked about a feature that I needed, I was told, “Perhaps later this year...”
Not what I need if I’m paying good money for a software. Their sales VP wouldn’t call me when I requested a call after being denied a refund.
When I went through their main website again after my experience with Maximizer, I noticed that everything they advertise is not in line with the product they put out. They say that there’s a free trial available. Not the truth. Any company who can’t be trusted to keep their word on something so simple isn’t reputable.

Pros:

The sales team was excellent. Some features work well, but no better than free versions of other softwares.

Cons:

This maybe would have been a good CRM in say, 1999. It’s antiquated and didn’t serve the needs of my business. I used well-known CRM previously and didn’t find Maximizer to be better than the free version of that one. There was a disconnect in usage that wasn’t able to be overcome by myself or my employees in several weeks of trials.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud , Keap and Podio

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM: Thought it would be an improvement.

Switched From: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM: The sales team was consistent in keeping contact.

Haba
Content Manager in Romania
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

A well build CRM

Comments: Besides the high price Maximizer CRM is a great tool and really helped our business.

Pros:

The setup was very easy and UI is very intuitive. Customer support is a 5* team, really helpful and easy to talk to. After importing all our contacts we were ready to start working.

Cons:

The price is high for the features it gives.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Switched From: Prophet CRM and NetHunt CRM

4 months ago

Hi Haba, Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us! We're so happy to hear that our customer support team has been helpful to you. Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive! The Maximizer Team

Kathy-Rae
President in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Maximizer user since the early 90's

Comments: The latest feature that I love is the relation manager it could be a little easier to use. For example I refer customers to service providers that I have in our database. The feature allows me to link that customer with the service providers that we have referred. I can then follow up with the provider to see if they heard from the customer and to make them realize that I'm tracking the precious leads that I send to them.

Pros:

Maximizer has been my right arm since the early 90's. Our company has grown with Maximizer and watched the software evolve into a very powerful tool. The ability to organize all your customers in one program and to have the mobile ability to bring customer files up on our smart phone is incredible. It makes the customer feel important as you have all the details at your finger tips about their likes and dislikes. Many customers will comment that they can't believe I remembered one detail or another...I don't have the heart to tell them I have it all documented in my Maximizer program.

Cons:

The addition of the campaign management is a critical feature but is very difficult to use. It is fabulous to have this in Maximizer but it is not as easy to use as some of the others such as Constant Contact. The integration of and the statistics are very important to see what customers are clicking on within your email broadcast. Increasing the ability to make adding graphics and enhancing the viewing pleasure of the customer would be very helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Connect , Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM: I had not upgraded my software with Maximizer for several years and did not realize all the fabulous new features that had been added. Probably my biggest stumbling block was at the time my company relied upon the ability to have the integration with QuickBooks. I did not want to go to the online version of QB to have this integration. Our company moved away from needing this feature but now that we are doing more online sales I think it would be instrumental. Although I have heard that the online version of QB is not a good idea. Wish there was a way to integrate the online version of Max with the desktop version of QB.

Ella
Administrative Assistant in Canada

User-friendly

Comments: The system is great and we are excited to see how it plays a part in our daily lives, but the sales portion could be worked on.

Pros:

I like how user-friendly the system is and that they set up team is dedicated to teaching us how to use the back side of the system so we are able to make our own customizations, imports, ect. without having to contact them.

Cons:

During the sales portion we were not told all of the fees included in set up in a clear way, the team seemed to work very hard to to maximize what we were paying for the original set up.

5 months ago

Hi Ella, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve. I have shared your feedback directly with our team to address these challenges. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Todd
Todd
Manager in Mexico
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

My use of Maximizer

Comments: Since 2002 Maximizer has aided me in keeping in touch with my clients. The action plans I have set early in 2004 still work to this day, and are easily assigned to my new and existing clients.

Pros:

I have used Maximizer since the early 2000's. It is my MAIN source of CRM. I have many pre-edited documents that automatically get sent and merged with my contacts. I love this software and the amount of time and energies it's saved me over the years.

Cons:

Originally, I didn't like the cost of the product, but as it became more mainstream the price dropped. The features increased and their negatives turned into positives. SO I don't have any cons to discuss at this time.

5 years ago

Hi Todd, Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to helping you build on your already solid client relationships. Thanks again!

Ulrich
Ulrich
Doctor in Benin
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Big Maximiser CRM

Comments: Am very satisfied with this software. Its ease of access, the best and simplistic data storage method, and the very good customer support it offers make it better and satisfying.
Being able to maintain good relationships with customers is magical.

Pros:

I like this software. It allows you to organize yourself, offer good customer service, ensure the future, and therefore manage your time well. Very intuitive and practical, it is easy to use, in this case for the information necessary for communicating with a customer.

Cons:

It works very well. Nothing to complain about so far.

5 months ago

Hello Ulrich, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! We’re delighted to hear that you've enjoyed Maximizer. Looking forward to continuing to serve you! The Maximizer Team

Jacob
Jacob
Associate in Canada
Investment Management, 501–1,000 Employees

A good piece of CRM Software

Comments: Overall experience is quite positive from an administrator end, from a user perspective I have & have helped people who have had problems navigating and using Maximzier to its fullest potential when they are brand new to the platform.

Pros:

Maximizer in comparison to some of it's competitors runs a very light & simplistic method of storing data. This is mainly in respect to have to act as the admin for the data, but Maximizer exports and imports quite nicely from most data subsets which makes maintaining data on a day to day that much easier.

Cons:

The site is very dated (especially before the reskin of 2017), and this causes user intuitiveness of finding things were one expects them to be quite difficult. At this point it is a difficult process to properly bring the website into the 21st century, since a massive overhaul would leave many existing users lost.

Abel
Abel
Agent in Benin
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Avis maximiser crm

Comments: perfect software, intuitive and allows us to have access to information...but it would be better if it helped us to do better housekeeping

Pros:

super software that is very intuitive to use also makes it easy to have useful information to communicate with a client

Cons:

I have difficulty making households and people within households better.

5 months ago

Hello Abel, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us—we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Josh
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Robust, but lacking integration

Comments: It really is a solid CRM, and did well keeping the entire company apprised of the situation. It handles B2B and B2C with ease, and made it very easy to keep tabs on our clients. If it integrated with other critical apps, automated marketing tasks, and had a stronger customer service tool, we'd still be using it today.

Pros:

I really liked the User definable setup, and the hierarchy between contacts and companies. I also liked how every user defined value got it's own view in SQL, so it was very easy to extract data into other systems using the database. It's very familiar to office users, and performed really well, even with 90,000 contacts/companies in it. It's a solid CRM, as long as that's all you need.

Cons:

It didn't integrate well with other applications. We use Google Apps, and Quickbooks, which are pretty common. But it wouldn't integrate with either, and was going to cost in order to write each integration. The customer service case manager was minimalist, so it was simple to use, but didn't allow for a conversation to happen (eg I couldn't tell how much back and forth happened during a customer service case, or if the customer had updated information on the case). The email generation tool was primitive, and only allowed for basic, ugly html. Any advanced formatting, or click tracking common to things like MailChimp weren't available. There wasn't any marketing automation to speak of, and there wasn't any automated lead scoring. Everything had to be done by hand, and unfortunately humans aren't reliable.

Ray
Owner in Canada
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Ray's Review

Comments: There are too many problems it solves to list, but suffice it to say, I could not run my business without a CRM and a Case Management system which Maximizer does very well!

Pros:

The best part has always been the comprehensiveness of the product, how modules fit together, combined with Mail Integration. These have always been key for me. It's easy to use for the most part if you enjoy technology and when you need them, support is very close and very good.

Cons:

The price is high in my mind. I enjoyed stand alone because I was more in control of my expenses. I could keep a version running until I had to upgrade. I don't like the never ending cost and in truth, it has caused me to begin looking for alternatives.

2 years ago

Hi Ray, Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience. We're happy that you've found our product easy to use. We certainly value your business and hope to retain you as a client. Still, we also believe in the value of our product and try to add the most value for our customers by reinvesting back into Maximizer and its processes. We hope you appreciate the value of our service in terms of customer experience, user interface, and product features. We hope to continue to serve you and help your organization thrive. The Maximizer Team

Tom
Publisher in Canada
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Maximizer and the cloud

Comments: As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros:

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons:

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

Joshua
Advisor in Canada

Overall Poor Quality and Poor Service one set up

Comments: Overall experience was very poor. I would recommend going with a different CRM software solution.

Pros:

The software is easy to alter to fit specific processes. They have doe a good job in making the software easy to change without having to hire a tach support team to make the changes.

Cons:

The software is VERY basic and doesn't have the ability to sync with multiple email addresses, link emails to the software after they have been sent, there is no email automation to speak of, you have to click multiple times to link every single email to Maximizer. I came over from Salesforce and should have just bit the bullet and paid the extra set up costs. You better hope you don't have a technical problem as you will have to follow up with them multiple times over the course of several weeks to get the problem fixed all the while your functionality is at a stand still.

2 years ago

Hello Joshua, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. It's always our intention to provide great customer service. Please accept our sincerest apologies that we didn't live up to your expectations. I'm thankful that you reached out to share your experience as your valuable feedback helps us to improve our processes and better serve our clients. If you're comfortable, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would love to make this right. The Maximizer Team

Judi
Owner in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

UPGRADING TO LIVE

Comments: We have been a long time Maximizer user and overall are very happy with the product and service. The live version was a good upgrade for us overall. The software provides what we need and is user friendly for non techies.

Pros:

It mostly allows us to make necessary connections between patients and recipients and to find information we need quickly.

Cons:

We use the notes for important medical details and it is a challenge to have to dig through the notes with the live version. The recently added 'search' bar in notes is much appreciated and we're hopeful there will be further improvements to scrolling through notes more efficiently. The possibility of not being able to connect due to a server glitch is very scary to us since we depend on the information relative to providing medication dosage on a daily basis for a medical business. If it goes down we are virtually out of business and unable to provide urgent medical information.

owner in Canada

Highly recommend Maximizer CRM

Comments: The Maximizer platform is great but what is even more important is the customer service team is out standing. The customer service team is fast, knowledgeable and friendly. The best.

Pros:

I'm in sales. Having a CRM is critical. Being able to track and store documents and emails to clients and prospects keeps me organized. We started scanning in 2007 and today I can see and work on any clients file from any where I have WIFI. All our scanning is in Maximizer. All important documents are in Maximizer. All important emails are attached in Maximizer. Customer service cases are attached in Maximizer with notifications. Our business depends on Maximizer and it has grown with us. Love the software.

Cons:

I only wish I could save excel files directly to Maximizer without having to save to the desk top first.

Megan
Consultant in Canada
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Ease and customization for your unique business

Pros:

This software is easy to understand and become comfortable working in when it comes to contact management and email integration. Maximizer offers many tools to be able to customize your data for your specific business and to continue to build on as your business grows. The ability to set a personalized dashboard to keep targets top of mind is very helpful and is a great way to start the day.

Cons:

Having better integrations with other software would make our lives a lot easier. As well as having better duplicate checking for entries would eliminate a lot of work hours used to maintain a clean database.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM

Pia
Marketing Coordinator in Germany
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Not the product I was looking for.

Pros:

Customer support is satisfactory. They are responsive and patient to solve your problems.

Cons:

The product did not meet my expectations. Insufficient functionality for sales management-customer acquisition that I need.

2 years ago

Hi Pia H, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Maximizer hasn't met your expectations. Please do reach out [email protected] if we can assist further. The Maximizer Team

Sandi
Operations Manager in Canada

Using for 20+ years!

Pros:

The ability to see and share data is key and the live version allows it to be always up to date

Cons:

The time zone for customer service is sometimes and issue because we are on the east coast. I also feel there is so much more we can be doing, but we don't know what we don't know.

2 years ago

Hello Sandi, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and for being a Maximizer customer for over 20 years! We're delighted to hear that our shared address book functionality allows you to see and share key data. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected]. The team can help find a solution for the issues relating to time zones and ensure that you are getting the most out of Maximizer. We look forward to continuing to work with you for many more years. The Maximizer Team

Phil A
Financial Planner [retired] in US

The Best

Comments: Excellent, I will continue to use in my next business adventures.

Pros:

Over the 30+ years, I have used MaximizerThey always delivered more than I could have possibly wanted.Just excellent.

Cons:

Sometimes it required, more set up than I had time to give it.But, I should have used more of what it had to give.

last year

Hello Phil, Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us and for being a Maximizer customer for over 30 years! Looking forward to helping your next business adventure thrive! The Maximizer Team

Lisa
Owner in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Broken Promises

Comments: I spent a lot of time last year vetting CRMs for my company. I needed a product that myself and my account managers could use for both sales and client management. I was very very specific with Maximizer in what I needed from them. One MAJOR component was that I needed to have my client invoicing automated, and gave the Sales Rep from Maximizer the criteria for the development of the invoices. He said that he would take it to the development team and see if it was possible. He then emailed me and assured me that it would be no problem at all. Between the product initiation costs, training costs, and costs for 15 seats, I spent almost $12,000 to implement this software program. I'm locked in to a one year agreement. The purchase took place in December 2020 and almost 9 months later I still have not been able to do any client invoicing. They have my money but no support or follow up whatsoever. If I need something I need to initiate the call. This is no way to do business. As an example, three weeks ago we did a call with one of the trainers. He had absolutely no idea that Maximizer had agreed to create the invoice templates for us and was trying to train us on how to create the templates ourselves. When we explained this to him he said he'd get with the developers and get back to us. It's been 3 weeks and we've heard absolutely nothing from them. Beyond frustrating, and at this point I want my money back.

Pros:

After using it for a while, I cannot find anything I like about it.

Cons:

Finding data, TMI, too cluttered, company did not deliver the product they promised

Nadia
Owner in Canada
Wine & Spirits, Self Employed

One of the best technical support in the industry

Comments: I have been using Maximizer , on & off, since its inception in the 90's. The off period was mainly due to its lack of affordable & efficient technical support. This year I have been blown away by the dedication, expertise, follow-up and care of the technical support agents. Truly some of the best I have even experienced.

Pros:

Integration with Outlook. Absolutely the best feature of maximizer.

Cons:

Mobile version is quite weak. I am unable to save any contact or communication such as emails from the mobile version so I just gave up.

2 years ago

Hello Nadia, First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your positive experiences with our customer support team. We really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve. I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address these challenges. In the meantime, please feel free to contact [email protected] and our team will find a solution that will best fit your needs. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Graham
Director in South Africa
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Maximizer needs to keep up with the times

Comments: The ease of usage is great. Tracking and closing of task remains top of mind

Pros:

Value for money compared to Salesforce. Ideally a step up from Microsoft Excel.

Cons:

Not great. Upgrades not compatible with current data, had to reload info again. Battling with integration.

Wilson
VP Senior Underwriting Counsel in US
Insurance, 201–500 Employees

Review

Pros:

Integration with Outlook for saving e-mails.

Cons:

After a recent update, the system seems much slower and the reporting function does not always work correctly when I try to run reports on the entries of my direst reports.

2 years ago

Hello Wilson, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you've enjoyed the Outlook integration. I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address the challenges you are seeing after the latest update. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Jasmine
Administrative Assistant in Canada
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Maximizer Overview

Comments: My overall experience has been amazing. If I have any problems your website is easy to navigate through to find help or even contacting maximize support has done wonders for me.

Pros:

Navigation through the database is simple and easy. It has a lot of features that do not exist in CRM that are beneficial for advisors and their support staff. I really like the "Schedule an Action Plan". I have an appreciation for the online courses and webinars that Maximizer holds. I find something new about the system anytime I participate.

Cons:

Sometimes it is very slow when I track any emails and update my contacts. It will freeze up and boot me out so I have to sig back in. Not too sure if this may be a connection problem or a problem with the system itself.