Excellent, Navicat saves you a lot of work

Reviewed on 23/06/2018
Aníbal M.
Programador
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Navicat has brought me many benefits, first of all it saves me time, there is no need to use several database clients, it allows me to automate tasks that run at night outside working hours, generate reports for my bosses, migrate information from one database to another. I am very happy with this software simplifies my life at work.

Pros: Navicat is an excellent database client, it simplifies a lot of work, it makes backups, the migration of information between tables even between different databases is simply incredible. The option to synchronize data is something that I use frequently in a positive way and I love that it is possible to automate the tasks. The graphical interface is very beautiful and attractive, it makes the work pleasant, it is very intuitive, which allows discovering new functionalities as the tool is used. A great point in its favor is the report creator. This functionality is vital for my daily work. Reverse engineering for an amazing and surprising database has helped me develop new systems that already exist and do not have database documentation. The SQL editor is very well done. I could not ask for more than what needs to be done.

Cons: Not everything can be perfect Navicat can not connect to the database DB2-AS400 which forces me to connect from another client this feature is important, another point against Navicat is that there is no native version for the Linux environment is necessary the wine emulator.

It is a very powerful and versatile database management tool, very easy to use

Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Eyamir U.
Profesora
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has been a great help in the creation and administration of database that I have had to manage, as well as being very useful in the classes taught in database design, since it allows me to make a comparison of how to administer a database by console and as with a graphic tool

Pros: Its totally graphical user-friendly interface, which allows to carry out from the conceptual design to the physical design of the database in a very easy way, which makes it a powerful tool to be used by people who are not experts in the database administration. In addition to maintaining high compatibility with different DBMS such as MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLite from a single application. Compatible with cloud databases such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud. Added to this allows you to manage the database easily and quickly, gives you the options of creating views, triggers, backup functions, synchronization, among others. You can create queries easily. Being able to create the code automatically compatible with the selected DBMS. It provides you with a free trial version for 14 days. Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac. In addition to having extensive documentation and sites that provide support and documentation

Cons: Actually there is no feature that I do not like Navicat, the only thing I could say is that it is so useful that sometimes the people from so much use it lose a little bit of alacrity to download the database directly by console

Rock solid database tool

Reviewed on 24/07/2018
SAP BW Consultant
201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Faster SQL script learning curve, better productivity and great tool reliability.

Pros: My first contact with Navicat was about nine years ago, and I was learning SQL at that time. It helped me a lot because with it I didn't need to see only complex SQL strings at the console, no, Navicat has a very good interface where you can see the databases in a graphical way.
The interface is very attractive and well organized, but it doesn't takes away it's power, you can do many things with the SQL editor; you can create functions, views, tables, indexes, you can do maintenances, check indexes and obviously view data.
It's rock solid, you can trust it to make your database exports (quick backups) and also to restore data.
It connects to many different sources, such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and many more...
It worth the price!

Cons: It cannot deal very well with network oscillations, but I guess this is not the tool's fault, maybe the database drops the connection when you quickly disconnect from one network and reconnects. For example, if I'm executing a long SQL string with many INSERTs statements and my network drops for a couple seconds, the SQL Editor window freezes and the instruction is interrupted.
Ideally, it should try to reconnect after and continues from where it stopped, but it doesn't.
Again, this is the only con I have agaist Navicat and maybe this couldn't be the tool's fault.

Only one tool for every DB engine

Reviewed on 29/12/2018
Ernesto enrique F.
Full-stack Developer
Human Resources, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With Navicat I saved time and space on my computer. With a single application I have everything I need and a little more.

Pros: Navicat allows you to save time by configuring work tools to manage your databases because it allows you to add among a large list of available engines. It is a fairly fast application and now that you have the service to store your connections in the cloud, it is much better, a single installation and all your connections where you want to be. What I like most is the assistant for complex queries, with a few clicks you can have queries in several tables and have incredible results.

Cons: I am a user of many operating systems both at home and at work and certainly Navicat is present in all of them but the appearance in Linux operating systems is quite outdated, I would like them to improve it.

I have used Navicat everyday for more than 10 years and it is a 'goto' tool for me.

Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Pete B.
Vice President
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very easy to find data and update records. Data syncronization tools are very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros: Easy connection management, ability to save queries, easy access to tables,queries,stored procedures and triggers. This tool is easy to use yet powerful, I really like the tabbed interface approach allowing for grouping of separated queries and tables.

Cons: I would really love it if they could add the ability to search for a column in the table view by name, I waste a lot of time scrolling horizontally through tables looking for specific columns, granted, I could write a quick select query to find the data but sometimes it is really useful to be able to update the tables directly for small updates.

Navicat is the best software that allows easy build, manage,maintain and connect to database

Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Network Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Navicat Premium has allowed me to create databases on MySQL while at the same time providing the capability of maintaining and managing while I connect to the created database. This provides a centralized operation over a database and thus making it easy to monitor, check and refer to your database

Pros: Provides the functionality of building, maintaining and connecting to databases all in one,
Has user-friendly interfaces which are easy to use
Allows saving of database imports and exports in several formats including text and XML formats
It is available for Different Operating Systems that include Windows Mac OS and now Linux
With navicat one can compare different databases available and their structure
Allows connection to various types of database management systems that include MySQL, Oracle, SQL server among others.
Allows integration with other software eg. MySQL workbench and XAMPP.
Multi-lingual meaning is available for a variety of languages
Consumes less memory since it is a light sofwtare

Cons: It is an expensive software despite the fact that it has a free trial version
Some aspects of Navicat premium needs to be taught therefore may not be that easy for newbies

Several databases from the same application

Reviewed on 14/04/2017
Valerio P.
Eng
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I think I've been a Navicat user for over six years. What I like most is that from a simple interface, I can manage a large number of databases. Create queries, filter results and even use the console. It is a great tool with many features. You can currently connect to the following databases: MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. Navicat Premium enables you to efficiently transfer data across various database systems or to plain text files with SQL format and encoding. Batch jobs for different types of databases can be scheduled to run at a specific time.

Pros: Several databases from the same application. Easy to use.

Cons: Sometimes it can get a bit slow; However, that only happens when very large queries are made. Otherwise the application works just fine.

If you need great DB management software. Buy this!

Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Paul A.
Software Engineer III
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Feature-rich, easy to use, great connectivity. Create databases in Navicat is a breeze, whether you're a DBA or a developer. I used MySQL workbench, and that got me by. Then I tried Navicat and was immediately aware of all the things MySQL Workbench is missing. Navicat is one of those pieces of software you need your developers to have access to.

Cons: It is definitely pricey. When I was a contractor and first purchased this, I was not impressed at the price, mainly because I would have to deal with MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, and other database backends, so I had to buy the full package.

My Favorite DB Admin tool

Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Marketing Systems and Web Developer Specialist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Navicat is a great DB admin tool, that makes navigating a database very easy and intuitive. I especially love the query builder, which makes writing queries a breeze for anyone with even a little bit of exposure to SQL. Very easy to Navigate between different types of databases. Makes my life so convenient to be able to do so.

Cons: The only con of this software is the price. If you work with different types of databases and need to regularly navigate between them, this software may be worth it. Otherwise, a cheaper software is probably more suitable.

Best tool on the market for database administration, report creation, and database migration.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Ted S.
IT Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can definitely say this software has increased my productivity and allowed me work with some databases that I was unfamiliar with.

Pros: Navicat is my favorite tool and a cornerstone of my development toolbox of programs that I use on a daily basis. From cloning websites to creating quick database scripts for chron jobs and timed reports. I highly recommend it.

Cons: There's really not much I could suggest to improve Navicat. Maybe a cloud synch to store database connection settings and possibly an option to store backups to online file storage such as dropbox, Google drive, etc.

Productive Database Management Software

Reviewed on 04/07/2019
General Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software is great, it's very simple and very light gets you up and running quickly it is definitely worth the price. When I get in I open it and I'm using it most of the day and it makes writing even complex queries easy.

Pros: Very simple interface.
Easy to work with multiple databases.
One software for multiple database technologies.

Cons: At times when I disconnect from an internet connection and a connection was still active, when I try to reconnect it keeps failing even after closing the connection so I end having to close the whole application.
When I right complex queries on a large data set, if it loses the connection it keeps running instead of stopping and showing that the connection has dropped.

All you need for Databases is Navicat Premium

Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Román josué D.
Data Science Team Lead
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Navicat is a great help and tool to: explore your database, create queries easily and fast, import and export your database, and much more!

Pros: I think Navicat Premium has the potential to be the only tool you need for working with databases. The query builder is just amazing, it helps you to build a query by just using drag-n-drop, which would be your final query or at least be a good base for a cumbersome query. The model explorer is another great tool, allowing you to see the diagram and navigate through it easily. Connecting to a database is also very simple. I used it a lot with PostgreSQL and it works perfectly, and I preferred to use Navicat than the pgAdmin.

Cons: When there are changes on the model and you want to update the diagram is not that simple, as usually leaves all the tables on the left-upper corner and you need to either move them manually or create the diagram again.

The right tool if you use multiple database engines

Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Joel isaac M.
Co Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Today is one of my mine application for developing software.
For me...is necessary to make efficiently my job.

Pros: I am a multiple database engine user and I had a database manager for every engine that I use, then I started to use Navicat Premium I was able to manage all my database only with a single application.

Cons: In some database engines such as Microsoft SQL sometimes you can not edit or update tables properties and then you have to go to Microsft official tool to do it.

One of the most useful DB tools

Reviewed on 19/09/2017
Branimir P.
IT Admin
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Having used this tool has made my job tasks a lot easier. With having a lot of SQLite and MS SQL DBs on our systems, this gave me a possibility to do a lot of test queries before putting them in the system which doesn't have such options.
Doing reports has become an easy task.

Cons: It takes a little while to get used to using this, but It's not that bad.
Sometimes the Beautify SQL feature makes a mess.

Best software for DB

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
FrontEnd Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience is great, is the software I use for DB (Mysql and Pgsql). The only bad things I can say are the cons that I already mentioned.

Pros: 1) Easy to use
2) search trough data is so easy.
3) perform queries is extremely easy.
4) is not a heavy software

Cons: 1) kind of expensive (for a person, not a company).
2) I have found complicated to recover the code from a function and I had to perform a query to recover it.

Navicat premium have improved my experience in database adminstration and development

Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Simon W.
Mobile Application Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have had a better experience in general database adminstration and development, ability to connect to multiple databases fromt the same interface as well as easiness in query editing.

Pros: Navicat premium lets me connect to MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite databases from a single interface, editting sql queries have been made so much easier and as a developer Navicat premium have increased my prodctivity.

Cons: Navicat cons are you need about 10 hours to familiarise yourself with this tool as well as knowledge in database development and adminstration.

Navicat is life changing

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Carsten K.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has let me do my job faster.
I hate using PHP MyAdmin as everything takes too long.

Pros: This software makes Database management a breeze.
I use it for Mysql queries, maintenance and scheduled backups and it couldnt be easier

Cons: I am struggling to think of something I DONT like about Navicat.
Some of the documentation is vague but that is solved by going to the Forums.

I'm lazy query but Navicat changed me

Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Balloon Twitter
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to use
Easy to connect with various kind of DB
UX is really good, it's a huge plus points.
When I was a QA so query DB sometime it's horrible each time I need to test Data and Database.
Navicat changed me. Thanks you

Cons: Export DB diagram is somehow hard to use.
I feel the query result were sometime slower than Workbench (same query, same DB???)

Time saver. Not necessary to learn or install every management software for every database engine.

Reviewed on 20/07/2017
Petr V.
Web Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's time saver, small piece of software and very universal.

Pros: one software for all databases
easy to use, not necessary to learn something new
quick startup, small size

Cons: not every feature of every DB engine is implemented
not available MRU for CTRL+TAB
UI colors are too bright, it's very difficult to fast focus on impoertant area

Top SQL tools

Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Wesley C.
Programmer analyst
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Because there are several different databases used by different systems, it is useful to use navicat integrate all of them.

Pros: It can let you access several databases at the same time, user friendly.

Cons: No link server like ms sql manager, it is good to have the feature that several database query in just one open windows.

SQL === Navicat

Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Aditya C.
Developer
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Data Manipulation, Extraction, Import etc

Pros: Offers a nice and tight native feeling user interface. Most tasks can be accomplished in a straightforward manner, quickly and efficiently. Great integration of copy and paste for quickly moving data to other apps, e.g. Excel or Sublime Text. I really like the editing and filtering options in the grid view, they are really powerful in comparison to most GUI clients

Cons: Upgrade pricing is too high. There are way too many different flavours and confusing purchasing options. There is gap between appstore and webstore, with disadvantages for the appstore user.

Great features, mediocre implementation, premium price-point

Reviewed on 05/09/2018
John M.
CTO & Co-founder
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Navicat's range of features is second to none. Recent updates offer a huge UX improvement over previous versions.

Cons: The cost is difficult to justify for many use cases, and far higher than comparable products. The limits on their Navicat Cloud platform seem restrictive and arbitrary.

This is a fantastic query tool

Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Systems Analyst
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This product has been invaluable over the years. It saves so much time both creating, running, and exporting query data.

Pros: Drag and drop visual editor makes for easy query building.

Cons: Would be nice if there was a native subquery builder like on some other tools.

Great tool for connecting to multiple DBs at once.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Co-Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This is our goto product for all the various databases we use. It is much easier to use 1 tool to connect to them then 3 or 4.

Cons: I don't like having to renew my license each year. I'd rather just buy the product since we never upgrade it.

I really like navicat

Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Yanelly N.
Full-stack Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I use navicat daily to connect to all my remote databases, it is very flexible and easy to use, it has many useful features!

Cons: I like everything about this tool, it's very good