• Overall
    4.9 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.9 /5

About Fomo

Displays recent customer activity on your website to increase conversion rates.

Learn more about Fomo

Ryan W.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Social Proof is the Best Proof"

Pros: It does what it says it would do which is provide social proof to users that others are buying your product(s). This gives you instant credibility and trust because someone is likely to follow what other people do.

Cons: There isn't much to dislike about this product!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
David B.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2017

"Easy to use and Amazing Customer Service"

Comments: Customer engagement and sales.

Pros: The team behind the software has been very good at working with me to explain how things work. One of the customer rep has been exceptional and patient walking me through set up and answering any questions that come up. The insights help me to fine tune the events. I highly recommend FOMO. This tool helps drive customers to explore deeper into the store further driving sales.

Cons: If I had to pick something I like least - and this is a hard one - I would say the interface of the dashboard feels clunky, but really that is minor.

Andrew C.
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"It’s easy and it works!"

Comments: I like that it helps to build confidence in my store, in the eyes of visitors, by showing that others are shopping there. I also see many occasions where I sell one unit of a slow mover and within hours I sell another. I attribute this to FOMO popups.

Pros: This product is easily set up on a Shopify store. It definitely drives conversions by showing website visitors that the site is busy and others are buying.

Cons: I wish the pop up was more customizable - there only a few options / colour schemes / layouts available.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Amy M.
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"Overall I wasn't dissatisfied with my fomo experience, but I wasn't happy enough to continue paying."

Comments: I think it was beneficial to have installed during the holiday season. It reassured new site visitors that other people were buying my products.

Pros: I think the concept is good, but as you know there are other players doing the same thing. The platform as user-friendly and installation was easy. I also was able to easily reach a human when I had an issue installing. Customer service goes a long way.

Cons: Often the platform would duplicate order data (events) and I would have to manually delete them so people wouldn't see multiple notifications for the same orders. That was frustrating.

Cliff H.
Managing Director
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2020

"Dont miss out on Fear of Missing Out!"

Comments: Great experience - well worth the small cost

Pros: Easy and simple to turn off and on when required. During the first weeks of Covid it was important to show other customers that people were buying of us by way of FOMO pop ups

Cons: Occasionally customers complain about it annoying them with too many pop ups

• Reviewed on 03/10/2020
Ryan S.
Email & Content Marketing Manager
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2018

"Has helped us improve conversion rate + app has unmatched customer service"

Pros: I like how easy it was to integrate with shopify. Had it setup within minutes. Customer support is next level. Prior to using shopify, we used FOMO with a different shopping cart that didn't have an easy integration. FOMO support helped us get a custom integration setup so it would work with that cart.

Cons: Can't think of any negative aspects of the FOMO app at this point.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2018
Max G.
COO
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"useful and effective"

Comments: really great customer service

Pros: easy to integrate and customize. good pricing- what you need for social proof

Cons: really had none, well priced and gives exactly what i need

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Nick kretz ❤️ 📈 🕵🏻‍♂️.
COO
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Great piece of software to help boost ecommerce sales!"

Comments: Overall, happy with the service. My site is getting too much traffic for the basic plan and I'm not making too much sales from the tool but it is paying for itself so going to keep it running as I think it's a great visual tool to get people's attention on my website.

Pros: -Visually appealing
-Easy to customize
-Love that you can measure performance/see conversions tied to click-thru from Fomo

Cons: The Squarespace integration wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be and had to spend sometime with support troubleshooting. I'm guessing its more Squarespace's fault than Fomo's because support was pretty quick to assist.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Charlie W.
Senior Operations and Sales Director
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2020

"GAME CHANGER!"

Comments: INCREDIBLE! Looking for a legitimate solution to social proof marketing? Look no further than FOMO!

Pros: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], FOMO and the whole team ROCKS!! Amazing communication, quick problem solving and an innovative HONEST approach to marketing! What’s not to love?! Thank you so so much FOMO!

Cons: No difficulties integrating FOMO whatsoever, as long as you have a basic understanding of computers, the internet and a keyboard / mouse :-)

• Reviewed on 18/09/2020
Lukas C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Great App"

Pros: Fomo helped us increase our conversion by a substantial amount. Also, the integration was really easy, we fixed it in a couple of minutes. Also, when we noticed a tiny error in one of the translations we contacted Fomo and they fixed it within an hour. That's the kind of support we really like!

Cons: We haven't really seen any major cons so far. Only thing I can think of is that the price of the Advanced pack is a bit on the steep side, but then again you get a lot of extras for it.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
David L.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"A Pain Or A Booster?"

Comments: Wondering how much the founder bought a domain name like that? Hmm...

Pros: Many marketers like to use a tool like this in order to boost their sales. The pros of this tool?
- plenty of integrations. They've got integration with most of the popular tools in the market.
- easy to use, the dashboard is pretty straightforward and comes with an analytics section.
- their uniqueness vs similar tools in the market is theirs come with different display options a.k.a Feed Display and lately Portal display. You might find these two options useful if you think the common bottom left corner pop up irritating. I personally choose FOMO because of this.
- lastly, their support is pretty fast too.

Cons: - I think the only Cons with this tool is their charges that is slightly higher compared to other similar tools in the market. But since they are offering more features, I still think it is fair and not overpricing. To me, I prefer to display the FOMO in a more subtle way.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Chaz E.
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"Fomo is great for social proof and can also drive sales"

Pros: We definitely see the value in Fomo for both social proof and can track analytics that shows sales have also resulted from this app. There are a lot of features that make this app stand out from its major competitor - pricing is better, the ease of use of the dashboard is better, and the code seems to have less of an impact on our page load times. Specifically, for our private label SEO site. Fomo has resulted in a fair number of successful purchase completions. But more importantly, in my opinion, than the sales that resulted is that it is a powerful motivator for visitors to our website when they see all of the sales happening.

Cons: The one drawback was the Fomo wordpress plugin for woocommerce didn't integrate correctly. We solved it easily by adding the script directly to the footer but it would have been nice had the initial confusion hadn't existed at all. Support was quick to clarify the issue so it was only a minor inconvenience.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2017
Jon H.
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"FOMO has helped us increase sales"

Comments: We have had a great experience with FOMO. It helped increase our holiday sales dramatically this past year.

Pros: This is a great app. It is customizable. The function that it offers is such a great idea. The Fear Of Missing Out is a great motivator in online sales. We have multiple​ clicks on the FOMO popups/alerts every day. It works even when sales are low. It rotates sales and makes your site look as if it's​ very busy with current sales. You can customize the look and placement of the alerts.

Cons: No Cons. It does what it says it should do.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Mike W.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2017

"Fomo is amazing. We use it on idetail.io a mobile detailing service. It's super easy to setup."

Comments: More online conversions.

Pros: When people go on a website, they need to see there's live action going through the site, hence FOMO. it's like going to a restaurant, people will be attracted to the restaurant that looks busy and have the longest line.
Everything about this software is great. The support team is amazing also, willing to respond within hours to any question I have.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2017
Rachael L.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2017

"Business School Selling Techniques in Action"

Pros: The most useful class I took during my MBA was about how to influence others. Selling psychology has become a favorite topic of mine as it relates to eCommerce. The Fomo app allows me to put psychology theory into action. And customers respond well to it! Even friends have mentioned how cool it was to see what people were buying when they were shopping on the site.

Cons: The cost is a little high for the value it adds. I'm also afraid that it takes too long to load on my site.

Adam T.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Everything from install to customer experiences has been seamless!"

Comments: Great customer interaction and helps ensure the customers that they are purchasing from an establish brand.

Pros: Easy install. The ability to customize the aspects that we want but not so many options that it becomes unusable.

Cons: I really can't think of much that I don't like. Possibly a little easier ability to brand and customize that aspect of the popup.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Casey A.
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"Great app, easy to customize."

Pros: The built-in design options are solid, relatively easy set-up, easy to customize as well. Particularly easy when working with a shopify store

Cons: I've frankly had some struggles working with fomo when dealing with non-shopify sites (just plain-old html sites) - their form input automation tool worked pretty well, but we had a lot of issues with users seeing FOMO notifications that they weren't supposed to (Even when we "shut off" fomo, users still got notifications days after)

Steve C.
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2017

"Never before have I had such awesome support"

Comments: I've struggled with plug-ins for my website ever since, well, ever since I've had a website.
I wanted to test this social proof extension, but it wasn't working on my site. The developer, responded better than I have ever known, with prompt and considered support to get his software working on my site - and now it does - exactly as it should.
As a marketing agency I wanted to test this on one of my own sites prior to recommending to clients - I see great value in what is being developed here and would encourage others to take a look. I already have a number of client sites I am keen to sign up for the service.
We all know how important social proof is in our own purchases - I found this software through a recommendation on twitter!
I can wholeheartedly recommend Ryan and the team at fomo - not only is it a great product, but they are so great to work with.
P.S. I rarely gush... but this was a truly special experience.

Pros: It is simple yet effective

Cons: As yet, nothing

• Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Mike G.
Logistics Manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2017

"Fomo is easy to use and helps drive conversions"

Comments: Improved conversions

Pros: Fomo is easy to set up, the customisation for both mobile and desktop means that i can tailor a solution for all of my customers regardless of platform.

Cons: Having to log into an external website can be annoying at times. Other than that thought its a well structured website offering a great service

• Reviewed on 28/09/2017
Brent R.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Social proof the RIGHT way"

Comments: FOMO is solid and not going anywhere. They are leaders in the social proof space, and they are always adding new features. They understand and appreciate that many visitors don't like the "normal" uses of social proof, and have built features designed to let you be more creative. Everything can be customized, you can precisely target users, and you can create notifications for almost anything that happens on your site.

Pros: I love that FOMO just seems to get it. So many social proof apps just focus on sneaky marketing, at least that's how it feels. FOMO is flexible and understand that social proof is about more than dishonest spamming of your visitors with popups. You can adjust everything using custom parameters, or you can have FOMO watch your form submissions, or track other events on your site, and show notifications appropriate for those. It's flexible and you can tell the team wants to let you use social proof in more creative ways.

Cons: Some of the workflow could be improved. For some of the advanced features, you will need some technical experience or VERY lite coding knowledge to set it up. Most things can be figured out, but I would love to see a slightly more polished system in this area.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Daniel G.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"FOMO has helped increase conversions better than imagined."

Comments: Increases conversions and helps customers make decisions regarding what to purchase.

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it helps new, less experienced customers easily decide which products to purchase based on what other customers are buying. When buying spirits online, there are so many choices and it can be overwhelming for first time visitors. But when they choose a product based on popups that show product reviews, number of purchases per product, and more, it gives them peace of mind knowing that others have already tried and enjoyed the product.

Cons: We have been using FOMO for only a few months but there have been no cons so far. Some minor issues with WooCommerce on mobile. But the issues have since disappeared after WooCommerce was updated.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2017

"Believe the hype - This is the best website app EVER!"

Comments: Yes fomo is easy to use, it's great value for money and has tons of integrations. But the real reason why it's it's the best app that I've EVER used because it makes me money. Results are more or less instant and pays for itself a thousand times over. I'm now running fomo on all three of my e-commerce websites and you should too!

Pros: It far exceeded my expectations and instantly boosted my conversion rates.

Cons: None. I just wish they had more apps for me to use on my websites.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2017
Partner
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"As a community-oriented website, FOMO does a great job of creating a sense of constant activity."

Comments: Conversions.

Pros: The control and integrations. It does a great job of letting you use FOMO exactly how you need to use it.

Cons: I was a fairly early adopter, so had some hiccups, but their development team quickly addressed the problems.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2017
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Increase engagement and conversions"

Comments: Support was helpful and the tool is very effective.

Pros: Definitely increases engagement and conversions. Very effective and easy software.

Cons: Wish it was a little easier to implement with magento but pretty straightforward.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Stephanie V.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2017

"Great app so far! Easy to install and works right away!"

Pros: I'm currently on the second day of the free trial and it's working well so far! It makes the site look better and I love how it's so easy to install. Will definitely be continuing once the trial period is over. I definitely think it's a must have feature if you have an e-commerce website.

Cons: So far nothing yet! The only thing I couldn't do was upload a photo to the dummy and when I clicked on it the URL was broken. I'm not sure if that was a fault on our end when we set up or if this feature is not available yet.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2017