15 years helping British businesses

About Vagaro

Vagaro is an all-in-one scheduling software to get booked, process payments, market & grow your business. Free training when you join!

Learn more about Vagaro

Pros:

I like the professional view and the ease with integration.

Cons:

Poor customer service with and attitude. Difficult to use for for more then 1-2 people.

Vagaro ratings

4.7

9.1/10

Vagaro has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 3,380 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Vagaro before?

Filter reviews (3,380)

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to Manage your Appointments and Scheduling

Comments: The Vagaro solution has really exceed our expectations, we needed a solution to schedule, update and follow up our consultants appointments and this tools has become a part of our day to day operations.

Pros:

Excellent tool to book appointments online, very easy to use and implement. Saved us a lot of money increasing the efficiency from our consultants performance. Our [sensitive content hidden]receive confirmations and reminders, really supporting our business.

Cons:

The main issue is the price, I believe it could be a little lower, they charge per user. A free version would be awesome!

Alternatives Considered: Booker

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: We changed from having our schedules in Microsoft Outlook because we needed a specialized tool that help us become more time efficient.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: While doing the cost-benefit analysis Vagaro otained the highest value.

Rachel
Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, we are happy with Vagaro and the support we receive.

Pros:

Vagaro fits our needs for our spray tanning and teeth whitening business. Very user friendly and improvements are always being made. Customer service is excellent.

Cons:

On a few rare occasions over the past 4 years that Vagaro has gone down during business hours, it completely disables our business. Can't see the calendar or check out clients.

Alternatives Considered: Helios Salon Software and TanTrack

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: In 2019, we opened a second location and we needed software that would support multiple locations.

Switched From: Helios Salon Software

Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

Vagaro is a double edged sword

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: when i pointed this stuff out to support, they gaslighted me pretty hard, saying if I wanted that sort of functionality (not having my clients have to perform 3-5 clicks to get to the right service/product) that i should buy their hosted web design? ummm no im good i dont want to build a website on their platform They seem friendly but if you ask any technical questions they have been trained to sidestep them and offer solutions that are more beneficial to Vagaro than your spa/salon etc. Be careful!!!

Pros:

pretty straightforward to setup - the onboarding was weird bc they wouldn't allow multiple stakeholders to attend the onboarding meeting from multiple accounts?

Cons:

You should carefully decide whether you want to support Vagaro - here's why. The #1 reason we initially were looking at integrating Vagaro into our business was seamless bookings. They offer a pretty robust backend that makes it easy to add products/services and schedule them to a calendar. Unfortunately, if you want a very frictionless experience for your potential customers to book an appointment, there is a dangerous trade-off. #1: where your reviews live Vagaro's software prominently highlights / promotes leaving reviews on THEIR platform, which in the end benefits Vagaro's landing pages (which they rank on Google for local services, then they promote your competitors to that platform) #2 if you want to direct link to specific services or products you sell with a booking widget, you can't do that on your own website. You have to generate a link and send people to Vagaro.com This is problematic because now your potential customer/client is on a website which advertises your competitors.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your insights and concerns regarding your experience with Vagaro. We strive to provide the best possible service, and your feedback is invaluable to us. At Vagaro, we offer personalized onboarding sessions for a one-on-one experience, along with weekly live webinars designed to help multiple users become familiar with our software. Additionally, you have the option to create direct links to your services in your Service/Class menu. It's important to note that your landing page features your business only. We value transparency and continuous improvement. Your feedback plays a crucial role in our efforts to enhance our software. You can submit suggestions and ideas for improvement on feedback.vagaro.com. Rest assured, we take your concerns seriously and are committed to addressing them to the best of our ability. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your ongoing support.

Jeanette
Cosmetics, Self Employed

A great alternative for small business

Comments: I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude to [sensitive content hidden] for her outstanding support and assistance in setting up my account with Vagaro. Her dedication to ensuring a smooth onboarding process truly made all the difference. Throughout our interactions, [sensitive content hidden] exhibited a remarkable level of professionalism, patience, and expertise. She guided me through the setup process with clarity and precision, addressing all my questions and concerns along the way. Her warm demeanor and genuine enthusiasm for assisting customers shone through, making the experience both productive and enjoyable.

Pros:

Vagaro offers incredible value for the money. With affordable pricing plans and a wealth of features included in each, it's a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes. You get more bang for your buck with Vagaro compared to other platforms.

Cons:

Have not encountered any cons so far, everything has been very smooth

Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent time management tool for startups and SMEs

Comments: Through the years, I've tried a number of other online scheduling tools, but Vagaro is far and away the finest option for companies of any size. Vagaro has considered every detail, including cost, usability, online tutorial videos, quality customer service, and a plethora of customizable features like gift card and credit card integration, as well as email and marketing tools.

Pros:

Excellent service is a major selling point for me. Their instant messaging service is quick and simple to use. The program is constantly updated, making it seem better and better while improving its functionality.

Cons:

I'm not sure I have many complaints because they seem to listen to their consumers and address any issues that arise. The biggest challenge has been teaching customers how to properly pronounce the name.

Consumer Services, Self Employed

Vagaro gets the job done.. ALWAYS SEEM TO IMPROVE

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall it has been satisfactory, which is why I am still here. The inconvenience of setting up another platform has not been worth the move to another platform

Pros:

Ease of use, consistency of good customer service and added features

Cons:

High email/text marketing costs, high rates to process payments, inability to credit/rollover unused portion of marketing plan ( ie. if I pay for 5k emails and only use 2k, it would be nice to allow rollover of unused portion) Especially due to the fact that there have been many glitches or unexplained sends that were not actually sent!! We have so much wasted money due to this

Cory
Owner and Nurse Practitioner in US

Great Med Spa office organizing tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wonderful! It is used by several members of our staff for various aspects of our clinic operations.

Pros:

Ease of use and affordability! Also, HIPAA compliance, inventory tracking, & online booking! This is THE program that holds our clinic together and allows us to continue to operate effectively.

Cons:

Sometimes, it doesn’t connect well through our WiFi firewall for some reason, but it’s easy enough to hotspot for access if/when this happens.

Alyssa
Veterinary Technician in St Kitts & Nevis
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Avid vagaro user

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I am fortunate enough that all the cosmetic places I go to (hair, nail, eyebrows, spay) use the Vagaro software. There I have been using Vagaro for years and I love it. It is easy to use, they remind me of appointments and I can add multiple services to my cart. It's easy for me to share with friends and family as well, and it is just as easy to follow with the older generation.

Cons:

I like the dark mode featuers on iPhone and Vagaro does not have that but that is not a big deal. Other than that, I have no complaints. It is easy to schedule, cancel appointments and see when your providers have availability.

Penny
Owner Creator in US

Trial Happy!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: So good so far! I am excited to go live soon!

Pros:

Entire setup process was easier than I thought

Cons:

The unfortunate essential initial time-consuming acclimation to something new

Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Vagaro takes online appointment scheduling to a whole new level

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I really enjoy how the team helps me get through virtually anything I have encountered so far of running my business. With the expansion to 2 other states I felt at ease and comfortable moving forward with them. You will be well taken care of with the Vagaro system and team.

Pros:

The features just blow me away. I could spend a year implementing all the options and still get more. The customer service team is sensational and always there.

Cons:

Just learning all the options to handle for customer/clientele management. There is a lot to learn with the Vagaro product. It takes time to absorb it all, but it is definitely worth it or I would not be still with them years later. I am proud to say I use their service to not only you but my clients.

Tabitha
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Switched to Vagaro from Booker and I hate it but I’m trapped

Comments: I would not recommend Vagaro to a company in the spa/massage industry. The program has potential but the errors listed above cost us hundreds of extra dollars a week and also put our most coveted asset, our reputation, at risk.

Pros:

We went with Vagaro because it had many of the features our customers were accustomed to, such as loyalty rewards and memberships.

Cons:

The customer memberships don’t roll over if the customer doesn’t use the service that month. The way the system tracks multi service prepaid packages, is confusing and nonsensical. I spend countless hours a month combing the system for these errors and it makes our company look incompetent to our customers.

3 years ago

Hi Tabitha, if you are experiencing any issues with the software, or need any help using any of our features our Support Team is available to help you 7 days a week. You can reach the Team at sales.vagaro.com/contact by phone, email, or live chat. Memberships do not have the ability to roll over, but our packages can be set to recur and be used like a membership but with the ability to roll over unused visits. We look forward to assisting you soon!

Jessica
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Over the past four years, Vagaro has been a huge help for me!

Comments: I have never had any problems in communications with Vagaro. They have always sent advance notice when they will not be in the office. Customer service has been excellent with rapid response any time that I have needed them. This is an excellent software to use for someone like myself, who is busy and running the business on my own.

Pros:

Vagaro is an excellent, simple, moderate-budget scheduling tool. There are add-on options that can improve your reach and your marketing, depending upon how much you need. They have improved their scheduling capabilities for fitness studio owners/administrators. As for set-up, on-ramping is simple and does not require long hours of education.

Cons:

I have had a lot of trouble getting the clients to use the software on their end. They haven't found it too user-friendly, but I do work with an older generation. I get about 50% compliance with account and scheduling tasks. It would be so helpful if a video were developed so they can easily set up on their own.

Alternatives Considered: ABC Trainerize and WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: MindBody was getting outrageously expensive. And they had WAY too many features that I was not interested in using. It got very complicated, very quickly.

Switched From: Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: Vagaro had simplicity and pricing for a business owner that was trying to simplify her tasks and shrink her business at the same time.

Hanin
Hanin
Spa Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

STAY AWAY FROM Vagaro & PAYDESK!

Comments: We’ve purchased the PAYDESK thinking it’s as legit as they made it sound on their website, We ended up with an everyday of non-ending frozen system, unable to accept clients appointment, unable to check out clients, we have to restart the system almost every time we need to check out client, or try to book a client. Unable to see client signature of the guest side, unable to have them complete forms on the guest side of the Pay Desk. We’ve been in contact with Support since the first couple days we have received the PayDesk. They have been procrastinating the process of solving the issues, scheduled multiple remote sessions to try to resolve the issues, which was a total fail! They requested videos of all the issues they couldn’t solve during the remote session they set up , and we provided, YET its been over 6 weeks of going back and forth of non-ending emails! They’ve solved absolutely NOTHING!! Everyone on the software team blames the hardware team, and here we are with a piece of crap device. They Won’t refund a device that was purchased in JULY 2022, and they have evidence of all the support tickets they’ve been receiving for the past 5 months which is since we have received. I have called and talked to many people who stated each time that would be the last time before they escalate it to the development team, and they’ll take an action! NOTHING was done.

Pros:

Absolutely NOTHING! They take forever to answer a phone call if you contact support! Which will be very often once you start using their system! They’ve always had issues solving the issues you calling in regards! The worst nightmare I made a decision to use Vagaro in my business

Cons:

TERRIBLE customer service, Unreliable devices, unreliable software, reckless team who does not care how frustrated you or you clients are with their system! Undelivered Services, and they've always had issues when trying to solve " the issues" you contact them in regard . They only charge money for everything you sign up for, but support for their terrible device can take up to 6 months with out any solving to the issues.

Alternatives Considered: Acuity Scheduling and ZENOTI

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: digital forms, cheaper processing fees then! square now offer even better EMR and lower competitive processing fees for Medical Spa

Switched From: Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: Because they're cheaper! however they're only cheap in customer service and quality! they're no longer cheaper than any other company.

HEATHER
Owner/Massage Therapist in US

Smart choice

Pros:

I love how easy the setup is. Vagaro walks you through every part of the software so you know exactly what to do and how to use it. Additional features are more advance. Love the build in marketing features and how easy it was to link to my personal website.

Cons:

cost of additional features. started at $25/ month now to get everything I need I was close to what I was paying for other software companies. However, the customer service is far better.

Alternatives Considered: Booker and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: price/ outdated. harder to do marketing through their software. too many steps. lots of error codes and it got to the point almost everyday something was wrong.

Switched From: Millennium

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: Customer service, easy to use. updated marketing. looks more professional than others.

4 years ago

Hello Heather, We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our software and our Support team! You are correct, the price does incrementally increase with the level of use - Vagaro is $25 a month for a single user and $10 for each additional user on your account up to seven total users. Anything above and beyond seven users are free. We also offer premium features such as credit card processing, email & text marketing, online forms and check-in app which attract an additional fee. Our Support staff is here to answer any additional questions you may have or walk you through the full functionality of the software, to ensure you are getting the most value for your money. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone at (925) 464-1932, or send an email to [email protected] and one of our agents will respond quickly. Regards, Dan C.

Katrina
Cosmetologist in US

Part time gal

Comments: The financial tracking and break downs are very simple and easy.

Pros:

I really love that with this software, everything is pretty much in one place. The POS is relatively easy to use and I havent had many issues at all. The customization adds a nice flair as well.

Cons:

There are only TWO things that come to mind. 1. I wish I could set certain days through out the month and not necessarily certain weekly hours. I am a part time worker and I work a random three days every week. My clients are not allowed to book through the online part because I cant pick the days I will be available without it being a reoccurring weekly schedule. If it is, I havent figured it out and would love to know how to do so! 2. Fridays/ weekends it takes FOREVER to get my transfer into my bank. Its very frustrating at times due to the fact that I am a very small business and don't have large transactions frequently.

Alternatives Considered: Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: I used the old pen & paper style schedule book and always found myself telling people that I didnt have my appointment book on me. Now I always do because its right on my phone and has been very convenient for my business and has helped it grow.

Switched From: Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: My coworker uses it and she told me that it made doing her taxes easier to accomplish without the stress and that is right up my ally!

Leasa
Hairdresser in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Easy and most of all fun!

Comments: Even my least tech savy staff love this app. It's like their own little business is their pocket.
You can update colour themes and making the app look visually pretty and personalised is also a great feature.
Overall it does what I need it to do and makes my life easier. What else could you ask for.

Pros:

This system is the easiest I have used and has the most features for a decent price. Has most of the things I need and clients always comment on how super easy the online booking system is. Needless to say we get a lot of clients booking online The mobile part of the system is the easiest I have used and you can do so much from your phone

Cons:

A few things need to be customisable such as the text message system especially in Australia. Probably needs text message marketing options as well. It could be a little easier to add services to existing services. You currently have to pretend to checkout the client and add the service there. It's easy to delete or alter services on an existing booking but not to add the service.

Alternatives Considered: Timely

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: It had the most features of any products I had previously used and each update just makes it better and better

Switched From: Simple Salon

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: More features and easier to use

4 years ago

Hi Leasa, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Amanda
Owner/ Instructor in US

We love Vagaro

Comments: It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros:

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons:

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

3 years ago

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Elizabeth
LMT, Owner in US

Easy to setup and use

Pros:

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons:

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Alternatives Considered: Mindbody, MassageBook, Schedulicity and Noterro

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: Square had JUST started to offer forms for clients to fill out, and because they just released that feature, it was in a terrible state. First time clients needed to fill out AT LEAST 4 forms, sometimes up to 6 depending on what they were coming in for. Square would have me send each of those forms out individually. So a first time client would receive not only the booking email and reminder email, but 4 separate emails for paperwork. Who has time for that?!

Switched From: Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: All the other products were missing a component I was wanting. Some didn't have a good booking site. Some didn't include a POS system. Some were just too expensive. Vagaro was the most similar to Square, but better.

3 years ago

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Tatiyana
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Comments: Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros:

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons:

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

Alternatives Considered: Booker, Rosy and Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: The last one I was with was Mindbody. After the pandemic I found that Mindbody was failing as a company. Their customer service plummeted and I did not feel like I was paying for that quality anylonger. The merchant fees were outrageously expensive. The quality of the software was not the same and I was no longer happy with their service.

Switched From: Mindbody and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: Cost! It looked good for the price. It was pretty straight forward and seemed like it had all the features I was looking for when I made the switch.

3 years ago

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

JENNIFER
OWNER/OPERATOR in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed

Fantastic for this one-woman show

Comments: Very affordable booking/confirmation system, credit card processing, inventory management and reports included, these are my baseline needs and Vagaro fulfills them 90% well. They were very helpful when signing up and helped me import most of my needed info, not perfectly, but pretty well. That is the end of actual human interaction though and sometimes an actual HUMAN customer service conversation by phone would be appreciated.

Pros:

Very easy to use on both desktop and mobile; great price for what you get, especially for a small or individual practice--calendar, email/sms confirmations, online booking (if you choose to use that); reports (though either I haven't found some yet or they could be improved, i.e. I accept checks and it gives me a total for check deposit, but not the # of checks); integrated payment system takes clear and fair CC fees out as they occur, COVID clean checkout can send signature/gratuity page to clients mobile; a la carte pricing, i.e. I needed "forms" for sending COVID forms, but can cancel that portion anytime and save $10/mo if not needed; Inventory management--could be improved, but for around $30/mo, can't be beat from what I've found.

Cons:

Deposit reports: how many checks are in the total that I need to deposit for a period of time? Would save me from adding all checks manually to see if amounts match; Inventory: To adjust current inventory items, it seems I need to do it item by item... they have a "mass edit", but I have never figured out how to get it to work for me and I HAVE contacted support about this issue, the back and forth chat is exhausting and sometimes you need to step away from the computer for a reason and the chat ends. Pricing on Service items: There should be a button to allow the pricing to show in the Appt and/or confirmation emails, if I want the price to show, I have to make it part of the Service title, thus when my prices change, I have to change each of those titles manually. I have clients who like to prewrite checks and they need to easily know the price ahead of time.

Alternatives Considered: MassageBook and Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: Booker was great for the individual or small business when they first came on the scene, now their minimum price (with fantastic features, online booking/sales whether you want them or not) is $129/month, that is ridiculous for one person to pay and they didn't want to work with me even though I'd been with them for over 10 years (when it was $25/month for an individual to have all of those things). I understand inflation, but clearly they only wanted to work with larger accounts and that is their business decision to make.

Switched From: Booker

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: Inventory management was the big reason, I don't believe either of the above had them at the time....

Salon manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Awful booking system

Comments: Overall I would never recommend! It’s slow, buggy and the features do not outweigh how it bogs down your business and create lines up front because checking out is such a problem.

Pros:

The only thing I like about Vagaro was cancelling. I miss a few features versus our new system, but overall the system does not have a lot of pros besides being able to color code services.

Cons:

The software itself is slow, buggy and we had multiple problems with it. After repeated calls to customer service they blamed it on our internet service which I upgraded with no change. I called back and they blamed my computer, to which I upgraded memory to make the computer faster. I continued to have issues. We just cancelled in January and they continue to bill me monthly, even after repeated attempts to get them to stop. Customer service takes an hour to get through to a person and they are not helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Square Appointments

Switched From: Booker

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: I wish I hadn’t. I now have square and though all the features aren’t 100% how I’d want them I pay less and I process a credit card in seconds and jump from day to day with ease!

2 years ago

Hello Julie. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and sincerely apologize if that was not your experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to us by emailing [email protected]

Michelle
owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to Setup

Comments: other than the con above all is good. that is why i stayed with them and didn't go with the square for booking appointments. Once you get used to everything vagaro has to offer going somewhere else is hard.

Pros:

I like just about everything about this software. I have used alot of them and this one is far the best in terms of setting up- very easy to do doesn't require alot of time on your part. It has a lot of features included with set price but if you want to upgrade then you do based on your usage. Now i use the POS system because of the creditcard feature. It costs additional $10 a month for the online part of it but it was worth it to me. and depending on how much your sales are it could cost additional $10 a month too.

Cons:

The only con i see so far is we have a cancellation fee of 1/2 of service and we are trying to figure out if we wanted to charge say like $50 instead of the full 1/2 - just wondering if we can override that . It is all so new to us. One more thing - it would be nice to if we could decide on the certain clients who abuse the cancellation thing to put something on their chart - what i have done is for online booking require acceptance so we can do that.

Alternatives Considered: Square Point of Sale and Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: the square just had to many addons $$ i might have saved a few dollars maybe but having to put in all my services everything i have with vagaro that would have been a nightmare and i really didn't want to give up my off days for it.

elyssa
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

The Best Ive Ever Used!

Pros:

Vagaro is so user friendly for us in the salon and for our clientele. Everyone loves the simplicity of online booking and the reminders

Cons:

It was a little confusing t first when I began putting my retail products in the system. I was able to figure it out pretty quickly but it was a struggle to start.

Alternatives Considered: Meevo

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro: Glossgenius made it difficult to put a card on file unless booking online and square started charging an unreasonable amount for features that had been free for such a long time on top of raising their credit card fees all at the same time

Switched From: Square Payments and GlossGenius

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro: The features and price

Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Okay, but only because the competition is more terrible.

Comments: Customer service can be spotty. Their support site is reasonable for the basic cases but is severely lacking in the actual nitty gritty of running the operations-- for example issuing refunds and voiding transacions is non-intuitive. Support team ignored my request for a demo. Support team dropped entirely off of my live chat and after ignoring half of my questions, and when they were responsive didn't actually address my full question. Their 30 day trial is a bait and switch since you can't actually test or try the billing flow from the customer's prospective without paying for the first month. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they are scammy but it certainly does not leave a good impression. Their software is feels designed for salons with a minimal attempt to hamstring it into a fitness scenarios. It can work ok for a sole proprietor in this sense but for anyone who is running a gym with more than one instructor you're stuck between a reasonably good looking piece of software lacking in many features for a reasonable(ish) price and other dated alternatives which checks for more boxes but comes with it's own baggage. It pains me to says that I'm with this company despite all of their shortcomings. Interactions with support can be pleasant punctuated by frustration. Fairly basic things which are missing is, again frustrating. Choosing Vagaro over the competition is like choosing Comcast because the only other option is get dial up.

Pros:

Vagaro is bette price than competitors and has a pretty up to date UI. It makes online reservation reasonably which is a must when trying to attract millennials. It tries to bring everything in house which could create opportunities for tighter integration. There is some hope that the software will improve as there is a lot of low hanging fruit and their CEO/Head of product has a clear strategy on how to take on the market. Support can be pleasant and responsive if you encounter the right staff. They have a lot of advanced features (though they are missing a lot of polish an finesse-- see below)

Cons:

Some of the ui is non intuitive but with creative searching of the support site you can find the answer. It's better if you can get someone to handhold you through the process--- and that's a big if. Software is missing some pretty basic features: 1/ Unable to link directly to a service provider, class, workshop, package, etc. It makes it very difficult to promote these things via ads or social media 2/ E-mails lack calendar reminder attachment for people to add to their calendar 3/ Lack of a list for classes/workshops. Older populations have difficulty finding or seeing the search bar for the classes. 4/ Lacking HIPAA support despite having SOAP note support 5/ Inability to customize new client email, appointment reminders etc. 6/ Inability to run new client discounts. 7/ Inability to actually see how the customers will actually interact with the platform as documentation / demo is woefully inadequate. 8/ Workshops feature is pretty haphazardly put together. It's just a class that runs over a series of dates. No options for early bird pricing. No options for custom dates. You're better off handling workshops through eventbrite or eventbee. 9/ Inability to provide detailed feed back such as this. I'm a customer who's paying _despite_ their shortcomings. I may have even conducted more user testing on Vagaro than the employees. They seem content in having their dirty laundry aired in a public medium.

Cassandra
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Vagaro has been in business 9 years?!

Comments: Even though Vagaro is an improvement in a lot of ways compared to what we had, I wouldn't recommend it to another salt therapy spa. You say you are a salon and spa software. We operate a lot like a massage spa does, but your software does not function well for our needs. Please make the following changes:
Allow for relationships between members
Allow for a membership to be shared with others, where on person pays for it
Allow employees who use the Vagaro system to also use the same email to be a client somewhere else.
Allow recurring scheduling for classes to be unlimited
Allow the business owner/manager to make the decision of what Vagaro permissions they give to their
employees
Make merging profiles easy
Keep duplicate profiles from happening for no reason

Pros:

I own a salt therapy spa. The color coded calendar is really nice. It is easy to book clients into classes and appointments. Checking clients out is not perfect, but ok most of the time). I will put the rest of my complaints here, since it limits characters in the Cons. Clients cannot use the same email if they have used another Vagaro merchant. Families also can't use the same email on different profiles. We have a client who has been with us for over a year. She recently went to work for a massage therapist who uses Vagaro. Now, we are locked out of her account and cannot even change to a different email she gave us. The answer from Vagaro was to have her use our work computer to sign into her employee Vagaro account and make changes on our system. When I told tech support that is unprofessional and ridiculous to have my clients making changes to their account on our system, I was told that's not unprofessional at all. Uhm! Yes it is. I asked to speak to a Vagaro manager, was told they don't work on the weekends and that I couldn't leave a message to get a call back. I was told I would be responsible for calling back myself. I am also not happy that I cannot give permissions to my employees that I need them to have. I need them to be able to upload excel sheets for certain things. That is only a manager permission. What's going to happen when I open other locations? I pay employees to get things off my plate so I can run my business.

Cons:

I don't think this system is good for a business with several employees. I do not like that we can not make family relationships. We sell family memberships and need for one person (usually the parent) to sign everyone out under the one membership. However, the way it is set up, we check the parent out and the have to comp the kids. That makes it look like we do a lot of comping of sessions. It makes me wonder how a fitness facility using Vagaro does their family memberships? Scheduling a client for a recurring class is also not very friendly. You can only schedule them for 20 classes and no more. I have clients that come 3 times a week faithfully. There is no way for a reminder to add them back in. However, you can book recurring appointments forever. It should be consistent for classes as well. We have had trouble with client profiles duplicating themselves. We can't figure out why that happens. Then, merging the clients is a problem. Half the time we try to do that, it doesn't let us, because it says they are the same person.....very confusing and difficult to deal with. I'm not totally happen with the merchant processing. On more than one occasion, we've had clients try to pay for services or retail with a gift card they got. When we try to use it, it won't process. The answer that we got from Vagaro is that about 50% of the time, the merchant bank doesn't allow certain gift cards to be used. As a small business owner, that is very embarrassing.