• Overall
    4.7 /5

About Vagaro

Use Vagaro Salon, Spa & Fitness Software to get booked, process payments, send reminders and market your business. Starts at $25/month.

Learn more about Vagaro

Showing 2,514 reviews

Michele M.
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2021

"Vagaro at Take Two Salon"

Comments: What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros: Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons: If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

by Vagaro on 04/05/2021

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

• Reviewed on 03/05/2021
Tatiyana B.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Everything you need to know about Vagaro"

Comments: Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros: What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons: The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

by Vagaro on 17/03/2021

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Charolett j. H.
Spa Owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Cannot Book Couples Massage"

Comments: Overall, good software for spa, but just amazed that simple features are missed.

Pros: I love that there are many benefits for clients, easy tutorials and for the most part Spa friendly.

Cons: I am appalled there is no feature to book couples massage. How did the tech designers miss something so simple. Couples book appointments at spas all this time, so how is a software designed for spas not have couples services required for 2 service providers? Its very frustrating having to create services then bundling them together in order to have 2 service providers. This feature should not be this complicated.

by Vagaro on 03/08/2020

Hi Charolett, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Sara S.
owner/studio suite stylist
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Great Booking System"

Comments: It has over all been pretty great especially now that they give notice when updates are happening and the system goes down.

Pros: The Customer service has quick response and my customers find it user friendly

Cons: Well first of all I know over 1000 stylist use this yet our industry is not listed in the pick an industry choice. So in case you don't know it is called the beauty industry, not cosmetics and not consumer services.
Any how I do wish the reports were more streamlined some how I do feel like I always need to go to a different screen to find out different reports.

by Vagaro on 12/12/2020

Hi Sara, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Autumn M.
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2020

"Great App for your business."

Comments: My experience has been positive so far but it does have some problems that need to be worked on so the system can be the best on the market Ever!

Pros: I love the fact that I can easily book a client and rebook a client. The calendar is set up very nicely and organized. I have used a lot of systems in the past and this one is the best I have used. I love that I can also easily move a client's appointment to a different day and time without cancelling and rescheduling it.

Cons: I do not like that the software has some problem when a client is searching (anytime) for a service in vagaro and my page does not show up because (anytime) doesn't mean (anytime) it means at that moment. Which is very frustrating because anytime should mean search anytime. With covid and hours changing that is causing us to lose business because our company is only by appointment. This needs to be fixed. I also do not like that you can't add time in for cleaning. With covid happening I should be able to have a time slot that is for cleaning 30 minutes so a client cannot book during that time. Another flaw.

by Vagaro on 11/11/2020

Hi Autumn, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

• Reviewed on 09/11/2020
Jennifer C.
hairstylist
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"vagaro"

Comments: Everything has always been great since i have been using this app.
I have tried others and this is the BEST in my opinion!

Pros: I love how easy this app is..
My clients LOVE the reminders and I LOVE I don't have to send them!
Through COVID this company has been amazing!!!

Cons: I love everything
I haven't had any issues at all..

by Vagaro on 13/08/2020

Hi Jennifer, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Tammy M.
Salon Coordinator
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2020

"Exactly what our salon has been looking for!"

Comments: Overall, Vagaro has saved me so much time as the salon coordinator. It has made things that used to be tedious, time-consuming, and ineffective so simplified. Our out-dated system had limited options on many things. The auto-texting for reminder's (previously we did all reminders by calling clients) saved out life. It has saved us on no-show appts, clients showing up at wrong times, etc. We have even saved $ on the amount of appt cards we use because client's just want the text message instead of a physical card.

Pros: SO USER FRIENDLY! Our stylist's were so intimidated by getting a new software, especially after using the same, outdated one for over 15 + years. Many of them aren't the most tech-savvy individuals, but it took hardly any time at all the train them on the system. They LOVE having the ability to see their schedules from the personal smart phone/ tablet when they aren't at work. Our client's LOVE their texting reminders.

Cons: One of the main things I do wish were able to be customized would be on the daily ticket sheets we print each day. I would like to edit the amount of history for each client that is shown so that multiple pages do not print out for each client. The font is small and so i have to print it to be larger and then it ends up printing multiple unnecessary pages out.

by Vagaro on 12/08/2020

Hi Tammy, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

• Reviewed on 22/07/2020
Christy C.
Salon Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"I love the format of the software"

Comments: I love that I do not need other services like Demand Force or Square for invoices and Gift Card Sales when using Vagaro. I can now customize Vargaro to do the same things in 1 software and in 1 payment per month!

Pros: I love that the software is able to customized to my salon company needs. I love the email and text message marketing. I am still learning the program and all the add on services available. This month my 2 favorite features have been the invoice capability to be able to sell products to our clients while shut down for 30 days and then the ability to email & text clients of the current status of the salon closure.

Cons: Reports are either not as detailed as I need or trying to pull collected information. For example, I wish I could pull a list of new clients who visited our company last month. I also wish I could mas tag a group of clients like tag all customers who bought "Color and haircut" or a specific product. Ability to mass tag would give my more marketing power as I listed in what I love most about the software.

by Vagaro on 09/04/2020

Hi Christy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Michelle B.
Owner/Founder
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"Vagaro Cares About Customer Service/Support"

Comments: Overall experience, great value for what they offer, outstanding customer service/support that you can actually talk to over the phone and money maker option.

Pros: The fact that I can get a LIVE human being on the phone to help me with just about anything I need relating to the site. The folks in customer care and always patient, kind and helpful...even when I have grumpier days. Grateful to these wonderful beings!

Cons: Well, I really would like it to integrate with a virtual receptionist like www.ruby.com As my business has grown, I'd love to be able to have this feature available to further help myself and my clientele. I also would prefer that the booking function automatically NOT allow for a customer to book sections that I've blocked off for time in between clients. The customer sees something different from what I see right now regarding this piece and we need to be on the same page with this.

by Vagaro on 26/03/2020

Hi Michelle, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Scott S.
Stylist and Colorist / Booth Renter
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Total salon management suite at a very reasonable price."

Comments: Since I am independent contractor and responsible for booking my own appointments, this really frees up a lot of time that I would have to spend on the phone booking and confirming appointments. Also helps me keep track of so many aspects of my business so I know at a glance what needs to be addressed, how and when. I have considered using other options and even signed up for a couple of trials but in the end I have stayed with Vagaro because nothing else has impressed me enough to switch.

Pros: Many available features and you only pay for what you need to use. Very intuitive interface and comprehensive online tutorials to help if you need help.
I work in a salon with others who don't use salon management software and still do everything "old school". I am amazed at how much more time they spend on the things that Vagaro simply takes care of for me such as allowing my clients to book their own appointments online 24/7 and sending reminders and confirming appointments. I keeps track of my retail inventory and lets me know when I need to reorder and the customization of reports really help me see what areas of my business need attention.

Cons: When I recently changed salons and starting booth renting for the first time, I was advised by Vagaro that my client information would be transferred to my new Vagaro account with the previous salon owners permission. However, once I set up the new account the only thing that was transferred was client names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and appointment notes. NO CLIENT HISTORY AT ALL! I had over 1000 client names and I had no idea when they were in last, how often they came in, what services they booked. Customer service was not much help as this point since client history simply isn't something that they transfer as part of client data so not much they could do. I hope they add this feature in the future since it's really the only negative (although a pretty big one for me). I was able to send an email blast to the clients who had provided an email address but that still left a LOT of people who still needed to be identified as current clients and notified of my move. The process was far more labor intensive than it ever should have been and the length of time it took definitely cost me time and money.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Dianne R.
CMT
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2019

"Great app, but missing some key requirements for 2020 appointment booking, customer mgmt"

Comments: Not the best. Development is not designed for real business processes in the health and wellness industry. Explaining to customer service what issues are is NOT productive. Customer Service reps are NOT trained, but learn on the job, most calls are put on hold while CS rep confirms with experienced personel, sometimes as long as 15 min. Hold and wait times are extremely ong

Pros: Inexpensive, easy to set up, basic appt booking and packages available

Cons: Pkg use is not based on value, rather on total paid divided by # used
Monthly subscription is not user friendly, 6 month subscription should ONLY renew every 6 months vs each month which confuses customer
Emails should NOT be sent for every change to calendaring as sometimes rebooking, re re booking is needed and even though during rebooking I can select NOT to send to customer, Vagaro sends ANYWAY based on customer being signed up to ever receive email/text/sms. To compensate, the work around is customer are NEVER set up to receive emails or text or SMS and all confirmations are done manually via NON AUTOMATED text Package totals cannot be modified after purchase. Ex: Owner policy is late cancel (48 hr notice required) or no show is full charge to customer. If client cancels same day and another client wants that appt time, both have to be booked on the same day at the same time in order to reduce package by 1 for no show client and charge package (or credit card) for client that really came and used that time slot. Although the user interface is titled modify # of remaining in package, the change DOES NOT change number remaining it changes total of package and thus all appts are repriced by the software, confusing both the accountant and the customer No reporting or "view" of client visits and charges from client account
Owner has to go to a separate function called reports, run transaction report (memorize when the client was at the shop..eg last 6 months) AND the repo

• Reviewed on 18/10/2019
Annie B.
owner/stylist
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2017

"So far the customer support has been great, and I love they have classes each Monday."

Pros: One vary cool thing about Vagaro is when you sign up as a single business owner or someone with a whole team, the encouraging words "You got this!" Made me smile. I knew this system would be a good fit if it could encourage me along the way to growing my business! What other company does that? The price seems vary reasonable and I love how my clients will get text reminders automatically after booking an appointment with me. Its so important these days as we can get so busy and forget an important appointment. Vagaro Pro seems to be vary user friendly and will be painless to train others to use. I have only been using Vagaro for a few weeks now for the free trial and I love the ease of navigation this program offers. I have used other computer systems and for the price I feel I will be getting quality for the investment. I have called tech support twice now and each time I have called with a question it seems as though the tech support team member was truly happy to help me. I also love how they offer classes weekly. This will be a great way to help me to continue to learn and train my staff. I have been in transition moving my business and location. The option to transfer all my client data from a spread sheet or my cell pone has been so helpful and a time saver. I feared I was going to have to enter each client one by one, but the import option made it so easy and only took a few minutes to do. I will be telling other business owners about this booking system. Its great!

Cons: One thing if find frustrating with most electronics is that the options change with different devices. The same is true with booking stytems. I was able to down load the Vagaro app for my cell phone, but not my desk top. It would be nice not to have to log on each time on my desk top, and just rather click an icon and my books open for me like it does on my cell phone. I would also like the open to test trial the Vagaro credit card services, but that is not included in the trial. One things I found challenging is customizing my service menu. Vagaro has so many services already input in the statement I have had to go through and delete many services I do not offer as well and filtering through the descriptions of each service I do want to keep. It would make it more simple to keep the service menu empty so the business owner can customize without having to delete and edit prices for services they want. Though, may be helpful to someone brand new to the industry. I also do not care for my clients to have access to online booking. I would rather be in charge when a guest needs a reservation so we give proper timing for each individual service. The only valuable thing for online booking would be for more guest control. I do not want to that up or maybe the idea is just too new for me. Also, you don't know is booking. Everything is so electronic these days. I would rather talk to a real person about my reservation then just book online, thinking costumer service communication.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2017
Dianne R.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2019

"Great Features"

Comments: Excellent. Solving so many business problems.
-Booking and changes readily
-Selling packages and memberships online that allow clients to either pay monthly or pay in total and then have access to "#" of treatments.
-Mobile app: allowing clients to book and buy online
-Text info to owner whenever a client requests an appointment so that owner can ACCEPT,

Pros: The appointment Booking and billing is great. Calendar user interface as well as syncing to Google Calendar is great. Sign on and processing time for each transactions is REALLY FAST! (I used mindbody previously and it redraws the entire screen with each data entry). Being able to format the calendar a little is great.

Cons: The requirement to access transaction reports to refund or edit a client transaction is frustrating. I want to be able to go to a clients account and do anything for the client from that account, specifically see their visits, what they have been charged and be able with all of that information in front of me, refund, void, or partial refund. No way to pay a therapist a tip without charging client a service first. Customer Service told me to create a product called tip and use that. But that means products which are used to calculate SALES TAX will be included in the same annual report as tips should ONLY be included as income and be part of the income tax calculation. Now I have to run revenue report for the year, AND separately product report. Then download into excel, parse out tips and add them to total revenue for state and federal income tax reporting. Shared packages. The software looks as if it was designed for hairdressers or spas who do NOT allow clients to share packages. My company has an advantage over ALL OTHER MASSAGE. My packages do NOT expire and CAN BE SHARED!!. Husbands and wives get a package BECAUSE they can share it. Calendar updates: would like to be able to drag and drop appointments vs open, edit and "book/save" Checkout: Ability to charge a client for anything, TIP, service, package etc
Checkout for packages, after selecting package the software forces user to select package AGAIN from a second screen, then AGAIN from a third screen, 4th scre

• Reviewed on 02/03/2019
Katy B.
salon owner
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2020

"Great software!!!"

Comments: This software is what makes my business operate smoothly on a day to day basis. I'm very grateful to have it and don't know what I would do without it.

Pros: This is such a user friendly software from the salon side and the customer side! My main attraction to this software was the ease of online booking and the ability to have multiple merchant accounts for independent contractors.

Cons: I wish that the purchase order function was a little more customizable. It won't create a purchase order that doesn't fit that parameters of product minimums. I wish that I could manually add things to the generated order.

by Vagaro on 16/04/2020

Hi Katy, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

• Reviewed on 05/04/2020
Tina W.
Hairstylist
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2020

"Simple and Easy"

Comments: I am completely satisfied, no complaints.

Pros: The ease and simplicity of using this app keeps my business running on a daily basis. To adding appointments on the go, to processing checkouts, to running daily reports, tracking appointment history, the breakdown of services sold yesterday or last year shows me the growth and ways to improve or change ways to expand my business. I could not imagine running my business without this app, I'm adding service offered through this app as my business continues to grow and I'm grateful all these services( credit card processing, website builder, just to name a few) are offered in this one easy simple app.

Cons: If I could change one thing about this software, it would be An option book an appointment through the clients name not just the calendar/scheduler

by Vagaro on 04/05/2020

Hi Tina, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

• Reviewed on 26/04/2020
Carol F.
Hairstylist
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"Great Value and easy to use"

Comments: I have never had an issue using the Vagaro for my salon based needs. I love the app for my phone as well the online booking option for my clients. It makes it very easy to run my business from both the salon and my home. It does take some thought and time to get everything set up they way I wanted it, but once I got it set up, it worked flawlessly for my needs.

Pros: The software was easy to set up and customize. You can use it as your front desk software for appointment booking, sending appointment reminders, sales, custom marketing, and customer files. It is very easy to customize it to fit whatever kind of business you have. I also love the android app for my phone, to kep track of my schedule while I am away from my business. I also love that my clients can use the online app to schedule their own appointments, based on parameters that I set up myself.

Cons: The Vagaro credit card system sometimes has issues based on the emails I receive. I personally don't use that system at the moment though.

by Vagaro on 21/04/2020

Hi Carol, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

• Reviewed on 11/04/2020
Anetress M.
Manicurist & Aesthetician
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Best Booking Software!"

Comments: The ability for my clients to be able to book conveniently is priceless.

Pros: I love how the clients have an app as well. It's very convenient!

Cons: I'd like to see a mass edit feature added. The only thing that inconvenienced me was having to add "gap times" one by one.

by Vagaro on 13/06/2020

Hi Anetress, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Yasmira T.
Hairdresser
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"great"

Comments: great

Pros: Vagaro has help me to get my business in order I love it

Cons: create email marketing, create a easy menu for my clients to do their own appointments on line

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
William K.
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2020

"Best for small operations"

Comments: great customer support. Easy to use. Will use Vagaro for additional stores.

Pros: ease of use: employees pick it up straightaway. Easy for me to run and export reports.

Cons: Wish it would import directly from Quickbooks online without having to go through excel export app

• Reviewed on 25/01/2020
Rene M.
esthetician
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"my opionion"

Pros: I love that I can use the mobile app to look at my schedule.

Cons: I don't like that you can't ring someone out with typing in a price, you HAVE to have it as a service to ring out. Not the end of the world, but sometimes it would be convenient.

by Vagaro on 10/11/2020

Hi Rene, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Mackenzie W.
Salon manager
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Vagaro review"

Comments: Vagaro has been a great tool for business as it tracks everything within the app and can be used from any device whether it is a phone or tablet.

Pros: I love the versatility of this software, you have everything you need for your business at your fingertips. The business I manage has used this on and off for four years, it has been our favorite to use because in one app you have scheduling, inventory management, checkout and sales, payroll, timecard where you can clock in and out, you name it. It’s an extremely convenient app.

Cons: The main issue we have had with the app is usually with the transaction devices that the software offers. We have had issues with the swipe attachment as well as the wireless card reader. When this happens you do have the option to enter in card information manually, however you are charged extra for it which is another con. Lastly, while it is a great app the monthly fees are quite expensive.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Dana G.
Massage Therapist/Owner
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"LOVE IT!!!!"

Comments: I love the Confirming of appointments, membership capabilities, package capabilities, keeping track of gift certificates.
I wish more pages would be an option on the website builder

Pros: I have totally enjoyed this software, it has allowed me to do things that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to do. It has made my life much easier! I highly recommend this for anyone looking to make their life easier when it comes to booking and keeping track of their business in more ways than you could think of. I love adding memberships to my practice, and making up package deals for my clients to buy. My clients enjoy getting the reminders and I enjoy not having to remember to send out reminders. I am letting the software work for me instead of me working for the software. Thank you Vagaro for such a user friendly software. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Cons: I would like for the website developing to have more page capabilities

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
George B.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2020

"Been using Vagaro over 10 years, love it"

Comments: Great software, very easy to use app. Customer support is real good too!

Pros: It's very easy to use once you get it set up. Using this will save you time and money.

Cons: I have no cons, I've always been happy using Vagaro.

by Vagaro on 08/12/2020

Hi George, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

• Reviewed on 06/12/2020
Kendra G.
Salon Owner
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2020

"Pretty Good To Use For my Business"

Comments: Overall it has been pretty good - fairly easy to use.

Pros: I like how mobile this option is. I can usually find what I need on my mobile device.

Cons: I feel like the reporting tools could be a little more customizable -
I wish we could have more control over editing who is in our system - even if they signed themselves up.
I would like to see how ofter ppl look up their password for online scheduling.

by Vagaro on 10/11/2020

Hi Kendra, we appreciate your review. Thank you for sharing your great ideas for how we can improve the software. You can share any ideas and feature requests with us 24/7 at feedback.vagaro.com

• Reviewed on 18/10/2020
Channing J.
Esthetician
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"Vagaro for the win!"

Comments: It took me a long time of trying other services to finally find Vagaro. They keep adding more services that make my life so much easier.

Pros: It's so multi-functional! the online forms and ability to take deposits are my favorite additions though

Cons: It does have some hiccups sometimes. Like right now I'm having a hard time editing forms and services. But it could be my computer or something

by Vagaro on 25/02/2020

Hi Channing, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020