15 years helping British businesses

About Showpass

Empower large-scale events with cutting-edge technology and strategic business partnerships, ensuring guests have the best experience.

Learn more about Showpass

Pros:

The buyer pre-pays and that helps with our budget too.

Showpass ratings

4.5

8.5/10

Showpass has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 377 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Showpass before?

Justin
Justin
Marketing and Graphic Designer in Canada
Sports, 51–200 Employees

A great alternative to the big ticketing platforms

Comments: Our overall experience is positive and the platform works and reports well.

Pros:

Showpass is a local business and our company loves to work with other local businesses. We love a good alternative to the high fees of the larger platforms. It's easy to use and we can customize so much without Showpass stepping in.

Cons:

We have lots of demands and some of the features are not there or slow to implement or complete.

chris
bandleader promoter in Canada
Music, Self Employed

Great ticketing service for throwin concerts!

Comments: I have had zero issues in setting up and selling tickets, scanning tickets at concerts and payment has been very prompt.

Pros:

Very easy to use. Staff are very helpful when things go wrong and reply to the chat window really fast. Event set-up is largely intuitive, ticket scanning was flawless. Low fees for customers, lots of fees payee selections . Emailing all guests is great. I don't know how much going into the weeds is valuable here, but I can say that this service has been excellent and I would definitely recommend it.

Cons:

One of the only thing I can think of is that some of the language/terminology isn't clear at first, but the FAQ really helps with that so it's not a real issue. 1 thing I wish was clearer though is that I had to absorb a lot of fees in order to do full refunds for a cancelled event. I was told I would be invoiced. It wasn't super clear to me in all the reporting exactly what amount was what I paid. The breakdowns are numerous, there's a lot of info which is great, but that one thing wasn't clear to me. For my year end, doing my taxes, it would be nice to demonstrate that amount separately instead of it being included in the rest of the overall amounts. Support emails aren't replied to quickly, but then again the chat window is extremely fast and much more efficient for dealing with multiple issues at once, so forget that, I'm looking for flaws where there haven't really been any. None of this is really a big issue.

Mara
HR Manager in Netherlands
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With Showpass

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that Showpass allows third-party integration It comes with great event management features. I like that it handles ticketing really well.

Cons:

Never had problems as Showpass is highly flexible and equipped.

Stanley
Music, 51–200 Employees

Review

Pros:

easy to learn and set up for the basic event build

Cons:

scheduling is horrible for ticket launch and cant combine tickets after launch

Tyler
Filmmaker in Canada
Motion Pictures & Film, Self Employed

Great Personalized Service

Comments: My experience has been excellent so far. I had a great customer service representative help sign me up. Then another great representative helped me sort out a challenging location issue as my event was on a college campus, and the building the event was in was a long ways away from where the map was directing people using the College's address. The representative spent the time working with me using the longitude and latitude of where I needed the audience members of the event to be directed to, ensuring that no one would get lost and miss the event.

Pros:

Excellent personalized customer service. My event was on a college campus and the only address for the campus took event goers to the main college entrance, which was 2 Km away from the building where the event was occurring on campus, which would be a huge problem on the day of the event as people would a long ways away from where they needed to be, and be wandering around aimlessly, possibly missing the event Customer service representative [sensitive content hidden] worked with me to use the longitude and latitude coordinates to make sure that my event goers would be taken directly to where they needed to be.

Cons:

Haven't found anything I don't like yet.

4 months ago

Hey Tyler, We are simply over the moon to hear that you had such an awesome experience! We're confident that this is the first of many amazing experiences you'll have on Showpass. P.s. Your shoutout for Brandon has been passed along to the entire team, it's reviews like yours that keep us going!

Robert
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

EBP review

Pros:

ease of use, simple setups for ticketing, able to clone events especially where many of our events are similar

Cons:

glitches when setting up tickets such as items not saving properly

Joseph
Entertainer in Canada

It’s Incredible

Comments: Excellent to be able to see revenue build

Pros:

The ease to sell and manage tickets for events as well as having a runny tally of ticket revenue

Cons:

Trying to set up Reserved Seating and integrate it into the event

Sara
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Great Service!

Comments: I really liked using showpass - the website set up looked professional and I had lots of insights on sales. I had great control over ticketing, it was super easy to use directly from my phone, and our customers were generally happy with the ease of use

Pros:

Showpass made it easy to go live with our ticket sales, to advertise our events and get information out to customers. E-tickets were great for tracking ticket sales and scanning tickets at the event was super easy for our volunteers to do

Cons:

Set up took a long time, designing the website side of it was simple enough, but time consuming.

Victor
Director, Guest Services and Events in Canada
Museums & Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Feature rich, great value and excellent customer support

Pros:

- Price: ShowPass provides a robust set of features for the price. - Customer Support: The ShowPass team is outstanding at supporting clients, including having a dedicated point of contact and high responsiveness. - Simple basic interface: It offers an easy and quick setup of events with options to include advanced features.

Cons:

- Too basic food, beverage and retail components: These could be expanded to allow for more control over the sale of items during events. Also, POS capabilities are very limited.

Tania
Director of Customer Relations and Distribution in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Great bang for your buck

Comments: User friendly, functional and helps make management of large events very smooth.

Pros:

I love the support that I received. I'm not familiar with how to implement these systems and being completely new to this arena was a difficult thing for me, but Showpass guided me along the way and provided support to ensure a successful event.

Cons:

I would love to be able to customize certain aspects like customer sign up when processing new orders- because not information was pertinent to us, but otherwise it was a great experience.

Alan
Bar owner in Canada
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Showpass review

Comments: 10/10

Pros:

The immediate response I get with an issue. Customer support is top notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically in Calgary, AB

Cons:

Honesty I couldn’t be happier. I know that doesn’t help with you wanting to make improvements but I’ve had no complaints so far

Tanya
Marketing Director in Canada
Entertainment, 501–1,000 Employees

Showpass x Cowboys Music Festival

Comments: Our overall experience with Showpass has been a very positive one! Showpass has been a great partner to work with as we continue to group our business and require more advanced ticketing options. Showpass Customer Service at all levels has been outstanding.

Pros:

The main pros of using Showpass are: -Very user-friendly for both seller and buyer -Easy to learn and use for all employees -Showpass App checkout allows for fast checkout by buyers -Advance levels of employee level access are great for internal security -Availability to provide advanced ticketing options like multi-scan/muli-ticket delivery have allowed ticketing for many different kinds of events -High ability to customize events and seller options very helpful -Tracking links great for monitoring traffic/sellers/sales -Integration with Facebook for ticket selling has helped sell tickets through social platform and reduces click drop-off -Integration with Square (and others) provide options for hard copy ticketing -Constant updates from Showpass provide a better user and seller experience -Integration with Guest List Platform allows additional options for events entrance -Ticket reporting is robust and provides great finical reports -Showpass considers all requests for new development into their roadmap -Quick and great response from customer service teams on all levels

Cons:

Some small areas of improvement for Showpass are: -Better pre-existing integration with third-party apps -Marketplace Items require better redemption reports -We would like to be able to pick which events are displayed between the checkout page and purchase page -We are looking forward to a better referral program being rolled out

Volunteer in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

How Covid-19 Pandemic changed the way non-profits & religious institutions opened their doors safely

Comments: When everything went into a lock-down due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, churches were forced to close their doors. When things started to open up we knew we would only be allowed 50-100 persons into our church based on government health and safety mandates related to social-distancing requirements. We developed a scheme to mark our church pews to make enforcing the 6-foot social-distancing rules obvious for everyone. We also blocked off a number of rows. We then identified flexible configurations to allow up to accommodate the various family sizes and preferred services they attended historically. We then build seating selections based on family sizes and used these to monitor utilization during the week. We were able to utilize Showpass without the need for any software changes once we refined our model and identified easy tools to monitor utilization and capacity controls. It works!

Pros:

The Showpass team was very receptive to helping us identify a means of building a reservation system for our 3500 family parish. We built a prototype and within three weeks we were up and running with our reservation system. The thing I liked best was working with the Showpass team and and building around their system's core functionality.

Cons:

There are some custom integrations I would like to look at down the road, but overall we are happy with our choice and our core team is happy with our results and the fact we didn't have to build everything from scratch.

Sheena
owner in Canada
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

review

Comments: good overall experience

Pros:

single event builds are easy - i like being able to customize ticket text and confirmation emails

Cons:

recurring events are tedious to build recurring events are listed out of order in organizer info & widgets small programming errors arise for recurring events wish there were more price options, by donation wish there was google calendar integration

3 years ago

Hi Sheena, Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to hear that you have been able to make use out of our customizable ticket text and confirmation emails. We're always looking to make our software to be as user-friendly and seamless as possible. We will definitely take your comments into account. -Showpass

Kurtis
Marketing & Communications Manager in Canada

Sled Island Showpass Review

Comments: Overall, it's been very positive. There's always room for improvement, but I know you all are constantly working on new features and new improvements, so keep at it!

Pros:

Facebook integration is super useful. When Sled Island is in festival mode, and we have to create tons of event pages that can integrate with Showpass for ticket sales, that's super helpful and makes it easier to get exposure on those shows.

Cons:

When trying to do new tasks that you haven't done before, it can be hard to find where you should be in the software to do so. A hypothetical example, say I've been asked to remove a sponsor logo from our confirmation email when someone buys a pass.... Sometimes things like that can take awhile to figure out. A nice addition this past year was the new way to set up payment plans. Although it would be great if we could have more than three months at a time, and could just set up like... 10 months of payments plans without having to switch anything. Also, would love to set up 50/50 functionality for next year, one way or another!

Liam
Commercial Lines Underwriter in Canada
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

Super friendly staff and fast response time!

Comments: I'll definitely use Showpass for future events (both free and/or paid) and would recommend it to my friends. I find some other softwares take so long to set up events and this has been the fastest set up I've done to date. They also have an awesome integration with Facebook so I could actually sell tickets through the event on there as well. I am excited to use the platform in the future.

Pros:

Their customer service is really top shelf! After I created my account, one of their staff called me and asked if I needed any help getting set-up. I had a few questions which they answered over the phone and also followed up with an email as well if I needed more assistance. I really wanted to up-sell my next event so people would see both when they were at checkout and their sales person showed me their event up-selling feature which was helpful and easy to use. Although my event was only for a couple hundred tickets it was nice to get that level of customer service. I will be using Showpass for my future events.

Cons:

Technologically speaking I sometimes struggle with certain types of software and don't want to spend a lot of time setting up my events. Showpass made it easy for me to set up my event in a few minutes and the software was very easy to follow.

Shannon
Game Day Coordinator in Canada
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Great system, easy to use

Comments: Mostly good experience and easy to use. Have recommended to other organizations

Pros:

That allows you to set up individual and packages

Cons:

The ease of set up of packages having to redo stuff could be improved on

Ryan
President in Canada

Welland Jackfish

Comments: It has been okay. Need more features to allow for easier management of season ticket holders

Pros:

That it is a Canadian company.

Cons:

Missing several features that other competitors have

Catherine
Manager, CEI Operations and Partnerships in Canada

Showpass Fulfilled Our Needs

Pros:

We utilized Showpass for our ticketed VIP events for the past two years and it proved to be reliable and user-friendly. Both the desktop and mobile app made managing our event, purchasing tickets, and scanning guests' tickets at the entry point of our events a seamless experience.

Cons:

At times, the website navigation and retrieving sales reports felt less intuitive.

Jackie
Casino Manager in Canada
Gambling & Casinos, 51–200 Employees

Showpass is awesome

Comments: We love using Showpass. The customer support team is extremely helpful and quick in their responses for assistance. We have streamlined our event process and it makes executing events much more simple and we have less headaches with our events.

Pros:

Showpass is very easy to use from start to finish. From using the main dashboard, to using the app, it is very simple to learn, and put into use for all our events.

Cons:

Nothing specifically - it has all the requirements we need to be able to execute our events seamlessly.

Pieter
Pieter
Owner in Canada
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Useful, but some features are suboptimal

Pros:

Great software and ticketing system. You can upload any individual seating configuration and effectively track ticket sales and purchaser demographics. Very useful for small auditorum ticket sales.

Cons:

Sometimes the program fails to have the visual representatiom on the theatre seats show up, and there are too many individual menus to enter, which can deter purchasers from following through with an online purchase.

Shawn
President in Canada
Music, 2–10 Employees

Very helpful service, great integration

Comments: But they are very responsive, take time to understand what you really need and offer advice to get what you want.

Pros:

The website and Facebook event integration. Our website was recently recognized as a choir website to look at and one of the reasons listed was the box office integration that's provided by showpass.

Cons:

I'm relatively new to ticket sales software. Sometimes the terms are different from what I've used before, it can be hard to find the function I need.

Aaron
Executive Assistant to the President in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Showpass is the premier ticketing system for event promoters

Comments: Showpass is a solid tool for any event promoter who plans on selling tickets. We have been using them for a while now, and the experience is always perfect.

Pros:

This software is incredibly easy to use, intuitive, and well structured. Creating and managing events are as easy as filling out a form and uploading some images. The site is fast and responsive, and easy to navigate.

Cons:

I wish that after saving a change to and event, it would send me back to the list of events that can be edited, instead of taking me to a secondary page for the same event. This is my only complaint.

Tammy-Jo
Operations Manager in Canada
Music, 2–10 Employees

Korora Choir Association showpass

Comments: Good - easy to use, has most of the features we need.

Pros:

Ease of use, especially for the volunteers.

Cons:

Sometimes the max. number of tickets has behaved strangely. We also don't like that we can't see our donor report.

Fiona
Coordinator of Innovation and Pedagogy in Canada
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Simple and easy to use

Comments: It was easy to set up. The cost per ticket was industry standard.

Pros:

This worked great for ticketing, and payment management.

Cons:

Very difficult to connect square to the event. We had to run two accounts for payments, one for the presales and one for at the event

2 years ago

Hi Fiona, thanks for your review of Showpass! We're glad to hear you found our ticketing and payment management features useful. I'm sorry to hear that connecting Square was difficult for you, we'll pass on your feedback to our team. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].