• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.9 /5

About SmartrMail

SmartrMail is an easy-to-use email marketing app that helps you send better email for your store. Integrates with Shopify and more.

Learn more about SmartrMail

Kristie R.
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Fantastic product for our business"

Comments: Our overall experience has been great. We have better insight as to who is viewing our emails, the links they click on from our email to access our website and the sales we generate from the emails we send out.

Pros: Very easy to use. I am able to create newsletters within 10 minutes (compared to approx. 45 mins on the previous software we used).
The reports provide good insight as to how successful each marketing campaign has been.

Cons: The cost can be prohibitive for small businesses but it is still cheaper than some of the competitors.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Harrison H.
Marketing Assistant
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Tools.com Smartrmail Review"

Comments: As an e-commerce business, SmartrMail has helped us save a significant amount of time by utilising the workflows for emails such as the welcome and thank you emails.

Pros: One of the key factors of our decision to use SmartrMail as our email marketing software is the implementation with Neto. Being able to share and use data through both SmartrMail and Neto is so easy when compared to other email marketing softwares. With that, being able to create templates and designs is very user friendly which makes my time as a user a lot less stressful. The ease of syncing data such as products and other information for e-commerce is fantastic.

Cons: There are still some limitations with the design such as fonts but I can imagine there are reasons for this. The email composer could potential be expanded upon by adding a number of new creative techniques which can result in a greater feel and look on the emails.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Pat R.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2019

"SmartrMail where have you been???"

Comments: Overall Smartrmail is nothing short of sensational. It immediately started working within minutes of set up.

Pros: For those working on a Neto platform this is for you.

Cons: No set-up wizard to walk you through. Would be great if it had a step by step set up wizard to guide you through the first time.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Nancy N.
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"The best email marketing app"

Comments: Our delivery rate to our customers inbox is up, our bounce rate is down and our overall stats look much heathier than 6 months ago.

Pros: Love, Love & Love the amazing customer service! Rep and his team never stop impressing me with their fantastic help and suggestions. Easy to use. Hasn't failed us yet. Clean and crisp presentation.

Cons: Looking forward to updates to customize funtions in the design template.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Brad P.
Administration
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2019

"Looking forward to the future"

Comments: To date I must say communication has been prompt and informative whether that be via email, online chat or the couple of phone calls I have booked online

Pros: * Links seamlessly with Neto
* Covers our current needs in email marketing
* Relatively user friendly and has informative support videos

Cons: None so far. Although it will be better once Neto's API allows for a greater automation of coupon codes.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Glenn M.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"SmartrMail"

Comments: GREAT customer support (always responsive and capable). Direct tracking of our increase in sales via this platform and both auto and manual emails to our customer base

Pros: Easy to use; Good reporting & sales tracking; Great customer support

Cons: Some additional functions & editing of templates would be useful

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Doug B.
Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: Every time I require any help the response is fast and from highly professional people whom are very knowledgeable. I would recommend SmartrMail purely based on their brilliant customer service.

Pros: The customer service is exceptional. The product is easy to use and works well with Neto.

Cons: Slow accessing subscribers as only displays a few subscribers at a time.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020
Allan K.
Marketing
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Easy to use, Easy to migrate"

Pros: The layout and design of the UI makes it very easy to use. The support we received in migrating from our previous ESP was incredible. Very helpful and fast to respond.

Cons: There are some limitations to what content can be included in an email and formatting/layout of linked products is pretty rigid. I'd like to see more options for product field insertion (was price/Sale price, promo end date, review ratings, etc...)

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
James D.
marketing
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"easiest software to use"

Pros: very intuitive integrates well with neto grabbing pictures and info from your site and you tube plug in is awesome

Cons: difficult to say as i really like this software package

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Eva R.
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2020

"Email marketing"

Comments: Help from SmartMail team is excellent.

Pros: Pop up emails - you set up once and it goes.....

Cons: I wouldn't be able to start using the software if I didn't have a training.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Rusty R.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2020

"Excellent Product, Even better Service."

Pros: The product is excellent, and full of hidden gems as you get to know it more. The customer service is top shelf.

Cons: There is a learning curve to be able to unlock the true power. Though, the excellent service makes this pretty easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2020
Tracie R.
Business Owner
Automotive, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"SmartrMail the smart way to reach out for return customers"

Comments: All my questions were answered promptly and someone took the time to go through how do things as well as set up a an automation that was ready to use straight away, and that I could copy from when I wanted to create new ones too. I was really worried that support would fall away as soon as my trial ended but support is continuous and communication is top notch. I cannot speak highly enough of the people that have helped me. I am a small business that runs everything by myself so my time is very valuable. I spend a bit of time to set things up and SmartrMail puts things in motions at the set date. I do last minute checks to ensure the content is still the message I want sent. Staff are happy to send links and other relevant information relating to marketing strategies so I can learn as I go. I really doesn't get simpler than that for a business owner like me.

Pros: I love many things about SmartrMail. It's versatile and functionality is awesome. The integration into NETO was simple and I got the assistance I needed to help me fix a minor glitch. I love SmartrMails ability to select relevant items to suggest to my customers based on what they have purchased and the many other facets that come into play that are way above my comprehension. I don't need to be a marketing guru!

Cons: Aww maybe the price but don't we all want everything for less? The price is still fair but I wouldn't support it if it was much more.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Matthew L.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"SmartrMail Review"

Pros: Smartmail links directly with our Neto e-commerce platform which means its fast and easy to add products to our mailouts.

Cons: The product database is not updated immediatley but this is only a small issue.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Sheeraz H.
VP Sales
Fine Art, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"A handy tool"

Comments: A pretty handy tool really. Was using mailchimp but got annoyed with their lack of support and found automations complicated. They have some sophisticated features to be played around with. The auto product emails and suggestions are quite relevant and takes care of half the work. There's room for improvement but a much needed upgrade from the old emailing tools.

Pros: Good sensible support, explained things properly.

Cons: there were a couple of bugs but were fixed on contact

• Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Abby T.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2018

"SmartrMail"

Comments: Best customer service going around.

Pros: Segmentation and the easiness of getting a quick campaign together.

Cons: The lack of design capabilities and fonts

• Reviewed on 08/11/2018
Teresa M.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"New client experience"

Comments: I am excited to see how Smartrmail adds value to our customer experience and in turn equates to increased sales.

Pros: The support system! Not being tech savvy, the support given already has been invaluable. From what I can see so far the ease of integration and embedding of products etc into emails seems amazing.

Cons: Yet to find anything I don't like yet as it's early days.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Daryl B.
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2020

"Well worth the investment in time and money"

Comments: Connecting with customers quickly and easily

Pros: It is continually being upgraded asnd well supported.

Cons: Rome wasn't built in a day. Everything takes time to perfect features and for users to learn them.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2020
Philippa M.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"SmartrMail Review"

Comments: We are able to stay in contact with customers through email and have created some beautiful campaigns which SmartrMail has helped us send. The customer service is always helpful and if you have any hiccups or challenges, they will help you through to find a solution.

Pros: Designing our own emails in InDesign, it is easy to then import GIFs and images into the emails for our weekly newsletter. For weekly emails, the system is intuitive and easy to use.
With the assistance of the team from Smartrmail, we've been able to create a range of automated campaigns to target customers and upsell other products.
The customer service team is great and reply to help requests very promptly.

Cons: Setting up automated campaigns and creating audiences with certain rules can be rather complex and easy to make errors, so it is essential you work with the Smartrmail team on this.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Lisa C.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Excellent Customer Service"

Pros: What I love most about using SmartMail above anything else is their customer service. No matter what time, or what issue, or what solution I am looking for, the team at SmartrMail are only a click away and are extremely responsive to all enquiries sent. This has given me reassurance that I can have hands on support to achieved the desired campaign outcomes needed for our growing business. Special shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who from day 1 has been outstanding. I really appreciate it. :)

Cons: No major issues. I would just like more features and flexibility with some things, however overall I am quite happy and the support I am given gets me through any hurdles that occur.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Megan B.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Easy, Fast & Beutiful"

Comments: Very easy. I don't have a lot of time to learn a whole new way of working. Their system is easy to use and professional at the end for my customers.

Pros: - First and foremost their customer service, support and online FAQs are fantastic!
- Easy to use
- Emails look clean & beautiful
- Smart Segments
- Integrates with website

Cons: Nothing to do with the software, more their integration capabilities with Neto. Neto don't offer automated promo codes for customers. I'd like to send promotional emails to certain segments with a discount code that is personal to them e.g. Refer a friend. There is no capability from Neto to feed this in to SmartrMail (or any email provider. I would like to see SmartrMail expand to also include SMS marketing.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Andrew A.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2018

"Smart R Mail - The name says it all !!"

Comments: Smartrmail provides excellent customer service - they answer questions quickly and provide solutions or work arounds to most of my email problems within their software. I love the smart technology that is built into the product, that can send my clients products that suit them automatically, without me doing anything.

Pros: The software links in with my eCommerce program and allows me to produce emails quickly.

Cons: The worst part of the program as that I did not find it earlier.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2018
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Easy to use, great value"

Comments: I use Smartrmail for 2 sites from Neto. I have automated emails on and do newsletters. Very easy to set up, and saves me time to use on other parts of my businesses

Pros: Integrates easily with my site, email template creator is easy to use

Cons: Some of the help documents can be hard to find, but the support guys are great at pointing in the right direction

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Rachael F.
Creator
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"A breakthrough in email campaigns"

Comments: This is a simple system which saves time creating weekly email campaigns. It also seems to provide solutions to all of my queries. Very happy with SmartrMail.

Pros: Easy to use
Very intelligent smart segments means you can target on specific subscribers.
Automatically integrated to our Neto software so products can be linked at the press of a button...no more manually adding links to images and webstore which is very time consuming:)
Links to subscriber sales for accurate metrics and reporting.
The best thing is because SmartrMail integrates with Neto, it can distinguish between retail and wholesale customers (something Mail Chimp could never quite do for us) so we can send them dedicated campaigns without crossover confusion:))))

Cons: Some restrictions with spacing in page layout.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Vicki N.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Help is always available to create wonderful and simple newsletters."

Comments: It is wonderful having a person who cares at the end of the phone or message, a patient person who is happy to explain basic things.

Pros: It is very easy to create nice newsletters, love the concept of choosing who you send it to.

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like, just need more time to do it.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Craig F.
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Great Software, easy to use, professional results"

Comments: A great experience and highly recommend this product, if your short on time and need something that integrates well with your other platforms, then this is the product for you

Pros: Ease of use, templates and professional result

Cons: Nothing, the software and features for price perform very well

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020