15 years helping British businesses

About RoomRaccoon

The only true all-in-one hotel management system for independent properties that drives real results.

Learn more about RoomRaccoon

Pros:

Cons:

I found it took a while to set up and add in everything and I was a bit sceptical it was going to be intricate to use but this is not the case now.

RoomRaccoon ratings

4.3
3.9
4.1
3.8

7.1/10

RoomRaccoon has an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars based on 56 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RoomRaccoon before?

Dane
General Manager in South Africa

All-in-One, GREAT PMS System

Pros:

Extremely user friendly and convenient to use and manage. Very customisable and adaptable to the needs of each type of hotel/guesthouse/lodge.

Cons:

This is a continuously improving product. If and when issues have risen, they are resolved and improved very quickly.

2 years ago

Thanks for sharing such a great review, Dane! We are proud to offer an innovative product to hoteliers worldwide, and your review proved that we are doing just that. We are delighted to work with you and hope our system continues to bring even more value to your business.

Kresimir
CEO in Croatia

Easy to use product

Comments: Although the product has a higher price, its functionality us excellent, everything works perfectly.

Pros:

Product is easy and simple to use, it is very reliable, we did not experience any technical issues, booking engine and connections with OTA works perfectly.

Cons:

The price is higher than another product and to have the full function of product, it is necessary to use several upgrades.

7 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Kresimir. We're thrilled to hear that you find RoomRaccoon easy to use and we appreciate your positive comments on the functionality of our booking engine and its seamless connections with OTA platforms. We're glad to have you as part of the RoomRaccoon community, and we're committed to delivering a product that not only meets but exceeds your expectations.

Laura
Director in Lithuania

IT IS A SCAM

Comments: Horrible! I wouldn't wish this kind of experience to anybody

Pros:

Horrible, how they treat customers is unacceptable.

Cons:

We entered into a contract with Room Raccoon under the main agreement that we could integrate Stripe as our payment gateway. However, during the final stages before going live, we were suddenly informed that integrating Stripe was impossible, and we were left with no choice but to use their payment gateway, incurring unexpected costs of approximately 10,000EUR based on revenue. Despite expressing our dissatisfaction and the fact that this change contradicted the terms we initially agreed upon, we were met with unresponsiveness, and unprofessionalism, and no solutions. Attempts to seek a resolution or a refund for the program we did not use for a single day were unsuccessful, resulting in the loss of 3,000EUR and months of work. After posting a negative review, we received a public response from RoomRaccon, expressing understanding and extending an invitation to discuss the matter for a potential solution: "Please contact our customer support team to discuss your situation further. We would be happy to continue to be in contact with you and seek a resolution." Encouraged by this, I promptly reached out to them for assistance, hopeful that it was a sincere commitment. FAIL AGAIN! it's been over two weeks, and I'm still waiting for a response to my email. Our experience with RoomRacoon has been extremely disappointing, and we caution others to approach this company with caution.

7 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Laura. We apologize for the delay in response and any frustration this may have caused. Our Global Head of Customer Support did reach out to you via email last week in an effort to address your concerns and find a suitable solution. Please feel free to respond to him to discuss your situation further. Sincerely, The RoomRaccoon Team

Lila
Owner and Manager in US

Quick Responses

Pros:

RoomRacoon does a great top of managing all of my channels and giving me a real time information. I also like how I can send confirmations, charge credit cards and send folios from my phone.

Cons:

When I initially on boarded with Room Raccoon I found it hard to get responses to my questions but lately they added a US manager, and I have had quick feedback on all of my questions. The support seems extremely accessible.

3 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Lila. We're thrilled to hear that you've found RoomRacoon to be effective in managing your property operations. We're also delighted to hear that our competitive pricing and hassle-free sales process were factors in your decision to choose RoomRacoon. We strive to offer value without compromising on quality. Thank you once again for choosing RoomRacoon, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or feedback. We're here to assist you every step of the way!

S.
front-office in Netherlands
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

We searched a long time for a PMS made for small hotels. Very satisfied with RoomRaccoon

Comments: We were searching for a long time to find a PMS and Channel Manager that suit the need of a small hotel.

Pros:

When we started looking for a PMS, we still did a lot things by hand or in Excel. This costs us a lot of time and money considering all the mistakes that were made. RoomRaccoon is developed in cooperation by small hotels and they do understand the difference in requirements between a larger and a smaller hotel. It is very flexible and there are no extra costs involved. When I contacted them they set up a fully functional demo for me pre-filled with my rooms, rates and package deals (must have taken them some time :)). This made understanding the system and using is right away was very easy. Important to me is also that I can manage everything myself without having to pay a developer or sign a service contract. There are many features just made for small hotels. The overview of your reservations, for instance, is much bigger and contains more information about the reservation. Further, it offers an integrated channel manager (yes, included in the 95,- Euro) and the commission free booking engine just looks great (on all devices). Now, we do not have to make a single invoice in Excel any longer. It simply is a matter of hitting the print button! What a change... I also like a lot that they take any suggestion to the system very serious. It is still a new system but it is already probably the best out there for a small hotels such as ours.

Cons:

The system is still being developed constantly. So far, the house keeping management still needs to be improved. But considering the speed that they work on any suggestion, I am sure that this feature will improve very soon.

Wim
owner in Netherlands

Needs improvement

Comments: We've been working with RoomRaccoon since the beginning, but they still haven't solved all the start up issues. For smaller hotels / B&B's without a restaurant I guess it is a suitable product, but when it's a bit more complicated than just rooms to sell they unfortunately still have a long way to go.

Pros:

This PMS is very user-friendly and is easy to set up.

Cons:

The software has a lot of flaws that they are still working on, while their fee is relatively high.

Stephen
Director in South Africa

Great

Pros:

all in one hotel/lodge management. great front of house and great back office.

Cons:

pricing structure for small lodges like ours. Add ones like extra users which should be basic

9 months ago

Hey there Stephen, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments about our software. We understand your concerns about our pricing structure, especially for smaller lodges. Your input is invaluable, and we are reviewing our plans to ensure fairness and transparency. We aim to address your specific concern about extra user charges. We value your business and are committed to providing excellent service. If you have any more feedback, please feel free to share. Best regards, team RoomRaccoon

Fiona
Accommodation Manager in Tanzania
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

The most user-friendly and modern platform yet!

Pros:

Room Raccoon's best features are its user-friendliness, modernity, connection to our online payment system and other platforms, as well as the constant evolution and improvement.

Cons:

The implementation on Room Raccoon to fit our business was not the easiest as we presented the team with new challenges they had not faced yet. I would also suggest improving their customer service for faster answers and help around the clock as hotels run 24/7 and problems, small or big, occur at all times.

last year

Thanks for sharing such a great review, Fiona! We are happy to hear that you have had such a good experience with RoomRaccoon and that your team enjoy how user-friendly the system is. We strive to provide the best technical support to each and every customer and are sorry to hear that your experience was not up to scratch at this time. We have lots of exciting initiatives in place to help! Feel free to visit the Help Centre – a resource used by RoomRaccoon to provide you with support using a number of articles that give step-by-step guides and tutorials on how to easily navigate the PMS, booking engine and channel manager. Alternatively, sign up for one of our upcoming webinars to learn about how to use our product optimally.

Anina
Guesthouse Manager in South Africa

Room Raccoon simply the best

Comments: In general good support

Pros:

Easy to use and definitely good support when a problem arises.

Cons:

Not really. We are quite satisfied with the product

9 months ago

Hey Anina, Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you find RoomRaccoon easy to use and that you've had a positive experience with our support team. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're delighted that you haven't encountered any major issues. Warm regards, Team RoomRaccoon

Lubi
Owner in Netherlands
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

It made my administration work very easy.

Comments: I don't know yet. I don't know what's in for me;-) I just wanted to help my software supplier, RoomRaccoon.

Pros:

That it is accurate. I haven't got any double booking. And I can trust the system with the bookings.

Cons:

That it cost me a lot of time filling it with the information about my B&B. I also had to translate my text into several languages. It would be nice if the software would also be able to translate the text.

Philip
Director in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

A good product ruined inept development and inadequate customer support

Comments: The more you get to know it the more you start to identify the shortcomings. How on earth it has won the wards it has is beyond us. Over the past four months it has become increasingly error prone with scarcely a week passing without another problem arising

Pros:

The user interface is probably the best thing about Room Racoon.

Cons:

Unfortunately we have had an almost endless list of issues many of which Room Racoon had not identified. Their customer support is inadequate at best and non existent at worst. Their developers and managers are seemingly unable to grasp simple fundamentals of running a hospitality business. The product/company shows all the signs of growing too fast and lacking the necessary infrastructure to support that growth. If you run a simple B&B operation Room Racoon might prove to fit your needs. But in our experience as soon as it tries to meet the needs of a medium sized boutique hotel the inadequacies become all too apparent. Buyer beware.

Frikkie
Bussiness owner in South Africa
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

The best choice you will make

Comments: We had the best experience with RoomRaccoon.

Pros:

Innovation. Integration with Xero Accounting. Immediate reports.

Cons:

The ticket proses in the helpline takes to long

last year

Hey there, Frikkie! Thank you for sharing such positive feedback with the community. We're thrilled to hear that RoomRaccoon brings you the innovation and efficiency you and your business need. On the other hand, our support team works very hard to get to all the tickets daily and help as many hoteliers as possible. We are sorry if that process takes a bit longer sometimes. Thanks again for your review, and have a great day further!

Maria
Director of Sales & Marketing in Croatia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Only in trial phase, so happy to review later again

Comments: Easy to use, easy to understand, modern, well-structured, saving time and energy

Pros:

As overall: easy to use, easy to understand, modern, well-structured, saving time and energy

Cons:

Used a more complicated program earlier, so still need some time to believe that do not need to over-administrate things :) However true that some features need to be tailor-made (eg. right now, system cannot offer same child ages as I need to report to authorities, so manual adjustment is still needed > but I know development is already on the way).

last year

Hey Maria, this review is all we needed to hear today! Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with our community. We'll keep working on exciting and useful features to continue elevating your business!

Sandra
Revenue Manager in UK
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

All that glitters is not gold

Comments: This is supposed to be the best PMS out there, do yourself a favour and just don't buy into the sales conversation that it can do all these things.
What you will find is a product that can't do basics, the support team always says they are working on fixing an issue and will never get back to you, they can't fix a product that is in constant disarray.
They will not take ownership for the faults of the system and will always say that it's because you aren't using the system properly.
Just do yourself a favour and don't even bother, you will live a less stressed life.

Pros:

The design and supposedly easiness of operations

Cons:

Price changes are limited Channel manager only connects you to 4-5 OTA's and then you need to plug in another channel manager Reports are useless Merchant doesn't allow you to see the card details so you are enforced to use their merchant even if you don't want

Olga
CEO in Portugal
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Super complete and user friendly software!

Comments: First this software automatized all the procedures I used to do manually. Hotel daily tasks and also legal things. Saved me hours of work. Improved my relation with guests not just because I have more time, but also because all the automatic messages in different stages creates a personal contact with them. And also the fact that I can access anywhere including with my phone.

Pros:

Is very easy to use, from the beginning. Have all the essencial features and tools to manage my hostel. Even legal and technical Portuguese features.

Cons:

The only thing I think it could improve is to be possible to change a message before is sent.

Vitor
Manager in Portugal
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Very useful and easy to work with

Comments: Very good

Pros:

Propierty management and revenue management

Cons:

Connection with Expedia, it fails a lot of times.

last year

Vitor, thank you for your positive feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our property management and revenue management systems. We hope that RoomRaccoon will continue to elevate your hotel operations and performance in 2023.

Gordon
Hotel Owner/Manager in UK

Easy to use, hard to live without!

Pros:

It is incredibly simple to use. The channel management is fantastic and the reservations are comprehensive. The customer support is second to none, one of RoomRaccoon's greatest assets is truly the people who run it. Considering how easy it makes my life as a hotelier and how much time it saves me I would say the software is also incredible value for money. Its drag and drop features, invoice generation, calendar synchronisation and free booking page are all great features. Another bonus is that all of my staff, some of whom are not tech savvy at all, picked up how to use this software in minutes. RoomRaccoon has become indispensable to our business, and I'm a wholly satisfied customer that would highly recommend it to anyone in the industry.

Owner in Spain

Great all-in-one system

Pros:

It's an easy to use system, yet sufficiently flexible to meet most requirements of any small to mid-sized hospitality business. On-boarding was pretty straight forward. The diary display is clear and well designed. The invoicing function saves me a lot of time!

Cons:

It would be good to have pricing displayed on the diary page. Fees for payment processing are rather high.

Marco
Owner in Switzerland

DONT do it!

Comments: bad. Basic set-up is done half, which needs to be compensated by the implementation manager. As a customer, you are a number; they dont even ask your name on the phone, just your ID. Roomraccoon apologises for their incorrect info during sales, but... its your problem now...

Pros:

Sales presentation is great, but untrue.

Cons:

Sales guys promise a lot which the software cant deliver; All integrations are not applicable in our country. Basic functionality like messaging is not included. Rate-management is horrible.

8 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Marco. We appreciate your honesty and apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with our software. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your specific challenges and explore potential solutions. If you would be willing to provide more details or discuss your experience further, please feel free to reach out to our customer support team.

Lindsay
Part Owner in South Africa

Have had a good experience with the staff and the setting up of the software.

Pros:

I like that the software gives me the the flexibility to have my own full featured accommodation website as well as being able to link to all the bigger service providers. I like the dashboard that accumulates your occupancy statistics and the storage of exiting client that you can immediately recognise someone who have visited before. Its great that Room Racoon has a South African presence together with access to South African Payment Gateway. They also have a useful training articles. I like the concept that the Hotel Management, Booking Engine and Channel Manager are all handled by one piece of software.

Cons:

Not as intuitive to use as it could be, but we are new to Hotelier software. The Channel Managers functionality is still limited to availability on some Channels example: AirBnB, also South African Payment Gateway functionality is still limited and restricted in choice to only one provider but Room Racoon is still developing so a work in progress with improvements to come.

Adrian
Digital Marketer in Switzerland
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Conversion Tracking only in premium package

Comments: Nope. A tool what makes analytics a premium asset is not to be recommended. I'd change immediately but the [sensitive content hidden] doesn't want to change software yet

Pros:

It does what it needs to. Customer service was okay, once you reached someone.

Cons:

If you want ecommerce/conversion tracking you need to have premium. That's absurd and the pricing is steep enough.

5 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Adrian. We understand that having essential features like ecommerce and conversion tracking restricted to our premium package may seem frustrating. However, we continuously evaluate our pricing structure to strike a balance between offering value to our users and maintaining the sustainability of our services. Regarding your experience with customer service, we apologize for any delays or inconvenience you may have encountered. We're committed to improving our support channels to ensure that our users receive prompt and helpful assistance whenever needed. We genuinely value your business, and we'd be more than happy to discuss your concerns further and explore potential solutions. Please feel free to reach out to our team, and we'll do our best to address your needs.

Stephanie
hotel manager in Netherlands
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

We were looking for an affordable all-in-one solution (PMS, Channel Manager, Booking Engine)

Comments: we save so much time and we did not have an overbooking since we use RoomRaccoon which saves a lot of frustration and money

Pros:

It is very affordable considering that you truly get all three hotel systems in one combined, yet the support is great! You can always e-mail or call them at any time! It is easy and the features are made for the needs of a small hotel. You really can see that it was developed by hoteliers who understand the business.

Teha
Manager in Croatia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

The best hotel management service we have worked with.

Pros:

Very easy to navigate, understand and the housekeeping and breakfast lists are a life saver, not to mention the support.... outstanding!! RoomRaccoon have thought of all. Would definitely recommend them.

Cons:

Can't swop reservations between different rooms so easily.

last year

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, Teha. It's fantastic to hear our support team is on point and that you are enjoying our RaccoonHousekeeping feature. We're always working on new and exciting features to provide the best to our users. Once again, thanks for your trust. RoomRaccoon team.

CEO in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Comments: Very professional company

Pros:

They have fantastic integration and connecting capabilities. As a partner in guest experience, it is always very pleasant to work with

Cons:

nothing, everything is great there. Love to work with them.

last year

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with the community and us, David! We are happy to hear that you have had such a great experience with RoomRaccoon and are delighted to work with your team.

Arina
Owner of guesthouse in South Africa
Hospitality, Self Employed

Why software for a small guesthouse?

Comments: I thought I did not need software for a small guesthouse with three rooms only. Wrong! RoomRaccoon helps me to be on top of all my bookings, so I can do the overall management with much more confidence.

Pros:

The software is absolutely user-friendly. Together with that is the constant support of such a nature that even a retired person like me can use it easily.

Cons:

That the invoice is fixed. I cannot add personal touches to it.