• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Homebase

Time clocks, employee scheduling, and team management for small but mighty businesses. 100k+ businesses love Homebase. You will too.

Learn more about Homebase

Cris P.
HR DIrector
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2021

"Homebase review from HR Director"

Comments: great

Pros: Easy to use and mfg staff can see their schedules

Cons: none that I know of at this time after two plus years using.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2021
Manuel W.
Brand Consultant
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Good product with too much fluff and mediocre UX"

Comments: Overall, we are still with homebase because everyone is now used to it and our system is setup this way. Writing this review though, it is certainly about time i checked the timeclock-scheduling-team market again. Because the product is quite slow and features are being added which i don't need.

Pros: We decided to go for Homebase because it mostly resembled what i was doing in as spreadsheet before. The timeclock is rather solid, we have set up a dedicated tablet to clock in and out. This is the main reason i got homebase for my team - so that they would have a schedule and be able to clock in and out. Also nice is the fact that custom national holidays can be setup and automatically be shown in the schedule. The Homebase team has over the years implemented a few nifty features to save me time as an admin. Next is checking timesheets and correcting them when it comes to payroll - however this is where we stop with using homebase. We don't use any other features.

Cons: We don't utilize the payroll feature at all - everything can only be set in dollars. Overall, the software feels like it is made for the US market - not internationally. I have feature requested over a year ago that custom currencies should be implemented and even the way time is displayed (24h instead of am-pm). To no avail. Even from their content marketing strategy it is clear that Homebase is only focusing on the US market, with no interesting content for me as a hotelier on the other side of the world. It is also sad to see that they have recently started adding a lot of fluff to their product like hiring, instead of making the core experience easier and faster to use. The new timesheets section looks nice, but i am 5 times faster with the old one (which could be faster still). I would love to see much more emphasis on a fast and easy to use product, with lots of features to get my work done quicker. Homebase is a classic example of software which gets better the less i have to use it. I would like to see the product move in this direction.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Heather W.
HR Rep/Office Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Great option for the price-point"

Comments: Overall Homebase has been a great scheduling software for our business, ticking almost every box we were looking for. We especially needed a way for employees to log in and out of different departments (which they do as needed and not according to a clock) during a shift that IS scheduled. We've been able to make Homebase work for that specific need.
We appreciated the flexibility of allowing employees to clock in/out on a central laptop or tablet, or letting them use their phones through the app with a geo-boundary over our office, and then when the pandemic hit, we removed the geo-boundary to allow them to clock in and out from their homes.

Pros: Pros:
*Free option
*Customizable - we're able to use it for employees to log in and out of the different unscheduled departments/roles they do within a scheduled shift. Makes it easy to track manhours and payroll by department when the people working in each department changes throughout each day.
*The app
*Easy to use
*Great additional features like job posting and document storage/sharing, PTO tracking

Cons: Cons:
*Getting the PTO tracking to work for us has been a long wait.
*Employees experience a lot of glitches of punches not going through.
*Takes forever to enter a schedule in the separate "available" and "actual" schedules. I would like to take a posted availability schedule and just make it be their working schedule with one click. Scheduling takes a bit of time, but isn't hard.

William P.
General Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"Overall good - customer service is disappointing"

Pros: I really value the integration with Square POS that allows me to use the analytical tools within Homebase. It's really helpful for me to be able to see my labor estimates and even the weather (coffee is largely dependent on weather). I value the real-time feedback on my labor costs as well. I also appreciate the flexibility of the timecard programming that allows the real world to happen and for callouts to not totally disrupt my timecards. We LOVE your integration with Gusto that makes my payroll incredibly easy. I came into this position expecting to drop your platform for hotschedules, but I've stuck with it because you integrate really well.

Cons: I am currently having problems with your Square POS integration and it's causing me to not enjoy the best parts of your program. Unfortunately your technical support is so backlogged that I get calls late at night when I can't access the program to make a fix.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Kevin T.
Recruiter
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"Great system for employee time tracking."

Comments: Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Pros: Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Cons: Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
Jordan J.

"Good"

Comments: Easy to use. A bit slow when loading some pages, such as the applications page. Some parts don’t work as well as they should.

Pros: I like that I can easily see and adjust people’s schedules. I like that they get notifications that their shift is coming up. The push to my calendar is also a plus. Onboarding is simple. It’s well thought out.

Cons: I’d like to be able to write mock schedules. I know Homebase integrates with some POS, but it doesn’t with mine. It would also be great if there was discount for multiple stores under the same account. Adding photos to a message sometimes does not work. Could we get the ability to have a separate message stream even if it’s to the same group of people?

Paden W.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Love the APP! Wish you had cheaper monthly subscription options"

Comments: Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

Pros: We love the software. It allows us to schedule, save info, talk to employees, and hire! I would love to have the pro feature but we simply cannot afford over $300 a month just to schedule and speak to employees. I’m a VERY small business and that takes about all the left over money I have at the end of the month.

Cons: The price, it also has been glitching ALOT. Most days I can’t see the schedule I created. The app will appear blank as if nothing has been created. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and still experience issues.
The fact you can’t have multiple managers to adjust the schedule SUCKS. I am always signed in under my husbands profile to adjust the schedule. Please fix this. So many company’s would love this new permission set.

Anthony S.
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great Scheduler and Time tracker"

Pros: I use the free version and the functions and customer support are excellent. I have called them several times and they always answer and always solve the problem. For free you cannot get much better.

Cons: The free version lacks a few features I would like to use, such as time card saving and managing how far before the shift an employee can log in. The problem I have is the paid plans are too expensive. The pricing goes from zero to expensive to very expensive. There is no mid tier pricing for someone like me that wants a few extra features.

Daniel C.
Managing Partner
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"Multitool for time and attendance"

Comments: I am an early adopter and have watched the software development from version 1. It has grown quite a bit and I have referred 15-20 other businesses. Though they never mention me for a referral bonus.

Pros: I love the scheduling and time and attendance features. I like the flexibility and the abilities of my team to control their own schedule and time off.

Cons: I dislike that the only feature I require from the next tier (+$20 per month) is different job codes so I just don't use it. I renegotiate payrate and time to achieve payrate differential for alternate job descriptions. It it was a weekly issue, I would switch products... that's how serious of a flaw it it. Also, Shift Ratings are a good idea but the functionality to retrieve their comments is clunky and I only remember to search it out once a month. It just makes it a throw away feature.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2020
Valerie J.
Owner/Partner
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great addition to my management tools"

Comments: Homebase is invaluable to me. It's very convenient and user friendly.

Pros: Homebase is a must-have for me. I do the schedule, communicate with team members and prospective hires and it integrates with square for spot number analysis.

Cons: Team members have given me feedback that it's has been occasionally glitchy to sign in and rarely to clock in. Thankfully there is the web time clock option as an alternative when that happens. I am not sure if this has been resolved, b/c no one has complained of this in the last month at the time of this writing.

Bob D.
General Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2020

"So close to perfect, but still missing some features that are very important to us."

Comments: Very good. I

Pros: Very easy to set up. Very easy to use. I just had to add on another location we just opened and it was so straight forward. I had it set up in minutes.

Cons: I've brought this same concern up for over two years when I talk to support specialist.
When I do my annual reviews, I want to quickly be able to get to the data that shows how many times an employee was late, left his shift early or called out sick. I need that for a 365 day period.
Also, we have 7 locations and approximately 130 employees. About 10-20% of those employees move from store to store on a regular basis. We internally call them "floaters". I'd like to be able to just pick a
floater and see what his overall track record is. Printed on one page with the stores he worked at listed.
Also, because we have multiple locations and we have floaters, it would a nice feature if we could work on 2 locations at once on the same screen. Jumping back in and out of locations takes a little extra time.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2020
Paul D.
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"Clocking In for Homebase"

Comments: Overall, this software does it is supposed to do. As long as it tracks my hours and when I clock in and out, I can't complain. Everything is easy to use through the app.

Pros: We use Homebase as the timeclock for our company. All of the hourly-paid emplyees use it. It does what it needs to do, it clocks me in and out to get paid.

Cons: Can't compain about Homebase. It does what it needs to do. It clocks me in and out at work. I need to clock in to get paid.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Cynthia R.
Presidenta
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Homebase makes scheduling more productive and simpler"

Comments: definitely like the ease of it, it's simple and makes our scheduling productive and its done with a quick copy and paste and a few minor changes. Saves me so much time, and time is valuable in my shoes.

Pros: How easy it is to use and how user friendly it is. It really allows my team to be able to see their schedule on their own time, so simple for them to message me or other teammates. It's so easy for them to request time off, or update their hours. Really helped me out with these tasks that used to be a pain.

Cons: I wish there were ways to set up reminder. Like birthdays, anniversaries, etc for the admin or manager. It would be nice if we could upload documents and employee file notes on this system to make management life easier.

Guy S.
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Excellent all around labor management tool"

Comments: Love it! The software functionality has grown as our business has grown. The few times we needed customer support the Homebase team has been wonderful to deal with.

Pros: The daily dashboard and ability to create custom departments and roles makes implementation very easy.

Cons: No employee document storage, however, I believe that has been addressed recently

Latonia C.
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 Employees

"Entrepreneurs Dream"

Comments: My overall experience with Homebase has been amazing. I have been with them for many years, and to just watch and see how they have evolved and improved, has been amazing.

Pros: I love how easy it is to get around the platform, use its videos and tools to get your own answers.

Cons: If you are looking for 24 hr. or prompt customer support, this is not the platform for you.

Anthony S.
Associate Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great service, really enjoy many of the features"

Comments: It's been a great experience, and the support team has been very responsive. I've got nothing but praise for the app and I've been trying to get our company to buy in to using it more and with more advanced features.

Pros: The ability to communicate with our team without sharing everyone's phone numbers has been very helpful and has been the best way to get in touch with our team (even better than email). Plus because we are nonprofit, being able to schedule everyone's time has been great for our accounting process.

Cons: There are some pretty useful features locked into a higher tier pay wall, but really nothing we can do about that unless we want to increase our tier level. Other than that, the features we have access to have been great. A few people had issues with face/finger id on iPhone app, but it seems to have been resolved now.

Charles A.
Business Owner
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2017

"Low Stress Management"

Comments: We can not say enough about Homebase and how it has helped our business grow to 7 locations across 3 states ( FL, TX, and NV) with some 80 employees. We could not have managed our staff, Labor cost, Scheduling, Labor Cost Management, and get the support anywhere other than Homebase. When we receive calls from other companies promising everything, it's a short conversation once we inform them of all the FREE services we currently get from Homebase. Staff training took less than 5 minutes. With the Mobile App. They now schedule their own shifts and changes to the schedule. They communicate with us and other employees. Homebase feeds into our payroll, gives us a real-time complete one screen view of our organization, including real-time sales, real-time Labor cost, who is working at what location all from our mobile phone. We are able to make an adjustment on the fly if our sales to labor cost are out of balance by sending someone home early or get extra help when required. All this over a coffee or lunch. LOW-STRESS MANAGEMENT.

Pros: Easy to use.

Cons: Not available in Canada.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2017
Pete L.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

"Great scheduling platform!"

Comments: Great! Expanding our use cases to more HR centric items in near future because of our current satisfaction.

Pros: Ease of setup and use for scheduling (and time clock)!

Cons: Some limits in customization for specific industry needs due to its one size fits all approach.

Lori B.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Life Saver"

Pros: I am a new business owner ( well almost 2 years now) The first time creating a work schedule for my team was stressful and frustrating. Someone suggested Homebase. The customer service was amazing, they were patient and helpful in getting set up and comfortable. Smooth sailing now!

Cons: Can't think of anything, its so easy to use, and I love the app.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Anang M.
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Could go further"

Comments: Wanted a employee time management and scheduling solution

Pros: Easy to install and integration was pretty straightforward with our POS

Cons: Doesn’t sync well with Toast but did better with clover

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Operations Manager
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Employee Management Tool"

Comments: I love it!

Pros: I love how easy it is for departments to manage their employee schedules and messaging. Different departments all feed into this one tool.

Cons: I wish there was a way to issolate schedule templates so that department heads could load their own schedule without affecting others.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Leonard L.
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Dolly's Diner scheduling tools"

Comments: Easier Scheduling.

Pros: Very easy to implement the basics. Makes scheduling easier.

Cons: The messaging feature is getting better but still needs a lot of work and more control of who can post what and where.
The integration with our POS system (Talech) is supposed to work but doesn't. We have to run reports from Talech to gather tip amounts then manually combine them with cash tips and hourly reports from Homebase to generate payroll. Instead of trying to fix the problem Homebase suggested we switch POS providers.
Support is slow to respond and enhancement requests sometimes seem to fall on deaf ears with no feedback if problems are being addressed.

Melissa J.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"Simply the best for me!"

Comments: I have been using Homebase for over a year. It has been extremely useful for all of my scheduling needs. The few gaps present in the beginning were solved and streamlined. Support has always been over the top amazing! Thanks for a great product!

Pros: I love being able to access Homebase on my phone. The features available at the Free level are sufficient for my needs at this time and that is very helpful with so many software programs charging for the most minimal of services. I am excited that there are more robust plans available as my business continues to grow that will help me manage my team even more efficiently and with a wider range of options for structure.

Cons: No cons really because everything that has ever been difficult to use within the software has been resolved and fairly quickly.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Tarsha L.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"York Lighting Experience"

Comments: I like the system. I covers all of the basics I need to support the scheduling and timekeeping needs for my business.

Pros: Scheduling on this system is easy to do. My employees are able to swap shifts, put in time off and send me messages which is also very helpful.

Cons: Setting up a new employee is difficult and sometimes takes new users a few tries to get it right.

Leanne L.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Finally! A online scheduler that easy to use!"

Comments: This scheduler (and more) has been a huge time + business saver. You can schedule and have your staff clock in with ease.

Pros: Definitely ease of use! We have tried at least 2 prior to Homebase and they were too cumbersome to use and were ultimately ditched. Once we tried HB, everyone was able to figure out the app and can easily enter their availability. You assign staff based on their availability (or actually unavailability by day down to the hours) and staff can swap shifts if needed. You can message your team by email or the instant messenger to individuals or group. This is only the tip of the iceberg! There's team building features, sales, tip-out, time clock, 3rd party app plug-ins, reporting and so much more! This has everything already figured out! You just have to explore all the features and functions. Priced per location, but very reasonably priced that is scalable to your growing business.

Cons: Nothing we can think of except they have job market feature which allows you to post your job (to whom?). This is probably still in development and we tried it once and gotten inquiries from random job seekers from another country. Perhaps geolocation and category filters would help provide more suitable applicants.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018