You can have your cake and eat it too!

Mary W.
Director, Housing & Travel
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have a very large event that covers 14 continuous days of programming with check-ins for 15 days in a row. We also have varying rates by night, use about 60 hotels, and have sub-blocks for different types of attendees with different hotel options allowed. Our hoteliers needed Meetingmax as much as we did. I cannot imagine there being another product or group of people that could come close to meeting our needs. Every step of the way, we've felt Meetingmax make improvement in the best interest of their clients. They help us all stay viable in our industry. The entire Meetingmax staff have been nothing short of wonderful to work with.

Pros: We needed a replacement for our antiquated booking system and needed it built to our very peculiar requirements within months, not years. Meetingmax looked like the product that would keep us in business. We soon realized Meetingmax, the system and the people, were so much more than what we HAD to have. Meetingmax made it possible for us to provide service we hadn't even dared to dream of. Even today, we find ourselves anticipating using improvements they've just added that we had thought would never be possible. Evolving with technology and the hospitality industry is something we can trust with Meetingmax.

Cons: Seriously, I can't think of a downside except that we do not own it.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the great review Mary! We're so appreciative to work with amazing clients like you.

MMX has got it going on!

Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Laura P.
Event Services Manager
Events Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Meetingmax has created an amazing service that we are able to provide to our clients to solve their housing struggles. Throughout the 11+ years we've been using MMX, it has been a huge benefit to manage hotel blocks through the system and provide 24/7 tracking for current events and detailed history of all past events. Working with the Meetingmax team has been an absolute joy as they are just such a cool and inspiring organization. Throughout all the years we've worked with MMX, their support has never once wavered and they hold such a high standard of service and innovation.

Pros: The customization of this software is just insane! Each event has the ability to have so many different features and capabilities within the communication to the guest, event branding, room inventory settings, etc . Even the way you manage the system can be customized as there are various ways to run reports, create alerts, send notifications, etc.

Cons: While Meetingmax is still extremely intuitive and user friendly, it has become rather complex over the years with all the added features & capabilities so navigating the system has become a bit more intimidating as there is just more to to learn, understand and utilize.

I do not have a bad thing to say about this company or software!

Shea O.
Team Liaison and Operations Assistant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is the best way to keep track of your guests coming in. Instead of having to rely on the hotels giving you skewed numbers, now everything is done through our company. It gives us back the control and the hotels really can't argue it when it comes to reconciling bills.

Pros: This software is extremely user friendly but if there is ever any trouble you can contact Meetingmax and you have an answer or solution in no time. They are constantly listening to the needs of their clients and making changes that we ask of them. They make you feel like you are a part of the Meetingmax team and they care about your feedback. The Meetingmax Team makes everything about this software great. The guests love that they are walked through the reservation process in a few simple steps and then are updated by emails. They can make any changes on their own which makes them feel like they are in charge of their own reservation.

Cons: The one thing I would like to be a little different is that everything has to be done individually. It would be great to change a setting on a hotel and have it change in all of the events that the hotel is in.

Review from Athens

Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Jeremiah C.
Sales Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love everything about MMX. From the Unconvnetion, to customer service, these guys have it going on. I recommend them to anyone that will listen!

Pros: We love the ability to have someone answer our questions as soon as we have them. Any time we are not finding a way to get the system to do what we want it to, there is always someone there to help us find a solution or to start the process of getting a solution fixed.

Cons: I wish that it integrated a little more smoothly with registration companies. I understand that MMX has an open API, but generally, registration companies charge for an API to be created. Aside from this, the software works great!

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the review Jeremiah - you rock!

Our integration with Aventri is now complete, if you'd like more information on that registration system you can reach me at [email protected]

Fantastic Software with A+ Support

Erin S.
Sr. Manager of Housing
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love working with Meetingmax! Their team truly goes above and beyond with remarkable support – a necessity in the tech world.

Pros: The Meetingmax system is very user-friendly and innovative. I love the look of the front end of the reservation site and appreciate how easily customizable it is. Having the ability to design a reservation site to fit the overall brand for my clients creates a seamless visual experience. The option to customize using HTML is a game changer! The Meetingmax team is very proactive in seeking feedback from their users and they work hard to consistently update the system and roll out new features accordingly.

Cons: I'm waiting for the day that the system integrates more seamlessly with our hoteliers' systems, making it an easier process for them. More customizable reports would also be helpful! I know these will come!

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Hi Erin! Thanks for the great review - it's much appreciated!

MMX is very user friendly on both the front end and the back end!

Erin B.
Convention Services & Housing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love that MMX listens to their users and is constantly releasing updates. The multiple reports are perfect for hotels or clients that have different needs. This isn't software related, but every time I call MMX with a question, everyone is so helpful and nice!!

Cons: I like how information can be pulled from Simpleview, but don't like that we can't push pick up to Simpleview. For groups that have 40+ hotels, it is very time consuming to have to enter daily pick up for each hotel into Simpleview. Would be nice for the Simpleview feature to work both ways. (This could be a Simpleview issue). I don't like when an event ends on a Sunday or Monday and we have until Wednesday to reconcile. We try to get most of this done before an event concludes, but when there are multiple hotels involved, it is sometimes hard getting what we need quickly. I think 5 days to reconcile would be better.

I LOVE Meetingmax

Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Bethany L.
Destination Services and Housing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The customer service level of the Meetingmax team is very high! They offer quick responses to questions and it's clear they genuinely care about their customers. Also, the Unconvention is a great user conference! You learn valuable information and get many opportunities to network and collaborate with other MMX users.

Pros: 1. User-friendly
2. High level of customization for events.
3. Attractive front-end

Cons: 1. The rooming list procedure for hoteliers can be confusing, especially if the hotel isn't in the system all the time because system updates are frequent. 2. Meetingmax is not compatible with Passkey. This is becoming a problem for our city because four of our conference hotels are Marriott properties and the Marriott brand recently adopted Passkey.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Hi Bethany! Thanks for the great review!

My friend Meetingmaxwell

Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Brian S.
sports and housing manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Speed and accuracy, ease of use for hotel/planners, and customer service experts that are an email or phone call away to help.

Cons: Small things, overall i love the system.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks Brian! We appreciate your feedback.

Meetingmax has completely streamlined our booking and reporting processes!

Jennifer H.
Housing and Travel Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: There's a lot to love! What I like most is how user friendly it is, both on the front end for our customers, and the back end for us and our hotels. I'm impressed with the constant improvements that are being made. The partial waitlist function is awesome and has really had a large impact on our waitlist process as a whole. People are happier this year because of it. I also appreciate that 9 times out of 10, there's a customizable report that can give me exactly what I need to see. Also, the entire Meetingmax team is amazing. Your customer service is top notch.

Cons: There are some functions that could be improved. The one thing I would really like to see is the ability to send mass emails. Having to send out messages on each individual reservation does eat a lot of time that could be utilized better.

Meetingmax is the only choice for housing software!

Jayne D.
Housing and Research Coordinator
Events Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Meetingmax has the best support of any product that I currently work with. Their staff is super responsive, and actually takes your feedback into account, as well as takes the time to follow up and keep you updated on progress.

Cons: The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that they don't integrate with hotel reservation systems. However, that is a hotel con--as the primary user, I have no cons!

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the feedback Jayne - we love working with you!

Meetingmax makes my life easier!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017
Jayne D.
Housing and Research Coordinator
13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: The customer support I receive from the Meetingmax team is unparalleled! Every question or suggestion is responded to within ten minutes from the support team. The software is very intuitive for attendees and easy to teach to hoteliers. The team is constantly making improvements and listening to customer needs.

Cons: Having some sort of waiting list feature would help me out. Although this doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon, the team has been very transparent about their efforts to get this in place. I know our hotels would say that compatibility with their reservation systems would make life easier.

New to MMX

Becca L.
Housing Services Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Still new to the product. The customer service received from MMX is top notch! Love that the MMX is open to new ideas and are constantly innovating their approach.

Pros: I like the simplicity of the system especially on the front end for online reservations. Also, the Summary Tab may be my new favorite tool!

Cons: Need some reports developed and ability for email campaigns. Would like the Hotel Users to be tied to the Hotels rather than individual. It's a bit cumbersome to add new users for multiple events and then to have to keep going back into the users to give them access to new events are they are created.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the review Becca! We appreciate your feedback.

Meetingmax is wonderful to work with. The staff is always helpful & they truly do become your tribe.

Housing Manager
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Simplicity for guests making reservations, all-inclusive information in real time, customization options for each event.

Pros: Meetingmax gets the job done and it makes us look good doing it. It's very easy for the guests to use, which eliminates a lot of call ins and questions. The look and functionality of the software is unmatched by competitors.

Cons: Occasionally, on the MCP side of things, there can be certain details that aren't always the most user friendly. Sometimes it can be difficult to explain certain features to our hotel partners. However, in the year I've been with Meetingmax, they continue to address those details and improve them drastically, so it is always becoming more user friendly.

Great product with even better customer support!

Reviewed on 16/10/2017
Danielle S.
Asst. Director Soccer & Field Sports
Sports, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customers can easily book their lodging with a minimal amount of time spent doing so.

Pros: The continuous updates to they system based on industry trends and customer feedback. The ease of use of the product on the customer side is also great.

Cons: The initial set-up of events is a bit consuming and easy to miss small details that can later impact an event negatively.

Meetingmax

Melanie H.
Convention Services and Housing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Meetingmax provides amazing customer support. When I reach out I know who's going to assist me. They are more than just support, they are a part of my team. I count on them and they never let me down.

Pros: Very user friendly. Meetingmax taylors their system to their users needs. Always improving and evolving.

Cons: The hotel rooming list upload process. For our hotel partners it is very time consuming to enter hotel confirmation numbers from their PMS into Meetingmax.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks Melanie - we love being a part of your team!

Great Product and Customer Service

Joel V.
Sales and Services Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software was very easy to learn and Meeting Max provides a Training Certification Program that makes the learning process even more smooth. The functionality is great and if there ever are issues, their team is quick to listen and make improvements. They are so focused on customer success and I know that I can reach out to them whenever I have a question or concern. They are willing to walk through best steps or how to get creative in solving an issue in the system.

Cons: Not many cons I can think of at this point.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the review Joel - much appreciated!

Excellent Customer Service! Evolving software!

Rachel M.
Convention Services and Housing Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to learn, Clone Event option , Reports functions, Reservation- Search options, Summary report is very clear for inexperienced planners to understand.

Cons: 2 night minimums are tricky to manipulate and guests can technically bypass it with a change request.

I've had a really good experience with Meetingmax - it's easy to use on both the front and back ends

Bekah S.
Services Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use, intuitive, great customer service - when we have an issue I get a response from their team usually in a matter of minutes.

Cons: It'd be nice to have a few more features for planners to encourage them to log in and take an active role.

User Friendly

Shea O.
Softball Operations & Special Events
Sports, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience has been phenomenal. Any challenges I have run into, they have been very quick with the solution. They send out emails whenever any thing changes in the system so you can follow along with the improvements they continue to make.

Pros: Meetingmax is user friendly for both the building side and the booking side. The Meetingmax team is always making changes to the software to make it exactly what their clients are looking for.

Cons: There are a couple areas in the software that you have to duplicate information such as taxes. There are times I change it in one location but then you have to go through and manually change it in all locations.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the great review Shea!

User friendly across all platforms and great customer service.

Christina S.
Membership & Visitor Services Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software allows us to have a better understanding of the ROI an event brings to our community. At times the system is a revenue source as well.

Pros: Reservations are, for the most part, real time with confirmation numbers being sent to the guest. Our hotel properties find the system much easier to use than the previous system.

Cons: There are times when performing a function, and when switching gears between events, you have to go all the way out to the main page rather than being able to toggle back and forth. There are a lot of nooks and crannies that take a while to learn if you aren't in the system regularly.

My honest opinion

Janice J.
Director of Sales & Destination Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The major problems we ran into was realizing that we need a full time person to manage the room blocks that in the system and the constant retraining of the hotel staff because of high turnover. We have designated and trained a part time registration assistant for the job. Our success from this program has been great! Being able to offer our clients (mainly sports) the ability to capture a true account of their room pick up has been very well received. For the organization, we are excited about the ancillary income to our bottom line !

Pros: Its user friendliness, easily to navigate and its integration with our CRM.

Cons: The most common complaint about the system is not receiving a confirmation number as soon as they make their reservation.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Hi Janice, thanks for your honest opinion - we appreciate it!

We use Meetingmax for the housing for one event per year. I have LOVED working with Meetingmax!

Alicia B.
Group Housing & Services Coordinator
Customer Support

Pros: My favorite thing about Meetingmax by far is their customer service. There is always a friendly voice on the other end of the phone line to answer all of my questions, whether they may be smaller or larger in scale. They've always treated me like I was part of their family and are always so very helpful.

Cons: We only use Meetingmax for one event and, though there may be options that we haven't yet explored, I wish there was a cost effective way to use the system without signing up for the Annual membership.

MeetingMax

Taylor L.
Registration Services Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is very intuitive and easy to understand. Their customer service is incredible. They are very open and interested in new ideas for the software. The team is also extremely helpful when working through any issues that may arise.

Cons: There are a few reporting quirks that we are currently working through. Meetingmax has amazing customer service and they are helping us to work through our issues.

by Meetingmax on 31/07/2019

Thanks for your review Taylor!

Easy

Jordyn B.
Events Operations Coordinator
Sports, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to collect reports at the event to compare how many teams/players came from out of the area to do our economic impact reports for after action reports.

Pros: That guests/audience does not have to contact the hotels directly, it's a lot less stress on the hotels.

Cons: That the hotels sometimes don't check to see if they have new reservations, and it's hard to let a guest know that it's on the hotel end, not ours.

Meetingmax is a good quality product that evolves as necessary to meet industry needs.

Amy C.
Director of Convention and Visitor Services
Customer Support

Pros: That it is regularly updated and clients are consistently asked for suggested changes. It's reliable, easy to use and offers convention clients a good, reasonably priced solution to overseeing housing blocks for their convention.

Cons: That it doesn't link directly to hotel reservation programs. It would be nice if hotels could see updates to housing requests live and process them in an automated way.