Filter by:

• Overall

About Epos Now

Epos Now is driven by one simple motivation: to help businesses of all sizes reach their full potential through the power of the cloud.

Learn more about Epos Now

Kim B.
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2021

"Not a bad system however catered more to UK market"

Comments: I am pretty happy with the system as a whole, it is providing what I needed for the most part

Pros: Ease of use, support at the beginning was limited but got better (this could have been due to COVID)

Cons: The inventory management entering new products and receiving inventory could use a definite overhaul.
I signed up for 2 main reasons and that was an integrated payment system (which did not happen) and connected to my website for inventory purposes (which hasn't happened yet)

• Reviewed on 21/07/2021
Jerica T.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Difficult implementation, but lots of potential"

Comments: We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros: Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons: Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Michele G.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2021

"Terrible Customer Service"

Comments: This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

Pros: Easy to set up and use for basic functions

Cons: No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers and give them to the servers so that the tickets don't get switched. The worst is the almost non-existent customer service. If you need help "fast", forget it. I've waited on average of over 40 minutes to speak to a tech support member. Once I get them, they are helpful, but getting to them is crazy. I've tried the WhatsApp with the same problem. I've sent messages and didn't get any response for over a half hour. They make it sound like you will get immediate help, this is absolutely not true. I feel like once you are past your first month, you are on your own...they really don't care about you or any issues you might have. I am very unhappy with my decision to choose this POS system.

Alternatives Considered: Toast POS and Lightspeed Restaurant

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now: Ambur was discontinued

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now: Sales Rep was better and I felt like there would be good tech support....I was wrong!

• Reviewed on 30/04/2021
Catherine J.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly"

Comments: When researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily modifying prices. From the 6 different POS systems I interacted with, Epos Now was the simplest, user-friendly, and MOST economical. In addition, the customer service and response time to questions before we ever purchased the system was almost instantaneous. When your livelihood depends on being able to make sells, update products, add products, create applicable categories, track sales, itemize most often sold products, track profit/loss margins, and etc., it is a necessity to have a company that will grow with you and teaches you how to continually grow. For us, Epos Now has been phenomenal. The quick customer response and having your own 'handler' so to speak is great! I seek assistance from (Epos Now representative), and he never fails. He is quick to respond, quick to offer aid, and he teaches the program. He isn't a fixer where you have to continually call to have the same issue fixed. He is an educator. He teaches me about the errors I create when I am utilizing the system, and he demonstrates how to solve the problem.

Pros: What I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you don’t have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.

Cons: I wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.

Fran W.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2017

"Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees."

Pros: We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational. Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2017
Sherry R.
Gift Shop Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"After one year"

Pros: Great tech support, cusromizable software.

Cons: There is no user manual, and the "guide me" feature is limited

Alternatives Considered: Clover and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now: Outdated software, price

Switched From: ARBA POS

Michelle O.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2016

"Good experience with Epos Now"

Pros: Great looking product, beautiful interface. Back office component is easy to navigate and robust. Easy to find all of the reports and data I need. A component in the back office allows you to suggest improvements to the software. We are a resale shop and this software fit my needs of being able to assign store credit to my customers.

Cons: There are a few UI areas that could use improvement but nothing too critical.
Getting a hold of customer support can be tricky, I believe they are based in the UK with support in the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast so occasionally I've had to play a bit of phone tag before getting a live person.
Because I do own a resale/consignment shop, I'm adding a lot of various products to my stock list as I set up over several months, and this has required me to sign up for a Bulk Upload app which has an extra fee associated with it. This is annoying. If you add new lines of products regularly this is likely something you'd have to do, since adding products one by one is tedious. Though they will do a bulk upload for you when you first set up for free, so if you've got your product list in advance this might not be an issue.
Because some of the features are apps it takes a while to navigate to them and open them.
This being said, these are minor complaints, when I look back at some of the other systems I did look at.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2016
Michelle G.
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2018

"Terrible customer service"

Pros: The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons: Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

• Reviewed on 08/04/2018
Richard G.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"Buyer Beware!!"

Comments: Absolutely Horrible and dishonest

Pros: Friendly Customer Service Staff. Albeit their hands are tied they can do nothing to help you!

Cons: Buyer Beware Epos Now WILL SCAM YOU!! I was warned by others and because of the price-point of their system I did not listen! Please don't make the same mistakes I've made! I started by filling out a simple general interest in POS systems on Instagram and Epos aggressively stayed after me. Their sales staff are high pressure! I explained from the outset that my business was still under construction and I didn't need a system yet. I was assured that if I purchased their hardware, I would not be charged until I activated it. As of today, March 23, 2021 I've been charged every single month! I have tried since December to get this account paused and stop being charged. I've been promised every single week since the first charge that they would "pause," and refund the charges. Their staff are kind to you on the phone but they have not intentions in fixing this! They will lie to you to get your business, and God help you if you need to resolve a problem! Sure, they will answer the phone and promise that they are "investigating" the issue. They don't mean it!! Covid-19 has assaulted my business in so many ways in 2020 and I don't need a high pressure sales team lying to me and then whilst I'm still not open charge me every single month for a service I'm not prepared yet to use! I have asked since January to shut the account down. NOTHING! February, NOTHING, March, NOTHING! They are still investigating my claim! Hmmm. Please, go to other POS companies.

Alternatives Considered: Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now: Price of entry; high pressure sales

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Simon W.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Customer support representative was superb!"

Pros: Customer support representative in support was superb today i had a couple of problems, solved very efficiently and quickly.

Cons: we've been with epos now since 2015 and apart from some long wait times for support there have been very few issues

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Henry B.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"Epos Experience"

Comments: Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Pros: Easy to use Once you get the hang of it but I am not a techie so it took me a little while

Cons: Actually it’s a lot more detailed than my business requires so for me it took some time to customize it to my business

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Dottie R.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2017

"Casual Living"

Pros: Since choosing EPOS Now for our POS system at our retail store, I have been working closely with a technician in Customer Support. Even when I am frustrated and facing a difficult challenge, they have been calm and professional and always ease my mind that nothing is insurmountable.

Cons: While I can't say that my experience in trying to install a POS system has been easy, I can say that my technician has been so attentive to my needs and has gone over and above in helping me get this going.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2017
Danielle Q.
Consultant
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2018

"Very user-friendly and mobile too"

Comments: I was simply looking for a POS system to replace a very outdated one. This worked.

Pros: It has a mobile app. It was easy to sign up for and use. Its layout is super user friendly, and getting reports is a breeze!

Cons: It tends to be a little glitchy still, and I haven't used much of their hardware. THe mobile app gave me a lot of trouble for the trial before purchasing, so if you wanted to try before buying, that might be an issue.

by Naiomi on 04/09/2018

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive and informative review of your experience with the Epos Now mobile app. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed using our set up process and in-depth reporting features.

I will be sure to pass on your reports of glitching to our technical team to look into as we hope to provide a seamless experience to all mobile, tablet and hardware users alike. Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team if ever you experience any issues.

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

• Reviewed on 25/08/2018
Kevin B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

"Fantastic support"

Pros: Fantastic support team, they solve all my problems extremely efficiently and have a sense of humour too. Nice to speak to such a cheerful team. Well done.

Cons: On this occasion I called on a Monday morning so did not need to wait very long on hold but sometimes I have to wait 10-15 minites.

Daryl K.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"One of the best SAAS point of sale systems I've seen!"

Comments: Overall i rate this the best fair priced POS system available with good support.

Pros: - Great front office (terminal)
- Own backoffice module, so you can review sales, edit settings etc, manage inventory
- Smooth for full touchscreen devices. Software only or full hardware bundle available
- Connected to your system from everywhere. Even on your smartphone.
- Easy handeling of functions, they also have a guide me assistant to get started if you are a novice.
- Apps store to expand your system by your own needs

Cons: - Have to enter items manually. They do have a import module you can buy as a subscription. Can get expensive if you add all those subs in total. this should have been included in the system, at least a simple import feature.
- The app store needs to be open to third party developers

• Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Mike C.

"EPOS Retail System"

Comments: I own a C-Store and all the promos and charge accts are easily accessed and reported on.

Pros: This system was easily setup and very functional. You can access the Back Office on PC or app.
Promos easy to set up with date end date. Overall EPOS system very good for the price. Customer
Service is also reachable by phone for questions.

Cons: Can't think of any....System works as advertised.

Harry H.
Business Development Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Epos WOW!"

Comments: Its an Epos system that is truely future proof

Pros: Great epos system, really easy to use and it integrates very well with lots of other software platforms

Cons: Support can be a little slow,
The price is also pretty steep as everything seems to be an add on rather than included

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Victor H.
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2017

"I am impressed with the Eposnow POS system and service"

Pros: I am impressed with the Eposnow POS system and service, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to whoever is seriously thinking about a point of sale system. it is one thing to own a system but it is another thing to be able to help when things go wrong (and they sometimes will). Eposnow has a knowledgeable team who know what they are doing and is always ready to help.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2017
Sarah S.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"Features don't work as expected"

Pros: There is a lot of functionality in the software that works well - variants, product cost, and purchase orders.

Cons: The loyalty program, customer credit, and gift cards are combined into one feature. This did not work for us.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2018
Nadia T.
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"Adaptive Clothing Store"

Pros: The call is always informative, Customer rep has been very helpful. Got all my questions answered, no challenges. For support, he manages to find time to call me on a consistent basis.

Cons: Would love to be able to link eposnow to the web store I am creating. Have heard of an update that will allow such a thing to happen, just been waiting to know when it is available.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Bobby L.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2017

"Lukas spent quality time with me"

Pros: Lukas spent quality time with me walking me through so much valuable information. A credit to the team. I am in his debt. Great ambassador for your fine company. Bobby Lerz
Owner, Hospitality Innovations, Inc.

Cons: The phone signal did not seem very strong. We had a few times we couldn't hear each other but Lukas still got the job done.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Duncan C.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2019

"Epos Now Review"

Comments: The ease in which cash handlers can use the system. Saving money and time because the system is geared to retail.

Pros: EASE OF USE
DESIGN
SUPPORT AND TRAINING FROM TECHNICAL CENTRE
INFORMATION AT THE PRESS OF A BUTTON

Cons: CHANGING BETWEEN CASH OPERATORS IS A BIT SLOW

by Epos Now on 07/02/2019

Hello Duncan.

Thank you for leaving us a business review.
It's really great to hear that you are finding our fully customisable system easy to use.

Our cloud based system makes it easy for our award winning support team to remote on and provide technical support, this means less downtime for your system and your business.

Regarding the swapping between operatives,
I can see you have our swipe card log in, if these are not working as expected please do give us a call and we will look in to this for you.

Kind Regards
James

• Reviewed on 03/02/2019
Tori C.
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2017

"E and H Homecenter"

Pros: One of the customer representatives has been a great help to us concerning our inquiries about the system. She is always willing to help and finds ways to benefit our company's till.

Cons: Have had small issues in the past with connecting remotely for support because we are located in Haiti.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2017
Chris H.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2017

"Staff are very patient and helpful"

Pros: It does the job we need it to do, haven't used half the features yet but will do in time. The staff are very patient and helpful sorting out problems.

Cons: After updates there can be problems logging on however the staff are there to sort the problems out when they arise

Deanna J.
Worker
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2017

"Very Helpful"

Pros: Agents are very friendly and helpful, I was able to call in and have a agent remote in and fix my card machine.

Cons: We've had a few issue with the card, and employee swipe cards, but those issue were able to be resolved.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2017