15 years helping British businesses

About FraudLabs Pro

Screens credit card transactions for online frauds to reduce chargeback.

Learn more about FraudLabs Pro

Pros:

I like the ease of setup and creation of rules.

Cons:

In the month of October, Fraud Labs cost me $25604.18 when it gave me thumbs up on 5 different customers. Ratings are as follows: 2 - 8's, 1 - 10 & 2 18's.

FraudLabs Pro ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.3

8.0/10

FraudLabs Pro has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 41 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used FraudLabs Pro before?

Erik
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Great service for small companies!

Comments: FraudLabs has been easy to use for me from the get-go, and I love using their web portal and other services to quickly check over clients to ensure their trustworthiness and good intentions.

Pros:

I love that FraudLabs has an easy-to-understand pricing architechture and not a whole heirarchy of per-use billing. I also enjoy their simple web portal with lots of input fields and the ability to trial the service for as long as you want before you commit to buying.

Cons:

The one thing I might dislike about FraudLabs is because they are a monthly subscription service, a company that rarely gets customers might have an unnecessary cost tacked onto their operating expenses for a service they rarely use.

Justyn
Chief Executive Officer in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Low Cost / High Quality

Pros:

Low Cost for High Quality, Scalable Options, Ease of Use

Cons:

Documentation is not as detailed as expected

Joshua
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Frauds at Fraud Lab

Comments: Okay product with what we see as poorly operated.

Pros:

Great product, custom rules allow a solution individual to each site to be created.

Cons:

Support doesn’t respond when they owe you money. Multiple emails over 2 years still no replys on owing us money, they have responded to support requests during this time.

FraudLabs Pro Response

last year

Hi Joshua, can you please email this issue to [email protected]? Our team would like to investigate and see how we could help out on this issue.

Mike
Managing Director in Jersey
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Fraudlabs, has done what it said it would

Comments: It's definitely a worthwhile addition to any woocommerce store that worries about fraudulent transactions, before installing Fraudlabs we had a string of fraud, but since installing we have had zero beacuse of the additional information that we now have on each transaction.

Pros:

Integration to our WooCommerce store was a very straighforward process, and right out of the box it enabled us to detect fraudulent transactions, whist it isn't perfect, and you do get false positives, it enables the sales team to cross reference transactions with our payment provider and also to call the customer to get further information to determine the legitimacy of the purchase.

Cons:

We use the free version, if the paid version was a little cheaper we would probably use some of the more advanced features.

James
Web Development Manager in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Definitely works

Comments: We've seen FraudLabs take care of ecommerce fraud that we see with several of our clients (fraudulent orders, charge-backs, spam orders, etc). It works great.

Pros:

We manage many ecommerce websites for our clients. Sometimes the built-in fraud protection that some payment gateways provide just don't cut it (we were still seeing issues with fraud). When this happens, we always recommend FraudLabs for our clients, and it almost always prevents issues of fraud in the future. It just works very well.

Cons:

At the beginning it can take just a little time to configure it correctly to your liking, so it prevents fraud but isn't too hard on the scale of making orders fail.

Peter
Director of Development in UK
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

FraudLabs Pro is really for the Pros.

Comments: Overall, I see our company using Fraudlabs Pro for the foreseeable future. It's certainly a competitor against other companies providing similar services.

Pros:

The "micro" entry-level package is more than sufficient for many. For those who require more, there is an uplift which does come at a cost which is still inexpensive. The amount of data referenced and provided when required is more than sufficient for anyone to run a professional fraud prevention scheme.

Cons:

Sometimes, wording can be confusing within the UI however, this isn't very often. A lot of FraudLabs, especially when you're using an integration is usually "set and forget" which is really good.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

AMAZING Suppport, Quality and Highly Advanced Technology, i am AMAZED!!!

Comments: I have been using FraudLabs Pro for a good 6+ months now, and FraudLabs Pro is a very advanced fraud detection system for the Hosting Industry, I highly vouch and rate them including the staff at FraudLabs Pro who are highly trained in fraud detection and they can assist you out, in a highly skilled manner. Thank you very much FraudLabs Pro for serving and protecting me and my business.

Pros:

Advanced Fraud Detection, Premium Support, Quality Services and so much more. I have been using FraudLabs Pro for a good 6+ months now, and FraudLabs Pro is a very advanced fraud detection system for the Hosting Industry, I highly vouch and rate them including the staff at FraudLabs Pro who are highly trained in fraud detection and they can assist you out, in a highly skilled manner. Thank you very much FraudLabs Pro for serving and protecting me and my business.

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Worth the money

Pros:

This software does what it needs to do with no additional bells and whistles. Lets us know where the IP address is coming from and very easy to read/navigate. Not sure how well this will work with extremely large volume companies, but we cross check every order.

Cons:

Once you manually approve an order on their website, it does not update to processing on our wordpress website. Customers see their order is on hold and then we need to manually update AGAIN.

Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Selecting the Product

Pros:

Fraudlabs Pro was the first choice when it came to using it for our business. Not only did my bankers suggest it, so did my IT Team.

Cons:

Nothing really. Haven't got into a situation as yet.

Nigel
ICT System Specialist in Trinidad & Tobago
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

Pros:

I like the ease of setup and creation of rules

Cons:

At present I haven't had any Cons with the use of the software

Consumer Electronics, Self Employed

Trusting fraudlabs pro is the worst mistake you can possibly make for your business

Comments: Absolutely nothing. Trusting the opinion of their service has put my business in thousands of dollars worth of debt after approving many, many fraudulent orders.

Pros:

I used to like the fact that they have a free version, until it approved over a lot of money in fraudulent transactions... DO NOT TRUST THEIR OPINION ON YOUR TRANSACTIONS!!!

Cons:

The fact that they have almost destroyed my small business by approving so many fraudulent transactions. I'm now in debt, and no longer able to charge credit cards as my processor has dropped my business. If you are considering their service, don't. There are many other fraud services which will actually deliver on what they promise to do. And when FruadLabs Pro was faced with the fact that their service failed me so miserably, they offered to upgrade me for 6 months. Why would I possibly want that? So I can incur more fraud? No thank you. The end result, they don't stand by their product or their advice and will leave you holding the bag after putting your business in debt. If I could give them zero stars, I would.

Kelly
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Worthless

Comments: Trying to prevent fraudulent transactions. Thought it was working but I guess not. When you run a small business and you take a hit like 25K, it takes a while to recoup from that.

Pros:

Thought is seemed to work somewhat with another fraud software company.

Gee
Web Designer in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Avoid at all Costs - Conflicts with Payment Plugins

Pros:

Nothing The plugin not only didn't work, but it caused major problems to the websites and changed the status of transactions without them being paid at all.

Cons:

On our clients 3 websites it conflicted with payment plugins and caused transactions to show as paid when a payment process was not completed/aborted. Lost a lot of product/$ that was posted out, luckily we picked up the problem within days. Support had no answers for us and we had to remove immediately from all 3 online stores.

FraudLabs Pro Response

last year

Hi Gee S., can you please contact us at [email protected]? We are regret that we were unaware about the mentioned incidents, we would like to investigate this further.

Cheryl
Director of Information Technology in US
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Very helpful tool

Pros:

Very nice tool to help you determine if an order is valid or not. The free version is worth looking into.

Cons:

The custom rules may be a bit intimidating for some users

Kiaya

Awesome product

Comments: Awesome

Pros:

I really like the fact that it helps to weed out fraud and possible fake chargebacks

Cons:

I had no things that I liked least. I am overall pleased with the experience.

Kevin
Managing Director in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Great tool for ecommerce start-ups

Pros:

FraudLabs has a generous free plan, which upon creating an account comes with preset recommended triggers for fast integration

Cons:

One suggestion I have is to incorporate capability to ignore orders made with third-party marketplaces. I’ve integrated FraudLabs wth BigCommerce, and orders imported from the eBay storefront still count toward the monthly usage limits, although payments are handled within the eBay platform directly

Ben
Director in UK
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

Best software out there.

Comments: I use fraudlabs to protect my online store. It has blocked many people from the middle easten parts of the world who it deemed as unsafe to trade with.

Pros:

This software is great due to its simplicity anyone can use it, and its very secure.

Cons:

i actually havnt found any cons to using This software and would HIGHLY recommend It.

sonny
owner in Canada
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Comments: so far - so good

Pros:

ease of use, good price, EASY PLUGIN FOR WORD PRESS SITE

Cons:

installed this plug in after a fraud attack!

Radoslav
Technical Support in Bulgaria
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Good software

Pros:

We are using the software for quite some time now. It has saved our hosting business from more than a few fraudsters and we can surely recommend it to anyone. Integrations are available for almost any platform.

Cons:

Nothing, it's good and awesome. We don't have anything to complain for.

Ulisses
CEO in Brazil
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

ValueHost WHMCS

Comments: Excellent experience

Pros:

Ease of use and excelent features in the product

Cons:

Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing

Serieka
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Great app

Pros:

It sends email about potential fraud to let merchants decide if they want to cancel the order or not

Cons:

There should be a way to automatically refund customers that place orders where billing address doesn’t match registered address

Jeff
MGR in US

A great addition to our website to reduce the fraudsters.

Pros:

Rules can be customized to give us the fraud score most relevant to us. Quick response when I had questions about configuration. Wildcard blacklisting of fraudulent email domains was a big help to us. Our DEV team had the magento module installed quickly.

Cons:

More detailed online documentation would be be helpful and a lower cost plan that included more rules for a site with fewer transactions; but its still a good value so far.

Michal
CEO in Mexico
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Perfect!

Comments: Our system is fully integrated with FraudLabs, all orders are coming there to check, FraudLabs is protecting us very well, before we had many frauds, when we decided to use that service, mostly all our problems went away - reduced amount of fraud orders, and in our business is very important.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to integrate with system.

Cons:

Sometimes you need to check orders manually, but it's not that bad.

Brian
Retail, Self Employed

Just what you need. Not too little for too much.

Pros:

Does what's needed. Super easy to sniff out bad guys.

Cons:

Haven't found any cons yet. Keep up the good work.

William
Entertainment, Self Employed

Saves your bank account!

Pros:

Product is easy to use and it allows you to determine if a payment from a credit card is fraudulent or not. Interfaces with WHMCS with no problems

Cons:

No problems with software, however support takes awhlie to respond back to you. It did take more than 30 days for them to setup account.