• Overall
    4.4/5

About Hostaway

Hostaway is the fastest-growing vacation rental software for property managers in the world! More bookings. Less hassle.

Learn more about Hostaway

Justin N.
Accountant
Hospitality, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"Hostaway Review"

Pros: Very easy to use and it is good to book rental vacations

Cons: everything is good with this software but customer service does take a while.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Aleksandra Z.
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"This is what you need for your business "

Pros: I have used another channels manager before and to compare to them this is the best!
I don't have any problems with synchronisation, no overbooking, that makes my life much easier ))
As well I save lot of time on messages. Because you can use automations in Hostaway. This software is easy to use, big advantage is app for your phone. And I would like to mention that this team is really working hard and they always improve this software, they listen you! You don't need 80 channels to sell your apartment. Hostaway has enough channels for max occupancy rate.

Cons: May be would be good to make an option to copy prices for another apartment (because I have 4 same apartment in the same building), so I don't need to spend my time to make prices for similar apartments.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Brian B.
Gm
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Good for basics "

Comments: Sugar coated software

Pros: Initial set up and support was great, great for small property owners

Cons: Support after set up, functionality, crucial issues don’t get fixed (it’s been months)

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Breean H.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"WE LOVE HOSTAWAY"

Pros: We did several demos on different PMS companies. What I learned is that everyone offers something different. Hands down, Hostaway has been the best fit for our needs and the customer service is nothing short of top-notch. Highly recommend them!!!

Cons: Every software is not going to have all your needs but Hostaway has worked with me, listened, and responded to all my needed request. I'd love to see automated smart responses and few other efficiencies added to the PMS but this company is passionate and committed to working with the client and I feel like a partner with this team rather than a customer. I'm a big fan :)

• Reviewed on 30/03/2020
Serena S.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Makes my day more efficient"

Comments: Excellent quick replies on questions. They offer a product that is easy to navigate quickly.

Pros: LOVE IT - so easy on mobile! Automations are life changing :P Price point can't be beat!

Cons: Wanting more services so I can continue making my life easier! :) I have just added Stripe payments with HostAway which is great too!

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Sophie D.
Property Administrator
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Review"

Comments: They have helped us link all our properties and ensure we can respond from one central messaging system

Pros: Helpful functionality, great customer service and support

Cons: Nothing we are very happy with it. Any teething problems have been resolved by the customer support service

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Gary F.
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"The team makes the product"

Pros: After trying many alternative solutions on the market, we finally found Hostaway. While not perfect, it outperformers their rivals and offers a far more cost effective solution. The best bit however, is the people behind the product. Whenever we encountered a challenge or an issue, the Hostaway team worked to solve it rapidly. What impressed me most was that during the Covid-19 issue, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on the phone, helping customers. That says it all really. Would recommend.

Cons: Would have liked easier setup process as it required changing of all logins.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2020
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Hostaway Has Streamlined Many Aspects of My Business"

Comments: Hostaway has treated me with great care and respect. Due to their commitment to their customers and the time and care, they have spent with me, and the fact that they are growing every single day despite the success level they have already reached; Hostaway is a company I plan to stay with for the rest of my vacation rental management career.

Pros: What I love most about Hostaway is the ability to organize guest info and messaging onto one platform which has enabled the fastest guest response rates of my entire career.

Cons: Many kinks in the system still as they are a younger company. But every day that I reach out to the support to report that something is either wrong with my account or something is wrong in the entire system, they immediately get to work on correcting the error no matter large. The last issue I flagged for Hostaway was something that negatively affected EVERY user of their software. They had this corrected in just a week. The most recent issue I reported was also something that affected every user and they are working hard even now to correct it in a timely manner. There may be many kinks to still work out throughout their platform, but their ability to accept my feedback to then correct it immediately makes them the company I want to stick with. They even take suggestions for additional features that a property management service can prove they need and they are currently working at developing a feature I suggested myself for Q2 2019 release!

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Lisa M.
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2017

"Great PMS and channel manager in one that actually integrates with Airbnb. Continually improving!"

Pros: Integrates with a number of good channels for STRs and they have very responsive customer service. Any time I have a question I get an answer within a day, and they even update me on development timelines so I know what new features to expect. I've watched this company grow and hope to see even more out of it in the future

Cons: Still a little new (as of spring 2017) so some kinks being worked out, and some features are needed to make it truly powerful, but I feel confident that this time next year they will have all the most important features down pat!

• Reviewed on 07/05/2017
Sean R.
Owner / Manager
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2017

"Excellent Software"

Comments: As an independent property manager, I have been looking for a low-cost solution to help manage my vacation rentals. A lot of the online PMS solutions out there are just too bloated and expensive. Since I manage less than 10 rentals, I needed something with reasonable costs and that fit my workflow. Hostaway is an Airbnb first platform which is great since that is where I earn most of my business. They are able to propagate the Airbnb listing on many other platforms and sync my calendars and rates. There are a few glitches and learning curves to overcome but the customer service has been very responsive. Overall, I'm very happy that I found Hostaway and I will continue to use them.

Pros: It fits my workflow and has great features. Not too bloated like other PMS solutions. Excellent for freelance property managers.

Cons: There are some glitches but overall the software is easy to use and navigate.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Vasilis D.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"The Best Channel Manager"

Comments: Hostaway is an excellent channel manager. I have been using it the last 3 years between my team and has helped to organise my properties with ease! Everything is synced between all channels, prices, availabilities etc. With task manager my cleaners are all informed on when they have to visit a propertiy and all the details they have to take care. The Hostaway team is always there for me, at any question I might have and always get under consideration any feature proposal!! Overall, I would not change the Hostaway at all!! Thank you very much Hostaway team!Keep Up!

Pros: Ease of use
Availability Synchronisation
Price Synchronisation
Wordpress Plugin
Messages
And Many many other features

Cons: There is nothing I don't like with Hostaway. A few times I have asked for something that is not available, the Hostaway Team added it to their "To do list" and gets it done very soon!!

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Landon G.
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2019

"Hardest working team in the vacation rental software industry!"

Pros: Hostaway comes highly recommended from us as the clear cut best value for the money vacation rental software. For a relatively low per listing monthly fee everything is included. Perhaps the best part of Hostaway is their clear interest in improving their software. They continue to make improvements and make it easier to use and more functional for vacation rental managers. When I have an issue their support team is quick to respond to me and also quick to fix the issue. Once you begin working with Hostaway its clear to see the people behind it are the ones you want to align your business with.

Cons: It does not have all functionality of other vacation rental management softwares. It does not have integrated automatic credit card processing and a few other features are missing. However it was missing more features a year ago, but the Hostaway team continues to fill in the gaps!

• Reviewed on 09/05/2019
Ulrich F.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Essential for daily business of property managers"

Comments: I want to highlight that I am a user from the start and admire the accessibility of the Hostaway team and that the listened to what we need and then develop most relevant features.

Pros: Essential for daily business of property managers. We were able to automate most of regular tasks (messages, payment) and are able to cross post on various platforms. Hence, Hostaway allows us to focus on what is core - adding new properties with ease.

Cons: Nothing. Some elements are yet in beta, but they will get there.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Rebecca S.
Analyst
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Hostaway, yet another amazing booking software."

Pros: The customer service for Host away is exceptional. Whenever there is a problem or there is an issue setting up the interface, Host away staff is there 24/7 to help with any questions. The ease of use, functionality, and appearance of the product is also great.

Cons: The payment process has been a bit clunky at times, but that may have just been our server. Other than that and sometimes being slow, this has been a very helpful product!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Simon P.
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Great product with innovativ ideas"

Pros: Easy to use and very straight forward. Details are very carefully thought through. Great and fast support. Especially our customer rep. knows the product very well and has great to ideas for solving upcoming problems. All in all great value for money.

Cons: Few things are in early stage but getting developed and improved more and more. For connection apartments, the implementation is still a bit though but I´m sure our customer rep. and his team will solve that soon.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Jochem B.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Respons / Have a nice stay "

Comments: I am very happy with the help I have received [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], they have all helped me very pleasantly, i'm happy about that.

Pros: 1 agenda , multiple bookingsites, template messaging

Cons: it does not recognize languages, i working and answering in 3 languages , you can't schedule a template per property per language.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Pawe P.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Just superb"

Comments: I have to really admit that hosteway from the early beginning is the only one channel manager I use. I got two listings which are basically managed at all stages through hostaway. The constant development and new addons makes it better & better and its really worth to consider for "small" hosts like me.

Pros: Easy dashboard, multi new addons, useful, essentials

Cons: Not accurate "earnings section" lack of precise currency exchange and missing externals fee like cleanings

by Hostaway on 07/07/2018

• Reviewed on 24/02/2017
Andrea H.
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2020

"Excellent product and service"

Comments: Great service all round and easy to use

Pros: Automatically updates and syncs my calendar across booking platforms.
Auto messaging to guests
Excellent onboarding support

Cons: One of our booking platforms would not allow automated messages as we did not have enough properties listed

• Reviewed on 05/04/2020
Artem B.
SEO
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Great customer service"

Pros: Very easy to add platforms, perfect message automation

Cons: I need more options to the mobile app!!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Frank S.
Owner and Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2017

"Best booking app for hosts on the global market"

Comments: Easy to use interface, speedy synchronization of various booking platforms, constantly improving functionality and the BEST customer service one can think of, makes this clever software the best on the market!

John B.
MD
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Great overall, customer support needs improvement. Integration with some channels slow."

Comments: All in one place platform

Pros: Good all in one package, easy integration with Airbnb, good layout, each unit calendar is good, the same basis as Airbnb.

Cons: Support.
Sales don't fulfill their promises.
Multi-calendar needs work. Keeps jumping after each input.
Revenue manager needs improvement.
2 months later and still not connected to my major bookings provider.
Guys, if you had sent me a review form, I would have told you all this.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Viktor K.
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2017

"It works better then expected."

Comments: I was searching the internet far and wide for a solution that would reliably sync our room. It does this without fail. What I like the most is the super fast support. I needed help to find some settings and had some general questions about pricing when the chat support came in handy. I've learned about the Hostawey platform trough a web forum when doing my research.

Pros: Simplicity of GUI and use.

Cons: Some features didn't work at first; multicalender didn't show occupation of rooms correctly.

Moira O.
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"Overall a good product"

Comments: As a time and effort saver, even in its present partly developed state, this is a very usable product. There are still a few hiccups but so long as one is aware of them, they do not detract from the usability, merely that the additional functionality can't yet be relied upon, specifically the automation which has not worked for us.
Overall, we are very pleased and would not like to be without it!

Pros: Automated connection to AirBnB and Booking.com ensuring that there is no double booking.

Cons: Automation not yet working

• Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Josh W.
Tax accountant III
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Hostaway Vacation Rental Software"

Comments: It can be used by not only the owner but it can also be used by a property manager, it appears to me that it can be used simultaneously to manage many different properties and to tackle a lot of challenges that property managers face.

Pros: Able to have direct bookings from site has easily made it easier to generate more revenue and easier on the end user.

Cons: Not sure that a mobile app was the best thing to add into the capabilities or focus as it is so much easier to use a computer to access and better overall use.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Kalyn H.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"Good first impressions"

Pros: I was checking out host away to manage some vacation rental postings on multiple platforms. Hostaway streamlines the rental system by combining bookings from several medias. The interface is easy to use and doesn't overwhelm you with a lot of options!

Cons: I have not contacted customer service yet, so I can't comment on the service communication however, it does seem like they've had an influx of customers resulting in a slightly less personal experience.

• Source: GetApp