15 years helping British businesses

Remote Desktop Manager Reviews

About Remote Desktop Manager

Centralize all your remote connections, passwords, and credentials into a unique platform that people love to work with.

Learn more about Remote Desktop Manager

Pros:

Our IT support team is in a different physical office, so when we need IT support, Remote Desktop Manager allows remote assistance in a straightforward and simple solution.

Cons:

A lot of disconnection issues and slow load up sometimes which can be annoying to deal with when in a time crunch.

Remote Desktop Manager ratings

4.4
4.4
4.6
4.5

8.7/10

Remote Desktop Manager has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 363 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Remote Desktop Manager before?

Bruno
Bruno
CEO in Brazil
Internet, Self Employed

Complete Free solution for individuals.

Pros:

Complete solution, I use it mainly to centralize all my connections, logins and this helps me to gain time and productivity. I can't live without it anymore. The free version will suit you very well if it is for just 1 individual.

Cons:

Worth the price if you have a company with a few employees and you want to get organized, but it can be a little steep depending on which country you reside. In my case, I'm from Brazil and the conversion to Dollars is cruel.

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great tool for managing multiple RDP connections

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I have used other RDP tools but for me Remote Desktop Manager stands out due to it's great user friendly interface and the ability to remember credentials on my secured laptop. It's really handy to use all the features that it offers and I use it on daily basis to remote to several servers simultaneously without any hiccups.

Cons:

Nothing. All features are great and it's a cool product

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

I don't like this sw at all, sorry

Comments: I'm using this sw from years and I'm totally not sadisfied. Too slow, too complex, and buggy. At least they needs to have 2 interfaces, one advanced and one lite with 10% of the options. they also needs to have a better quality check on the sw because it's usually buggy (or at least insert LTS version , so a user could update 2 or 3 times per month and other if they like will keep all the updates).

Pros:

Full of functionality and features. If you think about a vpn, a remote connections this software has the plugin to automate the process. It's also secure because data are centrally stored with rbac config.

Cons:

Well.... to heavy , this sw is always slow. I've changed my laptop with a new one with i7 and ssd with 32gb of ram and it's still slow! It's buggy... i usually skip some version because they add whatever plugin or functionality you probably never use because you will not be able to find it and they broke something you are using. The ui is confusing, too many options available.

Sara
Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

RDM forever

Comments: For me, Remote Desktop Manager is a must. I don't need to remember or check address and credential for every machine/site I need to be connected (or create many RDP shortcuts on desktop), my work is simplified. RDP also keeps a connections log.

Pros:

I daily use Remote Desktop Manager as I need to remote connect to many server and https websites, and it allows me to do these tasks in a quick way and save a lot of time. First You create a connection choosing the type and filling all the informations required. Every time you will need to connect you will just have to click on open session button. If you need to change anything in the connections you create, just right click on properties and set the new value (e.g. the password).

Cons:

The program may take some time to load and may seems to hang The configuration of SQL source may need some knowledgement

Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

remote support solution for IT asset management

Comments: good

Pros:

easy to use, easy to deploy and the ability to track ontime

Cons:

connection is seamless, but It should support unattainable login

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Remote Desktop Manager Review

Comments: Remote Desktop Manager is a very impressive piece of software. I was surprised by the features, as I only expected remote desktop capabilities. Not for beginners, but has the power to perform more than what you will need it for.

Pros:

First and foremost you can download a FREE version of this application. There is an Enterprise version that has many more features relating to reporting, security and team level access. The software is very powerful and can access different forms of remote data, such as cloud storage and remote databases, as well as screen sharing, file transfer and SSH capability.

Cons:

Remote Desktop Manager is an in-depth program with many features. Using this program as a beginner can be daunting. To effectively use this application, I needed to watch/read the introductory tutorial videos, documentation and search for YouTube videos. Without looking at the support material, I would have find it difficult to use this software.

James
Systems Administrator in US
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Remote Desktop Manager Review from Sys Admin

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of use from a day to day perspective and from an implementation/setup process. We use RDM for our cred vault, RDP launching. It's been great to set permissions based on a users role in the company.

Cons:

There's a lot you can do with the tool that i can be overwhelming.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Excellent!

Comments: Overall, very happy with this piece of software and would recommend it to people wanting to manage large RDP work loads

Pros:

This makes it very simple to log into remote sessions and is far better than the windows option

Cons:

The interface can be quite lagging on high resolution displays. This is a common complaint I’ve seen

Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

Great, Simple and Easy

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Its Simple and easy to use. Not any complications. Just connect to VPN and access your remote desktop

Cons:

The only downside is some of the features which are available in normal desktop are disabled in remote.

Rupinder
Developer in UK
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

RDM review

Comments: One of the important product to give you ease of management of service and control

Pros:

Controlled access and ease of management

Cons:

Since this reliant on internet sometime it can be very slow

Nteziyaremye
IT in Rwanda
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

What is Remote Desktop Management and how does it affect the world?

Comments: I was working on a voting task which required a lot of people and finishing as soon as we can but the problem was how we could even meet up when we wasn't in the same location, so we decided to use the Remote Desktop Management so that we can finish on time and at a high pace and we did it. Usually, the task could have taken more days or weeks but with the help of Remote Desktop Management, there was everything at our plate and all we was asked to do was using our speed only, i mean, the security was well maintained, their was real-time monitoring system which kept our boss very updated every time and the interface was very user friendly.

Pros:

There is a lot of things to like about this software but the most ones are it's Improved efficiency, RDM can streamline the management of remote desktop systems, reducing the time and effort required to manage these systems. Increased security, RDM provides a secure way to manage remote desktop systems, helping to prevent unauthorized access and ensuring that sensitive data is protected. Centralized management: Remote desktop management provides a centralized way to manage remote desktop systems, allowing administrators to easily monitor and manage these systems from a single location and it is a very good software when it come to the integration due to it's API ( Application Programming Interface) which can be configured to work well with other different softwares even third-party ones and all of these. lead to an strong organisation.

Cons:

Likely, like all technology softwares, RDM has also some limitations like: 1.Complexity: RDM can be complex to set up and manage, especially for organisations that have large and complex remote desktop environments. 2.Performance issues: RDM can impact the performance of remote desktop systems, especially for organisations that have a large number of remote desktop systems. 3.Security concerns: Although RDM provides increased security for remote desktop systems, it can also introduce new security risks, such as the possibility of unauthorized access to remote desktop systems or the loss of sensitive data . 4.Cost: RDM can be expensive, especially for organisations that have large and complex remote desktop environments. And due to all those reasons, some users may quit using it and start looking for new softwares.

Frank
VP in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

System Administration Streamlined

Comments: In January 2016, our company, Holland Computers, Inc. was selected for a case study using Remote Desktop Manager. This is a product that I strongly believe in. Rarely does a tool come along that becomes your entire toolbox. In the course of doing my daily work, I have to make hundreds of connections to remote servers, manage those servers, databases, web sites, application servers and developers. RDM gives me a centralized, single pane of glass from which to do all of it. I can store passwords using my favorite password manager, Keepass, write and assign scripts, manage services, and build custom connections to every device, server and workstation I manage. The best part is that my entire team can use this and we don't have to keep redundant information in multiple places. Now, we can collaborate as a team, updating and sharing tools and connections in a way that makes all more efficient! Get your copy here: http://devolutions.net/ref/545020

Pros:

Efficiency. It brings all of my systems into a single pane of glass. I also enjoy the numerous connection types that allow me to completely customize the product for my teams use.

Cons:

I've been using this product for 2 years. I have yet to find a limitation...

No work day without Remote Desktop Manager!

Comments: saves a lot of time, the search for passwords finally belongs to the past - a centrally repository and the changes are in seconds on all clients available - also perfect is the offline mode! Also, if you on the way, you can use one of the mobile apps to get access fast and secure (supports also the offline mode!)

Pros:

-) Team Management -) Security Role Based -) Centralized Password Management with granular security -) Many VPN Add-Ons -) Web Browser Integration (Devolutions Web Login) -) Available on Android & iOS -) Centralized Templates -) Features like open VPN automatically if ping fails! -) Support the import from many other programs -) Subconnections -) To-dos with reminder feature -) Documentation section -) Support variables -) Last but not least - the Support!

Cons:

I've been using this product for 3+ years now so - hard to believe but at the moment there are no criticisms.

, 51–200 Employees

Remote Desktop Manager - A brilliant multi-tabbed remote desktop management app

Comments: Easy and quick access to all of my estate. It is easy to setup a remote desktop profile for every machine and a click gets me straight in whenever I want. Each one appears in a separate tab and they can remain open for as long as I need them to.

Pros:

Remote Desktop Manager seems to do what is does best quite simply, and that is be a very useful way of viewing many remote desktops in a multi-tabbed environment. I am able to view the remote desktops of any PC or server whenever I want. But it doesn't stop there. It also allows other remote connections protocols to be used, such as VNC. I can group machines however I want. So I can have servers in one group, banks of PCs in another etc.

Cons:

None worth noting. However it does sometimes crash out when a new version is available. But that could be my machine.

Best Remote Desktop App I've used

Pros:

I used to love an app (Mac) called CoRD. It beautifully laid out multiple connections in a tabbed layout minimizing the number of windows I had open. However, as the Mac OS evolved the app did not and stopped working with newer versions. I then came across Remote Desktop Manager and it does all of that and much much more. You can create workflows to connect to a VPN first, save specific credentials for different connections, and even setup remote connections for Telnet and SSH to network devices.

Cons:

Honestly, the only part that's hard to swallow is the price. There is a free version, but it limits the connections you can create. I believe the paid versions is close to $200 for the Enterprise edition.

Sean
IT Manager in UK
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

It's the product to beat for system administrators looking to manage remote resources

Pros:

Every now and then, a piece of software comes along that genuinely saves time and makes things easier. Remote Desktop Manager is absolutely one of these products. I've been using RDM for many years and it's my single go-to application for managing not just remote desktops, but SFTP connections, cloud resources, online applications, printers and more. It's very customisable. The product has many built in connection types, but you can also create your own with scripts and chain commands together.

Cons:

There's very little I'd say I dislike. The program isn't the fastest to load, but I spend all day within its user interface so it's not something I experience often.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

One of the best software i use.

Comments: It save me so much hassles when connecting to remote and local services.

Pros:

The software supports so many connections types. It provides for cascading credentials so i can create connections and then move them around between folders when i migrate connections from different environment, saving me time and money when i do migrations. It can test connectivity and react accordingly when trying to connect saving hassle when using my laptop from remote locations.

Cons:

I have not found any real cons on this software. Although you may find some minor bugs every once in a while they are usually fixes very quickly.

Marc-Olivier
Marc-Olivier
System Administrator in Canada
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

It allows our team to share RDP config and password and prevent us from duplicating those.

Comments: My team loses a lot less time duplicating RDP sessions
My team loses a lot less time when changing their password (every 90 days)
Folder organization and inheritance makes everything way more efficient

Pros:

Organize your RDP sessions Enter your password once and apply it via inheritance on multiple RDP sessions (either shared or personal passwords) Share RDP sessions with colleagues (stop duplicating configuration)

Cons:

UI is hard to customize So much features that are spreaded everywhere makes it difficult to leverage most of them A lot of UI elements seem out of place and are not really user friendly

Jenna
IT Support Consultant in UK
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

must have

Pros:

This really is a must have piece of software, we are able to connect/disconnect quickly to different servers with ease. You can store the logon credentials if needed which really speeds things up. It's really easy to set up and configure, users of all ability have been able to set up this up with minimal support. My favourite feature is that you can share connections with other users, this makes our day to day life easier when we employ new staff.

Cons:

Nothing, yet to find something we don't like.

Andrés
Dn in Spain
Environmental Services, 201–500 Employees

It exists, trust me you have to try it

Pros:

All in one place, and shareable, different technologies works like a charm

Cons:

Poorly translate to Spanish and other languages

Scott
Senior Systems Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Remote desktop Swiss Army knife

Comments: It is a feature complete product and very well thought out. It has the ability to connect to so much stuff. The Development team is very active and they participate in their forums which is great.

Pros:

This application has it all. It connects to anything you could want to remotely administer. from SSH to RDP to VNC to Vmware view it has it all. You can share connections between a team as well via a SQL database or other means. It works well for every occassion. Support is great and they strive to satisfy all of their customers. This is a really great application and it runs on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.

Cons:

No Linux version but they say that they are considering it.

Ferry
Sr System and Network administrator in Netherlands
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

For me the number one tool to manage servers

Pros:

- Easy to use - Build in ssh, rdsp web, database access, S3 browser, VPN, etc.. - Can be integrated with password tools like LastPass, KeyChain (and many others) - Can start scripts/programs before or after making connections - Can start a VPN before connecting to a server/ and stopping VPN after disconnecting - Group servers/connections in Folders - Store contact details

Cons:

- Crashes sometimes - Some work is involved when switching from the Windows to the Mac version

, 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool. Lots of advanced features.

Pros:

A great multi-tool. Connects to all manner of remote devices. I love the multi-user functionality. Gives us one place to store device information and login credentials (even per user credentials). Very active updating/extending.

Cons:

I haven't had the easiest time learning some of the features. This tool is *great* if you already know a lot about protocols, authentication, private keys, etc. But don't come here expecting it to tell you/help you learn how to set these things up.

Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

I like that it makes it easier for me to work remotely because I am able to log into my office computer from home instead of lugging a laptop back in forth (for the days I have to work in-office) or having my password information stored on two different PC’s (which is very risky).

Cons:

The complexity needed for the password is a little outrageous, but I understand why it has to be. Protection from hackers and data breaches. Other than that it’s great.

Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

The gold standard for remote desktop software

Pros:

It is rock solid, and connects up each time. I have never had any issues with using it. I can copy and paste from the remote to my local desktop with ease. It does not have many fancy features, but that is a pro as it does exactly what you need it to do without a lot of other features cluttering up the UI

Cons:

My only gripe is that you have to move the window to go to the corner of the screens. Radmin moves the screen with you as you move the mouse out of cursor range, but RDM forces you to use the windows scroll bars for some reason. it may just be a setting, but it was something I noticed.