Filter by:

• Overall

About Semrush

Semrush is a leading online visibility management software-as-a-service platform.

Learn more about Semrush

Showing 1,437 reviews

Naz H.
Google Consultant in UK

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

4 5 months ago

Comments: Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

Pros:

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

Cons:

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

Alternatives Considered: Ahrefs and Moz Local

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: This is a richer tool

Switched From: Majestic

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: Value for money, functionality and dashboard at the time of sign up.

5 months ago

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Ray G.
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Bang for Your Buck

5 last year

Comments: As a small niche company serving clients throughout the USA and Canada, SEMrush has made us more efficient. We deliver as good or better quality data that larger companies, and still keep it personal.

Pros:

SEMrush offers a lot more features compared to similar products/services. Keyword research and site audit is just the tip of the iceberg. The customized reporting is great for distributing to clients or potential clients. The writing assistant tool that connects to Google Docs helps us stay efficient. We also use the social media posting tool, which is a once bonus feature. Also, I started using the marketplace feature, which is an additional cost. SEMrush has the majority of features that marketing folks need.

Cons:

There is not enough units in the Plagiarism checks (10) and Social profiles (50) for posting compared to the number of projects (200) in the subscription.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: We did use Moz Pro, but found that SEMrush had more features and it is more customizable.

Switched From: Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: We use Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog and SEMrush.

last year

Hi Ray, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Will pass your feedback on units to the team for consideration.

Tim J.
Lead Content Specialist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

Extremely useful, but sometimes unwieldy and expensive

5 last year

Pros:

SEMrush is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools I've ever used. It's a great way to track our keyword performance across many crucial terms for which we need to rank for our business success, and it also helps us track benchmark performance metrics like Authority Score and Page Rankings with incredible detail that helps us know what's working and what isn't.

Cons:

I don't like that there isn't an option to purchase a single subscription for a certain amount of users; instead, one has to add users individually to an account for an additional monthly subscription rate. This puts SEMrush far and away in a much more expensive category than almost any other leading SEO tool

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: Moz Pro was set up in our organization a long time ago by someone who knew truly little about SEO, so SEMrush gave us an opportunity to start from scratch with a new tool that had very useful and easy to use keyword tools in addition to numerous other tracking tools that have helped us improve our understanding of our organic performance.

last year

Hi Tim, thank you so much for the review you left us! Great to hear you enjoy so many features. We will also consider your feedback on multiple users option!

Susan S.
Partner in US

Great Product for SEO

5 last year

Comments: Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Cons:

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: I just felt SEMRush was easier to use, give me what I am looking for and has useful suggestions.

Switched From: Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: I like the UI better and the information that was provided. I had a hard time getting around the other software.

Alex P.
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager in UK

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

5 2 years ago

Comments: We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases. Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over. In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them. Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros:

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible. - Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching. - Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually! - Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained - Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons:

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky: - The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation) - It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Brooks M.
Brooks M.
Digital Marketing Specialist in US

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

5 2 years ago

Comments: We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pros:

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Cons:

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: Though we loved Moz, SEMRush just provided a larger toolset and ultimately allowed us to save money. We at the time also switched because Moz's link database was pretty small – but they've since updated.

Switched From: Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.

Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions. Google Ads analysis and keyword competition provides insight on how to create a niche for our clients. Not to mention, spying on competing businesses and their estimated Google Ad spend. We've managed to address ad optimization for stronger performance. SEMRush seems to be continuing to improve the product. For example, the On Page SEO Checker provides detailed analysis on additional keyword word usage and phrase usage to help improve pages. Although it is not perfect, it is definitely being improved and helps provide guidance.

Pros:

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains - Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words - Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring - Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

Cons:

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

Alternatives Considered: Serpstat, Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Switched From: Serpstat, Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: Our business was set out to find the best tools for our match our digital marketing service offerings. Through multiple trial periods across various softwares, we narrowed down to SEMRush providing the best tools for our services being offered. From website audits, keyword rank and tracking and SEO performance metrics we wanted to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions to help with their business website needs.

SEO Manager in US

SEMRush is an industry leading tool

5 10 months ago

Comments: I used to like AHREFs more, but I've come to trust SEMRUSH. I've used it for several years in conjunction with other tools. Although it's probably not the most advanced in terms of AI for things like content analysis, it's on par with most other offerings (most AI tools are still pretty shotty anyway).

Pros:

What I like most about SEMRush is the ability to perform several key aspects of SEO in one place, KWR, technical auditing, and offsite auditing while knowing that the tool is comparable in quality to AHREFS, MOZ and other industry leading tools.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to copy all tables from the site directly into a spreadsheet. It works for some tables but not for all. This would save tons of time compared to downloading and converting CSV files. The limitations on users are annoying and costly too, but not different from what I've seen from other SAAS tools. The crawl tool also doesn't allow a quick export of say, pages and page headings which makes using a second tool like Screaming Frog necessary.

Stephen S.
Director in UK
Internet, Self Employed

SEMrush is invaluable for SEOs!

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I use so many features of SEMrush every day. Unrivalled competitor analysis, accurate position tracking, keywords magic tool is really useful.

Cons:

There isn't really anything I dislike - Moz and Ahrefs are better in some features but SEMrush is the best overall package in my opinion.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: SEMrush, to me, is an overall better package.

Switched From: Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: SEMrush does everything to a high standard and is my first choice - Competitor analysis and project tracking swings it for me.

2 years ago

Hi, Stephen! Thanks for giving us this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our tools!

Ayuk A.
Ayuk A.
Internet marketer in Cameroon

Semrush Seo tool Reviews

5 2 months ago

Comments: Has really been helpful for finding the right keywords for my marketing campaigns with over 64.18% profit ROI. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros:

Honestly, Semrush has helped me to understand the importance of SEO overview in marketing terminology. I appreciate how intelligent the Magic tool works. Gosh! it's such a powerful tool for finding the best performing marketing and low-competition keywords. Some years back, on major ads investments, I use to get just about 42% profit ROI...After several keyword analyses and competition in general, today, I am able to hit hard on the right target and this is thanks to the advanced keyword insights I get from Semrush. They have quality customer support services, I must admit that they are doing a good job. This tool is simple to use, if you ask me yet, remains a fire rocket for any marketer who's willing to explore high marketing ends of the digital world.

Cons:

Although they do offer two weeks( and sometimes 30 days ) free trials, On the first attempt, I tried signing up for a trial with my master card but got declined on several occasions...which I truly believe, wasn't due to my card but probably, some internal errors. This is an aspect SEMRUSH should think of improving if they want to increase their customer retention rates. Secondly, they should consider setting affordable subscription plans. Not all businesses can afford to spend up to$100 and above per month on just SEO...They should give thought to this. It's true, the effectiveness of their services is worth their prices but, the fact remains that, the customer is the king.

George B.
COO in US

We Use SEMrush Daily For Social, Search, & Advertising

5 last year

Comments: We use it daily to manage multiple clients in search, social, and advertising.

Pros:

I am a huge fan of using the keyword tools to brainstorm ideas and concepts. I appreciate the ad text history too although sometimes it is hard to know if an ad remained running because it was successful or the advertiser was lazy. We also have a separate reporting system, but find ourselves using some of SEMrush's reporting for things that our other product doesn't provide.

Cons:

Not a fan of using their branding on the reporting in the way that they do with logos on a paid account. That's a nasty way to force an upgrade. I wouldn't mind branding in the footer or even a subhead, but they do this in a big way. To be fair, they're not alone, but it's a turnoff every time I see it.

last year

Hi George, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Christopher H.
Digital Strategist in US

Give your marketing a competitive advantage with SEMrush

5 5 days ago New

Comments: SEMrush is a great tool for SMEs or marketings seeking to go a bit beyond tools like Google Analytics or Search Console. There are plenty of tools, reports and competitive analysis functions that can provide all kinds of insight. It can be easy to get overwhelmed with it so start with a few tools and then use the blogs and website to continue to explore the rest of features.

Pros:

The keyword magic tool is so useful and much easier to use that Google's keyword planner. The quick access of keyword variations and having themes grouped allows you to quickly develop insight into useful terms and where you may have the best opportunity to rank.

Cons:

Once you get beyond content optimizations and into the technical side of SEO the tools maybe a bit more advance for those without a development background or those just starting to get into SEO.

Arjunsinh C.
Arjunsinh C.
SEO Specialist in India

Stay ahead of your competition

5 2 years ago

Comments: It has saved by time by more than 50-60%, reports runs on cloud, best suggestions based on the competitor analysis and link building suggestions along with the outreach pitch, what cold be better than this for a SEO guy.

Pros:

There are lots. Its complete All in one SEO pack for SEO experts. Let it be website auditor's suggestions, technical SEO, on-page off-page, keeping eye on your competitor, researching links for Link building, keyword research or white label report, SEMRush is the answer. The provide more than what they charge for. 99/100 SEO will have this as a their SEO weapon against their competitor.

Cons:

Though, there are none. But, I would recommend if they could update all the keywords daily, people won't have to buy any keywords tracking tool, currently only important keywords are updated and not all, rest is perfect.

Richard W.
CEO in US

A True Force in the SEO Tool Industry

5 3 years ago

Comments: SEMRush is a powerful SEO tool that can provide insightful data and analytics for individuals or SEO agencies. It has helped us track numerous different websites, SERP rankings, and find potential keyword opportunities. In my opinion, this is a valuable investment for anyone who is serious about digital marketing - and looking to fine-tune their efforts.

Pros:

- Hourly, daily, weekly, monthly updates! - Ability to track numerous projects at once - Extensive keyword database - KW Magic Tool is great - Powerful keyword analytics - Fun to use

Cons:

- Small learning curve - as it can feel overwhelming at first. - SERPs don't always look accurate.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Switched From: Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: I have used both Ahrefs and Moz Pro before - both of which are powerhouses in the industry as well. I don't feel that the insights provided by other SEO tools are as extensive as those provided with SEMRush.

Gihan A.
Gihan A.
Blogger in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Best SEO tool for startups

4 last year

Comments: SEMrush is an awesome tool to SEO and marketing works. keyword finding and competitor's traffic source finding features helped me to build more quality backlink and get organic traffic. those keyword analytics results are fast and easy to understand. overall SEMrush is the best SEO tool.

Pros:

SEMrush has features to find low difficulty keyword in short time periods. Also, those results are accurate and easy to select the best keywords. Not only that it shows traffic sources and ranking of competitor websites. It helped me to create backlink for my websites. Finally, their customer support is number one. they respond to me within 2-4 minutes.

Cons:

There have not big cons with SEMrush. There has a lot of features. Some features are hard to understand.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: Hard to understand and find low difficulty keyword

last year

Hello Gihan, we're happy you've had positive experience using our tools! Your feedback is very appreciated!

Online Business Director in Hungary

Tons of features for a high price

5 2 years ago

Comments: Keyword position tracking is great, although limited in free version. Even though I would love to use it in full, it's not even close to being affordable for our business -- keeping in mind that this tool is only one of the many needed to run a successful digital business. And one of the most expensive ones.

Pros:

It has a ton of features and is very customizable, with a vast array of possibilities. You can build an incredible dashboards to oversee your digital efforts. The free keyword position tracking tool is very useful.

Cons:

Most of the features are subscription-based, which costs a shocking $99 per month at the cheapest level, which makes it completely unaffordable for a small or medium-sized business that is not exclusively in the advertising business. We can't afford to pay 1,200 USD extra a year on dashboards and improved analytics operating a single business that has "just the regular" combination: GA, Google ads, Fb pages, Fb ads, Insta, LinkedIn, keyword tracking, other google products -- a dashboard to aggregate all this info would already be very useful, but the price is quite prohibitive (for our business in Central Europe, at least).

Alternatives Considered: Cyfe

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: I use the free version of both, since the functions are limited.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We deeply appreciate input from our users at all subscription tiers. SEMrush is an SaaS-based software system that offers different subscription levels based on functionality. Our pricing follows industry standard models. Please DM us your contact info and we will help identify the right subscription level for your needs.

Neal M.
Ecommerce Manager in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Great software and so many functions

5 last year

Comments: I've had a great experience. Running 4 sites to have a tool that does so much really helps, especially the site audit and rank checking email notifications.

Pros:

position tracking keyword research competitor analysis backlink audit site audit

Cons:

The site audit does not look at canonicals correctly and does not follow the robots.tx

Reasons for Choosing Semrush: Not as many functions

Stephanie M.
Content writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Great tool for seo

5 7 months ago

Comments: The free version is very limited. I was skeptical about semrush since I've been using Uber suggest. But since NONE of my posts were ranking well with Uber suggest I decided to switch to semrush. I've done the free trial and have enough keywords to get my through for several months. I should be ranking by my 1 year mark thanks semrush! Then hopefully no can buy the full version!

Pros:

Tons of keyword ideas, and their ranking ability is separated by easy, possible, hard and difficult. I love the ability to save my keywords to projects like post ideas. That way my post is pretty much outlined for keywords I can easily rank for.

Cons:

There was definitely a learning curve to it! I had to hire an seo consultant to get my going. But then I got the system down and my posts are taking off!

Dale D.
Affiliate Marketing Specialist in US

Great SEO tool with some hiccups.

5 3 years ago

Comments: It is great and it helped us and our clients to achieve high rankings.

Pros:

SEMrush is one of the best tools I have tried to improve the SEO of my websites. In terms of keyword suggestions, projects management, as well as in organic keywords tracking, this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful. I can also spy on our competitors with ease and come up with a plan on how to beat them on the search engine.

Cons:

I also observed that SEMrush offers updates for the platform from time to time. Apparently, this starts confusion on users because particular features are moved and removed within the interface.

Alternatives Considered: SE Ranking and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: It is recommended by our Senior SEO Officer.

Elizabeth B.
Digital Marketer in US

Great for Marketers big or small.

4 2 years ago

Comments: SEMrush has been an excellent tool to keep track of keywords and backlinks and have helped improve many of our site's rankings by allows us to keep track of patterns.

Pros:

SEMrush is a really comprehensive tool for SEO. It makes it easy to track keywords, backlinks, and more. Their reporting tool is also very easy to use and although I don't use the report outright, I use parts of it into reports for clients. If you are a small business owner, the free version allows you to track one project which is perfect for those on a budget.

Cons:

The emailing tool for backlinks could be improved, sending out the emails can be confusing at times.

Alternatives Considered: Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Switched From: Moz Pro and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: SEMrush offered the best value for money.

Joshua A.
Digital Marketing Strategist in US
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees

Stellar service that any digital marketer should have in their arsenal

5 last year

Pros:

Usability and customization within the application are impeccable. A great tool.

Cons:

Keyword research within the application seems to be clunky at times especially when building out for terms that are new or beginning to trend.

last year

Hi Joshua, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Kristy B.
Kristy B.
Co-Founder in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Dive Deeper into Your Site's Analytics with SemRush

5 3 years ago

Comments: We are starting our 5th year of business in 2019 and have SemRush to thank for much of our success.

Pros:

I own a small ecommerce business so analytics is critical for our success. I've tried a few other SEO services in the past but nothing beats SemRush in terms of features and accessibility. While other services' interfaces are clunky and hard to understand, SemRush lays everything out on their page in an easy-to-use format. The features are incredible, especially the Site Audit, which compares your keyword goals to the content that is already on your site and gives you tips on how you can rank higher for your chosen keywords. Even more incredibly, they provide "SEO templates" which makes content creation easy and friendly. It's nice to have such an easy platform for writing excellent-quality articles that converst. When you're only using Google Analytics, there's still a ton of information about your content and backlinks that you're not really seeing. SemRush makes this information available to you.

Cons:

I wish the subscription cost was a bit cheaper.

Samad S.
CEO in US

Great value for Organic and Social Impact

5 last year

Comments: Overall SEMrush has given us capacity to save time and build value for brands we work with. Dashboard are powerful.

Pros:

New features that can be used to build organic value of any brand you are monitoring.

Cons:

Takes time to explore the vast utilization of this software. Updating people on the multiple use cases would be impactful.

Switched From: Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush: More functionality and better value for total organic value across multiple channels.

last year

Hi Samad, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Instructor in Ghana
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Great SEO tool

5 last year

Comments: Aside from the user experience which at the end users will eventually find out how to use the tools, this tool is a great one, it has saved us so many times and it helps us make the right decision for digital marketing which positions our business to the right people. fantastic job from the SEMrush team.

Pros:

SEMrush provides you with all the necessary data needed to create a strong online presence. This tool feeds you withinformation that helps your learn more about your competitors, what exactly they are doing to raise their rank online and gives you possible options on the strategies you need to duplicate what your competitors are doing. With a robust dashboard that houses all the tools that assist you to audit/analyze your website and give you accurate data on things that are done right or wrong compared to your competitors. You can get SEO ideas, do domain analysis, keyword analysis and keyword planner tool is available to you, so there isn't much stress if you know your ways around all the provided tools. This tool has been the saving grace for my firm, and it is indeed a great SEO tool.

Cons:

SEMrush has too many things embedded in their dashboard. Too many tools and can be confusing. It can be completely uneasy for some users to navigate becuase there is a whole bunch of thing locked in the app therefore the user experience I believe would be the only thing they should work on.

last year

Hi, thank you so much for your review! We know the number of functions and tools can be overwhelming, especially for the new users, and highly recommend checking our Knowledge Base with detailed descriptions of workflows and tools. Check out our Academy as well - there are a lot of free courses on the toolkits and digital marketing in general!

Amanda K.
Digital Strategist in US

Full featured but a little expensive

4 6 months ago

Comments: Great product but can be overwhelming. Wish you were able to only pay for the features that you are using.

Pros:

Very thorough and full of features that can help with your entire marketing program including paid, owned and eared media - and of course, SEO.

Cons:

If you're using all the features, it's a good value. For us - we really only needed it for SEO and found it a bit pricey for that one function. So many features can be overwhelming.

Alternatives Considered: BrightLocal and Moz Pro