15 years helping British businesses

About Semrush

All-in-one digital marketing tool trusted by 7,000,000 users.

Learn more about Semrush

Pros:

Competitive analysis isn't totally accurate, but about as good as anything else I've come across. They keep adding more and more features and there are a number of integrations that I really like.

Cons:

The pricing can sometimes be ridiculous. I am a one many side-hustle "SEO Agency", and I am spending $100 bucks a month on the tool.

Semrush ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.3

8.6/10

Semrush has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 2,229 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Semrush before?

Filter reviews (2,229)

Manuel Ángel
Manuel Ángel
SysAdmin in Spain
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Semrush is an amazing SEO tool that has helped me improve my website's ranking in search engines.

Comments: Overall, I am very pleased with Semrush. They offer a great suite of tools for SEO specialists, and I have had success using their tools to improve my clients' search engine rankings. In particular, I have found their Keyword Research tool to be very helpful in identifying high-value keywords, and their Site Audit tool to be invaluable in identifying and fixing on-site SEO issues.If you need a reliable seo specialist who can help you make your website popular among search engines, then you can consider hiring Semrush as your seo specialist. The company has been providing its services to many companies and has been successful in increasing the traffic and ranking of these websites. The company is also capable of providing its clients with customized reports so that they can track the progress of their website.

Pros:

It is easy to use and has a lot of features that help me track my progress and find new keywords to target. The best part is that it is affordable and has a great customer support team.I use semrush for my SEO projects and I think it is a great tool for research and recommendation. I particularly like the ability to do a side-by-side analysis of multiple domains to see what is working for them and what is not.

Cons:

There is very little that I didn't like about Semrush. However, if I had to choose one thing, it would be that the software can be a little overwhelming at first. There is a lot of information and data available, which can make it difficult to know where to start.

Sam
Director in UK

Essential tool for SEO agencies

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Amazing set of tools, rather expensive, many of the tools we don't use but still have to pay for

Pros:

All the tools you will ever need to perform keyword research, backlink analysis, competitor analysis etc

Cons:

Lots of tools get deprecated or moved to a higher subscription level

Wim
Owner in Belgium

Malicious invoicing

3.0 last week New

Pros:

A lot of possibilities, large database, we've used it for quite some years.

Cons:

Pricing: the cost goes up a lot and for every extra user, features, project,... they charge hard. But even worse, they blocked our account, it's impossible to reach them and they keep charging our credit card.

4 days ago

Hi there, it doesn't sound right. Would you mind reaching out to us on Social Media so we can assist you? You can find our accounts in the footer of the website.

Good tool if you use it 100%: Good writers marketplace and keyword discovery

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Perfectly organised to take a tour for every section on the menu and create a to-do list for your SEO project.

Pros:

The keyword discovery is a must. You can study your competitors rankings and spot new oportunities. Once you have the ideas, you go to the marketplace searching for writers and your SEO job is half done.

Cons:

The tool cannot replace your brain. You need to add something special to your site, and the tool does not spot the "wow" factor on any site. But this is not its fault, just people that only work "filling the blanks" will have a 100% score and still no ranking

Alessandro
Sales in Italy

No Semrush No SEO

5.0 last month New

Comments: We use Semrush everyday and it is crucial to start a new project or make an offer to a new prospect.

Pros:

There are a lot of configurations, tools, information you can set and find in the admin panel to make your projects work properly.

Cons:

We think the cost is too high and there are a lot of limitations when you reach specific numbers of keywords or researches

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Comprehensive tool for SEO and analysis

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

SEMRush gives you a 360-degree overview of either the website analysis or keywords. I like SemRush because it helps me find the best keywords, see what my competitors are doing, and fix website technical issues. It's easy to use and gives me useful tips to improve overall website SEO and organic strategies. I use SEMRUSH for organic marketing through SEO for my clients. It helps in following thing 1. Keyword Research 2. Tracking keyword position status 3. Backlinks overview for websites 4. Auditing websites technical SEO issues 5. Doing competitor analysis for SaaS and other businesses

Cons:

It can be costly for some users. I don't see any other cons about it.

Robin
Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Good Product with No Support

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The bottom line is that the people you call cannot help(sounds familiar) and when I said I would like to cancel my service they simply said okay I will send you a form.

Pros:

Lots of data available. Identified weaknesses and strengths in our system.

Cons:

Originally I had a team leader who would send me updates and I scheduled Zoom meetings for questions related to my reports. Apparently they did away with that concept and all of a sudden I no longer had any support except screen shots through e-mail. Then they would have to research the question and it began to be ridiculous. When I called for help they said someone would reach out but all I got was the e-mail question and we cannot make outgoing calls. Without customer support and good service this product becomes overly expensive and frustrating.

2 weeks ago

Hi Robin, we're sorry to hear about your experience and it doesn't sound right. We've requested more information on Trustpilot and received your details. Your Account Manager will get in touch with you soon.

Samuel
Director in UK

The Most Advances Overall SEO Software

5.0 last week New

Pros:

One of the most impressive aspects of Semrush is its comprehensive suite of SEO tools. It offers an extensive range of features that cover everything from keyword research and competitor analysis to site audits and backlink tracking. This all-in-one approach makes Semrush an invaluable resource for anyone looking to improve their website's search engine performance.

Cons:

While Semrush is packed with powerful features, there are a few areas where it could improve. One of the main drawbacks is its pricing. Semrush can be quite expensive, especially for small businesses or individual users. The cost may be prohibitive for those who are just starting out or who have limited budgets for SEO tools.

Gary
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Boosting Online Visibility with Comprehensive SEO Insights

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Semrush has been a valuable addition to our digital marketing toolkit, offering a wealth of data on keyword rankings, competitor analysis, and site audits. The user-friendly interface and actionable insights have empowered us to optimize our content, improve search engine rankings, and ultimately drive more organic traffic to our website.

Cons:

Semrush's extensive features can be a bit overwhelming to someone unfamiliar with SEO, take advantage of their extensive training resources.

Shivam
Senior Digital Marketing Executive in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best for Digital Marketing Work

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Semrush is easy to use and give almost accurate results when we talk about checking website issues and audits.

Cons:

I don't think there is anything to mention here because I don't face any issues till now.

Ankur
SEO Team Leader in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Comments: Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros:

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons:

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Ian
Ian
Digital Marketing Strategist in US

A Great SEO Tool

Comments: I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros:

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons:

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Stuart
Owner in US

A Comprehensive SEO Solution

Comments: My clients expect me to sustain and / or improve their ranking in organic search. With SEMrush, I am able to see what's working and what's not, and make appropriate adaptations to strategy and tactics.

Pros:

I use back link gap and keyword gap analyses regularly as I optimize client content and link profiles. The content writing tool suite is also excellent. This capability goes well beyond simple suggestions of content length, keyword density, and readability. Instead, offers insights from the best ranking content with which you will be competing. I was able to eliminate a subscription to a point solution that offered similar insights.

Cons:

SEMrush evolves rapidly, so expect to travel a learning curve regularly, as features mature and integrations become more comprehensive. That said, the customer service team is easily accessed and will work with you to explain the sometimes surprising nuances or curious behaviors of some of the tools.

4 years ago

Hi, Stuart! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really happy to know that you had such a great experience with our team and tool!

shirley
shirley
Marketing Director in UK

Best SEO Marketing Tool

Comments: I have been using SEMRush for a number of years now, and with so much else going on it provides a lot of features, news, and training that helps to make my life a lot easier - I wish I had more time to get fully immersed in the tool.

Pros:

The software offers a great mix of data that I can use immediately to understand how my client's business is performing. The mix of tools available is fantastic, I can immediately check ranking performance, schedule social posts and I love the writing assist tool the tips and metrics really help refine our content to give it the best chance of ranking. The customer support is the best I have experienced from any tool, the response is lightning fast and they are great at finding the solution to the problem 5 stars for customer service!

Cons:

Posting to Instagram would be great, but the notification feature in the meantime is helpful. The competitor features do not appear to be hugely accurate as my data doesn't always match either which makes me feel that my competitor's data are equally out. Perhaps a few tips on how we can compensate for this would help as we all understand the competitor data cannot be fully accurate as you don't have direct access to it.

4 years ago

Hi Shriley! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We're also glad to hear that you've been using SEMrush for so long, it's great customers like you that keep us going!

Manny
Director of Web in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

All-in-One Digital Landscape Research & Analysis

Comments: We have a great dedicted rep who is always checking-in to make sure we have what we need and are using the latest tools, promos and taking advantage of the software. SEMRush has become a vital need to all of our projects. It used from the discovery phase all the way to maintenance and reporting.

Pros:

The ability to connect one domain and be able to select and add multiple tools, analysis and audits with one click. It covers from an SEO Audit down to a Competitor Insights. It is a powerful tool. Saves time and effort.

Cons:

Compared to other tools, SEMRush requires a level of technical understanding and familiarity with their tools. Sometimes all the information gathered could be confusioning for new users.

Ray
Owner in US

Bang for Your Buck

Comments: As a small niche company serving clients throughout the USA and Canada, SEMrush has made us more efficient. We deliver as good or better quality data that larger companies, and still keep it personal.

Pros:

SEMrush offers a lot more features compared to similar products/services. Keyword research and site audit is just the tip of the iceberg. The customized reporting is great for distributing to clients or potential clients. The writing assistant tool that connects to Google Docs helps us stay efficient. We also use the social media posting tool, which is a once bonus feature. Also, I started using the marketplace feature, which is an additional cost. SEMrush has the majority of features that marketing folks need.

Cons:

There is not enough units in the Plagiarism checks (10) and Social profiles (50) for posting compared to the number of projects (200) in the subscription.

4 years ago

Hi Ray, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Will pass your feedback on units to the team for consideration.

Steve
SEO Professional in US

Best Product for Everything Related to SEM

Comments: SEMrush has definitely allowed me to be more efficient with my work and took my company to the next level. I can do everything in one "stop". Research, tracking, reporting and more, all rolled into one.

Pros:

Everything we need is in one place, I don't have to bounce around to different programs for different purposes. There are improvements and new features added all the time. The few times I've had a problem or question, support is very quick to answer/resolve it and then follow up a week later to make sure everything's working as it should.

Cons:

I can't think of any cons, it just works as advertised.

4 years ago

Hi Steve, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Mike
Senior Digital Strategist in US

SEMRush Vastly Improves SEO Efforts and is Worth the Investment

Comments: Overall, SEMRush has allowed great value for us and our clients. We are able to take action and improve websites and SERP rankings, and provide a resource to content writers to find a good balance between great content and SEO friendly content. Every serious business looking for growth should be using SEMRush or a similar product as they reveal a lot about your website.

Pros:

I have enjoyed that SEMRush has continued to add features to its product offering. This helps consolidate software and accounts being used, staying within one platform, and adding value to building SEO audits, reports, and the ability to pivot and make changes with all of the information in one platform. There are equal competitors out there but most require you to subscribing to individual products from different companies to achieve what SEMRush can accomplish.

Cons:

There's not much to dislike about SEMRush. The only true con that I dislike about SEMRush is the pricing around adding users. For the price you pay, and the size of teams needing access to the platform, I can't find the justification of the pricing for adding users to that extent for the majority of companies that would use the platform. I think 2 or 3 users to an account should be a no brainer and provide long-term customer relationships, instead of nickel and diming to add users. If someone else is logged into the same user account, one will get kicked off the platform. Next, this isn't really a con based on the pros stated above, but because of the numerous features available within the platform, it can become overwhelming or slow down the learning process for newcomers as it is a comprehensive, robust platform. There are many navigation paths to get to specific features and reports, but that is just the nature of the beast with consolidating and growing the product mix that is the evolving, for the better, SEMRUsh.

Naz
Google Consultant in UK

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

Comments: Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

Pros:

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

Cons:

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

3 years ago

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Solid all-in-one for marketers

Pros:

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Cons:

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

Sam
Owner, SEO in US

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

Comments: I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Pros:

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

Cons:

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Danielle
Danielle
Senior Director Marketing Business Development in US
Sporting Goods, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent Resource for Complete Evaluation

Comments: Because it is crucial in the workplace. With Semrush, I can research new keywords, spy on the competitors, and keep tabs on the indexing status of our own initiatives.

Pros:

In the world of digital marketing, Semrush is indispensable. You may use it for keyword research, forethought, tracking your SEO and site optimization efforts, for scheduling social media postings, for keeping tabs on the competitors, and for learning more about the competition. It's crucial to my job, therefore I can't do without it. Its breadth of utility is astounding.

Cons:

For me, the price of Semrush is the only negative aspect of the service. In my opinion, it is too pricey and not a viable option for most people.

10 months ago

We appreciate your detailed review! It's fantastic to know that our platform plays a crucial role in your range of digital marketing efforts. We understand that pricing is a concern; with over 55 tools and the most accurate data on the market, the value goes beyond the cost. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or explore further, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Robert
Robert
Founder & CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Semrush is the critical

Comments: SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

Pros:

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Cons:

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

Katya
Developer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great Software for Customer Research / Analytics

Comments: Semrush is amazing for getting to know your customers. Being able to see exact searches made on Google from our audience is very valuable and they have options for every part of the marketing journey, from social media to SEO and article writing.

Pros:

I have used this software for a variety of reasons over the years. First, it was for social media topics and now it is for SEO and customer search research to get to know exactly what our audience is searching for online. It has been a tremendous help and is the next best thing to asking them face to face.

Cons:

I found there to be a bit of a learning curve because there are just so many features and you need to learn how to get the most out of each one. It's a good problem to have, though, and support is available to help if needed.

Anupam
SEO Team Leader in India

Empower Your SEO Strategy with Exceptional Keyword Research Tools

Comments: My experience as a SEMrush user has been exceptional. The platform's features, accurate data, user-friendly interface, and excellent customer support have greatly enhanced my digital marketing efforts. It has become an invaluable tool in driving my marketing success.

Pros:

1. Comprehensive features for all your digital marketing needs.2. Accurate and reliable data for informed decision-making.3. In-depth competitor analysis to stay ahead in your industry.4. User-friendly interface for easy navigation.5. Robust reporting and analytics for measuring campaign performance.6. Excellent customer support for assistance when needed.7. Continuous updates and improvements to stay up-to-date with industry trends.

Cons:

1. Learning Curve for Beginners.2. Higher Pricing Plans.3. Data Limitations for Niche Keywords.4. Varied Accuracy in Competitor Analysis.5. Steeper Learning Curve for Advanced Features.6. Limited Social Media Functionality.While SEMrush offers numerous benefits, it's important to consider these potential drawbacks before making a decision.

10 months ago

Thank you for your detailed and insightful review of Semrush. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback on the comprehensive features, accurate data, and our customer support. We also value your honest assessment of the potential drawbacks and limitations you've encountered. Your input helps us continually improve and provide better solutions. We're delighted to be a part of your digital marketing journey and are here to support your ongoing success.