Ginger Reviews

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.7 /5

About Ginger

Writing tools that include a translator, proofreading, sentence rephrasing, dictionary, and text-to-speech feature.

Learn more about Ginger

Millard F.
Photographer
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2020

"Do Not Respect their Cancellation Policy!"

Comments: The program worked as advertised, but their cancelation process does not honor their policy. If you plan on never canceling the program then my complaint is not for you. But if you want to give it a try for a few months, beware of canceling your subscription. Their website is very shoddy and has no cancelation tool. Plus they ask for a "reference Number" which they NEVER provided.

Pros: It worked well enough to give it a good rating.

Cons: When I canceled my subscription they continue to charge me the monthly payment and their cancelation process is a "Contact Us" program. I received a confirmation that they received my request, but still charged me days later , even though I canceled well before my renew was due. So far no response from the Support Team, nor refund for the monthly fee they charged me after canceling. Still waiting for a proper response.

by Ginger Software on 23/11/2020

Dear Millard,
Thank you for your honest feedback.

Our refund is very simple.

Once you wish to cancel your subscription all you need to do is send us an email with a request to cancel your subscription. We ask for a reference number just to make the search easier when looking for your order because not always the email provided is the same email you have used to sign up to Ginger.

This info is also published in our website FAQ, we do not hide any information about how to cancel a subscription.

You have contacted us asking to cancel your subscription and then you were charged again, our agent responded back letting you know that there was a but and therefore you were falsely charged. On October 28th we have refunded your last charge and canceled your subscription per your request.

We are sorry for the confusion and hope that you understand that we honor every request that we get.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2020
Diksha N.
Content Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks"

Comments: One of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.

Pros: Its ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.

Cons: The only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

by Ginger Software on 14/04/2019

Dear Diksha,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs.

We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Mohammed E.
Professor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Proof reading is now easy with Ginger"

Comments: I used Ginger all the time and it really helps me to avoid any silly grammar mistakes.

Pros: I like the browser extension the most. It help me to proof read all my emails that I sent. As a Professor I usually pay a lot of attention to grammar and Ginger helps me a lot to avoid any embarrassing mistakes . I also recommend it for my students and they usually find it very useful and convenient for them.

Cons: Nothing so far that I can recall right now. Ginger has been always useful to me and to my students.

by Ginger Software on 22/01/2019

Dear Mohammed,
We are delighted to read your review.
Thank you for the positive feedback.
We are happy that you have chosen our product.

All the best.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Ginger - Best proof reading tool"

Comments: A simple and most useful tool for non-native English speakers and eagerly waiting for IOS ginger free basis keyboard. Highly recommended.

Pros: I recently started to use Ginger tool and it helps me in different ways. As a civil engineer, it helps my day to day professional writings and Professional Emails without writing errors. Translation, Dictionary and Synonyms for any English word for just double tap anywhere within Chrome browser is a pretty cool feature and I really enjoy it.

Cons: Always need a proper internet connection for using Ginger and we need the offline proofreading facility in the near future. The pricing for Pro users is a little bit high.

by Ginger Software on 17/04/2019

Thank you for your review.
Unfortunately, at the moment Ginger can work online only to provide you the most accurate results live as you type.

Ginger currently offers the lowest prices on the market and we are putting this as our main target.
Providing a quality product at the lowest price.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Senior Associate Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"A helpful extension to avoid grammatical embarassment!"

Comments: This app do have simple set-up and intuitive in terms of identifying and correcting grammar errors in writing. As it offers not only error identification, spell checking but also rephrasing based on the context as well as easy click on the pronunciation. This could also translate text to other languages, another cool feature.

Pros: It suggests words and add-on as the tool identifies grammar errors. It has a built-in plagiarism checker too that is very important for publishers and writers. The tool can check on a context-specific writing and can also suggest a possible "rephrase". Another cool thing about this tool is that it already has a text reader which could help improve not only the writing skills but also the pronunciation - less time checking using a different tool/software.

Cons: It needs internet connection before using it. Pricing may be a bit costly for some writers and there are some other tools other than Ginger that can perform better.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Hardware Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2019

"Free Grammar Check"

Comments: We write more perfectly and professionally with ginger. It is a worthy tool

Pros: Ginger offers grammar check for free. Suggests accurate corections to grammar errors, and also checks for sentence formating. It has an easy to operate interface as well

Cons: The premium version is expensive. Costlier than similar products

• Reviewed on 12/05/2019
Alyssa S.
Trainer & Facilities Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Nice interface but didn't work for what we needed!"

Pros: We liked the interface and the streamlined look and customization options. It is very engaging on the client end as well.

Cons: We did not want our clients to have to create a whole in-depth profile before being able to see pricing/schedules for our group classes and it was a HUGE drawback for us!

• Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Dilini P.
Undergraduate
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2020

"Great tool for grammar checking"

Pros: 1. Easy to check grammar errors of what we write.
2. It is very helpful, since it provides alternative ways of writing as well.

Cons: 1. Need to extend the number of characters in order to check grammar for long paragraphs.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Benito M.
Translator / Teacher
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"A tool that provides useful features to improve the writing process."

Pros: A very easy to use and friendly interface. It suggests the use of words which facilitates and speeds up the writing process.

Cons: In comparison to similar tools it's cost is a little high. After installing it my computer turned too slow.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Callie O.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2018

"Ginger is Awesome for Students"

Comments: I first saw Ginger on a student's iPad and it totally transformed his ability to edit and revise his work independently. It offers more than Google Docs spell-checker and, by offering phrasing suggestions, surpasses Grammarly's free software features.

Pros: I love that Ginger offers phrasing suggestions for your sentences and goes beyond basic spell-check functions. The synonyms offering is another great feature - this software offers so much more than Grammarly.

Cons: It doesn't automatically appear in word processing apps. Copy/pasting the content is one extra step and can easily be overlooked for students needing to edit their writing.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2018
Vinay G.
Graphic Design
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"for grammar and spell check"

Comments: my overall experience with this software is very good. i am learning with the help of this software and improve my skills of speaking and writing.

Pros: the best part of this software that it does improve your skills of writing and even help in speaking skills. i like the way of this software to help someone, like chrome extension.

Cons: first thing it doesn't show one word mistake i mean it helps only in paragraph and doesn't translate the word like other software.

by Ginger Software on 14/01/2020

Hi Vinay,
Thank you for contacting Ginger.

Thank you for your feedback.
If you are using the Chrome Ginger Writer or our Desktop app (for Windows) then you can see each mistake word by word.

And you can also translate using these tools.

We are happy to read that you enjoy our product.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Kerry O.
Author
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2021

"Updates have ruined my respect for Ginger"

Comments: It's been excellent until this recent update this last week.

Pros: I enjoyed to document checking, the rephrasing options, and reading back my stories.

Cons: The updates consistently either slow down the software or freezes it the last one several days ago. Says internet server error or document is corrupted, which either isn't true!

• Reviewed on 08/04/2021
Sherry G.
Embedded Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Review for ginger"

Pros: I like this software as it ease my writing skills and improve communication, by making my text more readable and user-friendly for the audience. I had been using it for enhancing my text for lectures and classes and it's such as bloss

Cons: No cons as such but price could be little improved. That is it should be little cheaper.

by Ginger Software on 04/11/2019

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is important for us to understand how our users feel about our products and we are happy to read that you get all the benefits of using Ginger.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Warren C.
Writer-Screenwriter-Director
Motion Pictures & Film, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"Exceptional efficiency and value"

Comments: No business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.

Pros: The program's ease of use and online availability

Cons: If a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

by Ginger Software on 17/07/2019

Dear Warren,
Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font.

If you need further assistance, please contact our support-
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Tomas W.
Sw architect
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Ginger good app"

Comments: I'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.

Pros: Great for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support

Cons: It is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

by Ginger Software on 27/06/2019

Hi Tomas,
Thank you for your feedback.

Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user.
It comes first in our priorities.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Rivaldo B.
Student
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"I use Ginger to help grammar in my paper"

Comments: I am very satisfied with the performance and features of Ginger, but I am still waiting for add-on on several browsers.

Pros: As a student who has the task of writing many papers, Ginger has helped me check the grammar in my writing. The way Ginger checks grammar is by checking the structure of sentences so that I can easily understand his mistakes.

Cons: Sometimes Ginger experiences errors and problems when I use it on some software. This add-on is also not yet available in some browsers. But I am sure this will be fixed in the next update.

by Ginger Software on 27/11/2019

Dear Rivaldo,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We can assure you we are ahead of any bugs we are aware of. If there is anything you think we should know about, feel free to contact our support -
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019
Gerrit B.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Ginger stop working"

Comments: The company is not responsive to any user queries-
See: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros: It used to be a great product. It worked well with MS Word.

Cons: Ginger is taking people's money and its not working at all! Ginger stop working on MS Office - since Flash is required and is has been discontinued.
It is also not working in Google Doc.
They are now running a fraudulent operation. It used to be great and I was and will be a great fan - if it starts working again - At this stage they are sealing users' money!

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Savannah A.
Supervisor
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2017

"Ginger Program"

Comments: Used ginger at the daycare I used to work at- and it was great. Only problem was checking in the wrong dogs which isn't a software problem just a staff problem. Overall really liked how easy it was to use.

Pros: It's very easy to use

Cons: Fixing an error was a long process

• Reviewed on 09/01/2017
Abhishek S.
Associate
Management Consulting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Ginger it !"

Pros: a) The best about thing, it gives you the alternative sentences.
b) Spelling checking and make the sentence with correct with suggestions and adjectives.

Cons: a) Till now, i did not found any glitch in it

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Camila da F.
Assistant
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Ginger is a great gramar checker"

Pros: Whenever I need to proofread my texts, I use Ginger, it helps me to correct my mistakes. Very practical and useful.

Cons: Ginger always helps me to formulate the best texts.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Olga B.
Edutainment Coach
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"A great way to start writing practice"

Comments: Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

Pros: The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

Cons: I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Susanta H.
Professor
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2021

"Customer service"

Comments: Very bad experience once I am encountering a problem with the software. This is because there is no real person to help as customer support.

Pros: It is user friendly. Automated correction through word, made it easier to use.

Cons: Customer service. There is no real customer service. It has been one week, ginger software is not working. There is no direct person to help. Only after few days someone responding via email with different version of changes and nothing works.
This is a gross violation of quality control of any industry.
It should notified to all customers.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2021
Arla J.
student
Government Administration, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"a review"

Comments: I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them.
I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

Pros: easy to use, even better than others currently on market.
you can use it online or in word-documents.
there is no limit in words or pages to check

Cons: it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic.
I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

by Ginger Software on 17/07/2019

Dear Arla,
Thank you for your feedback.
As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible,

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Kreeti P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Software that corrects writing errors"

Comments: Ginger helps me write my document more correctly and professionally. It also helps with a free personal dictionary that helps me understand the meaning of any word immediately.

Pros: Along with its Grammar editing feature, it offers a personal dictionary and a language translation feature that translates around forty different languages, which is impressive.

Cons: Ginger's grammar correction feature is not as robust as compared to other applications out there in the market as it sometimes fails to correct the grammatical errors upon variant in sentence structures.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Engineering Intern
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Check your grammar with Ginger"

Comments: Ginger solved most of my writing deficiency. At least to a great extent, I'm a better writer

Pros: It's very effective, maintain proper grammar throughout your text. Free plan available, and also an affordable premium subscription

Cons: It's not easy to install and use its application. It's always hanging.

by Ginger Software on 05/08/2019

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy to read that you enjoy using Ginger.

If you have any technical issues, please contact our support- [email protected] to get further help.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019