Ginger Reviews

by Ginger Software

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5
    3.9 /5

About Ginger

Writing tools that include a translator, proofreading, sentence rephrasing, dictionary, and text-to-speech feature.

Learn more about Ginger

Showing 25 reviews of 50

Olga B.
Edutainment Coach
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"A great way to start writing practice"

Comments: Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

Pros: The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

Cons: I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Arla J.
student
Government Administration, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"a review"

Comments: I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them.
I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

Pros: easy to use, even better than others currently on market.
you can use it online or in word-documents.
there is no limit in words or pages to check

Cons: it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic.
I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

by Ginger Software on 17/07/2019

Dear Arla,
Thank you for your feedback.
As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible,

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Kreeti P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Software that corrects writing errors"

Comments: Ginger helps me write my document more correctly and professionally. It also helps with a free personal dictionary that helps me understand the meaning of any word immediately.

Pros: Along with its Grammar editing feature, it offers a personal dictionary and a language translation feature that translates around forty different languages, which is impressive.

Cons: Ginger's grammar correction feature is not as robust as compared to other applications out there in the market as it sometimes fails to correct the grammatical errors upon variant in sentence structures.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Engineering Intern
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Check your grammar with Ginger"

Comments: Ginger solved most of my writing deficiency. At least to a great extent, I'm a better writer

Pros: It's very effective, maintain proper grammar throughout your text. Free plan available, and also an affordable premium subscription

Cons: It's not easy to install and use its application. It's always hanging.

by Ginger Software on 05/08/2019

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy to read that you enjoy using Ginger.

If you have any technical issues, please contact our support- [email protected] to get further help.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Jack S.
retired
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Ginger worked for me."

Comments: I used Ginger to help write a novel. I purchased Ginger to proof read and the read aloud feature was ideal.

Pros: I use Ginger to proof read my book. I also use Ginger to help rewrite sentences. The audible read back feature was outstanding. Ginger is easy to use and a great value.

Cons: I used Ginger exclusively while writing my novel and found it a great advantage and had no problems.

by Ginger Software on 20/06/2019

Dear Jack,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are happy to read about great people who give our everyday work and effort a great meaning.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Bongani D.
Sales Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Excellent software"

Comments: Excellent software. I would recommend it to any one especially students

Pros: Easy to use and grammar check is excellent

Cons: Some suggested grammar corrections need improving

by Ginger Software on 20/06/2019

We appreciate your review.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
John O.
Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Subscription Problems"

Comments: Avoid this company at all costs. This is another in a series of fraudulent internet firms.

Pros: Nothing, it simply does not perform well enough to use.

Cons: We tried to cancel the monthly subscription but Ginger refused to accept cancellation and continued to charge. We had to cancel the company credit card to end the subscription.

by Ginger Software on 23/11/2020

Dear John,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to read that Ginger didn't perform as expected. Our refund policy is very simple. We provide with 7 days of testing and reviewing our software, if the client wishes to cancel within these 7 days, we shall fully refund him, otherwise if the subscription was automatically renewed or it was more than 7 days we shall only cancel the next renewal to avoid further charges. I have tried to look for your case with our support staff but was unable to locate and case with your name involved.

Please consider contacting support if you haven't done so and we shall discuss your case further - [email protected]

We have more than a million users worldwide with great feedbacks, I am sorry that you are not among these users but to call Ginger a fraudulent company is false information, and being an Israeli company doesn't mean anything. We are a respected company otherwise we wouldn't give attention to your review.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Content Marketing Writer & Strategist
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"This is my Favorite Grammar Checking Software"

Comments: Overall, I'm happy to use it and to continue using it.

Pros: I can change the grammar settings for each document and the love that the suggestions are on point more times than not.

Cons: I don't have any complaints about this software, that's why it's my favorite. 'Cause it's dependable.

by Ginger Software on 16/03/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback.
This really keeps us motivated.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Jovana V.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Spice Up Your Writing"

Comments: Ginger has accuracy many grammar checking tools are lacking. It is simple to use, a bit pricey, but it seems that all alike software keeps the price up. But overall, a very positive experience.

Pros: I tried a number of grammer checkers and I still get surprised how (in)accurate some are. Well, Ginger is one of the most accurate. If only the price was more affordable.

Cons: I noticed that I too much rely on grammar chekers, so if your spelling is deteriorating like mine they should be to blame. :) But more seriously, they need to integrate wit Google Docs soon, that is a huge turnoff for many people.

by Ginger Software on 16/03/2020

Dear Jovana,
Thank you for your feedback.
We will take your suggestions into consideration.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Christopher P.
Graduate student
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"Nice proof reading tool"

Comments: So far, I am having a nice experience using this tool. Highly recommended for students.

Pros: Ginger page is nice tool that I use daily as grammar and spelling checker. I write professional email to my professors at school and to many employees at big companies. Ginger helps me to avoid any grammar mistakes which might sound unprofessional. The chrome extension is awesome and help me to avoid any mistakes.

Cons: The MS word Add-in of ginger crashes a lot on m computer

by Ginger Software on 16/04/2019

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for your product perspective.
We are sorry to read about the issues you have encountered with Ginger while using Office.
Please allow us to try and solve this issue.
Please, contact our support staff and they can take it from there. Just email - [email protected] and we shall contact you back.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
VP, Engagement & Resource Development
Online Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger"

Comments: I am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.

Pros: I like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.

Cons: Sometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

by Ginger Software on 18/04/2019

Hi,
Thank you for your review.
We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Camillo D.
Country Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2017

"Awesome"

Pros: This software is mandatory for non English speakers. Easy to use, corrects all english mistakes and works on different platforms

Cons: The interface is good, works with word and outlook, but for speeding up the process, the iOS keyboard is missing

• Reviewed on 27/12/2017
Vahid A.
Research Assistant
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2019

"Easy to use and useful"

Pros: -User-friendly
-Easy to learn and use for beginners
-It has an extension in chrome
-Powerful in finding grammatical errors

Cons: -The only thing that I can say is that It is not compatible with Google docs.

by Ginger Software on 24/07/2019

Dear Vahid,
Thank you for providing your feedback.
Overall, we are happy to read that you enjoy our product.
We are working to bring Ginger to Google Docs as well.

Always at your service.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2019
Sheza H.
Content Writer
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Make Your Proofreading Easy With Ginger"

Comments: When talking about the overall experience, Ginger is best for my work and for anyone who needs any kind of writing assistance. And, I appreciate their 24/7 customer support. The team contacts instantaneously and try to solve the issue as soon as they can.

Pros: The best thing about this software is the availability of its plugins for all the major browsing places. I use this tool for proofreading the emails that I am going to send. I'm an article writer and I need to pay a lot of attention and focus on grammar and this software assists me in avoiding different errors.

Cons: I don't know what the reason is, but sometimes the mistakes do not appear even after pasting the text on Ginger. Also, I feel that it's premium version is a bit expensive. Sometimes, the program hangs without any reason and all the editing is lost.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Tia B.
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"Not user-friendly"

Comments: It was just too complicated to use and after a month I still wasn't fully set up to have it working properly. Their lack of customer service and support was the breaking point.

Pros: It has a lot of things that can be customized

Cons: It was extremely complicated to customize and they had almost zero customer support so unless you are a software engineer it's difficult to use this software

by Ginger Software on 25/05/2020

Hi Tia,
We are sorry to read about your disappointment. What type of customization are you looking for?
Please contact us to get more help -

• Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Vinay G.
Graphic Design
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"for grammar and spell check"

Comments: my overall experience with this software is very good. i am learning with the help of this software and improve my skills of speaking and writing.

Pros: the best part of this software that it does improve your skills of writing and even help in speaking skills. i like the way of this software to help someone, like chrome extension.

Cons: first thing it doesn't show one word mistake i mean it helps only in paragraph and doesn't translate the word like other software.

by Ginger Software on 14/01/2020

Hi Vinay,
Thank you for contacting Ginger.

Thank you for your feedback.
If you are using the Chrome Ginger Writer or our Desktop app (for Windows) then you can see each mistake word by word.

And you can also translate using these tools.

We are happy to read that you enjoy our product.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Sherry G.
Embedded Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Review for ginger"

Pros: I like this software as it ease my writing skills and improve communication, by making my text more readable and user-friendly for the audience. I had been using it for enhancing my text for lectures and classes and it's such as bloss

Cons: No cons as such but price could be little improved. That is it should be little cheaper.

by Ginger Software on 04/11/2019

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is important for us to understand how our users feel about our products and we are happy to read that you get all the benefits of using Ginger.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Warren C.
Writer-Screenwriter-Director
Motion Pictures & Film, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"Exceptional efficiency and value"

Comments: No business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.

Pros: The program's ease of use and online availability

Cons: If a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

by Ginger Software on 17/07/2019

Dear Warren,
Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font.

If you need further assistance, please contact our support-

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Tomas W.
Sw architect
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Ginger good app"

Comments: I'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.

Pros: Great for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support

Cons: It is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

by Ginger Software on 27/06/2019

Hi Tomas,
Thank you for your feedback.

Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user.
It comes first in our priorities.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Rivaldo B.
Student
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"I use Ginger to help grammar in my paper"

Comments: I am very satisfied with the performance and features of Ginger, but I am still waiting for add-on on several browsers.

Pros: As a student who has the task of writing many papers, Ginger has helped me check the grammar in my writing. The way Ginger checks grammar is by checking the structure of sentences so that I can easily understand his mistakes.

Cons: Sometimes Ginger experiences errors and problems when I use it on some software. This add-on is also not yet available in some browsers. But I am sure this will be fixed in the next update.

by Ginger Software on 27/11/2019

Dear Rivaldo,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We can assure you we are ahead of any bugs we are aware of. If there is anything you think we should know about, feel free to contact our support -

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019
Savannah A.
Supervisor
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2017

"Ginger Program"

Comments: Used ginger at the daycare I used to work at- and it was great. Only problem was checking in the wrong dogs which isn't a software problem just a staff problem. Overall really liked how easy it was to use.

Pros: It's very easy to use

Cons: Fixing an error was a long process

• Reviewed on 09/01/2017
Abhishek S.
Associate
Management Consulting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Ginger it !"

Pros: a) The best about thing, it gives you the alternative sentences.
b) Spelling checking and make the sentence with correct with suggestions and adjectives.

Cons: a) Till now, i did not found any glitch in it

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Camila da F.
Assistant
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Ginger is a great gramar checker"

Pros: Whenever I need to proofread my texts, I use Ginger, it helps me to correct my mistakes. Very practical and useful.

Cons: Ginger always helps me to formulate the best texts.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Russell P.
Teacher, Consultant
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"Good option for grammar checking"

Comments: It's a great tool! Give it a try - I think you'll be pleased.

Pros: There are a few good options in the field of grammar checking, writing, etc. and I feel that Ginger is competitive. Here's what I like:
- If you are in need of help with profession writing (emails, etc.), Ginger has the ability to identify grammar errors, spelling, and even sentence structure issues. Although some platforms will do this for you, others will not, so it's always nice to have Ginger working in the background to help out.
- It honestly does a good job. It doesn't always catch everything, but it catches a lot.
- It's extremely simple to begin using. It takes no time at all to set-up.
- You can try it for free to see if you like it. You can keep using the freemium version if you like what you see and only want help with basics.
- It works as a Chrome extension in your browser.
- Even if your sentence structure is fine, Grammarly will also offer advice/ideas for improving your writing.
- I think using this actually helps speed up writing for me. I don't spend as long exhaustively reviewing/revising what I've written.
- Works with Chrome an Safari, which is not the case with competitors.
- You have the ability to find synonyms and a dictionary within Chrome. That's a brilliant feature.

Cons: I have no major concerns about Ginger. It's a very competitive tool within the field, and I appreciate what it offers. It would be great if they'd figure out how to integrate this with Google Docs, but I've read that they are working on it. It's also not necessary, since Docs recently improved their editing toolkit. I'm just pleased that this works as an extension in Chrome.

by Ginger Software on 01/05/2019

Thank you so much for a positive feedback.

We appreciate it!

Always at your service.
Ginger!

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Intern
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool"

Comments: The functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.

Pros: It has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.

Cons: System app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

by Ginger Software on 17/04/2019

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review.
We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger.
We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC.
Please contact - [email protected]