Ginger Reviews

by Ginger Software

• Overall
    4.3/5
    4.4/5
    4.1/5

About Ginger

Writing tools that include a translator, proofreading, sentence rephrasing, dictionary, and text-to-speech feature.

Learn more about Ginger

Olga B.
Edutainment Coach
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"A great way to start writing practice"

Comments: Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

Pros: The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

Cons: I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Russell P.
Teacher, Consultant
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"Good option for grammar checking"

Comments: It's a great tool! Give it a try - I think you'll be pleased.

Pros: There are a few good options in the field of grammar checking, writing, etc. and I feel that Ginger is competitive. Here's what I like:
- If you are in need of help with profession writing (emails, etc.), Ginger has the ability to identify grammar errors, spelling, and even sentence structure issues. Although some platforms will do this for you, others will not, so it's always nice to have Ginger working in the background to help out.
- It honestly does a good job. It doesn't always catch everything, but it catches a lot.
- It's extremely simple to begin using. It takes no time at all to set-up.
- You can try it for free to see if you like it. You can keep using the freemium version if you like what you see and only want help with basics.
- It works as a Chrome extension in your browser.
- Even if your sentence structure is fine, Grammarly will also offer advice/ideas for improving your writing.
- I think using this actually helps speed up writing for me. I don't spend as long exhaustively reviewing/revising what I've written.
- Works with Chrome an Safari, which is not the case with competitors.
- You have the ability to find synonyms and a dictionary within Chrome. That's a brilliant feature.

Cons: I have no major concerns about Ginger. It's a very competitive tool within the field, and I appreciate what it offers. It would be great if they'd figure out how to integrate this with Google Docs, but I've read that they are working on it. It's also not necessary, since Docs recently improved their editing toolkit. I'm just pleased that this works as an extension in Chrome.

by Ginger Software on 01/05/2019

Thank you so much for a positive feedback.

We appreciate it!

Always at your service.
Ginger!

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Khan R.
researcher
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Improvement for the future"

Comments: Good
I appreciate customer service. The staff contact immediately and try to fix the issue.

Pros: Reading of the text. I listen to the writing draft while editing.
Rephrase provides me subtitute and suitable syntax

Cons: payment process.
the update process is so annoying. I updated in 2018 despite I received many messages for an update. And, I could not update although I paid the amount.
In the advertisement of ginger, I observe several functions however when I used the software all functions don't run properly.

by Ginger Software on 04/07/2019

Dear Khan,
Thank you for your feedback.
As part of our will to improve the payment process as well as the other cons mentioned, please contact our marketing manager Michael Libman - [email protected] and elaborate on these issues as they are extremely important to us.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Diksha N.
Content Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks"

Comments: One of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.

Pros: Its ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.

Cons: The only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

by Ginger Software on 14/04/2019

Dear Diksha,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback.
You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs.

We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Jovana V.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Spice Up Your Writing"

Comments: Ginger has accuracy many grammar checking tools are lacking. It is simple to use, a bit pricey, but it seems that all alike software keeps the price up. But overall, a very positive experience.

Pros: I tried a number of grammer checkers and I still get surprised how (in)accurate some are. Well, Ginger is one of the most accurate. If only the price was more affordable.

Cons: I noticed that I too much rely on grammar chekers, so if your spelling is deteriorating like mine they should be to blame. :) But more seriously, they need to integrate wit Google Docs soon, that is a huge turnoff for many people.

by Ginger Software on 16/03/2020

Dear Jovana,
Thank you for your feedback.
We will take your suggestions into consideration.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Vinay G.
Graphic Design
Graphic Design, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"for grammar and spell check"

Comments: my overall experience with this software is very good. i am learning with the help of this software and improve my skills of speaking and writing.

Pros: the best part of this software that it does improve your skills of writing and even help in speaking skills. i like the way of this software to help someone, like chrome extension.

Cons: first thing it doesn't show one word mistake i mean it helps only in paragraph and doesn't translate the word like other software.

by Ginger Software on 14/01/2020

Hi Vinay,
Thank you for contacting Ginger.

Thank you for your feedback.
If you are using the Chrome Ginger Writer or our Desktop app (for Windows) then you can see each mistake word by word.

And you can also translate using these tools.

We are happy to read that you enjoy our product.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Amanda W.
Author
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Efficient but slow"

Comments: Ginger isn't terrible, but there are better editing software programs out there for a comparable price that also catch more errors. I believe there is a

Pros: Ginger Sofware goes through line by line, showing that line at the top of screen, which helped me to see any additional errors that the software does not catch.

Cons: The line by line read is a blessing and a curse. After a year, I switched to another editing program because Ginger was so time-consuming. I also found that too many suggestions didn't make sense, and after consulting with my editor, she agreed I had it correct and Ginger was wrong.

by Ginger Software on 27/11/2019

Dear Amanda,
Thank you for your honest review.
For us to improve and get better, it will be wiser if you could contact our support with some examples of errors Ginger was unable to catch so we can look it up and hopefully fix it accordingly.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Sherry G.
Embedded Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Review for ginger"

Pros: I like this software as it ease my writing skills and improve communication, by making my text more readable and user-friendly for the audience. I had been using it for enhancing my text for lectures and classes and it's such as bloss

Cons: No cons as such but price could be little improved. That is it should be little cheaper.

by Ginger Software on 04/11/2019

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is important for us to understand how our users feel about our products and we are happy to read that you get all the benefits of using Ginger.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Jayr P.
Facade Designer
Civil Engineering, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Grammar Saver"

Comments: I'm Satisfied to use this. help me a lot in composing email.

Pros: this software is very helpful for me, specially in grammar when composing an email. it save my everyday task.

Cons: it will be more helpful if this is free. so that students can also use it in checking their grammar and words.

by Ginger Software on 04/12/2019

Hi Jayr,
Thank you for your review.
We are doing all we can so mainly students will be able to enjoy our software.
We have many great sales in our online store so students can enjoy a reduced price for Ginger.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Efren O.
Associate Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"It helps!"

Pros: It gives me an idea if the sentence construction is correct or grammatically right. It allows me to countercheck my email composition as well.

Cons: Sometimes the suggested phrases or sentences don't really match to what we are really saying and it seems to be off to the sentence as well

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Christopher P.
Graduate student
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"Nice proof reading tool"

Comments: So far, I am having a nice experience using this tool. Highly recommended for students.

Pros: Ginger page is nice tool that I use daily as grammar and spelling checker. I write professional email to my professors at school and to many employees at big companies. Ginger helps me to avoid any grammar mistakes which might sound unprofessional. The chrome extension is awesome and help me to avoid any mistakes.

Cons: The MS word Add-in of ginger crashes a lot on m computer

by Ginger Software on 16/04/2019

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for your product perspective.
We are sorry to read about the issues you have encountered with Ginger while using Office.
Please allow us to try and solve this issue.
Please, contact our support staff and they can take it from there. Just email - [email protected] and we shall contact you back.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Nigel L.
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2019

"Really first class!"

Comments: As a published writer, I left the mainstream went solo, and moved across to Amazon a few years ago. All was well, until the books were finished and it was time to proofread. As a now one-man-band, it fell to me to proofread... bad idea! My readers loved my books but many complained of proofreading errors - My bad.
I tried various software packages to wash my manuscripts free of errors but the situation didn't improve until I discovered Ginger. It marches through the manuscript with consummate ease, finding typos, spelling errors punctuation mistakes et all. In my humble (and experienced) opinion, Ginger is simply excellent!!

Pros: Better than any I have tried before. Ginger seems to trap just about every error in a 60,000+ manuscript.

Cons: Not a great fan of the price. I've used Ginger in the past and a returning discount would have been a nice touch.

by Ginger Software on 25/06/2019

Dear Nigel,
It was heart touching to read your feedback.
It just shows that hard work pays off.

Thank you for a great review.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 22/06/2019
Mohammed E.
Professor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Proof reading is now easy with Ginger"

Comments: I used Ginger all the time and it really helps me to avoid any silly grammar mistakes.

Pros: I like the browser extension the most. It help me to proof read all my emails that I sent. As a Professor I usually pay a lot of attention to grammar and Ginger helps me a lot to avoid any embarrassing mistakes . I also recommend it for my students and they usually find it very useful and convenient for them.

Cons: Nothing so far that I can recall right now. Ginger has been always useful to me and to my students.

by Ginger Software on 22/01/2019

Dear Mohammed,
We are delighted to read your review.
Thank you for the positive feedback.
We are happy that you have chosen our product.

All the best.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Intern
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool"

Comments: The functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.

Pros: It has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.

Cons: System app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

by Ginger Software on 17/04/2019

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review.
We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger.
We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC.
Please contact - [email protected]

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Arla J.
student
Government Administration, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"a review"

Comments: I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them.
I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

Pros: easy to use, even better than others currently on market.
you can use it online or in word-documents.
there is no limit in words or pages to check

Cons: it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic.
I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

by Ginger Software on 17/07/2019

Dear Arla,
Thank you for your feedback.
As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible,

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Kreeti P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Software that corrects writing errors"

Comments: Ginger helps me write my document more correctly and professionally. It also helps with a free personal dictionary that helps me understand the meaning of any word immediately.

Pros: Along with its Grammar editing feature, it offers a personal dictionary and a language translation feature that translates around forty different languages, which is impressive.

Cons: Ginger's grammar correction feature is not as robust as compared to other applications out there in the market as it sometimes fails to correct the grammatical errors upon variant in sentence structures.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
VP, Engagement & Resource Development
Online Media, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger"

Comments: I am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.

Pros: I like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.

Cons: Sometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

by Ginger Software on 18/04/2019

Hi,
Thank you for your review.
We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Daniel M.
Associate Professor
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Clean writing with Ginger"

Comments: Very useful tool for clean writing without any embarrassing spelling or grammar mistakes.

Pros: Ginger page is a nice tool that helps me to detect any silly grammar or spelling mistakes. It is very useful while writing documents and sending emails. Simply by installing the browser extension ginger detects any grammar or spelling issues.

Cons: Nothing so far, I have been using ginger with no issues

by Ginger Software on 16/05/2019

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your nice review.
We hope you will keep using Ginger and find it useful the more you use it.

Regards from all of us at Ginger Software.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Ginger - Best proof reading tool"

Comments: A simple and most useful tool for non-native English speakers and eagerly waiting for IOS ginger free basis keyboard. Highly recommended.

Pros: I recently started to use Ginger tool and it helps me in different ways. As a civil engineer, it helps my day to day professional writings and Professional Emails without writing errors. Translation, Dictionary and Synonyms for any English word for just double tap anywhere within Chrome browser is a pretty cool feature and I really enjoy it.

Cons: Always need a proper internet connection for using Ginger and we need the offline proofreading facility in the near future. The pricing for Pro users is a little bit high.

by Ginger Software on 17/04/2019

Thank you for your review.
Unfortunately, at the moment Ginger can work online only to provide you the most accurate results live as you type.

Ginger currently offers the lowest prices on the market and we are putting this as our main target.
Providing a quality product at the lowest price.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Senior Associate Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"A helpful extension to avoid grammatical embarassment!"

Comments: This app do have simple set-up and intuitive in terms of identifying and correcting grammar errors in writing. As it offers not only error identification, spell checking but also rephrasing based on the context as well as easy click on the pronunciation. This could also translate text to other languages, another cool feature.

Pros: It suggests words and add-on as the tool identifies grammar errors. It has a built-in plagiarism checker too that is very important for publishers and writers. The tool can check on a context-specific writing and can also suggest a possible "rephrase". Another cool thing about this tool is that it already has a text reader which could help improve not only the writing skills but also the pronunciation - less time checking using a different tool/software.

Cons: It needs internet connection before using it. Pricing may be a bit costly for some writers and there are some other tools other than Ginger that can perform better.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Hardware Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2019

"Free Grammar Check"

Comments: We write more perfectly and professionally with ginger. It is a worthy tool

Pros: Ginger offers grammar check for free. Suggests accurate corections to grammar errors, and also checks for sentence formating. It has an easy to operate interface as well

Cons: The premium version is expensive. Costlier than similar products

• Reviewed on 12/05/2019
Engineering Intern
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Check your grammar with Ginger"

Comments: Ginger solved most of my writing deficiency. At least to a great extent, I'm a better writer

Pros: It's very effective, maintain proper grammar throughout your text. Free plan available, and also an affordable premium subscription

Cons: It's not easy to install and use its application. It's always hanging.

by Ginger Software on 05/08/2019

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy to read that you enjoy using Ginger.

If you have any technical issues, please contact our support- [email protected] to get further help.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Warren C.
Writer-Screenwriter-Director
Motion Pictures & Film, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"Exceptional efficiency and value"

Comments: No business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.

Pros: The program's ease of use and online availability

Cons: If a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

by Ginger Software on 17/07/2019

Dear Warren,
Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font.

If you need further assistance, please contact our support-

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Tomas W.
Sw architect
Computer Software, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Ginger good app"

Comments: I'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.

Pros: Great for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support

Cons: It is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

by Ginger Software on 27/06/2019

Hi Tomas,
Thank you for your feedback.

Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user.
It comes first in our priorities.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Rivaldo B.
Student
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"I use Ginger to help grammar in my paper"

Comments: I am very satisfied with the performance and features of Ginger, but I am still waiting for add-on on several browsers.

Pros: As a student who has the task of writing many papers, Ginger has helped me check the grammar in my writing. The way Ginger checks grammar is by checking the structure of sentences so that I can easily understand his mistakes.

Cons: Sometimes Ginger experiences errors and problems when I use it on some software. This add-on is also not yet available in some browsers. But I am sure this will be fixed in the next update.

by Ginger Software on 27/11/2019

Dear Rivaldo,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We can assure you we are ahead of any bugs we are aware of. If there is anything you think we should know about, feel free to contact our support -

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019