• Overall

About Crisp

Your all-in-one platform for multi-channel communication to improve your customers' relationship.

Learn more about Crisp

Volkan O.
CEO and Founder
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"Great communication tool"

Pros: It has so many features with a low price. The free plan is very good for startups. They can use it without pay until they grow.

Cons: I think there is no negative on the service. Only one thing about pricing. I think some of the unlimited plan features can be on the pro plan. For example, user import functionality.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018
iOS Developer
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2019

"Great Free Customer Chat"

Pros: It is free and has a lot of features compared to other customer chat tools.

Cons: If you are going to pay money for customer chat there are a lot of better ones out there.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2019
Thomas S.
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2016

"Crisp is fantastic."

Comments: used several solutions before sticking to Crisp. First, the chat widget looks nice but more importantly their dashboard (to talk with customers) is one of the easiest to use. I have 2 guys behind it at AutoUp. They never had trouble to manage the requests that my customers had. Keep pushing guys.

Pros: As I said before, it is easy-to-use.

Cons: I think they should make plugins more visible. Took me three weeks to discover that they were here. Love the one for Slack BTW.

by Crisp on 15/10/2016

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You are right, we will make our plugins easier-to-find. We will build a landing page to explain each one. Should be released in the next two months.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2016
Ad Writer/Writing Department Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2018

"Crisp helped to integrate several business chats into one and improved our webchat service"

Comments: Integration of several other chats and apps that we were already using throughout the business day

Pros: I liked Crisp's ease of integration between several other apps and programs that we were already using to improve our chat across offices and states during the business day.

Cons: I haven't had a lot of negative experiences with this software. Customer service is reasonable and helpful and Crisp works well for us.

by Crisp on 16/07/2018

Thank you for your feedback!

• Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Jose M.
Business Development Associate
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Good chat app"

Pros: It gives you the functionality you need to talk to your customers while they are browsing your website.

Cons: It does not allow you to create campaigns with new leads you enter.

by Crisp on 01/11/2018

Hello!

It's possible to create campaigns for new leads.

Please contact our support, we will explain how to do this :)

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Olivier L.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2016

"Xen Orchestra is using Crisp and we love it!"

Comments: I was one of the first Crisp users. I really love the work they did and the progress they made for the last two years. The product is working well, we only had a few issues at a time that they quickly fixed in the following week. PROS: Easy-to-use. CONS: I really need an easier way to trigger the chatbox for some specific user behaviors.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO OTHER BUYERS: I suggest you join their Facebook group to get updates about the product and advice from the founders.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2016
Ross T.
Creative Lead
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2017

"Company should not refuse refunds with zero terms or conditions online."

Comments: After the experience with the refund issue because we require a bot qualifying component to successful chat conversion for our business type, we received an invoice, messaged support for canceling the account as the only method was to click into micro copy in the design to change your package type (not clear) and they refused the refund. stating: As I mentioned before, we don't refund after the trial, every customer receives an email about the trial, we can't refund to every person who did not know how to cancel the trial. With no terms on their site regarding this https://crisp.chat/en/terms/ or anywhere, it is just a precaution to beware of a startup that has not yet learnt the value of retaining clients which clearly stated we would like to re evaluate drift once they release their bot, but until then we would not use.

Pros: The tool is aesthetically easy to use, and their product offering for cost is very affordable in comparison to other providers within the industry.

Cons: Lack of seamless integrations that limited more non dev/technical members of from setting up crisp.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2017
Timothy T.
Designer / Front-end Developer
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2019

"As good as any other livechat product + it lets you see what your users see!"

Comments: I'm a big fan of this product. I spent a few days reviewing the 20+ livechat options out on the market, and after all that time I settled on Crisp. Save your time and start with this. If you need the larger feature set and marketing abilities of something like Intercom, just upgrade later. Afterall, removing crisp and adding intercom is as simple as removing a code snippet and adding a new one.

Pros: - Great interface
- Painless installation (simply add a code snippet to your site's header)
- Offers a freemium tier which will cover most of your needs
- Lots of design options for the livechat box
- Includes a 'liveview' feature where you can see exactly what your users do (great for helping them with any issues they may have)
- The team that builds it has always been helpful when I had questions

Cons: I don't have any negatives to say about this product. It is a cheaper alternative to the big boys like Intercom, and you can launch it on your site for free. When your user numbers or team size grows, then you can upgrade to a higher tier. Save your money and choose this over the others. The extra liveview feature alone is worth it.

by Crisp on 02/04/2019

Thank you for your review!

• Reviewed on 01/04/2019
Viktor N.
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Great live chat system, even better help docs"

Comments: Overall Crisp is an excellent platform, especially for what they charge. Their pricing is one of the things that attracted me to their platform, in addition to all the features. It makes communication easier, especially since it integrates several channels into one platform. Allows us to reply quickly, in many cases, instantly. They just need to fix never-ending conversations, and I'll be 100% happy.

Pros: Crisp is an excellent live chat and communication tool for support and sales. It's easy to use, has a mobile app that I use to reply to queries, and it also integrates other platforms like Twitter DMs, Telegraph, Line. We use Twitter DMs often as prospects and clients tend to DM us sometimes. In addition to chat itself, I really do like their help docs solution (knowledge base). It's very easy to manage, has very nice and clean design, and offers really good JS SDK for integrating with your website/apps. It's nice to be able to display articles in modal on our website.

Cons: My biggest issue with Crisp are never ending conversations. There's no way to have separate conversations with the same customer, old conversations get dragged into new conversations. It really needs a way to keep conversations separate, similar to other platforms like Intercom. For example, it sends out chat transcript after an hour of inactivity in chat. Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript. When I chat with Crisp's support and experience platform as a customer, those things are a bit annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

by Crisp on 02/05/2019

Thank you for this nice review :) We will try to improve the feature you are talking about !

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Daniel S.
Technical Support Director
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2019

"Good solid website chat app"

Comments: We have 3 different websites that all use Crisp, and it allows us to very quickly switch between the sites and continue multiple chats at the same time among sites. We operate during regular business hours and so do not respond to chats outside of those hours. It would be great if we couldn't control a little more what the chat icon did (or if it even appeared) when outside those hours, but we currently use the bot to let people know we are unavailable and to leave us a message. With the smartphone apps, we can reply to chats even when we are away from our desks. We also have a robust helpdesk, which is part of the Unlimited plan.

Pros: Simple but very powerful.
It is quite customizable, and there are a ton of plug-ins. One of the most useful is the auto-translate feature, which allows both sides to type in a different language, and it automatically translates for you.
The Visitor map shows us information on where our clients our, to help direct them to the correct site, and the magic browse can let us see how they interact with the site if there is an issue.
The built in helpdesk is great.
The bot, while still a little bit buggy for more complicated things, is immensely helpful.

Cons: We found it more difficult than we thought it should have been to have an auto message saying we are closed. It would be nice to have the option to disable chat and/or redirect them to the helpdesk when outside of business hours.
I had initially created a large bot that would try to answer the 5 most common questions we got by funneling the customer through certain questions, but then found there was no way to have it repeat the sequence. To get around this, I ended up creating 2 identical sub routines off of the first main one which checked for the time and day to determine if we were closed. This is where is became buggy, because sometimes it would work, and sometimes it wouldn't respond.
I ended up just dumping all of that and setting a generic "we're closed, leave us your info" message and it has been fine.
The only other complaint is that sometimes the phone app doesn't alert you right away to a message. I've gotten notifications 8 hours late in some cases, though this is rare.

by Crisp on 14/10/2019

Luis D.
Co-Founder
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2021

"Useful tool to improve UX and conversions"

Comments: Helpful tool. Provides a good customer support experience and good for conversions. Very easy and convenient to use.

Pros: Extremely easy to set up. It has several customisation options and good tools to anticipate and get to know the customers' needs better. Provides a good customer support experience and good for conversions. Very easy and convenient to use.

Cons: Many of the customisation options are only available for the paid plans. At least in the free plan you have no tools to help ensure compliance with data protection legislation.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2021
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Very easy to use, love the Pro version!"

Pros: The Pro version is awesome with magic browsing, the ability to talk to clients and view chat logs. We can tag and prioritize clients as well.

Cons: The free version barely cuts it, great if you have the budget for it.

by Crisp on 08/03/2018

Thank you for using Crisp!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Sandeep H.
Head of Growth & Engagement
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Good but lacks few integrations"

Pros: I was looking for intercom alternative and found crisp on product hunt. The features look great and has affordable pricing.

Cons: I was specifically looking for Hubspot integrations. Unfortunately they don't have Hubspot integration. The live chat agent even tried to pitch me that they are alternative to Hubspot(they are not) - which made me turn away from them.

by Crisp on 27/11/2018

Hello and thank you for your review!

Crisp has an Hubspot integration since June 2018. You can check it out on https://crisp.chat/en/integrations/hubspot/

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Creative Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"Nice live chat option"

Comments: I have used Crisp to chat with clients and leads in e-commerce websites.

Pros: Crisp is one of the easiest live chat tools I've used. It has integrations with several popular CMS like WordPress.

Cons: The chat widget isn't very user friendly. Plus, it doesn't allow that must customization of the widget itself.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
COO
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2019

"Great experience and value for money"

Comments: A great product and a great value for money

Pros: Clean and good experience, features you would expect, iteration on the product

Cons: Some settings aren't easy to find or understand, this part could simplified

• Reviewed on 30/03/2019
Software Engineer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Great communication tool for small business"

Comments: Great overall experience, highly recommend

Pros: Crisp gives you a 14 day free trial with full capabilities and then the option to continue on a free tier. It is perfect for small business with ambitions to grow over time. Simple to setup, simple to use. Great product.

Cons: Language setting a little difficult to setup when website has multiple languages.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Suzyo N.
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"The power of IM"

Comments: Makes you look professional by giving your clients a platform to chat with them in real time

Pros: most of my clients like to use it to contact me via the website

Cons: the free version has very limited functionality

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Benjamin D.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"Your service is great but as I told you, triggers are missing."

Comments: I use Crisp everyday to get feedback on QuelMetier. Their customer support is available 24/7 and was willing to implement most of the features I needed. I recommend Crisp if you need a reliable solution to talk with your clients.

Pros: Great product and very easy to implement.

Cons: Please can you implement triggers. It is not easy for non-programmers to use your Javascript SDK. I hope you will build a plugin for this in the future.

by Crisp on 12/10/2016

Crisp Team is making an automated message system. Leave a message to [email protected] to get the preview :)

• Reviewed on 11/10/2016
CEO & Founder
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Honestly one of the best tools someone can use."

Pros: Easy integration.
Easy dashboard. Good customer service, really nice visualization of the features provided in the paid package.

Cons: I honestly dont have anything negative. Maybe a storage selection so that you can choose in which region your data goes to would be helpful.

by Crisp on 11/05/2018

Hello and thank you for your review.

About hosting locations, we choosed hosting hosting countries known for their privacy policies (Germany and Netherlands).

For the rest, Crisp is having dedicated data points for customers in the US, and Asia.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Co Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2018

"Good live-chat solution for every website."

Comments: Crisp eases customer communication, increase responsiveness and helps with pro-active support when needed.

Pros: Easy to set up, fast and convenient. The interface is good and there is a Free plan, convenient for any smaller projects. The project is alive and constantly developing. The settings for business hours and custom translations of the widget are nice.

Cons: Message history of the free plan is 30 days, after that, you can't access any of the messages. It's better to limit the number of users instead of the message history. Sometimes the chat widget doesn't load or the mobile apps crash.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Amit A.
Seller Online
Wholesale, Self Employed
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"Chat Is Very Friendly!"

Comments: At the beginning of my webstie I wanted to have a chat bot that could correspond with clients when I was not available, as soon as I saw CRISP I knew it was it, the friendly interface, the great YouTube tutorial videos, visitors liked to post and put their personal email I could get back to later, This tool definitely helped me increase my sales.

Pros: The possibility that every visitor who enters the store can see the chat at my command with a pre-made message you planned for each new visitor, this is great work for new leads!
Correspondence time can be saved by a bot with ready-made messages that will never disappoint me!

Cons: Once the FREE TRIAL is over you can say that the chat is no longer relevant for the site, lots of useful features go down and you can see a big difference in the drop of messeges.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020
Computer Engineer
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"I actually loved using Crisp, same for our clients"

Comments: It was always a good time, and their customer support is very good (also they use Crisp)

Pros: The ability to develop our own Chat Bot.

Cons: There is nothing yet to complain about crisp, maybe sometimes is hard to organize the tickets.

by Crisp on 14/12/2020

Hey there! Thank you so much for this awesome feedback. Always a pleasure to help you :)

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Simon H.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2020

"Really great product"

Comments: I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost. The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available. I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

Pros: Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

Cons: It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline. I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2020
Martin A.
COO
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

"Fraud for the user"

Comments: We started our service August of 2018. We wanted to integrate with our Shopify store. They promised us that the integration would be done within 1 month and that we should upgrade to the pro plan for that integration and the new version which they called V3 - VERY long story short - they continued lying to us for 1.3 years! They said the upgrade would come in Dec, then Jan, then March, then end of summer, then month by month week by week. when we asked to see the beta - they told us they would not be doing the shopify integration (THE ENTIRE REASON WE STUCK WITH THEM). This is fraud and we are currently taking them to court regarding this. I dont want to come off bitter - however I highly suggest going with another company that is more reputable. Then they gave me attitude , smiley faces when we were upset about the lying. But our attorney stated we have basis to take them to court because of this , apparently they have been doing this to many users. Class action suit - I dunno, I would think that they would care more about fraud... but I am sure in the end they will.

Pros: The software was extremely glitchy - both on the phone as well as the desktop. The "magic browse" literally never works - although they use it as a very large upsel. The support was terrible and they defrauded us as will for an entire year.

Cons: Notifications do not go away, you have to redownload all the time, extremely glitchy poor service and is not user friendly. If you are looking for a chat software - I highly suggest going with someone more stable such as intercom , Gorgias, or another one with excellent reviews.

by Crisp on 23/10/2019

Hey there,
I can understand how frustrated you can be regarding the absence of your desired feature. It's not a reason to degrade our image. Our software works really properly and all the other reviews are here to prove it.
The support has never defrauded you, we delayed the released of your feature that may come someday. We never forced you to stay with our product (that you've been using for more than a year).
Sorry that you feel disappointed.
Regards,
Crisp team

Katherine K.
Administrator
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Amazing Customer Service and a Great Chat App"

Comments: Crisp chat has totally replaced our other chat program for my startup at a very fair price. Their set up was a breeze, according to our Marketer, and I personally think their customer support is excellent. You have the ability to add gifs and customize the chat to whatever degree you want. It has really been good for us!

Pros: They are very fair about pricing and their customer support is amazing. I had an issue with a duplicate account being created, and their support not only walked me through the problem and helped me solve it, but they also were super nice and friendly and made the whole experience lovely. Plus, their docs are amazing and very helpful!

Cons: The only problem I had was an accidental duplicate site being created. When I signed up it sent me to what seemed like the correct site, but was actually a copy of ours. This was fixed very quickly though!

by Crisp on 14/02/2020

Thank you very much for that nice feedback !

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020