15 years helping British businesses

About AssetTiger

AssetTiger is a cloud-based fixed asset management tool with features such as barcode scanning, maintenance scheduling, and more.

Learn more about AssetTiger

Pros:

With the number of tags we've purchased in the last couple of years, we have yet to pay for Asset Tiger. Customer service is very respective to suggestions and quick to respond.

Cons:

Email system barely works and the customer service is extremely vague and unhelpful.

AssetTiger ratings

4.5
4.4
4.4
4.7

8.8/10

AssetTiger has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 255 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AssetTiger before?

Cindy
Cindy
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

The Solution We've Been Waiting For!

Comments: This is going to cut down the time spent and headaches from trying to manage our assets (and their maintenance!) tenfold!

Pros:

Obviously the best thing about this software is that it's a full-featured asset management system with no subscription fees! We have been using a very limited database that integrates with Google Drive (Obvibase), which served its purpose for the first five years of business, but as our assets grow, we need something heftier. We're a small company, so we're not going to be able to fork over thousands of dollars to subscribe to some of Asset Tiger's competitors (and honestly, we don't need the majority of the bells and whistles). When I first read about Asset Tiger, I was skeptical, but I read more about it and decided to try it out. It's free for customers who buy tags, so I ordered some free samples and started to familiarize myself with the software. It was very intuitive and easy to use. I'm sure I haven't figured out all the finer details, and we would have some work to do to get everything rolled out to employees to start using, but it's fantastic so far. The graphical user interface is nice, and it's easy to set up. I exported from our old database, downloaded their import template, moved my exported file around to match, and imported our database in under 20 minutes. We're impressed. It's turning a task I used to hate into one I'm a little excited about.

Cons:

There is only one thing that I tried to do that couldn't be done so far, and that was to run a report showing only assets. I did a simple workaround - I added a new field that I'll add the word "TRUE" in for these items as they're added. I also sorted the list by most expensive to least expensive, checked all the items, and batch-added this attribute. Then I ran a custom report for all items with that attribute designated as TRUE, and it worked.

Sunail
Team Leader, IT in Fiji
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Asset Management

Comments: This software has enabled us to keep a track of all assets and its associated costs. even with maintenance, cost is getting added and deprecated as configured. this makes reporting of IT assets and its costing more easy when compared to previous software used.

Pros:

The most easy part was implementation whereby we can upload asset details via a excel template irrespective of number of assets you have. if you already using different software and needs migration, get all details to excel and upload with template provided. cost analysis and reports are to name a few very good features in this software.

Cons:

The status attribute should have been more simple.

Katherine
Data Services Manager in US

OWS review

Pros:

Low price, ability to bulk upload, build custom reports, multiple fields available for data entry.

Cons:

Fields aren't customizable, reports aren't intuitive, hard to find the history of a device, doesn't integrate with MS365 SSO. It's hard to update multiple systems. We use this for laptop tracking-it would be nice to have a ticketing (help desk) software integrated with the check in/check out process. Currently we use Spiceworks and Asset Tiger and the company that does out laptop repairs to track devices changing hands. Would be nice to have an all-in-one system or at least combine help desk and inventory. Spiceworks offers it, but the asset tracking is not very detailed.

Amber
IT Technician in US
Medical Devices, 51–200 Employees

Simple to use asset tracking

Comments: AssetTiger has achieved our objective of tracking assets in a simple and intuitive manner. It's an invaluable tool to our organization. If you are currently struggling with tracking your assets, this is a great option.

Pros:

AssetTiger is relatively easy to use. You can add all of your assets and check them out to employees, and you can add different kinds of information relating to the asset such as brand, status, location, category, department, etc.. The mobile app is great as well and has an intuitive UI, and it lets you scan assets by the barcode(s) which makes logging assets much faster.

Cons:

There aren't a lot of integrations with this software. It would be nice to have the option to connect it to Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, Apple Business Manager, or other directory services / device management platforms. It may be too simple for your needs.

Ryan
Inventory Manager in US
Accounting, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Bang for the Buck in Assets!

Comments: This reduced our inventory program costs by $8K annually, allows all departments to use the same info to make corporate decisions, and has made me look like a hero in front of my boss!

Pros:

The pricing structure is phenomenal, the freedom for unlimited user access, the ease of use, and the intuitive design of the program makes it really simple. The reports are also very helpful, including the pre-built reports. I just breezed through a financial audit using Asset Tiger's export to excel reports.

Cons:

A consumable inventory component would be very helpful. Also, I'd like the ability to limit search criteria by more than one search field at a time besides the standard site/location etc.

Shayne
Treasurer in Australia
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Asset Tiger is a real find. Plus a keeper!

Comments: Needed to stand back and look at how I would use it. Determines the sites, location , departs, categories etc. After than updating dates was straight forward and over all simple to set up and use.

Pros:

The only asset tools I could find to support the recording of assets for the Community Association assets. With some very simple customization, the replacement values and useful life information were recorded. This was exported to MS Excel to perform the Capital Fund Projection. The asset maintenance schedule and cost can be recorded to support annual budgeting. Plus it has a calendar for the maintenance and contract dates. All thsi provided a new level of visibllity to the committee

Cons:

Minor. cannot load photos of assets from a mobile phone. Minor, number fields except $ and , when loading and reject when saving.

Ivan
Tech Operations & Security in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great Platform to resolve a Complex issue

Comments: Works well for our requirements and needs at this time. I would love to expand it to more items.

Pros:

Mobility and ease of tracking. The app and site allow you the flexibility to use different products to track and maintain your inventory.

Cons:

that it is missing a software license manager or integration to O365, Azure, Intune, and Apple Business Manager

Nebojsa
Network Coordinator in Brazil
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Handy and neat equipmnet manager

Comments: This a great investment that has very good cost/benefit and smooth user experience.

Pros:

The visibility of data on all items including a large number of equipment gear. Quick search engine and responsibility.

Cons:

It takes some tome to configure initially. As having a lot of features, it can some time to adapt to system.

Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Amazing tool for fixed asset management

Comments: Easy asset tracking software, suitable for everyone, at a reasonable price. It has many important features that save effort and time.

Pros:

An easy and fast platform for managing fixed assets, suitable for individuals and companies of different sizes. It is available at an affordable price and provides a free trial and a free version. This program facilitates the issuance of reports and management of records.

Cons:

Customer service response should be faster, sometimes some errors occur in the e-mail work. There is difficulty in integrating it with other programs.

Construction Coordinator in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Finally, an accurate list of my stuff!

Comments: Love it. My guys can enter the item and then I can edit it later. Scrolling through the list shows me quickly where the holes I need to fill are.

Pros:

Paperless. The PDF report is nice. It's just simple

Cons:

It seems the reader could use some work, but that may be my phone's fault.

Elizabeth
Fixed Asset Clerk in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Excellent Easy Customizable Asset Tracking Program that can use Barcode Scanners

Comments: Overall - Excellent Extremely easy to use.

Pros:

It is SO easy and customizable. Our old tracking program was custom built and the programmer passed away unexpectedly. I found Asset Tiger - tested it - customized it to be similar to what we had been using - uploaded 30,000 assets and had it up and running ALL within 2 weeks. AMAZING! We do only use this for TRACKING - our accounting system does the depreciation and disposals.

Cons:

There is only one feature that we desperately need. Asset Tiger attempted to add the feature as Event Date but it doesn't work as expected - we need it AUTO POPULATE with the last date the asset was touched (scanned, edited, moved etc) I do realize there are a variety of reports to see the last event date - the problem is with 25,000 assets - looking them up one by one isn't an option. Plus - it doesn't really let me know what assets HAVEN'T had an event date (indicating loss or theft) and with 19 Million in assets - this part is really important to us. I also realize there is an audit feature but it doesn't work for us because we have multiple offices and our assets are in constant motion between them. Below are listed some of the ways that we use the info * To identify items that are not located during our annual fixed asset count indicating loss or theft. *To ensure we bill for equipment added after the customer contract starts. *To verify movement of vehicles which has to be relayed to our insurance company *To determine our equipment utilization Currently I have to run several reports and then upload the data to give us a "Count Date" of the last time an asset was "touched" - I would consider Asset Tiger PERFECT if would do that automatically.

Jae
Director of Outdoor Leadership & Education in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

An Amazing Asset Management System

Comments: I have thousands of assets and this program was a lifesaver! I have recommended Asset Tiger to tons of folks in my industry and they are enjoying it as well.

Pros:

Once everything is setup, it is quite easy to use. I have staff checking out/in equipment everyday so it is very nice to be able to see the history of an individual and every piece of equipment. We use their asset tags as well so it is a stellar deal.

Cons:

It does take a while to discover all of the features but still not a huge con. It’s a great product.

S.P.
Head of technical department in Netherlands

Used it for our church inventory, great tool to use with a lot of features. Nice having it for free.

Pros:

It's complete with: multiple users, multiple sites, multiple locations and multiple departments. The software offers a complete financial projection of your inventory, your TCO of your inventory and the status of every piece of equipment. What I like best is the different statuses a piece can have. Is it broken and for reparair, is it broken and thrown away, what's the cost of the repair, what's the cost in case of a new one...it all adds up in the completeness of the software. Also great is the app that's available, at least for iOS (don't know for Android). It can do almost the same as the web version. In the end what's a good part is that you can number your equipment so you can label it, maintain it and track it. As soon as you start using this it's kind of keeping it up to date and maintain it. Every time something happens to a piece you need to administrate it so your inventory is right. It's totally a great tool for a company or any NGO.

Cons:

It looks like it needs the asset tags that this company offers. It's not a requirement but it probably helps tracking your inventory. One thing I noticed is that you can't remove your account in case you don't need the software anymore (for whatever reason). If so, you need to contact support and they will help you remove your account, very easy and very fast.

Wesley
Tech Director in US

It does what we need.

Comments: We switched from a more expensive solution and found this easy to pickup. New employees are able to jump in with little instructions.

Pros:

It is cheaply priced and easy to use. It does what it claims to do. It tracks assets.

Cons:

The product does what we need. We are happy.

Senior Support Specialist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

AssetTiger is an adequate solution

Comments: It's almost a joy to use. It has the general structure and design that I expect of a good asset management (which I hadn't yet seen in other asset management systems).

Pros:

I've been doing asset management off and on for 20 years, and AssetTiger is more robust than every other asset management system that I've used so far.

Cons:

• Table views don't allow display of all records on a single page (which would make my AssetTiger usage much easier). • The Sites, Persons/Employees and Customers table views have glitches which I've reported but haven't yet been resolved.

Robert
IT Coordinator in US

Asset Tiger Review

Comments: Asset Tiger has solved the issue of audits, as I am now able to show inventory and location of.

Pros:

Asset Tiger provided me with a way to label, scan, and track inventory. It also has features like Grant/Year that allows school systems to pull inventory reports based on Grants.

Cons:

I would like to see a feature that would alert you to end of life devices. The software was pretty easy to use and really helped me as there was no electronic tracking done when I came on board at current job.

Hoey
Director of IT in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

IT asset Management

Comments: Overall, I think Asset Tiger is a very good product. We have tried finding another solution with API/Integrations but they are all much more expensive.

Pros:

We manage a lot of IT resources. The mobile app with built-in barcode scanner makes checking in/out equipment very easy.

Cons:

Lack of API/Integrations with other products. Most asset management tools provide a method for integrating with Service Management or other helpdesk applications. Asset tiger would be a great tool with the ability to integrate with other applications. Without, it is a good asset management tool.

Lee
Lead - BlastIQ Specialist in Australia
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees

Asset Tiger has drastically improved the way we work

Comments: This software has improved the way we work. It started off with <200 assets just for my team of 4 and has now stretched out to 40+ users with almost 3000 assets. I also received an internal award nomination from another team lead for introducing the software into the company due to how much it has improved how his team is able to operate. That's a pretty good endorsement

Pros:

The customisations is key. It's almost limitless to what you can add and do as an asset tracking software and it has changed the way we work for the better. Also, the categories function is exceptional for being able to allow users to only view the categories of equipment that apply to them.

Cons:

Lack of direct ability to search items by who they're leased to from the asset list search function. It can be done but only with advanced searching.

Director of Technology in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Asset Tiger is a great asset management platform

Comments: Easy access to the inventory

Pros:

The search is good and the information that can be entered about each item is very helpful

Cons:

When editing existing items or disposing items there are many "unnecessary" clicks that have to be made in order to get to all the screens needed for these tasks.

Linda
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Linda's Review

Comments: User friendly.

Pros:

The ease for tracking inventory. Not complicated and easy for me to convert my old method of tracking inventory. Allows me to set up coding system that works for our agency.

Cons:

Currently, have not had any issues with software.

Josh
Warehouse Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

A cost friendly option with alot of features for my company to manage and track assets

Comments: The ability to see at a glance where our costs are going for our assets. The ability to view the life of those assets, ease of know what I have available and what is currently deployed to the field and who has those items.

Pros:

One of the things I like most is the ability to not only track your items but also that you can track documentation for the items, maintenance, life of the items, and also that you can include a picture of items for easy reference when dealing with part numbers. Being able to scan via your cell phone is also a plus.

Cons:

There are few things I do not like about the software but one is that I can not customize my audit requirements as I would like. I think the software was built for tracking office assets and I want to re-purpose it for use with construction tools. Tracking who has them, how long, when specific certifications are do etc. However this being built on office tracking it requires me to keep track of a location. Currently working with a rep to see if there is any type of work around for this. If so then I would have nothing negative to say about a free software for tracking thousands of dollars in my companys assets.

Justin
General Manager in US
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

Functional and Intuitive

Comments: Very pleased. We have been using this software as a company for a little over 2 years now and it's very easy to learn, execute, and generate helpful reports.

Pros:

My favorite thing about AssetTiger is that I can easily track with a computer, cell phone app, or barcode scanner certain assets that I always need to know where they are or who currently has them. On top of that, I can also see a history of activity that helps me locate the item if it went missing.

Cons:

I have had issues getting a bluetooth or usb barcode scanner to play nicely with AssetTiger when checking in/out assets. The phone app works great but being able to use easily use a wireless barcode scanner would take this software to the next level.

Jeff
Technology Specialist in US

Excellent asset tracking

Comments: We primarily use AsseTiger to deploy and track computer equipment. This eliminated the cumbersome process of filling hardcopy forms and filing. It's faster and easier electronically, and the staff can receive an email indicating the equipment that was checked out.

Pros:

We use AsseTiger primarily to assign and track computer equipment. It's very easy to use in this respect. Check in/check out process is easy, and eliminates the cumbersome hardcopy forms that we previously used. Highly recommended for this function. Eventually, we'll have all the equipment in the database, including old equipment, although some fields will be blank, such as purchase price or vendor.

Cons:

I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about the product. It's very easy to set up and use. Unfortunately, as a one-man shop, I don't have the time to use all the functions available, so I can't really tell how well everything works.

Lorie
Technology Tech in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Asset Tiger has been an asset to our Educational Department

Comments: Have had great overall experience and find it easy to use.

Pros:

Love the ease and advantage of being able to access the program via app. Unable to move an asset on the More Action Tab on the Asset View.

Cons:

Customer Service is only accessible via email Software does not have integration or data transfer with our Skyward program.

Cesar
Project Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Asset Tiger Review (user of 1.5 years)

Comments: Asset Tiger is a good software and the price is unbeatable at this time. Besides the mobile app, this software is everything that we would need for asset management. The mobile capability is the only thing lacking.

Pros:

The ability to check out assets to people and places is one of the major pros for this software. Keeping track of that and the value of the items makes it easier to see how much we are spending and makes it easy to compile a list of stolen/broken items in case of filing an insurance claim.

Cons:

My biggest gripe lies with the mobile app. It doesn't feel very polished and having to sign in every time I have to use it makes it less efficient to use. I have opted for taking photos of assets along with their tags and then taking those photos and using the website to track assets as this is the best method of doing so at this time.