15 years helping British businesses

About Lucky Orange

Website optimization tools used by 450,000+ sites worldwide. Heatmaps, recordings, surveys, live chat, and more included in every plan.

Learn more about Lucky Orange

Pros:

Cons:

Its a little bit difficult to learn but as all applications you can learn it.

Lucky Orange ratings

4.7
4.7
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

Lucky Orange has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 197 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lucky Orange before?

Raad
Raad
Marketing Director in Jordan
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

BEST app to understand why your customers aren't converting

Pros:

I thought I had a store with fantastic user experience based on my previous shopify stores, but turns out what I learned so far doesn't apply to all stores... For example, the upsell on my cart's page doesn't show on certain devices unless the user scrolls down (and I wanted it to be visible immediately), another example has to do with older age groups (main audience for one of my stores) as they didn't realize there are more images for the product that they can see by simply swiping left or right, this made them keep on changing the variants to view the product in its other colors (it was a problem with a specific theme, so I added a swipe icon on the first image)... At first I thought their monthly price is not within my budget as I didn't need the app often, so I paid $50 for a limited lifetime deal with some other app, only to realize later on that I use it way more often than I originally thought, AND no one masters the app like Lucky Orange starting with its features, functionality, ease of use, speed, and ending with its super amazing support team. Thank you for such a great app :)

Cons:

The only thing is probably have my own device(s) excluded from the recordings, not sure if that's available or not - didn't look up their help section.

4 years ago

These are words we love to hear! Getting that front row seat to customers' online behaviors can provide invaluable insights to improving your website. Thank you for your kind review, Raad! As you continue to use Lucky Orange, I'm here to help if you have any more questions or need assistance in any way. Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help guide (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email into [email protected], we can also take you through the steps.

Ripon
IT Executive in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

It helps me to optimize our website smoothly.

Comments: Lucky Orange also offers user polls, which allow us to get feedback from our visitors. This feedback can be used to make improvements to the website and give our visitors a better experience.

Pros:

Lucky Orange offers heatmaps, which allow you to quickly and easily view how visitors are interacting with a website. This helps to identify problem areas and optimize the user experience.Lucky Orange provides visitor recordings, which allow me to view how individual visitors are interacting with our website. This helps to keep track of their activities and identify any problems or areas for improvement.

Cons:

Lucky Orange is a paid service, so it can be expensive for some businesses.Lucky Orange is only compatible with certain web browsers and operating systems, so it may not work for all users.Lucky Orange is a complex service, so it can be difficult for some users to understand and use.

12 months ago

Appreciative of your detailed review, Ripon! Our user surveys, heatmaps and visitor recordings are all about giving you a clear picture of visitor behavior to improve your website experience. Diving into visitor behavior to identify ways to improve your website is invaluable to growing your business. When you can see what's happening on "the other side of the screen," you get a front seat to your customers' online interactions. Thanks for sharing the Lucky Orange love, and we're always here should you need anything! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

An easy tool to understand your website performance

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, this is a great tool that helps us a lot in measuring the performance of our website.

Pros:

I like the simplicity of setting it up and the clear visualization of the data.

Cons:

I didn't like the funnel-building experience, as it has been a bit too complicated for me.

last month

Thanks for leaving us a review! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has been the tool you need to dive into visitor insights to understand what they are doing and experiencing on your website. Google Analytics is a great tool, but you’re left to connect the analytic “dots” to make sense of your traffic. Lucky Orange paints the entire picture for you instead! Regarding your comments about funnels, I would be more than happy to walk you through our funnels, how to set them up and how to understand the results. Simply reply to my last email to set up a time to meet. I look forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for your review! Cheers - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Wayne
President/CEO in US
Retail, Self Employed

Legacy Lucky Orange was so much better - Hate the new LO

Comments: For the most part customer service is what has kept me here. If there was another option for Visitor monitoring, recording, and analytics I would switch to a competitor in a heartbeat.

Pros:

Been with Lucky Orange for over 10 years for the most part it works for other people. Customer Service has always been there if we need anything.

Cons:

When they upgraded we lost the real time visitor monitoring where we could interact with our customers. The recording helps but does start until a few seconds after the customer arrives on our website. The real time doesn't work, there is such a delay in live visitor tracking/monitoring that by the time they show up on the visitors screen on LO they are gone so it is too late to communicate with the customer while they are shopping on the website.

11 months ago

Wayne, thank you for your feedback and your business over the past decade. We understand your frustrations and hear your concerns. One reason you may not be seeing some visitors in our real-time monitoring is due to our code loading asynchronously after your website loads for the visitor so it doesn't slow down your website. This is a benefit in terms of not impacting your site speed ratings, but it does mean visitors who come to your site and quickly leave won't be tracked. At your earliest convenience, please respond to our latest email chain. We truly value and appreciate your loyalty over all these years and want to help improve your experience. I look forward to hearing from you soon - Bradley with Lucky Orange

Jordan
Head of IT in Australia
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Great product, but I wish there was more.

Comments: 90% Positive, I'm left wanting more often than not as we have far too many platforms doing too many things. If there was say a in-built way to marry up orders placed on a e-commerce site to the recording of their journey through the site that would be the best case scenario for us.

Pros:

The customer support uses in heatmaps and live chat are the key reasons for us to purchase Lucky Orange.

Cons:

The pre-made integrations for Bigcommerce seem to leave us wanting. The support and developer docs feel stale and lacking also. The support team itself was very helpful when I had to reach out to them, I'm referring specifically about the support docs at https://help-preview.luckyorange.com/ as all the answers are rather generic.

3 months ago

Thank you for your review, Jordan. Love to hear that your team has been able to use heatmaps and live chat to bring a better experience to your visitors and customers. We appreciate your feedback regarding our BigCommerce integration and have already passed along your comments to our help document team. Regarding your request to "marry up" orders to recordings, this capability already exists within our app through our custom API. Using custom API, you can pass in an ordered event which will then connect it to your customer. Our team would be more than happy to show you how to set it up. Simply send an email to [email protected] referencing this review to get started. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Best Regards - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Quynh
Senior Marketing Specialist in Australia
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

The heatmapping and website analysis tool you need for your business

Comments: It has been quite good and was a good transition away from another provider we used to have that didn't really give us the information we needed.

Pros:

I like that it provides a very easy display of your heatmapping so that you can make changes and adjustments to your site/landing pages for better conversion.

Cons:

The funnel feature doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't accurately track how far people make it through your funnel...and the data retention that Lucky Orange has is quite minimal. It'd be great if we could see data that extends beyond 60 days...

4 months ago

Thank you for your review, Quynh! We love that you’ve been able to gain so much insight from our tools! Heatmaps are a powerful way to see where people interact with your website. Visitor behavior really makes a huge difference in your conversion optimization efforts. Regarding your cons, could you please reach out to [email protected] referencing this review? Lucky Orange offers extended data storage beyond 60 days, and we would be happy to walk you through it. Additionally, we would like to investigate what you’re experiencing with our conversion funnels. Simply send us an email to get the ball rolling. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Cheers - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great tool

Pros:

I love that I can watch my customer journeys in real time. It's so helpful for UX design, product development and buyer intent tracking.

Cons:

I wish I didn't have to pay for it because I'm an early-stage start-up but it's a service worth paying for.

11 months ago

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that watching real-time customer journeys has been helpful for your UX design, product development, and buyer intent tracking. Providing you with actionable insights is what we aim for. Thanks again for your review, and happy tracking! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Samuel
Chief Marketing Officer in US

A Very Simple-to-Use Platform for Traffic Visualization

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, the experience was really good. We were often peeking into Lucky Orange every single day to get an idea of how people were engaging with our offers. And the insight we gleaned from use behaviour on our site (with the help of Lucky Orange) allowed us to act faster in modifying our content and offer to address what people needed.

Pros:

Lucky Orange is great at helping you visualize traffic behavior and engagement with your website in real time. The live capture recording can help you understand where people are getting held up with your website UI or offers. And it even lets you jump in and help people in the moment with their live chat feature. IT's a really clever and helpful tool in planning and optimizing CRO.

Cons:

A lot of the data from sessions weren't attributable to a source, and many of the screen recordings showed up blank. For the times this platform did what it was intended to do, it was awesome, but nearly half of the recorded sessions are simply unusable.

4 weeks ago

Thanks for leaving us a review! We love to hear that you’ve been able to get the insights you want and need to see exactly what people are doing and experiencing on your website. The live view is one of our favorites too! Regarding your issues with session data, could you please send an email to [email protected] at your earliest convenience referencing this review? There are many reasons why you may be missing data, such as someone blocking tracking on their browser or moving to a different page before the code fully loads. Our team would be happy to take a look at it to see what’s going on. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks again for your review, and happy tracking! Cheers - Kelsey from Lucky Orange

Rick
CEO in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Great product!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I've been using LO Classic for many years and not a day's gone by when I haven't referred to the interface. With assistance from their awesome support staff, I've just switched to the new UI which looks like it'll take some getting used to following my long addiction to the old interface.

Cons:

Not sure yet with respect to the new UI.

3 weeks ago

These are words we love to hear, Rick! Thank you for your review and your business over all of the years. Visitor behavior is crucial to making your website the best it can be and then continuing to analyze it for optimization opportunities. We think you’ll love the new UI, and we’re here to support you every step of the way. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance! Thanks again for your review, and happy tracking! Cheers - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Miffy
Director in Australia
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Posijtive to date, insights provided that I am yet to see.

Pros:

Lucky Orange gives insights that are not to be generated as easily and as quickly elsewhere.

Cons:

I need to drive the success of the insights ie. it requires my time. The most precious commodity

2 months ago

Thanks for your review, Miffy! We love that Lucky Orange gives you the insight you need to find ways to make your website and conversions better than ever. I also have good news regarding your comment about the time commitment visitor behavior can take. We hear you! Our users have busy lives, and time is indeed very precious. In response to this, we have just launched a new tool called Discovery. Using Discovery, you can answer pressing questions about your visitors. This includes optimization opportunities such as what people who had a frustrating experience did on your website or what people liked the most about your website. You can find it in app or I would more than happy to give you a personal tour of it. Use this link to find a time that works in your schedule to get your free Discovery tour: https://calendly.com/esmith1214/15min. I look forward to connecting soon! Cheers - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Sayam
CMO in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

Great value for marketeers with limited time and budget

Comments: I was looking for a simple and affordable tech to help assist our conversion optimization goals. Honestly, I did test out its competitors like VWO and Optimizely which are certainly loaded with some great features, glorified UI and excellent support, but all that also accompanies hefty monthly subscription cost and implementation time. If your marketing goals are clear and you want the product to start getting the job done fast and efficient, Lucky orange is your value for money.

Pros:

I came across Lucky Orange while browsing on the internet for tools to help assist our conversion optimization goals. I decided to give it a shot and was already impressed by how simple they made its setup and get started. Took me 10 minutes to link it up with our landing pages and another 10 to setup the dashboard. The recordings feature is great, but the quality of the live view of visitors on website is phenomenal. I love the dashboard, especially the ability to create multiple funnels and observe their performances through their daily or weekly auto-generated reports via email.

Cons:

It's quite evident that UI isn't their most important focus. It's definitely trailing in the branding game of today's b2b saas products. But if one is ok to overlook the glorification of software elements, the core of the product is strong and gets the job done. It skipped tagging from some recordings from time to time, but I reached out to their support team and they immediately helped us fix it.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review, Sayam! We're thrilled you've been able to leverage Lucky Orange to help improve your website and drive more conversions. Having your website statistics and visitor behavior in one tool helps your business make the best decisions for your customers. Thank you for this five-star review! Happy tracking! Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Joshua
Administrator, Web Technology / IT Support in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Has helped us offer better support and better track down customer issues

Pros:

The live chat and session recordings have enabled us to better serve our customers. The live chat allows us to answer questions in real time for customers and allows them to complete their order without having to sit on hold trying to connect with us via the phone. It also allows us to better track down issues customers experience.

Cons:

The biggest challenges we have had is that sometimes the session recordings do not exactly match what the customer experienced. I am not certain, but I think it may have to do with externally hosted JavaScript files. It would also be helpful if when you are searching for a customer session, more of the data would bring up the session. Sometimes even when I have the city, state, phone number and email address of a customer, I still cannot locate their session recording. This is especially frustrating when I finally find the session and some or all of that information is in the session data, but it still did not come up in the session search results.

last year

Thank you for the review and feedback - I'll pass it along to our engineering team. It's great to hear that you're using Session Recordings to provide even better support to your customers. We're here if you need anything! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Amit
Product Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing Product! Heat-mapping made easy : )

Comments: The overall experience has been excellent! It's my go-to tool for exploratory & investigation analysis for our website. It helps me immensely in making data-driven decisions daily.

Pros:

In one word: EVERYTHING! Great product, easy to operate, easy setup & impressive visualization capabilities!

Cons:

Back-tracking of data for heat mapping is only possible for 60 days!

last year

Thank you for your positive review of Lucky Orange, Amit! We're thrilled to hear that you find our tool great, easy to operate, and are impressed by Lucky Orange's visualization capabilities. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to serve you and your business. Thank you for choosing Lucky Orange, and we're here should you need any help! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Kathy
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great software for analyzing traffic

Pros:

This software has been a godsend when the need for troubleshooting reared its ugly head. We've used this on multiple occasions to identify or eliminate problems that were impacting sales. We had this "turned on" even when we weren't actively using it, and the info we are able to glean from the heat maps show us how to reformat our homepage for best customer experience. Also we use it to identify different shopping tendencies. Highly recommend Lucky Orange to anyone who has an eCommerce business that truly wants to be able to dig deeper in data in order to grow.

Cons:

I had a difficult time disconnecting an old account for Lucky Orange, so between the 2 different versions it was tricky getting set up correctly. Unfortunately I waited until I was in the middle of troubleshooting after reinstalling (that was on me) so I wasn't able to tell if it was LO not working properly or my website. But customer service has always been EXCELLENT. This really isn't a complaint just don't do what I did and wait until you need it to have it live on your store.

2 years ago

Wow! Love that Lucky Orange plays a role in the growth of your website! Understanding visitor behavior really makes all the difference. Thank you for this glowing review and recommendation. Our team is here should you need anything else! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Julie
Owner in Australia
Retail, Self Employed

Useful Tool

Comments: A worthwhile tool that can help, but the cost has risen sharply enough to think about surviving without it in the future.

Pros:

Ability to see when customers are having trouble.

Cons:

The large increase in fees recently. Not all visitor traffic is showing for one of my websites.

2 months ago

Thanks for your feedback, Julie. Love that you’re able to use Lucky Orange to see when and where your customers experience issues. Regarding your tracking discrepancies, there are many reasons this could be happening: https://help-preview.luckyorange.com/article/275-faq-why-some-visitors-aren-t-tracked. Regarding your pricing feedback, Lucky Orange continues to evolve to bring you more features and scale with you as your business grows. Over the last year we’ve launched multiple question surveys, optimizable segments and a new Optimizely integration among other features. This is in addition to the 20+ features that are included with every Lucky Orange plan. I would be happy to give you a personal tour of our newest features, address your tracking discrepancies and collect your pricing feedback. Use this link to find the best time in your schedule for this tour: https://calendly.com/esmith1214/15min. I look forward to connecting soon. Best Regards - Emilia from Lucky Orange

Kari
Digital Marketing Manager in US

Useful and Helpful

Pros:

Ability to choose what to review. Heatmaps. Element tracking. Flagging events I want to track more closely.

Cons:

Not all of my recordings are captured. I've had several instances where something failed and a recording couldn't be captured.

6 months ago

Kari, thank you for leaving us a review and sharing your feedback. Love to see that visitor behavior has helped to find ways to improve your website. However, we’re concerned about the issues you’ve mentioned about some of your recordings not being captured and would like to investigate it further. When you get the chance, please send an email to [email protected] referencing this review. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Best Regards - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Carol Ann
Owner in France
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Lucky Orange is an important tool in my tool kit

Comments: My overall experience with Lucky Orange has been nothing but good and I highy recommend it.

Pros:

I like the fact that I can tell at a glance where my site visitors are from, where they landed on my site and exactly which pages they visited enableling me to constantly tweek and optimise my site effectively. I love the alert sound when a customer visits my site and I can track their activity in real time. I really would not be without Lucky Orange and all the features it offers at a very affordable price

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Lucky Orange.

2 years ago

We love when our customers walk away saying, "Lucky Orange is an important tool in my tool kit!" Hearing from our customers on how they have been to use Lucky Orange to optimize their website is extremely beneficial and motivating to our team. We too love custom notifications!. We wish you continued success and don't hesitate to reach out should we be able to help you in any way! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Greg
Emarketing Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use, great information

Comments: Easily worth the money to learn who is visiting and how customers perceive your website.

Pros:

Visit recordings. Provided valuable information on how customers interact with the website's content.

Cons:

Chat feature could use some more customization options / features.

4 years ago

Appreciate the review, Greg! We love hearing that you're finding our features, especially session recordings, to be useful for your website. Understanding how visitors are using your website can make a world of a difference for your customer experience, website and business. I'm here if you have any questions! Thanks for spreading the Lucky Orange love. Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Aqeel
Aqeel
Marketing Manager in India
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Best Web Analytics Tool

Pros:

It captures and stores activities of website visitors in real time and you can see what actions your website visitors are taking in real-time.

Cons:

They recently launched a new version which I didn't like and I am still using the old one.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the five-star review and feedback. Observing customer behavior on your site is a great way to discover pain points and understand the visitor experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can help you with. Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Marketing Executive in UK
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Best budget heatmapping tool

Comments: Absolutely flawless at the current price point. Lucky Orange offers just about everything you'd expect from more expensive competitors.

Pros:

It's difficult to slate the platform considering the price point - Lucky Orange is by far the most affordable (and probably best value for money) heatmapping tool out there. It does everything you need, from heatmapping, mouse tracking, funnel and form analytics. Regular email reports are incredibly helpful.

Cons:

Reports load slowly and general use is pretty clunky and frustrating; there's a lot of work that could be done from a UX perspective on the platform. That being said, the tool is easy to learn, and reports are simple to understand.

3 years ago

Thank you for your review, Chris! We strive to provide a great product at an affordable cost to our customers and excited to hear we are meeting your business's needs. We appreciate your review, and happy tracking! Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Sarah
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Good for an overview of customer interactions of your website

Comments: While my knowledge is basic for this software, I do find it helpful overall. I wish LuckyOrange offered more in-depth tutorials. I think would really help retain more customers instead of getting frustrated.

Pros:

I like the easy of use when looking at landing pages, heat maps and the chat box.

Cons:

I wish I knew more of the features offered. The company's face to face tutorial is decent but pretty short. I am working my way through more YouTube tutorials to better utilize this product.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Sarah! We're happy to hear that Lucky Orange has been able to let you optimize your landing pages and connect with your visitors. Per your feedback about tutorials, have you been able to schedule a personal onboarding call? This is a 100% free service we offer all visitors to better understand Lucky Orange and to answer your questions. You can set it up here: https://calendly.com/lucky_orange_onboarding/15-minutes-new. We also have a Help Center with a lot of tutorials and guides on all aspects of Lucky Orange from setup to privacy to features. Check it out at https://help-preview.luckyorange.com/. Again, thank you for your review, and please reach out should we be able to provide any further assistance. Happy tracking! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Sotiris
web design in Greece
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Lucky Orange

Pros:

The best app out there and the most cheap to start over.

Cons:

No nothing.I dont have anything to say that i dont like in lucky orange .

11 months ago

We're delighted to hear that you find Lucky Orange to be the best app out there and affordable to start with! We're glad there's nothing you don't like about our tool. Thank you for your positive review and for choosing Lucky Orange! We're here should you need anything! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Peter
Co-Founder in Hungary
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Best video recording

Comments: Good

Pros:

Their visitor video recording tool is the best on the market.

Cons:

Luckyorange doesn't catch all of the visitors. Their UI was outdated, but now they changed it.

last year

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're happy you find so much value in our Session Recording tool. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

Marian
CEO in Romania

It was just eye opening, we found out where our advertising money went

Pros:

A very big improvement for analyics software, you can see your website through visitors eyes, and control what they should see. A great tool for understanting where your advertising money go, and you can learn so much more from UX design to targeting ppc or social media, every channel matters, every improvement moves the bottom line from red to green.

Cons:

The free trial was great, if I am not mistaken one free month. Sometimes the live function does not work properly, that being said I did work more with recordings.

Abdelaziz
CEO in Morocco
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

best Expérience

Pros:

The first time I see live users entering my site and I see the areas visited and the one avoided suddenly it's an extraordinary tool to develop your online business

Cons:

the implementation the first time you had to ask for help, and just after everything is intuitive

last year

Thank you for leaving us a review! Great to hear that you're using our tools to help grow your online business. We're here if you need anything! Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange