Filter by:

• Overall

About Lucky Orange

Get 10 tools in 1 to increase website conversions and improve visitor’s experience with heatmaps, user recordings, live chat and more.

Learn more about Lucky Orange

Andrew M.
Marketing Technologist in US

Awesome for heatmaps, scroll and click data

4 2 years ago

Comments: We use Lucky Orange regularly to look at a users experience on our website and to make changes to enhance the user experience and increase conversion rates. As a marketer not using a tool like Lucky Orange is providing a disservice to your marketing.

Pros:

The interface to get heatmaps, scroll data, click data, form completions etc. is the best on the market from the products that I have tried which include Crazy Egg and Hotjar. With Lucky Orange you don't have to pre-setup the URL's you want to track. You can simply look at any URL on your domain and look at the data for a rolling period of time. You do have to set up some elements but overall not having to worry about setting up specific URL's is a awesome feature of the product.

Cons:

Although the feature of not having to select the URL's you want to track like competitors there are some negatives to this feature. Lucky Orange price plans have rolling days and total domain page view limits. This makes it difficult to go back and look at specific windows based on your price plan because data is rolling. If you run out of page views you need to increase your plan moving forward or not have all data present to make a decision from. Other products make it easier to look at historical data for a period but you have to be diligent on what you want to track. There are pros and cons to both scenarios.

Alternatives Considered: Hotjar

Reasons for Choosing Lucky Orange: We switched from Crazy Egg to Lucky Orange for two reasons. One Lucky Orange offered a price promotion for HubSpot customers that was attractive and two the interface and experience delivered the same or exceeded Crazy Egg making the switch easy to implement.

Switched From: Crazy Egg

Reasons for Switching to Lucky Orange: Simplicity and cost. I would actually choose Hotjar as my number one option if budget wasn't a factor. It has the most enhanced feature set from my experience. Lucky Orange serves what we need at this stage for our company.

2 years ago

Thank you for your kind review, Andrew! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has given you that front row seat to user experience to make changes that impact your bottom line. Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you. Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Chris C.
Marketing Executive in UK
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Best budget heatmapping tool

3 11 months ago

Comments: Absolutely flawless at the current price point. Lucky Orange offers just about everything you'd expect from more expensive competitors.

Pros:

It's difficult to slate the platform considering the price point - Lucky Orange is by far the most affordable (and probably best value for money) heatmapping tool out there. It does everything you need, from heatmapping, mouse tracking, funnel and form analytics. Regular email reports are incredibly helpful.

Cons:

Reports load slowly and general use is pretty clunky and frustrating; there's a lot of work that could be done from a UX perspective on the platform. That being said, the tool is easy to learn, and reports are simple to understand.

10 months ago

Thank you for your review, Chris! We strive to provide a great product at an affordable cost to our customers and excited to hear we are meeting your business's needs. We appreciate your review, and happy tracking! Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Shayne H.
Shayne H.
Director of Sales in India
Internet, 11-50 Employees

A range of useful optimization tools to help understand your customers better!

4 3 years ago

Comments: After using HotJar from the beginning of time, I recently stumbled upon LuckyOrange and helped my organization implement its' use immediately. I enjoy learning and recording how our users interact with our website. LuckyOrange has opened my eyes to so many things that I didn't know about. In my opinion, LuckyOrange is the best tool out there for Quantitive research.

Pros:

1) Set-up & Website Impact: LuckyOrange takes less than 10 minutes to set up and the best part is - It doesn't affect the speed of my site at all! I try my best to keep my site's loading speed under 3 seconds (for various reasons), so this is one of the many reasons why I choose to use LuckyOrange. 2) RealTime Tracking: LuckyOrange lets you see who's on your website and through which channel they found you. 3) Session Recordings: LuckyOrange makes recordings of your visitors' sessions. These recordings will provide you with a detailed playback of how people use and interact with your website. This feature helps me spot all aspects that are killing my conversions. 4) Data Interpretation: The analytical data and statistical reports that LuckOrange gives you is easy to understand and study. 5) Integrations: LuckyOrange seamlessly integrates with HubSpot and places the recordings directly on their respective contact timelines. 6) Identifying Abandonment: Conversion Funnels help you study the flow of your user navigation, ultimately helping you identify and solve abandonment issues. 7) Form Optimization: Form Analytics help you zero in on which part of your forms need to be optimized. 8) Chat Option: I already have a different chat client that I am currently using. However, for people who don't, LuckOrange gives you the ability to speak directly to your client in order to guide them through the conversion process, if necessary.

Cons:

1) Redundant or Unnecessary Recordings: It would be nice if LuckOrange can allow you to delete unnecessary recordings. 2) New Tabs: It would be more convenient if new recordings open in a new tab.

Yuri K.
Marketing Analyst in Brazil
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

New way to see how customers interact with my company's website

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Until I knew this tool, I had no idea that there was something similar. Lucky Orange allowed a more careful analysis of my company's website, we began to analyze the days of major visits, heatmaps and frequency of visits, to determine the best moments to publish some sales.

Cons:

At first we had difficulty to understand that we would need to disable the IP's of the internal PC's of the University, not to have "false numbers". This caused some confusion, but nothing that would hinder the use of the tool.

Katie R.
Website Merchandiser in US
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

A Great Snapshot Of Our Site

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Lucky Orange's daily email updates are a great way to stay informed about traffic to our site. Their chat has allowed us to connect with consumers in real time and to provide them invaluable support and critical information, and their recordings have helped us identify performance issues on our site. Their customer service team is also incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons:

We have not experienced any significant issues while working with Lucky Orange.

2 years ago

Thank you for this five-star review, Katie! Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value from our daily email updates, live chat and recordings. It sounds like you've been able to dive right into the insights and find ways that improve your website and customer experience. Being able to understand your customers to make improvements that clear up navigation pain points and create a better experience is extremely rewarding. Don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way. Happy tracking! Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Adriana B.
CEO & Founder in Brazil
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

It is a must have for UX driven companies

5 last year

Comments: A must have for our team and business!

Pros:

It was super easy to setup Lucky Orange through GTM and within 1 week of trial we had many insights for UX optimization that we found out when navigating through heatmaps and also records for specific pages.

Cons:

USD. We are a Brazilian company and when paying in dollars we have importation taxes that mulitply by 1.5x.

last year

We strive to make sure all of our customers walk away saying, "This is a must have for our team and business!" Love to hear that you've been able to use Lucky Orange's dynamic heatmaps and session recordings to make such an impact on your website and customer experience. Appreciate the recommendation, and don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of service in any way. Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Jovan M.
Jovan M.
Performance Marketing Specialist in Serbia
11-50 Employees

Great easy to use tool for heatmapping and website visitor behavior analysis.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

This tool helped me get the right conclusions on my website. You just need to separate few hours per week to view all recorded sessions, and you will be in the right direction what to do next.

Cons:

Filtering didn't work very well. Also when you have a lot of visitors on a website it's very hard to look all these videos located in one place.

CEO in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Really cool insights

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I enjoyed seeing how my customer interacted with our website. So many things I never knew. It is a must have.

Cons:

I would like to see more effort put into actionable insights. This is a really great tool for all ecommerce specialists.

Danny C.
CEO in Hong Kong
Online Media, Self Employed

I like to hear the bell sound when new user visiting my website

5 last year

Pros:

yes, Lucky Orange is great, the system even give you sound notification when someone visit your website, this is real good when I am alone at home/office; then I know someone is reading/surfing what I create. The system also allow me to start the live view and see what the visitor reading on the page, include with their location, landing and exit page, browser type, screen resolution, did they type on the site etc... this is the details I need, so i can keep improve/update my website! Lucky Orange also screen record all the page view, so I can review on the page UI design, fix the UI problems and see what user likes on the page, this is really useful for the website too. Thanks Lucky Orange to build good product like this, Thanks

Cons:

The system is real good, if you really need me to come up the least of the software will be the Chinese translation, I found some of the Chinese word is not match with the functions

last year

These are words we love to hear, Danny! Finding new ways to see what your customers are experiencing and taking the guesswork out of improving your store is invaluable. We are thrilled to be part of your business and are looking forward to continuing to work with you! Thank you for this glowing review, and please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any questions. Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

Kevin s. O.
Kevin s. O.
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Furniture, 201-500 Employees

User friendly heatmap application

5 3 years ago

Comments: I make a lot of landing pages with subtle differences. Lucky Orange clearly indicates which elements attract clicks and how, and I can also watch recording of site visitors within the app. Extremely useful for testing content.

Pros:

I had been aware of Lucky Orange and its purpose for some time before deciding to purchase it for our Shopify store. Heatmaps can easily be considered an essential piece of tracking software for an e-commerce site, and Lucky Orange does it well. Their analytics are mostly redundant because of Google Analytics, but for their speciality, LO is great. It visualizes visitor data into something to be interpreted and acted upon.

Cons:

The current system of the heatmap loading over the page can confused people. Also, the heatmap is the big kahuna of Lucky Orange so don't hide it as some random tab! Some assume the app failed. Perhaps a more prominent indication of where the heatmap will go.

Patrick M.
Patrick M.
Director, Marketing Technology in US

Solid heat-mapping and analytics tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: We have used the heat maps and recordings to redesign and prove out numerous page and entire website redesigns. Lucky Orange provides the factual backing to make decisions about user experience, and to verify that positive change has resulted.

Pros:

Hands down, the heat-mapping and recordings. They are integral parts of our user experience efforts to see how users are interacting with various pages on our websites and other digital tools. The heat maps are great for a high level glance, and the recordings let you literally watch what specific users were doing.

Cons:

The analytics are basically the same as what you will see on Google Analytics. There's just not much added value to sway you away from using Google's reporting, but there still a good bit here to keep you from absolutely having to login to both tools in many cases.

Collin W.
Team Member in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Great product with great customer platform

5 2 years ago

Comments: These guys are great from platform implementation to continued customer service I am not a tech person and I can instantly tell when a tech company puts customer service before profits because they understand when I have questions it will take some additional time to answer my questions and these guys from day one have done exactly that very pleased with them.

Pros:

Easy to setup and begin to use for the purpose of installing. I did not need to become an expert to utilize this software in a way that instantly added value to our web site build out.

Cons:

It would be nice for a fast way to block IP address' which there may be but I have not done enough research to verify. Sometimes I notice our own IP's often which I know can be blocked but just a quick button to do so would be nice.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Collin! As our founders have always said, you shouldn't need a Ph.D. in data analytics to recognize why people aren't converting. Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value and insight from Lucky Orange and use it to grow your website. We're always here to help if you need it! Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help documentation to guide you through the process: (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email [email protected], we can also take you through the steps.

Tapesh B.
Tapesh B.
Alphonic Network Solutions in India

Website Recording and Analyse user behaviour

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Their video recording tool is the best one as we can easily analyse user behaviour

Cons:

Some of the recording this tool not able to record , don't know but if 100 users will come to my website then it shows only 87 recordings

Marketing Manager in US
Executive Office, 51-200 Employees

Orange you glad you use heatmaps (and more)

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have loved this software and am considering adding it to all of our organization's websites for the upcoming year. It is reasonably priced and you get so much out of it for both web and marketing strategies. It had helped build a much richer story beyond our Google Analytics dashboards!

Pros:

I love pretty much everything about Lucky Orange from the heatmaps to the Hubspot integration. We have used it briefly to see how it might help us with content strategy and correcting some website navigation issues, however, the marketing potential with this tool is pretty great. We are considering how this can help us reach and connect with our visitors.

Cons:

It feels invasive (on behalf of the visitor) at first. There's a lot revealed in watching users in real-time. The information we've learned has been crucial to fixing our website though. A strong and transparent privacy policy is a must with this product.

Kristen Z.
project manager in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Really great for competition and keyword research

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's a great system. I have recommended it to many of my friends and clients.

Pros:

I like to use this system as a starting point for keyword research and competition. I know it does a lot of other cool things that I like as well, but for me, I find the Kombat section most helpful.

Cons:

There's not a lot a dislike, but it would be great if they teamed up with Moz or Ahrefs so that I could get everything I need in one place.

Courtney M.
Owner/Manager in US
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees

It was helpful to see what our customers interests and habits are.

4 3 years ago

Comments: Getting to see a huge never seen before behind the scenes view of what our customers are doing.

Pros:

That you can go behind the scenes and see things otherwise business owners just have to imagine about. A whole new dimension of seeing what your customers are interested in.

Cons:

The live function does not seem to always work properly, and when there's a ton of visitors it's hard to see all the videos all in the same location.

Marketing Coordinator in US

Prime for optimization

5 3 years ago

Comments: After using other websites for heat maps, lucky orange was by far the best that would find and helped us optimize the entire flow of the landing page to checkout process for a campaign.

Pros:

The videos and heat maps helped so much for optimization of landing pages and campaigns. We were able to see exactly where our users were going and where they "got stuck" so that we could optimize again for the future. All of the data is there, which was beyond helpful.

Cons:

When an action was taken on the first page affected the checkout page - it made locating and creating the heat maps for the checkout page a little bit tricky, not impossible but rather an additional step that should have been more prominently placed so that it was known before any data was lost.

Dimitris B.
Undergratuated Student in Greece
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

heatmaps visual

5 3 years ago

Pros:

i liked it a lot cause i can see the traffic and information of traffic

Cons:

its a little bit difficult to learn but as all applications you can learn it

Tom K.
none in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Awesome product

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great product, awesome support, easy to setup/configure and helping on my ecomm stores already.

Pros:

Easy to install, feature packed, very affordable

Cons:

None yet, love it! Takes a little time to setup and configure to get the full benefit, but super simple to configure and support is great.

Content Manager in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

A robust tool that could be better with some improvements

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, I was pleased with what I got out of Lucky Orange, though there are better heatmapping tools out there.

Pros:

I like how easy Lucky Orange is to set up. It's simple to personalize for your needs, too.

Cons:

It's quite a process to group and view multiple recordings and maps.

Director Of Marketing in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

LuckyOrange helps track website visitors and how they interact on your page

5 3 years ago

Comments: LuckyOrange was one of our first website visitor tracking tools that allowed us to see how visitors interacted with the content on our pages. This really helped us understand our audience better.

Pros:

Interpreting the data and statistics reported by LuckyOrange was a breeze and very simple to understand. It definitely makes things a lot easier.

Cons:

There didn't seem to be as much sophistication in the feature-set that a tool like HotJar had.

Joel R.
CEO in US

Fun tool to add without too much work

5 4 years ago

Pros:

We added this tool to our support experience so we could get a better understanding of how our customers needed help. This gave us the ability to see their behaviors and actions without a lot of work on our side.

Cons:

We noticed at times it wasn't perfect in it's reporting and capturing. However, it was so easy that for the basic functions we needed it worked fine.

Varun B.
Varun B.
Co-Founder in India
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

Good But Heavy!!

3 2 years ago

Pros:

It was easy to set up and use and the product comes with a lot of analytics tool which can help a developer understand the user behavior. The session recorder, in particular, is very useful

Cons:

The software makes the application very heavy, we had to discontinue its use.

Raad K.
Raad K.
Marketing Director in Jordan

BEST app to understand why your customers aren't converting

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I thought I had a store with fantastic user experience based on my previous shopify stores, but turns out what I learned so far doesn't apply to all stores... For example, the upsell on my cart's page doesn't show on certain devices unless the user scrolls down (and I wanted it to be visible immediately), another example has to do with older age groups (main audience for one of my stores) as they didn't realize there are more images for the product that they can see by simply swiping left or right, this made them keep on changing the variants to view the product in its other colors (it was a problem with a specific theme, so I added a swipe icon on the first image)... At first I thought their monthly price is not within my budget as I didn't need the app often, so I paid $50 for a limited lifetime deal with some other app, only to realize later on that I use it way more often than I originally thought, AND no one masters the app like Lucky Orange starting with its features, functionality, ease of use, speed, and ending with its super amazing support team. Thank you for such a great app :)

Cons:

The only thing is probably have my own device(s) excluded from the recordings, not sure if that's available or not - didn't look up their help section.

2 years ago

These are words we love to hear! Getting that front row seat to customers' online behaviors can provide invaluable insights to improving your website. Thank you for your kind review, Raad! As you continue to use Lucky Orange, I'm here to help if you have any more questions or need assistance in any way. Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help guide (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email into [email protected], we can also take you through the steps.

Director of Marketing in US

Best heat mapping for the money

5 last year

Comments: Lucky Orange has provided us with the heat mapping tool we need to gather more insight regarding how users are using our web pages.

Pros:

The best part is the price. Lucky Orange is much more affordable than other heat mapping tools. It's also better. The heat maps are more reliable, show more data, and better capture the web page. Finally, as an agency, we also love that we can keep all of our clients under one account without paying for them each separately.

Cons:

The only thing I would request is better flexibility in creating filters for heatmaps and visitor recordings. Otherwise, this tool does everything I need it to do.

Alternatives Considered: Hotjar

Reasons for Choosing Lucky Orange: Much cheaper and better heat mapping.

Switched From: VWO Testing

Reasons for Switching to Lucky Orange: Cheaper and better.

last year

We love to hear that getting a front seat to a website's online interactions has been just what you needed to grow conversions and business for your agency and your clients. When you can understand what's preventing a positive customer experience, you can make real-time changes that result in happier customers (and clients). Thanks for this five-star review! Always here if you need anything from our team! Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange