15 years helping British businesses

About 6Storage

6Storage is an all-in-one self storage solution designed by industry experts and offered at a competitive price.

Learn more about 6Storage

Pros:

Every time I have had an issue I just call him and he not only explains how to do what I need done but takes care of it for me.

Cons:

One of my few gripes is that the SMS messages are not truly two way.

6Storage ratings

4.7
5.0
4.6
4.9

9.6/10

6Storage has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 89 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used 6Storage before?

Facility Manager in New Zealand

Easy and Efficient, Storage Management Solution

Comments: By using 6Storage I now have a up to date view of everything going on in the facility and where all my tenants are at. It's easy to manage payments and keep track of debt levels. Automatic invoicing and late fee application are highlights. The ability to email/sms clients from within the software makes debt management more efficient

Pros:

It has streamlined all processes within the business. I like that it is cloud based allowing me access from anywhere. Being a New Zealand based business I am extremly happy with the level of support being provided.

Cons:

There is not a lot that I don't like about it. Over the year that I have been using it I have mentioned a couple of items with the support team that would be helpful. They normally include these in the next release 1 to 2 months later

5 years ago

It's amazing you make the best use of 6Storage. We prioritize new features/enhancements and release it. Currently, we're integrating Quickbooks and you can expect it in the upcoming releases. -Ash

Joseph
President in US

Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Self Storage Management Software

Comments: I have had several customers sign up just from going to our website without ever interacting with our team directly! This was all as a result of going with 6Storage. This was very important to our mission as we look to bring our storage facilities with up to date technologies and increase our capacity to run our facilities at maximum utility.

Pros:

It's a relatively simply platform to use, so the learning curve is easy. However, what I like/appreciate the most is the customer support! Their team is HIGHLY responsive and goes above and beyond to make sure any questions I have concerning a job I'm looking to complete gets answered and implemented.

Cons:

There are some features which I was advised that are on the way which just aren't quite live yet. Also, I have to have all cookies disabled on my browser or else the platform won't load.

last year

Hi Joey! We really appreciate the kind words. We're continually trying to improve on our existing software by offering new and updated features, but the main focus is providing a great product with outstanding customer support. It's in that belief that we will set ourselves apart from our competitors en route to our goal of being the top market choice for self storage management software. Thanks again! DB

Iming
Owner / Operator in Australia
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Disappointed with V1 to V2 upgrade process

Comments: What an experience to migrate from V1 to V2! Self storage is just one of the business we operate. So we use many other business management software. This by far, is the worst we have encountered. No training document or video provided before going live with V2 unexpectedly. We have to hunt for those materials on 6Storage website. Not all data migrated to V2, caused nightmare when trying to answer customer queries. Vehicle storage without complete registration information in V2. I feel that we are beta testing the product and paying full price for the product! Have logged many feature issues on first day! Gate access code takes upto 30 minutes to synch with PTI gate control system!Is V2 a better product than V1? Absolutely not at this moment!! Seriously considering moving to another product!

Pros:

V2 has prettier user-interface than V1, but some features are just illogical.

Cons:

Forced to upgrade to V2 when some features of the software are not completed. V2 feature concerns raised 2 years have not been addressed. V2 rebuild without much QC. Some page layouts are not responsive to actual screen sizes.

Dave
Property Manager in Canada
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Pros and Cons

Comments: I am very please with the S/W and I am looking forward to version 2 once merging is complete.

Pros:

It's ease of navigating around the program. It covers almost all the features needed to run the business. it was easy for a temp worker to pick it up and use while I was gone. I love the email report. It has come in very very handy. Also, the price in good.

Cons:

I would like the discounts to be easier to use. There needs to be allot more reports. Reports are essential. All this data going in and no way of seeing it. One that comes to mind is marketing. It would be useful to see how customers found us. It would be nice to be able to create more reminders like to remind me (not the customer) when a discount is going to end. I should be able to tell it, like other reminders, how many days to report to me. I wish transfers would only transfer the tenant from one stall to another and not recalculate anything especially if the rate did not change. It should simply move it.

2 years ago

Thanks for the rating, Dave. We really appreciate it! We have noted your comment on the reports. We will work on the same.

Dag
CEO in Norway
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Perfect solution for our needs

Comments: 6Storage has an incredible customer service - available 24/7 by chat. They keep improving their software with new updates/new functions quite often. They have even implemented a few functions for us that we asked them to include - at no cost. We are looking forward to using 6storage for many years to come.

Pros:

Great customer service, easy to use software.

Cons:

No support for mobile (at least so far).

4 years ago

Thanks for cheering us Dag! We're continuously improving and we're happy to have someone like you with us.

Crystal
Administrator in US
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

6 storage is by far the best storage program for the value. Highly Recommended!

Comments: From the beginning, the team at 6 storage has been exceptional. In a world where customers and clients are no longer valued as they once were, 6 Storage remains true to the tried and true business models of professional courtesy, promptness, respect, and support. For these reasons, I love the program and the team, and it has been a pleasure to do business with 6 Storage.

Pros:

Ease of use and reporting, integrations (like QB) and customer service are top notch!

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints to be honest :)

Gail
Company Administrator in Spain
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

First choice for self storage management

Comments: Our overall experience is a positive one and we can highly recommend this product for anyone setting up a self storage business.

Pros:

Excellent support 24/7 takes the stress out of storage management. The programme is easy to use.

Cons:

The ¨leads¨ section doesn't work for me.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5-star rating, Gail. We're very grateful for customers like you!

Ethan
Ethan
CEO in US

Great system, great people

Comments: It has been really good excited to grow.

Pros:

Easy of use. The people behind it know storage.

Cons:

There have been a few minor bugs during the roll-out of updates, but all have been addressed and fixed in a timely manor.

Trent
Trent
IT Director in US

Great Product, Great Support, Great Value

Comments: Great people to work with - always responsive!

Pros:

We were able to convert a process that was completely paper-based to the 6storage software very easily especially with the great support provided by the 6storage team. Our customers love the fact that they can now manage and pay their account online without having to make a trip to our office!

Cons:

There are a lot of different ways to do what is essentially the same thing - it can be confusing at times, especially when the user is not computer savvy.

4 years ago

Thank you for the positive words - its so good to be responsive and listen to someone isn't it. Yes, any facility using excel sheets or other time-consuming workflows can switch to 6Storage, a self-storage management software. You can always reach our 24x7 support for help, especially if you are not computer savvy.

Dimitar
Dimitar
Managing Director in Bulgaria

Good and getting even better.

Pros:

Stable software which includes everything you can possibly need for your self storage business. I am using it for more than 8 months and I am satisfied. The customer support is great and every inquiry I have is resolved within a few hours.

Cons:

We are using Cyrillic alphabet and it was a little bit hard to adapt and translate everything. Still some features in the invoices are still in English.

6 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Dimitar! We work hard to maintain the stability of the software and to meet expectations. We¿re happy to hear that we hit the mark for you. We can translate everything in native language for all documents. Kindly drop in details to [email protected], we will work on it.

Santeri
Co-Founder in Spain
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

6Storage - The most well rounded Self Storage software management service I could find

Comments: The overall experience is great and would recommend anyone starting in the Self-Storage business. They fit the bill for businesses that are just starting and for scaling your business quickly.

Pros:

The software is very easy to you and has many features other competitors lack. The team is competent and helpful when problems arise and are always available to help. I highly recommend the product because they will adapt to your needs without being expensive in the process.

Cons:

Customer service is always available yet you need a few iterations before you arrive to the optimal solution. So it requires some time to be spent with them to really get everything ready to work for you at the most optimal level.

2 years ago

Thank you for the feedback, Santeri! We appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review!

Mike
MD in South Africa
Commercial Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Review of 6 storage software

Comments: Time saving and very good control, specifically of invoicing and customer movements( moving in and out)

Pros:

Ease of use and time saving. System auto runs which allows time for customer interaction.

Cons:

Very little, overall the experience was very good

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the review Mike and I am happy to work with you.

James
Owner in South Africa
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

6Storage - The best Self-Storage Software

Comments: User and customer experience have been world class.

Pros:

It's very easy to use, and very powerful. Its features are extremely user friendly and a huge time saver for our multi location business.

Cons:

Version 2 will sort out any cons. The 6Storage team have worked hand-in-hand with us to add and develop all of our requests.

2 years ago

Hello James, Thanks for your feedback. We look forward to serving you better. We appreciate your business with 6storage.

Curran
Owner and Founder in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

6Storage Review

Comments: Fantastic. We have a great relationship with everyone there. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Everyone that we encounter at 6Storage has been very personal, pleasant to work with, and most of all, dedicated to making the product work for their customers.

Pros:

Its ease of use. Additionally, the customer support is wonderful!!!!

Cons:

I can't complain!!!!! There is no software that does everything that every customer wants. But 6Storage will always work with customers to AND take their feedback to help improve. It is wonderful to see this commitment to a service.

3 years ago

Your review means a lot to us, Curran. It lets us know we're on the right track!

Isak
CEO in Norway
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Intuitive and user frendly, high service level and ability to customize integrations

Pros:

The program is very easy to use for both the customer service team as for the management. 6Storage has a highly skilled service and development team that helps us integrate other products and create a fully automatic system to run our business.

Cons:

There are a lot of standard reports and the team help us create if we need different reports or changes, but the ability to create reports on our own would be great.

3 years ago

Hello Isak! Thanks much for your ratings. Will make sure to work on this custom reports, in the upcoming days considering your feedback.

Peter
Owner in Germany

Great support and scalability

Comments: Solves all the problems we have around the management of our two facilities

Pros:

The cost-effectiveness and 24/7 support is great

Cons:

Integration into EU accounting software is currently under development

Thank you Peter.

Jessie
Owner in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Choose 6Storage and thank me later.

Pros:

Once you learn how the software works then you will find it very helpful and functional.

Cons:

Some reports are not accurate however the 6storage team is aware and working on them. Later versions should correct known issues. I have experienced these issues being corrected.

Garry
Partner in US

Excellent Customer support!

Comments: Just up and running with the software, but extremely happy that we chose the folks at 6Storage. We are a brand new startup facility (with minimum tech experience) and 6Storage has been a turnkey solution for management software and Website needs.

Pros:

- Does everything we need at a fraction of the cost of comparable services. - Ability to capture leads / reservations during the construction phase of Storage facility development - OUTSTANDING sales and customer support!

Cons:

- Bit of a learning curve getting set up, but online chat folks are immediately available, and very effective.

5 years ago

¿Garry, wow! Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate for having given us the opportunity to work with your business and helping to share the word about us. We¿re here for you anytime.¿

Joshua
Owner in US

Great Customer Service

Comments: We demoed several software/website providers. We felt and still feel we made the best decision signing up with 6 Storage!!

Pros:

Super Friendly and helpful. Service is great long after the sale. Small enough to provide a personal touch yet sophistication of a larger company.

Cons:

haven't had any cons!!! We have had zero issues with them. Very quick to respond and help!!

Simon
Partner in UK

Great customer service. Inspire of many demands I make of their support!

Pros:

I really like the fact that no matter what I ask they always try and accommodate me. They have never said no to any of my requests. Always extremely courteous and patient.

Cons:

No cons because when I have issues and ask for change they try and help me!! Was nervous about the pricing initially as the offer seemed too good to be true, so far it is working out really well.

6 years ago

Thank you so much Simon for the Positive feedback about the affordable pricing and customer support. We've always believed in delivering a software that could be customized to the way you run your storage facility. We will continue to satisfy all your unique requirements.

Chandler
Manager in US

6storage review

Pros:

The support team is extremely helpful. It is easy to use after a learning how to use it and once you understand the programming. Online tutorials are there to walk you through any steps that might challenge you. If you make a mistake, the support team can help you fix it.

Cons:

Only downside is it takes a little longer than I would like when it loads from one page to the next, but this really isn't a huge negative.

5 years ago

Thank you for your comment. We're working on improving the performance. Our support team is available 24/7 on chat/email/calls and we're glad you find us helpful and reliable.

Vikoriia
Marketing manager in Ukraine

Self storage Komora. Ukraine

Comments: Excellent software for starting a business. The support team reacts quickly and adds all the necessary features. For our account, a lot of customization has been done. Thank you 6storage team

7 years ago

Thank you for your great review! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying the software!

Mickie
OFFICE Coordinator in US

More than happy with the software and support team.

Pros:

User friendly and fun to learn. Customer support is available on a moment's notice and always addresses any and all of my questions and/or concerns. The team is quick to make all changes I request with complete satisfaction. I would recommend this product 100%.

7 years ago

Thanks for leaving a review, Our team here at 6Storage is thrilled to have your feedback, and we¿re proud to have one of the most responsive support team in the industry. As always we thrive in giving out better benefits each day for storage owners.

Pablo
Director in Argentina
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great software

Comments: I am becoming more love into 6storage

Pros:

very useful and easy to manage. It is very visual and friendly graphics.

Cons:

Missing to connect with AFIP Dpt. from Argentina to make the invoice with QR made by AFIP.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the review Pablo and I am happy to work with you.

Darren
owner in US
Packaging & Containers, 51–200 Employees

Great Company

Pros:

Ease of use. Did what we needed it to do.

Cons:

For us, everything worked as promised. We cant think of any improvements needed.