VoxVote Reviews

4.5 (379) Write a Review!

About VoxVote

Free mobile voting platform with unlimited audience. Poll your audience live of with your video conference sessions.

Learn more about VoxVote

Pros:

I like the pricing model - I don't make presentations every month. I buy a block of credits and use them as I have speaking engagements.

Cons:

Hard to see results, the usr interaction is not always optimal.

VoxVote ratings

4.4
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.7/10

VoxVote has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 379 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used VoxVote before?

Amy
Amy
Director of Education in US
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

I wanted to add an audience participation tool to a live event and Voxvote was easy to implement.

Pros:

It allows an unlimited number of respondents and many features which can be customized. It was easy to implement and the tutorial was helpful. They let you try it for free 5 times so you can test drive it.

Cons:

Ask me again in a few months after I've used it a few times. I am still playing around with it and don't know what I like or don't like yet. i would love to be able to integrate the questions right into my powerpoint, but at this point it looks like I will be toggling back and forth. Let me know it this is not correct.

5 years ago

Yes, at the moment there is no Powerpoint or Keynote plugin. Main reason: it might work on your local installation laptop, but on venue location, there might be other laptops on media beamers, preventing to install plugins. Also, the variety of Microsoft Office - version 2010, 2013, 2016 both on 32 and 64 bits makes it really hard to make hassle free plugins. Nevertheless, we are developing a simple slide page within VoxVote in 2018. So you can create simple slides between your questions. You can think of headers, subheaders, paragraphs, images, bulleted lists etc.

Sally
Administrator in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

First time online voting user

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of set up and the ability to tailor the type of question. Being able to set a max/exact response and the reminder for voters if not adhered to.

Cons:

Liked the option preview and live modes but would have liked bit more upfront information about their use.

3 weeks ago

Thanks!

Rob
Senior Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 Employees

Got my Vote

Comments: Collecting feedback and assessing knowledge "real time" in meetings.

Pros:

Ease of setting up the questions, editing the questions, and reordering the questions was a pleasant surprise.

Cons:

Capturing and displaying the results was difficult. Also, I would like an option to embed the functionality in a Power Point or display in a "full screen" mode on Teams.

2 years ago

Thanks for your review. We have a slide module, so you can combine slides and questions live within VoxVote, we will contact you soon about this option. Full screen in Teams, yes thats possible.

Anna
Executive Assitant - Partner Specialist in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

Simple and efficient!

Comments: Voxvote brings a level of professionalism and class to our in person and online programs which benefits both our team and our clients as well.

Pros:

After using only a few times, it is very user friendly and easy to set up new events and questions for our presenters to use.

Cons:

It would be great if there were a text to chat feature where I could communicate with a Voxvote team member with questions. Look into Podium another great tech company that can do this for voxvotes members!

3 months ago

Thanks,

LUCIO
Tesoriere Generale in Italy
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

VOTE OF A STATUTE

Pros:

IT IS BUILT BY THE EXPERIENCED HAND OF INEXPERIENCED USERS

Cons:

DOES NOT KEEP THE ORDER OF THE QUESTIONS AND DOES NOT SHOW THE COLORS IN THE QUESTION TO THE PARTICIPANTS

last year

Thanks! About the colors to the client. That might influence quiz / correct / yes no answers. Colors are for the chart/graphs only.

Sterling
Teacher in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Great Tool to Have!

Comments: Student Elections, Theme Votes, Royalty Votes- you name it and VoxVote has saved us the money of buying ballots and the time of counting. It's accurate, customizable to our needs and has been a game changer for us. THANK YOU!

Pros:

I appreciate that VoxVote is willing to help out education by providing this service for free (for now). Other companies charge an arm and a leg which we just don't have in the classroom. This service allows us to do quick votes for our student body (Homecoming, Prom, ASB) and because it can be live it is VERY exciting for the students to see. It's AWESOME!

Cons:

I haven't found any yet. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it- it's great!

3 years ago

Whoop Whoop! What a great review!

yael
physiotherapist in Israel
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

using voxvote

Comments: i plan to use it in a conference.

Pros:

easy to learn how to use it. very friendly

Cons:

design can be upgraded to somthing more nice

3 years ago

Thanks, we keep improving!

Gerardo
MD in Spain
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A great tool to improve attention of your audience

Comments: As I previously said, it is a very powerful tool to get more attention and to get to know the opinions of your alumni.

Pros:

For me it is the best way to attract the attention of an audience or public, specially in Med school classes. It also helps teaching and should use it more often.

Cons:

The free version only gives you 10 sessions.... :(

3 months ago

Great to hear. As medical school you can apply for the educational free license

Zoher
Manager School Operations in United Arab Emirates
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Worthy experience with VoxVote

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, consistency, quick responses.

Cons:

A little guide on how to maximise the potential will help.

2 months ago

Thanks! And we see you already benefit from the full free educational license in Dubai.

MD, Senior Consultant in Finland
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Great App (with some minor flaws)

Comments: The flaws described above are rather minor, and will probably get addressed. All in all a great alternative for interactive lectures!

Pros:

I really like the "bring your own device" or BYOD philosophy. It makes this very easily accessible and eliminates hardware logistics for the presenters/organizers. There is a nice variety of question or rather answer types, including multiple choice and free text/word cloud. Creating a quiz is very easy, and with a bit of experience it requires hardly any effort.

Cons:

The designer interface as well as the presentation itself are not very intuitive or self explanatory. You actually have to know what you are doing especially regarding key shortcuts, otherwise you can feel lost (I hid the results by accident during my first presentation with Voxvote, and couldn't make them reappear, for example). It's easy once you consult the documentation though. The screen for the audience does not update automatically. In order to keep track of how many people have voted, you have to keep pushing the refresh button. I haven't found a way yet to make Voxvote show the correct answer after voting, but I do it in Powerpoint instead. The screen the audience sees is the same one that the presenter sees on his screen. I think it would be nicer if there was a presenter screen with all info and a cleaner, uncluttered audience screen on the 2nd monitor/projector.

4 years ago

You can use 'color' to indicate the correct answer.

Human Resources Manager in Canada
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

It’s a quickest way to get the pulse on your organization

Pros:

We’ve used VoxVote in several of our town hall meetings and find that polls are an excellent way to get feedback from our employees on whatever issue is being discussed. It’s a great way to engage them and have them voice out their opinions even on sensitive or controversial issues because they can find comfort in anonymity. It’s the quickest way to resolve any issue that might otherwise take days or weeks to decide on. The results were provided in a clear visual and can be stored in a database to show changes in trend and perceptions for analysis. There are a variety of styles available for the questions and many of the features can be customized to easily fit our needs.

Cons:

It doesn’t have the ability to integrate the questions into an MS Powerpoint presentation at the moment, but I hear the developers are working on a plugin for this so it will just be a matter of time then.

Mike
Adjunct Professor in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

I've only used it for a few classes so far, but I am impressed with how well it works

Comments: It is similar to using Clickers, except that students do not need to pay an extra to buy it. I find that polling students has several benefits. One, it helps students to realize that their thoughts are not unusual, thus making them more likely to express them in discussions. Two, polling allows students to express opinions anonymously on controversial issues and then to see the viewpoint of the class (e.g. fellow students). Three, polling can help to make unreflective, but popular notions apparent by exposing them in a safe way.

Pros:

It is easy to use. It works without any sort of problems or glitches. I like that I always have the same code, so that students don't need a new code for each question that I might ask. The visuals are also clear so that students can see them easily on the screen and it seems to work on everyone's phone or computer.

Cons:

Mostly, I wish that I could incorporate a poll into PowerPoint slides. It would make it simpler to ask a question, and then go into a discussion and then to another question. I would also like to be able to duplicate an event and name it according to the semester, year and session in which I am using it, since I will often repeat a poll over several semesters if it works well.

Customer Service Manager in US
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

Gathering Audiences’ Feedback Has Never Been Easier

Pros:

Audience feedback is a necessary factor to determine the casino’s customer service effectivity. I have started using online questionnaires in place of old paper questionnaires to gather different customer feedbacks. It is a fast and efficient way to collect necessary details without the hassle of pen and paper. VoxVote is specialized for surveys or voting type of feedback. It is highly customizable which allows me to gather the necessary details I need to determine the necessary changes our processes require.

Cons:

Incorporation with other software such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Word is a little difficult. It is a necessity especially during quarterly reports.

Developer in Belgium
Used the Software for: Not provided

Looking for an interactive ice breaker to start a training and poll the group of 10 at the start.

Comments: Too early to tell, still need to perform with a real live audience.
I hope to use this as an ice breaker at the start of a short training to poll participants about their perception and let the answer statistics generate some interactions from the audience.

Pros:

Kahoot is used a lot in our company during events, but I needed something that is not a contest but a poll that allows for more than 4 answers. PROS: + Web based and browser access and no mandatory app required (not everyone has a smartphone!) + Easy to set-up questions + Clear visualisation of the results

Cons:

- First impression of a question with 7 answers looked clunky due to scrolling that felt unnatural - After a first test, it is not clear what "free" really means... Limitations of a free account were not visible, but then again I dit not really look for it either before filling this in. --> value for your company will be that your name will be mentioned and projected throughout a diverse population of 10K+ employee company. If feedback of participants is good, it will be promoted in our internal intranet community.

5 years ago

Hi, thanks for your review. We don't have yet your credentials, so please sent us a mail to [email protected] and we can try to solve the 'cons' you mentioned.

Manager in US
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees

Easy way to make simple polls for audience engagement

Comments: We really like having voxvote to be able to do everything from gathering opinions on new proposals, to quizzing the audience to be able to give credits to those that answered correctly. It is easy to use, and we love it particularly because it does not require any special instruments in order to use it - just any internet connected device. We are also able to display the polling results so that the audience knows exactly how they stand in regards to the rest of the audience, and this transitions very organically into discussion, which may have been awkward to introduce without polling.

Pros:

It's a great way to be able to generate data from a large audience and then use that data for future analysis. I really enjoy the fact that you do not need to purchase additional hardware to be able to integrate usage of this platform into meetings and other events. It's relatively simple to prepare poll questions, although I would recommend taking some time to get used to the configuration so you don't accidentally close a poll before it's started, or erase the polling information.

Cons:

It would be extremely helpful to be able to embed polls into powerpoint, or at least google slides, so that I could seamlessly transition to the polling during a presentation, which is the only time I'd be gathering this data anyway.

Aleksandra
Student in Montenegro

An amazing software with an amazing Team!

Comments: Excellent ! I am very glad I found voxvote using google search and with joy I will recommend it to others. Although I use it as a student I am sure that local businesses organizing online meetings, especially online brainstorming events would love to give voxvote a try.

Pros:

I love how user friendly this software is, each webpage offers useful information that is easy to spot/find, the events are easy to create and the data is processed immediately after the event ends. Just amazing and practical.

Cons:

So far I like everything. This product is very well planned and designed.

last year

Thanks! Great to hear! You can also benefit with the full version for your University, see website educational offer

Maeghan
Administrative Assistant in Canada
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees

Handy for presentations and fun quizzes at the office.

Comments: Data from employees and coworkers that would have been difficult to get otherwise.

Pros:

Easy to use, fast response rate, good variety of question styles, handy for various uses. Like that it gives on demand data at events and meetings. Users of the app have no problems figuring out how to use it.

Cons:

Expensive to buy credits, and can't re-use credits once archived. Archived credits should not count towards overall credit amount since they are not being used. Bought more credits, but can't delete old quizzes to re-use the credit.

5 years ago

Dear Maeghan, Thanks for the review. About the event credit price (between 10 and 15 euro, we think it's not that expensive). Nevertheless, As an additional service, we un-archived your events in case you want to re-use them.

Faculty in Canada
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

I would use VoxVote over Kahoot!

Comments: I have been using VoxVote for more than a year now (almost 4 semesters) and it has become an essential audience-engagement tool for me and my colleagues at the college. I introduced it to many colleagues who are also using it now.

Pros:

I would use VoxVote over Kahoot on every event where complex audience engagement is required! Instead of having only 4 options in Kahoot, VoxVote allow you to have more or less options as needed - which you can use for example if you want to compare audience evaluation of presentations of several (more than 4) teams or yes/no & questions/answers (2 options). Also, you choose your own colors, add your logo, and even add an image for each question. It is easier to move between questions and re-do/copy a question if there is a problem.

Cons:

Kahoot on the other hand has suspenseful music and cure animations while audience is voting - which is entertaining and nriches the wait time

4 years ago

Thanks for the great review. In general, in business meetings a suspenseful music is not ideal.

Ronald
Executive Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Good Product

Comments: Used during group session to facilitate discussions.

Pros:

This software is flexible, allowing for closed and open ended questions. It is easy to use and easy to set-up.

Cons:

Previous experience was not quite as good, because an App had to be downloaded on each telephone or computer. This made things cumbersome and delayed the results. The updated version is better.

3 years ago

Glad to hear you are using the browser version live.voxvote.com the apps are optional. We recommend the webbased version.

Andrea
associate professor in Hungary
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Feedback

Comments: Students like it and found it useful and fun.

Pros:

Easy to create, fast to start and mobile app

Cons:

I cannot delete a vote when it is wrong. Archived votes cannot be deleted.

2 years ago

Thanks we could provide you a full free educational license.

Emmanuel
Feild Service Representative in Somalia
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Software

Comments: I have used VoxVote to test students after my training exercises and it helps me a lot.

Pros:

I like the VoxVote software because it is easy to use. The results for any voting exercise are fast and accurate. The graphical presentation of the results is outstanding and understandable by every participant.

Cons:

I don't know whether to accuse the software or some smart phones because there are some phones that are slow to connect to the voting exercise. I also like least the number of questions that are available for the free or basic user.

Thansk!

Advisor in Belgium
Farming, 2-10 Employees

Fine tool for polls during debate

Comments: I would recommend VoxVote if you are searching for an easy-to-use tool for realtime polls!

Pros:

This easy to use tool is great for polls during debates on specific topics, as it shows the results in real-time. The figures can then be discussed by the panel/public.

Cons:

The fact that the number of events is limited, even if you upgrade.

Nicholas
Nicholas
Graduate Research Assistant in US
Research, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great way to engage an audience!

Comments: As already noted, I very much enjoy using this software during my required presentations and during lab meetings. It has also been useful for me to develop my public speaking skills, as I can receive feedback on the quality of my presentation right then and there. Great product!

Pros:

I love that this software is FREE and SIMPLE. What more could one ask for? I have had next to no issues with using VoxVote to get feedback from audiences during seminars or presentations. This tool helps to draw in the attention of your audience and is a good break in pace from traditional lecture style presentations.

Cons:

Nothing! I love it! Absolutely plenty for a free software.

Willy
Administrator in Sweden
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Experience of use

Pros:

Easy to understand and use. We use the software for voting and it was easy to explain to participants how to vote.

Cons:

Maybe a more fun layout in the app but it's not a big deal

last year

Thanks! The fun part is not our main focus. We have a b2b focus.

Marie
Youngcaritas Speyer in Germany
Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,000+ Employees

Great!!

Comments: By using Voxvote we have discovered a new way to build a conversation with those we want to reach and inform. It's so much easier to talk about a result and let the audience explain their decision about a question. Especially getting in touch with young adults -the digital natives- it is so much better and also a good way via Smartphones, because they are so used to use them.

Pros:

I like most about Voxvote that it helps you to get in touch with the audience. We used it for a Quiz about our organisation to inform young people about what we do and to get to know what they think about future. They had so much fun with the voting and I'm pretty sure we will continue working with this software, because it's easy to handle.

Cons:

Voxvote has so many features and ways to create an event that it's sometimes a little challenging to understand everything - and I'm sure I haven't discovered all features yet. But I'm also very excited what I can learn about how to present with this software, but it takes some time.

3 years ago

Thanks! Great to read such extended review.