15 years helping British businesses

About VoxVote

Free mobile voting platform with unlimited audience. Poll your audience live of with your video conference sessions.

Learn more about VoxVote

Pros:

I like the pricing model - I don't make presentations every month. I buy a block of credits and use them as I have speaking engagements.

Cons:

Hard to see results, the usr interaction is not always optimal.

VoxVote ratings

4.4
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.7/10

VoxVote has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 416 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used VoxVote before?

Amy
Amy
Director of Education in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

I wanted to add an audience participation tool to a live event and Voxvote was easy to implement.

Pros:

It allows an unlimited number of respondents and many features which can be customized. It was easy to implement and the tutorial was helpful. They let you try it for free 5 times so you can test drive it.

Cons:

Ask me again in a few months after I've used it a few times. I am still playing around with it and don't know what I like or don't like yet. i would love to be able to integrate the questions right into my powerpoint, but at this point it looks like I will be toggling back and forth. Let me know it this is not correct.

6 years ago

Yes, at the moment there is no Powerpoint or Keynote plugin. Main reason: it might work on your local installation laptop, but on venue location, there might be other laptops on media beamers, preventing to install plugins. Also, the variety of Microsoft Office - version 2010, 2013, 2016 both on 32 and 64 bits makes it really hard to make hassle free plugins. Nevertheless, we are developing a simple slide page within VoxVote in 2018. So you can create simple slides between your questions. You can think of headers, subheaders, paragraphs, images, bulleted lists etc.

LUCIO
Tesoriere Generale in Italy
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

VOTE OF A STATUTE

Pros:

IT IS BUILT BY THE EXPERIENCED HAND OF INEXPERIENCED USERS

Cons:

DOES NOT KEEP THE ORDER OF THE QUESTIONS AND DOES NOT SHOW THE COLORS IN THE QUESTION TO THE PARTICIPANTS

3 years ago

Thanks! About the colors to the client. That might influence quiz / correct / yes no answers. Colors are for the chart/graphs only.

Ma
Assistant Professor in Czechia
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Useful but limited free version

Pros:

It does what I expect it to do, namely to collect data from audience.

Cons:

The free option for newly registered is extremely limited while the paid options are expensive for this type of an app. Archivating an event is an irreversible decision, however the user is not warned for this.

Julia
Professor in Portugal
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great to use in Physics classes!

Comments: I use it in classes. After explaining a concept, I ask a few questions on VoxVote to check if the students understood it.

Pros:

It's simple to use. It lets you know immediately whether students understand a concept.

Cons:

It is difficult to write mathematical formulas and equations

Sterling
Teacher in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Great Tool to Have!

Comments: Student Elections, Theme Votes, Royalty Votes- you name it and VoxVote has saved us the money of buying ballots and the time of counting. It's accurate, customizable to our needs and has been a game changer for us. THANK YOU!

Pros:

I appreciate that VoxVote is willing to help out education by providing this service for free (for now). Other companies charge an arm and a leg which we just don't have in the classroom. This service allows us to do quick votes for our student body (Homecoming, Prom, ASB) and because it can be live it is VERY exciting for the students to see. It's AWESOME!

Cons:

I haven't found any yet. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it- it's great!

5 years ago

Whoop Whoop! What a great review!

Willy
Administrator in Sweden
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Experience of use

Pros:

Easy to understand and use. We use the software for voting and it was easy to explain to participants how to vote.

Cons:

Maybe a more fun layout in the app but it's not a big deal

3 years ago

Thanks! The fun part is not our main focus. We have a b2b focus.

yael
physiotherapist in Israel
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

using voxvote

Comments: i plan to use it in a conference.

Pros:

easy to learn how to use it. very friendly

Cons:

design can be upgraded to somthing more nice

5 years ago

Thanks, we keep improving!

Surgeon Educator in Netherlands
Medical Practice, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Voxvote very useable

Comments: Used satisfactorily for many years, started out on educational account.

Pros:

Easily and readily accessible. Presentation mode works well.

Cons:

Difficult to change order of slides, no compatibility with powerpoint, Editing slides (not questions) is cumbersome, selecting colors is difficult as a color always needs to be selected from the palette, not preset.

Sarah
Founder in US
Education Management, Self Employed

VoxVote review

Pros:

My audience values seeing immediate poll results. This information helps validate relevancy of my presentation.

Cons:

As a presenter in charge of all my own tech, it is a little challenging in a live audience venue to toggle between a slide presentation and VoxVote. The process isn't seamless. I wish there was a setting to have my adult audience advance through questions at my direction without my having to manually advance the questions.

Pedro
Head of Operations in Portugal
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Excelent product that i use for more than 3 years

Pros:

easy to use; easy to deply and a good price for what offers

Cons:

the price could be better; the design could be better for presentation

9 months ago

Hi Pedro, can you contact us on sales@voxvote with .com

Banking, 10,000+ Employees

It’s a quickest way to get the pulse on your organization

Pros:

We’ve used VoxVote in several of our town hall meetings and find that polls are an excellent way to get feedback from our employees on whatever issue is being discussed. It’s a great way to engage them and have them voice out their opinions even on sensitive or controversial issues because they can find comfort in anonymity. It’s the quickest way to resolve any issue that might otherwise take days or weeks to decide on. The results were provided in a clear visual and can be stored in a database to show changes in trend and perceptions for analysis. There are a variety of styles available for the questions and many of the features can be customized to easily fit our needs.

Cons:

It doesn’t have the ability to integrate the questions into an MS Powerpoint presentation at the moment, but I hear the developers are working on a plugin for this so it will just be a matter of time then.

Victor
PhD in Netherlands
Public Safety, Self Employed

Why VoxVote works for researchers

Comments: VoxVote has helped me tremendously to gather (and present) my research data in my PhD research project.

Pros:

The design of VoxVote enables first time users to run a voting session without extensive study of functions. Export functions to Excel and PDF work flawlessly and allow to manipulate the data obtained. Audiences feel no security barriers to join voting sessions as they do not have to download apps to participate. The possibility of instant projection of group perceptions enhances communication effects of public presentations.

Cons:

The lack of a presentation mode by which you can show the results of all questions asked in one screen. If scrolling would be required this is no problem, but presenting all results in one go would be an important improvement.

2 years ago

Thanks, and great we worked along your PhD project

Ronald
Executive Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Good Product

Comments: Used during group session to facilitate discussions.

Pros:

This software is flexible, allowing for closed and open ended questions. It is easy to use and easy to set-up.

Cons:

Previous experience was not quite as good, because an App had to be downloaded on each telephone or computer. This made things cumbersome and delayed the results. The updated version is better.

5 years ago

Glad to hear you are using the browser version live.voxvote.com the apps are optional. We recommend the webbased version.

Emmanuel
Feild Service Representative in Somalia
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Software

Comments: I have used VoxVote to test students after my training exercises and it helps me a lot.

Pros:

I like the VoxVote software because it is easy to use. The results for any voting exercise are fast and accurate. The graphical presentation of the results is outstanding and understandable by every participant.

Cons:

I don't know whether to accuse the software or some smart phones because there are some phones that are slow to connect to the voting exercise. I also like least the number of questions that are available for the free or basic user.

Thansk!

Marie
Youngcaritas Speyer in Germany
Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,000+ Employees

Great!!

Comments: By using Voxvote we have discovered a new way to build a conversation with those we want to reach and inform. It's so much easier to talk about a result and let the audience explain their decision about a question. Especially getting in touch with young adults -the digital natives- it is so much better and also a good way via Smartphones, because they are so used to use them.

Pros:

I like most about Voxvote that it helps you to get in touch with the audience. We used it for a Quiz about our organisation to inform young people about what we do and to get to know what they think about future. They had so much fun with the voting and I'm pretty sure we will continue working with this software, because it's easy to handle.

Cons:

Voxvote has so many features and ways to create an event that it's sometimes a little challenging to understand everything - and I'm sure I haven't discovered all features yet. But I'm also very excited what I can learn about how to present with this software, but it takes some time.

5 years ago

Thanks! Great to read such extended review.

RICHARD
Vice Principal in UK
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Vox Vote for Education

Comments: Very easy and quick way to gain insight from our parents without having to go through otrs of paper responses. Parents liked the way in which it is presented and we get more responses.

Pros:

Very easy to use and very easy to gain feedback from parents

Cons:

Nothing at all. Its so easy to use quick.

4 years ago

Thanks

Paulo
Full Professor in Portugal
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple yet powerfull

Comments: Very good.

Pros:

Easy to use in-class, works pretty well.

Cons:

Sometimes some users are not correctly identified when they explicitly vote using a nickname.

Aileen
Tutor in Canada
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

This is a no-brainer

Pros:

I love it. It does exactly what it sets out to do. In particular, I love that it is mobile phone friendly and that you could use basically any device to access. Compatibility issues are nowhere to be found. Results of quizzes are stored in a clean and organized manner so it is all very nice and tidy when you are ready to access the data.

Cons:

The only con I can think of is that I wish I could incorporate polls into PowerPoint slides. From what I read, this is something they are working on in the future, so once that gets settled I can confidently say that this is essentially a flawless product.

5 years ago

Wow, great to hear - no-brainer, we love it.

Steve
Business Manager in Belgium
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Great software, Learners loved it

Comments: After our first few problems, we found the software very easy to use. When I am teaching I need something that works without much effort from myself. This fits the bill. We have already convinced another company to have a trial of the software and I am sure they will find the same benefits as we did.

Pros:

It was very easy to get working. A basic set of questions took just minutes to set up. This is great if you don't have the time to spend learning a lot of new skills. We also liked the fact that there are apps for our learners to use. They found this much easier than going to an URL.

Cons:

Our learners had to keep leaving the session and rejoining which was find, but we had to keep reminding them to do this. We archived a session by mistake and could not find a way to get it back again. Our error but it would be nice to be able to do this.

Thanks!

Germany
Used the Software for: Not provided

A great product for interactive training!

Comments: As a trainer in project management, I have tested VoxNote to make my training sessions more lively and exciting. The absolute advantage of VoxNote against its competitors is the PIN-code: 5 digits, no registration and the votting session starts...so simple for the audience! Regarding room for improvement, some stars are missing mainly because of a bit tiring and confusing man-machine interface ('update' is misleading and I often forget it before clicking "close"). Hint: something as user-friendly as Google's online forms would be great.

Pros:

- PIN-code for audience - large audience possible (<100) even for basic package

Cons:

- man-machine interface quite old-fashioned and not intuitive

7 years ago

Hi David, Thanks for your man-machine comments. We will continue to improve our platform.

Gerardo
MD in Spain
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A great tool to improve attention of your audience

Comments: As I previously said, it is a very powerful tool to get more attention and to get to know the opinions of your alumni.

Pros:

For me it is the best way to attract the attention of an audience or public, specially in Med school classes. It also helps teaching and should use it more often.

Cons:

The free version only gives you 10 sessions.... :(

2 years ago

Great to hear. As medical school you can apply for the educational free license

Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great interactive tool for lectures

Comments: Using in university lectures to make them more interactive - giving students choices over what we look at, reviewing what they have learnt, etc.

Pros:

It's simple to set up but with some complex ways of analysing data if you want to. Good range of different questions (choose from a list, multiple answers, free text). i really liked the way the results can be shared with others afterwards.

Cons:

None really. It's pretty good as a free tool to try it out.

Ethan
Owner/Operator in US
Wine & Spirits, 2–10 Employees

Great product!

Pros:

Very easy to use, self explanatory. Great for folks like me who are not as tech-savvy as others

Cons:

Nothing really - would like to have the capability to add maybe one slide for the free version to try it out.

6 years ago

Thanks Ethan, Slides are available only in the upgraded version.

Pia
lecturer in Ireland
E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

very pleased

Comments: Really engaging for students. However the sign in page asking students to vote is

Pros:

Really engaging for students. Several students have come up to me to ask if we can use it at the end of each class.

Cons:

pricey if using frequently. A friend told me about it. I think more advertising needed

5 years ago

Hi, Thanks for the review. Pricey when used frequently? You have the full free educational licence :-)

Aurelien
Professor in France
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

100% recommended

Pros:

The product is easy to use, so simple to connect

Cons:

Many difficult to have logo on phone live

last year