Fantastic

Matt C.
CTO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Justworks i sby far one of the best service providers that I've worked with across any discipline. The software is easy to use, the help is fantastic, and the support options (email, phone, or my favorite: Slack) are top notch. Whenever I have a question, whether about the software or about a specific payroll or benefits question, I hop on Slack and am able to chat with a representative within a couple of minutes. I've found them universally to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros: Justworks of course isn't just a software package, but the software itself is top notch. It's easy to use, a complete solution, and makes it easy to adminster our entire workforce quickly. If I had to pick the best attribute, it would be management of payroll. Prior to Justworks we had bounced around between a few different payroll providers, and the experience was subpar. With Justworks it's point and click, and I can walk away with confidence knowing that it will be done correctly.

Cons: I would like to see more training offerings built into the platform, for example a general training course for new managers, but I can't think of any other offerings that are lacking.

Justworks does what it says on the tin

Chris C.
Principal
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The team there is hyper responsive and knows their stuff. Onboarding was phenomenal, considering how complex an operation it is to onboard. They move you seamlessly from sales rep to onboarding rep to ongoing support rep, and you end up with a dedicated rep that knows your business. They handle compliance really well, and their Slack support is fantastic. It's great to have a resource I can tap for questions on compliance or policy, and the ThinkHR integration offers even more resources. My employees love OneMedical, Health Advocate, and Teledoc. Love love. Having a self-service onboarding process is really great and simplifies our onboarding dramatically. Using a PEO helps with having remote employees across the country. Much less to worry about around taxes and compliance there.

Pros: Justworks is a compelling PEO offering that brings a lot of advantages to helping manage a growing company. I'd run payroll myself for 15 years, so moving to a PEO that has my back is nice. Any consideration of moving to a PEO has to come with factoring cost savings around insurance products. Justworks represented a significant cost savings in my first year, but in the second year, our renewals still jumped 10%, which was frustrating. I was hoping we'd be more insulated to those sort of increases. From a payroll platform perspective, Justworks is really nice. It basically offers fully automated payroll, though there are some things that could be improved with how it integrates with time trackers, how it manages PTO requests, and some other nits to pick. They've done a great job of being responsive and adding functionality over the past year, and they're a tech-first company so I'm confident it'll just continue to improve.

Cons: There are a couple of limitations that are vexing, verging on boneheaded:
* PTO requests don't show remaining balance for the PTO plan
* Unpaid time off is a manual ordeal
* There's no mobile app, and the website isn't responsive. Not a huge dealbreaker, since I'm not doing too much payroll from my phone, but still
* No expense management or reimbursement scheduling. It's just a manual process.
* QBO integration is weak, but I've been promised it'll improve

Justworks review.

Maria grazia C.
HR and Finance Manager
Legal Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our reps. have been wonderful., easy tp reach, work hard to get our problems resolved in a short space of time. I have a million questions all the time am they are very patient and helpful. The reporting system needs work, the outside 401k need more integration and Wage works needs to be set up with better integration and more information. IT is impossible getting an answer to a question. Their serve needs to be updated wot link with yours.

Pros: I love the user-friendliness of this software. I love the panels and clarity of the pages, the dashboard and the size of the font and that I can see in the side panels a directory of what I can choose. When I can't find something, I can open these windows and usually find what I am looking for another lead to it. I like the breakdown of all fees and workers comp etc and I love that I can see itemized lists when I check the invoicing, where as ADP had a lump sum, hidden fees and no real list of costs. Justworks seems to be much more transparent

Cons: The 401K reporting is not informative enough to be consistent with my admin needs for our plan outside of Justworks.Generally the 401 Administration is not as user friendly and making changes to payroll and 401 deferrals has proven to be more complex and less user friendly. I was not able to adjust my colleagues 401 after she was placed on Paid Family Leave. ITR was more complicated and assistances was required as there was not a real way to know what was needed in order to set up this alternate payment while PFL was being utilized. Also the Wageworkers benefits system is also not integrated well. IT is a problem on their end. Their service has been really inconsistent, however JW helped us hand their inadequacies.

The New Age of HR Administration (or lack thereof)

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Liam M.
People Operations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: From the educational experience during the sales discovery process to the assistance and round-the-clock availability of our account manager, during onboarding and implementation, I was insanely impressed by the account management capabilities of such a young team. Every JustWorks email is like a small monthly birthday gift where more often than not, they're rolling out a new feature or enhancement, potentially even one you recommended to the Product Team! It's the exact type of engagement you would hope for out of a company focused on propelling the employee experience with a highly adoptable product that will continue to grow into a large presence in this space.

Pros: The ease of implementation and administration and as the title assumes, the lack of need of direct oversight of the process. New hires are able to very quickly and simply understand the navigation of the tool and streamline themselves through 90% of the pre-employment paperwork without need from the admin. Just a simple user interface that allows you to intuitively find anything you need in regard to your daily life as an employee and really person within your organization.

Cons: Just some slight growth areas needed in terms of integrations and partners for them. As a young company, they have a bit to go before they can really offer the capabilities of a company such as ADP but what they offer in replacement of those makes it all worth it.

So Happy I Made the Switch to JustWorks!

Shannon P.
Human Resources Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My team and I evaluated several PEO options before ultimately choosing to go with JustWorks. JustWorks was the most cost-effective, with the best benefit offerings for my employees, the most intuitive user interface and allowed me to have the most control of all of my employee's data.

Pros: The tool is extremely user-friendly. I did very limited training for my employees to learn how to use it because of the intuitive user-interface. The Customer Support team is fantastic! I can call up my Account Manager or quickly use the chat feature and I always get a quick and friendly response and a resolution to my question or issue.

Cons: The services may not be as comprehensive as other PEO systems, but my Account Manager is always quick to recommend a tool or service that would be compatible (example: applicant tracking system).

Justworks is a big time saver

Allison G.
HR Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Justworks has been a huge time saver for us. Onboarding and terminations are so much easier, payroll essentially runs itself, but perhaps the biggest perk is the great, affordable benefits we now have access to. In the end, even with the JW annual fees, we've saved a lot of money, and provided really great benefits to our employees.

Pros: The ease of onboarding has saved me countless hours.

Cons: I wish the PTO visibility was a bit easier for employees.

Easy Transistion

Meri W.
Architecture & Planning, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall my experience with Justworks has been very good. I transitioned from a large PEO that offered a lot more services than I needed and I was not really sure what I was paying at times. I have found Justworks offers everything I need to easily process payroll, including bonuses, and the health insurance program is actually better at least for my family than what I was getting in the past. There have been times when I needed help fixing things I did incorrectly or just special circumstances and the Justworks staff was very happy to help me out.

Pros: The Justworks product is pretty intuitive so makes it easy to use. My company is in the technology industry so I need a product that my staff can quickly tap into when needed but that doesn't require babysitting .

Cons: I don't like that the payroll reports download in a spreadsheet that I personally find less readable than I would like. I would prefer a simple report format that lists each person's' details similar to a check stub and then provides a summary. I am not a trained accountant or bookkeeper so I appreciate things being super simple.

Justworks Platform

Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Irina K.
VP of Finance
Investment Banking, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The breakdown of all fees and taxes is very transparent in the system which allows me to produce accurate reports for the management with minimal effort.
Great customer service allows to solve issues and get my questions answered without any wait time.

Pros: The software is very easy to use, the screens are very intuitive and user-friendly. The information presented in a very clean and efficient form, screens are easy to navigate and understand.
The platform offers a variety of services from payroll management, payroll compliance, training, HR tools, and benefit coverage at a very competitive price.

Cons: There are some reporting that has not been fully developed yet. It is definitely not a show stopper but a very nice and convent feature to have. Since I am a system administrator and act as a VP of Finance for the company I work for, collecting data for reporting purposes is not readily available and requires massaging data.

Wonderful tool for our small business.

Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Coleen B.
Controller/HR
Management Consulting, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

Pros: It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

Cons: Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

Incredible Admin and Employee Support

Christa K.
HR Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have found exemplary employees in all aspects of the process (sales, onboarding rep, account rep, HR support, accounting). I feel thankful every day that I have the support and guidance of Justworks to help navigate the complexities of payroll, benefits, and compliance.

Pros: The customer service is unmatched with some of the more well known brands. The website is very intuitive, and easy to use. If you do have a problem, or question, there is no ticket system where it takes forever to get a rep. You have a dedicated, accessible account manager who is your go to, and can also work with the 24/7 support team. Instead of every question going through you as an admin, their support team is very hands on and works with your employees as well.

Cons: There have been a few limitations on the PTO system that I have had to find workarounds to, though I believe this is going to be corrected in the next few months.

I use JustWorks everyday to keep track of all my HR needs. From payroll to 401K and tracking PTO.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Jessica O.
Manager of Human Capital
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love the ease of JustWorks platform. We used another PEO before switching to JustWorks and all reporting and features were third party integrations that never worked. JustWorks is a one stop shop and has updated access to anything and everything you may need. Their on-boarding process is detailed and customer focused and they even answered questions from my team about insurance concerns. They walked me through the transition step by step and were available immediately to answer any questions I had. I could go on for days about how much easier JustWorks has made my job!

Cons: Because JustWorks is so new, there are a few reports that they haven't implemented yet. We have a PTO accrual system that rolls over every year but maxes out at 96 hours (this changes based on goals) and JustWorks has no way to track this. Once a day is used, it can be recouped by working another month, encouraging employees to take time off. It's been difficult for me to try and track this and when asked about it, JustWorks said it's not something they have developed yet.

Best UI, best value for money, can upgrade their customer support

Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Hadar B.
VP HR
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm very happy with their platform, services and prices. Chose to renew our subscription for two years in a row. Others can't compete with their great pricing and their platform.

Pros: The information is very accessible, the look and feel is 21st century compares to others I've tried in the past. I can find anything I need about employees, payroll and more within 2 minutes max.

Cons: The customer support can be better. They are very pleasant but are not always on top of things when it comes to different states or open issues. I've had to follow up with our account manager on different issues and once actually insisted on getting a new rep due to a series problem they created for us.

Justworks is THE BEST!

Gini P.
HR Manager
Consumer Electronics, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Love love love Justworks! Their customer service is superb... every single person I’ve dealt with at their company has been professional, knowledgeable and so helpful!

Pros: We love Justworks! After working with a few other PEO’s, we can confidently say that Justworks is the best around! Their software is user friendly and simple and their customer service is top notch!

Cons: The only improvement I’d love is some sorta of notifications for calendar events- ie. Admins or managers get emails prior to a team members birthday, team anniversary, pto.

Great product, decent customer service

Jessica T.
VP, HR
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Sales team was very professional and informative. A few instances where we assumed something that wasn't the case, but they are very open to hearing suggestions and easy to get in touch with. If you need strong HR support, it might not be the best option, it seems that they have very "canned" responses when dealing with HR questions. But the overall system & ease of use is fantastic.

Pros: Very easy to use, great standardized reports

Cons: Nothing. It is very easy to use and great support.

JustWorks has been a lifesaver for our rapidly growing organization!

Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Alisha W.
Chief of Staff
Political Organization, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: They have been an incredible partner. Great customer service and tools that help their clients reach new heights.

Pros: We love the easy functionality of the website. The time tracking and time off features have been great in implementing consistent policies. We employ people in multiple states so the work they do to manage the unemployment accounts in each state’s has really been the backbone that has allowed our rapid growth.

Cons: No real complaints. I wish there was an app to use on my phone but understand the security concerns with that. I also wish is auto generated PTO balances and paid employees out automatically when they are terminated in the system.

Justworks Is Amazing

VICE PRESIDENT
Warehousing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: What I truly like is the clarity on what we are being charged. I also enjoy how easy it is to use.

Cons: The only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have time tracking abilities for hourly employees. We have to use an outside tracking software.

Worth its weight in gold!

Rachael H.
Director of Operations
E-Learning, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We switched to Justworks from a traditional payroll provider and have loved the experience. Justworks makes it easy to onboard employees all over the US and has exceptional customer service to help with any and all compliance and payroll questions. I get sales calls all the time from other PEOs and ignore every single one; we have no reason to leave and we're so glad we've made the switch!

Pros: Easy to use, the account reps are extremely quick to reply and helpful. There's always a real human a click of a button or a phone call away to answer questions. They've simplified our operations and made it much easier to manage a widely distributed remote team.

Cons: I'd love for the search function to be a little stronger—we have a ton of vendors and there's no way to search for them currently. It would also be great if this software had an org chart builder!

Switched from Trinet, and never looking back

Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Anna ruth W.
Founder + CEO
Public Relations & Communications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, it's benefitted employee engagement, increased efficiency and decreased costs. Basically, Justworks does what every HR software vendor claims to do, but very very few ever achieve.

Pros: The software UI/UX is lightyears ahead of stodgy, archaic software like Trinet. It's also modern and sleek, which makes my employees just feel good and more confident in using the system. It's so much easier to navigate and offers valuable, yet simple, features that amazingly - clunky systems like Trinet can't manage to code into their dashboards. For example, Justworks lets us direct deposit pay to contractors via the software (with Trinet we had to use a separate processing system like PayPal to pay contractors). It also includes a cool company calendar that employees can login to view upcoming holidays, paydays, etc. Finally, it makes requesting PTO seamless and actually fun for the end user. On top of it all - Justworks offers us cheaper insurance plans (which benefit's my team's pocket books) and is a fraction of the overall monthly fee.

Cons: It's really hard for me to find a con. The only one I can say is that they don't offer white-glove, concierge services to answer more "complex" HR questions. I've heard Justworks might be adding a professional services team to resolve this.

Justworks has been lifesaving

Sirius M.
Operations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall Experience has been great. Very easy program to use and to teach. We've had two account managers so far and they both have been AMAZING.

Pros: As both and admin and a user, the software's interface and functionality is very easy to use.

Cons: Invoices are not able to be converted to a pdf. That is something I'd like to see them improve.

Justworks Review

Lynne Z.
Law Practice, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Staff can enter their hours and request PTO, etc., through the portal.

Cons: It was set on an 8 hour day and some of our staff work 8 hours and others work 7.5 hours and that adjustment was hard to get Just Works to fix at times. Onboarding was good we thought until we found that a crucial piece regarding unemployment comp was not communicated to us.

Justworks Gives Me LIFE

Reviewed on 12/12/2016
Brianna M.
General Manager
Performing Arts, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've used Justworks for a little over a year now and I adore it. They are always super helpful over the phone and email. I send them as many referrals as I can! I love that I can manage tons of contractors and schedule payments very easily. Their profiles make it easy for my employees to manage their settings and keep up to date with payments.

Pros: Very beautiful, easy to use, serves the purpose very clearly. I love that it was very quick to learn and keeps getting better. If I ever have questions about insurance my account rep is amazingly quick to respond and always helpful.

Cons: There isn't anything bad I can say!

fabulous payroll software

Reviewed on 28/12/2018
K.l. N.
AVP - Human Resources
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: yes Justworks is one of the best payroll/HR tool for US companies of all sizes. without a doubt you will be amazed by the experience and the service they offer.

Pros: we moved our payroll software from a old vendor to Justworks 7 months back. trust that was the best decision we could have taken. Right from the day one of transition we experienced fabulous customer service. the software itself was pretty easy to use both for the Admin and the employee. their Customer success ensure everything is smooth for you in the early days. their 24/7 Customer services is great place to get issues addressed. any company with as low as 2 employees can avail their service. they treat every customer the same way.

Cons: they do not have a mobile app for employees to access the paystubs and others stuff. that is a drawback.

Puts all of my human resources needs onto one site.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Luke F.
BDR
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For a smaller company that doesn't necessarily need a full time human resources department this site is a no brainier. It keeps track of everything that an employee needs for their personal use.

Pros: Justworks is a super easy site to navigate. I am able to easily deal with any benefits that I am given by my company and start or cancel them when ever I want to. Having all my pay stubs in one place has also made it easy to keep track of my compensation.

Cons: There aren't many cons for Justworks for what I use it for. Maybe it can be a little bit easier to navigate but that is pretty nit-picky.

Amazing Platform

Sandy V.
Hr Manager
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use justworks for benefits, payroll, employee documentation with policies, EH, and other important notes and it has all been so easy to use and very reliable. I love that i can reach my rep immediately and if he is not in the office then someone else takes over and answers very quickly. It's great!

Pros: It is extremely easy to use. I love that I am able to store any important documentation and have it all in one place. I really love the payment tool, it is very easy to schedule, stop, add, view history when it comes to payments.

Cons: I wish there were more days in before payroll processing. Sometimes I need to make an adjustment or employees that use timecards don't know if they will do OT one day but they have to submit days before processing.

Easy to Use & Saves tons of time for a business owner!

Diana S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall very positive. Started with Justworks with my first hire and it made it a breeze, plan on continue using Justworks as company continues to grow.

Pros: Website interface is easy to use, streamlined.
I like the Quickbooks Online integration
I like the easy of comparing Health insurance and other benefits plans during selection and enrollment periods
Payroll & PTO calendar sync with Outlook is a small touch but is SUPER useful

Cons: I only docked one star because there isn't really an easy way to contact customer service by phone. Things are funneled to live chat or email first. However, live chat seems responsive and I've had only good customer service experiences.