15 years helping British businesses

QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.7 (6,807) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Time

Schedule jobs, coordinate teams, track time and track projects, all in one place.

Learn more about QuickBooks Time

Pros:

What I like most about this software is it makes all of your clock-in and clock-out times so easy to use and easy to find.

Cons:

Sometimes, my time clock can lag behind a few seconds or miss when I clock in/out due to slowness of the software.

QuickBooks Time ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.6

9.1/10

QuickBooks Time has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 6,807 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Time before?

Filter reviews (6,807)

Sayma
Sayma
IT Technician in UK
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Really easy invoices

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I was so new to time keeping and working out invoices but when I used QuickBooks the learning curve was really low and it saved me a lot of time.

Pros:

I used this tool as working freelance in my previous job. As someone who had no clue with invoices I found the app really easy to use and it helped me a lot with how to structure them. I like how you can use it on your phone too as an app.

Cons:

Nothing, I didn't have any issues. It was really straightforward.

Molly
President in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Time Tracking

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: For the price and if you need to only track employee time - this is a great product.

Pros:

Being able to see where employees are in real time. Links to QBO Payroll and QBO invoicing

Cons:

Lack of being able to customize. Limited features

Manager in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Customer service for Quick books time is horrible

2.0 last month New

Comments: It worked fine but it does now calculate the total pay like timesheets does. I switched to timesheets 3 months ago and like that I don't have to do separate calculations and MOST IMPORTANT I don't have to wait online for ever to get help. Quickbooks support sucks on all levels!!!!!!

Pros:

I have been using Quickbooks Time since it was T Sheets (Quickbooks bought out Tsheets) for about 8 years, I believe. It was a great product under T Sheets. Customer support was wonderful, but when it was taken over by Intuit, customer service tanked.

Cons:

It was horrible to set up a new employee. Unbelievably complicated to make it work, and you could not get a support person without waiting on the phone forever!

mbuso
mbuso
Manager in Zimbabwe
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Efficient and user friendly

Comments: Overall, my encounter with QuickBooks Online has been highly favorable. The pricing is equitable. The system boasts remarkable capabilities, ensuring our financial affairs remain well-organized.

Pros:

Affordability and user-friendliness are key factors. QuickBooks offers comprehensive features essential for our small business operations, and its cost is lower compared to competitors, even when considering just payroll functionalities.

Cons:

We encounter numerous unused features that clutter our navigation experience within the program, causing inconvenience and hindering smooth operation.

Toshia
Beauty advisor in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Best accounting software hands down

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love using this,my business, my life would be a complete mess without it.

Pros:

I love this application is so easy to use and if you can't figure it out there is help always available.

Cons:

I haven't found a way to change the pictures yet in the program.

Heidi
Office Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Easy, compact, and robust time management system

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This software contains alot of time tracking tools, job site assignments, etc and is not limited to being an on-site entry only software system, but can be completed by employees across the globe. Functionality is great and varied to suit different purposes as needed.

Pros:

The fixability of use for employees across the world. Having multiple types of payroll options (salary, hourly, contract, etc) Ease of integrating reports into other software platforms.

Cons:

Not able to add or create a more custom tracking capability based on client/job site.

Teresa
Health, Wellness, and Fitness in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

I love the functions

5.0 last week New

Comments: I love QuickBooks the functions were great. It's easy to use. It only took me one afternoon to learn how to use it. And it was expensive.

Pros:

The functions,easy to use, and secure. It was not expensive at all

Cons:

Very organized, the functions were great. Very secure and it was so easy to use

Kelli
Office Manager in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Ease Of Using Quickbooks

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say about Quickbooks Time, it makes payroll, tracking, invoicing, etc go very smoothly which helps make my day go smoothly.

Pros:

Quickbooks is the most easiest program i have ever used. I can see when employees clock in & out, how much vacation time, PTO time, sick days, etc each employee has used or has coming which makes doing payroll even easier. It also helps me to keep track of what jobs employees have finished or not finished & how much time it took them at each job, i can send out customer invoices & keep track of each customer & what they had done with just a few clicks. Its a wonderful, easy to use program.

Cons:

Theres really nothing that i dislike or have cons about with using Quickbooks, it makes payroll, tracking & everything else run smoothly & gives me time to take care of other things in the office.

Clifton
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Essential Tool for efficient business scheduling

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with QuickBooks Time has been fantastic. It's incredibly user-friendly, integrates seamlessly with other tools, and makes scheduling and time tracking a breeze. The mobile app and real-time updates are especially useful, making it an indispensable part of my business operations.

Pros:

I've been using QuickBooks Time in my business for scheduling, and it's been a game-changer. The interface is user-friendly and easy for everyone to use. I love the accurate time tracking and how well it integrates with other QuickBooks products. The mobile app is great for managing things on the go, and the geofencing feature ensures everyone clocks in and out at the right location. The customizable reports are super helpful for making informed business decisions. Overall, it's an essential tool for keeping everything organized and running smoothly.

Cons:

if I had to mention one minor downside, it would be that the occasional app update requires a quick restart. however, this is so trivial compared to all the benefits it provides.

Investment Management, Self Employed

Customer service in QuickBooks Time

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The customer service is excellent, providing personalized tutorials based on your needs. I have spoken with various onboarding specialists, and each one has been outstanding.

Cons:

Manually adding payroll mapping for each new employee is unreasonable; it should be more seamless, especially since it syncs with QuickBooks.

Shelly
Vice President in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Set Up Made Easy

Comments: Tsheets has helped me manage my employees schedules, track their time, integrate with quickbooks payroll. This way I don't have to spend time looking at a different time system, printing the pdf document and then entering in the employees time into quickbooks to pay the employee. Also our company always has some employee that "forgot" to punch in or out and I was always having to fix it for them. Tsheets gives me the ability to have them fix it themselves or have another manager edit the time. The app is very user friendly and it seems to work well for my company.

Pros:

The best thing about Tsheets for me is that I can use it with my quickbooks payroll and my employees can track their time and manage their missed clock in & outs themselves. This has really saved me some time during my day to give my employees some responsibility for their timesheets.

Cons:

There is not much I don't like but if I have to pick one it would be the price. I am on the advanced level of quickbooks and use payroll also, and for the price I pay for that I think tsheets should be included as part of my subscription because they work so well together.

Tad
Office Manager/Estimator in US

Solid Platform Excellent Customer Service

Comments: TSheets has been a excellent tool that has provided us with metrics that are invaluable. The customer service has always been very responsive and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Ease of use. Ability to track jobs, tasks and employee location and hours. We are able to run several useful reports on jobs or employees. For any given day you can find out where your employee is as well as what he was doing specifically. The employee can also add notes to their time card.

Cons:

There really aren't many cons. If Tsheets offered a foreman's daily report function , that would be great.

Stuart
Finance Director in UK
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Great product

Comments: Only having one add on to QBO to do Time, Mileage and Expenses tracking/submission would be great. Flexibility and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros:

Syncing employees and vendors who are subcontractors with QuickBooks Online.

Cons:

Expenses and Mileage tracking using GPS would be great (you're part way there with the GPS for employees). So what I like least is not having these fully developed. Note your link to Expensify Integration "Learn more" in the add on section refers to this page: http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/890430 that does not load so I have no idea how it works. Can you please advise how this works.

Hugo
Owner in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Times by Hugo Orlando

Comments: QuickBooks time is an easy and efficient way to track and do everything that you need to be done and with the timing sheets and make sure everything's on you know basically finished and everything's precisely you have never had a problem with that I have actually to have good prices they're really good and their customer service is great people should try this

Pros:

Basically what I like the most about QuickBooks time is that they are precise there's nothing that I need to fix or try to intend to make it better or not it just comes out the way it's supposed to be it's awesome I don't have to deal with any problems I could call customer service at any time and be able to get my get anything fixed that it needs to be fixed so I give them a big thumbs up you should try it out

Cons:

I'm sorry the only thing I can say is good things about QuickBooks time there's really nothing bad that's with it so that's my thing and there's nothing really bad enough the way it is

Mfundo
Fashion Designer in South Africa
Design, 11–50 Employees

The Best Product to use

Comments: Prioritized assistance, the technology is every much awesome and to how things have changed now compare to how they were before it really helps the technology improves and each and everyday and that is wonderful for us

Pros:

Me and my business partner have been using QuickBooks Time for almost 2 to 3 years now and it makes things very easy when it comes to our employees that have been working with us since we started our small business quick book is something we thought could not work but it actually did help us so much in each and everything when it comes to our employees scheduling

Cons:

For the past 3 years we been using quick book have really did help us to our business has brought some much changes when it comes to our employees and i have recommended to other businesses and they are very happy for using it.

Bruce
DIRECTOR in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

QuickBooks Review

Comments: I discovered that the program was simple to use and efficient in handling their finances. As a small business owner, I came across Quickbooks Online and learned how simple it is to create and send professional invoices, keep tabs on spending, and generate reports to help with financial decision-making.I placed a lot of weight on the software's user-friendly interface and ability to integrate with other tools, including payroll systems or payment processors. The ease of using the software from any location with an internet connection may appeal to users.

Pros:

Everything you need is conveniently located in Quickbooks Online, which is incredibly simple to use. It maintains the seamless operation of the firm finances. The invoicing, asset and cost management, report generation, and other functions are all very straightforward to use, locate, and link.

Cons:

Although Quickbooks Online has a number of strong features, the pricing model may be problematic. Particularly for small firms or startups with limited resources, the subscription fees can add up quickly. Furthermore, several complex features are exclusive to higher-tier subscriptions, which may restrict their usefulness for users of lower-tier plans. If there were more economical choices or a flexible price structure to accommodate businesses of all sizes, that would be excellent.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

works for employees but not for contractors

Comments: BAD! RUN! HIDE! Find some other software that works with QB Time. You'll save yourself alot of time dealing with glitches and customer service teams that can't help you. Not all of them are bad - 1 in 8 are probably really good. I just spent SO MUCH TIME and even wrote to all the executives, and none of them were able to help me - they just assigned someone that said she'd call back today, then it turned into tomorrow, then it was ghosting. Never heard from her again.

Pros:

works for employee payments, they will pay the taxes if you input the tax id numbers for each state

Cons:

doesn't work for contractors - i spent an entire month, 4 hours per day, dealing with problems with contractors. i finally started researching it myself (we purchased the most elite payroll and qbo advanced so we could get the best customer service) and it turns out it was a known issue since 2019. it's 2024 now. if they weren't going to fix it, they need to stop selling it. we spent so much time trying to get it to work, looking like idiots to our contractors, and wasting precious time we could have been using building the business. the system needs to work or go home. don't sell something that's broken.

Package/Freight Delivery, 11–50 Employees

definitely not Simple and accurate as advertised

Comments: I really took a leap of faith on this product because of what my businesses associates warned me about. I think that quickbooks Time is just not for certain businesses. Especially for smaller businesses with budget conscious projects that have to check time management to ensure I don't go over the payroll allotment for specific projects.

Pros:

I was really excited about all of the features this product had to offer. I mean so MANY features but I was very intrigued by the possibility of me being able to utilize this as my one stop shop for scheduling/time tracking/PTO, sick leave management/project time. This seemed like a way I could closely monitor productivity to better stay in budget for projects. I was very thankful for the incredible customer service QuickBooks provided, I was able to come to the realization that this product probably was the best for the company with their truthful, honest assistance.

Cons:

I really dislike the amount of redundant features advertised as individual separate features. It was frustrating to say the least. There also were quite a bit of times that I had problems with scheduling and features that work in real time. I know QuickBooks Time is advertised as being "simple and accurate" but it was far from that.

kim
CEO in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Time

Comments: Overall experience is positive and we have no plans to leave Time or any of the QuickBooks products that we use.

Pros:

We adopted it in April 2023 and there was a learning curve but once we got over the curve, it has worked well and is more efficient than GetHarvest which is what we were using. The ease of putting in time is a plus, it is pretty intuitive to use and the integration with QuickBooks Payroll is great.

Cons:

Adopting the program is challenging as although it is a Quickbooks product, it is very clear that the customer service reps when you call Time don't know much at all about QuickBooks and the QuickBooks team doesn't know Time. One of our primary reasons for adopting Time was the ability to export the Time directly into QuickBooks for easier invoicing but it was and continues to be challenging to troubleshoot issues as they are not appropriately cross trained.

Alex
Operations Manager in US

Formerly T-Sheets, Now Crashing and Burning

Comments: It is our Number 1 company priority right now to identify and fully migrate onto a different, fully-functioning time tracking app that offers customer support.

Pros:

When we started the Time app it was privately owned TSheets. We used it for several years without a problem of any sort, specifically benefitting from the geofencing and seamless integration into Quickbooks Desktop. Scheduling employees and giving them total control of their own time clock while maintaining good oversight was a major positive, and the user interface was very intuitive in an industry where people are notoriously not computer savvy. TSheets had it all.

Cons:

We are in the process of migrating off of Quickbooks Time. After striving for 9 months to fix all of the holes in the app we've realized that glitches and problems are occurring at a quicker pace than we are able to solve them. AUTHENTICATION NIGHTMARES Several Months ago Intuit took over the user login tool without any notice, causing approximately 50% of our 42 employees to be suddenly locked out of their time app. We learned about it at 6am when simultaneously 20 employees contacted management with Time app problems. After a couple of weeks of intensive daily support (and no help from the Time support center) we managed to put MOST of the login issues to bed, but to this day we still have accounts logging out of their mobile app automatically every day. POOR SUPPORT If you're having a technical issue, or God forbid a syncing issue with Quickbooks, grab a beer and kick back because you'll be on the phone for a couple of hours, and likely re-routed to (I kid you not) 7-8 different departments before finally having your call dropped. And no, you may give them a call-back number but they will not call you back when your call is dropped. CLOCKS EMPLOYEES OUT ON ITS OWN/DELETES TIME LOGS Quickbooks Time automatically clocks our employees out, deletes time logs, and at the end of a shift when they go to clock out, shows that they never clocked in for the day. Several employees have reported "I went to clock out and all it shows I clocked in for the day was my lunch break."

Manmohan
Manager in India
Graphic Design, 501–1,000 Employees

Efficient Time Management with QuickBooks Time

Comments: QuickBooks Time is a cloud-based software that offers a comprehensive solution for businesses in the UK to manage their employee's time effectively. The software's intuitive interface, seamless integration with QuickBooks Online, and flexible pricing plan make it an ideal tool for small to medium-sized businesses.One of the most significant advantages of QuickBooks Time is its ease of use. The software's interface is user-friendly, allowing businesses to manage their employee's work hours, assign tasks, and track time with ease. The software also generates detailed reports that provide businesses with critical insights into their employee's working patterns, enabling them to make informed decisions about scheduling and resource allocation.Another advantage of QuickBooks Time is its affordability. The software offers a flexible pricing plan that can be customized to suit different business needs. This means that businesses can choose the features that are most relevant to their operations, making it a cost-effective solution for managing their employee's time.Moreover, QuickBooks Time offers a mobile app that allows employees to track their time on the go, making it an ideal tool for businesses with remote or mobile workers. The app syncs with the software's cloud-based platform, ensuring that all data is up-to-date and accurate.However, the software's customization options are somewhat limited, and some users have reported glitches or bugs when using the mobile app. A

Pros:

1. User-Friendly Interface: QuickBooks Time has an intuitive interface that is easy to use, even for those who have no prior experience with time-tracking software. This makes it easy for businesses to adopt and implement the software without any significant disruption to their operations.2. Accurate Time Tracking: The software offers accurate time tracking features that allow businesses to monitor their employee's working hours in real time. This feature ensures that businesses can manage their resources effectively and prevent unnecessary overtime payments.3. Customizable Pricing Plans: QuickBooks Time offers customizable pricing plans that allow businesses to choose the features that are most relevant to their operations. This flexibility means that businesses can save money by only paying for the features they need, making it a cost-effective solution for managing their employee's time.

Cons:

1. Limited customization options: Some users have found that the software's customization options are somewhat limited, especially when it comes to modifying certain aspects of the interface or reports. This can be frustrating for businesses that want more control over how their data is presented or organized.2. Mobile app glitches: While the mobile app is a convenient feature, some users have reported experiencing glitches or bugs when using it. This can cause delays or errors in tracking time, which can be problematic for businesses that rely on accurate time management.3. Customer support: A few users have mentioned that they had difficulty getting timely or helpful customer support when they encountered technical issues or had questions about the software's features. While this may not be a widespread issue, it's something to keep in mind for businesses that prioritize strong customer service.

Stacia
Office Manager/HR/Finance in US

Tracking Time & Projects with TSheets

Comments: We just completed our first round of invoicing since using TSheets company wide and find that the project break down reporting have made the switch from another time clocking app to TSheets completely worth the transition. We look forward to further customizing and using TSheets for our company that best suit our needs.

Pros:

So far we really like the project reporting and are looking forward to start using TSheets to help automatic invoicing in Quickbooks. I am in the office use the time clocking features from my computer and find it very easy to use. Of course bugs come with any new program you use whether on your end or the developers. The great thing about TSheets is the customer support - I have yet to have a bad experience and have made multiple phone calls or chat discussions.

Cons:

So far the one glitch we wish was easier is adding Breaks. It would be super helpful to be able to add or edit your break time from the time sheet editor box. Customer support has acknowledged this and say they also run into this issue.

Connie
Manager in Canada
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Support and Service

Comments: I was attempting to set up an automated break for all staff that would occur for 30 minutes in each five hour work period. I could not get it to work so emailed my request. Customer service representative sent me an email and asked me some questions. He then followed up with me the next day, but I was not available to take his call. When I called back, I had the best, professionally customer service experience. From the person that initially answered the phone, through to the complete conversation with Customer service representative, exceptional service; when on hold while attempting to connect me with David, the person came back after one minute to apologize for leaving me on hold and let me know she was still trying to connect with David; stopped anytime I spoke and listened to what I had to say without interrupting and so on. Customer service representative reviewed my requirements and advised, he would speak to the techs and see what they could do for us. It has been a long time since I experience this amazing customer service. By the very next day the automated breaks worked perfectly. When I spoke to my associates, they commented that they were also very impressed with the customer service and sincere interest in resolving their issues in a timely manner, anytime they called.

Pros:

Anytime we have come up against something that was not working correctly or hoped to have customized for our company, the Tsheets team was able to accommodate it, usually within a day. Amazing customer care! The Tsheets system makes hourly tracking so easy and you can quickly determine where the staff were during the day and when they logged out.

Cons:

Only thing is that GPS does not track the arrival time since cannot start until person logs into Tsheets. Staff that are late say they forgot to log in. It would be good to have an option so we could track as per the scheduled start time for each employee, of course, this would only apply to the staff that have company cell phones or for anyone that is compensated for the data that is required to leave their location services on.

Tom
IT in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Price Increase???

Comments: In the beginning it was good. It did what we needed and the service was great. Then they got rid of their great service staff and increased their prices by double and it got more glitchy over time, not better. Too bad. lots of potential here. And for such a big company like Intuit to purchase TSheets and then cut back on quality and service and increase prices seems like an indication of their business practices. shame :(

Pros:

At the beginning we had an account manager who was super helpful and did everything she could to get the software to how we needed it. We like how it works with QB and it has the functions we needed.

Cons:

It would randomly clock employees out for no reason. When an employee would clock out, sometimes it would keep them clocked in. We had an amazing account manager, then with no heads up, i emailed her one day and got a returned email. I called them and they told me she no longer works for the company. I asked who my new account manager was and they said they no longer provide one and that i have to go through their chat system. It made troubleshooting and customizing impossible. We got an email the other day stating that they are increasing their prices by double. We were paying a $20 base fee and $5 per user. Now its going to be $30 base fee and $10 per user. WTH! Its barley worth the $5 per user. You also have to pay extra for a lot of the add ons. This is why we're leaving this system. It feels like once they have you hooked, they keep adding costs. That or they are going to dissolve TSheets and integrate something into QB then charge a premium. That sounds more like something they'd do.

Dana
Vice President/CFO in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

OMG! Customer Support is AWESOME!

Comments: Overall, I give them a 5 stars... Their customer service, GPS Tracking of employees and mobile time entry plus ease of use by employees and the admin staff are an valuable asset to my business!

Pros:

This software is perfect for our on the go team. We can track our technicians, make notes of those extras that always pop up and it is essential for our time and material projects! It is easy for our employees to use on site and even works in different time zones. Can't say enough about this ap. Best off, they have the absolute BEST customer service! Always upbeat and they know their stuff. Rep helped me today get out of a self created jam :-).

Cons:

Reports are definitely a down side... They are full of graphs that are confusing rather than informational. But the main payroll report and approval reports work great that you work with all the time work fine. Just gets a little stressful when pulling up project/customer totals over different time frames....