15 years helping British businesses

About Motivosity

The people-first Recognition and Rewards solution for today’s workforce building a connected and positive culture!

Learn more about Motivosity

Pros:

I like that Motivosity is integrated with our systems and is easy to find an employee, view their profile and recognize them for their contributions.

Cons:

Uploading videos are difficult, there is no shortcut to previous posts etc.

Motivosity ratings

4.8
4.7
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Motivosity has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 1,053 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Motivosity before?

Filter reviews (1,053)

Susan
Susan
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Overall Love it!

Comments: Excellent! We are working on obtaining greater executive team adoption to make our team's experience with the platform even more useful.

Pros:

Ease of use, ability to give recognition and rewards to team

Cons:

while performance and 1:1s are useful, we wish the product also offered performance reviews

Rachel
Executive Assistant in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Motivosity - Great for corporate culture!

Comments: We love Motivosity here. As a company who's employees are constantly on the move, traveling, at jobsites, etc., it allows us to stay connected and show our appreciation to one another even when we're not able to be face-to-face.

Pros:

I love the interaction it allows especially in a bigger company, spread across multiple office locations and states. It allows us all to stay connected and see the good work those within the company are doing, even from a different location. I love the recognition it provides.

Cons:

There is not much I "least like" about Motivosity. I wish there was some more/deeper training on some of the features so I could better facilitate implementation of all the great features it offers.

Claudia
Sr. HR Generalist in US

Motivosity Platform

Comments: LANDESK software has been using the Motivosity platform for employee recognition for roughly 2 years. We have gotten good feedback from our employees about the ease of the site itself. The reporting tools can be a bit clunky, however, the response time from the Motivosity support team is excellent to working through the issues. Additionally, Motivosity has been open to taking our suggestions for changes to fit our company culture and for the most part have been able to make the adjustments to match our needs. If your company does not currently have a recognition tool, I would recommend taking a look at Motivosity.

Michele
Executive Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

In my opinion the best Employee Recognition platform on the market!

Comments: WONDERFUL! Our employees love it, and the feature of having the physical reloadable card is amazing!

Pros:

Our Rep. [sensitive content hidden] is always keeping me up to date with new features and is helpful when I have questions or issues arrise.

Cons:

The new funding process has been difficult. Even with a rule to deposit more funds when we hit the 1k mark, the 5-6 business days for it to post to our account is frustrating to say the least.

Suzanne
Operations Manager in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

I Wish We Could Have Kept Motivosity

Comments: Overall - I LOVE the product - the customer support was very good and it was so easy to use and implement. And the regular staff really enjoyed it.

Pros:

It was great to have a recognition program for the regular staff to see the workers be rewarded and not just the senior staff get bonuses. It was easy to use - the insights were really helpful - but senior management just didn't see the value.

Cons:

For us being in Canada - the cost was just too high - as it always comes down to money - that's why senior management decided to not renew. And we also lost the ability to use the ThanksMatters Card which sucked.

Parker
VP Sales and Success in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Motivosity Delivers

Comments: Has been great, I find myself using it during 1:1s and to recognize my team.

Pros:

The award option. Makes it easy to ensure people who should be recognized are for their hard work.

Cons:

The system for goals is very basic to the point that it doesn't make sense to even use. Example: You can only select goals by percentage complete as opposed to quota attainment or other options.

Heather
Director of Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Drive Marketing Review

Comments: Motivosity has made such a positive impact on our team. It is well used and serves to provide peer-to-peer and manager-to-employee recognition in a way that feels good and is manageable for all users.

Pros:

I really love the ease of the platform, it has a clean layout and makes things simple and purposeful. I really love that it is real-time recognition and that it makes a big impact on our team. It is user friend and not complex which encourages the team to use the platform.

Cons:

I cannot think of any that I dislike, I have been very happy with integrating Motivosity into the culture of our company.

Jenny
Director of Services Delivery in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for peer and manager feedback

Pros:

Simple UI. Integrates with Slack and other communication tools. Tie to monetary reward increases engagement with the tool, encourages participation and sharing of feedback. Areas of interest is fun for the team. Reports are useful.

Cons:

The budget tracking is bit confusing, but is manageable with our small team. The org chart function is laid out horizontally vs the more common vertical format, which is annoying but still functional.

KAREN
Human Resources Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for implementing employee recognition and rewards!

Comments: Overall experience has been quite simple and fun to set up and use. Feedback and utilization by employees has been outstanding.

Pros:

The ease of use was outstanding for end users and administrators.

Cons:

Could use better functionality on posting multiple photos as Highlights, sometimes it is unclear when you can scroll drop down menus.

Thiopia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool

Pros:

I love the opportunity to publically recognize each other and the impact we have across the organization.

Cons:

I think the mobile web interface could be better. It freezes and limits some features

Craig
HR Business Partner in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Motivosity - An Indispensable Tool for Next-Gen Culture

Comments: We started using Motivosity as a replacement for our previous employee recognition program (which consisted of hand written notes available for employees to fill out at the front desk). Motivosity is far and away the best tool we've used to increase employee engagement. It has changed the way we work in a few different ways: it helps employees recognize and reward each other for help given; connects like-minded individuals throughout the company in things that interest them; helps managers keep track of important dates on their teams (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.); acts as a searchable company directory, not only for names and contact info but for skills and job responsibilities; gives managers insights into how their employees personalities affect their working relationships; and the list goes on and on.
One of the biggest benefits we've seen is the cultural inclusion of our remote and international employees. It really shrinks our corporate world so employees across the world feel like they're in the same building.
Recently departments besides HR have been using Motivosity to facilitate company-wide rewards for participation in software testing, marketing feedback, and more. Motivosity is a very easy way to incentivize employee participation in those projects.
New features are being added all the time, so the software's value keeps increasing while we use it.
Most importantly, Motivosity is actually used by our employees. A lot. Their interest hasn't fizzled over time, even without constant reminders or initiatives to increase usage. Once Motivosity got going it was self-perpetuating.

Pros:

Setup and maintenance is a breeze. We typically have one administrator look things over about once a week, and tools like mass importing and exporting of users and API integration options keep everything up to date. Motivosity also adapts to varying budget constraints. You can spend as much or as little as you want to administer your recognitions and awards. Motivosity seems so simple of a tool for the amount of benefits it offers.

Cons:

Since Motivosity is relatively new as a product, there are some features that would be nice to have, but aren't available yet. Luckily, since it is so new, the product teams are very responsive to requests for features.

Kathy
Teacher in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Boosts Positive Atmosphere Without The Obnoxious Emails

Comments: Our school started using Motivosity to increase morale among the staff. I definitely think that that was accomplished within the population that was active. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. I felt very appreciated because I would get recognized for little things that I don't usually get recognized for because it's behind-the-scenes and it made me feel seen by my coworkers who just didn't know. I also think it was a great experience for me because it helped me reach out more to my coworkers and actually allowed me to thank them properly for what they do. It allowed me to help increase the positive atmoshpere in my environment.

Pros:

I liked that it was a platform where you could thank and recognize your coworkers without worrying about being obnoxious. I always want to recognize people for every little thing (because the little things matter) but I worry about flooding others' email boxes. With Motivosity, I am able to do that because other people don't see it until they log on. They don't get constant messages of me recognizing my coworkers, but they also get to see that my coworkers were recognized when they log on and can then acknowledge it themselves. And when I am posting a lot and feel like I am being a little obnoxious, I also have the option to make my posts private as well. This was also a great place to posts little wins and highlights of my own classroom as well. Little things happen on campus every day and should be shared, but as I said before, we worry about flooded emails. This was a great place to collect all those highlights and catch up on anything missed whenever you logged on, whether it was daily, weekly, etc. I also liked the competition aspect of it. The points associated with the software was a great motivator for me personally, not so much competing with my coworkers, but reminding myself to take time out to appreciate my coworkers whenever I could.

Cons:

The only thing that I had an issue with in the beginning was that you could not post a photo on the mobile app. They have since added that feature, so I am pretty content with the software.

Jason
Director Customer Support in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Motivosity Believer!

Comments: Overall, I love that our organization has chosen to partner with Motivosity. I believe it has improved teamwork and cohesiveness. People love receiving praise, and it helps for checking the pulse of our people and documenting day to day interactions. Would highly recommend it!

Pros:

I love Motivosity and how it encourages teamwork, collaboration and abundantly recognizing those that contribute. I use it nearly every day for praising teammates, acknowledging top performers for the month, checking profiles to get to know people, 1x1 feedback, and reviewing survey data. It is a fantastic program that adds a lot of value to our organization.

Cons:

The 1x1 note section could be easier to navigate. Following up from a previous meeting with a coworker, the notes are not easy to get to in order to follow through with commitments. I have to go back and copy and paste those details from the previous meeting and would prefer a way to quickly see last week's notes. Formatting has been a little challenging for whatever reason. It wouldn't save some notes I typed a couple of times, and bullet points were just added. That made organizing my notes difficult, but improvements have been made recently.

3 years ago

Hi Jason, thank you so much for your feedback! As you've said, we're constantly trying to improve our platform, so your ideas and experience is so valuable to us. But glad your experience with Motivosity has been so positive overall!

Sr Analytics Director in US

Motivosity Uplifts our Team Members

Comments: It is hard to think of many cons for Motivosity. The product does exactly what is says and our team members love it. We use it to recognize each other's great work, conduct employee satisfaction surveys, give awards, and share fun details about our lives outside of work so that we can get to know each other better.

Pros:

Motivosity is an amazing way for team members to recognize each other and say thank you for great work. It never fails to brighten someone's day when they receive a kind message and a small bonus from a team member. It increases the thankfulness of our team members and boosts morale. The ability to spend your Motivosity dollars on a wife variety of gift cards or charitable donations is another awesome feature that team members enjoy.

Cons:

A few of the features included in Motivosity do not seem particularly useful. For example, I've used the product for years and have never really understood why it has a leaderboard. But this doesn't negatively impact the user experience.

3 years ago

Hi Chris and thank you so much for your review and feedback! We're all about high morale and and positive company culture over here, so we're ecstatic that you've seen those benefits in your workplace while using our platform :)

Melissa
Client Services Supervisor in US
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Helping HeathEquity!

Comments: Motivosity provides the platform of advocating for great service or as we say at HealthEquity, "Purple Service"! It's a great opportunity to interact and acknowledge team members not within your immediate department on a company wide level. THANK YOU Motivosity!

Pros:

Motivosity has been heaven sent to connect a large company is a small and intimate way! I love that it is extremely user friendly and easy on the eye! I'm so glad HealthEquity has utilized this software because it is multi-functional. A hidden gem as been that I use it as a hidden company directory. Based on how an employee lists their job function you can use the search field to locate someone in that department you may not previously have known. In the remote environment over the last year it has been a great way to 'see' and acknowledge co-workers instead of a general email. As a leader, recognition is a huge part of morale and overall employee engagement to me.

Cons:

No cons honestly, I have experienced nothing but a positive experience with each feature it presents!

3 years ago

Hi Melissa and thank you so much for so many kind words! We're thrilled that you love Motivosity as much as we do, and that it's been such a positive force for good in your company's communication, connectivity, and overall culture

Nathan
Administrative Assistant in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Happy Motivosity Customer!

Comments: Nothing but great things to say about Motivosity. We hope to continue our relationship with Motivosity for years to come.

Pros:

As I mentioned previously, Motivosity has been great at building team morale throughout the entire office. Employees can give each other motivosity bucks when they help one another out with a patient or daily task. Managers can give extra bucks to employees they see doing a good job. We have weekly activity/ awards for games we hold throughout the week! Employees LOVE it!

Cons:

This is pretty nit picky, but I think it is easier to use on a computer than smart phone. The app is good, but I think our office prefers using the platform on computer over phones.

Christine
Corporate Admin Assistant in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Motivosity and Employee engagement

Comments: Motivosity gives us each a boost when we are recognized for our efforts. I like knowing that I made a difference for someone else to make their job easier, or more enjoyable- Motivosity provides the platform to do just that. Our company has had a rise in employee engagement, during this pandemic, where other companies are falling apart. I believe Motivosity has helped to keep us all connected and aware of other's accomplishments- even with most working from home. We use the platform regularly to provide opportunities for all to participate in company wide events. I love Motivosity!

Pros:

Being able to recognize your peers for things others may not notice. Being recognized myself so I know my actions made a difference to someone. I like the ease of using the Motivosity money- a couple clicks and you've redeemed your money. I love the profiles employees set up- it lets us know their interests, outside of work-more on a personal level. I also like how it tells us who else in the company is most like us- interesting...

Cons:

We have had a couple of missed Anniversaries that weren't acknowledged on the platform- not sure if internal issue or Motivosity. Can't think of anything I don't like.

3 years ago

Christine, thank you so much for your review. We love to hear about the experience our clients are having with Motivosity, and we're so glad you guys are loving it as much as we do!

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Creative, fun tool for showing appreciation to your coworkers!

Comments: Overall, this is a really sound product. It offers just enough customization and is really easy to use. I recommend motivosity to a lot of employers I interact with.

Pros:

I really enjoy the ability to show appreciation to a coworkers via motivosity. I love that I can make my appreciation public or private. I like how I can link the appreciation to a specific company value. I think the monthly and yearly leaderboard is a fun feature. Also like that I can thank a group of people simultaneously.

Cons:

I would like to have some core teams created in motivosity. For example the business development team - I could have them preloaded into my motivosity account and then pull them up as a group rather than pulling them in one by one. Additionally, the leaderboard seems to lag when it updates fairly significantly (that feels like something they could easily fix internally).

Ashley
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

The software that keeps giving!

Comments: Overall, we could not ask for a better experience. The interactions with anyone at Motivosity is extremely welcoming, our rep makes us feel as though we are his only client and always looks to connect to us a individual people, not just a company or client.

Pros:

Motivosity is a platform that our staff uses daily. We have embedded many features such as employee recognition, employee engagement, mid & annual reviews, monthly coaching sessions, and birthday/anniversary celebrations. We love that we can house many items into a single site.

Cons:

At this time, there is not any thing that we like least about the platform.

Director of Operations in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Easy to set up and adopt

Pros:

The idea of being able to recognize a co-worker's contribution with a small monetary token is so simple, everyone picks up on it instantly. As an employee accumulates funds, they can simply use a debit card to access the funds. No points to convert, odd catalogs to make "purchases" from, and the employee gets to spend the funds on what they want.

Cons:

Annual cost is quite stiff for a medium sized firm. After seven years' use, we will be reevaluating Motivosity in our next total compensation review.

Buck
President, SBA Division in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Gratitude simplified!

Comments: One of the cheapest ways to motivate and empower employees is to say thank you. Too often we grateful to someone, but fail to actually express the gratitude. With Motivosity, it is easy to express thankfulness. The features of Motivosity allow for the user to quickly find the person they want to thank and then within 30-60 seconds can type up a quick thank you. It can be as simple as a "thank you for being you" or as elaborate as you want it to be. The system allows for people to be involved at the degree they feel comfortable and not forced to fill out a long form or make their gratitude fit in to someone else's format. Additionally, we've used Motivosity to create fun games within our institution, with March Madness, we implemented a bracket system with departments that recognized and encouraged our people to complete their profiles, look at other people's profiles, to read the notes sent and to send recognition to other folks. This got everyone involved and allows us to realize shared interest in people who may not be geographically located near us. This has increased the "human" aspect of our jobs and formed connections between people and departments, which leads to greater respect and collaboration. I've really enjoyed the simplistic nature of Motivosity and look forward to seeing how the program evolves going forward.

Pros:

simple, easy to use. Allows for 360 degrees of recognition, meaning that not only leaders recognizing reports, but peers recognizing peers, reports recognizing leadership. Despite what some people think, as a leader of people, we like to be told we're doing a good job too!

Cons:

When filling out the profile, it would be nice to have the system have a pop up window or highlight the areas in red that were not filled in correctly vs. just freezing and not allowing the user to complete. This would reduce the frustration of when a new user is trying to fill out the profile and gets stuck.

7 years ago

Buck, you are awesome. We love your creative ideas about culture games and are working internally on some things to support your ideas for games

Michelle
Manager of Service Delivery in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Motivosity is great!

Comments: I have really enjoyed using Motivosity, and I feel it is a valuable tool for our company.

Pros:

The best part is that it makes recognition easy, and keeps it relevant and fresh. It also makes it public, so everyone in the company can hear about the great stuff my employees are doing. The system shows you who you have recognized lately, and who has not, which reminds you to be more aware of the things that could and should be recognized. We are now expanding into using some of the other tools, so another plus is that it is not a program that can only be used for one thing.

Cons:

The obstacle that I have run into is the limited characters when documenting priorities and goals. Neither I nor my staff can outline goals and objectives in a one sentence format! The feedback tool may have its merits, but I don't like the fact that eventually, what you write will be made public to other users in the company.

3 years ago

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for your review and suggestions! We're so glad you've enjoyed the benefits and versatility of our platform :)

Guido
Technical Support Engineer in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great way to get aware of appreciating people

Comments: You know actively think about appreciating someone when he/she stepped up or helped you.

Pros:

It's a very nice system to appreciate your colleagues. Where you normally wouldn't sent a message/email to thank someone, with Motivosity it's fun to do it. Also because everyone in the company can read it. It's fun to motivate the team with a simple message.

Cons:

The Highlights option isn't really adding value. When sharing a highlight, it will be quickly 'overflooded' with other messages and not visible as it should be. It would be great to have 2 columns, one for your team - mandatory, and one for the company - or other teams. Highlights should be 'pinned' for some time or have a separate dashboard.

Jacob
Manager of Total Rewards in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The future of Total Rewards

Comments: UTA didn't have a R&R system until about 3-years ago. Once we found Motivosity it really fit like a hand in a glove. It was easy to roll-out and educate the end users on its features. The tool has really pushed the organization forward and keeps us connected.

Pros:

1. Ease of Training 2. Performance Management 3. Data Analytics/Reporting

Cons:

1. Feedback feature could be diversified 2. eNPS score/rating criteria 3. Customer Support

3 years ago

Hi Jacob! Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We're thrilled that Motivosity has been such a good fit in your company and that you've seen such a positive impact. Thanks for bringing up issues about our feedback feature, eNPS ratings, and customer support. We'll definitely be looking to improve those in future updates

Nick
Recruiting Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great Prodcut

Comments: Very positive. I would recommend this product to any company.

Pros:

Motivosity is a great place to track employee progress and an even better place to give recognition. Love the eNPS features too.

Cons:

Lately the one on one function has been pretty difficult to use, to the point that our company doesn't really want to use the platform for one on ones anymore.

12 months ago

Thanks for sharing Nick! We appreciate your impact recognizing others.