Filter by:

• Overall

About EmailOctopus

Easy-to-use, affordable email marketing tool for businesses and individual creators wanting to grow and engage an audience.

Learn more about EmailOctopus

Josh E.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2021

"Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!"

Comments: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

Pros: The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

Cons: In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Alternatives Considered: SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2021
Kat S.
Author
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Can't beat the features for the price"

Comments: My overall experience has been positive. I'm comfortable with tech, so setting this up with AWS wasn't difficult. I like the user interface and I think deliverability is at least moderate. I've been able to save 10-20 month using EmailOctopus over the more mainstream and pricey email providers, so I'm happy.

Pros: I like that I have 90% of the functionality as with the more expensive options, like MailerLite. This allows me to build my newsletter list without the hefty price tag.

Cons: I wish there were more analysis-type features, like being able to tell me at a glance which subscribers haven't opened an email in six months, and then a mechanism to pull that group out and cull them from my list. Right now the process is manual and time-consuming.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Sumeet C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Best Email Marketing System"

Comments: Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

Pros: I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Cons: Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Maisarah S.
Maisarah S.
Marketing Executive
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2021

"Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software"

Pros: EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

Cons: I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2021
Full Time Translator
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Not-so-bad Alt to MailChimp"

Pros: The fact that the free version comes with 2500 subscribers. 200 more than MailChimp.

Cons: For me there's no serious cons of this software. they did good job in improving their drag and drop editor. But i don't feel they keep up with enough updates. The sector of email marketing providers is crowded and if you don't keep up like what MailChimp did with launching Inbox and Surveys features plus their brand new editor: We as customers and therefore our clients will choose the most advanced solution.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp Transactional Email and MailerLite

Jesse K.
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Email Octopus Review"

Pros: Ease of use, effectiveness, sends emails efficiently and quickly. The ability to choose from templates or create your own is a great feature! Being able to see who has been sent an email, see when they opened it, and if they clicked on any links is such a wonderful feature for our school! Great costumer service as well. This is the first time our company has ever used an email platform software and it has made my job so much more efficient and the communication between our entire membership and school has never been stronger before! On top of that, I finally get to do something in my position that is creative, I love playing around with the templates and adding my special touches, it has helped me bring fun into my job!

Cons: I would of loved more flexibility in creating my own templates, some features as far as how the emails look but other than that nothing!

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Ramy K.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2021

"In a competitive market, EmailOctopus stands out"

Comments: EmailOctopus has been great. I've tried a few alternatives and they were all too complicated as they were trying to be all things to all people. All I wanted was a simple service for sending out weekly newsletters for an affordable price, and EmailOctopus delivers on that.

Pros: It's super affordable and comparatively simple to use

Cons: It took a minute to get used to the editor, but there's been no email service provider I've come across where that wasn't the case.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp, MailerLite and ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: The price and the simplicity.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2021
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Business Owner
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2020

"Great new product"

Comments: EmailOctopus has been great. Technical support helped me resolve an issue quickly.

Pros: Very user friendly and easy to use. The ease of use and brand colours fit my brand.

Cons: Can't save images, however the ease of use make templates easy to access.

Alternatives Considered: AWeber and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus: Ease of use.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: New product, price and ease of use.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2020
Aaron M.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Value for Email Marketing is Great"

Comments: Love EO. Wish I would have switched sooner

Pros: Compare EO to other Email Marketing and it is easy to use with all features you expect. Great value for $$ spent and accessible customer service too. Save money and use this great marketing tool.

Cons: At this point EO has all needed to run a small business marketing program.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Karen L.
Marketing Freelancer
Political Organization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2020

"Easy to use and setup"

Pros: This is easy to use, no frills email software that is perfect for low cost marketing campaigns

Cons: Haven't had any issues so far, everything about it is good.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp and SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: It's the most affordable.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2020
Michael C.
Author
Publishing, Self Employed

"A pleasure to use"

Comments: Overall, very pleased.

Pros: Easy to use and setup with excellent and prompt support if help is needed.
Good set of features.
Excellent value.

Cons: The drag and drop email editor is a little dated but it is easy to use.

Peter M.
Business Development Manager
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"We needed to better communicate with our clients"

Comments: Our hope was a reinvigorated communication with our clients. To date we are seeing clients reengage with us and we have had compliments on how nice the newsletter is. We have made the right move.

Pros: We were using an older inline HTML newsletter which was tired, non-responsive and difficult to maintain. We found EmailOctopus a breath of fresh air. Easy to set up, easy to use (once we'd watched the videos), easy to add, and most importantly, manage our client subscription details, great support when we had questions and good Dashboard and reports.

Cons: It took a little while to get our newsletter looking okay using the drag-and-drop templates and we'd have loved to see a few more options and perhaps a few more controls to do things like adding our company web font as the default for headings.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Komal D.
Jewelry designer
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

"Good value for money"

Comments: Good

Pros: Ease of use. But my conversion rate is very low

Cons: Conversion rate is very low so hardly have any sales

Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Community and Support Specialist
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2018

"Checks all the boxes"

Comments: Being able to send emails without any trouble. Our last esp was terrible. They kept blocking our account and didnt have the support to help us

Pros: Quick responses, ease of use, GDPR friendly

Cons: We are still using it so I am not really seeing any problems so far.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2018
Daniel M.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Powerful tool"

Comments: We are very pleased with everything so far. Everything you could ask for in an email app.

Pros: Tried it for free and loved it. Simple and easy to use. Very clean and much more affordable then the completion.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Luis miguel R.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"Efficient tool for E-Mail Marketing"

Comments: It's a great tool to send emails to a massive group, track emails and program when to send emails.

Pros: * It's very easy to use and has a friendly interface.
* The tool is flexible and works great when your goal is to send massive emails.
* Configuration is easy if you follow the instructions.

Cons: * Integration with other software solutions is limited.
* Mobile integration should be an enhancement to meet all needs.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Tara H.
Vice Pres
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"OK system"

Pros: Price was reasonable but features not so easy.

Cons: Searching for existing emails to update.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Jargon D.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"This is the one!"

Comments: 10/10

Pros: EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

Cons: The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus: MailChimp was too difficult to use

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense

• Reviewed on 17/02/2021
Sheila R.
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2021

"Email Octopus makes it designing and sending emails easy and affordable"

Comments: I'm getting more emails out and having more interaction with my customers. With the algorithms on social media changing daily, being able to consistently connect with my customers through email marketing is so important.

Pros: Email Octopus is so much easier to use that other email marketing products. The templates are simple and impactful, making sending new email campaigns an absolute breeze instead of a full-time job.

Cons: The only thing I would suggest is that email octopus develop an app for mobile users. That would make it even easier to use!

Ryan A.
Ryan A.
Political Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"EmailOctopus is my go-to solution for mass emailing."

Comments: Fast. Reliable. Responsive. Very satisfied.

Pros: The software and the team behind it are fast, reliable, and responsive. I work in politics and things need to happen quickly to be impactful, which is why EmailOctopus is my go-to solution when I need to get a message out and get a report back on how well it was received.

Cons: I would add more data fields to list importing so I could segment better to one list.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus: Their customer service wasn't as good!

Switched From: Sendinblue

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: Too costly by comparison to my needs.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Co-Founder, CEO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses"

Comments: I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros: The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons: The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Vikas A.
Head Marketing
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2021

"Great help in sending our communications"

Pros: Its easy to use and a lot of options are available for customization.

Cons: Just that the pricing is linked to the contacts that we store. We may not send emails to all our contacts on a regular basis, but still we end up paying for all contacts.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2021
Software Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2020

"Awsome service"

Comments: It's been great. I use it to manage email subscriptions in apps that I develop and to send automated emails.

Pros: It's lightweight, cost-effective, and easy to work with.

Cons: I'd like a more robust developer API, so that I can take more control over how I'm utilizing the service in my apps.

Alternatives Considered: SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: Price and ease of use.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2020
Scott M.
Writer
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Exceelent option for editorial newsletters"

Comments: I use EmailOctopus to send monthly editorial email newsletters, and it excels at this. I'm able to have total control over the aesthetic of the emails I send, and the dashboard isn't cluttered with marketing features that I'll never use. All the other services I tested and compared either imposed their own aesthetic on the user, or offered full customization but were bloated with marketing features – or both. EmailOctopus is ideal for my use case.

Pros: EmailOctopus dispenses with all the tools for marketers that other services offer and focuses on a simple but crucial set of features: straightforward list management, fine-grained control over templating, clear workflow, sensible analytics that don't veer into creepy surveillance territory.

Cons: All that said, there are a couple features that would be nice to have: embedded subscription forms that don't need jQuery, and a CSS inlining tool for building custom templates (many others are available; it would just be nice to have it all in one place).

Kehinde A.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Email Octopus For Easy Emailing"

Comments: I use it for email marketing; list building, automation and broadcasting messages to my existing list.

Pros: Simplicity of the User Interface, AWS Integration and Delivery quality.

Cons: The price farely high given to the fact that I still have to pay AWS.

Alternatives Considered: AWeber

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus: The 2,500 Lifetime free subscribers is cool.