• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Targetprocess

Targetprocess is a visual platform to help you adopt and scale agile across your enterprise.

Learn more about Targetprocess

Showing 25 reviews of 532

Sigurjón K.
Director of Project Management
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2016

"Targetprocess is more than just a project management tool"

Comments: Our organization creates safety critical systems and software and has to comply to EC regulations and guidelines with rigid objectives for software safety assurance. Targetprocess help's us with planning and following work through as an visual aid. Our customers are directed to the help desk provided and use of the email integration which aids to the need to record and trace all requests down to a detail task. The ability to tailor Targetprocess to our software development process to meet rigid software assurance level objectives is an advantage and helps with streamlining the daily work. Our organization is ISO 9001 certified and we use Targetprocess to accommodate necessary functions as Suggestions and Improvements, Internal Audits, Review and Audit Checklists, Purchase Orders, Billing process, and HR process which makes Targetprocess more than just a project management tool. The plugins and integration possibilities are of huge advantage and we have used many. Currently we are integrating time-registration to our accounting system to eliminate double registration and our engineers can't wait for that improvement. When needing answers to possibilities or other support the online chat with Targetprocess support is excellent and also that you can file a suggestion and democratic vote will help your suggestion to be realized.

Pros: Meets any basic need for project management and planing
Handles customer relationship
Provides customisation to some extend
Excellent support channels
The solution is constantly under improvement
Cost affective

Cons: Takes time to understand the concept of the views and entities but when you have been opened you are flying

Zvonimir H.
Quality Assurance Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2017

"TargetProcess - the good, the bad and the ugly"

Comments: History: We've been using target for some 3 years now. Lets start off with some bad and the ugly:
One of the main issues we've encountered using TP is the inability to report "incidents" - core entity that should be available and recognized in a tool like this because it would allow clearer solving and tracking of issues and potential defects.
Secondly, the software itself is very complicated to learn so it can't be used efficiently right on the get go.
Thirdly, it is very unclear what this software is actually trying to be. It seems to appease all the crowds, IT, QA, Management, Business etc. and in all that it's become a jack of all trades but a master in none.
The good:
It's quite modular, and you can modify it to your demands, up to a degree. Customer support seems alright and you can see people are working on issues and are trying to expand the software as much as possible in the time given.
Thanks to the high customization features, software is able to adapt to your business and your way of working instead of you adapting to it, which is great.
Finishing thoughts:
All in all, when you start to give in too much to please everyone, you start to lose focus and start running into problems. Businesses start adapting the tool to themselves, and after a while, they adapt it wrongly, in some unnatural way that it's not supposed to be used at all. And that is a big issue that we've found.
This is a great software, but it either lacks additional features or it needs a firmer approach to using it.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Joel W.
Chief CCO Officer
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2015

"Better than all the rest"

Comments: Targetprocess re-invents the workflow board, sort of like combining Trello and full-featured issue trackers and project management systems. The way it lets you create different view to slice the data and drag&drop between grids to change properites of the cards is amazing. We can customize the app to fit our workflow in a way that is not possible with most other tools. This is much better than having to customize your workflow to fit the app.

Pros: + Easy to use
+ Incredible customization available
+ Rich, feature-packed filtering query language

Cons: What I dislike the most is that the experience isn't consistent - some data types can be created, renamed and tweaked extensively, while some others are set in stone and baked into the system. I would rather have that it was very scaled down, and that you could create your own data types for cards, instead of having a few baked-in types (Epic, Feature, UserStory, Request, Bug etc). And the cards are tied to metadata such as Release, Project, User, Role, Effort etc - these cannot be modified and you cannot use them as you will. - Cannot rename card types or create more, delete unused types etc
- You have to choose between points or hours as Effort metric - but they don't work the same! Some features are not available when you choose points instead of hours. I'd rather it was only a label choosing "p" instead of "h".
- Multiple stuff like the above - some stuff is build-in and cant be changed and it can be very confusing.
- API is a mess. Everything can be modified in every request, instead of having separate requests for midifying different objects. For instance: you add a comment to a bug, you have to include the user (as an object, not just an id) that authored the comment. However, if you accidentally input the wrong name for the user (but the correct ID), it will actually *change the name* of that user. WTF?
- Query language is very useful, but has some subtle bugs and inconsistencies.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2015
Imad S.
Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager
Design, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2016

"Loaded with Features, Fast, Smooth, and get the job done"

Comments: Project Manager, previously worked in Quality Assurance, and Process improvement. I used using TP in two different companies, the first one as a user, and in the second,I deployed it, configured it and provided the need training. Software development, consultancy projects. Perfect tool to use

Pros: amazing support, responsive and almost immediate problem solving.
Live Chat sessions with their support are always fruitful, most of the times, 3 minutes into the session, the questions Is answered.
TP team provide support for technical issues, and help you get things done with TP (in cases where you are not able to figure things out on your own) The product is very easy to use, no training needed. Team members can just get things done without TP getting in the way. The new features and development cycle is great, and they kept the software fast, reliable with no noticeable bugs. I am using TP since 2007, and I have carried it over with me to two companies, suggested it to my colleagues, and I continuously use it. They have the most friendly and responsive, and knowledgeable team.

Cons: I cannot keep up with the new features. (maybe this is a positive). it doesn't work well with IE 11. I am working on Microsoft Edge now, and I doesn't work as good as expected. They have great performance on Chrome and Firefox. need more support for Microsoft products.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2016
Tony V.
Cheif Architect
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2016

"Great Product, used it at my past three companies."

Comments: I've used Target Process at my last two companies, so when my current company was looking for a solution to upgrade to I didn't hesitate to recommend, and spearhead the initiative to bring it in place. Target process is awesome, but like every software product has it's bumps in the road from time to time; where I think Target Process really steps up is the customer support... when bad things happen they are right there ready and always more then eager to help.

Pros: It's easy to use; the customer support is second to none; it gives me the ability to run the project the way I want to run the project, not the way that someone else defines; it gives us total flexibility to track bugs separately from stories and tasks.

Cons: From time to time the interface seems to just get confused, and requires me to close the windows and start fresh. This happens significantly less then it used to though, so it's down to once every few weeks.

Sherry W.
Business Engineer/ Scrum Master/ Prod Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Everything I need, almost"

Comments: Used TP for about 3 years. It's object design underneath make all sense from an engineer's perspective. Love all the capabilities to customize my workflow and boards, color code it with extentions etc. Support is really great! It wins JIRA and TRELLO in my opinion.

Pros: - online support
- design concept (all objects and concepts underneath make sense and super flexible)
- performance
- upgrade frequently

Cons: - no integration with github (ticket number is hard to use)
- no integration with Confluence
- no integrated ticket/support desk

• Reviewed on 24/02/2017
John H.
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"So Easy to Use"

Pros: My team and I were able to get started on this product right away and our user did not take long to onboard.

Cons: Overall my experience with this product was great. The only thing that was maybe lacking was some other features that competitors offered.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Carlos B.
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2016

"The best Agile project management software I have used (with plenty of references)"

Comments: This is a very easy to use tool. It has enabled me to collaborate with several people over time. It lets you master - and quickly put to practice - Agile Methodologies for software development. There are many ways to do things, this makes it easier to learn. Very easy to customize to the specific workflow of your organization. You can tailor your menus, dashboard and views to quickly access the information you need. Very reliable, never had a problem with it. Constantly improving: making updates, fixing bugs (which I haven't even seen) and adding new features. I have used it professionally at work, in my own business, and I am so pleased with it, that I constantly suggest it to developers team I meet with. A software company without a software like this (or not as good as this one), will under-perform, loose competitive edge ... and eventually fail.

Pros: Very reliable. Fully customizable. Easy to use. Full of features. Very modern.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2016
Paulo V.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2018

"A great tool for managing product lifecycle - after you learn it..."

Comments: TargetProcess is the main managing tool at TecSinapse. There we have the roadmaps for all our portfolio (more than 30 software products), all our 5 product squads, Devops team, QA and etc. It is complete and very flexible. I surely recommend it.

Pros: The flexibility to customize our process within TargetProcess is amazing, with custom fields and the broad variety of views, everything we need to keep track of what is happening at the company is provided.

Cons: Even if you can easily start to use, you can also very easily start to use it wrongly. It takes some time and effort so that you can really understand and, therefore, take the most of it. Additionally, search mechanism could be improved (combined search with tags, more custom fields, etc.)

• Reviewed on 18/09/2018
Walter G.
Business Analyst/ Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2016

"Fantastic keeps getting better"

Comments: Coming from a hybrid of JIRA and physical whiteboards has been seamless. We have nothing but positive things to say about TargetProcess and their continuously improving product. Now our entire organization can beat to the same drum by actually seeing an internal road map.

Pros: 1. Customer Support is world class
2. Continuous product improvement
3. Ability to heavily customize
4. How when you click into an entity they are a familiar landscape. cuts down on the learning curve.
5. Timeline view
6. Public views

Cons: 1. The ability to create custom tabs in entities
2. Timeline views, need to be able to use custom date fields to drive certain start and end dates.
3. Permissions. This needs to be revamped it causes a lot of roadblocks.
4. Timeline views, i know you are anti Gantt charts, but the ability to highlight an entity in a red box and show dependencies to other entities on a timeline view would make it so we can use TargetProcess for project meetings.

Ivan G.
Internet
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2015

"Perfect tool for agile development"

Comments: TargetProcess is a really great tool for planning and development! It's very flexible. In our company we have several projects. For some of them we use all the hierarchy "program/project/epic/feature/userstory/task/bug". For other projects we just use "project/userstory/bug" hierarchy. It's really easy to switch from one type to another. Also TP provides really powerful filters for your views and graphical reports.
A really nice feature that we implemented with TP - our internal people who do not work with TP directly (or don't have access to TP at all) but want to provide feedback to our SW can just write an e-mail to a specific address with their feedback description. It results in a TP entity "request" with propely assigned people, project, etc. Thus we 100% sure it appears on a proper view. Then the dev team with a click of a button converts it to a userstory/bug and implement. It works perfectly for us!

Pros: Very flexible, customizable, looks nice. They actively introduce new features based on customer feedback. Really easy to track changes history of an entity, create and see relations between items, plan iterations, etc.

Cons: It was a bit hard to switch from TP2 to TP3. TP2 had all views predefined so you have everything from the box but can't create your custom views. In the modern TP you can create any (!) view you want but it takes time to learn how to do it. Thanks for TP support - it works really well.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2015
Carrie B.
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2016

"Simple and Powerful"

Comments: We implemented Targetprocess to help our virtual team stay on the same page and optimize workflow. Implementing Kanban has helped improve our communication and reduce roadblocks which has made it possible to meet our customers' needs more effectively.

Pros: It has an intuitive interface that clearly shows the who, what, where and how. It's feature rich without being cumbersome. The team at Targetprocess is responsive to suggestions and are continuously improving existing features and adding nuances that make it more flexible.

Cons: Every once in a while, displaying cards by team or project seems to get jumbled, though I'm sure if I applied the RTFM maxim I'd be able to figure out why.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2016
Servicio de atención al cliente
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Exclusive workflow, with flexible process."

Comments: Mostly we use it to manage a team of few developers. It is excellent to keep track of everything related to the process and to allow product managers to have an idea of the work constantly.

Pros: The process of destiny allows having certain organization of style in our beginning and the entities can have many relations. You can have a project that contains epic songs composed of stories separated by tasks, it's great. allows you to easily add images in the online editor.
It has visibility for tasks. Easily visualizing which task is assigned to each person. Easily customizable to configure the WIP and the rules around it. It has contributed greatly to increasing our daily productivity and the level of transparency has increased.

Cons: One of my complaints could be, the dragging of tasks through the plates, since it still presents me with certain errors. This should be fixed as soon as possible, because it is delayed even in the best machines and regardless of the configuration we previously made.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Heather M.
Product Specialist, CSM, CSPO
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"Overall, a very handy piece of software."

Comments: We have used both Scrum and Kanban and Targetprocess has been able to support both. There is a TON of functionality, some of it more useful than others. I'd like to see some other functionality included. The 'voting' system for new functionality is very agile, but I'm not sure it's super effective. The reporting options are very handy and people/team management is great too.

Pros: I like the prioritization features, although I don't understand/wish it was available in more areas. The reporting is great, and the Feature/User Story/Task set-up is very handy.

Cons: Custom reporting is VERY difficult to understand.

Paul C.
Dev Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"Brilliant Tools"

Comments: I have tried Mingle, Jira, Version One, Trello and a whole host of other PM tools and I constantly come back to TP.
It's a portfolio, story mapping, delivery and QA test tool all in one but is so much more. You can use it for software development, ticket management as well as on any project that has clear visible workflows that can be visualized. It's strengths are its flexibility and ease of use and the fact that it is constantly being improved based on real customer feedback.
The customer support and knowledge of the product is second to none.

Pros: Flexibility, ease of use, graphical nature, speed of response

Cons: Left navigation needs multiple levels, no undo,templates for a given team would be great

• Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Phil H.
Solutions Architect
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Incredible customisation - no matter how strange your business is, this can be made to fit"

Pros: The scope for customisation is wide open. There's an active developer community and the team at TargetProcess invariably respond quickly with a can-do attitude, no matter how in-depth or niche the request is.

Cons: Some non-technical users report difficulty in navigating the interface, there being many different ways to complete the same task and lots of detail shown at once. I do not personally find this an issue, but it's something to bear in mind if you're planning a roll-out.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Member of the Board
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Great Product, Great Service"

Comments: Target Process is helping our group gather business and system requirements. We also document our test cases and bugs found. This software assists us in collaborating with multiple teams within our company to provide excellent customer service.

Pros: I love the flexibility of access to this product. I can even access it on my phone if I need to look up a user story to see what state it is in.

Cons: So far we don't have found any negatives. We have added custom fields and made suggestions, but all and all this is a very good product.

Kulunu S.
Consultant QA
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2018

"Target Process is good project management tool to track all the activities."

Comments: This is very easy tool to track day today activities. I used this software in my previous project.(Oracle-Micros)

Pros: - Easy to use.
- Can track the all the activities of the user.
- Can track the times.
- Can put separate times for each and every assignee.
- Can run the customize reports.
- There is a good end to end flow.

Cons: - Price is very high of small company.
-If one test case has lots of steps, it is hard to read the steps in test run.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2018
Amy W.
Supervisor, Technical Resources
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2016

"Great tool to elevate the way you work"

Comments: We implemented new work group processes using TP. It is easy to quickly get started, flexible enough to change as you go, and intuitive enough for users to quickly navigate the interface.

Pros: I can develop customized processes myself and do not need a developer. The user interface is modern and easy to navigate. The "entity" model makes customization and linking easy. Customer Support is really good - from the initial contact over chat to updates while development is happening to delivering the resolution. A vendor that gives you a timeline to fix something and then delivers without me having to be the QA department. Awesome support videos and how-to articles on their help pages.

Cons: Sometimes it may be too flexible. I would like to be able to change the order on the custom fields.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2016
Meik S.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Flexibility nearly at its best"

Comments: We use it for organizing most of our work in the company. First in software development only (SCRUM)) and now nealrly everywhere. So it is transparent for everyone, what you do and what the others do.

Pros: It is very flexible and fits most of the cases we need.

Cons: The flexibility makes it complex in some cases. E. g. Reportings/Exports with custom fields. Some expected dependencies missing. (custom fields in multiple processes/process switch)

Charlie D.
Director, Web Development
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"Great tool, if you know how to use it"

Comments: I've heard TP described as "android vs apple" - there is a lot of configuration involved to get the best views and details for what you want, but frankly that is what I love most! The learning curve has taken some time to climb, but now that I am pretty comfortable with the tool I have no issues finding what I need. I think more integrated training materials could be helpful, but also there should be a level of understanding by your customers that there is complexity in the setup of the tool. Maybe more pre-built views or easier exporting of View setup could also help a lot

Pros: Flexibility and extensibility

Cons: Complexity and difficulty to learn

Rachel H.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2016

"Links of a chain"

Comments: This is used daily to manage iterations and sprints. The flexibility between boards and linking them to different boards is great to include all staff with little experience. We use Business requirements on one board then make a user story on the sprint board. You can follow your work all the way through from the business requirement to test runs and then production of the work.

Pros: It is clear and and easy to use for all levels of experience.

Cons: It is sometimes slow to update card movements, especially if you update the card in the card and not by moving the chess piece style board

• Reviewed on 24/06/2016
Marc H.
CIO
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"Agility and Flexibility in a complete tool."

Comments: They say with flexibility comes complexity, but Target Process is very Flexible and at the same time manages to make this UX platform, one of the easiest agile project management product we've every used. We've been using it for 2 years now and we couldn't do without it.

Pros: Fully Agile
Flexible
UX/UI
Mobile App
Good reporting
Real Time
Help Desk
API

Cons: Not cheap

Directeur Ontwikkeling
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"Great system"

Comments: We are using it in our scrum teams, but also our consultants are using TP in their Prince2-projects.

Pros: TargetProcess is a great system with lots of possibilities to expand and create extentions.

Cons: For a new user it can be overwelming, but when you give it some attention, time and effert it is a great tool

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Rick V.
Agile Coach
Construction, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Targetprocess Review"

Comments: It's a good tool and we were able to grow with the tool.

Pros: I like the price, I like how Targetprocess responds to changing trends in the industry for agile development

Cons: Doesn't integrate as easily in the development pipeline as other tools (Azure DevOps).

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019