15 years helping British businesses

About Hemlane

Your property management partner. All-in-one property management - allowing you to manage your rental properties from anywhere.

Learn more about Hemlane

Pros:

My tenants use it with ease and I can see where the money is at. It links directly with my bank accounts and keeps the books for me.

Cons:

Expense tracking is weak. Doesn’t allow you to pay bills through the system.

Hemlane ratings

4.7
4.8
4.7
4.8

9.3/10

Hemlane has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 160 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hemlane before?

Jesus
Jesus
Realtor in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Hemlane for Property Manager's

Comments: It is easy to use once it is set up the maintance department is superb and they are constantly taking care of the tenants

Pros:

Easy to use. The office upgrades the software to make it easier for the user to work with

Cons:

There are still things that I personally will like to change but I always talk to their office and they had made the change

Javier
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Hemlane is what all other property management softwares should be looking to replicate.

Comments: I am truly delighted with Hemlane software. Its intuitive design and user-friendly interface makes navigation a breeze, substantially simplifying the property management process for me. The remarkable ease of use it offers has brought about significant improvements in the overall efficiency of our property operations. But what sets Hemlane apart is their exceptional customer service, always ready to assist, proactive, and remarkably personable, truly epitomizing what a customer-centric organization should be. Moreover, the positive feedback from our tenants reaffirms our decision. They find the platform incredibly convenient to use, making their interactions with us smoother and more satisfactory. All in all, Hemlane has not only streamlined our processes but also fostered happier relationships with our tenants, which, I believe, is a testament to its top-tier service.

Pros:

Ease of use. Intuitive. Easy for tenants to use. GREAT and I mean GREAT customer service.

Cons:

I can't think of any at this time. About 2 years into using the service.

last year

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing us Javier! We love hearing that you have been able to streamline your business and that our support team is able to help foster a positive relationship between you, your tenants, and Hemlane!

Ronie
MANAGER in US

Tech Support

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: [sensitive content hidden] was great, very special and made me feel great. Resoled it in 1 email

Pros:

Easy to use and capable of doing a lot of things

Cons:

It will help me a lot if it had an application

TJ
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Horrible Communication

1.0 last month New

Comments: Probably altered my life and tenants lives by withholding payments without proper notice and never told you did until I called in 6 days later

Pros:

Repair Coordination. It’s a way to be hands off.

Cons:

The way Hemlane communicated. It’s not proactive and they always blame you. Horrible ways of communicating

Stewart
COO in US

Hemlane is the BEST!

Comments: Hemlane is fantastic for our business! Customer service is top notch and very responsive.

Pros:

Very user friendly for tenants, management staff and landlords.

Cons:

We're having some issues with Stripe when it comes to payments. There's also no easy way to download a ledger [lots of unnecessary information]

Raul
Property Manager- Agent Sales in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Hemlane saved my business!

Comments: I have been utilizing Hemlane for the past couple years and every time I have a question or concern they are always super responsive and help with any assistance I may need whether it be with tenants or Landlords. Exceptional service! Looking forward to continuing to do business with Hemlane and growing my Management company.

Pros:

The most important feature that I love is "Transparency" , a platform that is designed to be clear with your landlords without any gimmick. The rent's being directed to their accounts at a push of a button is super helpful. The communication feature between the tenants is great! Simplicity is also key here with this platform.

Cons:

To be picky I do think the platform is a little compartmentalized a little too much it makes it a little hard to navigate certain things. However, once you get the hang of it you know your way around. I would say the two things Hemlane can improve on is 1.) Guest Cards a little bit of a easier way to schedule a showing. The showing set up is kind of weird. I don't use it but would like it to be integrated with my calendar. 2.) The maintenance requests are a little hard to navigate such as recording payments and such. Just very minimal technical things. Hemlane is constantly improving their software though.

Lukas

Feedback from an engineer

Comments: Excellent. I'm glad we chose Hemlane. It is my secret tool that i don't think many landlords have heard about. The big names out there dominate the market, but we tried a few of them very systematically and i wasn't impressed with them at all. As an owner that wants to take 10 units now, to 100 someday, i put A LOT of time and effort into evaluating software to try and select which one was going to be the best for our goals, grow with us, and also help us grow.

Pros:

This software was made to make your life as a landlord easier and streamline many of the steps and tasks necessary when it comes to managing tenants. I spent quite a few hours filling out a decision matrix to select which software platform we were going to use. Hemlane was the easy winner with the items which we weight heavily and features that we wanted. Most of our weights and preferences stem from wanting to have a very streamlined and efficient property management system.

Cons:

I think that coming on board and understanding how the Hemlane process works from the time a prospective tenant is interested to the time they are all set up as a tenant was not very well communicated. We kind of had to figure it out on our own. There is so many little nuances with what the software does, how it communicates, how it advertises, what happens when a prospective tenant reaches out from a 3rd party site via email, etc. Thought the software is set up great and i wouldn't change much, but some training when purchasing the product for the first time would have eliminated a lot of headaches and questions for instances like were mentioned. Also, PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE make an android app. The mobile version of the site does not seem to work well. Both myself and tenants have had problems with it.

Quentin
Investment Management, 2–10 Employees

Hemlane Just Works

Comments: I've had a good experience with Hemlane and have recommended it to others. It is quick to learn and easy to bill in and out of. The higher tier packages were more expensive than I could pay for the services provided.

Pros:

Gone are the days of going door-to-door accepting rent payments with online payment portals.

Cons:

I wish there were pre-made leases using legally binding e-signatures that could be sent back and forth within the software portal.

10 months ago

Thanks for the review Quentin! We love to hear what has been working and what types of services our users want to have a more robust experience. With this in mind, we also provide leasing services for properties that are out of state as well!

Jay
Jay
Founder in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

I don't feel like I'm self-managing

Pros:

I've used the system for over a year and the entire way, Hemlane's service coordinators have made me feel like they are on my team, proved to be critically important parts of my team, allowing me to feel confident that our tenants (and properties) will be taken care of.

Cons:

This is me being picky, but reporting can be slightly improved. Again, being picky, extremely picky.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing us Jay! We love hearing that the switch to Hemlane has streamlined your rental business!

Jessica
Jessica
President in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great value and customer support for small business owner

Comments: We did extensive research when choosing on online platform for the management of our properties. Hemlane was one of the only platforms that we felt truly protected on, as landlords who are conscious about legal concerns around allowing online payments. But we also greatly appreciate that the software is easy to use for our tenants, and so far, they really appreciate the functionality of it! It’s made communication and processes so much more seamless!

Pros:

Being able to provide my tenants with a secure platform for online payments and communication has made our operations so much more seamless! The customer service has been exceptional, and there are so many other features we are still learning, ad have yet to implement. What a great value for our money as a small business!

Cons:

The financial features are still basic, but I appreciate their compatibility with QuickBooks and other software.

4 years ago

Thanks Jessica! And, we look forward to improving the financials for you!

Danny
Real Estate, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great product for partial self-management on remote properties.

Comments: I own 21 properties, 30 doors. We experimented with 2 properties in Florida (I live in Utah) and we were very impressed at how well it worked. We have recently moved 2 more remote properties from Illinois and 2 from Tennessee. We would move all our Florida properties over if Hemlane had a larger footprint in Florida. I also use their "simple" option for my local properties now which allows me to use there financial tools to collect rent and manage tenant needs w/o their local network of agents and full maintenance service. It is a good tool for those that want to reduce program management cost and be a little more involved with the program management itself w/o being overwhelmed.

Pros:

- Allows me to cut property management costs significantly while still having 3rd party property management tools at my disposal. - Allows me the flexibility to choose how involved I want to be in the management process. - Provides excellent financial tools and workflows to collect rent, handle late fees and pay team professionals online. All of which is automated. - Fully handles maintenance requests from tenants where I have full visibility and can interact as needed. - Handles tenant emergency calls. - Provides a local network of quality leasing agents that I can work with on property turns. Has excellent advertisement workflows and capabilities. Just had my first turn under hemlane and it was excellent. - The dashboard view and financial ledger are real time and easier to understand then monthly text reports from full property managers. - Product keeps improving.

Cons:

- Some tenants had issues setting up automatic payments early on. - Doesn't have a way to group properties.

5 years ago

Thank you, Danny, for your review! We sincerely appreciate it and look forward to continuing to work with you and expand our local agent partnerships to more regions for you.

Pablo
Manager (though my wife and I own the properties) in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Hemlane is a crucial "member" of our team.

Comments: It has been phenomenal. Really.

Pros:

User friendly. Clarity. Practicality. Website layout. Credit reports & Background checks Tool. Responsive customer service.

Cons:

Hemlane could have a little more flexibility in the automatic questionnaires prospective tenants receive when they first inquiry. Or we—users—should be able to customize those initial questions. For instance, Hemlane asks whether the inquirer has a "pet." Since service animals are not considered "pets", that question could be misleading when screening someone. While having a service animal is totally fine, some prospective tenants might lie saying they have a service animal when in reality they are actually trying to sneak a pet in. A better question would be: "What animals do you have?"

Steven
Owner/Property Manager in US

Best decision I have made since starting my own property management company this year!

Pros:

Hemlane is the best kept secret in the property management software industry! I started my own property management company this year, and was shocked by what the larger property management software companies were asking on a monthly basis. Most of them stopped talking to me because I didn't have 500 properties on my hands. Hemlane allows me to set my own showing schedule, confirms showings automatically so I'm not wasting my valuable time, produces a totally seamless online application in screening process, allows me to simply transfer applicants into tenants with the push of a button, I can send and receive funds electronically from landlords / tenants / vendors without surcharges, and much more. Any other issues I've had with setting up my company through Hemlane has been resolved by rep within a matter of minutes. I could not recommend this company enough, especially if you're thinking about starting your own property management company.**** I have worked for large property management companies in the past that used some of the big-name software companies, and I know that the value cannot be beat****

Cons:

I wish that the 1099 feature came standard with the service. I have not had the software for more than a year, so in all fairness, I am assuming that all of my financial transactions on Hemlane will easily transfer to QuickBooks. I have not been disappointed By REP and her team yet!

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

A huge step forward for managing rental properties

Comments: I've owned and managed a group of five out-of-state rental properties for over 10 years. In that time, I've used a variety of systems and professional management companies in my effort to streamline operations. I switched to Hemlane a couple years ago, and these last two years have been, by far, the smoothest -- both operationally and financially. The combination of well-designed software with the on-the-ground Hemlane maintenance team is exactly what I needed. I'm able to configure everything the way I need it. The value of the service is excellent.

Pros:

This is almost exactly the software and system I would design for my own needs. It's very easy to get going, but it's also highly configurable. The support team is excellent.

Cons:

Aside from a few UI tweaks I'd like to see, it would be great to have the accounting side of things integrate directly with my bank, such that Hemlane can double as my accounting solution. Apparently, this is in the works!

Taylor
Transaction Coordinator & Marketing Specialist in US

Could Not Be Happier!

Comments: Being completely new to the real estate / property management world, I had lots of questions...but because of how easy Hemlane is to navigate, it has really helped me learn everything I need to know! In addition to making things more streamlined for

Pros:

Ease of use, customer support team, organization of software

Cons:

No major issues! Just a few hiccups as this is a relatively new system...specifically with work orders, since we pay them on the same date every month, it is difficult to see at a glance which orders have been completed. It would be nice to have some kind of visible notification on each work order to show new messages, invoices added, date completed, etc. Overall, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been more than helpful with any questions!

4 years ago

Thanks, Taylor. We enjoyed helping you set up split rent payments and other features over the past weeks.

Felipe
Real Estate, Self Employed

Lots of leads fast and notifications

Comments: Phenomenal

Pros:

I really enjoyed the number of leads I got right away and the notification system when someone was interested in a showing. The tenant tracking system also worked great and easy to follow.

Cons:

Some of the features can be difficult to find at first.

11 months ago

Thanks for the review Felipe! We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying the marketing features of Hemlane. We look forward to continue working with you!

Jacob
Owner Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Easy to Use, Customer Support exceptional good

Comments: Very good!

Pros:

Customer support. Live technician! when glitches appear someone is there.

Cons:

Report can not be arranged in unit order 101-183Late fees must be able to be levied at the end of Business day on the third day, not before. (after 5:30 PM)

Dror
CEO in Israel

Hemlane is #1 solution for self managing landlords period

Comments: my overall experience is very good so far, and im teaching other people to use it as a better solution vs property management companies.

Pros:

rent collection made easy, tenant's portal, superb tenants customer support when maintenance tickets are open, great UI, these are some of the pros i managed to see in Hemlane, and have not yest touched base with marketing.

Cons:

i think there are more better solutions for accounting as far as keeping track on property income and expenses. such as Stessa. and the billing method of Hemlane is just hard to get or understand. it seems to them very easy but its not like other websites subscription.

Robert
Office Pope in US

Recent adopter

Comments: Positive! The communication has been great (sometimes overwhelming even). The disposition of all the reps is very positive. They've been sympathetic to both tenants needs/concerns and well as owner decisions.

Pros:

Maintenance management. Leasing assistance.

Cons:

I have one home where four renters share. Each pay separately, some via Hemlane, some offline. Some of the accounting / financial management has been tricky.

10 months ago

Thank you Robert for your review! We appreciate you taking time to write about our platform. We're especially glad to hear that the communication our team has with your tenants and owners has been a positive experience!

Joel
Senior Project Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Automate Your Property Management Business

Comments: The overall ease of use is exceptional. I love the ability to automatically inform my tenants of payment and assess late fees if needed. Having the ability to store my lease and walk through documents in a single place is fantastic. It has been great when I managed my properties by myself and has allowed me to scale up with a team seamlessly.

Pros:

Hemlane makes property management easy. I never need to follow up with my tenants about payment. It also makes it easy to schedule showings by sending the photos and other marketing material to 40+ sites for advertising.

Cons:

I really have no complaints. If I HAD to say something that I like least I would say that it takes some getting used to to understand where things are (navigating the interface).

Andria
Broker Associate in US

Great opportunity for Investors to save $$ and Realtors to gain new business

Comments: Small business with a large reach! The staff is second to none and I never have trouble accessing a professional from their team when needed. My clients have been really impressed with the caliber of contract help that Hemlane coordinates from showing agents like me to maintenance and repair folks.

Pros:

Software is constantly being improved with new and updated offerings. It's a simple forum in which rents can be received, maintenance requests can be made, and comprehensive marketing can be executed with syndication to all of the hottest rental sites!

Cons:

There is nothing I DON'T like about the software, though I would love to have the availability of personally branded pages for real estate agents to send to referral clients.

Paul
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Low cost property management software

Comments: Using this software allows me to manage three times the amount of properties with the same personnel. I think it is mainly designed for apartment complexes, but I rent single family residents and it works great.

Pros:

Allows me to manage more properties with less people

Cons:

Took a while to track the revenue plug in. They need to pass cc fees on to tenant

5 years ago

Thanks Paul for your review! We will adding the option for tenants to pay credit card fees this year. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to having you on Hemlane.

Hyunyoung
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Highly recommend it

Comments: I moved for my job and left my property to OneRent for rental income. And then I had to fire them because of their poor performance and lack of communication. The transition was challenging not only because I was away, but also because OneRent won't cooperate. the founder was very patient & professional to handle all the issues and bring everything back into normal. While I was struggling with OneRent, I missed the chance to rent out my place, but she was able to find a good tenant after 3 showings. There are a bit of work involved - filling a few forms and so on. But these are the things that any landlord would like to be involved or at least wants to know. There is absolute transparency in the process and the fee is substantially low. Most of all, Dana is very knowledgeable and fantastic at handling the issues. One more thing - not sure if OneRent was trying to rip me off or if the price with Hemlane experts are reasonable. In any case, I got two quotes from these two property managers for the same job and Hemlane's quote is 40% lower than OneRent. In all, I highly recommend hiring Hemlane - it is good to know what's going on and my property manager has my back.

Pros:

Transparency on the rental business and good communication channel with my tenants & property manager.

Cons:

Need some work to complete the work - not exactly full service, but it is good that I could have a control.

Thomas
Real Estate, Self Employed

Best way to dive into real estate without paying for professional management

Pros:

I love the maintenance tracking and coordination. The cost for that is well worth it.

Cons:

Financials are a little challenging. Ideally it would sync with my bank and credit card accounts. I currently use Stessa to manage my finances.

last year

Thanks for the review Thomas! We love to hear that the maintenance coordination is a highlight of your experience. With your review in mind, our team will look forward to improving our financials for all of our users!

Shaun
Marketing Director in US

Hemlame is a Great Software Partner Who Has Helped Our Business Grow

Comments: We are a full sales, leasing and property management team. We use Hemlane to market our listings and to manage our tenants and owners

Pros:

Its intuitive, easy to learn and there is great support.

Cons:

That we only found it recently, we wish we have been using it for years!

5 years ago

Thanks Shaun for your review, and our team looks forward to supporting you and your business!