United Kingdom Local product

ScreenCloud Reviews

4.9 (86) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About ScreenCloud

ScreenCloud quickly turns your TVs, iPads and other tablets into eyecatching digital signage for your business or organization.

Learn more about ScreenCloud

ScreenCloud ratings

4.8
4.8
4.6
4.6

9.3/10

ScreenCloud has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 86 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ScreenCloud before?

Fabian
Fabian
Marketing and Communications Manager in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Real-Time automated Digital Signage

Comments: It allows real-time and automated information about events and happenings at our school.

Pros:

We use screen cloud to display live Twitter and Instagram feeds throughout our Campus. The interface is clean, easy to use and accessible via a web browser from everywhere. Lots of additional app integration are available and being added regularly. The Screencloud staff is very responsive and helpful. What I particularly like is the clean design of the displayed apps. It looks very professional.

Cons:

Ideally, I would like even more customization on the look and fell of certain apps. But overall there is nothing I dislike so far.

Cameron
Intern in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees

ScreenCloud is very easy to use and the customer service is great!

Comments: I enjoy ScreenCloud a lot. It livens up the workplace and is easy to use. The customer service was great and they seem to really care about their customers.

Pros:

When looking for a digital signage software, ScreenCloud was a little bit more expensive per screen than competitors, but in my opinion, a lot more easier to understand and use. Also, uploading your own videos and pictures is easy along with scheduling times for certain playlists. The customer service was also phenomenal compared to other software. I would email someone about a question, and then 30 minutes later I would have an answer! The team at ScreenCloud was very helpful and worked with us for a while in order to make sure we understood what we were buying and to help us understand all the different parts of the software.

Cons:

The canvas feature has limited customizability and the app store doesn't have a ton of new apps. Using internal links is also not possible at the time but it seems like other services also do not have that feature. However, from talking to customer support, it seems like they are working on new apps and improvements all the time.

9 months ago

Hi Cameron, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Patrick
Communications Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees

Excellent employee communication tool!

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We have been with them for a few years and have watched them progress with updates. We like the service and appreciate their help when we have issues.

Pros:

The ease of content management for multiple locations from one platform. Easily display different information depending on the office location.

Cons:

We are testing Screencloud's OS device because of issues with Amazon's Fire Stick updates. If this works well, we will likely switch all of our screens to the OS device.

last month

Hi Patrick, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Mitch
Nunya in US
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Great potential but a lot still to develop

Comments: This is just used as our entry way marketing material. This has been more of a head ache than it should have been.

Pros:

Ease of use is a fact. I liked the layouts and basic idea of this product. That was about it.

Cons:

Needs more native apps. Not a very "smart" program (i.e. have pictures in a custom zone to a special size - this requires me to go back to marketing team to re-edit the photos down to what the app can handle. This should be done as part of the program to allow for overall easier use). While the support team is quick to respond, they missed the mark greatly in actually addressing the issues and are rather snarky when you point out the pitfalls of the program. There are misspellings in the warnings that pop-up throughout their app. It is all around a work in progress.

3 years ago

Hi Mitch, this is Adam, the Head of the Support team at ScreenCloud. I'm really sorry you've been experiencing these issues. We take your feedback seriously, so thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. We're always trying to improve our app and stay on top of an agile work environment and sometimes we don't meet the standards we want to achieve for our customers. Although we've built ScreenCloud to optimize your images to look at their best for your screens, in some cases you'll need to edit the dimensions of the image to capture the area you want to show the most. To make this easier, we've been developing a new app to help you do just that. We've also been revising our on-boarding experience to share the good practices as early as possible. I'd really appreciate it if we had a call to get to the bottom of this and also show you what we've been working on. I'll make sure to personally reach to you.

Phil
Marketing in US
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees

Easy to use, nice presentation

5.0 last month New

Pros:

A lot of our employees are not part of our email system, so using screencloud in combination with TV's scattered across the building , we are able to keep employees appraised of news, safety and HR updates.

Cons:

I think it is very eay to use, keep adding more apps!

Carissa
Communications Coordinator in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

ScreenCloud is a No Brainer!

Pros:

I brought on digital signage to our Manufacturing company as a way to reach more employees with announcements and etc. I first want to say, their customer service is top-notch! I started out with a free trial because I wanted to ensure I liked the system and wanted to ensure the back end was easy to use before we purchased it outright. I was nearing the end of my trial and they actually reached out to me and wanted to see if I would be purchasing or if I wanted to keep the trial going a little longer. I needed the trial a little longer so I could show it to my bosses to ensure it was something they could justify paying for. It's a great program and super easy to use!

Cons:

I really wish I could organize the canvases I create in the Canvas app. It would be great to be able to organize them based on sizes (because I am utilizing different layouts for different screens and that requires different sizes) Right now I have to search through all of my canvases to find the right one instead of being able to go to a specific folder.

Brian
Manager IT in Canada
Publishing, 51-200 Employees

Great Value, Ease of Use, Features, Integration and Customer Service

Comments: ScreenCloud has excellent customer service that is fast and knowledgeable. The product is constantly evolving and improving with new features and integration. They provide a lot of very useful and informational instructions and online training in both the technology and the business uses.

Pros:

The easy of use, the feature set, the integration, the customer support, and all the great training and information information provided on both the technology and business applications.

Cons:

Would be nice to have a virtual test screen feature so you can see the result of your changes before applying it to the actually screen. Right now you have to apply it to the actual screen to see the results of your change.

Jacob
IT Support in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great Signage Solution!

Comments: We have used the software to broadcast safety-related information throughout our facility. We also use it as a means of getting announcements out there for our HR and Marketing departments.

Pros:

The software is very flexible and easy to use.

Cons:

While there are a lot of apps to use and ways you can add content, it would be nice to see continued growth in this area. There also appear to be some apps that do not always work or have a sub-par quality to them.

Runar
Systems engineer in Norway
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Affordable, easily scalable and easy to use Digital Signage!

Comments: We're very pleased to be able to distribute digital signage to multiple locations, with little effort in terms of implementation, as well as eliminating the need for on-premise or LAN management.

Pros:

Great support for most OS-types, low cost, versatile in terms of deployment, easy to use for users with basic IT knowledge. Cloud managed, only need local access to internet in able to manage a remote screen.

Cons:

Required the use of a credit card, at the time of acquisition. Invoice would be better suited to our needs.

9 months ago

Hi Runar, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. I'll pass on your feedback about the acquisition payment process to our product team. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Jeff
GM in US
Sports, 11-50 Employees

Just so easy

Comments: Best, easiest and most affordable digital signage solution I have found.

Pros:

The ease of changing the signage in 1 minute I can update my information. Also the ease of putting outside up to the minute information (weather) for our course is invaluable.

Cons:

Would like a way to implement live video or animated gifs.

9 months ago

Hi Jeff, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Quinn
Electronic Communications Specialist in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best informational display system I have ever used

Comments: ScreenCloud has been a big part of providing timely information for employees in our building, as well as making our lobby space more welcoming. When I looked for a product that would help us provide information to employees in a timely manner and that was more than just a conference room schedule, I tested several options that were more expensive and harder to learn/use. ScreenCloud is the easiest to setup and the features we get for this price-point are well worth the price per screen/TV

Pros:

I've been using ScreenCloud for a few years, but just upgraded from ScreenCloud Signage to the new ScreenCloud Studio. Just in the little time I have used the new Studio version I would say it is a huge improvement over Signage with regard to ease-of-use and new features. There are several features that I like including the ability to create multiple channels and screencast emergency or other important notices and then resume normal scheduling.

Cons:

This isn't necessarily an issue with the software, but it would be nice to have some more news options pre-set in the list to choose from when setting up a live-feed of a news channel.

9 months ago

Hi Quinn, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about the news options to our product team. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Leslee
Teacher in US

Efficient app for school digital signage, always improving, & strong customer service

Pros:

I use this software for the display screens on our K-12 campus. ScreenCloud is completely web-based so it's easy for me to access it at school, at home, or anywhere else, and update on the go. At the moment, you do need to be on a desktop/laptop to access the control panel, but once you have a playlist set up, sometimes it's just a matter of updating a Google document or slide, which can be done from your phone. I wouldn't be surprised if ScreenCloud develops a mobile app soon. They are always improving their product, they're always adding new apps, and they have always provided me with excellent customer service. ScreenCloud doesn't require a huge amount of time to set up or maintain. It has a very user-friendly interface and you get instant results, especially when combined with Google slides and Canva templates. It's light. It provides the tools I need to run what is essentially a digital bulletin board for K-12 students as well as faculty and staff. I'm able to communicate and promote relevant, essential information and events effectively. I can easily display photo galleries and play video playlists of recent student activities and accomplishments. It's a great product. You can tell the developers and their customer service team care about the quality of their work.

Cons:

It'd be really convenient to have a ScreenCloud app where I can create/edit playlists and content from my phone. I like the apps that ScreenCloud has provided in their content library. It'd be great if we could customize those apps to match our school colors.

Whit
Senior Director of Marketing and Communications in US
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees

It works for us, for the most part!

Comments: We use Screencloud on 7 screen across campus to deliver information to the campus community. It is simple and easy to manage. There are a lot of additional integrations that allow you to display news, local weather, bus schedules, countdowns and really anything you would need. For our purposes, we typically run a Google Slide deck so that we can collaborate with others across campus on the content.

Pros:

The remote screen management is the most important feature of Screencloud. They have a lot of templates and integrations that we can use but we have found that the most simple integration that we can use to collaborate with various content owners is Google Slides.

Cons:

We run Screencloud on several tv screen across campus through Amazon Firesticks. Ideally, if a television is turned off, when it is turned on again, Screencloud should automatically start. It works most times but occasionally we will have to manually open Screencloud. The Firestick will also go to sleep between playlists if there is nothing scheduled which means we have to manually restart the Firestick.

5 months ago

Hi Whit, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback or learn more about solving your issues with the Firestick, please reach out to our support team at support[email protected]

Charlie
Systems Administrator in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

ScreenCloud - Basic Digital Signage for Schools

Comments: We are using this for digital signage in our school buildings. Daily updates and school spirit content are rotated on a playlist.

Pros:

The interface and setup is generally pretty easy. We have several devices running ScreenCloud across multiple buildings and once it's set up, it just works.

Cons:

The interface of the editor is a bit simplistic, and there aren't very many supported content layouts.

9 months ago

Hi Charlie, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. I'll be sure to pass on the feedback about the editor capabilities. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Danny
PSC in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees

Started with one, now they are at every location in the company.

Comments: We now have the ability to get messages out to every employee. Screencloud has improved our communication between management and the staff.

Pros:

My favorite part of Screencloud is how it stays connected using a Firestick. If the internet goes down for a minute, it reconnects when it's back up. I started with one screen at my location and corporate liked it so they expanded to 30 or so now.

Cons:

We have not been able to get our in-house employee app to sync with Screencloud.

2 years ago

Hi Danny, Thanks a lot for your review. I'm glad to see ScreenCloud has been beneficial for you and your team. I'd love to introduce you to our Account Management team. They'll be able to help you find the best way to show your in-house employee app on your screens and also share tips on how to make the most of your ScreenCloud account. Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll make sure to reach out by email with more details. Thanks a lot, Markella

Vince
Manager ICT in Netherlands
Music, 51-200 Employees

Great solution, smart apps

Comments: Marketing, and corona proofing our company.
Signs and warnings, and necessary information on keeping people safe

Pros:

Ease of use, anywhere, anytime. Apps functionality is good, some require extra payment though. You can throw anything at this content management platform and it will scale/display it.

Cons:

No feature for synchronized playback on different screens/devices. Some apps require additional subscriptions/payment. No room for mistakes, if you add a screen (iPhone or iPad)by mistake or as a test Or demo, you will be invoiced immediately.

Paul
Director of Education in US
Broadcast Media, 51-200 Employees

ScreenCloud is Awesome

Comments: We are the most unique public media company in the country, having a school in our corporate headquarters that is by day the satellite campus for Hartford's Journalism & Media | Culinary Arts | High School Inc. High School and at night, veterans and adult learners. ScreenCloud enables us to display exemplary student work and engagingly message the students, professionals and visitors.

Pros:

ScreenCloud is super easy to use throughout the process of creation, updating, uploading, posting and scheduling video, pictures and graphics.

Cons:

There could be more native functionality, rather than relying on 3rd party apps that require a separate sign-in and fee.

David F
President and vCIO in US
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Powerful Digital Singnage Simplified

Pros:

Easy to use and portal. Highly flexible and reliable operation. Many Content plugins available for simple drag and drop content extensions. Turn any consumer display device into your own high quality digital display signage. Excellent web interface for management and scheduling. Value for money and great ROI

Cons:

Would like more flexibity for admin / management from mobile devices. Additional portal roles for system admins so that they can delegate roles to power users for management of content and schedules.

Principal | Licensed Agent in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Awesomely Easy & Budget Friendly!

Comments: Overall, we are extremely happy with ScreenCloud. Incredible service and we love having some eye popping content rather than a sign. Love the ease of signing in, and may add screens!

Pros:

The options for installation. We went with an Intel Compute Stick, and it was incredibly easy to setup and operate. LOVE the many ways you can customize the screen layout, the ease of creating playlists, uploading content, and LOVE THE APPS! We use the news ticker on the bottom at all times, toss in the weather once in a while, etc.

Cons:

We initially used the Google Slides app to pull in the various images we wanted. That became problematic in grabbing the feed, so we went and uploaded the files directly. Wish it was easy to schedule, I have not had time to really optimize the scheduling feature, as it seems like it would take quite a bit of time.

Sarah
Marketing Director in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Focus on your content and they do the rest

Comments: I manage 8 screens for a restaurant/bar. The menus are constantly changing as they move on to new craft beers and wines. With ScreenCloud, I can manage all screens from home or on the go, change them when I need to and schedule how long I want it to show on the screens before changing to a screen with our specials or a screen showing what our live music will be this week. I can even change the screen on the fly when someone is celebrating a birthday to make them feel super special. The ease of use makes my job a lot more fun as I can focus more time on graphics and content rather than commuting to and from the restaurant 5 times a week to manually change the screens.

Pros:

This program is easy to use and confirms to my busy lifestyle. I can change screens from home, while I am on the go or while I am looking at the screens.

Cons:

I wish it were compatible with iPad. I can delete things through the browser on my iPad but cannot add content.

Steve
I.T.Manager in Canada
Construction, 51-200 Employees

A great product, but not competitive pricing

Pros:

We have used ScreenCloud for over a year. I always thought it was too expensive per screen. I had a need for a second screen to be added, and I came across OptiSigns. I reached out to ScreenCloud and asked about the second screen and if they could be competitive. I was told no. OptiSigns does the same thing as ScreenCloud, and even used our existing hardware (firetv stick), and is half the cost. At $10 per screen, it's a reasonable price for use to expand to more screens. So we switched.

Cons:

The cost was too high, and there are similar and better priced products available.

Bryce
Recreation Director in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees

Great Software Experience

Comments: Easy to use the software, great customer service, affordable pricing for nonprofits.

Pros:

The last update that came through was a game-changer. We have about 12 TVs throughout the city we live in, advertising events, programs, and businesses. The new software lets me easily update, schedule, and review content whenever I want.

Cons:

I had a billing issue where I was being charged foreign transaction fees on my credit card but it seems to have been resolved.

Creative Director in US
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Simple, but lacking depth.

Comments: ScreenCloud is easy to use and works well, but if you're looking for analytics, tech spec reports, quick customer service, affordability, and deep options for power/pro users, then its not the ticket. I won't recommend ScreenCloud for medium to large businesses that use multiple screens in multiple locations. This is made more for a very small business operating 1-5 screens with no need for deep options.

Pros:

The simplicity of ScreenCloud is terrific and the web-based UI is well designed.

Cons:

ScreenCloud is lacking depth in the user options and file permissions field, there are no analytics, and doesn't work well on the Android platform. For the price per screen, its not competitively priced for large deployments.

Jessica
Communications Coordinator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Flexible Community Digital Signage

Comments: I went through a two-week trial of the 2015 version of ScreenCloud and it surpassed my expectations. Shortly after, ScreenCloud Studio became available and I switched over. The Studio allows for complex scheduling, which is great. The dashboard is really intuitive and easy to use. There are ample tutorials that help me get the most out of the platform. And, there are so many apps available that I'm still finding new ones to implement.

Pros:

The functionality of this software is so diverse. I chose the software to replace an in-house TV channel with significant cost savings. Along the way, I was able to convert paper corkboards into digital displays and am now working on a touch screen kiosk for our community. Our company had been looking at using three separate vendors to accomplish these projects. This software is easy to use and the more I use it, the more features I find.

Cons:

ScreenCloud Studio is still new, and I switched over immediately so I've had a few hiccups, but the support team is extremely responsive.

Lance
InfoSec in US
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

ScreenCloud is Exactly What We Needed...

Comments: Screencloud support is extremely responsive when I had a question as well as an issue. The thing I like most about ScreenClodu is it just works. It is basically set it and forget it if that is the approach you want to take. It can also be as hands on as you want.

Pros:

The ease of use of the product, and the ability to utilize with different mediums such as FireStick and Chromecast. I also like the ability to seamlessly add content to our library, the scheduling ability and the available apps. There are just so many good things about the solution.

Cons:

I would like to see discounts for multiple screens.