About Genially

Web tool for easy creation of interactive and animated content (presentations, infographics, etc.) with templates or from scratch.

Learn more about Genially

Genially ratings

4.1

8.2/10

Genially has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 55 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Genially before?

Miguel E.
Miguel E.
Director in Panama
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Communicate your ideas with easy and high impact

4 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Without reading any instructions I was creating in no time great content to send my message to customers.

Pros:

How it lets my creativity run wild and publish ideas with ease.

Cons:

would like more white label options within their server without having to transfer the content to my own site. Sort of a white label url option.

3 weeks ago

Hi Miguel, Thanks for your positive review, it's great to hear that you're able to create stunning interactive content quickly and easily with Genially. Regarding your comments about providing a white label URL, we thank you for your feedback in this regard which has been passed to our Product team with a view to investigating the implementation of possibility in the future. We hope you will continue to make use of Genially to create amazing interactive content and will be happy to help you if you need assistance. Happy creating!

James F.
Digital Learning Coach in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees

Best Content Creation Tool Hands-Down

5 2 months ago

Pros:

As a Digital Learning Coach in the K-12 environment, Genially is my go-to any time I create content. Spending a little bit of time exploring the tool should make it obvious why. There is simply no other platform out there that can deliver this level of sleek, professional, engaging results with such a minimal time commitment and no special skills necessary. Every time I present using Genially, the general audience consensus is "WOW" every single time, and I always have people asking what tool I used. While Genially is great in many ways, I think the best thing it offers is the sheer number of customizable templates. There are literally hundreds, many of them free, and that number is constantly growing. Speaking of free, the free version of Genially is more than sufficient for someone just trying it out, unlike some other tools where the free version is so limited you are forced to pay just to use it properly. I use Genially so often and recommend it to so many people that I was invited to be a Genially Ambassador, which has provided me the opportunity to get to know some of the people working for the company. Every single one of them has been fantastic. Professional, talented, hardworking, passionate, kind, and with a growth mindset that constantly drives them to make Genially better and better. When you have the best team, you're going to deliver the best results, and Genially has most definitely figured that out.

Cons:

The only area of improvement I can think of is one I know Genially is already addressing, and that is a lack of real-time collaboration. At the present time, only one person can be working in a Genially at a time. However, I have heard that Genially plans to release the RTC feature within the next month or two, so this concern will soon be a moot point.

2 months ago

Hi James, Thank you for your 5 star review! We are happy to know that your audience is always amazed by the content you create with Genially. Our templates are a great way to achieve great results while using very little time. We are always listening to our community's suggestions on templates and adding more options to fit different uses. Regarding real-time collaboration, it is a feature in the works that will be released this year. Stay tuned! We are very thankful to have your support as an Ambassador and hope you can continue creating amazing content with Genially.

Hilary L.
Teacher Entrepreneur in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Genially Helps Make Learning Fun and Engaging

5 3 months ago

Pros:

Genially has been a game-changer for me. I can make digital escape rooms that are engaging and fun for the students. Many templates are available, but I often create other backgrounds and images to create the escape. Genially makes it easy and seamless!

Cons:

There is a definite learning curve, and it takes a little practice to understand how things work. I would like a better search/tutorial for the program.

3 months ago

Hi Hilary, Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially, it's wonderful to hear that you're able to make use of the tool to create engaging content for your students and we're sure they appreciate your efforts! Regarding your comments about the learning curve, like any tool it can take some practice to make the most of the different features available. However we endeavour to make the features of Genially as user-friendly as we can and are always open to feedback from users to make improvements in this regard. Genially's Help Center has around 150 tutorials in English, French and Spanish and we also offer free short courses in Genially Academy for users to master the tool as well as obtain certificates when the courses have been completed. Our YouTube channel also has webinars which can be viewed at any time. Here are the links to the Support Center and Genially Academy which we hope will help you: https://support.genial.ly/en/support/home https://academy.genial.ly/en

Ksenija L.
teacher in Croatia
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees

I really love Genially

5 3 months ago

Comments: Genially saved me and helped during distance learning classes. I managed to organize the whole class with the offered or my own templates. Great possibilities for embedding various contents, interesting animations and interactive elements kept the attention of my students.

Pros:

Genially has very attractive templates. I work at the school and I can always offer new interesting contents to my students. Learning and practicing is a joy and a challenge for them. They love quizzes and the Escape room, learn easily with presentations and enjoy exploring interactive images. With Genially, complete classes can be organized with all the necessary facilities. It's easy to insert pictures, music and videos. Animation of objects gives dynamism, prolongs attention and arouses children's curiosity. I love Genially because I can create my own templates, and it is possible to download individual parts from already created templates. I like the large selection of backgrounds for the site. I like that it's easy to copy and delete objects or pages.

Cons:

The only downside is that I don’t have feedback on the success of the quiz tasks solved. I solve this problem by embedding (example) Google Forms on the page. Sharing templates is easy, but it would be good if it was possible to automatically generate a QR code in the tool itself.

2 months ago

Hi Ksenija, Thank you for your 5 star review! We are glad that Genially can help you organize and create your class material, so that you can build great contents for your students. The templates are very easy to use and it is great to see that you have discovered the many ways in which you can use and combine our templates, as well as create templates of your own. Regarding the tracking of the completion of your creations, we have recently released SCORM downloads, so you can track the progress of completion via an LMS. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! There are some external tools that allow you to generate QR codes, however we will keep it in mind as a suggestion for future additions. We hope you can continue using Genially while discovering new ways of creating animated and interactive content!

Megan B.
Digital Learning Coach in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

One Stop Shop

5 2 months ago

Comments: I use Genially on a daily basis as a Digital Learning Coach. I help teachers create meaningful lessons that leverage technology. My teachers and our students love using Genially.

Pros:

Genially is a one stop shop when it comes to digital learning tools. It allows both teacher and student to create meaningful learning experiences in a variety of ways without the hassle of learning new tools. You won't find a better platform out there!

Cons:

Genially is a learning curve at first but once you master how to use it, you won't go back to anything else.

2 months ago

Hi Megan, Thank you for your 5 star review! We strive to be the go-to app for interactive content creation. Our library of resources and templates serve as a base and inspiration to let your creativity flow. Then you can add animations and interactivity. Integrations are also just a couple of clicks away. The possibilities are endless! It is great to know that you can create truly meaningful learning experiences with the tool and we invite you to keep discovering all that the tool can offer you and your audience!

Agnieszka H.
teacher in Poland
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees

Genially is my favourite ICT tool

5 3 months ago

Comments: I create Geniallys almost every day. I use them as a library teacher and a teacher trainer. It's one of main tools that I use in social media.

Pros:

I use Genially every day as a teacher, teacher trainer, social media influencer and basically I can use it for any occasion and visualise in Genially all my concepts. It's an innovative multitool. It's not just a platform that allows you to create amazing, interactive and animated presentations. It allows you to create all kinds of interactive, engaging and animated content like digital board games, instructional units, escape rooms, infographics and much more. I also love all amazing integrations e.g. with Microsoft, Google, Wakelet etc.

Cons:

I'd like to have more templates but I think I'm just greedy. They are adding new stuff al the time. It would be great to make some improvements in coworking in the same Genially at the same time.

2 months ago

Hi Agnieszka, Thank you for your 5 star review! It is great to see that you use the tool for all types of content creation. With Genially, the possibilities are endless and Presentations is just one of the multiple formats our users can create with the tool as you mention. We constantly release new templates and you can filter them by "New only" so you can check out the new releases. At the same time, we are working on a new version to bring collaborative work to the next level this year. Stay tuned!

Kathi K.
Educational Technology Specialist in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Genially: THE Premier Digital Creation Solution

5 3 months ago

Comments: Profound! When I share or present with a Genially, the engagement factor is more impactful than any other software I've used. I sometimes embed a Genially in a Word doc and just marvel at the reactions I get from recipients...they LOVE everything about the attractive graphics and interactive features. Genially is definitely a "hook" when trying to capture attention of a new customer, drive interest with interactive multlimedia consumers, or delight an audience during a presentation.

Pros:

Absolutely stunning graphics, highly engaging interactive features, variety of types of things I can create, ease of use, and the ability to stop using (and paying for) several other platforms that only do parts of what Genially can do - Genially has all the features I need.

Cons:

I'm waiting for the soon-to-be released synchronous collaboration feature, and I'm also looking forward to advancements in accessibility.

2 months ago

Hi Kathi, Thank you for your 5 star review! Interactivity and animations are definitely a great way to capture your audience's attention and keep them engaged. We are glad that you have discovered many of the possibilities you can build with the tool. Integrations are a couple of clicks away which helps to take your content to a new level! Regarding accessibility we appreciate your feedback and it is duly noted for our team. The new Genially version for Teams is coming up this year. We are thankful for your interest and invite you to subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on this feat. We look forward to seeing the amazing content you can keep creating with Genially!

Leeann P.
Consultant in Trinidad & Tobago
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Genially is a great tool for educators

5 3 months ago

Pros:

Genially makes it so easy to become a content creator without having to know coding or programming. The interactivity is amazing.

Cons:

It's not so easy to collaborate with others simultaneously

3 months ago

Hi Leeann, Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially, it's brilliant to hear that you're making incredible interactive content with us. We offer over 1000 templates within the Editor as well as the Blank creation option for those who wish to let their creativity run wild. Regarding your comments about the ease of collaboration with others, we're working on making it easier to collaborate with other users in Genially later on this year. For the moment there are still several options open to users to collaborate using Genially. First of all, the add collaborator feature available for all users allows for up to 200 people to work on a single creation (not simultaneously at the moment). We also offer the reuse option so that users can obtain a copy of a genially and modify it in accordance with their needs as well as the premium feature of sending an independent copy. All of these features can be combined in order to work collaboratively in Genially. Hope this helps!

Seth F.
Educational Technology Specialist in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Genially is TOP TIER

5 3 months ago

Comments: Genially helps me to create interactive images, stunning presentations, and other beautiful media. I love it.

Pros:

Genially is incredibly easy to use, but does not lack in power and functionality! The media library and the templates put Genially FAR ahead of other companies that offer (somewhat) similar products. With animations and interactivity included in Genially, I would choose this program over just about any other in existence. There is also a dedicated community of fellow users, and on the rare occasion that you might need support, Genially's support team has been incredible in my experience.

Cons:

There is very little that I dislike about Genially. In fact, the only thing that I can think of is not really a "con," but more of a reason to upgrade. When you upgrade to the Pro account, you get so much more access to media, templates, etc. That said, you can do a LOT with the free version.

2 months ago

Hi Seth, Thank you for your 5 star review! We are more than happy to be your #1 choice for creating amazing content. The Genially community is also a great inspiration in many ways, from their stories to the creations they have built with the tool and the help they offer to their fellow users we couldn't be more thankful for it. Your feedback regarding comments is appreciated! As you mention, the possibilities within the Free plan are quite a lot, and we have different levels of subscriptions in an effort to make it accessible to as many people as possible. We look forward to seeing you keep creating amazing content. Keep rocking!

Gema S.
Teacher in Indonesia
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

my Lovely Apps, just like me love my self

5 3 months ago

Comments: Genially is a very fun, easy to use, and friendly app. I loved genially from the beginning I got to know this app. Everything is so easy, it does not require second thought in creating or designing a presentation. Everything I needed was there, interactivity, video, embed apps, everything. How can I not love this app?
I also introduced this app to some friends at other schools, and to teachers in my country in the form of webinars. And do you know? They love this app as much as I do. We started to make a community, and joined it. Learn together, share experiences with each other. It's so much fun

Pros:

An easy-to-use application. simple but classy, elegant and perfect

Cons:

It would be very more satisfying if genially provided features that integrate with the performance of student assessments.

2 months ago

Hi Gema, Thank you for your 5 start rating! We are so happy to hear that you and your friends have built a community of your own with the use of Genially. It is amazing how interactive content can bring us together. It is very important for us to make it as easy as possible for the educational community to use the tool and get the most out of it. We have recently released SCORM package downloads for LMS integrations that should help you in keeping track of your student's progress through the materials. You can also integrate external apps to collect answers as well. We have taken note of your feedback and hope that these tips can help you for this purpose. Keep rocking!

Ebru A.
Teacher in Turkey
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

Genially made me to choose my way in education.

5 3 months ago

Comments: I'm using game based learning in my lessons. So It helped me a lot. After my workshops people who is working in a big companies they made their company presentations with Genially.

Pros:

I don't know programming so Genially was a perfect choice for me. It was very easy to manage and visuality was just for me! And now I have been using it over 2 years and I'm so happy that I could meet with Genially.

Cons:

Everything is easy only thing is that I can say making a leader board is can be integrated.

2 months ago

Hi Ebru, Thank you for your 5 star review of Genially, it's wonderful to hear that you're creating amazing interactive content with our tool, we're sure your students appreciate your efforts too! Genially is always open to suggestions from users about additional features they'd like to see added to the tool, and we've passed on your suggestion of a leader board to our team to continue improving Genially in all aspects. You can send us any other ideas you have for new features to [email protected] As a workaround solution, you may wish to embed a third party tool via HTML code which allows you to create leaderboards from answering questions etc. Hope this helps!

Simona G.
Simona G.
Primary school teacher in Romania
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees

Genially addictive!

5 2 months ago

Comments: As a teacher, I use Genially in class and it helps me a lot. I will list what helps me and what I discovered by implementing:
-create teaching resources
-I capture students' attention using Genially interactive images
-I did the planning on the platform and it was a faster process than in the physical format.
-I organize myself easier
-these are escape games from which they start and challenge the students to solve various tasks
-I created worksheets with digital completion, etc.

Pros:

Genially it is extremely easy to use, it has a beautiful interface and many features, but I love that it is interactive.

Cons:

There are no things I don't like. Genially is too good to find something.

2 months ago

Hi Simona, Thank you for your 5 star review! It is great to see that you have discovered the many uses that you can give to the tool. From planning to organizing your tasks and projects, and creating amazing interactive content, you can do it all! We invite you to keep creating amazing content with Genially to share with your audience. Keep rocking!

Justyna Z.
teacher in Poland
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Just Genially

5 3 months ago

Comments: If you want to impress your students - Genially is for you!

Pros:

I have been using Genially for over four year now and this app can still surprise me! Everything, what you create on Genially, can be interactive and it's always likable for students. It's great for every class, because you can create lots of different works like escape rooms, games, presentations, interactive videos and many more. It's a fun, engaging, very intuitive and satisfying tool.

Cons:

Really nothing :) Genially is really genially!

2 months ago

Hi Justyna, Thank you for your 5 star review! It is great to know that you have worked with the tool for so long and that you keep discovering new ways of creation amazing content with Genially. We are happy that your experience has been fun and intuitive and we are sure your students can see the result of your efforts. Keep rocking!

Kate S.
Program Manager in US
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

Genially is a game-changer!

5 3 months ago

Comments: I have been able to create engaging resources, for our district-wide professional development, effortlessly. As educators use our PD resources we are constantly asked how we make our materials interactive and aesthetically appealing. That's when we introduce educators to Genially and all that it offers.

Pros:

Genially is so intuitive that learning the software is actually a fun process.

Cons:

From my end it takes a while for Genially to load, whether entering the site or choosing a project to load. This could just be because of Genially's popularity.

3 months ago

Hi Kate, Thank you for your 5 star review, it's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the tool and that it's making the content creation process fun for you too. Regarding your comments about the tool loading slowly, this might be due to something as simple as a slow internet connection issue or a plugin such as a VPN interfering but we'd need more information in order to ascertain the cause of the issue. If you're having difficulties then feel free to contact our Support team via the email address [email protected] and we'll be happy to offer further guidance to resolve the matter for you.

Natalia G.
Teacher in Greece
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A great application with many features

5 3 months ago

Pros:

Love this application, I create so easily projects for my lessons with feedback and my students love it. The extensions are great and easy to use

Cons:

I have nothing that i don't like about this application

3 months ago

Hi Natalia, Thank you for your 5 star review, it's great to hear that you're enjoying the use of our tool, we're sure that you've transformed your lessons to make them even more interactive and engaging thanks to Genially. Keep up the great work!

Melissa S.
Learning & Development Business Partner in France
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Product for Trainings

5 7 months ago

Comments: Amazing, just the product I needed to create interactive and visually pleasing training programs and presentation.

Pros:

Genially is very easy to use (the UX of the platform is great) and the different type of options to create are vast. I'm using this tool to create trainings and then integrate that into our LMS and I'm able to do things quickly and have them looking really professional.

Cons:

The permissions and rights are a bit complicated especially if you need to work on a document at the same time. I find it hard to transfer files between users and teams and then I learned I needed to change my plan.

6 months ago

Hi Melissa, Thank you so much for your kind words about Genially! At the moment it's not possible for more than one user to be editing a genially at the same time (consecutive edition of a genially is possible), but we're working on offering this feature in the future. In any case, you can mark a genially as reusable or send a copy (premium feature) to work collaboratively in Genially. It's great to hear that you're happy working with the tool, we hope you'll continue to enjoy creating incredible interactive content with us and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to do the same

Anais K.
Trainer in France
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Nice presentation and infographic

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I can make nice infographics easily, they have a lot of beautiful templates. I like the presentations too, it's esay to add images from stock

Pros:

The templates for infographics : I use them mostly to illustrate my posts on social media

Cons:

The media are nice but not easy to search, and they could add more

last month

Hi Anais, Thank you for your 5 star review! We are glad to know that our templates have been a great ally for your when creating beautiful content. Your feedback regarding our resources is greatly appreciated. You can search for keywords to find matching elements. We'd like to know a bit more about the resources you'd like to see. You can write us at [email protected] We invite you to keep creating beautiful and interactive content with Genially!

Ana del v H.
college profesor in Venezuela

good tool to make presentations more interactive without having to make software installations.

5 4 years ago

Comments: the main benefit was to be able to make presentations and infographics with several interactive elements in a collaborative way in a very visually pleasing way and be able to share it easily in other websites and social networks.

Pros:

It allows to make presentations, infographics and didactic resources endowed with interactivity for free. You can work collaboratively with other users simply by inviting them with the email address with which they are registered in the application. the editor is easy to use, the elements are placed by dragging and dropping. You can share what you have done through the most popular social networks such as facebook, twitter and g +, in addition to which you can insert as iframe or script in other pages. The free plan does not limit the number of creations you can make or the number of elements you can include.

Cons:

to download the video resulting from your creation you must hire the pro plan that is paid, also to customize the logo, the loader and the seo tags. the animations of the elements do not have the clear synchronization options, they are limited in comparison of products like powerpoint. in the edition the functionality of the blocking of elements must be used because if an element is deleted it can not be recovered with the undo option. the names of the elements in the layered design mode makes it difficult to identify them because the same names are repeated without an automatic numbering.

Theo S.
Theo S.
CEO in Greece

Genially, what a great surprise

5 2 years ago

Comments: Excellent. So far I love it and I think it's gonna help me a lot with the promotion that I need.

Pros:

I was looking for an easy software for designs etc. and I happened to find genially on the Net. I like it's ease of use and its features and all that it has to offer for free. Also the Pro version is not that expensive so I am thinking about it.

Cons:

I would like that it can interact with other programs especially email managers, which I am using a lot. Like SendinBlue.

Daniela M.
Daniela M.
Coordinadora de Imagen y Promociones in Venezuela

this tool allows to create attractive visual content for social networks

4 4 years ago

Comments: It really is more its positive characteristics, because it allows you to create presentations and visual material of high quality and like a professional

Pros:

the best advantage is that it allows you to create presentations, publications and attractive and professional visual content if you do not use advanced design tools you can also give life to your ideas and leave a good impression on people who visit your website or see your work

Cons:

there are very few disadvantages one of them could be that sometimes visualize the content of my publications on the cell phone may be inconvenient because they seem to be not adapted and I must change the configuration to view the files

Joseph manuel B.
Joseph manuel B.
Software developer in Costa Rica
Computer Software, Self Employed

If you need a presentation, Geneally is for you

5 10 months ago

Comments: Of all the presentation software, Geneally has been
one of the best that I have been able to use, since it has a great variety of templates, both
professionals, as informal and oriented towards greater interactivity.
It has a great advantage in the market and more for its easy
use, so you can learn to use it in a very
easy. Highly recommended.

Pros:

- Lots of editing tools. - It has many animations. - Many opportunities to create a nice presentation and eye-catching. - High professionalism - Exceptional graphic quality. - Very cheap and convenient.

Cons:

- Has some problems with audio playback, depending on the quality of the recording. - It has great packages, but few templates for the freemium version.

10 months ago

Hi Joseph, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing that you enjoy using Genially for your presentations!

Kristina L.
Kristina L.
Teacher in Croatia

Most beautiful ingenious tool for creating interactive content

5 7 months ago

Comments: I love working with it. Fun and engaging. I love creating graphics (interactive or not) with Genially. I don't have to worry that it won't look good because it will.

Pros:

I LOVE the designs, colors and animations. It's visually very appealing, clean and cute.

Cons:

I don't know what I like the least. I could name something I don't use as much but I really like everything. Genially is the all-in-one tool.

6 months ago

Hi Kristina, Thank you so much for your kind words about Genially! It's wonderful to hear that you're happy working with the tool, we hope you'll continue to enjoy creating incredible interactive content with us and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to do the same

Arman A.
operator in Armenia
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Genially?

5 3 years ago

Pros:

This software has several functions, not only creating presentations but also one can create his own brand logo or get some inspiration from the respective section with such content of templates. One can use either simple one coloured backgrounds or images which are of great quality. There can be added also interactive elements such as buttons, social media icons and so on, all of good quality.

Cons:

Now about cons which this software has: only some part of the templates are free and generally apart of templates there are also some features that are not offered for free, but the greatest con is that you can't save your presentations, which is a premium feature.

Maria R.
Lawyer in Portugal
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Awful Customer Service

1 2 years ago

Comments: Really bad

Pros:

It looks good but some basic functionalities don't work as they should

Cons:

There functionalities not working properly when downloading the infographic to a pdf (p.e. bullets going out of format and images overlapping letters and moving from the original place). The company didn't help, didn't acknowledge there was a problem on their side and didn't offer a refund. Really bad customer service for a company that is starting when their competitors are happy to really help and provide support.

2 years ago

Hello, We're sorry that you were displeased with the support received. I have reviewed your conversation with our support team. We need to be able to see your geniallys in the case that any problems have occurred to be able to compare the originals with the PDF version, otherwise it's not possible for us to see when there's a real problem or what might be causing it. Because you deleted those geniallys before sending us your complaint, making this comparison wasn't possible. Regardless of whether you choose to switch tools, which is an option open to everyone, it is a good idea to keep your originals when asking a support team for help. Have a nice day, and thanks for your feedback.

April joy M.
April joy M.
Senior Instructional Designer in US
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees

Versatile and easy to use

5 3 years ago

Comments: Superb product! Highly recommended.

Pros:

It's ahead of the game. I love this tool and I use the free version in creating dynamic, responsive content.

Cons:

I hope we can link texts on a page without having to use the interactions.