15 years helping British businesses

About Airtable

Empower teams to build apps that connect the organization and drive outcomes—no code needed.

Learn more about Airtable

Pros:

It is easy to understand, configure, and use. Customer service is great.

Cons:

The UI is still slightly complicated, and I had a lot of trouble finding documentation on linked fields.

Airtable ratings

4.4
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Airtable has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 1,984 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Airtable before?

Filter reviews (1,984)

Karin
Karin
Executive Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Airtable is Excel on Steroids

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love what Airtable can do. Our theatre company is looking into using airtable for managing our audition profiles and creating a single depository for all director's evaluations.

Pros:

Airtable is robust! So many features, so many different ways to showcase data and to take the same info but optimize its presentation. It has an unlimited number of uses and could be valuable to any industry.

Cons:

Airtable has a steep learning curve. Even seasoned Excel power users can get overwhelmed trying to learn all the different features, functions and ways of utilizing Airtable.

Marina
Bookkeeper and Permit Coordinator in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great Spreadsheet Alternative

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am very pleased. We currently use it for several important databases and it works fantastic.

Pros:

The color coding is the best feature by far

Cons:

Nothing yet, so far this software is exceeding expectations

Computer Games

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Comments: Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Pros:

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

Cons:

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Game changerl

Comments: Overall experience has been great to be honest

Pros:

This product has been a game changer for my company. Being an Ecommerce business with inventory and teams. It has made it easy to set up bases, automations, dashboard to track a lot. It has made order management so seamless for easy for my teamm less clutter and so many features that has helped the business. Love that I can create multiple bases.

Cons:

It has evolved over the years with their updates. But I think the dashboard can be better. They can definitely take a few features from clickup especially with things like tracking and notes.

Traci
Blogger Content Creator in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Full of features with lots of customization

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

All the cool features are synced together in one software program. I love how it is a spreadsheet but you can customize it with so many other options such as attachments, links, text boxes, images, dates, etc.

Cons:

It has a steep learning curve. Two years later I am still trying to figure out all the great features.

Craige
Craige
Owner in St Lucia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Decent for simplier needs

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Decent for what we needed it for. The platform works well

Pros:

ease of setup and use when you become familiar

Cons:

no offline version, lock-in, some integrations aren't seemless to setup

Sayma
Sayma
It Technician in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Easy to manage tasks

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great I had no issues with the way I was using it (for task management).

Pros:

I like how you can view tasks in different modes. For example, Calendar, Lists, Kanban etc. It makes it really customisable.

Cons:

It would be good if there was an option to add some stickers or something to make it more visible when a task is done.

Amanda
Amanda

Airtable for Database use

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Airtable has the most customized options to use as a database as an alternative to Google Sheets or similar products. It's very user friendly. It has a pretty robust free plan.

Cons:

It has a very robust free plan, but once you jump to the paid version, it's very expensive.

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
Freelance Writer in US
Telecommunications, Self Employed

Fantastic Product for Any Project

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I use Airtable to organize any kind of database I need. Airtable makes it really easy to filter with tags so I find what I need.

Cons:

I wish Airtable had some more flexible design option. That said, it works really well for what I need.

Brendon
Brendon
Associate Financial Rep in US
Insurance, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Very good for projects

5.0 last month New

Pros:

If you have a few projects that you manage by yourself and would want to be very detailed, this would work for you.

Cons:

It works as described and nothing cons at the moment.

Delia
Delia
Startup founder in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Why I use Airtable to store my data

Comments: I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Pros:

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Cons:

When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Tyler
Director of Data and Outcomes in US
Philanthropy, 501–1,000 Employees

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Comments: Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

Pros:

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

Cons:

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

Mayank
CEO, Founder in Netherlands
Animation, 2–10 Employees

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Comments: Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros:

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons:

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

alia
Digital marketing mgr in US
Apparel & Fashion, 51–200 Employees

Our Content Calendar!

Comments: Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros:

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one. We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons:

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from. Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Steve
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Literally Use It For Everything - And LOVE It!

Pros:

I own 3 different businesses, an instrument manufacturing business, marketing agency, and automotive wheel repair business - very different I know haha. Airtable is completely vital for every single one AND for all the clients I manage in there as well on top of personal use. I literally use Airtable for everything from lead management to production management and tracking to home projects. Here are a few key things I love, 1. How easy it is to use. I can create a custom database/spreadsheet/whatever so incredibly fast even on my phone! 2. The capability of Airtable is amazing. The fact that I can use it for a simple to do list with some more advanced ability all the way to tracking inventory for thousands of items, building quotes, tracking where different drum kits are in the production process and what still needs to be done or ordered then creating a purchase order from that all within 1 table - for FREE - is absolutely amazing to me. 3. The referral credits and program is awesome! 4. Collaboration is very easy and I love how you can have a conversation with the team even on each record. it makes creating new advertising campaigns or taking with my team about a specific drum kit etc. so easy. 5. It updates everywhere so fast so I can keep tabs on my different teams in real time and see if they need anything. I can't say enough good things about Airtable.

Cons:

The only con for me is the price. Once you move to paid forms its not expensive at first but once you add team members and add more bases it can get out of hand very fast. I have been able to run everything for free for years but I do wish we could utilize things like their app market or different colors etc. but I just cant justify the price.

Miles
Self in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Airtable is our daily driver and trusted data keeper

Comments: Overall Airtable is a great product that we will continue to use because the alternative, competitive products simply do not have the feature set, and are even more difficult to learn. We find that with Airtable we can be as productive as possible in a reasonable amount of time, and feel secure that our data is safe.

Pros:

Airtable, once learned, is simple to use for data collection, data management, and reporting. We like being able to build custom forms, quickly, to add data to records and it makes our employee's jobs easier. The mobile features are strong and allow us to get work done on the road by phone, and we feel like our data is safe and accessible.

Cons:

Airtable has a learning curve for admin and users. Not to say this is Airtable's fault, but to say Airtble is "plug and play" would be false. This learning curve has proven time consuming and creates delays when onboarding new employees who's strength is not data management platforms.

Sarah
Director of Marketing in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

The Google Sheet of your dreams

Comments: There is a slight learning curve, but I found Airtable to be really customizable to your unique needs and also your unique perspective on how to use the software. Being able to change the views a zillion different ways and filter accordingly makes it easy for anyone on our team to jump in, find the information they need and organize their own work in a way that makes the most sense to them.

Pros:

I love that Airtable largely functions (at least visually) like an Excel doc, which so many of us use to organize ideas and plan projects in a grid form. It maintains that structure but seriously levels up what you can do with the information you put in it.

Cons:

There have been times when I did miss the simplicity of a Google Sheet/Excel in organizing my information, like being able to merge cells or intersect certain columns/rows visually, but not by the data itself. I wish there was an option that could give you an Airtable view that functioned like a flat excel doc if you needed it to.

Adnan
Adnan
Digital Marketing Specialist in Türkiye
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

All-in-one product for marketing & information management

Pros:

We use Airtable as almost anything. If you are familiar with Airtable, you know that it can be anything. Just to name a few: Marketing task management Document and resource listing Forms for recruiting or surveys Content planning CRM Documenting any sort of research Visualising simple data Expense tracking

Cons:

Airtable's some of the premium features are not very clear. So sometimes you have to stuck in some free features without knowing that you are already over capacity. However, using this product with free option for about 2-3 years in 2 different company so far. It's great! I also use Airtable for personal stuff like school applications, job hunting, and document/resource listing.

Program Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Seamless Organization and Automation

Comments: Airtable has transformed our workflow. It lets us organize, manage, and automate our projects and tasks in a way that's tailored to our unique needs. The customization options are endless, and we've created the perfect interface for every project. We plan to continue to expand our use of Airtable and are actually now hiring a new team member to look after data, which I suspect will further our use of Airtable.

Pros:

We love Airtable's outstanding automation and linking features. Automating repetitive tasks and connecting our data to other platforms has been a breeze, saving us a lot of manual work. The interface is so user-friendly that it hardly feels like we're dealing with a database. We can easily create custom views for different projects, and it's great to be able to adjust the interface to meet our specific needs. I personally really like the calendar and kanban views, and the easy to build dashboards and highly flexible interfaces. These have allowed us to modernize old processes.

Cons:

Initially, there was a bit of a learning curve with Airtable. But once we got the hang of it, the possibilities seemed endless and we want to integrate it even further into our work. The only real con we’ve encountered has to do with the need to add collaborators to a base, and accordingly the cost associated with this.

Kelly
Kelly
Design Engineering Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent application integration and fast database creation

Comments: Using Airtable, we are able to consolidate data for teams working in different locations, ensuring that everyone always has access to the most up-to-date information. I can organize and analyze seemingly impossible data on a spreadsheet with the help of Airtable, and I can even perform some really deep reasoning without knowing how to code.

Pros:

I appreciate the adaptability. With the help of drop-down menus, department-specific colors, and the ability to sort data by any number of criteria, I can easily organize my data into useful chunks. Though I'm only just getting started with Airtable, I'm enjoying my time with it and am looking forward to learning all there is to know about it.

Cons:

It can be cumbersome to keep track of which users have access to certain databases and tables, therefore you may prefer to use a different platform when communicating with stakeholders.

Devlyn
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

Comments: I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features. I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Pros:

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features. It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook. The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include. You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Cons:

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level. One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Mathias
Mathias
The Chewbacca of EdTech in Denmark

Helped us understand complex projects

Comments: I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that. When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation. It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable. With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Pros:

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc. Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it. We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes. An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Cons:

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

karan
Digital Marketing Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Powerful Collaboration tool, I just love it

Comments: I have had a positive experience with Airtable so far. I have been using it for a few months now and have found it to be a great tool for organizing and managing data. It is easy to use and understand and allows me to quickly and easily create and update databases. I also appreciate the ability to customize tables and views to fit my needs. The customer service has been helpful and responsive when I have had questions or issues. Overall, I am very satisfied with Airtable.

Pros:

1. Easy to Use: Airtable is a user-friendly software that is designed to make it easy to create and manage databases. It has a drag and drop interface that allows users to quickly create tables, add fields, and enter data. 2. Flexible: Airtable offers a wide range of features that can be used to customize and manage databases. It is also compatible with a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, and desktop. 3. Collaboration: Airtable makes it easy to collaborate with others on projects. It allows users to share tables, collaborates in real time, assign tasks, and manage projects. 4. Security: Airtable has a variety of security measures in place to keep data safe. It offers encryption, two-factor authentication, and other tools to ensure that data is secure. 5. Integrations: Airtable can be integrated with a variety of third-party applications, such as Google Sheets, Slack, and Zapier. This makes it easy to extend the functionality of Airtable and automate processes.

Cons:

1. Limited customization options - Airtable does not offer as much customization as some other platforms.2. Limited features - Airtable does not offer features such as reporting, advanced analytics, and workflow automation.3. Limited mobile support - Airtable does not offer a mobile version of its interface.4. Limited scalability - Airtable is limited in its ability to scale, as it can only handle a certain number of records and fields.5. High cost - Airtable is one of the more expensive options for database software.

Patrick M
Patrick M
Sr. Engineering Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Powerful software to organize our workflow and manage projects and tasks.

Comments: We can keep all of the information from many platforms together and constantly up to date, which cuts down on the time it takes to search Google or Outlook because it's already in Airtable. He has been an amazing performer in my field of work in tracking our workflow, allowing us to handle project information more efficiently and construct easy programs for our clients and ourselves without coding, nothing complicated. We can configure access levels for different users and build custom views in Airtable, which has helped us keep track of our equipment, calibrations, supporting papers, and manuals.

Pros:

The capacity you have got to speed up work and open potential with effective apps that interface your information, workflows and groups, makes collaboration more effective and makes a difference keep a great record of all exercises performed during work . What I just like the most around Airtable is its client interface since it takes after that of a spreadsheet; it has made it simpler to get it, I like its effortlessness and the wide assortment of apparatuses it offers; permits you to effortlessly make basic programs and custom databases in minutes without coding. It's a awesome out-of-the-box arrangement for those looking to upgrade from Exceed expectations and Google Docs, my company was seeking out for a stage to store and oversee numerous of our information sets and workflows.

Cons:

Some tools or settings are still in the Beta phase, which might cause some confusion; although being straightforward and simple to use, some features impose a tiny learning curve, and the mobile application interface is not that simple. We began utilizing Airtable for a single solution but it was incredibly expensive; as we worked out how to utilize it for many more applications, the expense became justified.

Main tool

Comments: When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Pros:

Easy start. Speedy app. Flexible uses. Customizable. Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use. Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources. Constantly evolving. Strong learning resources available.

Cons:

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.