pretty good software but very difficult to understand how to configure

Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Mark R.
senior programmer
Customer Support

Pros: the dashboard panel and the ability to tell what the hit ratio is on the e-cache is great. that is an example of how I wish they all worked. it knows we should know that and it seemed to automatically start showing that without me needing to do anything.

Cons: trying to figure out what it means to "configure a monitor" - I don't mind seeing the code it is going to execute - but I have a hard time figuring out any details about intended or typical usage. I cannot tell whether they are indicating hints on how to configure the my.ini file, whether the my.ini needs a certain setting to activate or what the expert would do to set up that certain monitor. having them separate is fine, allowing granular configuration. my hope is a far more turn-key rev that opens up knowing that we want to see db throughput, e-disk usage, any kind of errors (I have tried but failed to figure out how to link MySQL error log to MonYog), and a better way to look at queries or other system activity that is not operating as efficiently as it *should*. I will say, it is difficult for this level of admin software to be made simple, when it really isn't simple. I'm primarily a developer and don't have formal db admin training. I would like to use Monyog to know that everything is running properly and I'd like to know common sense nips and tucks that could be very helpful in gaining maximum performance from the db. to be honest, I would probably be willing to pay a consulting fee for someone to help take the mystery out of implementation in a way that gets my configuration of monyog improved. thanks!

by Webyog on 03/11/2017

Thank you Mark for taking your time to review Monyog. We really appreciate your feedback and our team would love to help you out at all points.

Monyog ships with various monitor/advisors that would certainly help you to fine tune your servers and optimize the performance. For e.g., If there is a root user without password, then this is something that needs attention and Monyog alerts for critical issues like this.

You can also add new monitors by writing JavaScript expressions to compute the value to monitor specific server parameters.

And to enable MySQL Error Log monitoring in Monyog and use the Monitor group "MySQL Logs" to monitor your error log. You can refer to our documentation for further information.
[http://docs.monyog.com/].

SQLYog great for manging SQL DBs

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Ilan P.
QA Engineer
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: SQLYog allows us to quickly check our databases and has enough depth of functionality to run our mor complex requests

Pros: Simple, quick access to our databases. The interface is simple and clean

Cons: Sometimes it is unclear that my editor is not pointed to a particular database so my queries don't work

Monyog is simple to use. Webfrontent provides consistent access independently of operating system.

Reviewed on 18/02/2018
Tobias F.
Chief Development Officer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Every time somebody changed a configuration variable i get notified.
We can simply compare configuration on (galera, drbd) clusters

Pros: - Web based
- Integration of most often needed metrics
- role based access control
- ldap integration
- easy comparision of server configurations
- e-mail based notifications of configuration changes

Cons: - high load when ssh connection is not available
- high storage consumption (udo.data) although only 7 days of history is stored.
- private ssh keys have to be entered for each monitored server
- errors in context popups, e.g. Monitors->Innodb Cache->Cache misses (shows html sourcecode instead of popup), same error on other places too.

Incredibly easy to setup and use. Amazing product and affortable to boot!

Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Renny K.
CTO
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Visibility into database usage and queries so that our tech team can proactively monitor and optimize our db as well as our application code.
Reduce number of incidents caused by DB issues.

Pros: The realtime capture of queries and slow query analysis has been a boon.
The ability to look at and alert based on db performance and other metrics assists our team to head off issues before they happen
The ability to look at historical queries and performance is great
BEAUTIFUL WEB UI!

Cons: I wish there was a clustered/redundant option that would allow us to replicate the captured data, in case one machine dies.
It's a bit slow at times when pulling up longer captures that are setup using the realtime capture feature.

by Webyog on 02/11/2017

Thanks for the review, we are happy to know that you're able to effectively monitor in real-time. We would also certainly look into your request.

For MySQL is the best GUI Tool

Reviewed on 30/05/2018
Carlos alberto P.
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Very easy to use, software so predictable , user don't need much knowledge about SQL to use this, its a great tool very powerful, graphic and have more options that competition.

Cons: It's a great software, i can't say very much problems, the constant publicity of their seminars web (webinars) is a shame, only that

Awesome!!Can't find out such reliable tool at this price

Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Database infrastructure Engineer
Customer Support

Pros: UI and Tracking of Queries in real-time without enabling performance schema, ability to view historical data.

Cons: need improvement to get more insight view about security and Database privileges changes and their details in brief.

Monyog

Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Engineering Manager
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: MONyog looks like the beginnings of a nice offering, though ultimately I am unlikely to use it since it’s not Free Software. The most important advantages over other monitoring systems, in my opinion, are the simplicity and ease of use, the agent-less installation, and customizability.

Cons: MONyog looks like the beginnings of a nice offering, though ultimately I am unlikely to use it since it’s not Free Software. The most important advantages over other monitoring systems, in my opinion, are the simplicity and ease of use, the agent-less installation, and customizability.

DBA's best friend.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Vamshi M.
Database Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is very easy to use monitoring solution for all database checks. Alerting and configuration settings are made real easy. A very cool GUI with clear dashboards. excellent support team that responds right away for any questions you have!

Cons: Monyog should conduct some technical webinars every time it releases the new features and versions and let the users know about its benefits

The tool is very fast and user friendly. We love the advice section.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Rajiv K.
Corporate Officer
Customer Support

Pros: The graphical user interface is very user friendly. The tool loads fast and the graphs are helpful. I most like the feature with the red / yellow / green tips on what may not look correct in a given configuration. Agentless is also nice as to not add additional bloat to servers.

Cons: Mostly, I like everything so far. I wish we had lifetime upgrades and not one that expires after 12 months. Otherwise, the tool seems pretty good so far. Keep up the good work.

by Webyog on 16/03/2018

Thank you Rajiv! We are happy to hear that Monyog made monitoring quick and easy for you.

Gives me clear and quick insight to how the MySQL servers in our environment are running.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Wayne L.
Chief Systems Architect
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use! Provide the appropriate credentials and you're off and running! Very simple to setup and maintain. We're very happy with Monyog!

by Webyog on 31/10/2017

Thanks Wayne! We are glad to hear that Monyog made monitoring easy for you.

Great tool at a great price!

Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Zach G.
Sr. Director - IT Services
1,001-5,000 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: The ease of use and flexibility cant be beat, especially at this extremely competitive price point.

Needed something to monitor replication on some MySQL servers. Only viable solution I could find.

Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Erwin H.
Head Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ability to monitor replication on several MySQL servers.

Pros: Easy to setup and use. Have had no issues with it. I don't have to actively watch it: I can set alerts to notify any time a specific condition is met.

Cons: I dislike that it runs in a localized web server - but that's just a minor dislike. As long as it remains functional, I don't care what they use for the UI.