Filter by:

• Overall

About Jolt

Jolt is an app-based software used to manage daily operations and hourly workers, giving real-time feedback to owners and managers.

Learn more about Jolt

Anna W.
Team member
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"Great!"

Pros: This application is great for accountability! It is very organized and easy to use.

Cons: There are no cons to this software. I have enjoyed the use of it.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Nicole P.
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Great Experience"

Comments: I was approached by Jolt to try their product. No other locations from my company have tried this company so I had no comparisons or reviews. After checking around, the price made it worth the investment. Once we received the product it has changed our process in a positive way. The main features we use include the List, Labels, and Schedule. We were using hand written labels before Jolt because other company labeling equipment was too expensive. With our past hand written labels faced issues with labels falling off, unable to read the hand writing, and the employees did not do a great job looking for items that expired. With Jolt the labels stick to the container very well, is has the expiration written on the label making it more simple for my employees, and there's no question about date or time.
We were using paper copies for our multiple list (Typically 6-8 list per day) List would disappear, become dirty, or just not be completed. Jolt has made this task more simple with the added feature of a log book making communication easier to all of the employees. This has reduced our usage of paper, toner, and extending the life of the drum for our printer. I can easily access all list and review a date, time, and employee that completed the list. This helps cut down on my time used for performance reviews.
The scheduling section has also been great. Employees can use a free app from their phone to view schedule and submit request. Creating schedules is easier and more time efficient. The only option I would like added would to be able to view the schedule and my request side by side before I approve the request. With the current process I have to look at the request and then go to the schedule to see if I am able to accommodate the request. I do have 35-40 employees with a majority those being college students with school schedules and personal request to try to work with.

Pros: How it has helped the store become more efficient.

Cons: I need labels I can adjust or have available for Raw Chicken to have all the information required by headquarters on one label.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Matthew M.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2017

"Jolt has revolutionised the operational aspects of our business."

Comments: - Increased efficiency
- Accountability
- Tangible statistics on operational performance
- Ability to compare site performance
- Notifications when important tasks aren't completed
- Improved communication with team
- Ability to support management team without being on site
- Flexibility to easily change operations
- Autonomy for management team to create their own lists to improve the running of the stores
- Complete visibility of the operations in the business
- Streamlined scheduling

Pros: Prior to Jolt, two of the biggest frustrations in our business were time spent on scheduling and finding out that simple operational tasks had not been completed. Jolt has solved both of these issues. The employee app with functionality to set availability, request shift swaps and holidays has streamlined the whole scheduling process and freed up important management man-hours. The lists functionality is invaluable and has revolutionised the operational aspect of the business. Being able to create tasks ranging from daily cleaning right up to annual audits has allowed us to pre-plan the whole year knowing that nothing will be forgotten. The notifications and review section has created accountability that would not be possible without this software. I never imagined we would have such control and visibility of the day to day running of the business.

Cons: I believe a few tweaks could be made to the time clock and scheduling and I would love to see an area specifically made for inductions and training.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2017
Luke T.
Hospitality Director
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2017

"Streamlined Management Processes"

Comments: Cost savings on labels.
Time saving on tasks.
Team is more motivated.
Training is easier with a streamlined process.
Food safety is easier to implement with simple labeling process.

Pros: Jolt takes your everyday tasks and lets you create checklists that managers and team members can complete while at work.
Team can earn points for each task completed, helping to create motivation.
Jolt food date labels are extremely cost effective (we saved on labels alone after switching from another labeling company).
The wireless printer is awesome! Print from any connected iPad in the store.
We were able to get rid of all the different binders and papers we had and just go with a single iPad in the managers' station.

Cons: I would like to see better development on scoring. I would like to be able to view score in a category (such as cleanliness) and compare this week to the week before or last month to current month. Scoring is a huge opportunity that needs more development! Also, there's no way to "clear" a checklist without checking it off (sometimes leads to someone just checking everything off to clear the list). Once a list is no longer applicable, it would be better to just clear it rather than having to check every item.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2017
Caitlyn P.
Center Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2017

"Jolt Review"

Comments: The support staff has been beyond amazing in supporting our company's first few months on Jolt. She is extremely helpful and doesn't mind walking us through various process multiple times. Jolt is great because of how much it offers, and how many functions you can use it for. However, although she has gone through and helped us out immensely and spent a lot of time getting us started, this system is not easy to use right away. Most functions have so many steps and options that it becomes confusing and overwhelming. I would like Jolt more if it was more user friendly. Overall the product is great, I would like it more if it didn't take so long to figure out and didn't have so many complex options.

Pros: It is a one stop shop for many business needs. Jolt offers so many different functions that make streamlining everything easy.

Cons: This software is more complex and difficult to navigate than any software we have ever used. I don't care for how the scheduling is set up. For example, if we want to change one person's shift, you must first unlock the schedule, change the persons shift, and then publish the schedule again, which notifies every single employee every single time someone else's schedule gets changed. On when to work, all you have to do is click on that person's shift, change it, and once you hit save only they receive the notification.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2017
Justin G.
Owner/President
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2018

"Very practical software for any business needing to organize staff schedule"

Comments: ease of use and organization

Pros: Ease of use to create and send out the staff schedule and the fact that it's mobile friendly for all the staff to use anywhere. Nobody can miss a shift because everyone carries a phone these days :)

Cons: When creating a template for the whole staff schedule and using it for a following week, you're able to easily create the template but implementing it in the following week doesn't allow the shift blocks to be assigned to the same people as the previous week. The shift blocks copy over but don't get inserted under each employee as was copied from the template creation feature.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2018
Samantha M.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2018

"Jolt"

Pros: Jolt is very easy to use and their staff are available for help whenever needed. We find it's super productive for keeping staff on track with the lists feature.

Cons: We often find difficulties with the printer and troubleshooting it when necessary, which is a few times a week as of late.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2018
Cheryl E.
Restaurant Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2017

"Well worth the money and absolutely perfect support"

Pros: This software is indeed an user friendly software, yet it is also very powerful. The first time I was introduced to this software, I thought I would take a long time to learn because this software has so many features. Well, I was wrong, I took only a solid 1 week to build all of the basic things and use the software fully. My super helpful trainer, helped me to get through all of the introduction process and trained me so that I can start using the software ASAP. Knowing that building an account from zero was not easy, but He really supported me all the way. Big thanks to him that I am now able to operate this software maximally and teach my colleagues to use this software as well. This software is highly recommended specially for the Food and Beverage Industry.

Cons: This software does not provide other languages (besides English) for the users, so it will be difficult to use for the users that are not English-spoken.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2017
Lydia M.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Like the product, want to see where it grows"

Comments: I really enjoy using this service. One thing I would say is that it's not super intuitive for staff. I don't know why, I think it's just intimidating to work around the site. One feature we'd like to use more is the announcements, but since we don't use that timeclock, it's a pain to ensure employees are clocking in/out. Also- a management review feature would be nice. They could do a walkthrough on the list the next day. Add or remove points, make comments, etc. I wish there was a way for staff to see comments when they login.

Pros: Accountability made easy. I don't have to reprint to do checklists all the time.

Cons: It's not always intuitive for staff. The sweep button should make clear what it does. Also some buttons are too close to each other. Like the "correct answer" and red x button are too close on top of each other. They should be side by side to elminate accidents. I've also accidentally made a list inactive when I meant to click save. I'd spread them out a bit.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2016
Lauren P.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: I think the most valuable feature is that I can use this for training. I can put in training videos, photos or documents to ensure my staff is all trained the same way!

Pros: I like that Jolt has many different functions and uses. I can use it to train new staff, my current staff uses it daily for their checklists, I use it for reporting and scheduling as well. The customer service is very helpful!

Cons: I do wish there were a couple other functions, one being a "crib sheet" which would be automatically emailed daily with that day's staff.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Andrew F.
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Keeps us running smoothly"

Comments: It has been a great peice of software for our staff management. We use the time clock and the task lists for checklists and it increases our staffs productivity and gets rid of paper forms!

Pros: Easy to set up. Able to track hours and tasks completed by staff.

Cons: Setting up reminders for a task list (e.g. every 3 months) I personally find confusing.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
John R.
VP Operations
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Can't recommend enough"

Comments: Jolt saves us product with the temperature sensors and time with the checklists and training features.

Pros: Jolt has proven invaluable to our organization. It is loaded with features that help our operations on an hourly basis.

Cons: There is so much that Jolt can do that it takes some time to set it all up.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Candace F.
Assistant Manager Guest Services
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2019

"Great for Schedules!"

Comments: Scheduling

Pros: I like that you can schedule tasks along with schedules and Jolt will send reminders. Accountability. I like that you can check your schedule on the app and via email.

Cons: I don't like the fact that when it texts you your schedule it breaks it up into 3 texts.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2019
Helene F.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"Easy to learn, great support and a lot of features!"

Comments: Perfect, very proffesional system and empolyees!

Pros: How easy it is to record lots of information about many people without spending a terribly long time. The bulk import when I made lists is brilliant. It is also very intuitive to understand the timesheet and very easy to create the schedules. The user interface is so simple and understandable despite the fact that there is a lot of complex information to be recorded. I thought I would spend at least twice as long to get everything in place. Having worked with many other heavy systems, this has been a very positive experience. The app also seems easy to understand, only two questions, when over 70 employees were invited to install the app only via the email from Jolt! Then it is easily explained and an easy system that anyone can use! The support from our rep at Jolt has been perfect, she follow up regularly and give me tips and corrections when needed.

Cons: Not much, but it would be great if it was more adaptet to Europe as well, like the clock, (not am / pm but 24h) possibility to send sms to employees etc.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Deanna F.
GM
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"My experience has been phenomenal because my representative is beyond helpful and patient!"

Pros: That it can be configured to meet our specific needs is the best feature!
I also love the fact that I can email my representative for anything and she always gets back to me in a timely fashion. I like the ease of use for the employees as well.

Cons: It was a bit tricky to figure out how to upload a training video, but my representative was able to help me, and we successfully uploaded the video!

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Josh R.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2017

"Awesome Product"

Comments: We have 7 restaurants and we use Jolt to be able to "see" into the restaurant everyday with out actually being on-site. We have been able to improve the completion of our checklists and also improve the accountability aspect since we get a picture instead of just a checkmark. Overall Great product and very good customer support!

Pros: Ease of use, functionality, and flexibility of the lists

Cons: would like to be able to customize the look of the lists - different colors and things like that.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2017
Emily A.
Sales Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2019

"Jolt"

Pros: Easy and convenient way to ensure everything that needs to be done is done and track who did it and when it was done.

Cons: I don't have any complaints about this software. It has worked really well for us.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2019
Jeanaea L.
Director of Community Relations
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"A+ Customer Support- Lesley offered genuine 2nd mile service and remarkable follow through!"

Comments: Labels, tracking, checklists, accountability, and more! When I do happen to have a question for customer support, they have always gone above and beyond to resolve the issue and make sure I feel respected and appreciated as the customer.

Pros: Once it is set up properly, it is extremely LEAN and user friendly. Minimal training required for the average user. Accountability and quality are now more easily monitored.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017
Ryan G.
Operational Solutions Manager
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2017

"Great Product, Amazing Service"

Comments: Our organization was initially attracted to Jolt because of the wide range of services they provided. Now that we have tested the product labeling and bluetooth thermometer we are hooked. Jolt made the initial setup and content migration for our test account simple. Store level integration was seamless and the team loves using the platform. We look forward to rolling out into multiple locations soon.

Pros: - Easy to implement in-store
- Massive time savings from automatic label printing
- Higher compliance on product dating, FIFO rotation, and temperature logs from day 1.

Cons: - Labels only print in one color

• Reviewed on 06/02/2017
Somer J.
Director of Business Operations
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2017

"Great choice for our team!"

Comments: Jolt has greatly simplified our day dot process and made it more productive and easy to use for everyone. The forms and checklists are also being used more than they ever were on paper. With paper lists we were always losing them and didn't have a good filing system. Jolt solves all those issues, as well as offers options for greater organization and productivity than we ever had before. And Jolt's customer service is amazing! Whenever I've emailed them with a question they respond within the hour, sometimes within minutes. I cannot express how important good customer service is to me, and they have definitely earned my loyalty with this quality! Highly recommend!

Pros: I like that everything is in one place and easily accessible for the whole team!

Cons: I wish it was a bit clearer on how to set repetitions. It's a little confusing.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2017
Kalee B.
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"The customer service aspect alone makes this program stand out from the rest."

Pros: The ability to be more transparent with our staff--they can see other shifts, take swapping shifts into their own hands, etc.

Cons: There is quite a bit on content--it can feel overwhelming at times. I'm not sure if this can be done, but simplifying the processes so that it is a bit more user friendly would help a great deal.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Mel P.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Awesome"

Comments: operation efficiency

Pros: labels functionality is great.Also doing daily walk around and cleaning checklist.I also like the feature of scheduling and message blast.

Cons: Cost per month is really high.I have to pay custom duties here in Canada that adds up.This over fixed cost every month and we would like to keep minimum.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Emily M.
Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Jolt Review"

Comments: It helps to ensure that things actually get done :)

Pros: It’s easy to use for the checklists and scheduling

Cons: The troubleshooting software doesn’t work very often

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Frank S.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2017

"Useful restaurant software with great customer support"

Comments: We have been using the Jolt software for about two months. It is easy to use, and the interface options make it convenient for employees. A few more options for restaurant utilization (which are apparently in consideration and in the development stages) will make the software package even better.

Pros: Ease of implementation and outstanding customer support

Cons: The software isn't versatile enough to handle all scheduling challenges encountered in the restaurant business. As an example, the same employee may have different pay rates according to the shift or role they are filling on any given day. Jolt currently doesn't have a way to track this in the scheduling module. This also prevents us from using the software as a complete payroll system.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2017
Desiree W.
Program Coordinator
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2017

"Fantastic!"

Comments: Ease of use and the customer service from Jolt is stupendous.

Pros: Jolt is extremely easy to use. I was looking for an easy software for our Home Health Care Aids, and Jolt hit it out of the park! The app is very user friendly for my workers. I really love that I can work on the schedules from anywhere and I'm not tied to one computer.

Cons: We utilize a monthly layout for my workers schedules, which Jolt currently doesn't support. Jolt reached out immediately after my initial set up to ask if I needed anything else, and I brought this up to them. They reached back out and have taken my comments seriously, which I appreciate as a consumer.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2017