• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.6 /5

About TutorCruncher

Tutoring business management system that offers timesheets, scheduling, payroll, invoicing, and tutor-student matching capabilities.

Learn more about TutorCruncher

Jason R.
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"A must for all tutoring businesses"

Comments: Life-changing. Seriously. Before this we were with Learnspeed and it was far less user-friendly and we were spending more.

Pros: It looks so professional to all our customers. All our tutors easily understand how to use it without nearly any training. Customers are very comfortable logging in and giving us their CC. Overall, just fantastic.

Cons: Every once in awhile I'll come across a missing feature. I then need to create a personal bot for our company that makes up for it. For example, it lacks PayPal integration for paying our teachers/tutors.

by TutorCruncher on 15/01/2020

What a great review, Jason. We're really thankful for your feedback!

I hope the benefits continue to rack up for your company, there are also some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as to how we can pay out to your tutors via TutorCruncher. We'll let you know as those improvements go live!

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Tim K.
Start-Up Co-Founder
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2018

"There aren't too many software providers you'd like to get a beer with"

Comments: Too many to mention! They helped us scale, grow and manage a database of 140 clients and maintain intimate connections.

Pros: The customer support on this software is the best I have experienced. We launched our private tutoring service with 0 clients and 10 tutors and they were incredibly supportive and diligent from day 1 helping us towards success. Today they resolved a software error in less than an hour. They've thought of nearly everything in the software and I'm a massive fan of their iconic socket. I understand TutorCruncher is now facing several competitors but I can only give the highest most sincere recommendations.

Cons: The software is fantastic, a few nit picky improvements could be: pagination in TutorCruncher socket and ability to create seperate TutorCruncher socket for different types of tutors. BOTH of which I have been informed are coming soon. AKA How good?!

by TutorCruncher on 12/02/2018

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! Scalability plays a big role in our design philosophy and we are happy to read that we could help you to scale, grow and and manage a growing database of 140 clients. We are continuing to improve TutorCruncher Socket and look forward to you using more of its functionality. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 09/02/2018
Ivan L.
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"The best LMS system for managing tutoring service, but still not perfect"

Comments: I liked the features offered by TutorCruncher, but there was a steep learning curve. From my research, this is one of the best platforms available for an online tutoring service. It's designed for managing a tutoring service, this is not designed for a teacher to manage an online classroom. Customer service is great. If they can set up integration with Quickbooks, that would be ideal.

Pros: Very responsive and helpful team, provides prompt response to your questions.
Great functionalities compared to other LMS systems out there for managing a tutoring service.
The company, while still relatively small, is more established than most LMS companies out there that I found. This is important, you don't want to build your business on a company that's just someone's side gig and can go away any day.

Cons: No integration with Quickbooks, which is a major pain when managing accounting.
No direct integration with Zoom, but there's an easy work-around.

by TutorCruncher on 28/10/2020

Hi Ivan,

Thanks so much for your review! We are really happy to hear that you have had a such a great experience with your system. We are always looking to improve TutorCruncher and explore new integrations, so we will be sure to pass your comments onto the developer team. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Best, The TutorCruncher Team

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Rory C.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2017

"Great piece of software"

Comments: The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros: Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons: We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

by TutorCruncher on 06/03/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

• Reviewed on 03/03/2017
Chase C.
Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"Tutorcruncher is definitely an improvement from our previous software for tracking employee hours."

Pros: It is very user friendly! My staff required very little training to learn how to use and implement it. Same with clients once they are sent the link to create their profile they are able to do it with ease as I haven't heard one complaint. Also, automatic package tracking is such a bonus with Tutorcruncher! I also appreciate that you can customize reports for sessions by targeting specific areas for feedback that our tutors and coaches fill out. This helps us increase our quality of service.

Cons: When adding new appointments using the calendar, I wish you could double click on a day to then be prompted to create a new `lesson on the day clicked on. This would further increase efficiency when inputting schedules. It would also be great to be able to mark lessons complete with ease directly from the calendar page. Another thing is deleted appointments it would be great to more easily recover them than having to search through ALL previously deleted lessons; ideally I'd like to go to the job, see the deleted lesson, then click recover to bring the lesson back while I still have the job opened up. Last piece of feedback would be to create more filters (like searching jobs using a tutor filter).

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Chase, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. It makes us happy to know that TutorCruncher is easy to use and even your tutors have no problems in managing and planning lessons with many students. The same happens to clients, once the profile is created they can receive invoices and pay quickly. In this way you can manage your tutoring efficiently and professionally. Thanks for your review!

Julia A.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Excellent software with first rate support"

Comments: Saved me a huge amount of time.

Pros: I am an accountant specialising in the tuition sector and many of my clients use TutorCruncher. The accounting side is excellent and the integration with Xero, Stripe, GoCardless and Telleroo works very well. I have used other tutor management software over the past few years but have found TutorCruncher to be the best by a long stretch. The support is outstanding. I have requested specific reports and features in the past and the TutorCruncher team have been very accommodating.

Cons: If you have very specific invoice requirements (especially if you require very tailored invoices) then make sure that TutorCruncher can accommodate this. Although this might be a limitation of the accounting software (Xero or Quickbooks Online) rather than TutorCruncher.

by TutorCruncher on 20/03/2018

Hello Julia, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are very proud that you found TutorCruncher better than other softwares. We are happy that you can now manage your accounting business more efficiently by integrating TutorCruncher with other systems such as Xero, Stripe, GoCardless and Telleroo. As you know, we want to offer excellent support, it's nice to know that we are doing it. Thank again Julia for your amazing review!

Joe B.
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"This was the missing piece in the jigsaw of our business. Thank you."

Comments: It means we don't need a library of files of information. All our clients and tutors info is at our fingertips

Pros: How it organises our accounting structures, and allows me to quickly create a job and post out to our tutors, and I also like the editability of the messages

Cons: I never really know what the user experience is for our clients and our tutors. I don't know when they get there reports and what happens if they pay their invoice on time. I'm sure I could find this out if I made myself a client and went through that whole process, but it would be great if you had a section of screenshots displaying the user experience of our clients and tutors at each step of the way.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Joe, thank you very much for your excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to organise the accounting structures and payment. You always have access to your Demo Branch on tutor which does allow you to role play to visualise how your clients and tutors interact and engage with your system. Thanks again Joe.

Stephanie R.
Tutoring Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"We've used the program for our small tutoring business for the last 4 years."

Comments: Tutor cruncher is a vital part of our tutoring business.

Pros: I like how there are continual updates to the software with new features being added all the time. I like how easy it is to add sessions.

Cons: I would like it if newly created invoices also contained a line that states how much they owe on previous invoices and give a total amount owing for all invoices.

by TutorCruncher on 20/03/2018

Hello Stephanie, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are very proud that during these 4 years with TutorCruncher you have found it an effective way to develop your business. As you know, we continue to work to stay up-to-date with new technologies and more practical and fast tools. Thank again for the review Stephanie.

Rich P.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"Game-Changer"

Pros: When it comes to managing a team of tutors, this software - at least of the ones I've tried - is the most complete package: detailed profiles, automatic invoicing, filters and maps - these are just a few of the well-thought-out details.

Cons: My biggest request would be for them to integrate further payment options. Currently, Stripe is the only option, but it'd be great to have further choices.

by TutorCruncher on 16/04/2019

Hi Rich, many thanks for taking the time to give TutorCruncher a review, we really appreciate that! We're happy to hear that you find TutorCruncher the most complete software on the market. Besides Stripe, you are also able to take payment from your clients via GoCardless (Direct Debit), and we'll be integrating with other payment gateways like PayPal, PayFast, WeChat Pay, and AliPay in the future. We would be happy to hear from you what gateways you'd want us to integrate with, so don't hesitate to get in touch Rich!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2017

"Extremely positive. Powerful efficient software which streamlines many tasks, & gives insights"

Pros: Ease of use, allowing tasks which would otherwise be difficult to be performed very quickly. Extremely high quality customer support which is happy to talk you through complex tasks and to assist with the set up.

Cons: There is something of a learning curve, this said it isn't steep. It isn't entirely flexible and some simple ( but rarely performed tasks) can be a little time consuming. Occasionally I have experienced strange issues e.g. a customer who couldn't log into the system. This said, there is always an easy solution.

by TutorCruncher on 02/11/2017

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are always eager to collaborate with our users so that we can help TutorCruncher work for them, providing solutions to problems and creating new opportunities for your company. Thrilled to see you would recommend us so readily to another user!

• Reviewed on 28/10/2017
Brandon V.
Admininstrator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2018

"This website is good and well thought out and saves me a lot of time from calculating tutor's pay."

Comments: This website saves me a lot of time from calculating tutor's hours and pay compared to other websites.

Pros: I do like how this website calculates the pay and hours for the tutors. It saves me a lot of time which allows me to focus more on other tasks.

Cons: I dislike how the website keeps sending emails to my gmail when a job becomes "cold." I tried searching google and the tutorcruncher website on how to disable it, but can't find the solution. It is very annoying to have my gmail be flooded with these emails. I would like to see an option to disable this on tutorcruncher.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Brandon, thank you very much for you great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your business, in this way you can save a lot of time and dedicate it to other activities. TutorCruncher has many areas which you can customise, for example, you can disable these particular types of emails. See this page on our help site for more: https://help.tutorcruncher.com/scheduling/#why-has-a-job-gone-cold. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Brandon.

Debra U.
Education Consultant
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"Really happy with how client, tutor, student and job details are readily accessible."

Pros: The fact that when you log in you can see clearly where you are up to with incomings and outgoings, client details are easily accessible so that you can see where they are up to with their accounts. You can add clients, students, tutors and jobs quickly and easily link them so that you have the whole picture and this means that you can access information instantly when someone contacts you with a query.

Cons: I would like to be able to export data (such a client or tutor email addresses) so that I can send out group emails more easily - although I have this data on a spreadsheet now so this is not a real issue.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Debra, thank you for leaving us a great review. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and it helps you monitor the progress of your business. It makes us happy that with TutorCruncher you can organize the different activities between customers, students and tutors, this is an efficient way to have a daily view on the progress of your business. With TutorCruncher Broadcasts you can send emails to a group of people such as tutors, clients, or students. Thank you very much for your review Debra.

Nathan R.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Incredible people. Fantastic product."

Comments: It is the complete package for any tutoring business! Incredible features and superb customer support!

Pros: Its simplicity combined with the plethora of useful features. The customer service is also ridiculously good!

Cons: There needs to be a button to enable administrators to apply discounts automatically. It would also be useful to have a button to view all lessons that are still 'awaiting confirmation'.

by TutorCruncher on 19/03/2018

Hello Nathan, Thank you for your kind review.
We are glad that you have found TutorCruncher intrinsic to your operations so far, and we are always ready to help our users with further clarification or doubts.
We¿re working on a discount feature which I¿m sure you¿ll love! Stay tuned.
We are happy that TutorCruncher is helping to improve your business, thank you very much for your review Nathan.

Carol T.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"We manage our tuition business successfully with Tutorcruncher."

Pros: Positive elements: Booking, calendar, on-line payment, reminders, database of customers. Great customer service.

Cons: It is sometimes not adapted to the needs of our business which operates as a centre. Specifically:
- calendar should show cancelled sessions in red all the time
- negative entries should be made possible on credit requests to adjust to a positive balance

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Carol, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are pleased to know that with TutorCruncher you can better manage and organize your tutors, with this class planning is certainly faster and more effective. We are very proud to know that we are ensuring an effective support. Thanks for your feedback, it is very helpful to hear about ways in which we can improve the system going forward.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Tom W.
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2017

"I love this service"

Pros: It has made everything much more streamlined. Key features for me are the SMS and email integration and the fact that getting feedback on the lessons has become much easier.

Cons: There are some additional features I would like to see in the future (e.g. the ability to create infographics which can then be sent out to clients).

by TutorCruncher on 28/09/2017

Hi Tom, thank you for leaving us some great comments. We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report and SMS features. We're always improving the system to add more functionality, so keep an eye out for more exciting additions to come!

• Reviewed on 25/09/2017
Eve R.
Payroll/Hr
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Streamlines day to day accounting and invoicing."

Comments: Tying up neat little strings between vendor and tutor invoicing was icing on the cake!

Pros: Love the day to day ease of accounting and invoicing abilities. Easy use for vendor/tutor activites and invoicing.

Cons: I have not experienced any negative issues with the software. The support team has proven to be invaluable for help and support.

by TutorCruncher on 01/08/2018

Hi Eve, thanks for taking the time to review TutorCruncher. We're thrilled that you've found the majority of your main needs easy to automate and manage, we hope that now you're able to focus on other areas of the company with your time. We're always happy to help, so don't ever hesitate to get in touch.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Marie H.
Director of College Apps and Test Prep
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"A bit clunky"

Pros: The ease of having student info and notes in the same place

Cons: Editing repeating lessons can be confusing and unintuitive. I love Google Calendar's feature of just moving something on my calendar and it prompts me to ask if I want to change it for just that meeting or for future meetings. When I move an event similarly on TC I'm always unsure as to whether just that event has changed or if future ones have as well. Additionally, trying to go back and change things from the original meeting ended up in duplicates being created.

by TutorCruncher on 03/11/2020

Hi Marie, Its great to hear that you enjoy our student profiles on TutorCruncher!

With regards to the calendar issues you are experiences, we would love to know more. We are always trying to improve our system so any extra feedback would be very helpful. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly via email, and we will be sure to pass your thoughts and ideas onto our developer team!

• Reviewed on 02/11/2020
Nathalie P.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"I was using another system before. Tutorcruncher is so much better. Modern, flexible, very visual."

Pros: Great interface, well integrated with calendar, map. Many reminders. Easy to use and understand. Quick pertinent replies on chat
Clients like using it. Tutors too.
The activity feed is super useful

Cons: 2 minor aspects:
-the reporting is not as detailed as I would like. Hard to separate hours billed, hours done. Hard to track hours by subject.
- the credit request/ invoicing is a bit cumbersome at times.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Nathalie, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We're delighted that you are a fun of the interface and that you are able to effectively able to action your daily management of your company. In your Analytics section you can get an effective breakdown of your income by subject, however, if there are other areas of reporting you would like to access then let us know! We always want to provide our users with the metrics they need, so we would be delighted to discuss this further with you. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Eric R.
Education & Test Prep Specialist | Concierge Tutor | Managing Partner & Founder
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"I've spent 13 years in test prep and TutorCruncher sets the standard for tutoring software."

Comments: Peace of mind that everything is tracked and our billing is current.

Pros: The ease of set up and user experience, and then how it tracks billing and payments all in one place, it saves tons of admin time.

by TutorCruncher on 19/03/2018

Hello Eric, thank you for leaving us with an excellent review.
We are really pleased that TutorCruncher has proved useful in facilitating effective management and helping with your payments and billing. It is all the better to get great feedback from someone so experienced in the industry! Thanks again, Eric.

Mary M.
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2016

"New to tutorcruncher"

Comments: The team at Tutorcruncher have been so helpful and available to me to answer all my questions so that I have got myself up and running within a few weeks and managed to move a busy agency over to the new system with no major hiccups. The software itself is intuitive and easy, but I still had lots of questions. The team are knowledgeable and friendly.

Pros: Easy to use and intuitive. Targeted for the industry I'm in.

Cons: Not found anything to dislike as yet

by TutorCruncher on 17/02/2017

Hi, Mary! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you have been able to get going with ease on the system and are always ready, willing, and able to help out with any questions you might have. Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2016
Jon G.
Teacher and Private Tutor
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2018

"Completely revolutionised my tutoring endeavours."

Pros: Too much to single out! I love the integration through website, the calendar function and the whiteboard functionality is second to none! It make ME feel more professional, and that rubs off onto my client families.

Cons: I do, on occasions, struggle to predict the monthly payments. It's not a big deal as it is such good value, but it's not always clear.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Jon, thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are very happy that TutorCruncher helps you to manage your business more efficiently and professionally. We are proud that this can improve the image of your business in front of your customers, in this way you can find new clients and increase the reputation of the company more and more. TC price in based off your revenue, it is flexible and scale with your company as it grows. Thank again for you review Jon.

Sarah C.
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2017

"Life Saver"

Comments: The guys at Tutorcruncher have been wonderful with me - so helpful. However, that should not make you think it is difficult to use - it is easy - my clients love it - I can post resources for them to download and send out information that I think they would like. Invoicing is no longer a chore I dread - takes minutes. I can control the tutor aspect of my business with ease. Made everything so much easier.

Pros: Everything

Cons: The only thing I have found hard is one of my clients has never been able to log in.

by TutorCruncher on 02/03/2017

Thank you for sharing your TutorCruncher experience, Sarah. We are really glad that you have been able to get so much out of our services along with your clients. Great to hear that you think you'll never look back, we hope you agree that looking forward to the opportunities to grow with TutorCruncher is worthwhile! Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2017
Jocelyn B.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Easy to use, clean looking, great for staff!"

Comments: Easy to communicate with many tutors at once, great for parents as well!

Pros: I love that we can support staff all over the county online. This system is so much easier for us to implement than the last one.

Cons: That we are not able to customize the notes sheets for different students. That would be great! We may have to use a complementary system until then.

by TutorCruncher on 15/03/2018

Hello Jocelyn, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review.
We are really glad that the easy use of TutorCruncher has helped your business, as this is what we always hope to achieve. We like your feedback about having a more sophisticated lesson reporting process and will discuss internally how we can effectively offer users a solution in this area.
Thanks again, Jocelyn!

Elodie G.
Program Coordinator

"Very good experience."

Comments: Easy invoicing

Pros: Ease of Use. The customer support is answering fast. Easy to keep track of our customer's classes/billing...

Cons: Invoicing and billing are little confusing. It's not easy at the first time to split the users (Clients and students)

by TutorCruncher on 19/03/2018

Hello Elodie, thanks for taking the time to leave us a fantastic review, it¿s so important to us to know what our users think. It was our mission to create a system that is easy to learn, fast and adaptable to different needs. We are happy to see that we made it! TutorCruncher is always happy to assist, is our pleasure to help our users for further clarification or any kind of instruction. We are continuing to work on invoicing and billing to make them as functional as possible. Thanks again for the review.

Francis M.
program trainer
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Invoicing , time sheet management made very efficient .Easy to use with readily available support"

Pros: Affordable especially for small company like ours . Able to monitor students online and locate other tutors with ease.Payment method is easy an quick for tutors

Cons: So far i haven't experience any problems its a great tool for tutors apart from the navigation and normal platform issues.

by TutorCruncher on 31/05/2018

Hi Francis, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're delighted to hear that you're able to make use of a sophisticated system without breaking the bank - we very much aim to level the playing field! We're always trying to improve the system too, so please don't hesitate to share your experiences and areas in which you see further potential benefits from working with TutorCruncher. Thanks again, Francis!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018