15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

TutorCruncher Reviews

4.6 (172) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About TutorCruncher

Tutoring business management software that offers timesheets, scheduling, payroll, invoicing, and tutor-student matching capabilities.

Learn more about TutorCruncher

Pros:

Cons:

Editing repeating lessons can be confusing and unintuitive.

TutorCruncher ratings

4.3
4.7
4.4
4.6

9.0/10

TutorCruncher has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 172 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TutorCruncher before?

Jason
Jason
Owner in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

A must for all tutoring businesses

Comments: Life-changing. Seriously. Before this we were with Learnspeed and it was far less user-friendly and we were spending more.

Pros:

It looks so professional to all our customers. All our tutors easily understand how to use it without nearly any training. Customers are very comfortable logging in and giving us their CC. Overall, just fantastic.

Cons:

Every once in awhile I'll come across a missing feature. I then need to create a personal bot for our company that makes up for it. For example, it lacks PayPal integration for paying our teachers/tutors.

4 years ago

What a great review, Jason. We're really thankful for your feedback! I hope the benefits continue to rack up for your company, there are also some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as to how we can pay out to your tutors via TutorCruncher. We'll let you know as those improvements go live!

Ronshea
CEO in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Amazing customer support and system overall!

Comments: The business is simply much easier to manage with TutorCruncher! Everything is basically all in one place and affordable for a startup company! Most importantly, TutorCruncher continues to upgrade and implement new innovative features which are key to keeping up with and staying ahead of the ever-evolving tutoring industry. Thanks, TutorCruncher for being the best in the game!

Pros:

I can't stress how pleased I am with the TutorCruncher system. We are a fairly new tutoring company and this tutor management system has allowed us to present our company in a very professional way. From the tutor profile listings on our website, email reminders, one-click links (LessonSpace) down to the Transfer Wise payment / Accounting system, we are very happy with how we were able to create and integrate the system and make it our own.

Cons:

There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but the videos help out a great deal. Batch scheduling can be super time-consuming. I wish there was a way to import an excel spreadsheet of client/student's name, date, and times especially if it's the same students and times for the entire school year. It would be great to offer the learning path, electronic assignments, and test because it would save us time and resources from having to go out of the TutorCruncher software for those necessary features.

Alternatives Considered: TutorBird

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Affordable, free trial, and the free version where we are able to try it out first.

2 years ago

Hi Ronshea, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that the platform has helped your new tutoring company. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Daisy
Music, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use platform

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The initial reason I started to use Tutorcruncher was to take payments that are split by Stripe. A huge part of my job before Tutorcruncher was chasing payments, now that students save their card this is a rare job for me. I also love being able to see all the statistics, how many students are on our books, how many jobs are running and the income each week/month.

Cons:

Occasionally things come up that the system isn't able to do. For example when all my teachers put their prices up in January I had to go through every student individually and change the rates.

Vicky
Owner in Netherlands

Good quality software

Comments: Good! Apart from the two improvements I wrote about, I love TutorCruncher and I think you did a great job at building it.

Pros:

The number of options available and the fact that it simply works. Other types of software don't always work, so I was happy to see TutorCruncher does what it is supposed to do. I like the number of options and the client-student system works really well, as does the invoicing.

Cons:

Two things: 1) The software does not work intuitively. Options are difficult to find and are not where a client expects them to be. I'd advise you to work with someone who knows about customer experience in software and who is willing to update the software with your customer in mind. As a client, the software has clearly been designed by someone who is good at building software, but who is not specialised in customer experience. 2) Translations. These options are horrible. There are many words one can translate in TutorCruncher, but once I did, the original English terms appeared on the invoices, still. When I asked about this, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me the translations are just there 'for you'. For me? I don't get why it works like this. I'd advise you to either a) make sure the translated terms appear throughout TutorCruncher as well as - most importantly! - on the invoice to the client's customers, so that the client won't have to build a new invoice using Moustache. And b), I'd also be interested to work with you to translate the software to Dutch or other European languages. In that way, your clients won't have to translate at all, and it will provide you with the opportunity to start selling the software here in the Netherlands (as there is no Dutch software available atm).

3 years ago

Hi Vicky, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you are enjoying using our system. With regards to the translation part of our system, there seems to be a bit of confusion. Our translations work for end users only (clients, tutors, student), which is why you will not be be able to see these changes on your admin profile. We are always working to improve our system, so we would be very happy to get in touch with you and get a bit more feedback about what we could do to improve our translations and the easy of use of the system! Please feel free to write us a quick email.

Joanne
Director and Teacher in UK
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

I wish I'd signed up sooner.

Comments: We have found the customer service team really helpful in enabling us to role out the use of Tutor Cruncher slowly as we were very nervous we could end up in a digital muddle.

Pros:

I had been aware of Tutor Cruncher for over a year but thought it was expensive at first. Eventually, I found myself and my admin spending hours on tasks that were not bringing in any revenue and decided to look into it further. We took the plunge and have never looked back. Tutor Cruncher is literally saving us hours of administration time every month meaning that we can spend more time matching our clients and tutors together. The Client Pipeline feature is fantastic for tracking leads. We were losing leads before due to not having the time to do follow ups. We've also saved money in not having to have a separate mailing system to keep our clients up to date with new products and offers. If you were like us, wondering how it could make a difference, give the free one month trial a go before you get so busy chasing paper.

Cons:

I'd love to see an improvement on being able to create sub sets of files in the uploaded documents section.

Alternatives Considered: TutorBird

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: A friend in the tutoring industry [SENSITIVE CONTENT] gave me her honest opinion of the software and how it had helped her grow her business. She was able to tell me the pros and cons between the two software options and why she though Tutor Bird was better.

2 years ago

Thanks for the lovely review Joanne! We're delighted to hear the platform has helped you allocate your time efficiently. We look forward to continue working with you in the future :)

Ajla
Head of Marketing and Recruitment in UK

Best software

Comments: I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros:

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons:

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Switched From: Sign In Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: More friendly for younger students

3 years ago

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Alexander
Owner in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

Pros:

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons:

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

Alternatives Considered: Oases Online

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: Tutorcruncher has a better integration option with my website and CRM system More customization options available Better integration with billing and merchant services The smaller company provides better tech support and a more personal experience

Switched From: Teachworks

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Same as above

4 years ago

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

Comments: TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros:

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons:

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Alternatives Considered: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Because it has much more features and an overall solid 'build' - everything you need is there and overall well laid out, for an affordable price. As long as you don't compete with my business in Canada (lol), I recommend using TutorCruncher.

3 years ago

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Stanley
Owner in Canada
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

Comments: I guess I am most impressed at the fact that they have good client service that generally get back to your problems within 24 hours. Also they continue to develop and perfect the software, making it more and more suitable for my need. They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).

Pros:

TutorCruncher offers basically everything my tutoring business needed. From CRM, teacher/client database, website implementation, and online classes. It also have payment integration too, but since I collect my fee from other means, I didn't really get to use that, but its available.

Cons:

I use it to provide service to Chinese customers. The translation process is available, but not automated. I essentially have to translate things one by one. Also, it doesn't let me or the user to switch between languages. So I had to put in both English and Chinese at the same time for users. Works, but made the interface messy.

3 years ago

Hi Stanley, It is really great to hear that you have had a good experience with TutorCruncher. Thank you for your review! We are always working to improve our system, so we will make sure the devs take a look at your suggestion for improving translations!

Syed
CEO in UK

Canonical Tutors

Comments: Benefits:Accounting Automatic PaymentsAnalytics User Management

Pros:

Accounting Automatic PaymentsAnalytics User Management

Cons:

HTML required for full customisationOverlaps in scheduling when tutors set availability.

Alternatives Considered: TutorBird

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Complete solution-Split payment option which complies with UK law

Pippa
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Changed my company dramatically

Comments: It’s a fantastic product, with fantastic support. I can’t believe anyone would sign up to Tutorcruncher and regret it.

Pros:

It saves you hiring an admin person. It streamlined invoicing. With TutorCruncher running in the background, you can focus all your efforts into building your company and making it better. I was pretty nervous as a CRM is such a vital aspect of the business and difficult to change once started. But I never looked backed after.

Cons:

The only real Con for me, is that it’s designed for an agency. So has all the features you would expect for self employed tutors. My tutoring business is a company and everyone is paid by PAYE, I wish I could turn all the self employed features off. Eg, the amount Tutorcruncher tells tutors that have earth, is not what they get in their wages. Also I wish it had a feature that could collect the millage to make a our tutors milage claims automated. But that is just wishful thinking.

4 years ago

Hi Pippa, What an absolutely lovely review, thanks so much! You're absolutely right that CRM is a massive business decision so really happy you're confident that you made the right choice with us! I'll have a conversation with our team today to see if there's a way we could better account for income taxes like PAYE. Tutor mileage claims is definitely an ambition too (maybe something to release alongside the app), we'll continue brainstorming it on our end. Thanks again Pippa, stay well and I'm sure we'll be chatting again soon. Best, Fionn

Rory
Managing Director in UK

Great piece of software

Comments: The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros:

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons:

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

7 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

Jelena
Australia
, 51–200 Employees

Loving our new operating system !!

Comments: Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using.
The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available.
Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable.
Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

Pros:

It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

Cons:

a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information. Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks. Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

7 years ago

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

Carla-Mari
Company owner and Manager in UK
Education Management, Self Employed

Tutor Cruncher is a brilliant system and the staff are super helpful and continue to improve things.

Comments: We are able to manage our daily and weekly activities for our business and also able to track our clients progress along the way.

Pros:

How user friendly it is. There are so many options and categories available and they all make things so simple and easy, but are so user friendly to work with. Tutor Cruncher puts everything into place for you, so you just have to slot things in.

Cons:

Sometimes things go wrong and we have to wait while that issue is being sorted out. However, the team does sort things out very quickly.

6 years ago

Hello Carla, thank you for leaving us a great review. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and schedule management. We are very proud to know that we are providing effective support. I¿m sure you appreciate that we cannot stop 100% of problems, but what we can do is to minimise this risk and then solve them immediately. We always try to do our best! Thanks again Carla!

Casper
Manager in Netherlands
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Good base features, details need work

Comments: The software itself has a lot of promise, and the team is great. We're currently working with external solutions for some of the issues mentioned above and hope to see those features implemented in the future as well.

Pros:

It's a straightforward piece of software in terms of what it does. It provides lesson planning and registration, integrated with an accounting section to manage the balance a student still has available.

Cons:

Some features are still missing which would be very valuable to have (iDEAL payments, multiple document upload, document search) and the design choices aren't always very clear (for instance, marking a task as 'completed' will bring you to a task list, instead of staying on whichever page you were working on). Therefore it can sometimes be a little tedious to work with, having to find solutions external to TutorCruncher, or clicking through pages multiple times in a row.

3 years ago

Hi Casper, Thanks for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoy many of our features. As for the suggestions regarding extra features and UX improvements, we will be sure to pass these onto our developer team!

Abigail
Education Management, Self Employed

A really useful platform for tuition specific businesses

Comments: As a new user I am still in the process of onboarding our existing tutors and getting clients set up on the platform. I am hoping once the full setup is complete that the system will make the process of matching clients and students much more streamline.

Pros:

A tutor specific CRM platform that understands the relationship interactions between clients, students and tutors. The blogs and guides are extremely helpful

Cons:

It would be very helpful to have an easy PDF guide for both tutors and new clients/students explaining to them how to use the software/the onboarding process. It isn't always easy to know what they can view and/or where to find certain information even in client view.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: It was tutor specific

3 years ago

Hi Abigail, Thanks for your review. It is great to hear that you find out CRM features and blogs helpful! We would also like to let you know that we do have PDF guides available for tutors/clients which can be viewed on our help site! Hope that helps!

Rahil
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great software to manage a tutoring company

Comments: Have been using TutorCruncher for 3+ years and would recommend it to others.

Pros:

Can run most aspects of a tutoring business using TutorCruncher, in particular managing a team of tutors and matching clients and students, inputting and scheduling lessons, and dealing with invoices and payment orders. Has good online whiteboard intergrations and an API. Customer support is excellent and new features and constantly added.

Cons:

Could be slightly more customisable and some users find the UX complicated at first.

Harrison
Lead Tutor in Australia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

TutorCruncher is an effective and useful website that has improved my company's effectiveness.

Comments: As previously mentioned, tutorcruncher streamlined my company's operation, as we became larger and harder to manage. Tutorcruncher solved significant software and administration issues.

Pros:

The consolidation of information, and its ease of access are the main advantages of using tutorcruncher.

Cons:

Tutorcruncher can be occasionally difficult to use, with some unfortunate design flaws. One issue I had was with the labelling tutors option. Finding how to create a label caused me to apply this label to every tutor in the company, which took a long time to fix. Both the functions for creating, and removing labels en masse are frustrating to use.

6 years ago

Hello Harrison, thank for your great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your tutoring business in an easy and effective way. You can apply labels to your users in bulk by filtering, this may help you to save time in labelling, https://help.tutorcruncher.com/setup/#what-is-a-label. Thanks again for your review Harrison!

Zac

Excellent Customer Service

Pros:

The software is great but even better than that is the customer service provided by reps. They are always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cons:

The revenue snapshot could be more helpful (instead of comparing to previous 28 days would be more relevant to compare to the same period in the previous year).

6 years ago

Hi Zac, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are delighted that you have been able to get so much out of our software over such a long period of time. We are always happy to provide a high quality of customer service to help you get the most out of our system!

Rich

Game-Changer

Pros:

When it comes to managing a team of tutors, this software - at least of the ones I've tried - is the most complete package: detailed profiles, automatic invoicing, filters and maps - these are just a few of the well-thought-out details.

Cons:

My biggest request would be for them to integrate further payment options. Currently, Stripe is the only option, but it'd be great to have further choices.

5 years ago

Hi Rich, many thanks for taking the time to give TutorCruncher a review, we really appreciate that! We're happy to hear that you find TutorCruncher the most complete software on the market. Besides Stripe, you are also able to take payment from your clients via GoCardless (Direct Debit), and we'll be integrating with other payment gateways like PayPal, PayFast, WeChat Pay, and AliPay in the future. We would be happy to hear from you what gateways you'd want us to integrate with, so don't hesitate to get in touch Rich!

Ben
Tutor recruitment and tutor in UK

Easy to use software

Pros:

Easy as a tutor to see lessons and write reports etc. Works well most of the time and helps us find new tutors too.

Cons:

Funny little bugs like the back button being stuck on a loop so it is unlike a back button elsewhere. Formatting irregularities when using mobile devices or tablets

6 years ago

Hello Ben, thank you very much for leaving us a great review. We are very happy that with TutorCruncher you can manage your business easily. We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report and the way that you can find new tutors. We are continually working hard to create an optimal version of the system that is perfectly adaptable to smartphones and tablets. Thank you.

Jonnie
Business Assistant in UK

Sometimes frustrating, but with quick resolution

Comments: The use of pipeline has significantly smoothed out our client management, making fewer errors and more punctual processing of requests.

Pros:

The fact that the developers are available to chat during work hours for customer support. The response time is so fast that any issues we've had with operating Tutorcruncher have been quickly resolved.

Cons:

The software is sometimes quite restrictive, meaning simple tasks can often take a long time with convoluted workarounds.

6 years ago

Hi Jonnie, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled that you have been able to better process your client management by using the CRM systems within TutorCruncher, such as the pipeline. We are hopeful that we can continue to make changes and improvements to improve your experience of using the system in line with our expectations on what using TutorCruncher should feel like. Thanks again for your feedback!

shawn
coordinator in Australia
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Tutorcruncher is good for small business

Comments: Overall experience is so far so good. The system is kind of stable and easy to use. I will still recommend to my friends.

Pros:

Very simple design and easy to use, ad also it can be accessed by different devices.

Cons:

Customer service after been changed to email based, seems even slower and less efficient than before. I would expect this will be less efficient if we follow this current tendency.

3 years ago

Hi Shawn, It is great to hear that you are enjoying our system and would recommend it to others! With regards to our customer service, we try our best to answer all enquiries are quick as possible. If you are looking to get faster support we would suggest subscribing to our chat support feature. Hope that helps!

Debra
Education Consultant in UK

Really happy with how client, tutor, student and job details are readily accessible.

Pros:

The fact that when you log in you can see clearly where you are up to with incomings and outgoings, client details are easily accessible so that you can see where they are up to with their accounts. You can add clients, students, tutors and jobs quickly and easily link them so that you have the whole picture and this means that you can access information instantly when someone contacts you with a query.

Cons:

I would like to be able to export data (such a client or tutor email addresses) so that I can send out group emails more easily - although I have this data on a spreadsheet now so this is not a real issue.

6 years ago

Hello Debra, thank you for leaving us a great review. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and it helps you monitor the progress of your business. It makes us happy that with TutorCruncher you can organize the different activities between customers, students and tutors, this is an efficient way to have a daily view on the progress of your business. With TutorCruncher Broadcasts you can send emails to a group of people such as tutors, clients, or students. Thank you very much for your review Debra.

Carol
Director in UK

We manage our tuition business successfully with Tutorcruncher.

Pros:

Positive elements: Booking, calendar, on-line payment, reminders, database of customers. Great customer service.

Cons:

It is sometimes not adapted to the needs of our business which operates as a centre. Specifically: - calendar should show cancelled sessions in red all the time - negative entries should be made possible on credit requests to adjust to a positive balance

6 years ago

Hello Carol, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are pleased to know that with TutorCruncher you can better manage and organize your tutors, with this class planning is certainly faster and more effective. We are very proud to know that we are ensuring an effective support. Thanks for your feedback, it is very helpful to hear about ways in which we can improve the system going forward.