Filter by:

• Overall

About TutorCruncher

Tutoring business management system that offers timesheets, scheduling, payroll, invoicing, and tutor-student matching capabilities.

Learn more about TutorCruncher

Ajla D.
Head of Marketing and Recruitment
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2020

"Best software"

Comments: I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros: I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons: The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Switched From: 10to8

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: More friendly for younger students

by TutorCruncher on 11/11/2020

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

• Reviewed on 09/11/2020
Alexander K.
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business"

Pros: Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM
Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher
Simple job/lessons workflow
Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons: Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization
Hosting option is too expensive
Should provide customer support in US timezones

Alternatives Considered: Oases Online

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: Tutorcruncher has a better integration option with my website and CRM system More customization options available Better integration with billing and merchant services The smaller company provides better tech support and a more personal experience

Switched From: Teachworks

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Same as above

by TutorCruncher on 19/05/2020

Hi Alexander,

Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too.

Thanks again,
Fionn

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it"

Comments: TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros: It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons: Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Alternatives Considered: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Because it has much more features and an overall solid 'build' - everything you need is there and overall well laid out, for an affordable price. As long as you don't compete with my business in Canada (lol), I recommend using TutorCruncher.

by TutorCruncher on 03/11/2020

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform.

We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Stanley X.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features."

Comments: I guess I am most impressed at the fact that they have good client service that generally get back to your problems within 24 hours. Also they continue to develop and perfect the software, making it more and more suitable for my need. They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).

Pros: TutorCruncher offers basically everything my tutoring business needed. From CRM, teacher/client database, website implementation, and online classes. It also have payment integration too, but since I collect my fee from other means, I didn't really get to use that, but its available.

Cons: I use it to provide service to Chinese customers. The translation process is available, but not automated. I essentially have to translate things one by one. Also, it doesn't let me or the user to switch between languages. So I had to put in both English and Chinese at the same time for users. Works, but made the interface messy.

by TutorCruncher on 11/11/2020

Hi Stanley, It is really great to hear that you have had a good experience with TutorCruncher. Thank you for your review!

We are always working to improve our system, so we will make sure the devs take a look at your suggestion for improving translations!

Jelena G.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2017

"Loving our new operating system !!"

Comments: Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using.
The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available.
Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable.
Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

Pros: It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

Cons: a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information.
Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks.
Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

by TutorCruncher on 13/04/2017

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 10/04/2017
Amber S.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"Tutor Cruncher is Fantastic!"

Comments: From the moment we were deciding to purchase TutorCruncher to today, I have not found their level of service or committment to our company has laxed.

Pros: The ease in which I am able to do scheduling and invoicing has saved me time in other areas of my business.

Cons: As an everyday user, sometimes there are certain functions that I feel should happen intuitively. In these cases, I send my thoughts to the help desk and it’s been amazing the functions that have been changed in the time I’ve been with them to refelct these asks!

by TutorCruncher on 03/11/2020

Hi Amber, Thanks for your review! It is great that you are really enjoying out system. We are also excited to hear that you have seen improvements and changes in the system when you have requested them. We work hard to take all client feedback on board!

Admin Expert
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Great software; the single platform where tutors, managers, clients and students can refer to"

Comments: Central platform for all parties concerned in a tutorial company.

Pros: - Functionality - creates and records lessons accurately
- Feedback system - especially fits with our business

Cons: - Ease of use - it's sometimes confusing when you want to edit previous lessons, such as deleting them, changing their feedbacks and such. Sometimes you can click into a lesson that says "Editable" but then you cannot delete it. Would be better if the rules around how lessons can be cancelled/deleted are more clear.

by TutorCruncher on 20/03/2018

Hello there, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that TutorCruncher helps your business to manage different areas of the business, such as managing relationships with your tutors, clients and students. It is also good to know that you find the lesson report system useful when you record lessons. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCruncher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Perry G.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2018

"Tutorcruncher is a great product, I don't know how I'd run my business without it."

Pros: The features in this product take away the hassle of running my business. The ease of use is great, and the team have thought very hard about what tutoring agencies need.

Cons: The search functionality could be better at displaying results in a more user friendly way. Otherwise a great product.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Perry, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are pleased to know that TutorCruncher is helping you a lot in the management of your business, even to say that you would not know how to do without! We are happy that TutorCruncher is easy to use and allows you to perform many tasks. We are working hard to improve the functionality of the system and the search functionality will soon be better at displaying results. Thank you very much Perry for you great review.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2018
Oscar H.
Oscar H.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Excellent support and a platform that is developing fast. Would highly recommend."

Pros: Integrated system for hours and for bills make it a very good customer experience. I like the fact that parents can log in to review their total activity.

Cons: Is slightly clunky navigating through screens. When you are going through numerous students or tutors you have to click back and forth.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Oscar, thank you very much for your review. We are really glad that TutorCruncher is an excellent system that help to run your business efficiently. We are also happy that your clients like TutorCruncher and parent can log in to review their activities and lesson planning. We are working to improve the functionality of the system, and we try to adapt TutorCruncher to the needs of our users. Thank you very much for the review Oscar!

Erika I.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Adaptation for Asian / Non-UK users"

Comments: Great system, great customer service! When we initially switched to Tutor cruncher , the system didn’t have the “japanese yen” option added so the coders were able to do that for us with a customization fee. Super response and great personalization!

Pros: The interface is super legible and our clients and students have complimented how easy it is to use. The “call for application” function has been very useful for us when requesting for tutors. The online payment integration and system (Stripe, credit request, subscription, pay run) has been the most beneficial to us.

Cons: haring the prices we charge per lesson to our tutors. It would be great if we could display the HOURS of purchase left to the tutors. I would like to be notified when a client charges credit via top up.

by TutorCruncher on 03/11/2020

Hi Erika, Thanks so much for your review, its really great to hear that you are enjoying our system and our integrations!

Woody W.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2017

"Quality tutoring software"

Comments: Having used it from the inception I think one cannot find a better piece of software for tutoring businesses

Pros: Easy to use

by TutorCruncher on 17/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Woody. It's great to hear that you value our services so highly, we look forward to continuing to make your operations streamlined and effective. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 06/01/2017
Sarah C.
Owner and tutor
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"excellent"

Comments: It is simple and easy to use and makes all my invoices for me.

Pros: I like the ability to create invoices and lesson plans with ease and to send out a message to all my clients.

Cons: I dislike the way that if you make a mistake on the invoicing you cannot remove it unless you change the date parameters.

by TutorCruncher on 11/01/2018

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for leaving us a tremendous review! We're delighted that you find the system simple and easy to use in providing you an extremely valuable service. On a side note, if you ever make any mistakes with your invoices, you can void them and re-issue a corrected version. Thanks again, Sarah!

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Michelle F.
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Makes managing my business so much easier!"

Comments: - All my users can access client information from anywhere, and see what jobs are available
- Tutor profiles help me quickly discern who would be best for a client
- Clients can input changes and update credit card information safely and securely

Pros: - The developers are constantly adding new features and adapting to our needs
- Interface is easy to use and nicely streamlined
- Integration with Stripe makes me feel confident that my clients' information is secure

by TutorCruncher on 20/03/2018

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! We are very proud that TutorCruncher helps you to manage your business easier! We are always working to adding new features and we would like to do it according to user¿s needs. This is the reason why we like feedback. We are happy to provide you with a secure system where all your data is protected. Thank you very much Michelle.

Alexandra H.
Tutoring Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Fantastic Customer Support"

Comments: One of the best things about TutorCruncher is the unparalleled customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are always available to respond to questions, provide helpful advice, and guide my learning process. I can't begin to express my gratitude.

Pros: As I got to know the software, I started wondering if it had certain capabilities. Everything I wished for already existed. They have thought of everything!

Cons: I do not have any criticisms. The software is customizable and well-organized.

by TutorCruncher on 28/10/2020

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks so much for your review! We pride ourselves on providing great customer service, so we are very happy to hear that you have found our support team so helpful. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Best, The TutorCruncher Team

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Education Consultant
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Efficient, effective and time saving"

Pros: Everything can be done from the one site. It tracks everything- sessions, hours completed, tutors details, payments, invoices, etc.

Cons: There are very few issues with the software. If anything the setting up of tutors and the specialisms could be simplified. Connecting students to paying clients is a little convoluted too.

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are really pleased that TutorCruncher has proved so useful in facilitating effective and interactive management helping you with payments, billing and lesson scheduling. Let us know if we can help you with something in particular, we are always available to help our users. Thanks again for your review.

Kairat T.
developer
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2020

"Great product"

Comments: It helps automatize many tasks in out business

Pros: I loved great customer support, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Also, api documentation is clear.

Cons: Seems that all is good, no complains for now.

by TutorCruncher on 28/10/2020

Hi Kairat,

Thank you so much for your review. It is really great to hear that you are so happy with our customer service team. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Best, The TutorCruncher Team

• Reviewed on 28/08/2020
Ian piolo O.
Ian piolo O.
School Staff
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Awesome software!"

Comments: A very good software with vast range of functionalities but needs some time to get used to

Pros: There is a vast range of functionalities that can be very valuable to your business. Logging of tutors makes tracking of their work hours easy.

Cons: Going around the software will take some time to get used to as it is not as intuitive. Give it some time and your experience with it will improve.

by TutorCruncher on 15/01/2020

Delighted to hear that you're a fan, Ian!

I hope you get a lot of value out of TutorCruncher and do let us know in the future if there's anything we can improve. In the meantime we'll be working on making things a little bit more intuitive! :)

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Tuan N.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"Great supports"

Pros: The support team is great. They always help us to solve the problems

Cons: We can't customize (translate it into our country native language)

by TutorCruncher on 16/04/2019

Hi Tuan, thanks a lot for reviewing TutorCruncher! We're glad to see that you are happy to see that you enjoy using our software. To make our users and also your lives easier, we have a huge translation update coming up which will allow you to translate your TutorCruncher company account in your own language. We're always happy to help, so don't ever hesitate to get in touch Tuan!

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Alice W.
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"TutorCruncher is a useful software but the team dosen't always respond well to requests or feedback"

Pros: Ease of use and range of functions. Different ways of seeing information (calander, lists etc).

Cons: Having to submit a report to make lessons complete and open them in a new screen.

by TutorCruncher on 20/04/2018

Hi Alice, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you see that you enjoy using the functionalities on offer in TutorCruncher. We would definitely like to improve upon your experience of customer support, as we take pride in offering a dedicated an in-depth support package to the users with which we work. You can always reach us via the online chat and we would be delighted to understand how we can better work with you going forward.

Andy W.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"The customer support has been very helpful for those new to the system"

Pros: It has an intuitive and useful method of not just managing invoicing but also timetabling with students and tutors

Cons: For Australians, there is no payment system for tutors which must be conducted manually via bank account transfers

by TutorCruncher on 05/04/2018

Hello Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your business, managing invoices and scheduling timetables for students and tutors. The automatic payment is not yet available in Australia, we are very hopeful of providing it soon. Thanks again for you review Andy.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Harriet C.
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2016

"A very happy client"

Comments: I have been beyond impressed by the whole team at TutorcCruncher. They are efficient, hard working and friendly and ALWAYS get the job done. I would highly recommend them.

by TutorCruncher on 17/02/2017

Thank you for your kind review, Harriet. We are as committed as ever to making sure companies like yours are - and stay - happy. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 06/05/2016
Wallace W.
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Double the productivity"

Comments: My business has about 20 classes. TutorCruncher helps me most in scheduling and billing.

Pros: - Reasonably easy to use
- Make scheduling of my
- Integrate the class schedules seamlessly with Google Calendar
- Integration with Stripe
- Account for the time zone difference for my teachers and students
- Simplify the billing process
- Chat support very helpful

Cons: - When you try to list items, such as jobs, students, and parents, while you can use different filters, it doesn't let you sort the order of appearance. For example, you can't list them in alphabetical order.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks Online and Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: TutorCruncher provides just what my business needs with one single SaaS. The learning curve is relatively flat. And in case when I get stuck, I have the chat support to help me.

by TutorCruncher on 11/11/2020

Hi Wallace, We are very happy to hear that you are like our system and are enjoying a variety of the features we have to offer.

Thank you for your feedback on areas we can improve, this is something our developers will look into updating and improving!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Facilitator
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Good software with a range of possibilities, though it takes some getting used to."

Comments: Managing tutors' hours is much easier and saves the business valuable time.

Pros: The wide rang of incorporated functions is valuable to businesses.
The ease of logging tutors' worked hours and payroll saves time and effort.
The administrators can easily see the current statistics of the business, giving necessary insights.
The weekly updates on jobs that have gone cold are great for keeping track of which tutoring jobs are still taking place and which have stagnated.
The software also offers payment options which regrettably are not compatible with all international banking institutions.
Multiple user options on a single account makes it simple to manage clients, students and tutors.
The client/user support is fantastic!

Cons: The software is not intuitive to use and takes a while to get used to. The process feels as though it should be streamlined a bit as there is a lot of clicking involved. The back buttons on some of the pages do not work and do not take a user back to the previous page.

by TutorCruncher on 20/03/2018

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review.
We are glad that tutorcruncher helps your business to manage different functions and is easy to use for you and your users. We are happy that you can easily see the current company statistics day by day, it definitely helps you to have a overview of your business at all times.
If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCrucher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Timothy C.
Timothy C.
Director/Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Amazing team and great piece of software to work with"

Comments: TutorCruncher have been a fantastic team to work with, very helpful in their suggestions and responses, very willing to listen to feedback, and are constantly making improvements to their products and services. Looking forward to continuing to work with and use the software in the years to come.

Pros: As a developer, it has been both easy and fun to write extra utility functions to integrate with the TutorCruncher APIs (https://github.com/unegma/tutorcruncher-utilities)

Cons: As with any piece of software, there are always features and functionalities which are still in development, but we are excited to see where TC will be in a year or so, and we are well on the way to giving 5 stars.

by TutorCruncher on 03/11/2020

Hi Timothy, Thanks for your review, we are very happy to hear that you are enjoying using out API. As I am sure you are aware, we are under constant development, we too very excited about big features our team are working on behind the scenes!

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Carla-mari M.
Company owner and Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Tutor Cruncher is a brilliant system and the staff are super helpful and continue to improve things."

Comments: We are able to manage our daily and weekly activities for our business and also able to track our clients progress along the way.

Pros: How user friendly it is. There are so many options and categories available and they all make things so simple and easy, but are so user friendly to work with. Tutor Cruncher puts everything into place for you, so you just have to slot things in.

Cons: Sometimes things go wrong and we have to wait while that issue is being sorted out. However, the team does sort things out very quickly.

by TutorCruncher on 19/03/2018

Hello Carla, thank you for leaving us a great review.
We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and schedule management. We are very proud to know that we are providing effective support. I¿m sure you appreciate that we cannot stop 100% of problems, but what we can do is to minimise this risk and then solve them immediately. We always try to do our best!
Thanks again Carla!