Cacoo is the perfect software for many usage

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Damien B.
Backend dev
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to learn and use, Cacoo let you make fast and great diagram for any usage.
Nice to make mockup, especially with linked items that let you have a full interactive mock of your app.
The software is also accurate enough to make some graphical mockup
And as you can export them as PDF with link, you can even share them with everyone!
The collaborative tools make this even easier and open Cacoo to a whole new set of usage.
As its easy to use and share, you can have a very nice whiteboard to share with remote collaborator when brainstorming.
And last but not least, the versioning system let you edit as far as you want any diagram without the fear of losing anything in the process :)

Pros: Easy to use. Powerfull. Got some great features.

Cons: There is really nothing I can really complain about on Cacoo. Expect the fact that the very old diagrams made with the very old flash engine are not upgradable to the current one. That's really all.

I have been using Cacoo for about 2 years now. Very easy to use and perfect for my needs.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Lisa R.
Product Management Lead
Customer Support

Pros: Very easy to use and almost immediate support after sending email. Easy way to visualize and organize your work. I provides me with the ability to use 'hand drawn' options which are pretty cool and make it look like we are just "whiteboarding" and not making real decisions right away which puts people at ease.

Cons: I don't know if it is an issue with the product or my internet, but when the wire has a lot of elements it takes a long time to move items (grouped or selected together) or increase or decrease resolution.

Great collaboration software

Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Marc H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've been using Cacoo for years. It is a great piece of cloud-based software. I'm looking forward to using the tool with the new interface.

Pros: I use Cacoo to create highly accurate line art for websites, brochures and other collateral to share with clients prior to development. It has been an indispensable tool for communicating visually. I also like the link sharing function, which makes it easy to share drawings.

Cons: There should be a link share to view and a link share right into the edit mode. When I do share links, often my customers are confused on how to get from the front end of the Cacoo site into the edit mode to actually participate in the editing of the document. Also, sometimes when you zoom out, the fonts don't seem to render correctly.

Simple, Functional, Accessible & Flexible

Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Mark J.
Payroll Transformation Consultant
201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Cacoo can be used for a wide variety of things - As a product owner, I typically use Cacoo for workflow design, user-story mapping, and architectural design/diagramming. Our team is able to collaborate around the work within the application - and the outputs can embed straight into our Confluence pages (Atlassian software) using the Cacoo plugin. It's incredibly easy to use and I'm able to access my work across all of my devices.

Cons: Cacoo previously had a user-driven marketplace for additional stencils, which has now been removed. Whilst they significantly upgraded the standard libraries when they removed it - I liked to be able to browse and add additional stencils for the creative community it had.

One of a kind

Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Developer Senior
Internet, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a software developer I need to create diagrams of states, make prototypes of graphical user interfaces, model data, create entity-relationship diagrams and graphic schemes in my proposals, in each of these activities Cacoo has been my support, through its interface intuitive, modern and its wide variety of resources cover 100% of my needs for layout and prototyping, Cacoo has helped me a lot in my professional activities.

Pros: Cacoo is an excellent application that is part of my most prized tools for prototyping, sketch-ups and any diagram I need. I am a software developer and I use Cacoo constantly, it is a flexible and powerful tool, definitely the one of a kind.

Cons: I have not found anything negative to this wonderful tool

One of the best wireframing tools out there!

Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Chiara C.
Associate Project Director
Media Production, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using Cacoo for creating charts, diagrams, site maps, site architecture and to create images to use in presentations to take people through really complex concepts in a very user friendly and clear way

Pros: I've been using Cacoo for over 7 years now and I still love it and prefer to most other online tools I've tried. It's good value in terms of price but provides an impeccable service and it's completely based online so it's very handy both for collaboration, back ups and can be used pretty much from anywhere.

Cons: the only thing I'd like for them to improve is the image manipulation tool

A lifesaver for the diagrammatic expert and process-flow-impaired

Reviewed on 23/04/2017
Jenny H.
Cloud Developer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After using Visio at work for process flows for several years, I signed up for a free version of Cacoo specifically to mock up some wireframes. I've since started using it for all of my business needs, from diagramming swim lanes for documenting process flows, and I can't imagine life with out it. It's incredibly simple to use, and the free version is full-featured enough to really get a sense of what the tool capable of. The one time I had to ask support for help on a sharing feature they were responsive and knowledgeable. I've hooked a few other coworkers after just by sharing the awesome visual representations I was able to create and we're trying to get it adopted as the standard at our company. Such a time saver and it's improved the quality of my documentation and presentations immensely!

Pros: Ease of use, ease of sharing and exporting

Cons: Different keyboard shortcuts for quick actions (e.g. ctrl + c doesn't always work to copy, so I try to remember to use ctrl + d instead to duplicate, but it throws me off for a second each time)Lo

Best webbased Mockup- and Flowchart tool

Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Jens T.
technical Editor
Internet, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really like to work with Cacoo as I don't have similar Tools like Visio. It is a good platform to be creative. For Example I have used it to create a Gaming Board as a base for an upcoming Board Game.

Pros: This Software is really easy to use and is based on the most popular processes for building strong Flowcharts, Diagrams and Mockups. There are very many Icons and graphics to use

Cons: As it is a webbased Software in some circumstances it is a little slow. and of course you only can use it on big Screens. It should have better performance on Tablets like iPad.

A wonderful diagramming tool

Reviewed on 14/02/2018
Laron H.
Student
Customer Support

Pros: Templates, Templates, Templates. Cacoo has so many templates that I find it hard not to find one that meets a particular need. And once a template is chosen you just input your information particulars and there, you are done! Cacoo offers a great way to visualize your work and also is very organized. I like that it has a history feature to easily undo actions, and provides version control to track major changes.

Cons: The paid version might be on the pricier side when compared to other diagram development tools. Also, I have no problems in this regard, but a novice may take some time to get use to it.

Great Product have been using it for Years!

Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Director Of Implementation
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The convenience of having multiple people working on a project at the same time and communicating with them within the tool.

Pros: We are an agency and I like that I can set up client projects into folders and EVERYONE on our team has access to project flows, site maps, and wireframes whenever and where ever they are.

Cons: The back and forth of going between NuLabs and Cacoo when I have to add another human to the account and or administer the account. Used to now, but it is confusing for anyone coming in new.

Review for Cacoo

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Hariprasath T.
Salesforce Lead Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: When you are a newbie for a Software product and you'll need to understand the product well then use Cacoo to create diagrams to easily understand the flow of the product functionality. When I used Cacoo it was really helpful to understand the functionality of a product using the diagrams
Easily can share with the lead to get approval

Pros: The way we can use it to create diagrams. It's very much easy to create a diagram for a whole big software product features. I am using this and recommend my friends to use for their easiness to build a product in the diagrams using Cacoo.

Cons: Sometimes it's very hard to zoom in and out because the window is somewhat big.

Your free trial got me!

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Ian Z.
Product Manager - Consumer Revenue
Publishing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: As a product manager I found myself often times just just needing to throw together a simple wireframe/mockup and it's harder than you think to just find something simple and straight forward to get that done. Cacoo allowed me to use the full product (with a couple of exceptions) right away and then naturally it's what I thought about the next time I needed to do something similar. Eventually I got to the end of my free pages and the cost made it possible to easily upgrade.

Cons: - Grouping images. There is no straight forward or easy way to group images and assets unless I am totally missing something.
- Keep adding shapes- I think there is a really good start in shapes but you should keep adding shapes and working on the filtering system to get to those shapes.

Great tool for mock-ups and interactive wireframes

Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A robust, simple and fairly priced wireframing tool, that allows building great mockups for marketing and product managers.

Pros: – Easy to use, requires no designer or programmer background to create interactive mockups
– Many pre-built elements for constructing custom wireframes: buttons, inputs, icons, shapes, etc
– Very powerful free version

Cons: – Some UI functions are not very convenient or intuitive. E.g. it's necessary to click the panel item once again to close the context menu (rather than simply click outside the menu).

Great software!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Magdalena S.
Product Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used on a daily basis for composing diagram flows, simple mockups in the IT industry

Pros: It has a lot of nice templates (especially for the diagrams). Mockups look clean and I have a lot of features and flexibility for using the elements and composing mockups.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to find elements you need to use. Some of the elements for the diagrams are missing (especially when it comes to BPMN 2.0)

review for cacoo

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Marc L.
Computer analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm a computer analyst and i use cacoo to draw the screen of the application. Very usefull and very nice application. Also eays to share project with the other analyst. Easy to learn how to use it.

Pros: It's on the internet. Easy to use, good software, reliable

Cons: At first there was a french version of Cacoo. With the new version, they remove the french version, just english. Il would prefer if we still had the french version.

Easy to use for simple diagrams

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Senior Software Architect
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Software system architecture and design diagrams. Collaborating with teams across the globe.

Pros: The ease of use. It is simple and might not include all the fancy features of desktop apps like Visio and Omnigraffle but the fact that it is online and collaborative makes it perfect for sharing and collaborating across global teams.

Cons: Nothing specific comes to mind. More features are always nice but nothing specific I am missing.

Cacoo is very easy to learn and easy to use, with commendable customer support.

Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Software Development Analyst
Telecommunications
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Updates in real-time with collaboration features (chat, etc.). Provides local history to easily undo actions, and version control to track major changes. Basic objects are highly customizable via Inspector tab. Efficient for working by yourself or with a large group/team.

Cons: Currently unable to add new connection points to shapes. Would be helpful if compatibility with similar tools (eg. Visio) is available.

Great looking diagrams

Reviewed on 26/02/2019
James N.
Software engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was turned on to cacoo when I noticed a coworker had amazing looking diagrams. He introduced me to cacoo and it quickly became my go to solution for presentation and documentation diagrams. It's easy to use and make things look visually appealing

Pros: I really like how easy it is to create a diagram that looks visually appealing. It's easy to select a color pallet and style that complents each price of data I want to visualize.

Cons: There are only a few export options that are free.

Eassy to use

Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Diana P.
Studium Director
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With the free version you can save your map to an image. This tool is useful to help students organize their ideas when they are working on a project collaboratively.

Pros: Cacoo allows me to organize my ideas in an easy way. It is very user friendly. The features that I like the most are the templates and the diversity of icons that I can insert in my mind-map.

Cons: Unfortunately you have to pay to print your mind map or to save it to a PDF file.

Great for quick diagramming

Reviewed on 14/07/2017
John M.
Tech Support Team leader
Customer Support

Pros: It's easy to use and intuitive for the most part.
Sharing diagrams in a team is easy - exporting to PPT or PDF is straightforwards

Cons: There are some advanced features that are missing which would be handy.
To be fair though, I've not yet seen a single diagramming tool which has all the features you might need. They all seem to overlap in functionality but there's not one complete package.

Easy to use and features packed.

Reviewed on 09/07/2019
David P.
Directeur de production et RH
Internet, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very easy to use and allows to deliver quick diagrams and maps to use in presentations.

Pros: Ease of use and versality are the two main advantages. It's so quick to be mastered that it makes it the "go to" application for drawing/mapping.

Cons: I dislike the fact that you can't access the work one did during the trial period once it expires. For the rest, I dont have much cons to talk about really.

One of the Best Application to Recommend

Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Technical Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use cacoo to do all my project flow chart since Degree to Master to Working. Always recommend Cacoo to all my colleague. Best Application ever.

Pros: 1) Easy to use
2) Make everything more efficient
3) Visualize tools, easy to understanding
4) Can be work with team

Cons: 1) Not suitable for using while in slow internet connection
2) Prefer to have "Snap Tools", so that "Line" can get more accurate with others

You can express your design ideas

Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Fernando P.
Software Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Exceptional. Really really I love this product and the facilities that offer to me and my business

Pros: Has templates that can help you to visualize ways to express the design and ideas to the customers and save time at the same moment

Cons: Maybe need some upgrade about shapes options and templates related to paradigms like design process

Productivity is the key!

Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Desenvolvedor de software pleno
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm using Cacoo since the time i was in college, and along the time i saw how Cacoo has grown. Always to easy to use and with a complete toolbox. I'm a mind map lover, and with Cacoo is to easy to create and most important, share.

Pros: Easy to create diagrams and share with the team, improving the productivity!

Cons: It could have a desktop version to work offline.

One of the great teaching tools

Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Kay marlina K.
Lecturer
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can monitor my students' progress and see how they are collaborating in creating diagrams. I can't find any other tools the same. Great work.

Pros: I can add my students into groups and they can collaborate with each other.

Cons: I can't create sub folder for the projects/groups. Its will be better if I can rearrange the completed projects.