Cacoo Reviews

Great collaboration software

Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Marc H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've been using Cacoo for years. It is a great piece of cloud-based software. I'm looking forward to using the tool with the new interface.

Pros: I use Cacoo to create highly accurate line art for websites, brochures and other collateral to share with clients prior to development. It has been an indispensable tool for communicating visually. I also like the link sharing function, which makes it easy to share drawings.

Cons: There should be a link share to view and a link share right into the edit mode. When I do share links, often my customers are confused on how to get from the front end of the Cacoo site into the edit mode to actually participate in the editing of the document. Also, sometimes when you zoom out, the fonts don't seem to render correctly.

One of a kind

Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Developer Senior
Internet, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a software developer I need to create diagrams of states, make prototypes of graphical user interfaces, model data, create entity-relationship diagrams and graphic schemes in my proposals, in each of these activities Cacoo has been my support, through its interface intuitive, modern and its wide variety of resources cover 100% of my needs for layout and prototyping, Cacoo has helped me a lot in my professional activities.

Pros: Cacoo is an excellent application that is part of my most prized tools for prototyping, sketch-ups and any diagram I need. I am a software developer and I use Cacoo constantly, it is a flexible and powerful tool, definitely the one of a kind.

Cons: I have not found anything negative to this wonderful tool

One of the best wireframing tools out there!

Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Chiara C.
Associate Project Director
Media Production, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using Cacoo for creating charts, diagrams, site maps, site architecture and to create images to use in presentations to take people through really complex concepts in a very user friendly and clear way

Pros: I've been using Cacoo for over 7 years now and I still love it and prefer to most other online tools I've tried. It's good value in terms of price but provides an impeccable service and it's completely based online so it's very handy both for collaboration, back ups and can be used pretty much from anywhere.

Cons: the only thing I'd like for them to improve is the image manipulation tool

Best webbased Mockup- and Flowchart tool

Jens T.
technical Editor
Internet, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really like to work with Cacoo as I don't have similar Tools like Visio. It is a good platform to be creative. For Example I have used it to create a Gaming Board as a base for an upcoming Board Game.

Pros: This Software is really easy to use and is based on the most popular processes for building strong Flowcharts, Diagrams and Mockups. There are very many Icons and graphics to use

Cons: As it is a webbased Software in some circumstances it is a little slow. and of course you only can use it on big Screens. It should have better performance on Tablets like iPad.

Great Product have been using it for Years!

Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Director Of Implementation
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The convenience of having multiple people working on a project at the same time and communicating with them within the tool.

Pros: We are an agency and I like that I can set up client projects into folders and EVERYONE on our team has access to project flows, site maps, and wireframes whenever and where ever they are.

Cons: The back and forth of going between NuLabs and Cacoo when I have to add another human to the account and or administer the account. Used to now, but it is confusing for anyone coming in new.

Your free trial got me!

Ian Z.
Product Manager - Consumer Revenue
Publishing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: As a product manager I found myself often times just just needing to throw together a simple wireframe/mockup and it's harder than you think to just find something simple and straight forward to get that done. Cacoo allowed me to use the full product (with a couple of exceptions) right away and then naturally it's what I thought about the next time I needed to do something similar. Eventually I got to the end of my free pages and the cost made it possible to easily upgrade.

Cons: - Grouping images. There is no straight forward or easy way to group images and assets unless I am totally missing something.
- Keep adding shapes- I think there is a really good start in shapes but you should keep adding shapes and working on the filtering system to get to those shapes.

Great tool for mock-ups and interactive wireframes

Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A robust, simple and fairly priced wireframing tool, that allows building great mockups for marketing and product managers.

Pros: – Easy to use, requires no designer or programmer background to create interactive mockups
– Many pre-built elements for constructing custom wireframes: buttons, inputs, icons, shapes, etc
– Very powerful free version

Cons: – Some UI functions are not very convenient or intuitive. E.g. it's necessary to click the panel item once again to close the context menu (rather than simply click outside the menu).

Great software!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Magdalena S.
Product Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used on a daily basis for composing diagram flows, simple mockups in the IT industry

Pros: It has a lot of nice templates (especially for the diagrams). Mockups look clean and I have a lot of features and flexibility for using the elements and composing mockups.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to find elements you need to use. Some of the elements for the diagrams are missing (especially when it comes to BPMN 2.0)

review for cacoo

Marc L.
Computer analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm a computer analyst and i use cacoo to draw the screen of the application. Very usefull and very nice application. Also eays to share project with the other analyst. Easy to learn how to use it.

Pros: It's on the internet. Easy to use, good software, reliable

Cons: At first there was a french version of Cacoo. With the new version, they remove the french version, just english. Il would prefer if we still had the french version.

Easy to use for simple diagrams

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Senior Software Architect
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Software system architecture and design diagrams. Collaborating with teams across the globe.

Pros: The ease of use. It is simple and might not include all the fancy features of desktop apps like Visio and Omnigraffle but the fact that it is online and collaborative makes it perfect for sharing and collaborating across global teams.

Cons: Nothing specific comes to mind. More features are always nice but nothing specific I am missing.

Great looking diagrams

Reviewed on 26/02/2019
James N.
Software engineer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was turned on to cacoo when I noticed a coworker had amazing looking diagrams. He introduced me to cacoo and it quickly became my go to solution for presentation and documentation diagrams. It's easy to use and make things look visually appealing

Pros: I really like how easy it is to create a diagram that looks visually appealing. It's easy to select a color pallet and style that complents each price of data I want to visualize.

Cons: There are only a few export options that are free.

One of the Best Application to Recommend

Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Technical Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use cacoo to do all my project flow chart since Degree to Master to Working. Always recommend Cacoo to all my colleague. Best Application ever.

Pros: 1) Easy to use
2) Make everything more efficient
3) Visualize tools, easy to understanding
4) Can be work with team

Cons: 1) Not suitable for using while in slow internet connection
2) Prefer to have "Snap Tools", so that "Line" can get more accurate with others

You can express your design ideas

Fernando P.
Software Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Exceptional. Really really I love this product and the facilities that offer to me and my business

Pros: Has templates that can help you to visualize ways to express the design and ideas to the customers and save time at the same moment

Cons: Maybe need some upgrade about shapes options and templates related to paradigms like design process

Productivity is the key!

Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Desenvolvedor de software pleno
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm using Cacoo since the time i was in college, and along the time i saw how Cacoo has grown. Always to easy to use and with a complete toolbox. I'm a mind map lover, and with Cacoo is to easy to create and most important, share.

Pros: Easy to create diagrams and share with the team, improving the productivity!

Cons: It could have a desktop version to work offline.

One of the great teaching tools

Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Kay marlina K.
Lecturer
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can monitor my students' progress and see how they are collaborating in creating diagrams. I can't find any other tools the same. Great work.

Pros: I can add my students into groups and they can collaborate with each other.

Cons: I can't create sub folder for the projects/groups. Its will be better if I can rearrange the completed projects.

A clean and easy tool

Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Gonzalo P.
Technician
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Cacoo is simply the best toool for office layouts, Mobiliary design, datacenter modeling, and any grafical task.

Pros: cacoo, give the posibilitie of do some Office Layouts and Datacenters Maps in my six Jobs where i ise it, and i dont know any other tool that help me to do my jobs in that way. Cacoo is very simple, usefull and easy to use.

Cons: i have no cons to tell, i used cacoo for a very long time and i havents any bad thing about it.

My love and hate tools.

Yu wei C.
Backend Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: My favorite software is the Shapes, I can easy to find the match shape and using on my graph in the min time.

Cons: My least favorite is the Elbow Line. I use a lot and copy the elbow line to connect the shape. sometime when I modify elbow line to up-down or lift-right. it will output Lightning type.

Good tool

Software Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very good experience.

Pros: - Multiple users can edit one diagram at the same time.
- Functionality to "play" diagrams like a presentation.
- Nice export options (pdf, png)
- easy to share with other users

Cons: In the past, Cacoo was using Flash but they've already migrated to HTML so, no Cons for me.

Happy Cacoo user

Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Martin T.
Software developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like how easy it is to share a sheet you just created. I often add them to the README.md in my software projects. It's important dat diagrams look good and that is easy to do with Cacoo.

Cons: The paid version is a monthly fee but I don't use it that often. I might pay for an extra sheet or a more pay per use model.

Review

Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Pretty good. I am still here and there are a lot of options out there. I think your price point is the main reason.

Pros: I can make a quick diagram for my dev team. Easy to use and understand.

Cons: I wish the icons like the AWS icons displayed the name of the icon. I think it is a waste of time to have to enter AWS Cognito. Need way better mobile wireframe icons. You need to group your icons based on devices, frameworks, or operating systems.

Excellent Web Application

Giuseppe S.
IT PMO
Gambling & Casinos, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use this platform principally to create presentation and diagrams that support me in my work.
I'm working as Project Manager in a Gambling company.

Pros: There are more motivation to advise this software to my collegues.
Principally the platform is very simply to use, the interface is very intuitive.
I use this platform because there are a lot of templates that I can choose, there are icons and functions that support me to create diagram and presentation in a short while.

Cons: There aren't functionality that I like least about this software.
I think that this Web Application is perfect.

Try it, You wan't regret

Reviewed on 15/01/2019
MIS
Computer Hardware, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Friendly, Convenient, Use it everywhere.

Pros: 1. Free
2. Easy hands on
3. Power charts, flow, and a lots of template from internet.

Cons: Function upgrade: Flash to html5. Faster that you can't imagine.
of course, free for limited sheet.

Great experience

Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Sr
Libraries, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use cacoo for teaching and making mental maps by also organization chart

Pros: This software is very friendly, is easy to use and it gives us a lot of alternatives to make great presentations. I do like it

Cons: I use free version, I would like that it lets print in pdf.

Review

.Net systems analyst
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is possible to make all diagrams possible for a diagram and use this in presentations. That's the best thing about Cacoo!

Cons: I think I could have more objects to use in the diagrams, but otherwise the software is very good!

A tool that every product manager needs

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Yen ching L.
Chief Product Officer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Gives you the flexibility to create wireframes and mock ups easily.

Cons: Newest version has a few bugs to iron out but the customer service team are great at getting issues resolved quickly.