PHP Point of Sale Reviews

by PHP Point Of Sale

• Overall
    4.7 /5

About PHP Point of Sale

With PHP POS on Mac, PC, iOS or Droid, pay no more than $34/mo. per location for advanced features needed in today's retail marketplace

Learn more about PHP Point of Sale

Chris L.
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2017

"Best value for the money... best value even if they charged more"

Comments: This system is amazing. The value you get for the cost of this system is hands down the best out there. You can spend 5 to 10K dollars and get suckered into NEC products that don't perform half as well. PHP POS provides so much above and beyond in the realm of customer service that any of the other people would charge you out the ear for. We have been using PHP POS as a hosted solution for a year and what little support we have needed has been immediately delivered. I know I am costing myself money here but they need to raise the price of this product. They are selling too cheaply.

Pros: This product does everything a small brick and mortar store needs. It handles them well. I run this system as my own hosted code so the team has created software changes just for me. You will never get that kind of customer service from another vendor.

Cons: There is very little about this system that is a negative. You are narrowly focused to a few Credit Card suppliers but that has expanded and I suspect will continue to do so. It does run in a browser so you do need to be sure to follow specific instructions and use firefox.. which is no big deal. I still use chrome and IE when I don't need the receipt printers.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2017
Mitz L.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2016

"Hard to beat PHPPOS"

Comments: Trying to convey away from the traditional Point of Sale system, we decided to test PHP Point of Sale. We were very impressed from the moment we started using it. Compared to the many different software we tried, we found PHP POS to have the best user interface. It is perfectly laid out, making the workflow very easy to understand. We also found PHP POS to be the fastest most responsive out there. Carrying out transfers and sales was very easy and logically delivered in the system. PHP POS also gave us the necessary reports for our staff. One of the things we liked the most about PHP POS was the ability to have it installed on our servers. None of the web-based software we tried allowed us to do that. When it came to customer support, PHP POS would answer our questions in a matter of minutes. The developers are also always on top of customers recommendations as we posted a few requests and they were added in the subsequent version. The only thing that PHP POS fell short for us was in its ability to add GL accounts to complement with a Financial software. Other than that, PHP POS is the best one out there. It can quite well adapt to many different applications in the retail industry.

Pros: Everything. It is very well built software.

Cons: It does not have the ability to add GL accounts

• Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Raghu Y.
Ui developer
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2018

"Ultimate product for reports generation"

Comments: PHP Point Of Sale gains a monetary for our business to track the reports at real time extremely high end product with lots of features in it, the items and inventory can generate reports based on sales. This program works great for businesses that use cash, check, or account numbers for their sales. For my business needs, it's gaining my business to huge thanks for php point of sale .....

Pros: PHP point of sale is mainly used for reports generation unlike other softwares, php point of sale does it all work at one place, we can sync with apps that you already use like QuickBook, Square, and Woocommerce. To boost our business in no time ,extra clean format of dashboard can be maintained to the end user ie.. reports generation. Quiet easy with this software, php point of sale is a best product to recommended to small and medium-sized businesses people to track their levels of business in graphical format.. thanks for php point of sale

Cons: No cons till now php point of sale has to improve one basic source is when ever product is sold on daily basis or item can't be checked try to improve this overall good product

• Reviewed on 23/12/2018
Eugene N.
Technician / Technology Advicer
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2016

"A Happy user of 4 Years of using PHP Point Of Sales"

Comments: Start using PHP Point Of Sales in my on computer repairs business, been a happy user for most of the time due to the software functionality, stable and easy to use. Also it is on the affordable pricing; as a small business , software pricing is very important. Along these year had been introduce PHPPOS to client, they purchased it and we deploy it for them. Can see PHPPOS is growing into a mature software, our repair business had been grow together with different version of PHPPOS although we are not actively in the forum.

Pros: simple, easy; straight to the point. that is the beauty for a small business usage no fancy not necessary function

Cons: no function of click/drag an item into to create a bundle and just display a final price instead of pre-create a package first then start sell it.
Quotation/ Estimate never show as Quotation, it still show as Sales Receipt

• Reviewed on 17/11/2016
Qadri T.
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2017

"I have been giving this solution to my customers and they are more than satisfied with the software"

Comments: Best ROI

Pros: PHP point of sale has a very intuitive interface and that every new user can understand in a matter of few minutes.
PHP POS has large number of reports with very flexible filters to get the information needed
PHP POINT OF SALE has great sale handling capabilities which huge super markets require to handle volume of sale

Cons: php point of sale comes with single location license and one needs to buy additional license for additional location.
Credit sales is recorded in store account. it will be better if each customer has credit and debit accounts

• Reviewed on 22/08/2017
Burton P.
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"POP software evaluation"

Comments: The software is great and when our IT person is looking for changes your people are right on it and do great work. The biggest issue is getting bogged down with the cloud because of extremely slow DSL lines (and sometimes they just stop) and to do anything about it we need to install T1 lines. Other than that we this is best product we have used.

Pros: Amazing service to fix gliches and download our initial database. The ability to sort things by date scenarios and know where stores are at during the day is amazing.

Cons: As I said before sometimes our internet service which is a DSL doesn't work and that makes life difficult. That service is not by our choosing. We have areas of Pittsburgh that don't even have any service other than dial-up. We will have to put in T! lines at a substantial cost.

Marilyn G.
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Easy product to transition to from other programs"

Pros: Easy to use. Easy to create categories and payment methods used. I like that one can suspend a sale while helping out another customer.

Cons: Would like to be able to get a report of inventory levels from the beginning of the month to end of the month by looking at closeout reports. It just reports the current inventory amount regardless of the day. When entering a new item, one needs to find the next product number. It would be nice if it would learn how you create product numbers based on prior input and put in the next one for you.

Peyton H.
Sysadmin
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Great, easy to use software that works well. Missing some features but overall it is very good."

Comments: The ability to actually OWN the software and not have monthly fees. The ability to have one central database and application for all 7 locations. The ability to modify the source code to fit my needs. The ease of use and the friendly support are all bonuses too!

Pros: This software is easy to use and easy to maintain. One single application with one single database for all locations makes maintenance a breeze. It has integration to Mailchimp, Woo-Commerce, and most of the hardware we already use. It even includes a customer loyalty system! The ability to process sales from any browser connected to the internet is very powerful. The support I have received has been nothing less than stellar. I have gotten most responses within minutes (within business hours), and have yet to have an unresolved issue.

Cons: The reporting system that the software uses leaves some to be desired. I have not gotten experienced enough to see all that it offers, but I wish there were an easier way to make custom reports using SQL queries to select the data. I understand that this feature would most likely go unused by most users, but from a sysadmin perspective I would like more fine-grained control over the data that I am able to select.

Christopher R.
Small Business Owner
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Always supportive, excellent product and support."

Pros: Ease of use and the dashboard with graphics. I love the numerous report features/options that are available. It easy to add item and quantity and the display and graphics are exceptional

Cons: Unable to see yr over yr reporting or month over month reporting comparison side by side view or etc! Being that I am a small business owner, I like to see what sales and expenses were incurred in a view by week over week, month over month and yearly vs yearly.

John C.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Awesome product, I use it everyday on multiple devices"

Comments: this is the one piece of software that i cant live without. it is very easy to use and easy to customize. Since it is written in PHP, and the code is open, someone with some basic programming skills can tweak it. my only wish is that it would support more payment processors (like authorize.net) but i have a workaround. works great on my desktop (2 in my shop) my ipad, and cell phone. And since i am a small business, the price is right what i can afford. 2 thumbs up!

Pros: easy to use, has all the features i want.

Cons: there isnt anything i dont like

Karen A.
Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Excellent platform to build from"

Comments: I am an experienced PHP developer that specializes in database applications for customer management. I have used PHPPOS for 2 client projects (a yoga studio and magazine publisher) as a base platform to customize from. PHPPOS has made it easy to extend, adding on extra modules as needed for my clients.

Pros: Excellent out-of-the box functionality. Open source and self-hosted, so a developer can build onto it.

Cons: Support for product shipping would be excellent, it's something I ended up adding myself.

Tasleem Q.
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"It is the best point of sale I have ever used that can be used from anywhere anytime to manage store"

Pros: The best thing in php point of sale is its device independent. We can use it on our mobile or tab as well.
Its speed and ease of use to manage a store is very good. Php Point of sale has plenty of reports to analyze business from any aspect.

Cons: If server is not set properly performance degrades. I don't see option to define unit of measurement in items. Like price per KG

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Michelle A.
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2016

"PHP Fantastic product for my fashion boutique!"

Comments: I bought the product around 5 years ago, it offers everything I need for my small fashion boutique. Its easy to input information and great for the daily running of my business. I can run reports, show graphs and I can export to excel. I'm seriously thinking about going on the cloud to make sure my data is safe as I currently just back up to a usb daily. I strongly recommend this product. Michelle (Island Designs, Australia)

Pros: How easy it is to use.

Cons: N/A

• Reviewed on 30/11/2016
Emily G.
Finance Director
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Feature-rich, customizable, great support"

Comments: Reports help me decide what items to order and quickly show our profits. The latest update that allows for variations is awesome, it makes it so simple to add in sizes and colors.

Pros: The software is robust, offers everything we need (and more), and it is constantly being upgraded and updated. The reports are great, and the software works well in browser, or through the app.

Juan carlos D.
Clothstore owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Very good aplication"

Comments: Only some features missing like sizes an colors or atributes for items and some minus features. But very recomended software for the point of sales business.

Pros: The online system is a great feature because I can see in real time the sales and reports.

Cons: Some features missing like item atributes for sizes and colors and hide the sales grafic only for some users (employees).

Isabel T.
Boutique Owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Very customer friendly Software"

Comments: I have been using this software for 2 years now and it is very easy to use. They are always upgrading their system to provide better features without causing any disruption of our hours of operation and it is very affordable in comparison to other Point of Sales. I use it for my womens boutique and I would definitely recommend it!!

Pros: The different types of reports it provides me.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2016
Clay B.
Business Mgr
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"great product and depend on it daily to run our business"

Comments: easy sales and reporting; great to integrate with stripe. great product for a multiple site business like ours; Team have done a great job meeting small business needs

Pros: integration with stripe is great feature; also the commitment to upgrades is solid, so easy to get up and running with economical equipment

B.jay W.
office manager
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"I use the system from user to, admin, to setup/maintenance."

Pros: It is very user friendly and was one of the few POS that had just about everything we were looking for and needed.

Cons: The fact it is web based is probably one of the only troubles we have had. If our internet goes down then we need a backup web source in place.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Brian C.
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"It's a lightweight pos and is simple to use."

Pros: Php based makes this software great to us. You can customize it to support many types of businesses.

Cons: Needs better sales suspension option or a quoting system. The install could be easier especially when migrating servers.

Andy D.
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Very good system And great company support"

Pros: Ease of use , price is excellent
ompany support is excellent
Flexibility is great
Upgrades are very useful

Cons: Requires company support to move to new pc . Has not been an issue yet but eventually will replace the POS laptop

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Bryan L.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"So glad we moved to PHP POS"

Comments: I have been very happy with PHP Point of Sale. From the functionality to the quick response it has been a pleasure to use.

Pros: Ease of use, mobile app, and great customer service

Cons: I wish I could save custom reports

Josh E.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Great point of sale system"

Comments: This is a great point of sale system we've been using it for about four years now and really have not too many complaints anytime I've had an issue Chris is been quick to solve it. Well may not be perfect for every niche it's perfect for us

Pros: Ease-of-use

Cons: Ease-of-use

Noorali L.
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2018

"Over all good experience with php"

Comments: Sales
Inventory control
Cash track
Expenses track
Need yo add RMA feature and need to add exchange items for defect goods.

Pros: Easy to ring up items as well tracking store accounts balance account statement .. Mostly the inventory part.

Cons: Tracking the item sales is not easy by customers.
Then can not track the mileage for delivery.
Then the PayPal feature dont work.

by PHP Point Of Sale on 01/05/2018

Thanks for the review! Which paypal feature are you referring to? If it is paypal.me this only works for store account statements via email (Gives them link to pay). Send a message to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Anthony L.
IT
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees

"Very easy to used"

Comments: i think is the best online POS Software ever made. easy to used and always is updated. I buy the online version is the best.

Pros: Every udated

Cons: No easy to make modification

Jack H.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

"Excellent software!"

Comments: This is a fanatic bit of softwhere for small businesses, I started out small and used this at first 2 years later and hundreds of more products and I still find it as easy and friendly to use! The customer service feedback and support is also great, I had a few issues that were resolved personally and promptly!

Pros: Easy to use and flexible

Cons: Some limitations to a few things minor.