15 years helping British businesses

About Guru

AI-powered enterprise search, intranet, and knowledge base in one. Find knowledge anywhere, and share it anywhere in any language.

Learn more about Guru

Pros:

Guru's AI features keep getting better. Guru's Chrome and Slack integrations make it easy to access and create knowledge without leaving your workflow.

Cons:

The trial version is limited in some access features.

Guru ratings

4.8
4.8
4.7
4.7

9.3/10

Guru has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 357 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Guru before?

Che
Che
Customer Service Representative in US
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

Highly recommended knowledge platform!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: GURU has a dedicated article for each concern that I handle, and it really helps me resolving the issues correctly and in a timely manner. I can easily follow the steps to fully assist our customers in each problem that I get.

Pros:

Using GURU is so much easy and very helpful with my work as a customer support agent. Our company implements to use GURU in every ticket that we handle so I use it all the time. For me, GURU help icon feature is so convenient to use in checking new release notes (Resource Center). Also, the integration with chrome extension really helps me to have a faster resolution in every case that I handle.

Cons:

The only improvement that I can think about is that when I'm searching on the search bar using keywords, it also suggest not so related articles that I'm looking for.

Modesto
Quality Experience Management in Mexico
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501–1,000 Employees

Guru experience

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have only been using this product for a little over a year and I was able to quickly get the hang of its, it's very easy to use. Compared to the last platform I was using this is very organized and you have the option of setting up a library with your favorite cards or those that you use frequently, given you quick access for when you need them. Overall, it's a great product and I'm glad my company made the switch.

Pros:

Guru cards are very organized and easily accessible, when you find card that you use frequently you can categorize them and save them, so they are easily accessible when you need them. This great for when you have cards that you use on a daily basis. The cards are very clean and are not clustered up with unnecessary information, you can easily and quickly edit information if necessary, and the platform is very user friendly.

Cons:

There really isn't much to dislike about the product, it would be nice if you could open up multiple cards at once instead of opening each on individually.

Jorgen
Jorgen
Manager of Technical Operations in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great for when your team is small

Comments: Guru was a great place for our team to start their knowledge base. However, as the content in our Guru grew, it was difficult to find and update information in our Guru.

Pros:

Simple notes Can be accessed anywhere with their Chrome extension Supported rich notes (html, images)

Cons:

Lack of organization Very opinionated (you have to think like Guru's team to really utilize their product) Difficult to maintain as the amount of content in your Guru expands Awful searching

Rafael
Anti-money laundering investigator in UK
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Overall all, positive experience

Pros:

Guru prioritises the domain I work in, and their algorithm gives me results focused on my domain first. Depending on search terms being used, then they provide what is most relevant to the term searched. Very often, this is a time saving exercise.

Cons:

After multiple results pops up for the same keyword, I try to open a Guru Card that I think could be relevant. I try to filter the result by using CTRL + F, but the card functions as a pop up, so the machine still consider all the keywords on the Guru cards that I have not yet selected, meaning I can't always use CTRL + F to speed up the process of finding what I want

Tricia
Contact Center Director in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Great cloud-based knowledge management solution.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: GREAT! We are very happy customers with this partner.

Pros:

Slack integration, affordability, great support staff.

Cons:

I really do not have anything that we are unhappy about.

Alternatives Considered: Tidio and Verint Knowledge Management

Reasons for Switching to Guru: Functionality, free trial , ease of use & price!

Max
Merchant Success Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Needed for any company in tech

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have worked with Guru at a company of over 10,000 and one of just under 100, and at both instances it was generally super easy, reliable and most importantly effective

Pros:

Search is 2nd to none, being able to segment resources and database also amazing

Cons:

Sometimes making the cards is not super intuitive

Cheska
Customer Service in Philippines
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Guru: A reliable and user-friendly Knowledge base

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Guru was smooth from searching to time management, it’s so wonderful to be a partner in work.

Pros:

I like Guru than our previous tools because it’s user friendly. Very convenient to use and can be personalized.

Cons:

I just don’t like is when it automatically log out.

Anthony
Training Lead, Knowledge Management in US
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

Guru: Your #1 Knowledge Database Solution

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Guru is an excellent solution for documenting policies, SOPs, "industry jargon," internal practices, and more for any team in any company. Its ease of use and collaborative nature allow it to be effective for any size team/department/organization/company. Guru's analytics options provide extremely helpful insight into usage and knowledge gaps that have helped my company propel initiatives forward to help operational efficiency and increase quality. Its AI features are cutting edge too!

Pros:

Ease of use, collaborative spirit, advanced analytics options, helpful for addressing knowledge gaps, cutting-edge AI features, ease of management.

Cons:

The only complaint I can think of is I wish individual cards would be able to exist in more than 1 collection. And that's seriously the only downside I could think of!

Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The best knowledge management platform!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, Guru helps me a lot. It will be a friend to you once you engage with knowing the in and outs of Guru. It will help you provide resolution for complex issues and it is constantly updated so we can guarantee that the information we are providing is accurate.

Pros:

What appeals to me most about Guru is its user-friendliness. It incorporates AI, Chrome extensions, and additional features that streamline an agent's access to information. From my perspective, Guru's simplicity enhances agents' effectiveness. I consistently rely on Guru for swift issue resolution and the delivery of precise information. Leveraging Guru facilitates exceptional customer support, particularly with its convenient integration with Chrome extensions, leading to expedited issue resolution.

Cons:

What I dislike, however, is that most of the time keywords does not pull up the correct article. It may be more helpful if we can have more accurate results in search.

Biotechnology, 51–200 Employees

Seamless integration into my workflow

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

As the title suggests, it really is seamless in my function's day to day work. We are a very text-heavy team, and the fact that Guru is one central place for all bulletins, macros, and also a place where we directly edit and verify is super helpful.

Cons:

Notifications and/or tasks are hidden in the desktop browser. I don't like that it sometimes glitches.

Matthew
DevOps Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Refreshing way to record and keep vital company and procedural knowledge

Comments: Overall, I love this product. My teammates regularly thank me for finding and implementing it here at our company. I use it daily and even got approval from management to require everyone who uses it to generate at least 1 article a week. It continues to make a big difference almost daily.

Pros:

Guru is fantastic for creating and sharing knowledge. Even if you are the only person on your team that uses this, you can record and refer back to anything you register with Guru. I use it to help me remember what I did and share tutorials that often need to be repeated to help other members of the company - like configuring an FTP program, as this procedure is the same every time with only minor changes. It saves a ton of time to share that procedure with screenshots via a link in Teams or a simple PDF export that can be attached to an email. Secondly, the feature to pass verification to other team members and even have Guru flag articles for re-verification on a schedule is amazing! Fantastic product!

Cons:

My biggest complaints are the lack of plugins that work in Outlook and Firefox. There was a period when the website would not even load appropriately with Firefox making it temporarily useless for my standard work. Luckily, customer service got their developers to fix the issue within a few weeks. I would like to see compatibility across various systems. Having a background in web development, the lack of cross-compatibility is upsetting to see and experience, especially in this current age of tech - 20 years ago, it was a different story.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft OneNote , Microsoft Teams , WordPress and Wiki Software +

Reasons for Switching to Guru: The sharing abilities, promise of working plugins (doh!), and the ability to have verifiers to articles (one of my favorite features).

Sarah
Marketing Events Manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Changed the way my team collaborates!

Comments: I've had a wonderful experience with Guru. As the primary administrator, Guru has changed the way I work and how my team collaborates and receives information. I would recommend this product to anyone experiencing the same issues I was.

Pros:

My team loves Guru. We use it for event management and to house details of every event we're attending. I love that I can tag and update my team on Cards that have new information, and how they can easily access every Card from the Guru App. Guru is very simple to use. Once you figure out how you want your information to be organized, building it out is easy! I also love the custom Template feature because a lot of my Cards are similarly built. This saves me so much time when setting up each Card. Both my team and I are in Guru multiple times a day and we have found that this is the best and fastest way to get information updates, while keeping all details in a clean home.

Cons:

There are a few annoying tech glitches but nothing that hasn't been fixed when I bring it up to their support team. I seem to find these glitches when I'm moving too fast in the program and it can't keep up with me! But like I mentioned, when I bring things up to their support team, they have addressed my concerns very quickly and a lot of times, have it fixed within 24 hours. It's honestly amazing how quickly they can make updates.

Alternatives Considered: Google Docs and Happeo

Reasons for Switching to Guru: The way everything was organized and laid out was essential. I wanted to be able to see everything at once- and not have to dig to find things. I also loved that I could send out notifications to my card subscribers. This has been super easy for me and my team! It's almost like a check-list of to-dos for them when I send out notifications.

Will
Professional Services Delivery Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Our team's preferred internal knowledge base

Comments: It's essential -- we cannot do our jobs efficiently or consistently without Guru.

Pros:

Information health is critical, so the verification status of each card in Guru helps our team know how trustworthy each card is.

Cons:

Folders can only go 3 deep (folder within a folder within a folder). This means I need to rethink the organizational structure of cards to ensure a ton of information doesn't end up in a single folder making it difficult to locate stuff)

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

More engaging than Confluence.

Comments: Overall, guru was able to Help share and disperse information to our entire organization. This also reduce the amount of repeat question asking.

Pros:

Knowledge alerts. These allowed us to share information with the rest of the organization through guru and kept them updated with products announcements and support questions.

Cons:

Set up was a bit labor-intensive but once you put the effort in it pays off and you’re well on your way. The dashboard layout could use some experience changes but for the most part it is intuitive and easy to use.

Wildred
Trainer in Dominican Republic
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

I love using Guru it makes it easy for me.

Comments: I love that Guru is a straightforward app to use, it's effortless to navigate, and you can access it easily.

Pros:

- Organization ( every article is very organized and makes sense throughout the reading process) -If you heart an article it automatically will prompt you to save it under your favorites and you can decide whether to add in to a singular folder or with the rest of the favorites articles. -It shows the last time the article was updated, which is a plus when working in customer services to find out when it became effective. -It has asked Guru, which works really well when you remember the name of the article. -the display of the app is user-friendly and makes it easy to understand. -You could add comments to the Guru card r for you to notify the person who posted the article in case it needs updates. - you can share the Guru link easily

Cons:

When looking for a Guru article that has been deleted, nothing comes up, you have to investigate with a superior to find out the article was deleted, maybe there should be a feature where it still shows you the name of the article showing it was deleted.

Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Guru is the best knowledge best tool

Pros:

What I like best about Guru is the fact that everything is accessible and user-friendly. You can create cards, you can share your knowledge and ideas with your community. I can see which has been verified as well for additional credibility.It was nice as well to see who creted each cards and when were they created. I love the fact that there is a "my library" so I can "favorite" cards that I usually use and as there were cases I forgot which card I opened, I can check it on the "recently viewed" It was a good tool indeed, an encyclopedia for each community.

Cons:

I honestly can't find anything to dislike about Guru. It has been part of my everyday life at work and even on rest days when I just want to read some cards and it was very helpful. I feel like there are still so much to explore on the tool that I haven't had the chance to check yet.

Willensky
Senior Technical Analyst in US

User feedback.

Comments: I like using GURU overall.

Pros:

It's great to have a platform that is central and everyone can see and use the same information. This help keep our processes uniform.

Cons:

Sometimes get hard to find specific cards. Not sure if it's due to the tags that are being used for search.

Keri
Sr Partner Success Ambassador in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Guru is the greatest!

Comments: In my role, I need to be able to know nearly everything in order to support both internal stakeholders and external customers. Before Guru, finding information was extremely time-consuming, and you never knew if what you found was actually up-to-date since our company is a constantly evolving start-up. Thanks to Guru, my team has been able to create a fast and reliable knowledge base, and others within the org are jumping in as well. Guru has revolutionized how we create and access knowledge, increasing our efficiency, accuracy, and collaboration by leaps and bounds.

Pros:

Guru is easy to use and user-friendly.Guru makes finding information quick and easy.Guru's AI features keep getting better!Guru's Chrome and Slack integrations make it easy to access and create knowledge without leaving your workflow.

Cons:

I wish the Starter plan had a little more functionality, like the ability to use Zapier and some limited analytics.The Chrome extension periodically has glitches.The higher tier plans are cost-prohibitive for a smaller company.

Gabriella
Facilitator in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!

Comments: We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Pros:

Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

Cons:

Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards

Avinash
Team Lead in India
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Game changer Guru

Pros:

User-friendly interface, AI-powered suggestions, verification process, integration capabilities, and analytics. These features make it a comprehensive knowledge management tool that can enhance collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing within teams and organizations

Cons:

Having robust analytics and reporting capabilities would provide insights into knowledge usage, content effectiveness, and user engagement. This data could help organizations identify knowledge gaps, measure the impact of knowledge sharing initiatives, and make data-driven decisions to improve knowledge management strategies

Rob
Rob
Director EBusiness in Canada
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

The Company Brain

Comments: Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Pros:

There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it. 1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content 2) Great search function and AI 3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Cons:

layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Business Knowledge App

Comments: It really helps me quite my teammates quite educated on what's new in the company and this saves a LOT of of talking or explaining. I'm really glad Guru exists.

Pros:

I really like the fact that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable. I really dig its design and language too.

Cons:

The last update make the whole page a bit slower and the side menu is a bit crammy. The search tool speed was never great either. And the most complicated of all is the card text editor – when it sticks to a certain format, forget it, you are never going to be able work around unless you delete it all. It's really a pain when you need to edit already existing cards. Oh, the Chrome extension is not really responsive and also quite slow. I ended up removing it and sticking with the site instead.

John Renan
Team Leader in US
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Game Changer

Comments: Kudos to Guru Team for keeping the tool up to date and easy to use. 10/10 for sure!

Pros:

It's very user friendly, easy to search related articles or information using keywords. We rarely encounter any lags or latency while using the system.

Cons:

I think that would be allowing the user to customize or personalize the page. Like with google, where you can change the background images.

Melissa
Director of Products and Services in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Game changing for us

Pros:

We LOVE Guru. It has changed the way we think about knowledge management. We've found so many ways to use it and are loving all of the updates that have come down the pipeline over the last year. The AI integration is HUGE. Our employees can ask a question and Guru answers the question and cites our sources. Love it!!

Cons:

This is not what Guru is meant to do, but we wish we could customize the public facing cards a bit more.

Biswajit
Quality Analyst in India
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201–500 Employees

Guru in a true sense

Comments: When dealing with a customer's query if I am unsure of a process, I have to check the relevant Guru card instead of looking for a subject matter expert or a supervisor, which saves a lot of time.

Pros:

Guru is the go-to tool for any questions I have regarding the process. It comes in handy while dealing with customer queries and helps me provide accurate and relevant information to our members. Information on Guru is easy to access and the navigation is smooth and efficient.

Cons:

The keyword search criteria can be improved.