15 years helping British businesses

About OneCause

Fundraising Software: Auction & Event Management | Online Donations | Online Fundraising | Text2Give | Mobile Bidding | Ticketing

Learn more about OneCause

Pros:

It can be updated and changed rapidly. The custom features really help donors focus on the needs and the stories of the organization, and add to their desire to bid on tiems.

Cons:

The cost makes us stop and consider alternative products every once in a while.

OneCause ratings

4.5
4.8
4.4
4.5

8.9/10

OneCause has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 332 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used OneCause before?

Christal
Christal
Development Coordinator in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great Auction Softward

Comments: They are great with online auctions, they help give you insight and ideas to help you reach your goal

Pros:

Customer service is great and friendly. They are knowledgeable and help you succeed. Quick responses anytime I had a question.

Cons:

I wish they had a built in duplicate checker for donors who register twice. You have to run a report that shows you duplicates but it would be nice to check for duplicates without running a report.

4 years ago

Christal, Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review for us! We are grateful to be able to help support #FearlessFundraisers like you advance your cause. Fundraise on!

Jenny
Philanthropy Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

OneCause Is Great for Events

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall we've had a great experience with OneCause. This is specifically for our event online silent auctions, event online donations, and event check in. The check in for OneCause is fantastic and intuitive and mostly everything about the new platform is great. Inputting and packaging auction items is easy and works well, building the site is easy, etc. It all works so well and is easy to use and I think easy too from a user experience standpoint.

Pros:

We switched over to the new OneCause Fundraising Platform and it is AMAZING. You can tell it was made and tested by actual fundraisers who actually put on fundraising events. The user experience is pretty great, and the customer service is incredible. I was a beta tester for the fundraising platform, and after we used it for the firs time, our customer service rep did a whole hour long breakdown with me and listened to me complain about all the things that went wrong lol. BUT THEN this year, we connected and she went down and addressed EVERY ISSUE we had had and shared whether it had been fixed or solved. They are constantly evolving and updating it. Seriously fantastic customer service. (shout out to Casey). Also our salesperson Mark, was great and we got a consultant for free when we first implemented OneCause plus waived ticketing fees. OH and the new platform has the AI Auction Description Assistant which is a GAME CHANGER. No more hours of writing interesting auction descriptions. Just click the AI generator and poof! You've got one. Most only need a few minor edits. SO HELPFUL. And check out is really a breeze with the new platform too and makes so much sense, so much easier to get people their auction items and paid and out the door.

Cons:

On the one fundraising platform, electronic tickets are required, which is annoying for our older guests who have trouble with technology. So far, we have been able to work around it. Originally, you HAD to have it tied to an email address, so I literally sent electronic tickets to fake email addresses so our attendees wouldn't be bothered. Thankfully this year, they have done away with that, AND added an option to import tickets, which is really helpful. But it's just a little tricky to work around that. But the pros to the system far outway this con.

OneCause for peer-to-peer fundraising

Comments: We use OneCause to support our peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.

Pros:

OneCause is easy to set up, and easy to understand. Configuration is straightforward and can be done by someone with minimal tech skills.

Cons:

Using OneCause - as an administrator or end user - is unintuitive. The design is poor and users receive unintelligible error messages. It really doesn't inspire confidence in the platform, which is pretty bad when you're trying to convince people to share their fundraising pages with others.

3 years ago

We love hearing we could help support your peer-to-peer fundraising. We're constantly adding enhancements to create the best user experience possible - thank you for your input!

Teresa
Director of Development in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

A great platform that can do it all!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, my experience was very good. Their customer service was good and the training was also good. I would recommend to someone needing a robust system.

Pros:

OneCause is a great platform for Galas and can be a one-stop-shop for you and your guests. I liked that I could do registration, have an online auction, place our tribute book, and have livestream all in one place.

Cons:

My biggest gripe is probably the cost. It is rather pricey but then you often times get what you pay for.

Paul
Director of Advancement in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Great Auction Software and Customer Service

Comments: Switching to this software really improved the quality of our annual Auction and helped us reach a new level. We have used the software for 5 years now and are very happy with the quality and service we receive (taking into account the comments about the old software being better than the new software).

Pros:

This online bidding software is incredibly user-friendly for our bidders and has very good administrative options for our Auction team. Also, the customer service at One Cause is always excellent. We pay extra to have an on-site representative at our event, and it has always helped our event to go smoothly. Using this software is an investment, we pay around $3,000-$4,000 total to use it just for our Auction event every year, but it is well worth the cost for the amount of money we raise and the ease of use of our bidders and team.

Cons:

Last year (2022) we used the new bidding software that OneCause was developing. There were many significant problems with this bidding software that made things difficult for our bidders and our team running the event. This year (2023) we were able to switch back to their older software, and that was a much better experience. We will want to continue using this older software in the future.

Angie
Special Events Coordinator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

OneCause is a dream for event planners

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, OneCause has revolutionized our events. I utilize nearly every feature it offers, from the dashboard to the reports. It not only saves me time and keeps me organized but also instills confidence in our audience.

Pros:

What I love most about OneCause is how it has transformed our silent auction from paper to mobile. It's enabled us to reach a wider audience and significantly increase our silent auction proceeds.

Cons:

Instead of enhancing their existing platform, OneCause opted to develop a completely new one. However, when I attempted to use the new platform, it didn't provide the functionality we required.

Marc
Director of Development and Membership in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

OneCause offers a great service for running an online auction

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We are in our 2nd 3-years contract with OneCause and have been more than satisfied for all of our events managed through BidPal. The customer service has been excellent, we have had no complaints from our supporters, and we continue to increase the dollars raised through our auction.

Pros:

We selected OneCause for its BidPal service, and the high quality it provides in running online auctions. It allows attendees to easily track their bids, manage their payments, and saves valuable staff time while increasing the dollars raised at our annual event. The bidding site is customizable to your organization, and is mostly user friendly.

Cons:

While building the bidding site, some features are a little out of date, such as uploading/embedding photos and video.

Jamie
VP of Development in US

User-friendly with pro-level workarounds

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good experience with the software and will use again.

Pros:

We can use graphics to make this website look very high-end, but we don't have to be super tech savvy.

Cons:

The CRM side is clunky and take multiple steps to complete tasks.

TESSA
Marketing Specialist in US

The Best Out There!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love the one-on-one support we receive from our event managers. It is so helpful to have someone willing to help at all times.

Cons:

The site customization is limited and can make it difficult to incorporate our branding.

Cutina
Conference and Meetings Specialist in US

OneCause is the best!

5.0 5 days ago New

Comments: It’s been great. I’ve used this product for 3 years and will do so moving forward for my auction needs.

Pros:

User friendly platform, supportive staff

Cons:

I don’t have anything that I don’t like

Elizabeth
Director of Development & Communications in US

It'll Get the Job Done

Comments: I would say that overall the end-user experience has been good with minimal complaints and confusion. The back-end for these systems is very confusing and takes a lot of technology understanding, Googling, calling the help center, and trial and error. There was a lot of frustration in our office as we navigated setting up the system (both years, because we unfortunately had to learn an entirely new system this year from the one we learned last year). I am so glad the events went well and the end-users were pleased with the experience, but the set-up was definitely hard to navigate. I hope the new VEC is more set-up friendly, and will integrate more of the OneCause products into one location.

Pros:

The end-user experience was seamless and fairly easy to navigate. Our donors were impressed and excited about the interactivity and the ability to participate in the silent auction and get reminders right on their phones. We hosted an event last year in-person and used the Mobile Bidding Software for our silent auction, and our revenue was significantly increased because of the engagement. We then used the Virtual Event Software for an entirely virtual event this year including a silent and live auction and appeal. The engagement was great, and our live auction went far better than expected.

Cons:

The fact that the Mobile Bidding Software (MBS) and the Virtual Event Center (VEC) do not integrate and the VEC was still under construction make it hard to leave a review for what I liked least. But in terms of the MBS; the software is not very intuitive and there are a lot of areas where I didn't like having to duplicate my process (like in the item vs. package). The reports you could run at the end using the MBS were really helpful, but the VEC had hardly any options for reporting and we had to create a lot of our own reports, which was incredibly time consuming. The lack of ticketing functionality in the VEC led us to use the MBS for ticketing only and then we had to comp every single ticket individually because the VEC did not allow us to upload a csv file for all of our comped tickets. There are a lot of pieces that can be improved in the VEC but they are planning to improve them as they continue to build the software. More knowledge about the system in the "help center" and "knowledge bank" would have been really great.

3 years ago

Thank you for your review, Elizabeth! We're so glad to hear your event went even better than expected. Happy to be partnered with you!

Many good features

Comments: We did lots of research on event/auction software before purchasing OneCause, and we found that, despite its limitations, OneCause has more functionality and flexibility than other software options. We also appreciated that we could call the OneCause support team when we needed help.

Pros:

The software allows you to customize your website according to the organization's needs. It is pretty simple to process transactions, refunds, etc., when needed. OneCause also creates a database of supporters as info is being submitted, which is very helpful.

Cons:

Users' login and functionality were confusing for many. We didn't like how we couldn't offer sponsorships and underwriting gifts on separate tabs on the site... The sponsorships were easily "lost" within the Auction tab, and the underwriting gifts were easily "lost" within the Tickets tab. Also, it should have been easier/less clunky for users to establish one (and only one) login and then revisit their event and guests' details to make modifications.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate partnering with your cause and love hearing how responsive and helpful our support was for your event.

Deborah
Development Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

One Cause has simplified our fundraising efforts...

Comments: Very positive experience with One Cause and we are pleased with its performance

Pros:

Simplicity of use and customer service was a huge sale for us

Cons:

Additional cost for extra platforms- wish it was one fee for all services

4 years ago

Deborah, Thanks for the feedback! We love hearing our platform is easy to use and we're grateful you're a part of our group of #FearlessFundraisers!

LISA
Technology Manager in US

We're happy OneCause users

Comments: Overall, we're very happy with OneCause. It's got the features we want, it's reliable, and customer service is second to none.

Pros:

This year, I'd say what I like most is that it allows us to hold silent auctions despite COVID but in general the software works like it's supposed to and offers all the features we want. Additionally, I can't say enough about their customer support -- they are knowledgeable, prompt, and cheerful while they help you. This replaced some older auction software that didn't allow for mobile bidding. For the most part our guests love the mobile bidding. It's fun and keeps everyone interested until the last minute of the auction.

Cons:

The cost makes us stop and consider alternative products every once in a while. Also, there are MANY reports to choose from, which is great, but I spend a lot of time finding the one I want. It'd be nice if they were organized differently.

3 years ago

Thanks for this helpful review, Lisa! We're so glad we could help support your mission in this unprecedented year. Keep on fundraising!

Jill
Project Coordinator in US

Excellent product

Comments: We lost many in-person fundraising opportunities with Covid and this has been the perfect pivot. While first holding only virtual fundraisers, we have been able to do a hybrid one as well as a silent auction. Going forward, the hybrid option seems to be the best choice for us, as our members are worldwide and this can be open to every one of them.

Pros:

During Covid, it was critical to pivot from in-person fundraising to virtual fundraising and I learned about OneCause from my son's school fundraiser. The program was easy to learn and we've progressed from virtual only to hybrid fundraising and also held a silent auction. We have converted another department to also use the program and had two different fundraisers happening at the same time.

Cons:

Our members are international. My own department only works with members in the United States, but when bringing this to other departments in the company we ran into difficulties with members outside the U.S.; however customer support has been awesome and helps walk us through everything when these issues arise.

last year

Thank you so much for writing this review, Jill. We love hearing how our software has helped increase your virtual fundraising efforts. Grateful to be partnered with your cause.

Michele
Events Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

OneCause offers a complete fundraising toolkit!

Comments: One Cause's greatest asset is their people. The One Cause personnel is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure working with every OneCause representative that I encountered.

Pros:

Software is easy to use and the tutorials are very helpful. OneCause has a complete suite of tools to make event management and fundraising a breeze.

Cons:

I wish it offered the user the ability to be more visual. I wish that One Cause offered an online market that anyone could utilize to bid on auction prizes or to show their generosity and support.

last year

Thank you so much for the review. We love hearing how easy to use and learn our software is for your team. Grateful we get to partner with your cause.

Mary
Advancement Associate in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

OneCause for Benefits

Comments: OneCause has been great to work with. Customer service is outstanding. The platform was resonably priced and relieved some of the work that goes into the auction. Onecause also allowed us to seamlessly move to a virtual auction this year.

Pros:

We started using OneCause for our annual benefit auction February 2021. So glad we did! our 2021 benefit had to be virtual and our guests were already familiar with the program. Very intuitive but what I liked most is the plethora of tutorials and articles that I turn to quiet often to help me set up and use the site from the administrator side. Were also able to use it for a mainly contactless golf tournament in the summer of 2020 as well. Reporting after the event is robust and very helpful and customer service is fantastic!

Cons:

I loved that the live chat help that was available last year. This year, you have to send an email and wait for a response. Also, I would like to be able to customize some of the reports so I can pull out just what I am looking for. Thirdly, if you require an email for a user to bid on items, there should be a default or override you can use for guests who don't have email. Not many don't but there were a couple.

3 years ago

What a helpful review, Mary! So thankful we can partner with you to support your virtual fundraising!

Marianne
Campaign Manager in US
Fund-Raising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

We use OneCause for our silent auctions and each one has been a success due to OneCause!

Comments: We get benefits from OneCause of making our silent auctions more accessible and look great!

Pros:

I love the customization and features of OneCause that make each event feel personalized. We love being able to add our auction sponsor logo on the Giving Center along with pictures for the event and change colors on the site itself. When entering itmes/packages the features make it easy to enter and package together.

Cons:

You can't have multiple events open in a window at the same time. If you are reusing descriptions/features/wording from one event to another event it's hard. We have multiple auctions and like to keep wording consistent for check out/text messages/ specific recurring items.

Catherine
Events Coordinator in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Set up of Custom Pages

Comments: I have been very happy with the response from our representative. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (new position) responded when I needed help. Also, I can't tell you how nice and helpful the tech support people have been for me. I could not have completed our auction without their support. Awesome job!

Pros:

It is so nice to have registration, donations, and auction all at the same place and using the same platform. Seems that our users are pretty comfortable with it's use.

Cons:

I wish you could just upload a document from your computer for custom pages. It's a bit cumbersome going to drop box. I'm not sure why that is especially since we're able to load auction photos from our own computer. I also think that the check boxes for auction featuring, etc. are a bit confusing. Not always intuitive with the enabling, etc. check boxes.

3 years ago

We love hearing how user-friendly our software was for your supporters! Thanks so much for your input, Catherine.

Tammy
Prizes & Marketing Coordinator in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

I've used it for 5 years now and appreciate the many facets of the software, esp. the reports.

Comments: While I appreciate BidPal very much and see how it's benefited our organization through the years, I still think the cost is much too high considering the high cost of the add-ons. The auction listings are still far too limiting. I've submitted various ideas through the years, but none have been brought to fruition. There should be the ability to be able to modify the appearance of the font, so that certain words stand out to the bidder. Bold, underline, italics are basic things that should easily be able to be accommodated, not to mention color. When many events are held in the evening when cocktails are being served, the improvement of the fonts would help to alleviate many words in a description (that our PRIZE DONORS want to see) running together and not being fully comprehended. The second thing that needs some upgrading is the auction portal that the bidders see. While it is easy to add a banner and colors to spruce things up, it is too wordy and there are too many choices which can be confusing for first time bidders. I think that it inhibits pre-bidding for that reason and guests have to wait to get to the event to feel comfortable in being trained. The pros are equal in that the reporting capability and payment/supporters area is very helpful and well laid out. Of immense value!

8 years ago

Tammy, we appreciate the feedback! BidPal is proud to offer several Mobile Bidding and Fundraising Software packages at varying price points to meet the budget of any nonprofit. Our Full Service Mobile Bidding pricing options are among the industry's lowest. Your additional feedback has been forwarded along to our development team who is always looking for ways to further enhance our product. We encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our idea exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea/ Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director

Rachel
Museum Coordinator in US

One Cause Great For NonProfit Fundraising

Comments: Overall it was a very positive experience! I loved how helpful the customer service/support staff were throughout the entire process. I would reccomend this product to other nonprofits looking fo ra software for fundraising and silent auctions.

Pros:

I liked that the software was pretty user-friendly for the most part. It was nice how many different avenues they had to learn more about the software that you had purchased (OneCause University, shorter demo videos, help pages). I also loved the customer service. Any time I had a question, it was answered quickly and completely. We utilized BidPal the most for our Silent Auction fundraiser. It was very easy to understand, input items, add pictures, and price the items. The people at our event loved it once they got logged in and talked about how nice it was to know when you've been outbid, etc.

Cons:

I didn't love the amount of emails they sent. There were probably 3-5 marketing emails a week. I'm sure there was a setting somewhere that I could've gone in and unsubscribed but it would be better if they didnt automatically send to you in the first place. The only other complaint that I had would be with the check-in/out app for Bid Pal. The SmartPay app was just not great. It was slow, didn't work very well, and logged us out after every customer we looked up.

Amy
Director of Special Events in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Non profit fundraising tool

Pros:

OneCause is very user friendly and easy to figure out even for the novice user. There are several work-arounds and all are pretty easy to figure out. I have used this platform many times only once a year and although I need a refresher once coming back into it, I can pick it up very easily - very user friendly.

Cons:

it is pricier than most other platforms. Although they update the platform on a regular basis, I would like to see some competitive features added.

Kyle
Executive Principal in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Great product

Pros:

I really like the user interface for our donors. They can easily navigate our online giving center.

Cons:

My least favorite thing is that it can be hard to determine which report will show me what I want to see and the process of pulling reports is very clunky.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your helpful feedback. We love seeing how much you enjoyed the user interface for your supporters!

Natalie
Executive Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

OneCause Review

Comments: We've overall had a great experience with OneCause. The customer service is key and probably one of the most important aspects to us because we are a small organization. The price keeps rising which is tough and it would be great if tiered pricing was considered for smaller budget operations. When the price keeps going up it is tough.

Pros:

We pivoted to OneCause in 2020 and it has been a game changer. The ease of uploading and the broadening of our existing base of supporters through posting online has made an impact in our revenue. The ease of collecting payments is so important and has caused much less stress.

Cons:

The photo quality, size, and ability to add multiple photos could be better. It's a little tricky to navigate initially, but the customer service is great! The check-in at live event wasn't smooth and the ability to swipe a card would be so much easier.

last year

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review, Natalie. We love hearing how helpful our support team was to your fundraising experience. Grateful to partner with your organization!

Tammie
Lead Events Manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

OneCause should be titled MultiCause

Pros:

This software is very adaptable! Allowing you to really customize the features to fit your specific events. You can literally create micro-sites to support your event efforts. Very easy for constituents to engage and enjoy.

Cons:

You will need to be somewhat tech savvy to take advantage of the robust webpages that are available. Not having the opportunity to insert pictures and graphics without first saving them in Google then having to manipulate the fields is not the most convenient. Pretty when done, but I make most choices on ease of use and this could be better.

4 years ago

Tammie, Thank you for the helpful feedback - we bet you'll love our recent update to photos and other improvements throughout. Happy we can help you support your mission in so many different ways!