• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.4/5
    4.6/5

About Glisser

Award winning audience engagement solution for virtual and hybrid meetings and events.

Learn more about Glisser

Wayne H.
Agile Consultant on contract to ACE Data Transformation and RBC One programs
Banking
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2017

"Glisser was an integral part of a lively conference presentation to a room of about 100 people"

Comments: I was able to deliver a much more engaging presentation at the software conference I was invited to speak at. I feel that Glisser made my presentation much more memorable and had helped me build my image and brand in the market I operate in.

Pros: I loved the way Glisser integrated easily with my Powerpoint presentation. I hate talks with large wordy slide decks and was looking for ways to engage my audience. I used very few slides with large print and interesting graphics. Glisser's modern look and ability to customize the view made their product look like it fit naturally into deck. I used the live audience poll feature to present interesting questions to the attendees which drew them into the content and held their focus. I received many positive comments and stayed for almost 2 hours afterward to answer questions! The folks at Glisser are very accommodating and were happy to help me make the most of my presentation. They contacted me quickly after I signed up for the trial and showed interest in what I was doing. They answered my questions by email within hours and attentively followed up afterward. I've had great success using Glisser at one conference. I will use it again at a second conference and I've already had a request for a third smaller and private presentation. I hope to be able to use it again for future engagements.

Cons: I compared Glisser to half a dozen competing products and found that some were easier to use and some were more difficult. I had to get used to the web interface which is intuitive enough but still a bit different than using a desktop program like PowerPoint. An add-on must be installed into PowerPoint which proved to be tricky. The slide deck must also be uploaded to the Glisser site and kept in sync before a presentation can be made. During the presentation, the live slides must be toggled to in a browser window. The Glisser plug in makes this relatively painless but it is still an extra step to remember in the middle of your presentation. I occasionally found the uploaded poll slides appeared in a different order than in my deck - and I still haven't figured that out why. Instead, I used generic local slides and website slide with the actual poll questions.

by Glisser on 20/11/2017

Wayne

Thanks for the excellent and thorough review. We'll take all your development points on board and keep pushing our product forward.

Cheers

• Reviewed on 18/11/2017
Molly H.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"Difficult to use"

Pros: Initial set up was easy - there was a lot of personalisation available and I was able to incorporate lots of interaction styles. It is unique, and definitely worth paying for IF you can afford it.

Cons: It was really difficult using this with children. They didn't understand the format of it the way they did with Kahoot. This would, however, be perfect for an adult audience.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Kyle H.
Senior Instructor, Economics
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"The software is clunky but acceptable for participant feedback."

Pros: Participant feedback is important and this is the only redeeming quality. I do enjoy knowing how people are receiving the information I am sharing with them.

Cons: The design, the lack of intuition, the constant asking for my password/making me re-register. All of these things are so frustrating!

by Glisser on 14/12/2017

Kyle

Thanks for your comments and apologies it didn't work out for you.

I looks like you've mainly been testing the PowerPoint add-in - this is best used in conjunction with the platform where you can see all the participant interactions being made, slide downloads, etc. The add-in alone won't show you this. We've checked you're account and it's all there!

Data protection is really important to our clients, so that does mean our password process has to be strong. In particular, where PowerPoints may contain sensitive data and could get left open on AV laptops, we do need to enforce log-outs, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to trial.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Jessica P.
VP Client Services
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

"I'd recommend"

Pros: The look of the populated graphs, ease of use with cell phone, back-end data that could be pulled into client reports

Cons: That the presentation had to be shown via the browser in the Glisser system (as opposed to a PPT)

Sarah B.
Events Manager
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Bringing events to life"

Pros: Using Glisser is a great way to engage with our audience and our delegates really like that they can download slides instantly.

Cons: Sadly it isn't optimised for use on mobile phones so that can be tricky sometimes.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Jordan C.
Sales ops
E-Learning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Great tool - wish it had google functionality "

Comments: Very solid customer experience

Pros: Great UI that was easy to navigate and easy to read

Cons: No integration with google slides or keynote

Connie B.
Event Adviser
Law Practice, 10,001+ Employees

"Glisser"

Comments: Its been really good and a much improved product compared to slido etc

Pros: I think that Glisser is a great product and I love the way that polling is embedded in the slides. I

Cons: I think it could be improved by adding a couple of feature such as speakers bio and being able to review the agenda. I also would also prefer that it ran in a yearly subscription model.

Daniel B.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Great way to make events interactive"

Comments: We used Glisser to manage the Q&A portion after each speaker session during one of our live events. The tool worked without flaw and attendees have said they have never seen an app of this type work so seamlessly and actually bring value to the conversation.

Pros: I liked how easy and seamless it was to display Q&A questions following our speaker sessions during a live event

Cons: We would love to see the Twitter Wall feature be developed further and become available as we used a different solution to display social media discussions during our event.

by Glisser on 14/02/2020

Hi Daniel - Great that you had brilliant first experience - thanks for the review.

Noted re Social Media - we're seeing Insta taking over from Twitter at the moment, but would love your insights on this.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Sally M.
Employee Engagement
Mining & Metals, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Professional and easy to use presentations"

Comments: The customer support that we receive from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent. He and the team are professional, responsive and make our large scale presentations easy.

Pros: The Glisser platform is easy to use. It provides a great end user experience too.

Cons: I don't have any issues with the software.

Joanne H.
Digital Marketing Manager
Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Glisser Review"

Comments: Only had the initial training so far, but that was great, very informative and easy to follow

Pros: The product is so intuitive and easy to use

Cons: It would be great if you could make it a secure platform, ie only let those view who you want to

by Glisser on 09/04/2020

Hi Joanne

Thanks for the great review. The feature you mention is coming very soon. We'll let you know when it launches.

Krupa P.
Senior Consultant
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Wonderful App and Great Customer Service"

Comments: Enaxis Consulting recently used Glisser during an IT leadership forum in Houston, and the response from our participants was overwhelmingly positive. As our primary presentation engine, Glisser's simple to use interface made creating the presentation and polling questions easy and quick. We were able to directly upload PDF and PowerPoint slides into the app and could easily move the slides around to work on presentation flow. The polling option was also simple and intuitive to set up. We used polls throughout the forum to engage our participants and get real time input from the group on key discussion points. This shaped the discussion as it allowed our speakers and panelist insight into where the audience stood on different topics. Our participants were very impressed with the tool and many of them expressed interest in using the app in their future events. Finally, the Glisser team was wonderful to work with. They were responsive and worked with the Enaxis team to answer any questions we had. Thank you again! The Glisser app really helped to make our event a huge success.

Pros: Enaxis Consulting recently used Glisser during an IT leadership forum in Houston, and the response from our participants was overwhelmingly positive. As our primary presentation engine, Glisser's simple to use interface made creating the presentation and polling questions easy and quick. We were able to directly upload PDF and PowerPoint slides into the app and could easily move the slides around to work on presentation flow. The polling option was also simple and intuitive to set up. We used polls throughout the forum to engage our participants and get real time input from the group on key discussion points. This shaped the discussion as it allowed our speakers and panelist insight into where the audience stood on different topics. Our participants were very impressed with the tool and many of them expressed interest in using the app in their future events. Finally, the Glisser team was wonderful to work with. They were responsive and worked with the Enaxis team to answer any questions we had. Thank you again! The Glisser app really helped to make our event a huge success.

Cons: Overall the product was great and we really benefited from the polling options. The only issue we faced was the inability to embed videos through power point slides.

by Glisser on 01/03/2018

Thanks for the wonderful review Krupa!

Happy Glissering...

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Heather C.
ERM Librarian
Libraries, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"I use Glisser for the live poll feature, this allows my audience to easily interact."

Comments: Audience participation. Easy poll.

Pros: The Q&A section is an awesome way to address questions throughout, WORD CLOUD feature is actually really fun for participants and encourages them to participate and ask questions. I absolutely love how much more participation I get from my audience when I use Glisser, plus it's easy for participants to use! I really like customizing my presentation to an audience and Glisser makes it fun! It is so great that audience can use either their phone or a computer. This is a great way to make a boring presentation an event! Not only do I get more participation, but I also find my audience remembers more of what I say when I review with a quick quiz. You can easily judge if a concept was retained or if you should re-enforce a concept or re-explain an idea.

Cons: I wish it was cheaper. I also wish you could link out to websites. I want to take my audience on a virtual journey. I see the potential here, but I want more features. Also, I wish you could move the slides around and do quick edits, it is so frustrating to want to change 1 little thing and you have to download the whole pdf again in the correct spot.

by Glisser on 27/09/2017

Heather

Thanks for the review. The ability to move around slides is definitely on the roadmap, and feedback like this is great to ensure we move it to the top of our list!

• Reviewed on 26/09/2017
Veronica A.
Student pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Glisser review "

Comments: My overall experience has been positive. As a student it keeps me engaged with the presenter on my device and minimizes distractions throughout the presentation.

Pros: I liked that the presenter can directly interact with the audience through the presentation. The presentation changes on the audiences electronic device as it is being presented.

Cons: There isn't any way to actually return to the prior slide as the presenter is going through their set.

by Glisser on 29/10/2018

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for the fantastic review!

You're able to go back to previous slides by pressing the '4 squares' icon on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen and then select the slide you want to navigate to.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Kate T.
Attending Surgeon
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"Worked well. Better would be something like a QR code for the website, for quick audience access."

Comments: Interactivity

Pros: Functionality. Integrated slides & polling.
I don't know about customer support or value- I didn't use support, and I didn't pay for it. And the pricing wasn't on the website, so who knows? I did forward info to our IT/audiovisual guy, but I'm not calling to find out the price.

Cons: Took too long for audience to access the website. If I had the link ahead of time that might have worked, but since I didn't, I had to wait for everyone to type the address into their phones, which took much longer than I would have predicted. A QR code within the presentation would have facilitated this better. Also, several times while editing the polls, I had to shut down the slides altogether to get them to edit properly.

by Glisser on 04/10/2017

Thanks Kate

We've looked at QR codes, but found most attendees (outside of Asia) don't have a QR reader downloaded on their phone, so haven't prioritised this. With Apple looking like it might reignite the role of QR, maybe we'll change that soon...

As you used our free product I hope you got good value! Pricing varies significantly depending on the level of support you require, so we always like to discuss that with our clients rather than just be a software company selling a generic tool.

Good luck with your next presentation!

• Reviewed on 02/10/2017
Silviu I.
CMO
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2016

"Best ever received feedback from audience - I'm a Speaker for more than 10 year"

Comments: The presentation software run smoothly, did not had any issues with it. The organizers were impressed and even asked if they can use it, the other speakers asked also about the solution and envy me. The audience (200 people) liked it, everyone had only positive words. I was impressed of how many interactions I had from the audience and the voting system for questions helped a lot pointing out the best questions. As first interactivity I choosed a closed question regarding the audience field of activity and this pointed out in real time the exact demographics in the audience (in percentage 34%, 21% 37%, 8%). I could not achieve this with the usual "please raise a hand" question, and helped me position better the information i will deliver during the presentation. The audience spend some time on the mobile rather than looking at me on the stage. But that was good for the ones in the back that did not have such a good placement compared to the screen because they followed the slide on their mobiles and tablets.

by Glisser on 03/02/2016

Thanks Silviu

Great feedback - looks like you really got the most out of the various features.

Glad your audiences liked Glisser as well!

• Reviewed on 02/02/2016
Megan W.
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"Review (:"

Comments: We use this program in the classroom to promote in-class participation and it works great. All you have to do is put in the url and you are right in the program following the professor's presentation.

Pros: It's super easy to use. You can download the presentation at the end with whatever notes you made. It allows participation from the audience.

Cons: It's difficult to go back to previous slides, you have to go through all of the ones in between. You are not able to change your question answer once clicked.

by Glisser on 23/10/2018

Thanks for the review Megan!

To go back and find a selected slide, tap the '4 squares' icon in the centre at the bottom, then you can pick your slide.

Happy Glissering...

• Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Claire G.
student
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Good tool to evaluate readiness for an assessment"

Pros: This is a great way for professors to quiz a class and make presentations more interactive!

Cons: If not set up properly then it displays everyone's answers and people are able to change choices based off of a majority.

by Glisser on 18/02/2019

Happy Glissering

- Team Glisser

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Lydia G.
Private Sector Engagement
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2016

"Turn a presentation into a dialogue: engaging the audience using Glisser"

Comments: An hour is a long time to be listening to anyone's voice but Glisser completely changes this. Building in the interactive features and embedding video into the presentation meant both the 200 strong audience and I remained engaged throughout.
There were no awkward microphone moments as you waited for the ushers to assist with questions from the audience. Instead, questions are posted in text and better yet, the ability for audience members to like questions meant I could focus on the top ranking queries and comments.
The tech worked seamlessly and the data captured through Glisser means I was able to capture feedback and reach out to the attendees within 24hrs of the event.
I'll definitely be using Glisser again, I could see it working well for anything from a focus group presentation to our annual conference.
Keep up the great work team Glisser!

by Glisser on 25/01/2016

Thanks Lydia - glad the event went well and the data was useful to you and your team.

Hope to see you using us again...

Team Glisser

• Reviewed on 22/01/2016
Director Of Training
Cosmetics, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Glisser Functionality Review "

Comments: I thought the customer service was great, it just didn't work out with our system.

Pros: The various features are great as far as customizing your page and the analytics.

Cons: I found it hard to use, we didn't receive many applicants from it, and I thought the pricing was tough just considering the return. Lastly I work with a Franchise system and each location cant have their own page which makes it hard on the franchisor to manage.

by Glisser on 18/09/2018

Thanks for your feedback. We're more than happy to offer training sessions to help the onboarding process, and would be willing to discuss an Enterprise solution that would cover the franchises. Get in touch!

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Michelle J.
Clinical Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Create interactive presentations"

Comments: I love being able to keep my audience engaged.

Pros: gets audience involved, live results, keeps audience engaged, plug-in for PowerPoint is easy to use

Cons: Format will not match the PPT presentation. If not using the plug-in, cannot rearrange slides or edit the presentation easily from the website. Users must enter their email addresses to use.

by Glisser on 28/09/2018

Thanks for the review!

We're just about to add animations and transitions into the web product, as well as the ability to reorder slides. So great timing to hear this feedback...

Email capture can be removed with paid plans.

Thanks

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Alper A.
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2016

"I use Glisser to deliver workshop-presentations"

Comments: I use Glisser to deliver workshop-presentations. Not quite a workshop because I am still presenting but certainly not a presentation because I can get the audience so involved. My typical audience size is between 10-20 people and it really helps me create a 2-way interaction.

Q&A is brilliant, I bring up the questions view throughout my presentations to ensure everyone understands what I am talking about and speed up/slow down accordingly. I wish I was able to archive answered questions though without turning on moderation.

Automatic slide downloads also mean that I don't have to bother with the usual end of session email and follow up - anybody who wants a copy of my content just gets it.

by Glisser on 22/04/2016

Thanks Alper

Glad we are a useful solution for you to use, and we hope to continue improving our features and services.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2016
Sophie T.
Creative Technologist
Market Research, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Good product for some quick audience engaugement"

Comments: So far we have only briefly experimented with it! Glisser helped us to add a nice energiser to a company day out, and others from the company have considered using it in future client meetings

Pros: I like how the results page allows you to see the results come in live, it definitely feels more dynamic!

Cons: Since we were using this primarily for the quiz side rather than presenting, it didn't feel obvious that you needed to add a presentation first to create a quiz. In the end we had to make 1 title slide and upload it to be able to make the quiz.

by Glisser on 20/09/2018

Thanks Sophie

The ability to create polls, quizzes, etc. without any slides is coming soon - watch this space!

Well done for working out the way we do it now...

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Brian S.
Technology Fellow
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2020

"First time user to pump up PowerPoint presentations"

Comments: Getting more questions and interaction from an audience which would much rather cell phone text than get up in front of a microphone.

Pros: Graphical presentation, preparation of slides and cell phone interface are most impressive.

Cons: Having to do the presentation in the Glisser environment is the biggest concern. Many presentations are done in pure PowerPoint mode. Products like Poll Everywhere allow the user to download and use an add-in in PowerPoint and add slides as necessary. Glisser wants you to do it the other way around - move the slides into Glisser then add their slides to the presentation. I prefer the add-in method, allowing me to prepare all the slides offline in PowerPoint.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2020
Lucy M.
Teaching Associate
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2018

"Good teaching tool"

Comments: It's helping make my slides accessible during a tutorial and allowing tutes to be more interactive through things like polls

Pros: Makes it easy for students to get a copy of tutorial slides, polling is nice

Cons: I had trouble uploading my slides the first time, it would be nice to be able to make minor tweaks to slides (e.g. fixing a spelling mistake) within the Glisser interface, I'm worried that my students are getting spammed with feedback requests

by Glisser on 20/09/2018

Thanks for your review. Good idea on the quick fixes - we'll take a look.

We only ask presenters for feedback here, not audiences - but all feedback welcome!

• Reviewed on 18/09/2018
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Great interactive product "

Pros: It’s interactive with the classroom. The content is able to be saved. You can have polls in the materials. The lecturer still controls the content.

Cons: I do not have any cons about the product.

by Glisser on 26/10/2018