User.com Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About User.com

User.com is an advanced marketing and sales system that helps automate personalized communication and streamline business processes.

Learn more about User.com

Rafal O.
Client Delight Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"Flexible and responsive"

Comments: We're using UserEngage with a small team of two. While you might sometimes need to lurk around to find a specific feature, everything's there. It's a real Swiss army knife of chat & marketing, and the customer service the team provides the icing on the cake.

Pros: Customer service, customization, robustness without sacrificing light weight.

Cons: Certain features/functions are less visible/hard to find.

by UserEngage on 08/09/2016

Thanks Rafal! We'll do our best to make the functions more visible.

Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2020

"Easy to use and easy to deploy!"

Pros: Visual Sales Pipeline
Analytics & User Segmentation
Live Chat
Calendar Integration
Multiple languages supported

Cons: I look forward to seeing what additional functionality and integrations they add in the near future

• Reviewed on 23/08/2020
Vanessa D.
Customer Success Specialist
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2020

"Your One Stop Marketing and Management Tool!"

Pros: So thankful for this tool as it was a huge help in management thus saving a lot of time. Its marketing features are so easy to use and really do the job. I wish I could have discovered this tool sooner. :)

Cons: I'm continuously exploring the other features of User.com and I'm overall happy so far!

• Reviewed on 28/12/2020
Bartosz G.
Bartosz G.
Computer Software, Self Employed

"Easy growth hacking"

Comments: Easy growth hacking
If you are into growth hacking this is something for you. The API is great: you can connect it with apps, crawlers or fb campaigns. Really do some serious growth sorcery.
It saves tons of work with SQL, managing database and automation. It has some fairly robust forms and pop-ups mechanisms. API docs are well written and updated, no problems with that. Devs answer live chat queries which is rather rare and you don’t end up talking about API with the marketing guy.

Pros: - well written api docs and tech support
- does the boring stuff for you
- nicely plays with other apps

Cons: exports and imports go slow, especially from Intercom

Jakub N.
Jakub N.
Web Analyst
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2021

"Magnificent support, and a good product"

Comments: I was truly satisfied we chose User.com. It wasn't easy to learn, but it was a profitable investment. Make sure you share your know-how with your team so that you're not the only one who understands what's going on under the hood.

Pros: Well, it's their support. I had to spend dozens of hours configuring it and creating well-working automation rules. At that time, I had lots of questions. Too often I heard "it's not possible at the moment", but many times I got five-star assistance, including some extra debugging and programming tips.
But in fact, the tool itself does its job very well and if I had to choose the app for marketing automation, I would probably pick User.com again. It has many useful features, they are working perfectly.

Cons: It has a quite steep learning curve, so you need to invest some time first to learn what you can and what you can't do. It lacks of some basic functions, like subscription management for email subscribers; it also does not let you copy and paste automation blocks, so you often have click, and click, and click…

• Reviewed on 11/03/2021
Kyrylo T.
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"Proactive support team"

Pros: Feature-rich software with great automation potential and superb support team. I was impressed when their customer success officer noticed a technical mistake in my automation setup, notified me, and fixed the issue before it messed up my email campaign.

Cons: User.com automation may be difficult to configure as you need to plan the whole flow ahead. It's not as intuitive as on Intercom, but it can automate more processes in your team and provide you with more insight into the relations with your customers and users.

by User.com on 15/12/2020

Highly appreciate your review and your thoughts about our product Kyrylo including working together on a case study!

It has been fantastic to hear your thoughts and feedback about how you're able to use the platform to save so much time!

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Mariusz S.
Coo
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2021

"Myshop"

Comments: Non

Pros: It is very useful and helps us to provide business

Cons: Integration with mobile phone

• Reviewed on 28/06/2021
Piotr M.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Valuable software with many useful features"

Pros: User.com is easy to use and what we like most is the way they show the whole chain of sales opportunities + good customer contact and many features included like chat, provides us with 5 star experience.

Cons: Everything seems working well, however we're awaiting for even more automation stuff.

Ruud S.
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"Good chatting tool"

Comments: Customer Interaction.

Pros: The trigger messages and the chatting tool features. Also, the layout of the chat option on the website looks cool!

Cons: The newsletter template tool doesn't work very convenient. Mailchimp is way better for that, so we design them there and export to HTML.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2017
Michał W.
Visionary Team Leader
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2016

"Straightforward software"

Comments: It’s quite easy to use, so you get the hang of it pretty fast. In my case ( Wordpress website) I could connect via a plugin so that wasn’t troubling. The features to me are more than enough. I focused on personalized chat messages and behaviour triggered mailing and that is something UserEngage does very well. As an alternative to live chat it’s like 10/10, as alternative to mailing service i’d say 8,5/10, but having everything in one place with user tracking data is just more handy.

Pros: simplicity, quick implementation, handy support team

Cons: sometimes it’s loading pretty slow

• Reviewed on 30/11/2016
Chris ..

"Great Value"

Comments: The app works ok and customer support is helpful when bugs or issues come up. Might not be as well designed as intercom but that's not a problem when you figure it out

by UserEngage on 16/01/2017

That's right, the software is a bit rough, but our policy is to give back with extended functions and support :)

Hannah W.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2017

"Great software with excellent UI"

Pros: I'm a fan -- their WordPress integration is great and is able to pick up on user signups automatically. UserEngage has great UI and so I was able to get up and running right away with no problems. If you're a business and looking to communicate with visitors and customers, you should give it a try.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2017
Co-founder, web & graphic designer, PM, front-end developer
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2018

"Software with a lot of potential but significant number of errors"

Pros: It surely offers a lot of functions - chat, email campaigns, CRM, marketing automations. It has potential to became an all-in-one platform. Support team, yep, UserEnagages support is AWESOME. Other companies could learn from them.

Cons: UX is simply TERRIBLE, to tell the truth it took me a lot of time to get around some features like sending email campaigns. Mobile app is almost non-functional, so it is safer to assume that there is no mobile app. Web app is SLOW, terribly slow. Chat has a lot of bugs, sometimes it is hard to get ahold which conversation is new.

by User.com on 07/05/2020

Thanks for the feedback!

Over the last two years, we've made vast improvements to UX, mobile, fixing bugs, and speeding up the entire database to make functionality and usability key for our users.

We would love to invite you back to check the software and see what we've done since you last used it. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 10/03/2018
Arnoldas R.
Arnoldas R.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2017

"Just do what intend to very well"

Pros: Many functions, that usual doing several tools, do very good and reason why most value provide - all connected and managed as one system. And value is great. Just compare how much usually have to pay for separate tools: for chat, for email marketing automation, for popups, for user help system,.... In many replicates what Intercom do. And do it, must say , well. I like support too. Quick enough (at least in Europe time zone, do not know how in other zones).

Cons: Was some bugs in the older version that sometimes made me mad. User filtering sometimes not worked. But all that was solved in the new version and added some great new features.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Monika S.

"Some fedback"

Comments: Hey. Wanted to share my quick feedback about userengage experience. Actually, the idea is cool, guys, your customer service is awesome, after few days i've already understood how to use the main functions, love testing your actions everyday. It needs to be more functionable, but the idea is great.

Pros: Customer support is pretty quick! Nobody wants to waste their time for waiting answers. I hate asking something from Customer support service, cause almost all of them are not answering at all or it took ages waiting, but you made me change my thoughts, Bravo)) Love design, that everything in right place

Cons: i took a look at some Youtube videos on your channel, good idea, it's better for me to actually SEE your functions in action without explaining in chat.
and there was some difficulties with building the ACTIONS, need more time to analyse it deeper.

by UserEngage on 24/08/2016

Thank you for your feedback! Appreciated!

Office Administrator
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2019

"Intelligent Automation that is easy to use"

Pros: The automation features within User are fantastic. We currently use it within our cloud-based SAAS product and it is just amazing. Triggering context relevant help and prompts to make sure our users get the assistance they need, when they need it. And really easy to set up, including setting up the filtering and A/B roadmaps.

Cons: The only real downside to User is the alerts on the chat. Personally, I like quite a persistent or at least obvious notification. This might not be true from everyone, but I often worry that I will miss a chat because I didn't hear the alert or it wasn't obvious enough. As I say, small downside and probably a very personal preference.

by User.com on 17/04/2020

Thanks for the kind words and positive feedback on our software.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2019
Senior Growth Marketing Manager

"Intuitive and powerful"

Comments: I am very pleased with the product. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to automate marketing to push users into the right path

Pros: I really liked how fresh and inviting their design is. Their onboarding experience is very nice and set you up to start taking advantage of the platform rather quickly

Cons: I wish their email builder was available on lower-tiered plans

by User.com on 15/12/2020

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to have you using User.com!

Volkan O.
Volkan O.
CEO and Founder
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2018

"Bad customer support, administration and misleading information"

Pros: I like to use real-time chat and lead generation tools. I can see all visitors on the admin panel and their countries.

Cons: They have bad customer support and administration. I applied a free plan some years ago and when I was applying, it was written it's lifetime free. But later they removed free plan and I see a message on the admin panel that is "Time to pay". I told it's not a good approach to say "Time to pay" but they don't understand. It was misleading because the free plan should be continued but it wasn't. Yesterday, I've got an email from them, it's written I have 0 new customers... like that. I logged in the admin panel and I still couldn't use any functionality but "time to pay" text was gone (good move). I wanted to delete my account but I couldn't reach settings page. I need to apply a plan to reach settings page in the admin panel. I used real-chat and wrote that "please delete my account" but I still have an account and they didn't delete my account yet. I hope they delete my account and they never contact me anymore.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2018
Aleks B.
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2017

"Awesome Customer Messaging Platform"

Comments: Our company were using Intercom for 1.5 years. However, as one of our team members found UserEngage, it become more obviously that Intercom is way too expensive, and UserEngage is a great alternative. Maybe they don't have 100% functionality what Intercom has, however, they do have most improtant things. Also, they're different. With much stronger base in MARKETING AUTOMATION.

Pros: Covers most needs for customer messaging

Cons: Some minor software bugs. Which is understandable, because the startup is new

by UserEngage on 16/01/2017

Thank you Alex! It's great to know you appreciate the automation capabilities of UserEngage.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Izabela H.
Izabela H.
Growth Catalyst
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Great all-in-one sales and marketing automation tool"

Comments: We are using User.com to welcome, onboard, support and reengage our users and customers. It's pretty easy-to-use, therefore we were able to save up time to do other tasks. I am amazed by the fact, that this tool was able to help us simplify our daily task enormously.

Pros: I just simply love tools that make my life easier! And user.com is definitely one of them! I have everything that I need in one place, and that allows our team to be more organized and user-oriented. We can now focus our energy and resources on our customers, instead of running between different tools and trying to find data. I can definitely recommend this to any sales/marketing/customer success teams - user.com is safe, gdpr compliant, affordable and easy to learn and to use.

Cons: Just two extra features in 'Conversations' and it would be ideal: - possibility to search previous chats by keywords - would be great if Grammarly could work in the chat (to prevent mistypes in real-time)

by User.com on 15/12/2020

Thanks so much for your thoughts and review Isabela! It's an absolute pleasure to have you as a customer and work together with you and your team at Bouncer!

• Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2021

"Great software with excellent customer service"

Comments: I'm really content with using User.com, marketing automation and email marketing work really well. Software is easy to use, but if you can't do something by yourself their customer service is always happy to help.

Pros: User.com is really easy to use and have a lot of features. Marketing automation works really well and have great capabilities. Implementation is really easy and onboarding is great.

Cons: There could be more nice-looking templates to build emails and pop-ups.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2021
Marcin J.
Marcin J.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"Marketing machine that can boost your effectiveness with no need of IT team"

Pros: If you know basics of Google Tag Manager, User.com is a very flexible tool that can broaden your range of possibilities when it comes to marketing efforts. For marketing teams in startups, it's a great way to do more things without waiting for IT team to do it for you.

Cons: Some features aren't so flexible as they could be.

by User.com on 20/04/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. It's a pleasure to work together with you.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
Anna O.
Anna O.
Head of Growth
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"A full-stack marketing automation tool"

Pros: User.com is an all-in-one tool that is great to collect all data about each website visitor. It helps you automate segmentation and personalize communication. I really like that I can have all in one place: emails, live chat, call center, text messages, pop-ups, push notifications, and even dynamic page content. They have a great CRM that saves time by doing all the repetitive tasks. Report modules let you have full control over the team's performance. Thanks to this tool you can provide fast and automated support on your website.
- their support is awesome! They help to solve problems immediately

Cons: Nothing to dislike at the moment, if something appears, I will get back to this review.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Junior Front-end Developer

"Happy client"

Comments: I am a user since the early beta so we’ve seen the progress of the app. It’s collosal. They do titanic work in development. Right now we use it for A/B testing, automatic live chat, pop-ups and forms. If you like tweaking with conversion it should do. It gathers lots of data to play with. Once you master the tool it does miracles
I guess it’s a strong standard for marketing automation.
reaaaaly cheap as for something this complex.

Dina V.
Online Shop owner
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

"UserEngage experience"

Comments: I needed tool which would help me to communicate with my customers, plus create marketing campaigns. Basically I got a lot of cold emails, but never understand how it works. User Engage by being so easy, help me to track what visitors really want and likes. Thanks a lot for being helpful!

Pros: Modern look ,
cool feature actions: I build my own marketing campaign, it's awesome ! they have a lot of different features as a live chat, actions.. they are very friendly, and they adding updates which are very useful! The among of people tracking in their plan so big so I thought has there is a trick, but no!

Cons: some bugs, still under development, it's happens that some part of app stop working. but the issues was fixed very fast.

by UserEngage on 08/09/2016

Thanks Dina, awesome the tool is working well for you :) We're working our socks off to have all the bugs fixed immediately!