• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.1 /5

About Slidebean

We help startups raise capital with powerful pitch decks

Learn more about Slidebean

Jerry S.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"excellent and portable web based presentation tool"

Comments: excellent way to make your presentations look great, but also be web based and usable anywhere.

Pros: If you need to do a presentation, but aren't sure if the audience will have a compatible software program, but know they will have access to a modern web browser, slidebean can be an invaluable tool. Presentations are very easy to create and are hosted by slidebean. They can be played back through a web-browser (you just need the address for the presentation). The presentations look great and are easy to deploy

Cons: I didn't have any problems creating or deploying a presentation. I am not aware of any negatives in using this software.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
David L.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Spice Up Your Presentation Slide"

Comments: I use Slidebean to prevent the others from using my slide if I email it to them.

Pros: - simple to use
- ready templates to speed up or inspire your slide design process.
- sharing with the option to lock with a password so you can track who has viewed your slide
- analytic although pretty redundant to me. Maybe someone else will find it useful.
- lately they have added in A.I functionality to spice up your presentation

Cons: Hmm... I have a strange love-hate feeling towards this app. On one hand, it feels simple to use but on the other, I blame it for not having enough flexibility. Once you have chosen a template, there really isn't much room inside for you to play with. So ended up you'll feel like there are a few slides having the layout you like while another few only so so. Because I need to put in a lot of graphic in my presentation, I hope to see more options for showcasing those graphics. The team need to increase their template options to cater for people that have different needs instead of focusing on Startup Pitch Deck only.

by Slidebean on 14/06/2019

Hi David, thanks for your honest review. This is going to help us improve Slidebean.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Chief Executive Officer
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Really easy-to-use alternative to PowerPoint"

Pros: You can instantly apply design changes across the full presentation and continue to do so, until you find a design which is a good fit for you. Also the native image bank is a big plus.

Cons: I can't think of anything which I don't like. Only, if you need to control and edit every single bit of your graphic elements, then SlideBean will not be for you.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2016
Ayomide I.
Student
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Awesome templates and designs"

Comments: To create presentations it takes very less minutes. Useful in creating awesome, eye catching business or acedemic presentation.

Pros: It's useful and saves alot of time. Simple and easy to use. It has awesome templates use for making good presentations.

Cons: Honestly, I don't dislike it except for that the premium are a little bit pricey. Android app should be created.

by Slidebean on 03/12/2020

Hey Ayomide, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Monica G.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Easy to create good looking presentations"

Comments: I don't have to worry about the design anymore, the slides always look great. It's easy for my whole team to make changes and transform the presentations in very few time.

Pros: Usability
Design
Versatility
Efficiency

Lindy R.
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Great presentation templates"

Pros: I love the templates they have set up for different types of presentations. They all look very slick and professional.

Cons: I found that adding or subtracting from a template meant I had to find a way to change the slides so they continued in the colour order. Sometimes the colours weren't there.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Alex H.
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2017
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2017
Roberto I.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"You can look like an expert in slide design"

Comments: I always consider myself having horrible skills in making slides, but this sw made my life easier.

Pros: There were three main things that I loved First the separation of design an content, so you can be focus on different thing at a time
Second, the easiness of using the software, how to change things, colors, text font, etc
And third, the amazing templates make you look like a pro

Cons: The AI feature that is supposed to help you arrange things up, is not too helpful as it seams. The professional version is too expensive for non frequent users.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Paul B.
Consultant
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2021

"Slidebean has made me a better communicator"

Comments: very positive - I'm still learning how to utilize all the features

Pros: I like the inspiration for story telling that comes from the various templates. Also the icon library is amazing.

Cons: no real comments - I think any limitations I feel in the program are actually beneficial because I am not distracted from the goals of presentations

by Slidebean on 22/04/2021

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your review of Slidebean. We are glad to hear that you are having a positive time using our product. Feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any issues. Our support team are always happy to help.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2021
Oliver B.
SEO Strategist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"A must for entrepreneurs"

Pros: The slide deck templates from famous companies are priceless. Building on top of these forces you to do thorough research where you may have left holes and results in a deck with the wow factor.

Cons: Customising slides and rearranging elements is still a bit clunky and there are a few other minor bugs.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Director of Marketing and Communications
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Early in the process, great value for money if you can get in now while they build out roadmap tech."

Comments: Cloud slide presentation development at a good value for the cost of the product.

Pros: Love the easy edibility within the slide software. Pre-made templates to choose from that makes editing a professional presentation easy and accessible. They have the ability to share and integrate with ease.

Cons: The platform is newer, at least it seems to be, and that has caused the platform to seem not fully built out yet. The roadmap will include far more pre-made templates and integration features, however right now the value for money is on point with where they are in the development process.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Wendy L.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Site has numerous bugs and is very unstable"

Pros: Professional existing templates and easy to use.

Cons: The website is very very unstable. I am creating a deck for my company so I paid for an annual membership. For the past week, I used this platform everyday. There are some small bugs here and there such as the table chart etc. I understand that this is a newer platform and the team is ironing out issues. That is understandable. But then comes today. OMG. The website wiped out all my images and logos. Spoke with a support person. They said it is because Amazon Web Services is having issues so the images cannot load properly. I am pretty sure there is some sort of bug
However, not only was the image not loading, it was doing crazy things. I tried to upload a picture, it turned my slide background black! I cannot export my presentation to PPT or anything.
The representative whom I spoke with kept saying this is a AWS issue. He couldn't tell me when the issue can be fixed. These issues rendered my deck completely unusable.
I am pretty sure this is not just an AWS issue. I like Slidebean until now. I didn't appreciate how they kept blaming everything on AWS and did not give me an estimate on when the problem will get resolved. Its unprofessional.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Jackline M.

"Bombass Presentation Software"

Comments: been using it for service proposals mostly but my clients seem to really love the format of delivering the proposal with a link and I can also use their insights to track how far along my clients got into the proposal

Pros: easy to use

by Slidebean on 02/11/2016

Happy our service proposal template are working out great for you :)

Richard S.
Professor
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

"Really easy to use!"

Comments: So, I'm not very good with design, presentations or any of that. And with Slide bean I managed to make really clean slides, that actually look good, and it was easy. Overall very happy with the service, fast and simple.

Pros: Again, it's easy and to the point, great for quick slides, fast and simple presentations, I used it for some lectures no issues really.

Cons: It needs to grow a bit, I could use some other features, and maybe more kinds of elements, or an app to handle things on the phone, but as problems go, nothing mayor.

Visual Designer
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"An amazing online presentation tool for use"

Comments: The great advantage slidebean has is the insights which It can show it for the presentation.

Pros: Slidebean is an awesome online presentation tool which I think is more geared towards Pitch Desks. I had an opportunity to create a pitch desk with one of my clients and the option to see the insights of the presentation is very good to have.

Cons: They could include various themes and an option to create our own theme, right now there isn't many themes which personally like.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Isabella S.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"My favorite online presentation tool!"

Comments: I've been using Slidebean for over a year now and I love it! The simplicity of the platform and the variety of templates that it offers makes it a great presentation tool. Not only I would recommend it for startups, but also for marketers and businesses that need to create presentations on a daily basis.

Rocío C.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"The best presentation experience"

Comments: The most versatile tool, simple and with multiple possibilities in terms of design.
It is not easy to find all these attributes in a single platform, at the same time is accessible ($$) and with an awesome Customer Support team , always willing to provide the best customer service.
Slidebean.

Founder & Ceo
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2017

"Great idea but lots of improvement needed."

Pros: It is really simple to create a presentation and very easy to make any changes to your slides within the platform. But overall their systems lack a lot of necessary functions and is filled with issues.

Cons: Cant change font size, the only option is to either super script or sub script. Pay as you go power point slide is completely useless as it only exports an image to Power Point and you can't edit it! Based on the limited functionalitiy of the platform don't waste your money on this service

• Reviewed on 30/05/2017
Ipek U.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2016
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2016
Melanie E.
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2019

"This Has Become My Go To Tool for Pitch Decks"

Comments: The quality of the appearance of our pitch decks has improved 200%. And while it's what you say in that pitch that matters most first impressions and apparences count and the fact the agency has won jobs over bigger companies has at least a little to do with this.

Pros: Pitches are a part of daily life for my agency, and although over the years we have tried a number of pitch deck softwares when I found Slidebean I haven't used anything else since. It's hard to pick a best feature. It's not a steep learning curve to begin using it successfully, the design templates are great and the customer service is fantastic. A favorite tool for sure.

Cons: There's nothing to not like here. If you need to present pitch decks and do not maintain a full time design department to do it for you then this is the best tool out there.

by Slidebean on 09/04/2019

Melanie thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are more than happy to know that you found value in Slidebean.
We wish you the best!

• Reviewed on 06/04/2019
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"The fastest way to create a deck"

Comments: It works great. As you start to use it more, you will fall in love with it.

Pros: - Ease of use
- They have intelligently separated out design from the content. You write your content at one place and Slidebean automagically creates a unique design for you based on that content.
- Present on the web itself.
- Send ppt as a web link which removed the need for a compatible version of ppt on the recipient machine.

Cons: Frankly nothing. They can do with more templates.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Joby I.
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"Great place to create and host your pitch decks"

Pros: The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance.
You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly.
They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons: My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Don D.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"I suck at design but you wouldn't know that with Slidebean"

Comments: Easy to learn tool that allows me to write great content while they take care of the design. I spend much less time on my decks now and end up with a higher quality result. Huge library of templates and content for your decks. Their chat support is great as well!

Pros: Value to me. Time savings and quality of the finished product.

Cons: It's buggy sometimes but what startup app isn't?

Jackson C.
President/CEo
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2019

"Great slide sharing/pitching/presentation software"

Comments: I picked this up on a lifetime deal from AppSumo in 2016, figuring I'd need it someday. That day finally came this year (2019) and I'm glad I invested in it to "future-proof" my business. The software seems much improved from the time it launched. I had no problems learning and using it, and I'm not much of a techie, so that's a good sign anyone can quickly master Slidebean.

Pros: This was easy to learn software that creates nice-looking, professional slides. It includes a library of animated GIFs, color palettes, pitch templates, and royalty-free stock photos to jazz your slides up.

Cons: I have not had any real problems with this software yet.

by Slidebean on 22/07/2019

Hi Jackson, we are so glad to know that we were able to bring value to you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Cheers,