• Overall
    4.2/5
    4.1/5

About Slidebean

Create stunning, professional presentations in minutes, not hours

Learn more about Slidebean

Roberto I.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"You can look like an expert in slide design"

Comments: I always consider myself having horrible skills in making slides, but this sw made my life easier.

Pros: There were three main things that I loved First the separation of design an content, so you can be focus on different thing at a time
Second, the easiness of using the software, how to change things, colors, text font, etc
And third, the amazing templates make you look like a pro

Cons: The AI feature that is supposed to help you arrange things up, is not too helpful as it seams. The professional version is too expensive for non frequent users.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Camille T.
Pitch Deck Designer
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"I absolutely LOVE Slidebean!"

Comments: I was an early adopter of Slidebean. I have gone through several versions and called customer support many times. The team is great and very helpful. The software is simply the best out there.

Pros: Slidebean is easy to use and has beautiful graphic design elements. I am not a graphic designer, but Slidebean makes me look great. I also love the analytics. With the analytics, my clients can see which investors viewed their decks and how long they viewed each slide or whether the investor finished the deck. Great info to know.

Cons: I wish I could integrate private videos into the decks. Right now, you must upload your videos to Vimeo, YouTube or Wistia and set them to "public" which is not ideal for my clients wishing to protect information.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Mike M.
Founder & CEO
Package/Freight Delivery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2017

"Buggy and terrible customer support"

Pros: Some of the App templates they have are very nice
The animations of graphics are tastefully done and the graphics are fairly good.

Cons: Graphs dont allow you to adjust the range which often leads to a lot of blank space.
No way to adjust the width of text or objects.
Lining up multiple objects on a page is imprecise and the tools they offer to help have a major flaw.
The price for what you get is waayyyyyy too high.
But the cardinal sin is the awful customer service. I accidentally deleted a graphic from the AirBNB slide deck and tried to return it using ctrl z which did not work. I spent a few hours trying to figure it out on my own and eventually put a request out to the "live chat" support. It took them two days to respond and when they did, rather than acknowledge their software is buggy and offer one of several easy fixes I suggested they said "I'm sorry Mike, but as this template was used as a courtesy, there's no way to open up a new one. (confused emoji) If you are interested in upgrading your plan to have access to this and the other templates, I'd be happy to help you out. An automatic prorate would be applied. " Are you a new user that made a mistake using our flawed software? Well pay us more so you can remake your presentation from scratch! And enjoy our useless emojis! I think I'll pass and I encourage others to as well

• Reviewed on 18/09/2017
David L.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Spice Up Your Presentation Slide"

Comments: I use Slidebean to prevent the others from using my slide if I email it to them.

Pros: - simple to use
- ready templates to speed up or inspire your slide design process.
- sharing with the option to lock with a password so you can track who has viewed your slide
- analytic although pretty redundant to me. Maybe someone else will find it useful.
- lately they have added in A.I functionality to spice up your presentation

Cons: Hmm... I have a strange love-hate feeling towards this app. On one hand, it feels simple to use but on the other, I blame it for not having enough flexibility. Once you have chosen a template, there really isn't much room inside for you to play with. So ended up you'll feel like there are a few slides having the layout you like while another few only so so. Because I need to put in a lot of graphic in my presentation, I hope to see more options for showcasing those graphics. The team need to increase their template options to cater for people that have different needs instead of focusing on Startup Pitch Deck only.

by Slidebean on 14/06/2019

Hi David, thanks for your honest review. This is going to help us improve Slidebean.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Melanie E.
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2019

"This Has Become My Go To Tool for Pitch Decks "

Comments: The quality of the appearance of our pitch decks has improved 200%. And while it's what you say in that pitch that matters most first impressions and apparences count and the fact the agency has won jobs over bigger companies has at least a little to do with this.

Pros: Pitches are a part of daily life for my agency, and although over the years we have tried a number of pitch deck softwares when I found Slidebean I haven't used anything else since. It's hard to pick a best feature. It's not a steep learning curve to begin using it successfully, the design templates are great and the customer service is fantastic. A favorite tool for sure.

Cons: There's nothing to not like here. If you need to present pitch decks and do not maintain a full time design department to do it for you then this is the best tool out there.

by Slidebean on 09/04/2019

Melanie thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are more than happy to know that you found value in Slidebean.
We wish you the best!

• Reviewed on 06/04/2019
Jaco S.
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2020

"Take the pain out of "Send me your deck""

Comments: If you have ever been the founder of a startup you would know that presenting your business idea to possible investors becomes part of your everyday life. Slidebean gives me the tool to easily change a presentation to suit the conversation I'm about to have. I also use Slidebean for product demos and business calls.

Pros: Slidebean is super easy to use but the best part is how "slick" your presentations look. PLUS you can share and track your presentation with others. Awesome!

Cons: There is nothing to not like about this software.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2020
Edwin S.
Community Engagement Officer
Sports, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"Sleek and breathy slides; it separates content from design and eliminates the huge learning curve"

Comments: It does the thinking for me in terms of design and formatting, and that is where a lot of time was wasted when I created slides. And I don't need to spend extra time learning what a huge range of tools does when it's done for me automatically in the background.

Pros: I've used the classic PowerPoint for many years and I still use that at time for particular reasons when I need hefty presentations rich in facts and figures. But more often than not, I need sleek and breathy slides that showcases tastefully 1 or 3 points per slide. I find Slidebean to do a neat job at separating content from design. Unlike what I was used to previously and that was tons of tools and a huge learning curve, Slidebean's design and formatting is automated and can be tweaked quickly. Since the end result doesn't require perfection, I'm rather grateful with the automation features as I don't have to be too creative myself and I can rather cherry pick the suggestions I'm offered.

Cons: It works for me. No hiccups there. Tweaking and editing just takes getting used to, but I knew what my expectations were when I went in, and they were met.

by Slidebean on 25/03/2019

Edwin thanks for your review, we are glad you found Slidebean useful. We have something new coming in the nexts days. We'll keep you posted.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
Oliver B.
SEO Strategist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"A must for entrepreneurs"

Pros: The slide deck templates from famous companies are priceless. Building on top of these forces you to do thorough research where you may have left holes and results in a deck with the wow factor.

Cons: Customising slides and rearranging elements is still a bit clunky and there are a few other minor bugs.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
George G.
Business Development and Growth
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Give it some time for you to shed your .ppt-thinking. Then you'll like it!"

Comments: It's really quite good! I have made my last few marketing decks in Slidebean (replacing Keynote which replaced powerpoint) and have been very happy. THe ability to share a link instead of a file means there's nothing to download which is something that frightens customers today.

Pros: You can make beautiful slides that are nicely formatted and have carefully chosen color schemes. At first it seems too limiting, but once you get the hang of the approach you'll find it very useful and easy.

Cons: I'm not crazy about the presentation experience... it builds one element per click -- I'd like to move along at 1 page per click. I'm worried that customers will get bored and abandon...

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Jose 'caya' C.
CEO and Co-Founder
Internet, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2016
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2016
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"The fastest way to create a deck"

Comments: It works great. As you start to use it more, you will fall in love with it.

Pros: - Ease of use
- They have intelligently separated out design from the content. You write your content at one place and Slidebean automagically creates a unique design for you based on that content.
- Present on the web itself.
- Send ppt as a web link which removed the need for a compatible version of ppt on the recipient machine.

Cons: Frankly nothing. They can do with more templates.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Wendy L.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Site has numerous bugs and is very unstable"

Pros: Professional existing templates and easy to use.

Cons: The website is very very unstable. I am creating a deck for my company so I paid for an annual membership. For the past week, I used this platform everyday. There are some small bugs here and there such as the table chart etc. I understand that this is a newer platform and the team is ironing out issues. That is understandable. But then comes today. OMG. The website wiped out all my images and logos. Spoke with a support person. They said it is because Amazon Web Services is having issues so the images cannot load properly. I am pretty sure there is some sort of bug
However, not only was the image not loading, it was doing crazy things. I tried to upload a picture, it turned my slide background black! I cannot export my presentation to PPT or anything.
The representative whom I spoke with kept saying this is a AWS issue. He couldn't tell me when the issue can be fixed. These issues rendered my deck completely unusable.
I am pretty sure this is not just an AWS issue. I like Slidebean until now. I didn't appreciate how they kept blaming everything on AWS and did not give me an estimate on when the problem will get resolved. Its unprofessional.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Heath H.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Enhance your Pitch Deck and make your slides more visually striking."

Pros: I'm not the most "design" skilled person, one thing i struggle with is making presentations really pop and look striking or complex. Slidebean has really helped bring my presentations to life once i have all the data, text and graphs imported. If you are in a creative field (or presenting to a creative business) then Slidebean saves time on the visual aspect of your slide deck and makes sure it's more appealing for viewers. I like that it's intergrated with Powerpoint and Google Slides, not just their own platform - that way people think you designed everything yourself!

Cons: Nothing i disliked, but maybe they could integrate with more tools in future? If they could get skilled and help out with Prezi or Canva presentation, even though they are competitors, it would be fantastic. AS the downside to those other tools if the fact there's very little help and support. Slidebean on the other hand is very personal and supportive.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Paola S.
Head of strategy

"Never looked better"

Comments: I have to send presentations to my customers weekly and this tool has saved me around 1 day A WEEK of work, nobody knows it takes me minutes to put up a report way better looking than my coworkers

Pros: All resources are there, I don't have to go hunting for images or icons.

Cons: It sometimes has a hiccup when working in the collaboration mode (two people editing the same presentation)

by Slidebean on 01/12/2016

Soo happy to hear that Slidebean has saved you time :) We are currently working to improve the collaboration mode <3 so stick around :D

Chief Executive Officer
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Really easy-to-use alternative to PowerPoint"

Pros: You can instantly apply design changes across the full presentation and continue to do so, until you find a design which is a good fit for you. Also the native image bank is a big plus.

Cons: I can't think of anything which I don't like. Only, if you need to control and edit every single bit of your graphic elements, then SlideBean will not be for you.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Joby I.
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"Great place to create and host your pitch decks "

Pros: The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance.
You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly.
They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons: My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Director of Marketing and Communications
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Early in the process, great value for money if you can get in now while they build out roadmap tech."

Comments: Cloud slide presentation development at a good value for the cost of the product.

Pros: Love the easy edibility within the slide software. Pre-made templates to choose from that makes editing a professional presentation easy and accessible. They have the ability to share and integrate with ease.

Cons: The platform is newer, at least it seems to be, and that has caused the platform to seem not fully built out yet. The roadmap will include far more pre-made templates and integration features, however right now the value for money is on point with where they are in the development process.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Jackline M.

"Bombass Presentation Software"

Comments: been using it for service proposals mostly but my clients seem to really love the format of delivering the proposal with a link and I can also use their insights to track how far along my clients got into the proposal

Pros: easy to use

by Slidebean on 02/11/2016

Happy our service proposal template are working out great for you :)

Richard S.
Professor
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

"Really easy to use!"

Comments: So, I'm not very good with design, presentations or any of that. And with Slide bean I managed to make really clean slides, that actually look good, and it was easy. Overall very happy with the service, fast and simple.

Pros: Again, it's easy and to the point, great for quick slides, fast and simple presentations, I used it for some lectures no issues really.

Cons: It needs to grow a bit, I could use some other features, and maybe more kinds of elements, or an app to handle things on the phone, but as problems go, nothing mayor.

Director de Carrera de Mercadotecnia y Comunicación
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"Excellent app to create visual and dynamic Presentations "

Comments: Excellent app to create very professional and visual presentations, with the possibility to share with other people and track it.

Pros: Excellent app that I love to create professional presentations. The Best think is that you can add a tracking when you share it, so you can check who opens it and who doesn't. I like all the templates and very visual dashboard.

Cons: I don't like that the number of templates is very limited and the number graphics, too. I miss the possibility to use a free picture library to implement and get better results.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Camille A.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Creat great-looking presentations. A total time saver!"

Pros: - It is a great replacement of PowerPoint.
- Save time creating presentations.
- Share and collaborate with others.
- Can be exported to PDF.

Cons: - Needs more flexibility as we build custom slides.
- Can't export to PPT.
- Needs greater quality templates library.

by Slidebean on 30/04/2018

Thanks for the awesome review!
PPT export was recently added :)

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Don D.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"I suck at design but you wouldn't know that with Slidebean"

Comments: Easy to learn tool that allows me to write great content while they take care of the design. I spend much less time on my decks now and end up with a higher quality result. Huge library of templates and content for your decks. Their chat support is great as well!

Pros: Value to me. Time savings and quality of the finished product.

Cons: It's buggy sometimes but what startup app isn't?

Visual Designer
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"An amazing online presentation tool for use "

Comments: The great advantage slidebean has is the insights which It can show it for the presentation.

Pros: Slidebean is an awesome online presentation tool which I think is more geared towards Pitch Desks. I had an opportunity to create a pitch desk with one of my clients and the option to see the insights of the presentation is very good to have.

Cons: They could include various themes and an option to create our own theme, right now there isn't many themes which personally like.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Isabella S.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"My favorite online presentation tool!"

Comments: I've been using Slidebean for over a year now and I love it! The simplicity of the platform and the variety of templates that it offers makes it a great presentation tool. Not only I would recommend it for startups, but also for marketers and businesses that need to create presentations on a daily basis.

Julian J.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Best Presentation App out there!"

Comments: Slidebean is super easy to use! It helped me create awesome looking presentations for my startup! Great customer success team! Never using PowerPoint again!

Pros: Easy to use
Awesome looking presentation
Great Design Team
Great Customer Success team
Great Pricing

Cons: Nothing