Slidebean Reviews

by Slidebean

Filter by:

• Overall

About Slidebean

We help startups raise capital with powerful pitch decks

Learn more about Slidebean

Freelance
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2021

"AI powered slide creator"

Pros: Slidebean is a complete slideshow maker that helps you build stunning presentations from scratch or edit existing ones using a beautiful & an intuitive drag & drop editor. You can get your slideshows from idea to completion in minutes. I like that it has 2 parts, the content part and the design part. You just enter all the information and visuals and get your design. "Arrange with AI" button rearranges the slides automatically if you want another layout options. Really impressive.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike about this software.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2021
Melanie E.
Melanie E.
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2019

"This Has Become My Go To Tool for Pitch Decks"

Comments: The quality of the appearance of our pitch decks has improved 200%. And while it's what you say in that pitch that matters most first impressions and apparences count and the fact the agency has won jobs over bigger companies has at least a little to do with this.

Pros: Pitches are a part of daily life for my agency, and although over the years we have tried a number of pitch deck softwares when I found Slidebean I haven't used anything else since. It's hard to pick a best feature. It's not a steep learning curve to begin using it successfully, the design templates are great and the customer service is fantastic. A favorite tool for sure.

Cons: There's nothing to not like here. If you need to present pitch decks and do not maintain a full time design department to do it for you then this is the best tool out there.

by Slidebean on 09/04/2019

Melanie thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are more than happy to know that you found value in Slidebean.
We wish you the best!

• Reviewed on 06/04/2019
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"The fastest way to create a deck"

Comments: It works great. As you start to use it more, you will fall in love with it.

Pros: - Ease of use
- They have intelligently separated out design from the content. You write your content at one place and Slidebean automagically creates a unique design for you based on that content.
- Present on the web itself.
- Send ppt as a web link which removed the need for a compatible version of ppt on the recipient machine.

Cons: Frankly nothing. They can do with more templates.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Joby I.
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"Great place to create and host your pitch decks"

Pros: The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance.
You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly.
They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons: My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Don D.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"I suck at design but you wouldn't know that with Slidebean"

Comments: Easy to learn tool that allows me to write great content while they take care of the design. I spend much less time on my decks now and end up with a higher quality result. Huge library of templates and content for your decks. Their chat support is great as well!

Pros: Value to me. Time savings and quality of the finished product.

Cons: It's buggy sometimes but what startup app isn't?

Julian J.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Best Presentation App out there!"

Comments: Slidebean is super easy to use! It helped me create awesome looking presentations for my startup! Great customer success team! Never using PowerPoint again!

Pros: Easy to use
Awesome looking presentation
Great Design Team
Great Customer Success team
Great Pricing

Cons: Nothing

• Reviewed on 01/12/2016
Joshua S.
Joshua S.
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2017

"Great start but too buggy for real use"

Pros: Easy quick and beautiful. Great starter templates and color themes. Love the icon library and the simple intuitive UI.

Cons: Too many small frustrations. Moving my entire layout when I add a content block. Pushing the title or other blocks off canvas so they have to be deleted and recreated. Buggy content editors causing me to have to input text over and over again. Things not saving, or overwriting other content blocks when making selections.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2017
Jackson C.
President/CEo
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2019

"Great slide sharing/pitching/presentation software"

Comments: I picked this up on a lifetime deal from AppSumo in 2016, figuring I'd need it someday. That day finally came this year (2019) and I'm glad I invested in it to "future-proof" my business. The software seems much improved from the time it launched. I had no problems learning and using it, and I'm not much of a techie, so that's a good sign anyone can quickly master Slidebean.

Pros: This was easy to learn software that creates nice-looking, professional slides. It includes a library of animated GIFs, color palettes, pitch templates, and royalty-free stock photos to jazz your slides up.

Cons: I have not had any real problems with this software yet.

by Slidebean on 22/07/2019

Hi Jackson, we are so glad to know that we were able to bring value to you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Cheers,

Slidebean Team

• Reviewed on 20/07/2019
Karol M.
Graphic Design, Self Employed

"Slidebean is Awesome!"

Comments: I began using slidebean for all my presentations a time ago, and it is great. My presentations are creative, unique, and professional . Just Great!!!

Pros: It is easy to use and helps me creating best presentation with enough text, great images and so on.

Cons: I really like it!

Justin T.
CTO
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"Awesome product, works for Fuddar"

Comments: Slidebean's intuitive presentation engine is fantastic to use. I was able to create Fuddar's MVP presentation using one of their templates. Fantastic customer support and agile company!

Pros: Great templates, ease of use

Cons: Mobile compatibility

Paulo A.
Coordenador de Graduação Tecnológica em de Animação
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2019
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2019
Pip Q.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"Continued to charge after cancelling"

Comments: I canceled my subscription in September last year which was acknowledged by then but they continued to charge me monthly until June this year. I received only a partial refund (3months) and am still trying to recoup the remaining 6 months worth of subs. It was so disappointing. So far it's been a wall of silence.

Pros: The product is fantastic . It was a little expensive and I wasn't using it as much as I should have, so I ended up cancelling.

Cons: Would have preferred my colour choices for the presentations

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Joshua V.
Soap Opera Sequence Expert
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2021

"Slidebean is like power point, only beautiful and engaging enough to make people stick around."

Comments: The business problem I'm solving with Slidebean is how to make visually boring presentations much more energetic, and interesting. So far Slidebean is the best solution i've found that can do this. If they focus more on webinars they will be perfect.

Pros: What I love most about Slidebean is how beautiful, and interesting it makes your presentations look like. When you need to keep people engaged for 30 minutes, or 1 hour you need your slides to look as interesting and desirable as possible. Powerpoint simply won't do anymore. One look at Slidebean's youtube channel will show you just how engaging Slidebean presentations really are. They dogfood their product to a highly effective degree.

Cons: What I like least about this software, is there isn't enough documentation or tools to make using Slidebean extremely easy with Zoom webinars. It seems to focus mostly on pitching to VC's to get funding as a Startup company. However, I don't think most businesses are in that position. They should focus new features on making webinars easier to rollout.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2021
George G.
George G.
Business Development and Growth
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Give it some time for you to shed your .ppt-thinking. Then you'll like it!"

Comments: It's really quite good! I have made my last few marketing decks in Slidebean (replacing Keynote which replaced powerpoint) and have been very happy. THe ability to share a link instead of a file means there's nothing to download which is something that frightens customers today.

Pros: You can make beautiful slides that are nicely formatted and have carefully chosen color schemes. At first it seems too limiting, but once you get the hang of the approach you'll find it very useful and easy.

Cons: I'm not crazy about the presentation experience... it builds one element per click -- I'd like to move along at 1 page per click. I'm worried that customers will get bored and abandon...

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Edwin S.
Community Engagement Officer
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"Sleek and breathy slides; it separates content from design and eliminates the huge learning curve"

Comments: It does the thinking for me in terms of design and formatting, and that is where a lot of time was wasted when I created slides. And I don't need to spend extra time learning what a huge range of tools does when it's done for me automatically in the background.

Pros: I've used the classic PowerPoint for many years and I still use that at time for particular reasons when I need hefty presentations rich in facts and figures. But more often than not, I need sleek and breathy slides that showcases tastefully 1 or 3 points per slide. I find Slidebean to do a neat job at separating content from design. Unlike what I was used to previously and that was tons of tools and a huge learning curve, Slidebean's design and formatting is automated and can be tweaked quickly. Since the end result doesn't require perfection, I'm rather grateful with the automation features as I don't have to be too creative myself and I can rather cherry pick the suggestions I'm offered.

Cons: It works for me. No hiccups there. Tweaking and editing just takes getting used to, but I knew what my expectations were when I went in, and they were met.

by Slidebean on 25/03/2019

Edwin thanks for your review, we are glad you found Slidebean useful. We have something new coming in the nexts days. We'll keep you posted.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
Heath H.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Enhance your Pitch Deck and make your slides more visually striking."

Pros: I'm not the most "design" skilled person, one thing i struggle with is making presentations really pop and look striking or complex. Slidebean has really helped bring my presentations to life once i have all the data, text and graphs imported. If you are in a creative field (or presenting to a creative business) then Slidebean saves time on the visual aspect of your slide deck and makes sure it's more appealing for viewers. I like that it's intergrated with Powerpoint and Google Slides, not just their own platform - that way people think you designed everything yourself!

Cons: Nothing i disliked, but maybe they could integrate with more tools in future? If they could get skilled and help out with Prezi or Canva presentation, even though they are competitors, it would be fantastic. AS the downside to those other tools if the fact there's very little help and support. Slidebean on the other hand is very personal and supportive.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Paola S.
Head of strategy

"Never looked better"

Comments: I have to send presentations to my customers weekly and this tool has saved me around 1 day A WEEK of work, nobody knows it takes me minutes to put up a report way better looking than my coworkers

Pros: All resources are there, I don't have to go hunting for images or icons.

Cons: It sometimes has a hiccup when working in the collaboration mode (two people editing the same presentation)

by Slidebean on 01/12/2016

Soo happy to hear that Slidebean has saved you time :) We are currently working to improve the collaboration mode <3 so stick around :D

Maria B.
student
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2018

"very good, with this program I can make attractive online presentations very quickly."

Pros: It is extremely easy to use and allows you to create a presentation in a short time compared to other presentation programs.
It has beautiful templates that allow you to guide yourself in the creation of presentations.
The best thing that you have is the speed with which the changes are applied when you are creating or editing the presentation, also the loading time of the presentations is very fast.

Cons: has no free plan, only offer a trial period of 2 weeks and with most of the important functions blocked, you can not download the presentation in any of the popular formats such as ppt or pdf, nor can you share on social networks unless to subscribe to some of the payment plans.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2018
Paula E.

"Slidebean is great"

Comments: Hello, great experience with design and UX, very helpful when I need to pitch and idea or work with a group of people! Very happy!

Andrea C.

"Amazing product"

Comments: Made my presentation experience suuuuper easy and the support chat was great for quick questions :)

Krishnamoorthy C.
CEO and Founder
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Decent features, but fraudulently charge card through auto renewal and dont refund."

Comments: OKay

Pros: Easy of use to create simple slides, use of templates.

Cons: The layout is not that easy to use, wasted lot of time designing the slides.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2017

"A desaster"

Cons: When you pay for the redesign service , you are not actually dealing with real ppt experts. First they have to do for this specific service is actually become ppt experts. Read the content , use better graphics if necessary , make it beautiful and help the user to save time and have value for the money.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2017
David L.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Spice Up Your Presentation Slide"

Comments: I use Slidebean to prevent the others from using my slide if I email it to them.

Pros: - simple to use
- ready templates to speed up or inspire your slide design process.
- sharing with the option to lock with a password so you can track who has viewed your slide
- analytic although pretty redundant to me. Maybe someone else will find it useful.
- lately they have added in A.I functionality to spice up your presentation

Cons: Hmm... I have a strange love-hate feeling towards this app. On one hand, it feels simple to use but on the other, I blame it for not having enough flexibility. Once you have chosen a template, there really isn't much room inside for you to play with. So ended up you'll feel like there are a few slides having the layout you like while another few only so so. Because I need to put in a lot of graphic in my presentation, I hope to see more options for showcasing those graphics. The team need to increase their template options to cater for people that have different needs instead of focusing on Startup Pitch Deck only.

by Slidebean on 14/06/2019

Hi David, thanks for your honest review. This is going to help us improve Slidebean.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Jerry S.
Jerry S.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2020

"excellent and portable web based presentation tool"

Comments: excellent way to make your presentations look great, but also be web based and usable anywhere.

Pros: If you need to do a presentation, but aren't sure if the audience will have a compatible software program, but know they will have access to a modern web browser, slidebean can be an invaluable tool. Presentations are very easy to create and are hosted by slidebean. They can be played back through a web-browser (you just need the address for the presentation). The presentations look great and are easy to deploy

Cons: I didn't have any problems creating or deploying a presentation. I am not aware of any negatives in using this software.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2020
Chief Executive Officer
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Really easy-to-use alternative to PowerPoint"

Pros: You can instantly apply design changes across the full presentation and continue to do so, until you find a design which is a good fit for you. Also the native image bank is a big plus.

Cons: I can't think of anything which I don't like. Only, if you need to control and edit every single bit of your graphic elements, then SlideBean will not be for you.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018