About Yotpo

Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform with data-driven, integrated solutions for reviews, loyalty, SMS marketing, and more.

Learn more about Yotpo

Pros:

It is very easy to use and the videos tutorials are really helpful.

Cons:

YOTPO can be a little bit intimidating to dive into, but with a bit of effort you will be off and running.

Yotpo ratings

4.4
4.6
4.4
4.0

8.1/10

Yotpo has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 303 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Yotpo before?

Travis R.
Travis R.
Ecommerce Consultant in US

Delivers reviews, easy to use!

5 5 years ago

Comments: It makes my client's money every day and increases engagement. It makes me look good every time I recommend it and Yotpo is a great company to deal with.

Pros:

Yotpo is easy to install if you're using a major eCommerce cart provider like Magento, Shopify, etc. There are some other copy cats out there that promise the world but they have all fallen short or simply miss things. I'm using the incentive coupons to get more reviews with some clients and it's awesome. The review moderation is easy to use, makes sense and we use it every day. As an eCommerce consultant I recommend Yotpo to all my clients and see the results first hand.

Cons:

Yotpo can be a powerful tool in the right hands. It has a ton of features and you can get lost during setup on which are the most important.

Kristopher L.
Director, Digital Marketing in US
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use and great support

5 8 months ago

Comments: We took our time in getting the integration set up, but once the review emails started sending to consumers who purchased online the reviews came piling in. Yotpo helped organize and filter these reviews and we've been very happy with the results.

Pros:

Yotpo's setup process and continued support has made the addition of this review platform painless with a huge return on investment. We have received more consumer reviews since adding Yotpo 6 months ago then we did in the previous 6 years. Our success manager is quick to respond and makes great recommendations and adding widgets is easy for anyone on our team to do.

Cons:

We cannot currently share consumer reviews with the product team for an individual product. This would be valuable information for the product team to make adjustments during the growing/production season. It would also be great to have consumer reviews attached to records in our CRM which is also not currently available.

Alternatives Considered: PowerReviews and Trustpilot

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: Ease of use, high conversion, quick implementation, and cost efficiency.

6 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are constantly working on improving our product and your input is incredibly valuable to us. If you are encountering any issues or have any questions, please feel free to reach out ot our customer service at any time and they will do their best to assist you.

Nicole G.
Director of Customer Experience in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Yotpo Review

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Our experience has been decent. We don't typically hear from our rep to help us improve our reviews or to go over best practices.

Pros:

It's a nice review program that allows us to get a pulse on what's happening with our customer's orders and the feedback on what customers like.

Cons:

The software is limiting. We can't adjust the timeline for when the reviews go out based on domestic vs international orders. International orders take longer to arrive so trying to set the review for when the item arrives and leaving a review is top of mind becomes difficult. If we have a pre-order item we can't set a different timeline for these and when the customer receives a review before we have shipped it confuses the customer.

Albin O.
Back Office Agent in Sweden
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Feels quite basic, but lacks functionallity

3 2 years ago

Comments: We have used Yotbo for a few years, and since it's implemented on our website it is hard for us to abandon Yotpo, although we really want to.

Pros:

A lot of automatic features, and the software takes care of most things.

Cons:

1. In the Q/A-section there is a "Send to past shoppers"-button. We absolutely hate this button, and there is no option to hide or remove it. It's very easy to accidentally press the button and then an e-mail is sent to hundreds of customers saying our company needs help answering the question. When this happens, we get a lot of angry e-mails from customers asking what we are doing and telling us how incompetent we are. Sometimes people provide personal information in their questions, and if we accidentally send these questions (and personal information) to other customers, we might get sued. 2. There were two of us working in Yotpo, and it was a bit problematic. During the summer there were six of us, and we had to come up with our own solutions to prevent two or three of us not to answer the same reviews, or four of us trying to find the answer to the same question. There is no way to see what questions your colleagues are working with, and no way to make notes on a question or review. We usually spend an hour every day copying all the questions to a separate online document, and all the reviews (with rating, user e-mail address, and order number) to another document to be able to handle it.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience, we absolutely understand your frustration. We are constantly working on improving our product, and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. Please know that our support team is at your disposal and are ready to help you with any issues you might be experiencing. Again, we'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is a critical part of our ongoing efforts to improve.

Adam S.
CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Reviews Sourced the Right Whey ~ AGN Roots

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Yotpo creates the best review app for Shopify without question. I Love the, Subscribe & Save, Reviews Features, Integrations, and most of all, the various stars at all levels, including customer-facing services. I get emailed daily by competitors and always respond, "If you can do it better than YotPo - I'm in" I have yet to consider changing services and find that working with the technical talents of YoTpo has raised my expectations too high to be emailed a 2nd time by competitors in the Shopify integration space.

Pros:

1. The people behind it the Apps 2. The technology software 3. The accreditation built over time

Cons:

I wish the google integration was more affordable (The ability to see my product ratings on Google Search). To pay several hundred per month for that feature is a bummer; that's not a software glitch, that's more of a Google is ripping Yotpo Off glitch & Yotpo has to cover their costs - I am but a humble business who donates processed and thus wants ALL the features for less :)

Shayna B.
eComm Analyst in Canada
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

Review

5 7 months ago

Comments: Really great. Platform is being updated frequently with new features. Customer service is always helpful and resolves issues quickly.

Pros:

The seamless integration with our eComm system (Salesforce Commerce Cloud) and the customer service

Cons:

How you have to be experienced in coding to change key elements of the look/feel of review requests, widgets, etc.

Alternatives Considered: PowerReviews

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: Price, better platform, syndication model is better, implementation was quicker turn around.

4 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our products and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. In addition, if you have any questions regarding customization, our customer service is available 24/7 and they will be happy to assist you.

Yemin K.
Yemin K.
Co-Founder ' COO in US

Best review app period.

4 4 years ago

Comments: More reviews mean more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and the moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

Pros:

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

Cons:

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

Shane S.
Marketing Director in US
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Yotpo: A Solid Option for Transparency

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

Yotpo definitely stands out as a leader in review and content management. It performs consistently and if anything is not working, they have extensive help articles and easy to contact support. Currently, we use Yotpo Reviews and UGC. It's great to have not only word reviews but allow customers to share their photos of the finished project.

Cons:

Sometimes the dashboard can be glitchy and not load properly. If you're on a slow internet connection, be prepared to experience some delays as well.

James W.
The dude that runs it in UK
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Great bit of software!

5 last month New

Comments: Great. Reviews help sell products.

Pros:

Easy to setup and use. Has been a real addition to my website showing real customer reviews.

Cons:

I think there should be a lower/mid tier option, not just free, then a $80 per month.

Bee D.
Consultant in Australia
Human Resources, Self Employed

Easy integration with website and social platforms

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

Reviews are automatically posted to my socials. Easy to respond to reviewers.

Cons:

Initially, I found it a bit tricky to get my head around how it works.

Chantell M.
Marketing Associate in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

A great asset to our company!

5 last year

Comments: When we first integrated YotPo, we had an increase in revenue because potential buyers were able to read reviews and see photos from other customers, making them feel more confident and educated in purchasing our products. UGC is an essential component of our website, and YotPo offers a simple-to-use software that easily integrates those revenue-increasing elements on our website. Overall, YotPo has been a great tool for our company - increasing our revenue and helping us seamlessly integrate reviews and photos on our website.

Pros:

YotPo has been a super helpful tool for our company to curate customer reviews and visual content. The platform is very straight-forward to learn and navigate. The analytics feature has been a great component to help us track UGC and interaction with the widgets on our website. Our personal rep has also been really great to work with! She does a wonderful job of informing us of new YotPo features and analyzing our content for areas of growth. Another great feature is that photos can be attached to reviews, and the photos in our website gallery include the review or social media post they were included with. YotPo's customer service team has been readily available and very supportive in troubleshooting. They always follow up & stick with an issue until it's resolved.

Cons:

I've run into an issue with the visual content curator that hasn't been solved, even with multiple conversations with customer service. When I manually upload, some photos with a portrait ratio end up looking skewed and distorted. There's no software solution for this, so I've had to just resize images on my own to avoid it. Other improvements I'd like to see are increased visual settings for photo galleries, greater customization options for review request emails, and the capacity to see how many reviews included photos (this is not currently a data point I can see in analytics).

last year

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying using Yotpo and are seeing the benefits on your website. We are constantly working on improving our product and your feedback is incredibly important to up.

Joe B.
Owner in US

Great Platform Overall

5 last year

Comments: Overall, the platform has been pretty great. Our biggest gripe would be in the pricing. As a small business it is incredibly hard to have all of the important things (like a review platform) we need to be successful and also drive the kind of revenue we need to be sustainable. Every service costs money and it adds up quick. Most services are not small business focused as they get a lot more money from enterprise packages, which is unfortunate us little guys. Yotpo does offer growth packages, but they ramp up in price really quickly.

Pros:

Reviews are incredibly important and Yotpo is a great platform to deliver them. They offer quite a few features in the lower priced tiers and are relatively easy to use. Yotpo is a recognized name by many consumers as a trusted reviews platform, which is a great benefit. Support has always been quick and helpful. They are a Google reviews partner, which is important to us.

Cons:

The interface could be easier to navigate. The price is pretty high, but going cheaper means you may not get a platform that people know and trust.

Alternatives Considered: Loox and Trustpilot

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: Google partner, trusted platform

last year

Thank you for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear you're satisfied with Yotpo and the results you've been seeing. We are constantly iterating our pricing/plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the plan you're on or the other plans we offer.

Jeanette H.
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Goodbye Mailchimp! Hello Yotpo!

5 last year

Comments: I'm very pleased. I'm also impressed with the staff. They've been super helpful and friendly.

Pros:

I loved the ability to keep everything all in one place. It's super user friendly (although I'm still learning every day) .

Cons:

Wish there were more options for email templates. Sometimes I don't have time to custom create a new look so if there were more options where I could just plug in my over verbiage and photos of products it would be super helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo: Cost and the ability to keep everything in house. I hated having multiple platforms for various things.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: Price and ability to keep everything in one place

last year

Thank you for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Justin H.
Director of Daily Operations in US

Easy To Use

5 3 years ago

Comments: It's been great for the most part.

Pros:

I like that I get notified of every review that comes in or if there is a negative review that need attention. I also like that there is a feature for a customer to select they did not receive their product if they did not receive it.

Cons:

I don't like that I don't believe there is an option for users to amend their reviews. If somebody leaves a negative review but we take care of them, it would be nice to send a follow up prompt saying something like. "It looks like the company was able to resolve your issue or concerns, would you like to amend your review?" It's very unlikely that the person will go back and write a new review since they are now no longer prompted to do a review.

Alternatives Considered: Trustpilot

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo: Better ease of use and more functionality.

Switched From: Trustpilot

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: Just staying with Trustpilot or looking at other options.

3 years ago

Hi Justin, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback and are happy to hear you're having a positive experience with Yotpo. As far as changing or updating reviews, we absolutely understand your frustration, but to confirm- do not offer that capability. What you can do is resend an Automatic Review Request email which will replace the existing review that's no longer relevant. Here's a link that should help: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/resending-an-automatic-review-request-email

Seth H.
Marketing Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

Yotpo Provided Brand Credibility

5 3 years ago

Comments: Yotpo gave credibility to our brand. We were using a generic review solution previously. While we did have some reviews, we weren't collecting new reviews very quickly and the overall format of them didn't provide any sort of confidence to potential customers that they were legitimate reviews. Yotpo immediately improved our review collection rate and gave new potential customers that these were reviews from real golfers who had been using our product.

Pros:

The best thing about Yotpo is it works really well no matter how much time and attention I give it every day. It works best when I'm responding to reviews and using the social boost features to take advantage of all the great reviews that we're receiving. However, if I'm overwhelmed with other work, then I don't HAVE to log in and check things. Yotpo just works.

Cons:

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely worth the money. I had to "go to bat" in order for our company to adopt this solution, but it didn't take long for everyone to see the value. And now there's no question that Yotpo provides a big boost to our brand, user experience, SEO, and advertising.

3 years ago

Hi Seth! Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the results. We're constantly working to improve our product and better serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Mathias I.
COO in Norway
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

Yotpo: Easy to use, insightful analytics and customer friendly.

5 11 months ago

Comments: YotPo provides me with alot of features that helps new customers in the right direction when chosing a product to buy. With great display of former reviews and product reviews, new customers trust your business and the step to finish a purchase.

Pros:

The ability to have an easy overview of all the tools and alot of the features happens automatically. With YotPo you will have every tool inhouse and when everything is set up correctly you are provided with useful analytics and a great overview of how your customers review the business.

Cons:

There is quite a handfull of features so it's easy to get "lost" within all of them.

Alternatives Considered: Lipscore

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo: Mainly the lack of customer service at Feefo.

Switched From: Feefo

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: I was already in talk with YotPo when Lipscore approched me. It seemed YotPo could provide me with a more all inclusive platform.

11 months ago

Thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying using Yotpo. If you have any questions or need any guidance regarding the features available in your plan and how to best utilize them, please feel free to reach out to our customer service and they will do everything they can to assist you.

Ellie P.
Digital Operations Manager in Canada

Premium customer reviews solution

5 3 years ago

Comments: Yotpo has really let us use user-generated content to increase our conversion rates while helping us offset the cost of creating our own content, with more authentic content.

Pros:

Yotpo has an easy to use interface and has robust and well thought out features and tools for collecting user reviews and photos and displaying them on our websites to really make an impact with customers. Additionally, our account rep is super responsive and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

Cons:

It does have a higher price tag to some of its competitors, that said, the polish within the product and reliability isn't something you find in all SAS solutions.

Alternatives Considered: Smile.io

3 years ago

Hi Ellie! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo. Our price structure varies depending on the business needs and we're happy to hear that you're seeing the results on your site. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Alli T.
Founder & CEO in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Very pleased with core product!

5 last year

Comments: It's been wonderful working with Yotpo; their team is so helpful and positive.

Pros:

We were in desperate need for automated, Verified reviews that didn't require us to monitor or control the spam or misdirected customer service inquires on our site, for a price that we could afford. Yotpo was that solution for us.

Cons:

In order to unleash all of the greatness that Yotpo has to offer, you jump from an affordable price to a price that only large co's can afford. Wish there was an option in between.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: 1) Ease of implementation and use. 2) Great customer support. 3) Competitors using the same software.

last year

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide the solutions you needed. We are constantly working on our pricing to try and make sure our customers are on their best fitting plan. We do understand that it sometimes doesn't work out. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your plan or any of our other plans.

Stephen V.
Digital Experience Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Mature But Expensive Reviews Platform

4 2 years ago

Comments: We've been able to collect a lot of reviews quickly with the tool and it's been great to be able to customize to the exact look and feel we want. But it is expensive and missing some features I would want like a review request send integration with our ESP.

Pros:

The platform has a lot of mature features including some interesting AI-driven tools to display review hightlight. You can do advanced customization of the widget CSS to style it with your fonts and get it looking exactly how you want. We're collecting a good rate of reviews at around 6%.

Cons:

It's very expensive relative to competitors like Okendo or Stamped — double, almost triple the price. It has a few additional features like Google Seller Ratings for Google text ads and the AI-driven highlights, but aside from that, the value is questionable compared to those options. I also don't like that I can't send review requests with our ESP, Klaviyo. I would really love the aggregate analytics on email sends by sending with one platform. It would also allow us to segment users by country or purchase easier since Klaviyo has far superior segmentation tools.

Alternatives Considered: Reviews.io, PowerReviews and Okendo

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: We were originally on Magento, and Yotpo was the best option that integrated well with that platform, had Google Seller Ratings, and customization capabilities we needed.

2 years ago

Hi Stephen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly working on improving our product and our customer service, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Abraham B.
CEO in US

Great functionality but...

4 3 years ago

Comments: Onboarding experience was great. Like the personal touch everything gets.

Pros:

I like that with Yotpo I own my reviews and I get much more control over design. When onboarding Yotpo provided a personal dev team to design my Review portal to make it match the feel and look of my store.

Cons:

I was hoping that Yotpo will increase reviews and customer engagement however the case seems to be that less people are leaving reviews and engaging with the reviews and Q&A. I also don't like that the Q&A section doesn't have a search bar when the Q&A section is separate for the reviews tab. And finally the app is very expensive and especially if in getting less activity with the reviews and Q&A I don't know if the cost is worth it.

Alternatives Considered: Shopper Approved and Trustpilot

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo: I wanted to get more reviews by integrating it to a rewards program. Also I wanted something more custom to my website design.

Switched From: Smile.io

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: Since Yotpo integrates well with this rewards app

3 years ago

Hi Abraham, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on finding ways to improve our product and better serve our customers. We hear your frustration and have reached out to one of the team members on your account - they'll be getting in touch to work together on easing some of these concerns.

Meghan W.
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Great integration with Shopify

5 last year

Pros:

We recently switched over our ecommerce to Shopify and with it added Yotpo to our integrations to collect reviews. I love the automation and the ease of set-up for basic review collection (and that we were able to send an initial manual-request to previous customers) as well as the straight-forward dashboard for review moderation.

Cons:

It is rather frustrating how many of the features are blocked behind certain tiers and payment levels -- have sometimes run into something I thought we'd be able to use (like integration with Klaviyo or Q&A) that are not available to us unless we spring for a higher payment level -- and given our order volume right now it isn't an upgrade that makes sense at this time. I also wish more customer service was available at the lower tiers - the chat box has only been moderately helpful when I've utilized it for troubleshooting.

Alternatives Considered: Smile.io

last year

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. We apologize for the delayed response from customer service. Please do not hesitate to get in touch again if you are encountering any difficulties and we'll do our best to support you.

Ben P.
Ecommerce Manager in UK
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Has helped our business

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Yotpo has allowed us to gather thousands of customer reviews that help provide social proof to drive new customer purchases. We have been using the softeware successfully for over 2 years and have now signed up to their SMS marketing platform.

Cons:

The Facebook advertising integration is very basic and does not allow for well crafted adverts to be launched.

Alternatives Considered: Feefo

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: I was more confident in what was offered by Yotpo and it works across our multiple websites.

2 years ago

Hello Ben! Thank you for the amazing review! We're happy to know you've been enjoying Yotpo for so long and that you keep seeing great results.

Matthew D.
Principal in US
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Easy To Use, Looks Nice, Cheaper Alternatives

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great tech, easy to implement, easy to use, contains a ton of features - it's just overpriced.

Pros:

Yotpo is easy to implement and use. Being able to create Facebook ads directly from customer reviews is incredibly valuable and has brought large amounts of revenue to our store.

Cons:

There are cheaper alternatives (MUCH cheaper) that do the exact same thing and even do most things better. Yotpo does appear to be severely overprice, in my honest opinion.

Alternatives Considered: Okendo

3 years ago

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Our pricing is catered to the needs & wishlists of the brands we work with and we're extremely sorry to hear that you weren't able to see the value of Yotpo in your experience. Every review, positive and negative, plays a big role in how we evolve our product and teams, and really appreciate you leaving your feedback.

Catarina B.
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Reviewing the Reviews

5 2 years ago

Comments: For a small company, every bit of feedback matters to build brand trust and confidence and I wouldn't have been able to do it without Yotpo.

Pros:

Yotpo has been a very good asset to my company as it has made it very easy to capture user feedback on my products and subsequently display them on the website. Their integration with WooCommerce is seamless and the ease of capturing reviews with an email integrated form is super quick.

Cons:

The only negative for me is how their external scripts can affect my site speed, perhaps this is something they can work on improving as in this day an age speed is key for converting viewers into customers.

Alternatives Considered: Reviews.io

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo: There were some brands that I am familiar with using Yotpo so I went with them.

last year

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We work hard to meet our customers' expectations, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Elise S.
Customer Experience Team Lead in Canada

Great Review Platform - Could Be Better

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Yotpo is a great reviews platform that is easy to use and manage, even across multiple brands and products, all under one account.

Pros:

In terms of functionality, Yotpo is easy to implement and use, from both a front-end and back-end perspective. It easily hosts your product's (or company's) reviews and displays them on the website is a visually aesthetic way, with customizable features.

Cons:

It would be great to implement a feature that allows the user on the customer's end to have more filter options for the reviews. There are other review platforms that have more fields to answer, therefor offering more information for the customer to browse when looking at reviews. Since referrals and reviews are one of the first things customers look at before purchasing, giving more information options (beyond name, product, and product rating) along with making filter features easy to accessible allows the customer to access more detailed information, but helps to make the conversion quicker.