15 years helping British businesses

About Nutshell

Nutshell is an all-in-one CRM and email marketing platform that helps B2B organizations work together to win more deals.

Learn more about Nutshell

Pros:

One of the cool functions is that it integrates with email, so when you have communications with customers, it automatically shows in the tool.

Cons:

I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Nutshell ratings

4.0

8.0/10

Nutshell has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 468 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Nutshell before?

Al
Al
Senior Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Nutshell has transformed our lead management

Pros:

Our primary goal was to have a high-functioning CRM that supported lead nurturing and helped us close sales. Nutshell does that exceptionally well, but that is just the starting point. Automating tasks and communication through multiple sales pipelines is easy and intuitive. We are already seeing results from the automation. Tracking our current clients for upsells and renewals is also intuitive and easy. Our next step is to use the marketing potential of the platform to increase our lead generation as well. The implementation went very smoothly, support from Nutshell staff was great, and I was up and running with Nutshell in days, and now I can track leads, make calls, and send emails and never have to leave the platform. It has greatly increase my efficiency.

Cons:

Not sure how to answer the cons. There are a few areas where I would like to customize fields, or change their location, but it is a small complaint

2 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words about Nutshell, Al! We're excited to hear how Nutshell is supporting your sales process, and can't wait to see how you implement Nutshell next! We love hearing how our customers use Nutshell to grow their businesses, and sincerely appreciate your review! Happy Nutshelling! Jewell from Nutshell

Tatiana
Marketing and Talent Manager in US
Medical Devices, 51–200 Employees

Easy, Convenient but Some Paint Points

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like that Nutshell is straightforward to build. As an admin, it's easy to set up the pipelines, add users, and the interface is easy to follow. Some of its capabilities are very helpful, such as tasks/automatic tasks, automatic emails, email integration, RingCentral integration, etc. The fact they track audience engagements is also helpful to get a feel for the audiences. There are some limitations, of course, but it's possible to use it well based on the lower price point than other competitors.

Cons:

The features are sometimes limiting. They intend to be helpful but actually cause more work. For example, I dislike how you can't choose a certain date for an automatic task but rather have to delay it by X amount of business days—it becomes such a pain. I also dislike the same feature for the automatic emails, it becomes a pain point. The pipelines are good to use but have a limit on how many steps can be created as well, which is also limiting. I also dislike how you can't use the same trigger in different stages of a pipeline—this can be so unhelpful at times. Lastly, there's something very off with the AI used to identify duplicates. Sometimes the suggestions are close to each other but sometimes they're VERY unrelated and it keeps getting flagged as a duplicate.

last month

Thank you for sharing your experience with Nutshell, Tatiana! We're glad to hear Nutshell is easy for your team to use and that you're enjoying features like task and email automation and our integrations. I also appreciate you sharing your feedback about the ability to set specific dates for task/email automation. We're always trying to use customer feedback to inform our next improvements, so I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our product team. All the best, Jewell from Nutshell

Prescott
Prescott
President in US
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

leads don't allow you to easily sell services, only products. After sale service is hindered.

Comments: We get a cost effective CRM that frees up cash flow for use elsewhere in our business.

Pros:

Nutshell offers a unique ability to tag people in activities and run reports on calling activities for my sales reps.

Cons:

Every lead typically has a company or contact. But if you don't save the activity in the lead, and instead under the company or individual contact, you can't see it when your client calls in regarding the sale they want service for, so your customer service is hindered and your sales people look like they don't know the history of the account. It's embarrassing to use this software because Nutshell says they are only helping to land the sale, not support it, but this mindset about how they build their software results in a horrible disconnect with regards to how we are forced to serve our customers, and thus we are using a CRM that doesn't support the full life cycle of a sale. We keep hoping Nutshell will fix this and improve because their customer service is great, and their people mean well, but after several years of patiently waiting, we are concerned that we may never see this problem fixed. The mobile app also has so many glitches with the UX that it can't even compare the experience to how you can use leads in a web browser. Further, when we have a customer call in to ask about their account, the recent leads puts the oldest first in the list, which means we have to scroll through several hundred orders just to open the last order we did for that client. If you are trying to sell to a major corporate account with multiple facilities / departments, forget it with Nutshell; linking subcompanies / vendors / partners / other locations is a nightmare in Nutshell.

Celina
Director of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Streamlined CRM for Small Teams

Pros:

Nutshell has been a game-changer for our small team. It promotes open communication and makes tracking wins a breeze. With its intuitive interface, we can easily collaborate, generate insightful reports, and stay organized. It's a must-have for any small team looking to boost productivity and efficiency. Highly recommended!

Cons:

While Nutshell CRM has its strengths, I've found the process of adding team members and fully utilizing its features to be confusing. Despite its promising features, navigating the system for tasks like adding team members feels overly complex. Simplifying these processes would greatly enhance the user experience and make Nutshell even more valuable for small teams like ours.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about Nutshell, Celina! We're excited to hear Nutshell is helping your team streamline communication, reporting, and lead tracking! I also appreciate you sharing about complexity in the process of adding team members. I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts to our product development team so we can work toward a solution. Happy Nutshelling! Jewell from Nutshell

Mark
Sales and Marketing in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

A value for money product but be warned it is very buggy!

Comments: Generally speaking, the software is easy to use and also easy to setup however it is frustrating that there are bugs in some of the basic software components

Pros:

Nutshell is a cost-effective product. Most other similar products are a lot more expensive. One of the unique things about Nutshell is its custom email templates which engage placeholder settings. This means you can customise an email template but include elements or placeholders that need to be customised on a per-email basis so the software will not let you send the email unless the placeholder is attended to.

Cons:

Sadly Nutshell is very buggy and the CS and developer teams seem completely uninterested in resolving my complaints about the software. These are basic features mainly within the templating software which I have told Nutshell about countless times, yet they seem uninterested in resolving them. Sadly the bugs can make for a frustrating experience on some occasions. What is even more annoying is that they continue to turn out useless features that are half-baked rather than spending some time fixing the issues at the centre of their core product.

Garry
Managing Director in UK
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Finding the impossible

Comments: I searched and spent a lot of time looking for the best crm to suit what we needed. Realising along the way that no crm software would ever suit what your specific needs are. That said Nutshell fulfills 95%of what we need as we adapted our processes to suit. Having spent only 2 days learning and implementing g the crm it was fully usable and powerful meeting our needs.

Pros:

Easy to get to grips with and implement. Not over complicated and very flexible to adapt to your way of working.Customer support very responsive.Being able to design multiple pipelines is brilliant.

Cons:

Web analytics could be more detailed but need to explore more.

Phillip
Director of National Sales in US
Furniture, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love Nutshell

Comments: Overall have been very happy with Nutshell, don't regret making the switch and would recommend it to anyone thinking about a CRM

Pros:

Very easy to navigate and set up, much more user friendly than other CRM's, works very well

Cons:

Some limits with email correspondence when forwarding an email, doesn't always work and link correctly

2 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about Nutshell, Phillip! We're so glad to hear you find Nutshell is user-friendly and has been easy to set up for your team! And your issue with email correspondence sounds like a challenge our support team can help solve! You can contact them via the Help tab in Nutshell or at the email here: https://support.nutshell.com/en/articles/8428991-contact-nutshell-support. Happy Nutshelling! Jewell from Nutshell

Michele
We don’t have titles in US
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Daily user appreciates ease and organization

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have previously used several management systems. We have had this for a long time and when we first got it, there were many features that I missed from my other programs. But she does a good job of adding things that customers need help to keep people focused, and on track. Less to do fall through the cracks.

Pros:

Help me to know exactly what I’m going to do on a daily Basis, but also gives me tools to share that information with others. I can look back and see where my sales are trending and how many calls I have made, etc..

Cons:

Just the fact that I cannot control undo things in the email section for instance, if I accidentally bump something and erase a large section of the email body, I am typing, it’s gone there’s no way to control and get it back

last month

Thank you for sharing your review of Nutshell, Michele! We're glad to hear you're enjoying Nutshell's ability to streamline your daily workflow and help you track productivity. And thank you for sharing your thoughts about your email erasing issue. We're always striving to make Nutshell the best CRM for our customers, so I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our product development team. All the best, Jewell from Nutshell

Alexandre
Account Manager in Canada
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

Everything you need is there, creating and managing customers informations is better than Hubspot

Cons:

There's is no platform wide search engine and customer notes are a bit of hassle to modify.

2 months ago

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about Nutshell, Alexandre! We're glad to hear Nutshell is helping your team manage customer data more effectively! And thank you for sharing your wish for a platform-wide search function and easier way to edit notes. We're always striving to make Nutshell the best CRM for our customers, so I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our development team! Happy Nutshelling! Jewell from Nutshell

Javier
Business Development Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Nutshell - The only pipeline tool you'll need

5.0 last month New

Comments: I use nutshell all day every day and it's the main reason my sales production is so good. It keeps me in check and reminds me of what I need to do and when.

Pros:

It's easy to use, keeps me in check and it means I don't have to worry about admin. It has tonnes of features and integrates with my emails meaning everything is recorded automatically including meetings.

Cons:

Lots of pay walls plus there's no easy to use sales automation

last month

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Nutshell, Javier! We're glad to hear Nutshell's features and email integration are helping you track everything you need to increase sales! All the best, Jewell from Nutshell

Christine
Marketing Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Long Time User

Comments: Excellent. They are reachable, option to suggestion, and over the 4 years I have used it they have added many of the features I have asked for; as I'm sure I wasn't the only one requesting them. This demonstrates a company that listens to it's users.

Pros:

I was tasked with finding a CRM and did extensive research. I chose Nutshell and have never looked back. This CRM is super user friendly and easy to train sales people who are usually up and running within 30 minutes. This is NOT Salesforce - no degree required to use it! lolI love Nutshell so much, that I recommend it to my other customers who retain me to manage their marketing. I have over 6 customers using Nutshell and they are all happy with the product!

Cons:

There are a few features I would like to see added... when "starring" the main contact within the company filed- that information should bleed through to the lead, or at least have the same option available within the lead. That same "starred" contact should move to the 1st place in the contact list.

Eugene
President in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Good starter CRM

Comments: Consolidated location for prospects and communication history.

Pros:

We explored a number of CRM solutions and initially selected Insightly after trying to get Tiger CRM working. Insightly functionality was too limiting and consequently was not being used. Our second round of trials lead us to Nutshell, which we have been using for about two years. We found Nutshell to be reasonably robust and easy to use. We have been using it for about two years now. We have about 30,000 contacts and 11,000 companies.

Cons:

We are now running into some functional issues which we have to address with addons, including Mailjet for email campaigns and Zapier for data transfer. The lack of a quoting interface, manual address entry into Quickbooks, lack of phone integration, and incomplete email integration. With the exception of QB integration, the other functions can be addressed with more addons. By the time we get done adding on the functional holes, the price becomes quite high. The reliance on addons also means that the system becomes unwieldy; a different system, management interface, and subscription for each function. At this time, I don't think there is a good solution for QB integration at all. This may not be significant since QB for Manufacturing is below our needs anyway. Our next step may be to use PostBooks, Xtuple, or some other MRP system that includes CRM. But, those also carry their own management burdens and costs. Nutshell does have a reasonable email interface to send correspondence through our IMAP server, but the markup tags are cumbersome, are error prone, has no CC or BCC field, and the reply emails don't populate under the Nutshell customer(s). Consequently, only half of the conversation is visible. Of all of the above, this is the most significant limitation at this point.

Sebastian
National Account Manager in US

Nutshell is overall a great CRM that incorporates good features and provides great customer service

Pros:

I appreciate the constant updates. Nutshell has some ways to come, so it is nice seeing changes be made. Customer service is always on spot and very friendly. Nutshell support page is great for new employees, referring them straight to there for advice. The adaptability & usability of the interface is very user friendly.

Cons:

I have been using this software since October of 2014. So far, I think what needs to be implemented on the "Admin/SetUp side" is making sure Products, Reasons why Leads Close, the Sales Process Competitors, and so much more need to be added from the start with Nutshell and the business buying the service. The reason being is because over the last two years, slowly things have been added/removed/changed. So now we have 2 years worth of jumbled data IMO. Going through a thousand leads that only a handful of them have tags on to find out why something was closed via notes or what product was sold is a little silly. I think the setup process should include this for the end user (being our company). Mind you, I was not the one to set up the account with Nutshell so I am unsure if this is something offered, but It helps a lot when running reports on products, etc.

7 years ago

Hey Sebastian! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hear you on the changes over the last couple of years. I will talk to our dev team about the requests you mention below on the Company. We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Doug
Sales Executive in US
Printing, 2–10 Employees

A great resource

Comments: I have used Nutshell with several companies and from sales teams ranging from 2 people to 15 people. The platform has always risen to the level needed without the crazy expense.

Pros:

I like the fact that Nutshell is not overly complicated. I have been in sales for decades and Nutshell is all I need to be organized and successful.

Cons:

To be 100% honest I do not see anything in the platform that I do not like. It really is all I need to do my job efficiently across our small sales team.

4 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Nutshell, Doug! We're so glad to hear Nutshell is providing value to your and your teams across companies! We look forward to continuing helping you crush your sales goals! Best, Jewell from Nutshell

Sales Manager in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Works well for mobile lead tracking

Comments: The application is very easy to learn for new employees and retrieves data quickly on the desktop and mobile version.

Pros:

The desktop reporting functions are very fast and help us to generate ad-hoc insight into our sales. Competing products tend to take several minutes to generate reports.

Cons:

The mobile Sales Analytics generates reports on a 30-day window as opposed to a month-to-date view. This means that we have to use the desktop reporting to get accurate numbers.

Sara
Director Of Sales in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

I used to sell CRM and Nutshell is a fantastic value with great features

Comments: Our team is extremely happy with Nutshell. I sold CRM for 6 years before coming to this company and right before using Nutshell. I have been pleasantly surprised by the platform. I have used Sales Force and many other CRMS that can be overkill in features and size for a small team. We are 60 employee company with only a handful of users in Nutshell. For a small team, this tool has been perfect for us.

Pros:

I love the ease of use. Intuitive UI. They launch new features and improve existing ones.

Cons:

It has been really difficult to manage duplicates. Lots of dups are created instead of updated. Dups are also suggested when they are no where close to being the same.

Mark
CEO in US
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Cannot imagine a better or more cost effective product for our needs

Comments: NS is critical to our a) Sales management, b) Project management, c) Marketing. We have not tried competitive software, but it's hard to imagine a package better suited to our needs.

Pros:

1) Email marketing capabilities added in the past couple of year have been a game changer for us. 2) Ability to track leads as they turn into projects and are completed - NS is the one tool we use for this, daily. 3) Contact import, export, and bulk editing.

Cons:

Copying emails into Nutshell and assuring they are attached to the correct Lead, and only to the correct Lead, is a pain in the neck. Having to insert "Lead-xxxx" into the subject line is the issue. We do not want our clients to see the word "Lead".

Joel
Owner in US
Law Enforcement, 2–10 Employees

Nutshell Review from Silent 6

Comments: Overall I really like everything except for the inability to track tasks by priority. I also think customer support is a bit lacking after hours and it would be nice if you had some extended hours to be able to live chat with someone in support.

Pros:

Intuitive and easy to learnTracking notes, emails etc is important to us

Cons:

Tasks can only be prioritized by date so I have begun using another solution to track our tasks and am looking for an all in one solution. Tracking tasks by date is important, but more important to us is the ability to task by priority: Urgent, High, Medium, Low. I need to quickly see every day what tasks are most important and start working on them and many do not need a date. I have recommended Nutshell to another business we partner with and they are also looking for another solution because this feature is lacking.

Rob
Product Manager in US

Generally good, but with some really messy issues

Pros:

We love process management with Nutshell. It helps with our initial sales/setup process, and is very customizable. Nutshell is also fairly logical in its approach to content and is visually appealing.

Cons:

We find it is a little too oriented towards "pure" sales teams (we have mixed teams with product, customer service, sales, etc all done by the same groups of people). Mostly, though, we find there are really small but highly irritating bugs or issues. For example, If I start typing a reply to a message that shows up in Nutshell and then click to show more details on the original message, my reply disappears. Another example is that we also see some messiness in how to-dos are handled they show up in my list to-do list even though the step isn't active, or they persist after the lead is closed. Email notifications are spotty or not ideally timed. I provided feedback on this some time ago, but I don't think correcting that is particularly high on the improvements list. A third example is that we work with a number of businesses that have different regional units Nutshell has no support for this, so it is hard to keep our companies list clean. We have lots of duplicate companies.

Bill
Bill
Senior Leadership Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Great Feature-set Without Complexity

Comments: I run a global consulting practice with hundreds of corporate clients and thousands of individual relationships that I manage. Nutshell lets me manage it all. It's my dashboard for everything in my company. It's entry-level rate is worth every penny.

Pros:

I've used Nutshell for three separate businesses that I've run or owned. Each one considered a small to medium-sized business. Nutshell is perfectly suited to us because it's lightweight and easy to learn. It doesn't require an in-house expert on the app (like SalesForce). It's basic feature-set is all I've ever needed, and the support is terrific. Real people at the end of the phone, with fast responses. And, it's made in Michigan! It has a lot of simple customizations that I use; workflow, custom fields, leads, etc.

Cons:

Integrations are somewhat limited, but still, plenty to work with. I'd like an integration to RingCentral's app. Also, it doesn't' handle subsidiary company relationships well. I've had to create a workaround with tags to help connect them.

Daniel
VP Sales in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

User friendly product that has helped our company grow and transcend our industry.

Comments: Nutshell allows a very small company like ours to manage all of our leads and clients in a manner that would be quite challenging without the software. We are a very unique business in a niche industry and Nutshell adapts very well to our needs.

Pros:

It is pretty easy to get up to speed with the software which has been a nice feature for our organization as we've had multiple people needing to use Nutshell...the reporting and tags have been really helpful..I run a lot of custom reports and using the tag feature on a daily basis.

Cons:

It has been challenging to be able to connect with support staff about a technical issue. About a year ago, I really enjoyed being able to message with support staff if I had a question..now it seems like I have to wait a day or two for an automated email reply with some links to some possibly related topics of interest.. my questions can be fairly technical and multi-faceted where either use of messaging or simply talking to another human would be more beneficial.

Tyler
Director of Web Strategy (sales director) in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

Pros:

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

Cons:

we use the dashboard heavily as a team, and the new homescreen layout has made things a little more difficult. We still have issues where items will not "check off" from time to time, or duplicate to-dos from the same process appear. This has decreased since the new layout launched, and I was in contact daily with a customer service rep at that point. The biggest ongoing issue is that the "to-do" items for leads are now harder to get to. You have to select to-do specifically because it defaults to Activities, and then for it to be useful for us, we need to select "only steps with due times" to avoid having cancelled leads etc. show up. I also re-arrange the panes every morning so that the to-do is the majority of the screen. I'd prefer being able to select a permanent layout instead of re-doing it every day.

Frederik
Strategic Sales & Business Intelligence Manager in Sweden
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

User friendly, modern features, good integration with 3rd party apps

Comments: Full control of Sales activities and revenue pipeline in the whole company. For the Sales Manager's they can easy follow their team and individuals performance with just a click on a button really.

Pros:

The main "pro" is the price. Not only it is cheaper compared to 20+ other CRMs I compared before deciding, it is also flexible to go either for Monthly or Annual payment. I can easily add and delete users without any paperwork.

Cons:

Forecast tool (not flexible for setting up team, currencies, product, week/month split). This has made me totally avoid the forecast and budget (KPIs) feature, which is a shame as the new Sales Report is a step in the right direction. Hopefully the Forecast settings can be more flexible as well, then Nutshell will become a 5 star CRM Software.

7 years ago

Hi Frederik, We appreciate your feedback and are very happy you are pleased with the pricing options. I have added your forecast flexibility feedback to my list and will discuss internally with our team to see how best to address. Amanda

Kristina
Client Relation Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

One of the best CRM platforms! User friendly and very engaging for our agency!

Comments: Overall I am extremely please with Nutshell! I like how the platform is laid out. The tools used to help are incredible and the agents that work for Nutshell are easily available to chat with 24/7. They have prompt response time and can almost always solve the issue!

Pros:

Cons:

The base platform doesn't have as many perks as Nutshell Pro, but it has to work for your company. Being in home care industry the Nutshell pro made sense for us!

Stephen
Executive Director in Australia

I have found the recent Nutshell reporting update to be really poor.

Pros:

Nutshell has a reasonably simple interface to use. There has been enough ability to customise the platform to get it to show some of the data/reporting information I needed.

Cons:

The new reporting format is a really poor user experience, putting irrelevant information front and center and making it harder to access the custom set-ups I need to make Nutshell work for me. I had high hopes that Nutshell would continue to improve from its base, however, I haven't seen any signs of a good update to the platform in the last 6-12 months. We are now in the process of evaluating other platforms to move away from Nutshell. Missing major functionality to make it useful.

7 years ago

Hi Stephen, Thank you for your feedback. It's disappointing that you don't find the reports useful. A customer support representative will contact you so we can clearly understand what we can do to help you. Amanda