• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM Software for MSPs and IT Pros. Fixed Cost with unlimited devices, Its that simple. Try for free.

Learn more about Atera

Sean M.
IT Security Manager
Utilities, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Saved us 100,000 a year and revitalized our IT Dept"

Comments: It has been a huge time-saving, money saving, frustration saving, extravaganza of awsomeness.

Pros: The connection to the computers in the field regardless of network (LTE,WIFI,Internal Lan, Guest) so long as you can get internet on the device it will work. (Sometimes when internet is not even available, specific circumstances). The product was found when our company was looking at Connectwise which quoted out 180,000 a year for all of our devices. Atera came in at 1 - 2 a month because of the shift away from how licensing typically destroys your budget. It allowed us to hire a helpdesk person with the savings. Not only that i got rid of my WSUS server and have been using Atera to give realistic reports about the current state of our systems without needing to spend hours going through data. This freed me up to do more of the security work that i have on a day to day basis.

Cons: Some features that could be improved would be the training for how to use it. ITs such an easy product to use you accidentally forget about a lot of the things you can do in mass. I caught our Helpdesk person installing a Symantec update device by device when he should have just rolled it out through MSI deployment to the group. Since it is so easy to connect, push a file, remote in and install, then report on the software/state of the machine after he figured it would be quick.

by Atera on 16/02/2021

Hey Sean, we are so greatful for in-depth the review, and so happy to see the levels of success that Atera helped you reach!
The reporting is something that we put plenty of work into, and luckily, this pays off, for both you as well as your clients.
In regards to the trainings, we did release our Atera Academy program, which has plenty of materials, including text, videos, quizzes, and many more, in order to help you better understand our program and, why not, have a bit of fun with the gamification element. :)
Here's to many more years of successful cooperation!

Brian S.
IT manager
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

"Legacy Atera Review"

Comments: I've had an overall positive experience with Atera

Pros: I like the intuitive nature of it and how it is always evolving.

Cons: I would like atera to integrate with active directory. It would be extremely useful if end users could log into the portal with their same windows credentials.

David M.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Best RMM for the Price - No options left out"

Comments: Works great! Saves me a ton of time by automating a lot of my processes and allowing me to focus on the problem areas.

Pros: Very easy to install, immediate access to computers and can see all necessary information. The automated profiles is a game changer.

Cons: Have had issues when we took over from another IT company that was using Atera. Had to get a different uninstall script .bat file to remove their connection. (vs simple uninstall of Atera) It would be nice if that script were included in the Atera uninstaller.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Network Engineer
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"Chose this solution over alot of others"

Comments: Very good company to deal with! Fast response times as well as great customer support!

Pros: The fact that help desk tickets and monitoring were all in the same package as well as AV

Cons: It does not have Anti Virus reports built in directly with the portal.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2020
Andre H.
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2021

"Great value. The features and functions continue to grow and get better all the time."

Comments: Extremely happy. I have sent several feature requests. Support team responds very quickly even if I just have a quick question. Very clean interface. I don't like cluttered screens and this one has just enough info to not be overwhelming.

Pros: Deployment is very using using Group Policy and provided MSI. You can create a custom MSI for each client. Alerts are immediate. Remote access is extremely fast and reliable. Customized branding looks great!. Create your own Power Shell scripts and schedule or launch when needed. Saves a tonne of time. Monitor SNMP devices and Network devices. Glad I no longer have to host this my self. It's nice to have this service in the cloud.

Cons: Reports need improving. Very limited. I'd like the ability to cherry pick what I want in the report. Example: Computer Name, CPU, RAM, HDD or SSD, OS ver, Date Last Seen. Although I can export a report that contains this info, it also contains all other info that needs to be trimmed down in Excel. Reporting should be a quick process.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2021
Bhasker C.
IT Infra & Cloud Architect
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Cost effective product"

Comments: Better than our old RMM specially with cost and features that is offered.

Pros: First most thing I like is easy to access all the features without any complicated menus. Deploying the agent using command line options helps me to rollout for mass deployment. The splashtop is fast and easy to connect that also gives you the messaging option on the top instead of going through manage> chat. Connecting to remote is faster than the other RMM we used before. Their chat support is instant, i never had to wait for more than a min anytime i try to contact support

Cons: Lot of times the chat from the manage option will not work. I would like to have the feature of searching by custom field we create or to generate reports using custom field.

by Atera on 17/02/2021

Bhasker, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see you enjoying so many of our features! Custom fields can be used in a search from either the devices or the tickets view, and we have recently made it possible to display/export custom fields using the API, which has been a requested feature for a while. This should save you some time in optimizing your workflow and finding out what you need faster.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
Brian L.
Lead Tech
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2020

"Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution"

Comments: We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

Pros: Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

Cons: The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports via API (this is how Connectwise does it) so hopefully that will happen in the future. Also, Splashtop remote control that comes with Atera is just too slow to connect. It's actually pretty good once the connection is established, but there's a ~30 sec delay from the time you click on the button. That might not sound like much, it can feel like eternity when there is a customer on the phone. Plus it takes too long to find out when the connection doesn't work for some reason. We bit the bullet and paid for Screenconnect.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2020
Steven W.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs"

Comments: When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time!
Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Pros: Low cost of entry and low monthly cost
No cost for per agent
VERY easy setup
VERY easy to use

Cons: Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

by Atera on 17/04/2019

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Avi V.

"Ater is great"

Comments: Atera have improve they product a lot, and continue doing that on daily basis.

Pros: Stability, Atera just work great without any issues

Cons: Not sure if missing, but I would like more option for a payments and management for my employee like access to KB and creation

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Great Platform for MSPs"

Pros: Atera has been great and my company has been through most all of the big name PSA/RMM combos. It was easy to setup, easy to use on a daily basis, and they are continuing to add features it seems weekly. Lastly, the cost compared to the other guys is so low, I thought there had to be a catch...but there is no catch!

Cons: There are some automation options for ticketing and RMM that aren't available yet.

Tom K.

"Easy to Use"

Comments: We have asked for enhancements and another report for client SLA reporting. They have been good in walking us through setting up the self serve portal and an additional SLA report.

Pros: We came off of a much expensive RMM tool. Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons: Since the time we started with them they have expanded their integration to billing and added an app that we can use. You get what you pay for and we are getting a lot more value than we got with our previous tool.

Aaron L.
Managing Member
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Great Product!"

Pros: I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!

Cons: It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Piero O.
IT Manager
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2020

"A different view on licensing for MSPs"

Comments: Good

Pros: The licensing model and the possibility to submit needed features to the developers team.

Cons: lacks of some feature if compared to market leaders, but new features are implemented almost on a monthly basis

• Reviewed on 13/07/2020
Ryan L.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Go Atera!"

Comments: Organizing and managing different clients and computers has been great.

Pros: It was a breeze to setup. Tons of functionality to automate scripts, RDP to client computers, easy to organize client computers. The layout is super easy to learn. Basically what I love most about Atera is the easy-of-use of it all. It's very detailed, but simple at the same time.

Cons: I have used Atera for approximately 6 months and have found no cons with it so far.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Rob R.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2020

"Cost effective and rapid development of features"

Pros: Great company to work with. They actually care about their customers and their success. The flat per technician pricing is fantastic.

Cons: Product is still growing. However, they are furiously adding features and making it stronger every day.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2020
Richard M.
Strategic Initiatives Analyst
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Atera Has Support figured Out!"

Comments: My overall experience has been exceptional. I am a raving fan and recommend Atera frequently to colleagues in my peer group.

Pros: I have used several remote support and help desk applications over the years going all the way back to Tivia in the 1990's. Atera is easy to install, the remote access, reporting, and patch management superior and their customer support is hands down the best I have experience across any application. Atera is the first app I load in the morning and the last I shut down at night.

Cons: I wish some of the reports had more html functionality

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
David F.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"I'm living in Atera!"

Comments: I'm using Atera since 2011 and cannot imagine my life without this system.

Pros: We are a MSP that supports SMB market. For us, Atera is THAT enabling tool that drives our day to day operations - supporting our customers and allows us to be proactive.

Cons: Some really useful features are payed add-ons. Some of the, like Network Discovery are quite pricey.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Martin M.
Photography
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2015

"MSP Resources for the "Little" Guy"

Comments: With over 25 years providing individual and SMB hardware, software, training, Internet, support as a the "Virtual IT Guy", the evolution of off premises services and support places the traditional "Break | Fix" IT support role at risk. First came the ease of remote access to client computers reducing the number of times an onsite visit was required to kill a print job or configure an email account or any traditional on site services. The Enterprise computing environment has had resources for remote connectivity and support for many years. Such has not been the case for individuals and SMB. If one considers RMM | PSA | billing functionality, it has always been device oriented resulting in costs exceeding SMB ability and willingness to pay. The redeeming and game changing aspect of ATERA is the pricing model by user as opposed to device. It is now possible to become an MSP with serious MSP Tools. It is now possible to continue to service clients as an MSP. Where I have envisioned days being numbered with respect to supporting clients, Atera now makes it possible to go head on head with the more traditional MSP service providers and come out on top

Pros: The biggest plus is the User versus Device billing model. It is a small, customer orientated company that easily responds to email and inquiry. I believe, if they can do something to help, they will. They are also listening to ideas and suggestions to help with the continuing evolution of ATERA.

Cons: A small, new company with whom one must be willing to grow services as they become available. It places one in a position of wanting some services NOW that will have to come later as the company continues to evolve.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2015
Toby M.
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2016

"Undoubtably one of the easiest Cloud Based MSP solutions on the market."

Comments: We've swapped from SolarWinds N-Able and haven't looked back. There are some more advanced management features missing that some of other providers offer however in reality we rarely used them and when we did they were exceptionally complicated and usually it was just easier to remote into the machine and fix manually. Support from the Atera team has been great and there's been several updates to the system adding new features in three months we've been using it (specifically focusing on requests from the end users).

Pros: * Easy to install light weight Agent
* Quick Remote Support Tool
* Easy per Technician Pricing Structure with Unlimited Device Management
* Integrated Cloud Backup and Email Threat/Spam Protection
* Modern, Clean Cloud based User Interface and Dashboard
* Built-In Ticketing System integrates with supported Zapier apps for Accounting and Billing
* Ticketing System has time tracking built it.
* Audible Alerts on Device Failure
* Help Desk agent allows clients to submit tickets with key-combination (Screen shots are attached to the ticket)

Cons: * Lacks the advanced Remote Command Prompt other solutions provide.
* No Apple Mac Agent (Mac clients are monitored via SNMP)
* Mobile portal lacks some of the features of the full site.
* No Integrated AV (But has support to monitor third party AV)
* No Dedicated Mobile App (Though they focus heavily on their Mobile Portal)
* Would like more options to customization the branding

• Reviewed on 14/04/2016
Koen B.
manager
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2018

"atera is top"

Pros: It gives us a very good overview of our clients. We can manage from a distance and without overtaking screen the most of our customers.
Updates etc are done in a minute.
Top and for a good price... Value for money!

Cons: the colour is not my taste ;) No realy it is great.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2018
Karl R.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"KSRTECH Review"

Comments: Has been a good tool managing 100 desktops plus.

Pros: Ease of use and reasonable cost and responsive tech support

Cons: Getting the agents to communicate sometimes

by Atera on 17/04/2019

Thanks so much, Karl! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2019
Simbarashe M.
Managing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2016

"Atera maybe the Best"

Comments: What hits me the most about Atera is that it is almost for free, with their per technician billing you will never find a better pricing anywhere, for some of us who are still new in the industry and also want what the big boys have we can safely say we found our robin hood. It is a true God-sent for any serious IT personnel or company as it provides the key elements that should be there.
1. Accountability (ticketing system)
2. Remote monitoring giving us a proactive approach.
3. Remote assistance, the best way to meet SLA agreements
4. CRM we are all in it for the money and we need a way to track our clients and contracts.
5. Web based, allowing me to work from virtually anywhere in the world.
So for me it is a full package.
With every system there will always be bugs and glitches here and there but they do make up for it with an exceptional support team, you are never alone. I have noticed an average of 1 hour for someone to be working on any issue that may arise. The only downside i have noticed is the inability to completely customize the software to my individual needs myself but i can still communicate with the team to do it for me.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2016
Fred C.
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Excellent value and pricing model"

Comments: Serves clients very well - just wish Splashtop was improved :-(

Pros: Love the value and the features- the interface is clean and its very easy to navigate and deploy agents.

Cons: Remote access could use overhaul - not to happy with Splashtop as compared to other products i have used before (ScreenConnect / Teamviewer) very buggy and unreliable

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Ario P.
IT Technician
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"awesome APP."

Comments: Im supporting 300 users 20+ servers and so many other devices with this awesome software

Pros: -very easy to work with(it took just 2 days to get used to it)
- very reliable(I been using this application for a few months now and never had any issue with the software or its components).
- Very well designed, menus links, etc are very user-friendly and let the user(Pro support user) keep focused on his/her job instead of struggling with the ticketing system.

Cons: - I wish it had a reminder for tickets. example: add a reminder to a ticket you need to follow up in few hours.
- also, it was awesome if had app for IOS and Android.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Jorge P.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2017

"Good RMM, if you are new to MSP you need this."

Pros: I love the pricing model of Atera, which is per Tech (unlimited agents) it has all the features that you need to run your MSP business, really easy to use.

Cons: It lacks a third party patching system, but hopefully gets implemented as the time goes, everything else is great.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2017