15 years helping British businesses

About LearnWorlds

Create personalized, interactive, eLearning experiences with LearnWorlds; the powerful yet lightweight, intuitive white-labeled LMS.

Learn more about LearnWorlds

Pros:

They are extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. I researched over 100 LMS options when I began our school and I have never once regretted choosing Learnworlds.

Cons:

I was very passively sympathized with but given NO ANSWERS and NO HELP. Finally, this morning, I fixed the bug, and told customer service they could close that ticket.

LearnWorlds ratings

4.4
4.7
4.5
4.4

8.8/10

LearnWorlds has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 126 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LearnWorlds before?

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah
Director in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Best value for LMS for a small school

Comments: I have loved my experience so far with LearnWorlds so much that I decided to build another site with it for a membership site that has a meditation library that I was hosting on WordPress & that I was going to develop an app for. If you think outside of the box you can use LearnWorlds to deliver content not just for courses because it's so flexible this is what I love about it. You can scale it way up and have really high level courses and programs or you can scale it way down and have just a simple tool for content delivery.

Pros:

The things I love most about LearnWorlds are:1. The ability to import SCORM files and have them be part of the course delivery.2. The variety of assessments.3. The website templates.4. The ability to have all courses on a branded app.

Cons:

There is a little bit of a learning curve to get started. I switched from teachable and teachable does not have the functionality that LearnWorlds does and it also has a really simple start up process. LearnWorlds has more going on when you login and so you have to process more information to get started. Overall I still find it really simple and intuitive. It's not complicated it's just a lot more to process at first.

Alternatives Considered: Blackbaud eTapestry

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: I needed to switch because Teachable doubled the monthly fee after I had only been signed up for a month and I also learned about an increasing number of limitations in Teachable after I got started. So, I started searching for an alternative after that happened (on Capterra!) and this is when I found LearnWorlds.

Switched From: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Price. Learnworlds is MUCH more affordable than the major LMS softwares out there.

Rod
Director in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

The best I've found yet.

Comments: Overall I love working with Learnworlds. I appreciate the support team who are always responsive and helpful. I love LW commitment to improvement as well and also that they've happy for feedback. After almost a decade of developing educational resources online, they are absolutely the best I've encountered.

Pros:

We had been using a competitor LMS for some time and when we started the basic features such as video management, text docs etc. were fairly comparable. So the most appealing features initially was the ability to adapt the platform to our 'look', the community pages and the inbox features. I also grew to appreciate the Vimeo integration and now the improvements in the above and also the mass email function and wide range of tools and features are pretty compelling.

Cons:

We found the sales functions not suitable for our offers so couldn't use that and therefore lost other functions such as affiliate programs.

Alternatives Considered: Teachable , Kajabi and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: A big issue was the fact the Thinkific never allowed us to delete old programs so after 7 years the dashboard was a mess. Once we started shopping around though the additional features that LW had including in-platform community etc made it an easy choice. Then once we met with Antonis I really liked him and then the other team members we interacted with.

Switched From: LearnDash and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: They just couldn't compare to all the features of Learnworlds.

Kelly-Ann
Chief Visual Officer in Australia
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

They sepnd a lot of time getting your business then ignore the problems

Comments: They are really responsive in the first couple of months so you can invest your time and money setting up in their system. Then once you're invested they ignore you and spend their time trying to grow their business model with new clients. If you have a long term plan for online learning I'm not sure they're ready to cater to any other businesses than their own.

Pros:

It has a nice look, and is user friendly.

Cons:

The software has problems. Tabulation of reports and certificates are something I have been going back and forth with the development and customer service team about, they have been incorrect. They apologise for the problems, come back to me every 4 days when they can be bothered and just say we are super busy growing our business due to the surge in online application due to Covid. That doesn't solve my problems, nor does it justify my subscription. My problems are still outstanding and months, weeks later they are still looking into it. Very poor.

Brienne
Founder in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Basic, if you’re just getting started

Comments: It was recommended as a cheaper alternative and initially was easy to set up so would recommend for someone just getting started, and who has very basic elements to their course.

Pros:

Good trainings available, decent cost compared to some of the more well known platforms, straightforward set up, but as we got into the final stages of inputting all my content, it was clear that the user experience was not going to be what I wanted.

Cons:

The elements I had in my course could not be inputted or featured the way I wanted which would have impacted students’ content consumption and flow of the lessons

Alternatives Considered: Kajabi and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: I ended up switching to Kajabi and am much happier with the comprehensive elements, my course is set up the way I want and there is a Community option which I include.

Aleksandra
Board Member in Poland
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Best e-learning platform you can get. Ever.

Comments: What I love most, besides the simple fact that it is easy to operate, are the people behind the scenes - the outstanding Customer Support, the developers who react swiftly and accomodate for the strangest needs and trainers who walk us through new features on webinars. If you are looking for a really great platform this is your sign to look no further.

Pros:

I've never encountered such perfectly serving Customer Support. The platform is worth every penny. Versatile, easy to design, you simply have fun designing your courses. Plus the neverending new features introductions we are pampered with. Don't hesitate and go for it!

Cons:

Nothing. Seriously nothing. It's perfect.

Dot
Company Director in UK
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The product is doing exactly what we want it to

Comments: Very positive so far. I ran into one issue which was basically not a problem with the product - just a case of us working out which settings to apply to get things set up as we needed. The minute I reached out for help, the support team were on it, and get me sorted immediately, in such a friendly helpful way.

Pros:

Everything is very clear and obvious when setting up - although we were offered an onboarding session to help set up our school, we enjoyed taking time to wrap our heads around it all - and got things looking and working exactly as we want for our needs. The flow of communications to learners as they are assigned to the content works so well, and we find the onboarding process quick and efficient.

Cons:

It's not a massive problem - as we worked round it by cloning a course and making additional versions of it (which is SO easy) - but perhaps it would be good to be able to have multiple instructors to one course have specifically assigned learners and be able to receive notifications only when their assigned learners submit, rather than have to make multiple copies of the course.

E-Learning, Self Employed

Looking Forward to Many More Years

Pros:

The website design and SEO on LearnWorlds is great. My website ranks very high on Google, and I was able to customize so many different aspects, which is incredibly important when making an e-learning course. Their customer service is amazing and very helpful.

Cons:

Their web design and course creation can be a little daunting at the beginning making it not super beginner friendly, but still worth it in the long run.

Samuel
Samuel
Product Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Fantastic option to host online courses!

Pros:

I love how powerful, intuitive, and easy-to-use the LearnWorlds administrator interface is. I can do everything I need to manage my school with minimal effort. They are constantly adding new features that allow me to do more with my school. Their support and customer service teams are super helpful and responsive. My company gets incredible value from LearnWorlds at a low price.

Cons:

There are a few additional features I'd like to see. For instance, the ability to customize scheduled reports and more built-in third party integrations for my company's tech stack (Salesforce, Eloqua, Marketo). These are all incredibly minor compared to the vast array of great features LearnWorlds has already.

Alternatives Considered: Brainshark

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Lower cost, better experience for users and admins

Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Professional and growing platform with latest features and personal support

Pros:

All market standard features are available. Many templates and non-technical frontend, but also customizable to suit own demands. Support is really responsive and technically experienced. Platform performance is great. Easy to scale up business. New features are being released and become available to your school on a regular basis.

Cons:

Actually we always found a solution to our requirements, especially due to a dedicated success manager acting as a sparring partner when investigating new ideas.

Max
Investor in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

It’s pricey!

5.0 last month New

Comments: It’s a great online education platform for medium sized businesses. Not an affordable option for small businesses.

Pros:

Interface is neat, easy to navigate and appealing to eyes.

Cons:

It’s expensive! If you are on a tight budget and want to customize it for personal branding, it may not be an affordable option for you.

Karen
Owner in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The customer service and website creation tools are WOW!

Pros:

As I went through the learning curve with Learnworlds, I was able to look through their help area and found many articles and videos that helped me. When I couldn't figure something out, I could just create a ticket and they got back to me super fast (like in under an hour!). Sometimes, the functionality I wanted wasn't something that Learnworlds normally does, but they usually gave me some workarounds. I opened trail accounts at no less than a dozen companies, and this was the absolute best.

Cons:

I serve K-12 students, so I wish there were more functions that were targeted to my industry. For example, I really want my students to have multiple subscriptions, but they can't. I also wish a parent could log in and have their own portal where they can set up their children's accounts. As of now, each of my students (even if they're five) need their own account with a separate email. I am working around it, but it's not great.

Carol
Chief Operations Director in US
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Platform

Comments: While setting up was a little challenging, it seems easy for those registering to set up a profile and begin their courses.

Pros:

I like the many options to customize and design our site that meets our style and needs.

Cons:

As an administrator, I am notified immediately when someone registers for our courses and can follow their progress along the way.

Alternatives Considered: Teachable and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: We felt LearnWorlds would enable us to expand in options as we grow.

Demi
Marketing in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

User friendly and lots of functions and features!

Pros:

LearnWorlds is very user friendly and easy to learn. There are a lot of functions we can use and different ways we can customize our product to make it personable to our company brand. It's also great that they have interactive features that we can integrate into our e-learning courses. The software had the features and functions we were looking for in providing the e-learning course we wanted to provide to our clients. You can import your own videos, add subtitles, have interactive quizzes, and even provide automatic certification upon completion of the course! All the reports and analytics that are available to admins are also really helpful because it allows me to track user progress and lost certificates if needed.

Cons:

There are some features that I would have hoped to be even more customizable, but whenever I ask the Support team for assistance, they always do their best to give me an alternative option or a workaround which is always nice. I think it would be nice to have some customizable pop-up alerts in case there are anything we need to notify our users when they first enter our site. Minor things such as being able to edit the footer on some pages or customizing the contact form to have more fields would be a great addition!

LearnWorlds Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for this amazing review Demi! We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a 5-Star review. We always take into consideration our customers feedback and, wherever possible, implement it in our frequent updates. On the 23rd of March, we are launching the new Popup builder to engage your visitors with the most versatile popup builder on the market. Stay tuned! see more here: https://whatsnew.learnworlds.com/en

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Elearning by accident

Pros:

We had a customer that had us create all of their elearning for their company, so we had to get involved into this new area, and since we do media creation, they wanted us to coordinate the whole project. We tried many elearning apps and we finally recommended this one to our client for different reasons. It I should very easy to use, flexible and intuitive. The value/price equation is excellent. The app allows you to grow with it. It is very powerful and has many extras that most elearning platforms don't have, like the interactive videos app included with the subscription. The platform offers web hosting, very useful marketing tools, and email marketing tools or integrations. The support I should excellent and you get the impression they are on top of it. It is a great platform.

Cons:

They platform offers gamification but it is not completely developed so it is not very useful. However, they stated it is in progress of being improved.

Alternatives Considered: 360Learning , DOTS LMS and Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: More accessible, great features.

Switched From: Adobe Learning Manager

Dave
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product at a fair cost

Pros:

Easy to use, amazing customer service. Intuitive layout

Cons:

Would like more video editing features. Otherwise great

Alternatives Considered: Teachable , Mighty Networks and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: Price too high, declining customer service

Switched From: Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Price, ease, 30day trial

Vincent
Owner in Switzerland
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

My experience

Comments: Always helpful, responsive and accessible.

Pros:

Cool, user-friendly software, which develops continuously. A good mix between online marketing focus and organisational LMS. A client service team and spirit which rocks.

Cons:

We use SCORM files. The speed with which SCORM based e-learnrings are loaded and played is clearly way lower than on other LMS. This leads to waiting time for the users.

Sudharshana
Head of PeoplesHR Academy in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

The best Learning Platform

Comments: We could launch our learning academy within a short period because of the compatibility of this software. The templates provided are so useful & leas time consuming for courses creations.

Pros:

This platform is so user-friendly and have made the implantation super fast and easy from creating the site to publishing the courses.

Cons:

- Compliance management can be improved. We had instance where our private courses were sent to unregistered users with the registration links. - No backup or an undo option for the page creations.

Alternatives Considered: Thinkific

Director or Virtual Learning in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

ALl the tools we needed to create a booming business.

Comments: I met with the [sensitive content hidden] last night who regularly gives me kudos for 1) picking LearnWorlds 2) designing such a fabulous external website and 3) creating such easy to use and professional looking content. So, while I have felt very productive and effective I think she loves LearnWorlds the most because it has made our small company look like we are big-time players!

Pros:

The most notable feature of LearnWorlds has been the quick and effective customer support. Not being an experienced web or LMS designer I have been able to create an external website, payment portal, and online courses which offer graduate credit. The tools are relatively simple to use (of course there is a learning curve with any new tech product) and very effective. The support articles and videos are comprehensive and invaluable. On the occasion when I do get stuck a quick email elicits and effective response quickly. So, while I love the tech, the personal support is what make me feel like I am not alone.

Cons:

As I noted there is a learning curve to get started. But, they have templates (and even AI) to help with almost everything.

Jamie
Co-Founder/ Business Manager in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

My experience with LearnWorlds

Comments: I am creating the worlds first yoga virtual library for people living with a form of inflammatory arthritis, LearnWorlds has helped a tech novice make that happen. The customer support is fantastic and I get a response quickly and precisely.

Pros:

As someone who is not very tech savvy, I have managed to build both a website and online courses via LearnWorlds which I would have never thought possible on my own.

Cons:

Sometimes it is challenging to move things to the place and size desired as it is set up in a way that means there are standardised options for example text: small, large etc. instead of customisable. Although the customer service is very good, it would be good to have the option for a Zoom call once a month I know this is an option for higher tier but a one per month option would help me out tremendously as I learn more from human interactions!

Jacqueline Zaleski
Jacqueline Zaleski
Author & Instructor in Ecuador

Their initial proposal to switch hosts was the ultimate in a professional academic offer.

Comments: This software makes it possible to me to have an international school, to interact with a widely diverse platform of students without the "brick and mortar"overhead that continues to make education too expensive for many students. It also allows me the one-on-one contact with students who have very specific questions that I want to throughly answer, instead of sitting in a typical lecture hall with hundreds of others holding onto their unanswered questions.

Pros:

There's nothing wrong with making a fortune selling courses on using a hula hoop, but I've been professional field researcher outside the USA for nearly 13 years. I have five professional degrees in subjects that I am passionate about to my core. I want to attract self-directed students. All the other online hosts that I thoroughly researched or used focused on what I call "recreational learning." My courses are serious investigations to make a sizable income. LearnWorlds has so many professionals on staff that they understood that concept and are helping me to attract those who need CPD credits as an ESL teacher or a respectable career as an English Tutor in as little as a week."

Co Founder Learning4teams in Greece
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Learnworlds is a great platform for creators of elearning material such as learning4teams

Comments: I often work with LearnWorlds and find it easy to use and construct an eLearning platform with engaging content

Pros:

The product is a very user-friendly product. We love the fact that we can create interactive videos with questions, SCORMs, and subtitling. There are many more

Cons:

There are many gamification features. However, there are areas where this could improve

Jonas
Jonas
Songwriter/Producer in Lithuania

Experience after using learnWorlds for 7 month

Comments: I have used few others providers and wasn't satisfied until I found LearnWorlds. They have all the tools and easy to use interface to build your online school.

Pros:

It's easy to use and doesn't take to much time to learn all the core functions. I build my first online course in a few hours using they awesome design tools and page builder. Also I have to mention friendly and help full customer service. That's really important for me.

Cons:

Translating school pages to different language takes some time. They have prepared translated version in most popular ones, but in my case I had to spend few days on doing that. Still it's easy to understand how to do it.

Melisa
Owner in Puerto Rico

Best Platform for the Edupreneur

Comments: LearnWorlds has afforded me the opportunity to market my own courses at an affordable price, which helps me to beat my competitors pricing.

Pros:

LearnWorlds provides the best customer service in the industry.

Cons:

The inability to group clients my clients.

LearnWorlds Response

3 years ago

Melisa, thank you so much for your insightful review! Our support squad is always here for you to provide any assistance you may need along the way.

LearnWorlds: Platform for online teaching

Pros:

I did a lot of research before I decided to use LearnWorlds as my teaching platform. It is very excellent equipped with many useful feathers and helpful service. I got a lot of friendly support during my starting. Platform is designed to be easy to use and make it fast to found your school. Even I am not excel at IT and computer coding, I also be able to create my website within a couple of day. Thank LearnWorlds team.

Cons:

I live in Thailand and LearnWorlds working time is based on UK time, so our time are not synchronize. When I have question or any support, I have to email to LearnWorlds support center, and wait for until working time in UK start. That is only problem I can find using this platform. Different time zone may be frustrating when continuous communication is needed to solve some kind of problem. Beside from that, I think everything is well designed and nice.

Kristen
Instructor in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Host for Virtual Learning

Comments: This tool has been an excellent learning platform that has allowed us to take our on-campus classes into the world.

Pros:

This software works well with CurrikiStudio, which we use to design interactive learning activities for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This feature allows us to make accessible content on the outside and insert it into a beautifully formatted page.

Cons:

As with anything, it takes practice to learn to use this tool effectively. For example, understanding how to make fillable field certificates was tricky at first, and though I figured it out, the explanation was laborious.