Bookalet service is 5 star +

Heather D.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We hunted around for a company that we could use as a booking system for 17 narrow-boats. Using different start dates, a variety of payment options and flexible enough to cope with change of start day and multiple payments but the system had to be uncomplicated as one of the users was not very good with IT so it had to be easy to use. Ross came up to our base and spent time showing us the Bookalet system after meeting with 5 companies, we chose Bookalet now after 2 years of using their service. We can say their service has always been impeccable, they reply to emails swiftly or answer the phone when I have phoned and taken on board any suggestions that I have made when they next do an upgrade. They keep in touch regularly with emails and updates. We have been so impressed with their service when looking for a company to build a new company website we knew we could trust Ross and his team.

Pros: It is so easy to use, no only does it send an email to the office when there is a booking enquiry but also a text to my phone. So customers can have an immediate reply and confirmation of their holiday wherever I am in the world. Been a cloud system means if there is ever a problem with the computer I can login on another one and have contact customers even at home. The price of the system is very reasonable and the saving on postage alone goes a long way to cover the cost.

Cons: We've not found one yet after 2 years of service

First and only online booking system

Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Helen R.
Holiday Accommodation Director
Hospitality, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I think the system offers magic - so far I have took bookings early sunday morning and late saturday night, and when out with my family that I would have otherwise missed. The feedback from the guests is 100% positive and we are still able to take phone bookings for those unwilling to embrace online.
Great customer service!

Pros: This booking system is amazing... we have been running self catering accommodation for a number of years dealing with specialist guests and I have been wanting to introduce an online system for a number of years. The partner who managed the admin retired at Xmas and I was able to introduce Bookalet - it was easy to intergrate into the web site - a simple line of code - I was able to list multiple properties and with my chosen payment system, I have been thrilled to take online bookings, and the automate system saves a huge amount of paperwork, and worry about over booking. If I have had a query, I have send off an email and the customer service has been great with an instant reply almost.

Cons: The only con - is that I be able to specialise a little more information in the automatic process initially but I have come to realise that each guests needs are specific different and that a box would not necessarily work anyway! What I like least... is the fact my retired partner would not imbrace the concept!

Couldn't manage my business without Bookalet.

Reviewed on 05/09/2018
Diane R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Couldn't manage my business without Bookalet. Started using the system in 2014 as was growing the number of holiday homes and needed a professional management tool that worked for guests, clients and myself - this has been the answer.
When I've had queries and contacted Bookalet, the response has been helpful, quick, efficient and very professional.

Pros: Easy to integrate with my website, easy to use, can access anywhere.

Cons: None I can think of, Bookalet has been very responsive.

Great if you work the Bookalet way!

Reviewed on 17/09/2016
Alan S.
Designer
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As someone who rents my holiday cottage through an agency as well as having a specific website for direct bookings, I found Bookalet unable to smoothly combine the two. The software wasn't easy to get to grips with and I felt that it had been bought out before enough beta testing had happened. When using the software it felt like "it was Bookalet's way or nothing". In the end I gave up (six months in and with a year's subscription paid) and turned to a free embedded Google Spreadsheet and sending emails via Outlook...

Pros: Simple webpage integration.
Good support from Bookalet.

Cons: Too rigid in the way it works.
Inflexible if you try to combine it with other booking methods/agencies you may be using.
Not intuitive.
Unless you paid for the FULL version of the software, emails were in plain text and didn't include logos etc. Everyone wants to present a professional face with their business and I felt this restriction was petty and manipulative.

by Bookalet on 18/10/2016

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your comments and general feedback. I was a little surprised you felt the system difficult to get to grips with as the overwhelming feedback we get is that it's very simple and intuitive to use.

The bookalet service is based on our combined experiences of running a holiday lettings portal, our own holiday rentals and the bookalet system for the last 5 years.

We take all feedback seriously as we see this as the best way of moving the product forward. We also provide a 30 day free trial so potential customers can fully evaluate the product prior to subscribing.

We do appreciate the recognition that our customer service is good but would have preferred you to have made some of these points to us in more detail at the time.

We can only strive to improve our offering so thanks again for the feedback.

Great platform for landlords

Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Tanya C.
Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I absolutely love this product. It is easy to use and navigate and gives you as much or as little automation as you need or want. I am a very much part time landlord of a holiday rental property and I would be lost without this product. Their customer service is professional, efficient and prompt and no question is too silly for her. The only improvement they could make would be to develop an app. I would highly recommend Bookalet.

Pros: Easy to navigate
Lots of automated features
Everything clearly listed

Cons: Lack of app

Glad I chose Bookalet!

Ian S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I looked at a number of providers of booking software. What initially drew me to Bookalet was their willingness to help and offer advice. Since deciding to use them I have not regretted it. I am pleased to say that the support has continued to be first class, with responses to emails being very quick. Only had to call once but again that issue was dealt with quickly. The functionality of the Bookalet solution is really good, I like the Facebook integration so that users can click through to the booking page directly from Facebook. There are also a number of options when it comes to displaying the availability calendar on your own website. The website has a User Guide section that really has everything you need. I was new to all this and expected to need a lot of help, but working my way through the User Guides was all I needed in the end. Thoroughly recommended!

Pros: Easy to use and a lot of functionality

Excellent booking system

Reviewed on 18/10/2016
Grace P.
Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Bookalet was recommended to me by a webdesigner as the previous system I was using was incredibly archaic, not user friendly and the features were limited.
I tried the free trial of bookalet and signed up after this session as I found that it offered everything I need in order to manage my holiday lets.
The support team are great and are quick to respond to queries. The system is very user friendly with useful features and easy to use on a mobile phone. I can highly recommend this system.

Pros: Useful features, very user friendly, free trial available

Cons: Nothing I can think of

Great software and a real time saver

Colin T.
Customer Support

Comments: Until I discovered Bookalet, al, changes to my web site involved coding and uploading the new version to the server by FTP. So even small changes like a change in the nightly rate or a new booking to go on the availability calendar was a significant task. With Bookalet all that effort has gone - I just log on to the Bookalet site, make my amendments and click save. Job done. It's simple, it's quick and best of all, it looks really professional. And on the very rare occasion when I've had a problem I've been able to speak to someone on the 'phone and get it sorted really quickly.

Brilliant Booking Software

Reviewed on 21/01/2016
Kristin S.
Customer Support

Comments: The hosted booking system works very well. It is very easy to set up, looks professional and very easy to integrate into our web site. Key to us was ensuring we did not double book - with three barns that was always something I worried about - and with the credit card payment system we don't have to monitor payments online (payment status is colour coded so you get an update at a glance). I have been told by guests that they found it the most professional system they have used booking holiday cottages. The Bookalet team is also incredibly approachable and helpful.

Great software for holiday letting agency

Becky C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We started using Bookalet in 2013 when our holiday letting agency was starting out. Chose it for ease of use and great customer service, at an affordable price. Since then lots of new features have been introduced and it has grown with our own business, improving things year on year. Couldn't be happier with the service.

Pros: Ease of use, makes running our business on a day to day basis very simple

Cons: Nothing I can think of

Great product, great price, great service

Nick P.
Customer Support

Comments: Bookalet offers 3 versions and migration up from one to the other is easy. I started with Lite, which let me try the features and decide what was important to me. I moved up to Gold when I saw that it provided all the flexibility that I needed. Since starting with Bookalet I have been able to manage the bookings of my holiday villa with ease and had all my questions answered by impressive support from the team at Bookalet. I would highly recommend the product for anyone renting properties at home or abroad.

The software has transformed the organisation of our booking processes

Ian S.
Md
Customer Support

Comments: Easy to set up and get to grips with.
The workflow process is natural and well thought out.
Can't think of any cons.
We went live within a day in putting existing bookings and I spent the rest of the week integrating the various forms into my website.
This integration was what sold me on this solution, and here is the small and only negative, I can't remove the bookalet branding from the forms but it is minimal.

Just love Bookalet!

Reviewed on 25/01/2016
Louise B.
Customer Support

Comments: Having tried other systems for my holiday let cottages (and given up as the service was terrible) I found Bookalet - and have never regretted my choice. It is incredibly easy to set up and use - and if you ever have any queries, these are answered very helpfully by return. It may not be the biggest booking system - but it's the best one I have found. Highly recommend.

Perfect Solution with top customer service

Ashley C.
Graphic Designer and Web Developer
Customer Support

Comments: After scouring the net for an out of the box solution to booking forms, Bookalet was by far the best and provided the most customisation and flexibility. As a web developer this saved me tones of time and was easy to integrate with the Narrowboat hire website we were remaking. All questions and concerns were quickly answered and dealt with. Thanks!

I have found this software easy to integrate with our own website and to work efficiently and flexib

Reviewed on 27/01/2016
Adrian S.
Customer Support

Comments: The system works really well. Our designers found it staightforward to bolt onto our website. It looks professional to our guests who find it attractive to use. And it is easy for us to manage without taking up masses of time. I would be happy to recommend.