Filter by:

• Overall

About Prezly

Turn your hard-won contacts into your biggest fans with stunning multimedia newsrooms and tailored campaigns. Prezly – it's your story.

Learn more about Prezly

Brian M.
Brian M.
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Best software out there!"

Comments: I only wish I had discovered it sooner!

Pros: So easy to use. After 20+ years using ACT!, making this change was the best decision I ever made!

Cons: There are no con's to using Prezly... Not one.

Jane C.
Jane C.
President and Chief Brand Storyteller
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2021

"A Great Alternative To Email Blast Systems"

Comments: The team is supportive and helpful and customer service is top notch.

Pros: I had been sending out press releases for years using Constant Contact and iContact but was introduced to Prezly by a business associate. I think it is a great option to manage all PR contacts on multiple lists, tag them by media type or client, set up newsrooms, add in photography and blast out. You can also track who is opening your releases and pitches.

Cons: Some of the features don’t really work like seeing who is clicking through to a client website or who has opened pitches but I am sure they are working on that.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2021
Déborah D.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2015

"Prezly is the easiest solution to manage press and bloggers data"

Comments: For now on, I'm only using Prezly as a database (not as a way to send press releases). Why is it so?
Because I still miss some functionalities to be able to do so.
We're working as a team on different client, and sometimes, I'd like my colleagues to have a look at the list of journalists/bloggers I selected. With Prezly, it is not possible to save a list, make comments and tracked adaptations.
I also miss a place to put the unique visitors/month for a blog (not ideal to use the comments sections).
Anyway, Prezly is really easy to use! Everything is logical and well designed.

by Prezly on 19/08/2015

Thank you for the feedback Déborah.

Excellent suggestion for the lists. This is in the pipeline.
Soon you'll also be able to see extra info for the outlet domains.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2015
Ryan A.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Prezly earns you more media (closes more deals) and keeps your clients happy."

Comments: Prezly makes it easy to pitch EVERY DAY. The service is second-to-none and vastly better than the previous product we switched from.

Pros: Prezly is a CRM sales tool for media outreach - I earn more media / close more deals. It is intuitive, the user experience is thought through very well, the campaign reporting function saves me time by showing me which media has engaged with my pitches so I don't waste time following up on the media who haven't, and functions well on mobile devices.

Cons: My team has not encountered any problems in our 2+ years using Prezly. I would like to see Prezly develop a coverage recap tool.

David S.
VP
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Prezly makes my business function"

Comments: Since we signed up for Prezly, I’ve spent time giving feedback to their product development team and they’ve been great at implementing features, squashing bugs, and making improvements.

Pros: My company provides media relationship services to several clients, including a large electronics manufacturer. We use Prezly all day, every day. We track coverage, send out press releases (with galleries and embedded videos and downloads), we make pitches, we track addresses and changes to staffing in the media. We would not be able to function as well without Prezly—we’d have to cobble together several other services to get most of the features.

Cons: We’d like to see them add a coverage tracking reporting system, but know they’re working on it as part of their long term goals.

Steve B.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Essential Tool for PR Professionals"

Comments: Positive. We couldn't do our work without it.

Pros: The ability to create a customized newsroom with all of your stories in it is a very useful tool for engaging with media, and the ability to customize your database and utilize for campaigns has become part of our everyday processes.

Cons: Additional customization in the story templates would be appreciated so that we could add more content types (i.e. imbedded streaming music, etc.)

Mark D.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Seamless / Easy to use / A time saver / Well thought out"

Pros: I like that I can add all or most of our digital assets to the Story as I create it and that I can continually update it as our productions run.

Cons: There's just two things to note. One change I would make. The ability to design the emails that are sent out as stories. Depending on the release sometimes it's more important to highlight different assets within the Story. Two - Not-for-profit pricing. I know other not-for-profits who have looked at using Prezly but it was too pricey. I was under the understanding that when we signed up there was going to be a not-for-profit rate but I believe we are paying full price.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2017
Anja D.
Anja D.
PR Strategist
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Peachy Prezly!"

Comments: With the newsroom I can now offer a platform for posting news to clients and for consulting/downloading to journalists. Managing media lists across multiple clients and distribution of news in a personalised way goes much faster and looks more professional. I especially appreciate the Prezly team's support and engagement in the PR industry, they really understand the dynamics and are fun to work with!

Pros: What I like most is that Prezly is very user-friendly and intuitive. Also the team is very supportive and open to improvements. Posting on newsroom and distribution is easy, the new log function for online and scanned coverage completes the circle of the PR process. Also the newsroom can be tied into the customer's website, which is a great feature as many companies are lacking this.

Cons: The database imports take some time, especially if you want to do this in a structured way. But once the addresses in their it works peachy!

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Josh S.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2016

"Prezly Review"

Comments: Prezly provides everything a PR professional requires from a media campaign distribution standpoint. They have done their research and have identified every tool necessary to promote your brand. The way organizations conduct PR today is so different than what it was even just a few years ago - Prezly is constantly developing features and ideas to reflect that change in the industry. Most importantly, Prezly has one of the best customer services out there as they are quick and genuinely care. I work in North America and there has never been an issue with this Belgium-based company.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2016
Gerzayn G.
PR & Communications Leader
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Very powerful and useful tool for your media relations and external comms"

Comments: I previously used Prezly when I worked at a Comms agency and it let us keep organized a +9k contacts collaborative database. Currently, I'm using it from an inhouse PR & Comms team, and we have been able to connect it with other tools of the digital marketing team in order to contribute to our digital acquisition strategy.

Pros: It's very easy to use, and lets you keep organized and updated your media database as it's on the cloud. Also, it allows connecting to your website and passes SEO value, by personalizing your newsroom link to your domain.

Cons: The monthly fee is a bit high, and since the newsroom is based on a template (very easy to fill out), not much customization is possible.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Benoît C.
Benoît C.
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2016
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2016
Micha P.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2016

"Making your life easier"

Comments: Prezly has made life a lot easier for me. And more fun! All the tools you need to create and monitor a good press campaign is now centralized in one program. No more working with different excell sheets, mail chimp lists, word documents etc. Everything is really user-friendly and the mailing reports are very helpful. Easy, simple, fun, beautiful.

Pros: Everything above

Cons: Maybe it would be even better to have some more options to personalize your page.

by Prezly on 21/06/2016

Thank you for your review Micha.

There are extra options to personalize your newsroom. You can create a custom css skins to completely change the look and feel.

Enterprise clients can also get custom newsroom layouts that tie in seamlessly with their own website.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2016
Angela M.
Media Liaison Corodinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2021

"Prezly lightens my load"

Comments: We are saving time by using Prezly, we are distributing huge files without worries of them bouncing back and we are easily targeting the right audience by using Prezly.
We have used Prezly for more more than 3 years now and we are happy with the service as well as the support from the team.

Pros: I use various features on Prezly but of these, the most impactful ones are the media tags, email campaigns and emailer open rate reports. Gone are the days when I would have to pitch to each and every journalist on my contact list via email. Prezly has lightened my load by creating tags that I use to send timely, relevant content to very specific journalists interested in a particular subject rather than spraying and praying the content will be used. Prezly has also helped to send bigger multimedia files at once including videos, audio, photographs, press releases, or graphics without worrying about the size of the file. You cannot do this with emails, hence Prezly has come in handy. To add a cherry on top, Prezly gives reports on how an email campaign was received by the recipients. This helps me follow up with journalists who will have opened the campaign with much confidence and ask if they will publish the content or if they are interested in getting more information or doing interviews.

Cons: I have not personally worked with segments much, so it's one area I would love to try out at some stage. I have also often asked if there is a way Prezly can have an all-in-one package where they also offer media monitoring for the emailers we send out in terms of the actual coverage from media outlets. The reason is that it becomes costly for us to then source out the media monitoring service to another company, but if Prezly can have this service as well that would be appreciated.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2021
Keith T.
Senior Lecturer
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Great platform for PR trainees, students and seasoned professionals alike."

Pros: We were searching for a platform we could work with in order to teach our students how to write press releases in the social media ages. Such was the largely negative response that we received from Prezly's competitors that I funded my own simple app. Then Prezly came along and they recognised that our students could well be customers of the future. Prezly is intuitive, comfortable to use and extremely powerful as a one stop PR shop. Support is excellent. Even when we had a glitch on billing, they restored access at the weekend immediately upon the ticket being raised. I have no hesitation in recommending Prezly to any forward thinking PR agency or indeed trainer like myself.

Cons: At first I felt that the contact building element was not quite as strong as the competition, but then again Prezly is GDPR friendly and it is a case of building your own contacts. Otherwise spamming hundreds of contacts is simply unethical and doesn't work as a tactic anyway. Possibly it could be improved with a press release template wizard and maybe the equivalent for feature/blog writing. What is for sure that the team listens and acts. So I am sure these features will come on board eventually if enough of us request them.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
James M.
Brand Marketing Executive
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2016

"Versatile software for modern approach to PR and Link Building"

Comments: We stumbled across Prezly when searching for a way to execute SEO link building with a PR-style broadcasting model. We needed something that could deal with powerful multimedia, management of contacts and a personal touch. Prezly was everything we needed.

Pros: Prezly is a fantastic bit of kit that takes out all the pains of managing a traditional PR operation. Dealing with hi res images, links, videos, assets and copy has never been so easy, both for the PR team and the influencers on the receiving end of the release. The CRM functionality also means that keeping track of relationships is swift and effective.

Cons: There's not much I dislike. Prezly is still feels like a start up so may not have all the functionality of other PR systems like Cision or Bullhorn but it's also 1/10th of the cost. Not just that but the Prezly team are very receptive to feedback and we've had great responses to our development suggestions.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2016
Richard C.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"Prezly is everything you need for your PR business"

Comments: Prezly has made it super-easy to manage our PR database and to send press releases in a targeted way.

Pros: I love how Prezly has been created by people who really understand the needs of PR professionals. It's features and functionality are just right for our business.

Cons: There are no major negative issues with Prezly, in my opinion. It's really easy to use.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Linda Y.
Account Director
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees

"We love using Prezly!"

Comments: Updated media lists that we all have access to - it's the bread and butter of our industry in PR.

Pros: I love that we're able to build, and maintain, a database of journalists and publications that everyone on the team has access to - that we're also able to update in real time with the ever-changing media landscape.

Cons: I don't really dislike anything about this software to be honest!

Rumyana T.
PR Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"An easy tool for PR professionals"

Pros: I like the most that I can easily organize my campaigns and use the data from the reports to track how our content is being perceived by the recipients. We use Prezly to distribute press release all the time and we find it a very time saving instrument.

Cons: I would like to have more option in creating the content - more editing tools and features.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.
Marketing Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Great solution for PR"

Comments: Very pleased with the service. I cannot envision us moving to anything else, anytime soon.

Pros: The feature list ticked most, if not all, our requirements. The lower price point compared to other systems made Prezly even more attractive.

Cons: I honestly cannot think of anything. I'm very happy with Prezly.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Joachim N.
Spokesperson
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2017

"Love it!"

Pros: It does exactly what I need to send press releases. Features are plenty, support is very good, feedback on releases is awesome.

Cons: Contact management (tags, for example) could be faster in a few ways. So far I've only encountered serious downtime once, let's hope it stays that way.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2017
Alexandra C.
Marketing assistent
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2015

"User friendly PR tool"

Comments: I've been working with Prezly for over a year now and it's a very user friendly tool, easy to explain to new colleagues or interns. For my team it's helpful to have our contacts stored in one list that all of us can rely on. I especially like the mailing reports to see which journalists are interested and to learn how successfull the pitch is . You can simply add images, video content and links to the online press release. Although for our products (books), we'd like to see the clean and basic layout somewhat more personalised.

by Prezly on 05/08/2015

Bedankt Alexandra!

• Reviewed on 30/07/2015
Francesca G.
Senior account
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2015

"Amazing"

Comments: The easiest way to communicate as a press office, finally we can monitorize which journalists read or not our releases. Moreover the customer care is fast and always available!
It's great!

• Reviewed on 29/06/2015
Rawad B.
Communications Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2020

"Prezly"

Comments: We are a small non-profit organization that needed to create and maintain communication with different audiences: funders, donors, team, community, media, other institutions, etc. Prezly gave us the opportunity to communicate with all of these audiences using a simple and smart interface.

Pros: The software is in constant update and upgrade, this is important. Ease of creating content. Possibility to create newsrooms in different languages. Mailbox integration. Contact enrichment.

Cons: Not being able to customize the captions of images. Not being able to create columns easily without going back to a developer. Not being able to create permissions for newsrooms (newsrooms accessed through a password only).

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Prezly: Customer service, flexibility in plans, a simple interface, multiple newsrooms.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2020
Nissanka S.
Nissanka S.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Prezly knows what PR is"

Comments: the current features are fairly effective for successful PR campaigns and the cost is fairly
reasonable. The backing of support team too is satisfactory.

Pros: the contacts building feature of Prezly is fairly modern and effective for a PR platform. Plezly have
understood the importance of this feature (after all communications are with and for people who are
our potential customers) and have given a lot of weight on building a profitable client base. Building
relationships with the right contacts eventually leads to broadening the client base through references
by existing contacts. Its good that Prezly have identified the importance of this fact. The media
management feature too is creatively incorporated to publish and share effective and attractive press
releases. Ability to create personalized multimedia pitches and campaigns, news rooms etc. are all
features what are expected of a PR platform and Prezly have professionally incorporated them in order
to conduct awareness campaigns among our prospective clientele thereby maximize our sales revenue.

Cons: doesn’t see any feature that we dislike, however in time with the help of customer suggestions
many additional features will evolve for the benefit of the users.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Michelle C.
Account Coordinator

"Prezly Review"

Comments: Prezly has made keeping track of our contacts and sending emails with lots of images much more organized. It's great to have a hub for everything.

Pros: Prezly has made storing contacts and sending out emails with many images a breeze. The new updates to the user-experience are fantastic.

Cons: At the moment, when creating a new Prezly story, the old story editor is the default option, forcing out to choose the new story editor afterwards - despite the 'new' story editor being out for months. I think the new editor should be the default option when starting a new story.