• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.9 /5

About Prezly

a CRM for PR professionals. Manage contacts, publish newsrooms, pitch journalists and follow-up. All from one straightforward platform.

Learn more about Prezly

Brian M.
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Best software out there!"

Comments: I only wish I had discovered it sooner!

Pros: So easy to use. After 20+ years using ACT!, making this change was the best decision I ever made!

Cons: There are no con's to using Prezly... Not one.

Déborah D.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2015

"Prezly is the easiest solution to manage press and bloggers data"

Comments: For now on, I'm only using Prezly as a database (not as a way to send press releases). Why is it so?
Because I still miss some functionalities to be able to do so.
We're working as a team on different client, and sometimes, I'd like my colleagues to have a look at the list of journalists/bloggers I selected. With Prezly, it is not possible to save a list, make comments and tracked adaptations.
I also miss a place to put the unique visitors/month for a blog (not ideal to use the comments sections).
Anyway, Prezly is really easy to use! Everything is logical and well designed.

by Prezly on 19/08/2015

Thank you for the feedback Déborah.

Excellent suggestion for the lists. This is in the pipeline.
Soon you'll also be able to see extra info for the outlet domains.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2015
David S.
VP
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Prezly makes my business function"

Comments: Since we signed up for Prezly, I’ve spent time giving feedback to their product development team and they’ve been great at implementing features, squashing bugs, and making improvements.

Pros: My company provides media relationship services to several clients, including a large electronics manufacturer. We use Prezly all day, every day. We track coverage, send out press releases (with galleries and embedded videos and downloads), we make pitches, we track addresses and changes to staffing in the media. We would not be able to function as well without Prezly—we’d have to cobble together several other services to get most of the features.

Cons: We’d like to see them add a coverage tracking reporting system, but know they’re working on it as part of their long term goals.

Angela M.
Media Liaison Co-ordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Prezly makes my work enjoyable"

Comments: Prezly is the ebst as we are able to share content timely, easily and with a large group of people. Some platforms are difficult as we are suppose dto share with a very limited number of people. Also with Prezly we can share quite a lot of multimedia content which is great i.e. videos, photos, Gifs etc without hussles.

Pros: I like the press release dissemination function as Im able to track who ahs seen our content, how many times for example and we can follow up with a telephone pitch more easily. It is easy to use and the Prezly team is at hand to help all the time.

Cons: I would be glad to have an all in one platform to enable media monitoring of the packages we would have sent, automatic updates of our contacts as it is time consuming to manually update contacts in the database. .

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Steve B.
Account Manager
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Essential Tool for PR Professionals"

Comments: Positive. We couldn't do our work without it.

Pros: The ability to create a customized newsroom with all of your stories in it is a very useful tool for engaging with media, and the ability to customize your database and utilize for campaigns has become part of our everyday processes.

Cons: Additional customization in the story templates would be appreciated so that we could add more content types (i.e. imbedded streaming music, etc.)

Ryan A.
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Prezly earns you more media (closes more deals) and keeps your clients happy."

Comments: Prezly makes it easy to pitch EVERY DAY. The service is second-to-none and vastly better than the previous product we switched from.

Pros: Prezly is a CRM sales tool for media outreach - I earn more media / close more deals. It is intuitive, the user experience is thought through very well, the campaign reporting function saves me time by showing me which media has engaged with my pitches so I don't waste time following up on the media who haven't, and functions well on mobile devices.

Cons: My team has not encountered any problems in our 2+ years using Prezly. I would like to see Prezly develop a coverage recap tool.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Mark D.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Seamless / Easy to use / A time saver / Well thought out"

Pros: I like that I can add all or most of our digital assets to the Story as I create it and that I can continually update it as our productions run.

Cons: There's just two things to note. One change I would make. The ability to design the emails that are sent out as stories. Depending on the release sometimes it's more important to highlight different assets within the Story. Two - Not-for-profit pricing. I know other not-for-profits who have looked at using Prezly but it was too pricey. I was under the understanding that when we signed up there was going to be a not-for-profit rate but I believe we are paying full price.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2017
Anja D.
PR Strategist
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Peachy Prezly!"

Comments: With the newsroom I can now offer a platform for posting news to clients and for consulting/downloading to journalists. Managing media lists across multiple clients and distribution of news in a personalised way goes much faster and looks more professional. I especially appreciate the Prezly team's support and engagement in the PR industry, they really understand the dynamics and are fun to work with!

Pros: What I like most is that Prezly is very user-friendly and intuitive. Also the team is very supportive and open to improvements. Posting on newsroom and distribution is easy, the new log function for online and scanned coverage completes the circle of the PR process. Also the newsroom can be tied into the customer's website, which is a great feature as many companies are lacking this.

Cons: The database imports take some time, especially if you want to do this in a structured way. But once the addresses in their it works peachy!

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Josh S.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2016

"Prezly Review"

Comments: Prezly provides everything a PR professional requires from a media campaign distribution standpoint. They have done their research and have identified every tool necessary to promote your brand. The way organizations conduct PR today is so different than what it was even just a few years ago - Prezly is constantly developing features and ideas to reflect that change in the industry. Most importantly, Prezly has one of the best customer services out there as they are quick and genuinely care. I work in North America and there has never been an issue with this Belgium-based company.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2016
Gerzayn G.
PR & Communications Leader
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Very powerful and useful tool for your media relations and external comms"

Comments: I previously used Prezly when I worked at a Comms agency and it let us keep organized a +9k contacts collaborative database. Currently, I'm using it from an inhouse PR & Comms team, and we have been able to connect it with other tools of the digital marketing team in order to contribute to our digital acquisition strategy.

Pros: It's very easy to use, and lets you keep organized and updated your media database as it's on the cloud. Also, it allows connecting to your website and passes SEO value, by personalizing your newsroom link to your domain.

Cons: The monthly fee is a bit high, and since the newsroom is based on a template (very easy to fill out), not much customization is possible.

Benoît C.
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2016
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2016
Micha P.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2016

"Making your life easier"

Comments: Prezly has made life a lot easier for me. And more fun! All the tools you need to create and monitor a good press campaign is now centralized in one program. No more working with different excell sheets, mail chimp lists, word documents etc. Everything is really user-friendly and the mailing reports are very helpful. Easy, simple, fun, beautiful.

Pros: Everything above

Cons: Maybe it would be even better to have some more options to personalize your page.

by Prezly on 21/06/2016

Thank you for your review Micha.

There are extra options to personalize your newsroom. You can create a custom css skins to completely change the look and feel.

Enterprise clients can also get custom newsroom layouts that tie in seamlessly with their own website.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2016
Bie L.
Communications Manager Design
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"User-friendly system that makes keeping in touch easy peasy"

Pros: Prezly is a very user-friendly system. Uploading lists that you have made over the years, making attractive press files, selecting and contacting journalists, the system does it all. It's quick, it's updated regurlarly, the help desk is swift and friendly if ever you need them.

Cons: In the beginning (4 years ago), there were items that didn't feel very fluent. The help desk helped sort this out, and prezly changed those items over the years. I'm happy with this software.

Tine D.
Communication officer
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2015

"Attractive and easy to use"

Comments: My colleagues and I started working with Prezly a year ago and we are very pleased with it. Prezly is very easy to use and enables us to create attractive press releases in no time. Even colleagues who are not very tech-savvy quickly learned how to use it and really enjoy working with it. We especially like the clean and easy integration of visuals and video. As a big media company visuals are a major asset to our communication. Another important asset is the possibility to see the mailing reports: who opened our press releases? Who clicked on the releases? We can instantly see how successful or interesting a pitch is.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2015
Miguel M.
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2015

"It's not CRM, it's PRM (Press Release Management)!"

Comments: Prezly handle press releases beautifully with a wonderful layout and editing options. They're published under a professional template and makes them easily sharable for viewers. More than that, you can distribute these press releases to your press contacts in a beautiful manner as in-line attachments. This is what I call PRM, which open status, easy replies, and excellent contact management.

Thomas V.
Communication & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2015

"A usefull and easy to use program"

Comments: Prezly has made PR life a lot easier for us. All the information you need is now centralized in one program, instead of scattered across various excel sheets, word documents etc. Sending campaigns is a simple task, and with Prezly it's easy to document the different campaigs you've send before. In short, a recommendable program.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2015
Earnest H.

"The Best PR Tool"

Comments: I have used Prezly for a while now and absolutely love it. I have had numerous people comment on how professional our pr is and our releases thanks to Prezly. It has increased our company's brand image a thousand-fold. Wouldn't use anything else.

by Prezly on 07/08/2015

Thanks for your kind words Earnest.

Bruno A.
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2017

"Prezly app"

Comments: Easy to use, it saves a lot of time for you. It is a little bit slow when you try to add a lot of photos.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2017
Lydia P.
PR lead
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

"Good starter software"

Comments: Good solution that has all the must-have functions that a PR database needs. Would be great if you could also search for journalists

Pros: easy to use! you can synchronise it with your email account. Nice to have an overview of opening rates and reply rate. Easy to import and export excel sheets with journalist details, easy option to filter and create segments

Cons: Attachments don't look great in emails, it is difficult to insert smaller pictures or logo of company. Also, the analysis ans monitoring of campaigns could be better and illustrated visually

Wim L.
Senior Consultant
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Prezly - an essential feature for media database management"

Comments: - long-term experience with the software (over 5 years)
- happy to see a Belgian startup grow up to an international platform
- very user-friendly interface - it's almost self-explicatory
- very responsive client service team - you can easily reach out via chat and they really react fast
- constant developments and improvements make Prezly's added value increase with each new release

Pros: - great overview of data per contact, easy to update with new info
- in general a very user-friendly interface
- very responsive client service team

Cons: - lack of personalisation options when sending stories out, however this improved a lot with the new story editor
- when merging two contacts, it's not always clear which info will be kept

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Ben V.
Digital Creative
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Perfect for our needs"

Pros: • Insights in open rate and click rate
• Very easy to create a press reslease with all sort of integrations like YouTube video's and sociale media posts.
• They keep adding new features with frequent updates
• They respond very fast if you encouter a problem

Cons: • importing contacts can be complicated, but they are fixing that
• In the beginning the software can be overwhelming (but they offer live demo's)

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020
Gianni D.
Spokesman
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2017

"Great tool which allows me to deliver my messages more effectively!"

Pros: For me, Prezly is the perfect public relations tool that helps me escape media list Excel hell. I could enrich my contacts and communicate with them on a more efficient way.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2017
Graeme S.
Head of brand & digital
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2015

"Excellent online tool for any PR professional"

Comments: We have changed the way we issue and pitch press releases since we started using Prezly. The tool is easy to use, it helps connect up social profiles for your contacts and gives you quick and easy access to view campaign results. To top it off, the support from the team behind Prezly has been nothing short of superb. Any questions are normally answered within minutes using the online chat. Highly recommended to anyone looking to make the jump into the digital PR world.

Jessica S.
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2017

"Expanding PR opportunities"

Comments: Quick to set up and easy to use, Prezly is the tool PR pros need to convert their traditional press releases into advanced multimedia news releases. Video content, downloadable image galleries, and social media sharing are vital to effectively engage with our target public nowadays. The email campaign reports and analysis provided by Prezly's platform further help to successfully manage media relations.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2017
Keith T.
Senior Lecturer
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Great platform for PR trainees, students and seasoned professionals alike."

Pros: We were searching for a platform we could work with in order to teach our students how to write press releases in the social media ages. Such was the largely negative response that we received from Prezly's competitors that I funded my own simple app. Then Prezly came along and they recognised that our students could well be customers of the future. Prezly is intuitive, comfortable to use and extremely powerful as a one stop PR shop. Support is excellent. Even when we had a glitch on billing, they restored access at the weekend immediately upon the ticket being raised. I have no hesitation in recommending Prezly to any forward thinking PR agency or indeed trainer like myself.

Cons: At first I felt that the contact building element was not quite as strong as the competition, but then again Prezly is GDPR friendly and it is a case of building your own contacts. Otherwise spamming hundreds of contacts is simply unethical and doesn't work as a tactic anyway. Possibly it could be improved with a press release template wizard and maybe the equivalent for feature/blog writing. What is for sure that the team listens and acts. So I am sure these features will come on board eventually if enough of us request them.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018