QuickBooks Commerce Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5

About QuickBooks Commerce

QuickBooks Commerce enables you to manage inventory and orders for your wholesale or multichannel business and keep track of products.

Learn more about QuickBooks Commerce

Kristof V.
co worker
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2017

"Basic plan"

Comments: - Add additional languages: dutch / french / german
- Make own translations / rename possible (example: products and variants being able to change/rename or translate to own choice)
- Tradegecko support: receive an email confirmation when opening a new ticket or replying in a ticket. Only replies by tradegecko are email notified. I, for example, open the same ticket 3 times in a row as it disappeared after a couple of minutes with any feedback = it appears that the support team moved the ticket for further investigation and there for it was disappearing in my account (MY ACTIVITIES)

Pros: Fast and reliable website / webportal = cloud based
Ipad app
Intelligence functions
Magento connection
Had a problem with the Magento stock status, took a while to explain, understand and proceed but an adjustment by the tech team saved us = so big ups for standing open for malfunctions/adjustments!

Cons: - Limited magento connection: not fully supported (tax class / discounts / excl tax price / visibility setting / categories)
- 3PL Exporter: sales invoices = 5 templates available but not 1 of them contains all data. For European law we need to extract a monthly overview of all the invoices included company name/company number / total price/tax price / tax class. In order te get this data I need to export basic and quickbooks template and then mix 2 complex CSV files... Would be an improvement to provide an template that contains all data of provide custom template on request.
- branding & identity: limited invoice text = Terms and Conditions?
- branding & identity: there is no preview function to see the different Document Specific Settings when making an adjustment
- inventory products: import new products = not able to include the re-order points (CSV) = manually editing afterwards
- inventory products: update existing products = not able to change the re-order points in bulk (CSV)
- inventory products: bulk actions = there is no publish to magento feature (publish to underlaying variants)
- inventory variants: there are no selection boxes at the left (like with the products) = not possible to bulk edit variants / publish to magento / publish to B2B
- B2B eCommerce Platform not available for the basic plan, why does it show up in the menu left and in the product edit/bulk edit screens?

• Reviewed on 06/06/2017
Principal
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2019

"Tradegecko is great software and always getting better"

Comments: Overall it solves most of the business issues and overall we're happy with the product and with Tradegecko

Pros: Ease of use, integrations, API, user interface, company responsiveness to build features if I made a solid case for lacking functionality, customization of documents, Tradegecko connect workflow builder, aesthetic, simplicity, etc.

Cons: Some of the (new) reporting functions, lack of features like credit limits, no dropdowns in custom fields, Tradegecko connect is stagnant and no new workflow options being added we need more triggers and flow options) , inability to add custom attributes by category, lack of flexibility in creating packsizes (it's only possible to enter a single unit and create a packsize my multiplying it but it's impossible to add a case and break it up to units (wholesalers typically buy and sell by the case and occasionally break up cases), the way packsizes appear in reports ('case' vs the SKU #), the lack of synchronization between POs and items (it requires a item to be MANUALLY linked linked to a PO) and if PO is not linked to a backordered item, any backordered sales order will not be AUTOMATICALLY linked to a PO (a list of possible POs appear even for FULLFILLED items!), limited filtering on options in the inventory area it would be nice to have options like 'does not have this tag' etc), see history for product bundles (formerly composite variants) and not only the history for the actual bundled variant SKU, one has to click on fulfill orders to see still unfulfilled items on a sales order and can't see it on the sales order, it's impossible to see the associated orders that are committed, ordered but not fulfilled and shipped on a variant or product page (it doesn't show up on the history tab and it's not linkable from the committed information in the stock info area)

by TradeGecko on 13/02/2020

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we would be happy to reach out if we knew who to contact! We have made considerable updates to our reporting functionality, and we work to incorporate customer feedback. Team TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 18/08/2019
Sterling B.
Head of Product Development/ Marketing/ Sales
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2015

"Outstanding Customer Service and the Most Versatile Supply Chain Management Solution I've Found"

Comments: Trade Gecko has been a dream for my small business, and starting early has allowed us to track growth as we venture into national sales. I can't wait to look back over our records and watch how much we've grown in a few years. TG has offered us above-standard integration of inventory management as well as our costs of purchase orders, which factor into profit reports per item over time as a "Moving Average Cost" (MAC). As a manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer, we have been able to use this and the "Buy Price" per Purchase Order to track our cost of goods (basically, we calculate that externally and mark it in the Buy Price of an item in a fresh Purchase Order - the MAC is adjusted over time to reflect profit margins as cost of goods varies by batch). One of the most exciting things about TG is their dedication to growth, which is based almost entirely off of customer feedback. We're very excited to watch the development of TG's manufacturer tracking services, which hopefully soon will allow us to calculate and track cost of goods by individual ingredient. As enthused community participants, TG has also given us beta access to cutting edge services that have already cut out our need for other 4th/5th party subscriptions. I feel like eventually TG will be our all around blanket production & sales management interface, and I look forward to that. For now, it's still more versatile than any other SCM solution I've tested, at least without paying $2,000+/mo, and as far as I can tell TG will remain useful as we grow through our business plan and even incorporate. TG has also allowed us to seamlessly integrate with our complex Woo Commerce shopping cart, which we use across multiple sales channels within a Word Press server. TG can track sales back to the individual channel and automate reports to our customers that reflect the proper brands and stores. This has been invaluable to our growth and expansion, and will continue to be for years to come. If you're frustrated and can't figure out which SCM or inventory management solution to choose in the vast sea of services, if nothing else try TG for their outstanding customer support. My favorite part about TG is that no matter what I need to know, figure out, or sometimes even invent, the staff is extremely patient and they know the interface in and out ' I've yet to try to do something within reason that couldn't be done, and it's never taken a CSR more than 2 days to thoroughly teach me how to do it.

by TradeGecko on 11/08/2015

Dear Sterling,

Thank you for the awesome review! We are glad that TradeGecko has helped your business to grow, and we are happy to hear that the features have helped you to save valuable time in your business. We truly appreciate your support, and will be sure to continue to improve our product to serve your needs!

• Reviewed on 05/08/2015
Ann-maree W.
General Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"My trade Gecko"

Comments: As far as inventory management goes, Trade Gecko is excellent. we sell product from several websites including wholesale and Trade Gecko acts as our warehouse where all stock sits. Love itt for making this straight forward.

Pros: At first I was hesitant, do we really need this extra site? we also operate Xero and shopify. I almost said no.
Thank goodness I didnt because Trade Gecko has streamlined our retail sites and our wholesale sales. I cant imagine how e would work without it.

Cons: I do find the Invoice layout good but I cant change the margins and end up wasting a lot of paper because the invoice print to two pages when really it could be one page. Very frustrating. Also would love report that quickly shows how we are tracking versus the same period last year.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Fernando P.
Sales manager
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Great back office All-in-One system"

Comments: After 6 months of use, overall experience is very positive. TG covers all main aspects of our business needs. Very happy with performance and functionalities that makes daily basis work easy. It´s a great relief after moving from an old version of Magento.

Pros: Ease of use even for unexperienced employees. Simple but powerfull, great customer service and fast support , great and useful intelligence features. The B2B platform works great and customers appreciate that too. The amazing inventory system reduced our non-productive hours. Frequent updates and improvements fromTG.

Cons: I miss a bit more of customization. System sometimes loads slowly.

by TradeGecko on 13/02/2020

Dear Fernando, We are happy to hear that our overall product and our B2B eCommerce Platform is saving you and your customers time so that you can focus on further building your business! Team TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Nic L.
Chief of Automation
Chemicals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Full feature"

Pros: They thought of everything.
I was working on a in-house manufacture management software, I canceled the project since T.G. had everything I thought of building and then some.
For the price TG are charging me - I will never be able to justify making it myself.

Cons: We are a tiny manufacturing startup and they're pricing tier that supports manufacturing is cost prohibitive of us. I understand that TG caters to factories with 1M$ in sales, still would be nice it they had a "startup" program kind of like Intercom with a reduced pricing for the first year.

by TradeGecko on 13/02/2020

Thanks for the review Nic, we have also taken on board your feedback. Team TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 04/09/2019
David G.
director
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Its generally good, but has some big shortcomings"

Comments: No phone numbers to speak to anyone on the normal plans. Email support meant that 50% of problems were solved. Support emails go to a generic desk, so its difficult to continue a conversation with the same person. Or for one person to take control of a problem and help solve it.

Pros: Live updating of bundle quantities to our shopify store is very good
The sync speed to shopify is good
The usability of the software is good
It can handle multiple currencies well

Cons: The actual core of the product - keeping track of inventory is not as robust as it needs to be.
We have had many problems of bad syncing with shopify and xero. My opinion is tradegecko is the weak link. Sales are fine. Returns edits and exchanges are bad. So your stock numbers are out. If you edit an order in shopify at all - then tradegecko will not update. So your stock numbers are out.
We also had problems where we made stock takes in tradegecko and they would not sync to xero. Support by email is very cumbersome. The second unforgivable problem is that you cannot report on consumption of SKU's if they are sold within a BOM. Tradegecko admit this is bad for an inventory management solution. They pass the buck to a program called inventory-planner which is actually excellent. You cannot plan incoming stock dates on a per product basis. Only on a per purchase order basis. So you end up reverting to excel for part shipment planning. It is not easy to export a whole order book for a single supplier and manage multiple invoming batches.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Rafael C.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2016

"A bad software package"

Comments: I appreciate TradeGecko’s effort to have a competitive software package, but their offering is still far away from that. Their programming skills seem questionable since the company I work for had to hire and pay for our own programmer that would fix their problems… So we can have a reliable service Seems that their marketing strategy is to make it very compatible (see the list of add-ons above); hence, marketableas “compatible”. I appreciate that too; however, Tradegecko seems to be implementing what they know… I question what that is, including but not limited to accounting procedures, programming, warehouse operations or work experience. These are some of the problems I have had so far because I have to use this software: Returns can only be attached to an invoice, so if the customer does not provide the original invoice number, we can’t do anything in TradeGecko – adjust in QB and then we have to adjust the quantities in TradeGecko. NOTE that our customers are retailers so if their clients return an item they are also clueless. Still ongoing problem. We run a sales history report to show invoices paid within a time period, the report returns invoices created on said time period that are paid. New problem, but the report used to work. We want a sales report showing all sales reps in one report, we can only run reports showing one sales rep at a time or all sales without sales rep information. Ongoing problem. Connectivity is very slow, we are in the U.S. running Windows 10 desktops and don’t know where their servers are. Still ongoing problem We have to refresh the screen every time we enter information, otherwise the new data may not update on it’s own. It can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds before I stop seeing the “logging into your account hello[user]”. Still ongoing problem Inventory turnover is very important, but they don’t offer a default report showing stock valuation per date. It’s either today’s information or we have to add a code string at the end of another report to see the value at a specific date. Ongoing problem I'm not disputing the positive reviews, just would like to know if any of the readers have the same problems I have AND how you solved them, if ever.

Pros: Keeps track of complex items and variants
Integrates with QB
Manages a lot of useful information

Cons: Constructively, spend more time making of it a decent product, then spend the time making it more compatible Slow system response
Lack important reports
Requires that the client hires and pays on their own pocket a programmer to solve some problems
Little consideration to real work scenarios (like merchandise returns)
Very INFLEXIBLE
They have good data, but don't know how to manage data

by TradeGecko on 11/07/2016

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the feedback and I know some of the team are working on this with you but let me just give some more detail here,

1. Returns - we do currently only support returns against an invoice as we want to make sure we associate any movement of goods against a sales order, we're evaluating if there's another method we should support with this.

2. Sales history report - we've made some big changes and improvements to the intelligence section of TradeGecko and we're making some more improvements to give more flexibility around invoice dates / payment due dates etc.,

3. Sales rep report - yep, we don't offer a great solution for this right now, it's on the todo list.

4. Connectivity - our servers are based in the USA (hosted on AWS), so not sure about any latency or speed issues, would love to dive more into this.

5. We're currently working on inventory turnover and more general supply chain metrics and will make sure to update you asap

Thanks again and my apologies that I can't solve all of your issues, but happy to give complete transparency on progress to delivering more of the functions that you're looking to run your growing business. I know Priscilla has been in touch and do get back to her or me if there's anything I can do to help,

Best,

Cameron

CEO, TradeGecko

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2016
Tristan A.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"As a wholesaler, this software makes everything easier."

Comments: -A more organized experience for myself and my customers.
-Great customer service.
-An awesome on the web experience.
-Quick and precise stock control.

Pros: For the consumer and the seller, this software simplified the buying and selling process. The software kept all the products organized and sent out all my invoices on time. The way it was able to keep track of my stock as it was received and shipped out was extremely helpful due to the speed and precision. Where free programs would take a million steps just to complete a sale and track stock, Trade Gecko would do it all in one go.

Cons: The software was a tiny bit sluggish at times when I needed it to function quickly. That is the drawback for any product that must be used over an internet connection though.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Lauren B.
Customer Service/Inside Sales
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2020

"Useful Every Day"

Comments: We're making it possible for our customers to place restocking orders with ease and therefore making our business more streamlined. The ability to host multiple pictures and easily edit our listings and send out email blasts is a godsend! Overall, it's a great product to help keep things organized and stay in touch with your clients.

Pros: It's great to get a downloaded email with some of the orders filed through this system, it makes my morning much easier because I can get a peek at the workload before I have had the chance to go into the system. It's like a snapshot of my day.

Cons: Honestly, what I like least is that I don't know better how to use the software to make improvements, but that's not a criticism of your service, rather an assessment of my skill at using it. I wish I felt like it was easier to find tutorials on how to get better and that's likely something you offer that I just haven't seen yet.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2020
Tracey L.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/09/2016

"An easy-to-use, value-for-money program"

Comments: I started using this software a couple of years ago. As with any inventory software, the initial set-up could have been awful with lots of SKUs, but that wasn't the case with TradeGecko. We had lots of support from the team and it was not difficult to get it up and running! Since then, I've continued to be impressed with it, the levels of customer service (when I've occasionally needed help), and the constantly evolving features.

Pros: Cloud based! Easy to add products, can work in more than one currency with no problems, talks to Woo Commerce and Xero (plus others). I especially like the B2B wholesale ordering feature.

Cons: Nothing

• Reviewed on 02/09/2016
Ashley S.
Purchasing Agent
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2017

"Somehow it keeps getting better!"

Pros: TradeGecko is constantly adding updates and new features making it fit existing needs and adding features that answer needs we didn't know we had! Very easy to learn, use, and teach to others. Favorite features include ability to add pack sizes, categorize and move variants, and just the over all ease of use. Not to mention, the aesthetics of the software are excellent.

Cons: I really have no serious qualms with the TradeGecko software. The only slight "con" I can think of is the rounding on Purchase Orders. While working on a purchase order fractions of a penny are acceptable (happens often when working with packs), however, when the purchase order is saved, the rounding changes the order total. Not a huge issue, but the actual purchase price doesn't always match the total Purchase Order price once saved.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2017
Alsy M.
Back office
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2016

"Good base for a starting company and TradeGecko grows with you (via excellent customer service)"

Comments: The Point of sales system is good and easy to fill in and use. The Intelligence part (sales statistics, stock management / replenishment) needs to be improved somewhat to make it world class. But the best is their customer service. So far I have not experienced such a professional and quick reaction in the industry. They fix almost all my issues within hours and 24/7!

Pros: Basics are OK. Their service is superb!

Cons: Logistics intelligence part could be improved somewhat (statistics on sales , replenishment tool)

• Reviewed on 26/11/2016
Jennipha P.
COO
Consumer Goods
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2015

"The Trade Gecko Inventory System and B2B ordering are great"

Pros: The software systems are easy to use. They make keeping track of inventory easy. I find the software easy to use as a person new to retail and wholesale sales. The B2B system works really well and our clients find it easy to use. The customer service is excellent. I have found the staff to be very helpful and respond promptly when a problem is raised. I also like the way the software is constantly improving as Trade Gecko listens to the needs of their customers and finds workable solutions to add to the software. The fact that it was started by New Zealanders also is brilliant given we are 'Kiwis' too :)

Cons: I have nothing negative to say about the product and vendor.

by Alicia on 26/10/2015

Dear Jenni,

Thanks for the awesome review! Glad to you know that you love TradeGecko, and we truly appreciate the support!

• Reviewed on 14/10/2015
Jim P.
General Manager
Furniture, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Great for a "Off the shelf" product."

Comments: It has allowed the staff employed in store to check stock levels, locations, inbound containers, everything they used to phone us 50 times a day for!! It really is an awesome product

Pros: The interface is very easy to use, very intuitive, handles everything we need to do and is a a great price.

Cons: Quite honestly, nothing. It has made the number of phone calls to head office from stores drop drastically. Everyone is far more productive and informed.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Spencer S.
Operations Manager
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"Great Product for Our Needs"

Comments: Our experience has been really good.

Pros: I really enjoy the ease of use with Trade Gecko. It has been a super simple platform to use.

Cons: Sometimes the dashboard changes and it becomes difficult to figure out how to access the same information.

by TradeGecko on 13/02/2020

Thanks for the review Spencer, we are happy to hear that you find out platform super simple to use, and we are ramping up our customer communication for all product feature updates. Team TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 02/12/2019
Lewis B.
Director of eCommerce
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Great product, lacks project management with their software partners"

Comments: Can do everything if the 3rd party integrations live up to the promises. We will probably be cancelling due to lack of ownership on the must have projects we could not complete due to finger pointing between all integration partners and TG.

Pros: The software was easy to use and could fit most of our needs

Cons: They depend too much on 3rd party relationships and API's to get things done. While they have relationships, they do not take responsibility to manage a project for their customer (me in this case) and push through the project to completion.
Our situation in implementing SPS Commerce and Commercehub required Trade Gecko, SPS or CommerceHub, ShipStation, and Cart Rover. 4 partners all passing the buck in theories of how things should work/connect. None seemingly able or willing to configure it and prove it. All had one common which was TG and sadly nobody at TG took ownership of either of the projects and made it happen.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Sheri K.
accounts manager
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"REview"

Comments: We used Trade Gecko in the past. We have tried other cheaper varieties of programs, but we always come back to this one. We are well pleased with this one and it works great with our other programs such as Amazon, ebay, etc.

Pros: It is easy to work with and also works well with my other apps.

Cons: I don't have a whole lot to complain about other than the price.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Hayden W.
New Business Manager (Export Markets)
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2019

"Easy from the start"

Comments: We are using TG for our online healthcare stores plus wholesale import/export division. We rely on TG to accurately send our orders from the websites or team directly + reporting tools monthly. We have a number of complicated scenarios also which TG handles with ease.

Pros: Cost-effective
User-friendly
Expandable
Customer Service top notch

Cons: No issues from TG which caused any hold-ups or blockages.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Tracie J.
Bookkeeper
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"From my perspective"

Comments: I was shown how to operate the site in about 15 min. The was on the opening day of our busy season. We stayed up and running with no big hiccups to worry about. The site is easy to customize and has been a great tool for all of our departments to work together as a team.

Pros: I use Tradegecko as my quick reference for customer service and bookkeeping needs as well as order processing and inventory. If i need quick info on a spare parts order Tradegecko is alway fast and easy to search.

Cons: If your not careful, entering orders can be tricky. The site suggests items and when the item is similar to what you are looking for it is easy to click the wrong item. Just be mindful and its all good.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2018
Wholesale Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"My experience"

Comments: The overall experience has been good. As a wholesale manager, I am using this tool on a daily basis and it's been of huge help. There is definietly a room for improvement, especially when it comes to adding new functionalities - ideally internal CRM system to have a so-called 'full-package'. and removing those that are irrelevant.

Pros: Tradegecko is a very user-friendly platform. It's very easy to quickly learn this software and manage it without any specific workshops.

Cons: There were some functionalities that I didn't use at all. I would probably revise some of the features. Furthermore, integration with other systems is not always the best. It didn't really work with the software used by our warehouse.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Alexandre C.
Sales export manager
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Good software for a small business"

Comments: I use it daily to create my quote and invoices. I use it to analyse my sales and see my pending quotes.

Pros: Easy to use, clear, fast, and ergonomic.

Cons: The multiples filters to sort out datas are not easy to use.
The extracted Excel datas are not easy to use. Every datas filters appeared in the same columns in the excel doc.
It should be good having a possibility to compare directly Year and last year datas with a simple bottom.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Xinyun L.
Head of Finance & Business Development
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"Great inventory management software"

Comments: Accurate inventory level, reduced out-of-stock situation, better sales analysis

Pros: TradeGecko is really user friendly and straightforward, but the best part is that they are constantly trying to improve and provide new features and integrations that are useful. Customer support is knowledgable and usually able to resolve any issues I face.

Cons: The mobile app isn't as user friendly as its desktop version and currently there isn't an Android version of the app.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Mikael C.
shipping guy
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2019

"grest site to ship item in a business !"

Pros: easy to use is what a like most about this software

Cons: what I like the least in this software is waiting to refresh orders. it can take up to 5-6 minutes before I can shuffle the orders

by TradeGecko on 13/02/2020

Thanks for the review Mikael, we are glad you continue to find our software easy to use. Team TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Paolo B.
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2019

"Great Asset"

Pros: Very user friendly. Information of all sorts is easily viewable and filterable. The B2B ECommerce feature works very well. My customers love it.

Cons: Honestly there is little to dislike. Perhaps on the mobile version of the app, it would be great be able to add orders there directly, as well as see the addresses of the customers directly on the order list.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2019